Zero Escape 4 a possibility

CC: Will there be any more games in the Zero Escape series or is Zero Time Dilemma the finale?
KU: If the fans desire it, there’s always a possibility.

japanator.com/japanator-exclusive-an-interview-with-too-kyo-games-kotaro-uchikoshi-36002.phtml

Kino is back on the menu boys.

Attached: Delta.png (400x240, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2019/06/too-kyo-games-interview-with-kazutaka-kodaka-and-kotaro-uchikoshi-at-bitsummit-7-spirits
zeroescape.fandom.com/wiki/Answers#Nine_Hours.2C_Nine_Persons.2C_Nine_Doors
youtube.com/watch?v=K4N6GJBApdk
youtube.com/watch?v=mfOsjVT8mlU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just let it die. He got lucky with 999.

VLR was his peak

I want it but only if they completely disown the third game.

So how would the plot go?

Basically remaking the third entry.
But I already know it's never going to happen.

>falling for that shit again
no thanks

What's wrong with the third game? I thought it was great

Really now?

No way is there going to be a fan response for a fourth game like there was for the third after the abomination ZTD turned out to be.

Attached: mindhacc.png (540x540, 281K)

Well, yeah, the thing is that it wasn't intended as a comedy.

the "fans would desire it" a lot more if he hadnt fucked up the plot of the third game so much. As it is id say interest in it is tepid at best.

oh god please no

What was funny about it?

True. Fourth game will be about the search of the terrorist.

>If the fans desire it, there’s always a possibility.
>"I don't have anything planned, but if the fans desire it I can write some more alien fax machines and complex motives into the plot, sure

Seeing how there was a lot of interest in AI the Somnium Files despite it coming after ZTD pretty much proves you wrong.

That would be pure kino. Also I hope best boy Snake can finally return next game.

It's a light stealth game, you play as Junpei and Seven and infiltrate the Free The Soul headquarters.

Attached: 1487024227099.jpg (500x612, 107K)

"Desire" is a strong word but I guarantee Zero Escape has been more profitable than whatever else Uchi will make.

Attached: 1373001975871.jpg (300x270, 24K)

>Junpei/Seven adventure as they fuck up cultists and terrorists
I'd play it.

More like he reused all the twists from Infinity for it and VLR. When he had to come up with actually something new he gave us ZTD. Guy is a hack.

Spike Chunsoft don't give a shit about Zero Escape and I doubt that Somnium Files game will sell whatsoever. Regardless, I'm betting that a large part of why Zero Escape 3 even got made was because of the fan reception, just as Uchi is pining for a similar response for a fourth game. Collages like this were made by autists on Yea Forums and sent to Uchi. I really don't see anyone bothering to do the same again for any more of his games.

Attached: frXAxrB.jpg (1360x3886, 868K)

Ai the Somnium Files will probably do as well.

You're literally wrong in your whole post. Incredible

Fuck this franchise Ive never been so infuriated and angry by the end of something before this

I see now, there is no real reason the third game is bad. It's just something the community artificially decided, and people mindlessly parrot it, just like people randomly decided that Skyward Sword was a bad game, and the Wii U is terrible but the Switch is great when they have literally the same games. ZTD is just like the other two games. It is the same type of stuff.

Infinity was pure kino

At least tell me how I'm wrong, you absolute fucking mongoloid. Spike Chunsoft didn't even bother announcing ZE3 after VLR only sold 15k copies in Japan, they got Aksys to do it instead. Uchi literally says in this interview that he'll make a fourth if the fans desire it so how am I wrong to assume it was the same for ZE3?

>that one user defending Uchi and Somnium Files
wew lad

>the Wii U is terrible but the Switch is great when they have literally the same games
Retarded snoyfag

>1 minute and 1 second apart
How much are they paying you to shill that trash?

Yeah, except no.

Man you're going all out huh? Mad that Danganronpa is dead?

This story was awful but it was a hell of a ride before and after launch. I don't think I ever laughed so much in a long time. I'm all for another train wreck.

Mate, you're trying too hard. I'm not even the same guy. I'm sorry people don't like your shitty game. People have differing opinions, it's okay dawg.

Attached: fuck u say.gif (370x277, 2.51M)

But I'm not shilling for Danganronpa.

Yeah. Sadly R11 never got finished. And then Uchi just said "lol, it's finished, it was always intended to end this way :^)"

>I WAITED 6 MONTHS FOR YOU
not even Battler is this retarded

You are him. Cry harder when Somnium Files does great while Danganronpa continues to be dead lol.

Just have the shifter stop the terrorist from genociding humanity. The final twist is that the terrorist was actually an alien trying to prevent a terrorist from killing all life in the galaxy.

Kodaka is as a hack, just like Uchi. They even made their own company and are now working on even shittier games together.

Yeah this, I was hyped as fuck after finishing VLR, now I have 0 interest in the series, ZTD ruined everything just like MGS4 ruined MGS. Some things are better to just be left alone.

Maybe people don't like it because Uchi is a hack that falsely advertised what the third game was going to be, you dumbass.

Attached: 1467325733877.png (950x547, 714K)

Virtue's was better than 999, both were incredible.

I'd be happy, I liked all three games. Yes, even ZTD. It didn't resolve all the shit from VLR but it had a lot of good moments and cool ideas. It's easily the most game-y of the three.

I'm not sure how he'd work on it if he's at another studio though? Would Spike Chunsoft just license/sell it to them?

>shitting on a game that isn't even out yet
Autism.

That pissed me off too. It's clear Infinity wasn't supposed to end that way at all. Uchikoshi was damage controlling.

I was talking about ZTD, you fucking retard.

I can't even talk about this game with the same gusto anymore because ZTD was such a letdown. Just give us a Q&A so we can shelf this series.

>999 and VLR were proved things that work
It makes sense for them to be great, a lot of authors just rehash the same story with some variations until they got it perfectly, there's nothing wrong with this.

Idk why he changed it this much. VLR felt so irrelevant in ZTD.

>terrorists
>aliens
>Kyle and Santa make out on screen

VLR was cowritten, that cowriter had nothing to do with ZTD.

No you weren't. You were talking about Somnium Files you autist

He was, however, one of the writers on 428 prior to VLR.

M

C O M P L E X

T

I

V

E

S
Spoilers ahead
The game was trash
>everything you do kills you for no real reason
>he says he wanted to train people to look for the moron who manages to kill the humanity
> M I N D H A C K
> Aliens, just for the asspulls
The idea that he was a secret player was kino, but then why no one thinks about that there are 4 players in a team?

Probably because Uchi wanted to make a game that could stand more on its own merits and wasn't simply a laundry list of VLR plot points.
But the real issue is that the shift from VN to cinematic style storytelling (combined with the tiny budget) probably significantly limited the scope of the story. C Team didn't even get a second ending.

Now I need ZE4 right now

>people are trying to meme Uchikoshi's sub-writers like they did with Kojima
This fanbase really turned sour huh?

The whole point to the endgame twist of VLR and it's true route was so it would be properly wrapped up in ZTD. That didn't happen.

>THREE
>FUCKING
>YEARS
would've made a thread for the actual anniversary but i was busy

Attached: punished sigma.jpg (500x626, 182K)

You probably didn't get caught up in the insane hypetrain and/or understood the story better than most of the people ITT.

>Writes Infinity series with other writers
>Company having money trouble during Remember 11, so the VN gets rushed out
>Uchikoshi and other main writer promise to end it somehow, tease a sequel
>Other writer fucks off, Uchi is left alone
>Knows he can't write for shit so he says the VN is finished, no sequel is planned
>Makes 999 and VLR by reusing the same twists and shit from Infinity, stealing other writer's ideas
>Nothing left to reuse for ZTD
>ZTD comes out and it's a pile of shit
>Leaves the company
>Teams up with Danganronpa writer, Kodaka to become the ultimate hack duo

He could've done that with a new game entirely. He made VLR as blatant sequel bait and then abandoned more than half of its plot points for fucking what? Some nonsense about mindhaccs and other unintelligible garbage.

I'm interested to see how they'll fuck shit up with their 4 projects tbqh. Though the DR-like designs kinda has me wary though it makes sense since DR artist works with them now.

Attached: Too-Kyo-Games_09-11-18_Concept-Art_Top (2).jpg (640x452, 123K)

>KU: If the fans desire it, there’s always a possibility.
Holy fuck Uchikoshi no, just work on new shit from now on.

I mean, Alice wasn't wrapped up in VLR.

PREQUEL ABOUT THE SNAIL
DO IT

ZERO SNAIL DILEMMA

Attached: 1283292589759.jpg (158x153, 7K)

What platforms would ZE4 even be on?

I'm And now I'm even more mad after looking at this picture.
Why did he thought fucking was a good idea? (yeah joke about how it s always a good idea)
Why did he send the babies rather than himself and open the door from outside?
Why can't he just jump?

most likely Switch, PS4 and PC

I wonder how much of those projects is beyond the conceptual phase by this point. They all got announced while Uchikoshi was neck-deep working on AI, and that game still isn't finished.

I also think, whatever good was in I/O had nothing to do with Nakazawa, and the parts that mattered in it were route A and the end of route E. Route E was written by Nakazawa, but Route A's writer was one the three guys behind the concept of the game and one of two guys supervising overall plot and design, so it is entirely possible Route E's ending was Nakazawa simply paraphrasing Route A's writer's concepts.

Said Route A's writer is also the only writer on the game that had nothing whatsoever to do with any of post-Route-E/LogOut routes, which are universally panned as being utter shit.

But she literally was. We see her in 999 ending and then we get more of her in VLR. Uchikoshi claims she's not the same Alice but that's obviously bullshit.

I don't see how mindhack is nonsense when it's similar to transmitting from 999, just one-way/forcible. Every idea (except the aliens which really are out of nowhere) is built on prior concepts.

I'm literally in that picture so at least that part is correct, Yea Forums autists were involved

He has Somnium Files as his last game for SC

Probably Switch/PS4/PC.

It's possible for it to be on PS5 as well.

VLR was garbage and only hypetards who judge games on what thry could be care for it. The story is nothing but setup for a story that didn't need setup.

Kodaka said 3 of the projects are past conceptions at this point and are pretty much finished when comes to writing the stories for them. It's Limit x Despair that's still in conceptual stage.

>Why can't he just jump?
because MY SHIFT CONNECTION'S BEEN CUT

>We see her in 999 ending and then we get more of her in VLR
...but by that logic you could say that about everything in ZTD except Kyle, and Kyle can be dismissed by saying that he would have had no opportunities to access the alien fax machine during ZTD.

Pretty much none of the mysteries surrounding All-ice/Alice were resolved, her appearance in VLR is one big cocktease. Ice-9, being an Egyptian queen, the coffin, etc. At most VLR/ZTD could perhaps point to her being alien faxed way back in the past by accident.

Sorry your taste is this bad. It was definitely better than 999.

uchi names Banshee's Last Cry as one of his favorite VNs, is it really only in english on fucking iOS?

Are there any fan translations for better platforms?

Attached: sleeptightuchi.png (707x882, 604K)

Do you not care about individual moments in a story at all? Themes, concepts, characters? It's all just "muh overarching plot"?

Have a link to where he said that?

I think it was because there was no guarantee he'd end up outside.

Shaddap, VLR had Dio's and Luna's endings, one is jaw-dropping, the other is God-tier and literally one of the most memorable scenes in anything Infinity-related.

Fuck I made a 999 thread just now without seeing this thread. I got some questions about 999 after just finishing it.
1. Why didn't Santa and June just kidnap Junpei, point a gun to his head, and force him to solve that stupid sodouku puzzle? That seems like it would be alot less work than setting up another remake of the Nonary game and alot less variables that would lead their plan to fucking up.
2. How did Junpei remember the safe code from the previous play through? I thought that he was a "transmitter" and not a "receiver" (or whatever term they used in the game, I forgot)
3. What was the point of all of the ALLICE shit? What did the characters gain out of searching through the library and study rooms? This one is probably just me misremembering what happend.

I only played the first game, so maybe these answers are explained in future games.

Doesn't seem like it. SNES version doesn't have a fan translation sadly.

Are you dumb? VLR was literally more sequelbait than 999 ever was. You only had All-ice in 999 and that was basically explained a bit with Alice. Even so it was still wasnt that important even in 999. Now VLR? Literally the true route's endgame was literally setting up the sequel.

Reminder that the epilogue was never canon. You were all bamboozled into thinking Kyle would ever be relevant.

gematsu.com/2019/06/too-kyo-games-interview-with-kazutaka-kodaka-and-kotaro-uchikoshi-at-bitsummit-7-spirits

I think all of these are answered in the Q&A but I'll give it a try
1. killing many birds with one stone, powers take time to develop, also explained in the third game somewhat
2. everyone is both to varied extents, that's why normal people also saw the funyarinpa as a dog, junpei just specializes in transmitting
3. red herring and I don't remember what you mean

>Teams up with Danganropa writer
>Turns out the real reason the terrorists did it was to avoid the ultimate despair and the ensuing bullshit and the alien technology was actually the result the result of the far future of the despair timeline
>Things on get worse from there
I can see it.

>1. Why didn't Santa and June just kidnap Junpei, point a gun to his head, and force him to solve that stupid sodouku puzzle? That seems like it would be alot less work than setting up another remake of the Nonary game and alot less variables that would lead their plan to fucking up.
Didn't they say they needed to recreate the environment to further the link or whatever?

> How did Junpei remember the safe code from the previous play through? I thought that he was a "transmitter" and not a "receiver" (or whatever term they used in the game, I forgot)
Can't remember.

3. What was the point of all of the ALLICE shit? What did the characters gain out of searching through the library and study rooms? This one is probably just me misremembering what happend.
For 999 it's literally just redherring bait. It's used to explain some of the concepts of the morphogenetic field though.

If you just beat the game read up on the 999 Q&A Uchikoshi did, it's really good and will probably answer some of your questions.
zeroescape.fandom.com/wiki/Answers#Nine_Hours.2C_Nine_Persons.2C_Nine_Doors

Are there any other instances of a game/movie discounting a crucial post credit scene as "non-canon" despite all the set up for it?

Attached: kyle.jpg (882x797, 463K)

>1.
They needed to exactly recreate the events that young Akane saw. There was no possibility of failure, as she basically already saw the outcome
>2.
The ending should have made clear that being a transmitter and a receiver isn't mutually exclusive. Junpei and young Akane talk to each other through the field, so it isn't a stretch to assume that Junpei could send and receive the code from another timeline.

It had its ups and downs (I liked when Carlos, Junpei and Akane just started jumping through timelines together) but the ending was definitely weak as fuck which unfortunately was what stuck to people since for them this was the end of the Zero Escape saga.

1. Because Akane/June loved Junpei and wouldn't do that to him. Plus if he's under too much pressure, he could fuck up and their plan goes down the drain.

2. Junpei's power works as a little bit of both. He's different from the others.

3. Allice was just to set up the VLR red herring with Alice.

I think the stupid hack realized he bit off way more than he could chew with that scene and he figured nobody would call him out on making that scene non canon
What a fucking idiot

NO I DO NOT DESIRE IT.

Blame natural disasters and Japanese superstition. Can't have the last scene in the game be a giant fucking explosion Sigma sees when he meets Akane in the past.

Stop spoiling the Limit x Despair game.

Isnt this fucker 120 years old or some shit?

Yes. For some reason he got flung to a more distant past than Phi which is why he's much older than her despite being technically her twin brother.

>The terrorists delta wanted to kill with rad-6 were the students of Hope's peak
Nani the fuck
The sad thing is that those idiots would see that as a great idea and collectively destroy TWO franchises, both of which are dead already

I hope this guy never makes anything ever again.

124 to be exact.

They got both send to 1904, but the German scientists somehow had the brilliant idea to send a copy of baby Phi forward in time to get adopted by her older self.

no, phi got sent a bit into the future by the scientists working on the machine when the two arrived
Yeah, alien fax machine is full of fuck

Diochads report in

Attached: images (3).jpg (739x415, 29K)

>Do you not care about individual moments in a story at all? Themes, concepts, characters?
I do, which is why I enjoyed 999 while there's nothing to praise about VLR. Splitting tge game into a route per character was a massive fucking mistake that caused the vast majority of content to be shit tier padding or near copy-paste. 6/9 of the routes aren't on the path to the core plot, so you'd expect them to double down on characterization on those routes, right? Nope. Same ass shit with core plot points sprinkled around sparingly and synopses for much better stories thrown in as "endings." The number of routes led to each route being shorter than it needed, meaning your time with the characters is scant. It doesn't make up for this via cross-route awareness or quality if writing, so you just get rushed cliches. It's fucking terrible.

I would love to love VLR, but the plot and progression need a drastic rework. So much of the game is essentially dead air and the payoff isn't wirth it.

Dio was a bore from start to finish that hinges on being meta (woooAAah, the obvious villain IS the villain, what a twist!) and the big reveal in his ending is just an escalated version of 999's end reveal. It's a rehash. The moon shit wasn't interesting because the game it's directly tied to already pulled off a similar twist far more effectively. Luna's a goddamn cookie cutter android waifu and I don't get the praise. Nier Automata handled robots parsing a simulcrum of human emotion better and it's not even some great game in terms of its writing on existentialism and socialization. I don't get the praise for her outside of "muh sweet robowaifu ;^;". Diana was one of the few things in ZTD that felt like a good followup, I liked seeing the flawed root of robowaifu.
If you said K and Tenmyouji had potential you might have had something.

Again user. Limit(Japanese for Escape) x Despair is literally a way to dab on both ZE AND DR.

It won't surprise me that those two will use this game to sink their dead series even more.

Attached: DvyIDVLXgAMhRGZ.jpg (600x888, 129K)

PLEASE NO BULLY

Cant hate the guy he made Coco.

Oh shit I forgot. It's more retarded than how I remembered it.

Attached: Ever17-Coco-Yagami-640x960-2-200x300.jpg (200x300, 21K)

Just give me a third person sneaking game where I get to break into terrorist hideouts with 7, Carlos, and Junpei. Have areas in the hideout go from 3rd person to a fixed first person view when in escape rooms.

I am still mad, I thought I would be lesd mads after years but I will never ever not be mad.

he teamed up with the original writer again to make Punchline, didn't he

Do you really want another Zanki Zero-tier VN? Even if it does completely kill DR and ZE (not saying this is a bad thing), is the world ready for such a work of art?

Dio was cool but I agree that he was way too obvious.

>(woooAAah, the obvious villain IS the villain, what a twist!)
Honestly given the fuckery in throughout 999 I thought it was effective.

>Do you really want another Zanki Zero-tier VN?
Seeing as Zanki Zero was great, I would. But this game may not even be a VN.

And the world wouldn't be ready but as long as this game decimates DR and ZE's corpses, I'm fine with it.

What you don't get is that tgere is a subplot, relating VLR to 999 in pretty much the same way MGS2 is related to MGS1, revolving around empathy and/or lack of thereof, intimately related to the "autistic" visual design of VLR and its futuristic setting, and culminating with Luna's ending. Said subplot is exyremely uncharacteristical for Uchikoshi and most likely was aforementioned co-writer's doing.

>Dude sterilization and the detachment from living beings due to your objectives.
Just because I think it's shit doesn't mean I think it's good. Like I said, I'd love to love the game, I understand the idea, I think it's just done poorly.

I don't even think that's the problem. It's more that making him the core threat is unsatisfying. I'd like Dio if routes were longer, giving him more time fir various permutations of fuckery, and I think making him a Chaosfag for his order but NOT the obe who set up the bombs would have made it all much more palatable.

It subverts expectations, yeah. I'm not sure that makes it good, though.

>Just because I think it's shit doesn't mean I think it's good.
Oops. Meant "doesn't mean I don't get what it's going for." I'm retarded.

Isnt Dio from an army of clones? Clones of Delta's brother or some shit?

Yep. Good angle, handled wrong imo.

If there's anything ZE related that would happen, it'd be a complete remake of ZE3 that retcons Zero Time Dilemma, and even that's unlikely. Just let Zero Escape die. I'm excited to see him start fresh with AI especially since I still feel like ZTD was a case of him buckling under fan pressure and trying too hard to please, like how he rewrote the ending rather last-minute, plus the fact that each team very clearly had a separate script rather than everything being under one unified banner

That's what you get for wanting plot related questions answered outside of a game itself. You should have known these things are subject to change, as they always are. Seriously, why would you want to know critical plot related details outside of playing the games and finding out yourself, even if it means waiting for a future entry? Sounds like you guys are the dumbasses.

>The idea that he was a secret player was kino, but then why no one thinks about that there are 4 players in a team?
That's not necessarily the case. Maybe he was just "there", but not a player.

Are you retarded? All those questions are from things in the fucking game and Uchi claimed they'd be answered in his next game. They weren't so we found out nothing. You can't create key story elements and then drop half of them. No-one would defend Han Solo suddenly disappearing without ever being mentioned again in Episode IV.

You just repeated everything you said again. It wasn't a good point the first time, so why did you think it would be a good point the second time? Oh right, because you're an actual NPC.

>i'll spout buzzwords instead of refuting your point
okay lad, keep it up. you really fit in now!

the big twist is that delta was there the whole time but just conviently off screen, that is the "twist"

Actually I never thought about that until now.
He was in the present of SHIFTers for just as long as Mira and Eric, if not longer. How come he's incapable of inheriting SHIFT potential? Does having mind hack powers just prevent you from adapting?

I get what you're saying about how a story isn't beholden to prior entries' promises, but you're not doing yourself any favors with the high and mighty attitude.

because they wanted revenge on ace, and in order for jumpy to solve said puzzle he needed to be put into the game to unlock his powers

Of course. 999 fags are all casual sissyfags.

Let it die. The earlier titles were a fluke. Plus, I don’t know how a 4th title would even work. Didn’t Uchikoshi leave Spike Chunsoft after AI? He doesn’t own the rights to Zero Escape at the new company he formed.

Or they just really liked Myst.

Reminder ZTD is an avant-garde game like MGS2 and you are retarded if you think it wasn't intended to be a wild ride. They handwaved taking down fucking brother, that should make it obvious is was never intended to be anything more than a fun spinoff.

I've just noticed the tone of 999(mainly the ending) attracts tumblr types and it was popular among the general DS crowd. They tend to be casuals that just found 999 neat and don't give a shit about the series in general. Obviously 999 is good, but their is a separate 999 fanbase from the ZE fanbase that is cancer.

Kanny is kawaii!

Attached: kannylineup.png (1280x939, 628K)

Why do people seem to dunk on Zanki Zero? I'm on Chapter 6 and I love it so far though I feel like Terashima will kinda just be Junko again, what with "wow so kooky madman who just likes chaos"
And no, I'm disregarding the people crying foul over the censorship, I more mean that people who have played it seem to leave with the notion of a like 5/10 or so in writing

VLR was Ever17 if it had better pacing and was interesting for longer than just a half hour at the end of each route and a couple of hours for the true route. By the like third time I had to go through the chicken sandwiches I was fucking losing it.

You could say the same for the babies

>there are people unironically defending that trash ZTD here
How is infinitychan's Yea Forums? I can't take this shit anymore.

Or they just think the first game was good and the sequels aren't.

You're on a board that also defends FFXV, MGSV and DmC. There's no fixing it now.

Finally.
Leave already.

ZTD was the best comedy sci-fi game I've ever played in my life.

>CC: Considering the similarities in both of your respective franchises, and the fact that you are now coworkers, how is your relationship with Kazutaka Kodaka?
>KU: Our relationship, now that we work on the same company, he treats me like his slave and forces me to do chores, like lick his toe and lick the toilet, so I got two choicesؙ —I quit or he kills me.
What did he mean by this?

"I wouldn't have created a company with him if I didn't like him, retard."

youtube.com/watch?v=K4N6GJBApdk

I can't speak for the last two, but FFXV was a dumpster fire on release for a lot of reasons, but it is relatively better now.
I played recently as if it wasn't an old-school rpg rather than an open world game because the elements lifted from the open world genre are half-baked at best.
Although, most of the time I played FFXV was spent beating the shit out of my teammates at camp sites in order to get gud at the combat system so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Was instead of wasn't. Goddamn contractions.

Does the main character Date have a waifu in that game like Junpei had Akane?

I think people dunk on it mostly due to the censorship shit. But most people were either meh or fine with the story which is more than you can say about Danganronpa's story.

Also..... yeah. Terashima pretty much screams Junko

Didn't Uchi throw out the script to ZTD because he was bored? Why would he even want to return to it again?

money

I figured. As soon as I saw the footage of him laughing at Yuma's mom tentacle-raping her dad, I kinda just assumed the writers were gonna go with the "man who only wants chaos" stereotype. I at least hope the whole Garage Kids story gets better because the bit I'm at right now (where Rinko and Ryo both believe Haruto is the guy who murdered Sachika) feels really dumb from a character-writing standpoint

That's great, I can't wait for old Phi to be the villain.

Ai looks a lot more promising than ZTD ever did. The models and animations look a lot better but that's probably because they have a better budget and hardware to work with this time around.

Not yet but apparently Iris' mom Hitomi was supposed to be the heroine and be involved in a romance with him as one of the big plots of the game but then Uchikoshi saw Iris' design, fell in love with it and decided to rework the whole story with her as the heroine instead. The romance with Date and Hitomi hasn't been confirmed to have been dropped but it just won't be the main plot of the story. Though as pic related shows, elements of it will probably remain.

Attached: Hitomi_and_Date.jpg (1920x1080, 749K)

Carlos deserved better than to be stuck with a couple acting like retarded teenagers.

It also has to do with having Kozaki for the art (say what you will about his FE artwork, but he draws some damn good modern/future design work) combined with it very clearly using the graphics engine from Zanki Zero, which actually did do the artwork adaptation to 3D models exceptionally well, at least for the characters.

What money? I never saw figures for ZTD but 999 and VLR famously sold like shit.

I played through the game and know how the story ends but let's just say....yeah Terashima is going to be exactly how you think he will be. Basically an older Junko but male. He's a work of art and honestly more hilarious than Junko was. Also the Garage Kids story will end up getting more sad as you play throughout the story. There's a reason why Rinko thinks Haruto killed Sachika and I'm sure you probably already have an idea why

Punchline was quite fucking garbage too.

Attached: complex motives.jpg (1566x882, 125K)

Should i read the golden files in virtues last reward before finishing the game? I have from some people that reading them reveals the twists in the game, while other people say it's just "a bit of foreshadowing"

>old Phi
>not old Eric
Damn brat.

>tfw it was shit
I guess life is simply unfair.

>It also has to do with having Kozaki for the art (say what you will about his FE artwork, but he draws some damn good modern/future design work) combined with it very clearly using the graphics engine from Zanki Zero, which actually did do the artwork adaptation to 3D models exceptionally well, at least for the characters.
Yeah Kozaki definitely helped in making the artstyle for AI look a lot better than ZTD. And yeah the graphic engine for AI is basically the same as Zanki Zero's which is why the models look a lot better. Both were designed with better hardware. But yet the artwork for those two games with it's characters were honestly good.

>Secret ending that talks directly to the player and tells them they have to buy the sequel
>People are surprised this is considered non-canon

>999
>sold like shit
In Japan maybe but it did exceptionally well in the west.

No. Straight up no. Wait to finish the game first. And leave this thread so you don't get spoiled.

Are you literally retarded?

>Secret ending that talks directly to the player and teases all the cool shit the sequel is gonna do
>People are mad when the sequel doesn't deliver

All I can think of is "The guy in question just resembles him quite a bit", but now I'm thinking there's clone fuckery at work here since the glimpses we get of him seem to resemble middle-aged Haruto

Punchline seemed to be very deliberately dumb bullshit, like it was Uchi injecting his shenanigans into a parody of haremshit.
How was the game anyway? Held off due to the $50 MSRP and I just forgot about it

I see. Well since you've already gotten to stage 6 with Rinko. I might as just leave you off with this hint....

My fair lady.

Punchline was pure kino.

Yeah Uchikoshi messed up by setting up VLR the way he did.

Am I the only one who thought that Junpei and Akane's character progression from 999 to ZTD was retarded?
>Junpei 2027: almost puked when he saw a dead body and didn't want anyone to die
>Junpei 2028: why not kill Team D, fuck em I've seen too much shit in one year
>Akane 2027: revenge-murdered 3(?) people and put 7 others in a situation where they would die if they fucked up
>Akane 2028: Junpei, suggesting to kill 3 people is fucked up, wtf is wrong with you? I don't want anyone to die

Also Akane 2028: This reminds me of that one time travel movie, but anyway, let's nuke this place.

A-Alot can change in a year.....

While people are quick to say "Well Akane very clearly has twisted morals" but I feel like it was lousy writing compounded on the pretty natural belief of "hey, her murders were of people that ultimately deserved it", and Junpei's was because of his undercover detective/agent work bearing witness to human/organ trafficking

Just 9 years to go

Attached: plan.png (634x211, 27K)

Are you? 70% of the ending is telling you that a sequel will exist and you should buy it, 30% is a half-baked epilogue. You have every reason to call Uchi a hack and to be disappointed at the fact he promised to answer a lot of things that never went anywhere, but when I first saw that ending I thought of it as a blatant advertisement more than actual setup.

Yasu waited 6 years for him instead of using a phone or sending a letter

That is when ZE4 will come out.

Punchline was shit and only worth it for the reverse trap. Too bad they barely use that concept.

I'm worried as to how far Rinko and Mamoru's backstories will go, because holy shit Zen's was only the 2nd one up and it just went the full fuckin 9 yards. My guess is Mamoru's the assistant that was beside Terashima during the experiment, at a time before he was buff

>a sequel will exist
>also webm related doesn't have anything to do with the sequel and is just there for no reason at all

Attached: non-canon metafiction 2.webm (640x360, 1.14M)

I don't remember ZTD that well but I interpreted Akane's reactions more like her being outraged at Junpei suggesting that they should kill other people, rather than being outraged to the idea itself. Like she can't believe her sweet Jumpy is actually suggesting it.

How are you supposed to care about characters when the shitty writing turns them into schizophrenic assholes between different routes, the plot turns everyone into a replaceable meatbags and "themes" make everything that happens entirely irrelevant.

This. It's like Sayaka who's done bad things in her career to get to the top hears Makoto suggesting to kill someone or ruin someone's career. No matter how much you do yourself, you'd be outraged or saddened if your sweet crush from childhood ends up going down a dark path.

Yeah dude, you're Kyle.

you did what!

it's her fault for taking off. what did she expect? for junpei to remain the same?

I can see Akane still being a decent person in ZTD, since she can just deflect the deaths in 999 by saying that they're Ace's fault or that they were necessary to avoid a paradox or some shit.

do it

Yeah Zen's backstory was probably the most fucked up with Ryo's being a close second. Also good guess on Mamoru

Too bad Kyle's consciousness was never part of the mission in ZTD. But man, I sure would love to know how Akane solved this conundrum.

Attached: another end.webm (480x270, 1.56M)

I don't know what schrodinger's cat has to do with it but they're probably talking about that motherfucking alien time machine

AFM doesn't solve the problem at all. The originals would still be on the moon, while we would have two copies of Alice and Clover in the past.

Akane had decades to figure all this out going into VLR. She must have considered all possibilities. But yeah Kyle literally had nothing to do with ZTD. Same with Schrodinger's Cat.

>game 1 sets up alice as an important character
>the only reason she exists in game 2 is to solve a shitty math problem and highlight the bad writing

Attached: 1467850598967.png (1349x710, 1.01M)

She was never important in 999

She has big tits, tho

But if Clover and Alice don't know how it works, then the copies would think they were the originals sent back in time. Then Akane could just shoot the originals, I guess.

>mfw I realize none of the members in team Q are shifters and they can actually be remove from the game without making any impact to the storyline

Attached: 1351066085490.png (286x324, 47K)

She's directly involved in the goverment investigation on Free the Soul. Her father was also kidnapped to create Brother's army of Left clones.

So all we need to solve this problem is some alien tech, killing not one but two copies of Alice and Clover while hoping that no one ever mentions to them how the AFM works.

Despite all the mentions of them, we never really got to actually stop Free the Soul or that terrorist.

That's why i'm saying "set up".
There was a promise of something during game ending and the dumb All-ice myth.

>She's directly involved in the goverment investigation on Free the Soul. Her father was also kidnapped to create Brother's army of Left clones.
It's a background information, Alice herself does absolutely nothing through the entire game.

I'm entirely sure there was a plan author had for Alice during first game that he abandoned because her dress, design and dumb all ice shit are too much of coincidence.

Attached: True_end_14.png (1280x720, 1.32M)

Listen, I do not want this and want him to just let it die after ZTD was.That said, IF it happens, I'm buying it day 1. I have to know what's going on.
I totally predicted this would happen, btw.
>new Nonary Game with 9/ish cast size
>takes place at nuclear reactor turned bunker
>about 3 returning faces are in the 9
>whole game is set up by MindHackerman to weed out the rouge
>in bed endings somehow the launch codes or activation switches are buried in said bunker, which big bad uses to cause bad timelines
cap this now, motherfuckers.

Attached: proper reaction to this bullshit.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

And Brother got a complete rewrite in ZTD. Almost everything VLR established about him and FtS was dropped.

>Alice herself does absolutely nothing through the entire game
Same as Quark, Clover and arguably even Junpei.

Attached: dioend.jpg (573x335, 41K)

Wait, she wasn't working with Seven or something?

Attached: kyle.webm (640x360, 1.11M)

You saw everything through his eyes and his camera. That's why Q team had more intimate camera angle shots.

Attached: decision.png (870x1964, 1.37M)

>You saw everything through his eyes and his camera.
Yes, obviously Delta avoided being seen by his own apparently floating cameras. Midway through he decided that this was stupid though.

Attached: wait there is more.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

what if Kyle was never meant to be part of ZTD, and only comes back in 4?

Please help me, I need the Mind Vibe webm

>Same as Quark, Clover and arguably even Junpei.
Two of those are carry over characters that already had their time to shine. And Quark is literally a collateral and has no reason to do anything within the context of the story.
There's no fable about ancient french God King Qu-ak the Trashcan hat who has exact same look as Quark. There's no set up.

Alice is a Chekhov's rifle that author put on a wall and decided to remodel into Chekhov's dildo midway through the series.

There was never meant to be a ZE4. Another End talks quite explicitly about Kyle being part of ZTD, so bringing him back wouldn't change anything.

Only if you ever believed All-Ice was something more than a red herring in 999. He just used her tongue-in-cheek appearance in the ending to fuck with returning players. Alice actually being All-Ice would need some of the most contrived explanation imaginable.

>There's no fable about ancient french God King Qu-ak the Trashcan hat who has exact same look as Quark.
Well there is Quark being a Left clone.

First half of ZTD was great. They should've had a bit more scenes before the game to establish the characters.

The second half was....really bad.

The thing I was most disappointed about is the group's never intersected until the end.

>Man I wish we'd get another Zero Sscape or Danganronpa
>tfw tookyo games happens and they wear themselves thin with too much freedom, and too many projects, and it ends up being shit
T-Thanks
I still got fingers crossed but I dunno man. It's like Gamefreak, the less Nintendo controls them the worse their output. Same with Kojima wasting millions of Sony bucks to make DS and it's gonna suck because it's fucking Kojima with unlimited money making something new, it's inevitable.

Attached: idontthinkudo.jpg (512x384, 27K)

damn, bruh's got a sense of humor

Attached: file.png (813x151, 33K)

It's even more retarded, for all 3 games your mind has never been swapped (you move it, but when you do the other you doesn't take your place). Now all of the sudden it's a big deal, then you nuke it anyway, then at the end of game it becomes a big deal again, finally you just jump together (but sigma couldn't do it till now...)

>for all 3 games your mind has never been swapped
VLR literally starts with young and old Siggy swapping.

If the mission is success then VLR never happens, that's your stupid cat.
The fact that people changed vote for no fucking reason triggers me. Only phi had reasons for doing it

I don't believe it was a red herring because it wasn't directly connected to anything in the story at all. Red herrings are meant to be false leads or tricks. They actually have a point within the story - you lead the reader to false conclusions, that helps you hide real facts and strengthens the surprise when you get the answers.
The mummy story wasn't doing any of that and instead just adds to the mythology of game's world.
Maintaining red herring during the final scene, after the answer is also entirely pointless unless there's a meaning to it within a sequel.

>ruined the 999 twist for myself by playing on Vita
As it was it was already one of the most impactful moments I've ever experienced in a video game, but it's hard not to think about how much the dual screen revelation would've hit me.

Attached: pooh.gif (320x287, 982K)

>you lead the reader to false conclusions, that helps you hide real facts and strengthens the surprise when you get the answers
Like Snake being in the coffin?
>entirely pointless unless there's a meaning to it within a sequel
999 wasn't written with a sequel in mind. All-Ice's appearance was never meant to be more than a small joke.

>Panel revealed mommy broken left arm was originally supposed to be the main heroine
>Switched the role to her daughter because Uchi daughterfu'd again
gdi, I would have preferred a more mature character instead of Tesa's cringy antics taking the frontseat

JUST MAKE THE ORIGINAL ZERO ESCAPE 3 THAT YOU GOT BORED OF AND DECIDED TO CHANGE TO "COMPLEX MOTIVES"

I AM STILL WAITING FOR THIS. ZTD WAS NOT ZE3.

I MESSAGED YOU ON FACEBOOK ABOUT IT AND YOU SAW THE MESSAGE AND IGNORED ME. IS IT SO WRONG TO WANT TO KNOW HOW THE GAME WAS ORIGINALLY SUPPOSED TO BE BACK WHEN YOU MADE VLR?

Attached: 1ebsjn.jpg (274x274, 10K)

Akane killed millions and did not save anyone.

They should let it continue. It will be funny as fuck schlock.

Newfags playing the remastered version is a fucking travesty It's a truly awful port.

I also miss Stan Lee

There was no promise with All-ice. She was never that important to the 999 plot to begin with.

What was Delta's problem?

Yeah. But atleast the mommy will get dicked by the MC.

Wait.

This is bad. If the the MC dicks the mommy, then he becomes Tesa's new daddy and then we're stuck with her even more.

The emotional pressure of needing to stop his father fucking his sister.

His father thought Germany at the brink of two World Wars was a safe place for him and his twin sister.

>2019
>Uchi apologists still exist
Burn to the fucking ground.

Attached: it's called DECISION GAME, dad.png (936x936, 991K)

I hope you're ready to eat your words in November, user

ZTD memes were the best

Delta just needed to have someone who loved him.

Fuck yeah

holy brother
holy father
holy master

Attached: Dio_holding_Detonator.png (789x789, 516K)

youtube.com/watch?v=mfOsjVT8mlU

REMINDER THAT YOU'RE ALL SHITTERS

Attached: MINDU HACKKU.webm (800x450, 2.86M)

I remember when people thought Carlos would be Left.

I remember people saying tenmoldy was santa

I fucking hope I get to eat my own words if it's kino I'll fucking suck a dick

>KU: Our relationship, now that we work on the same company, he treats me like his slave and forces me to do chores, like lick his toe and lick the toilet, so I got two choicesؙ —I quit or he kills me.

The new game looks like it might be trash.

With their love story be as bad as Junpei/Akane, Sigma/Diana and Eric/Mira?

Didn't they reveal Tenmouji's name from the getco in the trailer?

ZTD was trash. We know.

depends. the mom already has a daughter so seems like the guy would be taking in the whole package.