What's your favorite area in deus ex?

what's your favorite area in deus ex?

Attached: Deus_Ex_Box.jpg (953x953, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W0G-pTCyHBs
youtube.com/watch?v=2aj4jfiqiLw
youtube.com/watch?v=3XP3zDGfOmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7qDgZtiPHNA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhILvACVXRs
youtube.com/watch?v=RgIE6Pb_MFE
youtube.com/watch?v=3tDjJkFyL_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

HQ

Attached: 1455108022240.jpg (475x423, 22K)

china

Hong Kong

The moon base

Alex's office.
I love how he's so fucking autismo that his desk is in the furthest fucking area from the room, down steps

The uninstall page

Wow you're so edgy and cool

Yeah these
Also best hub theme
youtube.com/watch?v=W0G-pTCyHBs

Hong Kong

Attached: 1561653089437.jpg (243x208, 5K)

UNATCO

oh yeah yeah

Design-wise none of the areas in OG Do Sex was particularly good, maybe except Hell's Kitchen. This game shines in other aspects

All of Hong Kong. It's the most detailed hub with the best music, filled with lots of stuff to explore and bartenders to talk to. Plus it's the best point of the story, being on the opposite side of the globe, not sure who you can trust, wanted dead by worldwide conspiracy. Best place and part of the game for sure.

Chateu Duclaire.
Especially when the warped AI starts to call you and going all creepy.

The naval base, mostly because of the music
youtube.com/watch?v=2aj4jfiqiLw

I tried to play Invisible War but holy shit it was bad...
Like REALLY BAD. After playing it i laugh at people who called Human Revoluttion "consolizated shit".
It's sad tho, i really wanted to know continuation of JC's story

>always play deus ex stealthy
>my face when this theme was hidden all along
youtube.com/watch?v=3XP3zDGfOmQ

Attached: 1486825226686.png (166x166, 14K)

I can never manage to convince myself to actually use the xboxhueg weapons like GEP and plasma, always end up sticking to rifles for the inventory space. How do I stop being a bitch and go for heavy shit?

You need to play stealthy, the GEP Gun is the best gun for a silent takedown.

Hells Kitchen, the way things get even worse thorough the revisits makes you nostalgic for the hopeless dirty ghetto it was when you first went there, when life was so much simpler. Just doing jobs for UNATCO and returning to the comfy base for a debriefing.

>have never let combat in Liberty Island go beyond 20 seconds since I just stealthed it all the time
>one day I actually decided to storm the front door guns blazing and got to hear the whole combat theme

youtube.com/watch?v=7qDgZtiPHNA

Attached: 1562122102611.png (500x480, 130K)

UNATCO base or Hell's Kitchen

Hong Kong.
The game just took a fresh breath.

Two words: New York City

Hell's Kitchen
>never heard this bgm ingame past 13 seconds
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhILvACVXRs

New York

They're meme weapons. GEP is handy sometimes but plasma isn't all that amazing. Upgraded shotty or assault rifle is the way to go.

Plasma rifle is powerful but not really useful.
The GEP gun however is the most useful weapon in the game, if you have it bots are no longer a problem nor are locked doors and containers. And just as a bonus you can fuck up cameras and some laser emitters too.

Damn I can hear the BRAAAAGH so clearly

Fascist!

I think Oceanlab is pretty cool

Liberty Island

UNATCO HQ, probably. But then, breaking out of an unknown location, only to find yourself at a familiar place is one of my favourite tropes in games.

Everything but the M12 base

wc

Paris because it nails the martial-law during night-time feel. Champs Elysses is the best sub-part of Paris.

stick with the prod

I got through most of it but I couldn't finish it, I just watched the endings on youtube

what in the fucking hell
Im playing this damn game since 2001 and I never hheard this before
what the fuck
Im really confused

Hell's Kitchen rooftops. The first time I played it, the openness of the level and the sheer number of possible approaches blew me away. It was then that the game really clicked with me, before I thought it was just ok.
Also that music.

youtube.com/watch?v=RgIE6Pb_MFE

Attached: Hell'sKitchen_warehouse2.jpg (894x650, 44K)

Oh yeah

When are we going to see induced selective amnesia so that I can play this game for the first time again?

Paris or New York, I really loved the atmosphere in both of them. Also the Naval Base is my third favorite just because of the music alone.

Attached: deusex2.jpg (900x1300, 158K)

Playing this for the first time. Really enjoyed the reboot prequels, and saw this was 97 cents during the sale. I just got to Hell's Kitchen and am about to go into the hotel. Why can't games be like this anymore? It wouldn't be that hard to just have these systems on current Deus Ex. Although so far I don't think current DX did that terrible of a job modernizing this. It could be better, but it still is fairly similar
I'd kill for this game, with all its systems in tact, with current DX's graphics.

Are Deus Ex Revision or GMDX worth playing? I read around a bit and the consensus seemed to be play the original if you haven't, so that's what I'm doing. But opinions other than that were pretty split.

The white house too

Do you have kentie's launcher? That's all you really need

GMDX is good. Also Arkane games are pretty much exactly what you're asking for.
Can't wait to find out more about Deathloop.

The soundtrack alone made me love hong Kong

>WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
>MJ12 are convening on your position!
So good

youtube.com/watch?v=3tDjJkFyL_Q I don't know, but the part that left the biggest impression on me was when you exited the MJ12 base and found yourself in UNATCO HQ... and that sinister, dooming, yet hopeful, music... so amazing

Eh, Dishonored seems like it might be ok, but the main thing I like about Deus Ex is the setting. I'm pretty into cyberpunk shit now. It started back when I first played a Source mod called Dystopia, and then when I played the DX HR I was like yep I love this shit.

Did not know about that, thanks

>but the main thing I like about Deus Ex is the setting
Well there are plenty of sci fi games so I don't see how you think there's a short supply of them and I thought you were talking about gameplay since you said this.
>It wouldn't be that hard to just have these systems on current Deus Ex

I meant the whole package. Cyberpunk setting with stealth and RPG mechanics. I don't think there's an abundance of sci-fi games in that vein.
I probably will play Dishonored eventually though

The area with the big swimming pool.

Well there's also Prey, which is an Arkane game that's not quite cyberpunk but definitely sci fi so look into that first, I think it'd be closer to what you want.

GMDX is good, nice AI improvements, most of the mechanics they added don't take away from the vanilla experience and I believe ones that you don't like can be turned off. the one mechanic that I think is garbage is the stamina system they added, it's absolutely pointless

Attached: 1562716604691.jpg (543x543, 40K)

HQ.
Paris club is a close second.

Plasma is shit tier.
GEP is useful although not necessary
Flamethrower is fun but is kind of pointless since your normal guns kill grunts easily enough (and obv as it's a minor war crime to use it has no place in non-lethal run through)

I tried an assault rifle run recently
Do not make my same mistake, it is terrible

Attached: 1541979282565.jpg (205x286, 10K)

>non-lethal run
I never got the appeal of this in the original game. Everyone's always going on about how it's possible but it's the most unfun way to play. There aren't many non lethal options to go with and it eventually turns into a chore.
I always start non lethal until JC goes rogue and up against MJ12 at which point I rip and tear. I also do this because I'm a pathetic roleplayer at heart but that's beside the point.

>tfw you figure out that you can just bypass the rooftops entirely and use the sewer to reach street level
>tfw you lockpick the back door and sabotage the generator, then leave before anyone knows what happened

I can't make any builds beyond the point where you receive the dragon dildo anyway.
I once managed to contain my autism and did a non lethal all the way, but the other 5 times I've played the game, it's basically tooth only for the second half of the game.

Use GMDX, it nerfs the dragon dildo pretty hard which will force you to contain your autism

It does? Is cyberninja still awesome if you spec into low-tech? It's one of the most fun playstyles for sure.

I like the base at Vandenberg. It's just one big playground to sneak around in and has uses for a lot of your augs.

The first 5 seconds of any combat theme trigger me because I usually restart any time a group is alarmed. I've only ever played it that way and I'm aware it's stupid, maybe I'll do a "whatever works" playthrough next. Or a total lethal run. It just feels wrong to hear that alarm go off.

The womens bathroom.

I hear it usually a couple times each run because of the MJ12 commandos in the gardens. At that point I'm usually too lazy to stealth so I just fight them.

hong kong easy. best music, best atmosphere, best level design. deus ex peaks at hong kong and gradually goes downhill with lesser hubs like new york 2, paris. and then there are no more hubs, which sucks dick.

How unprofeshonal

Attached: Shannon.png (452x742, 472K)

beats my apporach
>snipe all the dogs and thugs near the entrance of the generator
>parkour to the bottom floor
>run towards the room with a generator
>throw a lam
>run out of there

Attached: 15193427_1344559145576436_1936734987175830814_n.jpg (720x633, 38K)