How do I enjoy this game without blobbing? I enjoy medium size kingdom more than continent size empire

How do I enjoy this game without blobbing? I enjoy medium size kingdom more than continent size empire.

Attached: big blur blob.png (1600x900, 1.94M)

Install Meiou and taxes, then masturbate to numbers and kill jewish minorities

Playing portugal and colonizing instead of conquering's pretty nice. But you can more fun with internal politics if you started playing CK or VIKI 2

Portugal sounds nice, they have many mission about colonizing and trade. But they are so small, wouldn't they have trouble with land war?

The most fun I ever had in EU4 was trying to revoke the privilegia with Austria as fast as possible, and I managed by like 1520.

I actually had think about which provinces to take, actually had a reason to wage war for something other than annexation/vassalization because of imperial authority loss and the shadow kingdom event, religion in the empire was actually an issue I had to deal with, etc.

If the entire game was as interesting and complex as this run instead of the giant brainless blobfest it actually is, I'd play it far more.

so play vicky2

Tugas have all of Spain as a land buffer and fucking England as to help them at sea.

Blobing is what you do in that game. Play vicky2 if you want more than a simple map painting simulator.

no. you easily get a head start in colonizing so just grab carib and brazil and use that surplus cash to wage war on african niggers

Get reasonably sized historical territory and get vassals.

Play crusader kings II instead and RP your character based on his traits and mange your dynasty.

Play nations that are fun to blob with like the Mughals or Manchu. Or basically any horde

The game is about blobbing. No way around that.
If you want to play "Tall" rather than "Wide" you can try a merchant republic, which allows you to gain power a little less through expansion and more through internal development, but that's a case of slightly less blobbing, you can't get rid of it altogether.
If you want a game somewhat like this but focused on internal development, you want Vicky 2, as several people have already said.

I try to secure as much trade nodes as possible without blobbing as hard.

>If you want a game somewhat like this but focused on internal development, you want Vicky 2
LOL

Fields of Glory Empires is finally out.
There's no reason to touch Paradox trash ever again.

At the very least Vic2 limits expansion due to infamy limits and short campaign.

Portugal is huge.
Maybe I'm biased, because I pretty much only play as tiny minors, but size is entirely relative in EU4 anyway, it ends up being the same no matter who you play. You eat the countries that are your level or weaker, and you befriend the countries that are stronger. This leads to you becoming bigger, so now you can eat bigger countries, and so on and so forth until you're the biggest country in the game (then you quit because there's nothing left to do and nothing that challenge you).
All starting big or small does is change how quickly you reach that end-state.

All the interesting mechanics in Vicky are about internal development. You can play the entire game without conquering anything if you want, and still do fairly well (compared to the AI nations).
That's not to say conquest isn't extremely useful and powerful, but the game's focus and mechanics revolve around its economic and political systems.

Set goals for playthroughs besides "git big"
Like try to hold out as a small nation like Switzerland without expanding beyond the cores Savoy holds

This

>Fields of Glory Empires
What's it got going for it?