So why the fuck has nobody been able to outdo this shit yet...

So why the fuck has nobody been able to outdo this shit yet? Why hasn't Blizzard just remastered it and released a new expansion? It would sell like fucking mad if they did.

Attached: diablo-2-lord-of-destruction-01.big.jpg (980x735, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iB9BT3Wx0Lw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Uelmen's music made it bearable.

Its been outdone for years now.

It is called Path of Exile.

You’re a funny guy

>Path of Exile
>good
"No"

>Why hasn't Blizzard just remastered it and released a new expansion?
Literally the dream of everyone and would make ridiculous money.

PoE shits all over D2.
And D1 was better than D2.

All of the people who made it dont work at Blizz anymore. Gacha games and toxic fanbases have ruined gaming. Why bother making something as great as this when people will bitch and moan over a character being black instead of white

but do you really think a d2 remaster wouldnt make blizzard a lot of money

>Path of Exile
>Good

Choose one Faggot

Torchlight 2

this guy gets it

Sorry that your brainlet minds can't grasp PoE.

Maybe Nu-Blizzard is truly the company for you.

Nah PoE only shits all over itself

Objectively it has. PoE and Titan Quest are far better.

The only reason you're still clinging to D2 is nostalgia. Not that there's anything wrong with that, though.

The only Hack n Slash games that have evolved in any notable way since Diablo 1 are Soldak games. Shame no one plays them.
Other than with that one company, the last 20 years have been completely wasted in that entire genre.

>literally worse than D2 in every single way despite being a "love letter" to the game

PoE is incomprehensibly bad, they missed the mark in every conceivable way.

>Diablo 2 was go-

Attached: Great_marsh.jpg (800x600, 59K)

It's just nostalgia and gambling addiction.
Seriously all it is is "ooh this time I might get that shako I need to complete my build and um farm more?"

It's a terrible fucking game. There's a reason bots are there to handle the "grind" or why grushing is a thing or why even before grushing it was: farm Tristram from 1-15, first level 15 searches for the waypoint to Catacombs waypoint, hits the waypoint, rest of party help search for level 3, open portal, search for level 4, rush Andy.
Skip straight to Canyon, party grinds their, repeat until level 23, rush Duriel, new game everyone fucks off to beg some high level in chat to join to open a portal to Meph, rush Meph, rush for Sanctuary waypoint, grind Sanctuary to get to 24 in a team, rush to Baal, grind Baal over and over until 40, start Nightmare, get a portal to Andy, then to Duriel then to Meph and then to Diablo and to Baal and grind to 60, grind Andy and a few other bosses for gear, repeat

I mean when 99% of the "advice" is "just skip the game" then... yeah your game sucks and it's just the fapping at potential drops that you play for

Also this, this captures the "me horny for me loot now" gameplay. Torchlight 2 already outdid it in terms of actual story adn gameplay, though

PoE is so piss easy, I could not keep myself playing it. I gave it nearly 15 hours.

>Post by a person who has never played PoE.

>Titan Quest

Holy shit no. I DARE you to name a more boring game

Attached: 1553748430595.gif (230x306, 1.92M)

>they missed the mark in every conceivable way
By having actually fun gameplay instead of being a town portal simulator, endgame, not broken economy and good build variety? Yeah, PoE sure got D2 wrong. And thanks god for that.

diablo 2 was only good for its time. the game has not aged well and games like path of exile have taken this formula about as far as it can go.

no one can go back in time and "outdo" the amount of nostalgia this game has for a lot of us, though, which is why you feel like it has never been outdone and never will be

>bore of exile
Not even as good as grim dawn

>15 hours
>not even enough to finish story on first run
>didn't even get to endgame
>i-it's too easy bros xD
Retard.

Hilarious

D1 was better in every way.

Attached: diablo 1 is superior to diablo 2 if you disagree you are wrong.png (991x1283, 1.1M)

You've wasted your time on a soulless grindfest you absolute moron.

>remastered
As in replace the gritty artstyle they have with D3's cartoon WoW asset recycling fucking abortion? NO

They are remastering it. It's next on the todo list after Warcraft III. How do people not know this? They announced it fucking years ago that they were doing StarCraft, WarCraft III, and Diablo II. Then the first StarCraft Remastered trailer drops and everyone loses their fucking minds and acting like retards like OP.

While correct, that sideways pic makes me a little upset.

>grindfest
So just like Diablo 2? I sure as fuck hope you don't play these games for "story", because not a single fan of Diablo does.

I like PoE but it jumped the shark a long time ago

>Implying ARPG aren't the ultimate grindfest in general-you literally play the game to grind for better gear.

Oh boy Diablo 2 is sooo much better-you don't have to grind!...wait a second all Diablo 2 end game is nothing but Baal and Mephisto magic find runs til your eyes bleed.

That is some truly great end game content I tell you.

Sully

>Why bother making something as great as this when people will bitch and moan over a character being black instead of white
What like the D2 paladin?

God tier
>Nox
>Diablo 1

High tier
>Diablo 2
>Path of Exile

Mid tier
>Titan Quest
>Torchlight 2
>Sacred
>Blade and Sword

Low tier
>Throne of Darkness
>Prince of Qin

Shit tier
>Lionheart
>Torchlight 1
>Seal of Evil

Now, now. Let's not forget the Pindle runs or the Andy runs.

because Diablo 3 surpassed it in class design and gameplay.

>muh runewords

1.09 and before Diablo 2 may have an argument, but hyper specialization with stacking PASSIVE damage bonuses is not a good gameplay choice for an Action RPG

bots ruined it desu. D2 without bots is absolute god tier. In game trading remains huge and end game items retain their value all through the ladder.

Don't forget:

Irredeemably unplayable trash tier
>Diablo 3

>Actually criticizing runewords
FUCK you. They were the best part of the game.

>because Diablo 3 surpassed it in class design and gameplay.
D3 is just some shitty console port to PC and it was awful

>nobody ever looks beside the mainstream ARPGs like pagan online
Fucking hell

Diablo 3 is literally one of the worst modern games of all time. It surpassed fucking nothing. It's entire UI was just a dumbed down version of WoWs. A fucking generic action bar with only 6 buttons? No fuck that. D2 may not have had the most engaging controls either but at least it was better than that.

>TFW miss my Dragon Kick Venom WW Sin
God that shit was so much fun, I want it back. I hope the eventual remaster does LoD too.

The biggest problem with ARPGs is that two different groups want two different distinct experiences out of them. Diablo 2 represents that schism perfectly. POE represents what happens when one side is taken to an extreme. Diablo 3 represents poo poo

Attached: Amazon-Diablo-h1.jpg (725x480, 77K)

> doesn't say what the sides are
Grinders and traders?
Stop speaking so vague, holy shit.

yes. I enjoy my Action RPG having the majority of its gameplay fishing for a 1 in 30k+ drop.and god help you get the wrong rune to drop. I botted and MFed in D2 for ~6 years and saw exactly 2 high runes drop. And I only got one of them as it was during a baal run

>well then you could just trade for it
Yes, you could. But I don't feel that economy is a draw of the gameplay, unless you're in an MMO or a Sim genre. And god help you if you got a dupe.

6 hot bar buttons is better than a left click and a right click, with an optional scroll wheel to rotate abilities on the right click. Most classes used their primary damage dealing ability on left, and the right had their utility.

Ask yourself, are there really that many builds in D2 that used more than 6 buttons? Is spamming 1 really that much different than spamming left click?

Not even summoner necros used more than Raise Skeleton, curse of choice, Corpse Explosion, Golem (once a game) and a dps spell to get your first corpse in the game, until you have access to Pindle's room. Maybe skeleton mage to help stop health regen on ubers, but why the hell are you farming ubers on a necro?

>simple but captivating story
>satisfying combat
>GOAT music
>most balanced droprates in the genre allowing both casual and turboautismo play

I traded for every HR I ever had.
>And God help you if you got a dupe
Dude just don't trade for one unless you plan to use it immediately. Dupes worked fine for making runewords.

>good build variety
>60% of the playerbase is playing a cyclone build RIGHT NOW

even grim dawn was better than that shit

beyond retarded and absolute zero/10 bait

Yeah, and I didn't know that. RIP Ohm Rune. Knew it was too good to be true

>anyone who disagrees with me must be trolling

Had some nice sp hack'n'slash fun with "Incredible Adventures of Hellsing". If you can get it cheap try it out.

>Diablo 3 surpassed it in class design and gameplay.
>stack attackspeed, critchance and crit dmg the game
no fuck d3, it got slightly better but d3 on release was absolute aids

>Diablo 1 with the Beelzebub HD mod has aged way better than Diablo 2 in almost all aspects.

How the fuck bros?

Attached: i6pS1okxNNR5g.png (1680x1050, 2.12M)

>playing barb
>giving a fuck about Act 3

It’s like you didn’t even unlock leap attack.

>Yea Forums suddenly hates Path of Exile
What happened?

You are correct, D3 was awful in its original state. And Diablo 2 had its share of flaws as well. Are we comparing the peak of each game, or their current state, or their release states?

Do The same lame ass buildover and over again / or steal one of The top 50 builds on the ladder

I unironically think Titan Quest is better in every aspect, at least the og and IT. Didn't play the latest two, although i doubt they are more than pure shit.

Not him but
1) the autismo gear hounds (both grinders and traders)
2) the atmosphere and experience semi-casuals.
D2 is unsurpassed in the second department, there is literally no arpg that gives even close to the same feeling as the first 30 levels of d2.
Dark Souls could scratch a bit of that itch, but required paying attention to the actual gameplay and you couldn't just grind away under a warm oppressive blanket of hopelessness.

People change. In fact, you should be playing FFXIV instead of WoW right now.

>tranny fantasy 40%

even peak d3 is nowhere near d2's peak. grinding endlessly to get primal ancient super special rainbow *insert* piece for just additional stats was awful as was the whole combat system/build system. the only thing it did fairly well was the QOL changes from d2

I met way more trannies on WoW than I have so far in XIV.

Torchlight 1 is much better than Torchlight 2

What got me was one of the things they touted all the day into Death was that D3 was suppose to be more "friendly" to various builds when it became extremely obvious that:

1. Sets are by far the best gear and limited you to certain builds.
2. There's only one way to play the game: Extreme dps. I guess you could "tank" as zero dps if you wanted to, but there was no support or other weird whacky builds that were doable from D2.

I had a long post to reply to you, but Chrome just crashed for no reason so I lost it.

here's the tl;dr:

3 has a better MF system as it provides at least the illusion of variety with the Bounties. You can also start MFing at level 1 for crafting materials, and because of Kanai's Cube you can actually find something worthwhile and suck the power of it it and use it at cap

Diablo 2 I'll grant overall setting and aesthetics. My favorite Diablo 2 char I ever had was a PnB Necro that had a custom White runeword wand that gave him +to Revive and Summon Mastery, which made him an effective summonermancer with full points in poison and bone. Still not as fun as Tal Rasha Wizard in Diablo 3 and syncing with convention of elements

>there was no support or other weird whacky builds that were doable from D2.
I WANT MY FUCKING WHIRLWIND ASSASSIN BACK

>Sets are by far the best gear and limited you to certain builds.
it became a 3-5 piece+rorg set fuckfest and I don't know why but running rifts/grifts and bounties was a hell of a lot more mind numbing for some reason even though we did pretty much the same thing in d2. they even killed some cool builds like critmass sorc for god knows what reason

Not the user you replied to but I've started Diablo 3 and form what I can tell, outside of gambling for specific items, aren't all legendaries and uniques just RNG? Like sheer RNG so I can get a levle 10 unique at max level? Diablo 2 had loot pools IIRC or certain enemies like Andy in nightmare gave better drop rates for SoJs

good joke m8

grim dawn

>3 has a better MF system as it provides at least the illusion of variety with the Bounties.
there's really no variety as the cubes have pretty much preset drops and arguably the only actually decent one when I was still playing was RORG and maybe that helm for strafe DH. I fucking hated hunting crafting mats. it would have been fine if you just needed a set to make the shit you want but they just had to have RNG on fucking everything

>because of Kanai's Cube you can actually find something worthwhile and suck the power of it it and use it at cap
there's only a handful of items that are actually worth cubing though, the rest are memes

The best part of the game was that there was a seamless transition between cooperation and competition with each and every task that you needed to accomplish.

I had started playing it around the time WoW was released so Blizz had essentially quit giving a shit about Diablo. It was pure anarchy with all the dupes, scammers, hackers, grushing, and lack of moderation. That shit was so fun- it really did feel like it was the end of the world.

Not having to trade with people to get gear is so fucking stupid. It devalues everything you find/make in the game.

>aren't all legendaries and uniques just RNG?
99% of everything item related in that game is RNG it's arguably better now since they introduced smartloot. at least you don't roll items with retarded stats like a barb specific set/weapon with INT or DEX as main stat for it like it was when D3 started

but picking up a Royal Ring of Granduer or something can make life just a bit easier. On the various seasons I always managed to pick up a piece of two of various builds on the level up, the Archon stack hat, the meteor boots, etc.

I've never understood this. Yes it can make things faster to be able to trade, but is standing in Free Parking games and spamming 'wug' at people really that fun?

>but is standing in Free Parking games and spamming 'wug' at people really that fun?
Not inherently no, but that sense of completion when you got something you wanted made it worth the window shopping. Plus it was wholly optional.

It's not about speeding things up, it's about giving the loot meaningful value. Having to struggle to acquire what you are looking for and having to wheel and deal with total assholes was part of the joy of D2. Once you actually managed to get something, it felt like you really fucking earned it.

D3 just has everything drop like hotcakes so the game becomes a total slog after about a week or so.

>but picking up a Royal Ring of Granduer or something can make life just a bit easier
getting RORG back then wasn't something to make your life easier, it was pretty mandatory to 99% of all viable endgame builds and sets

>On the various seasons I always managed to pick up a piece of two of various builds on the level up, the Archon stack hat, the meteor boots, etc.
the problem with d3 is blizz can suddenly decide to nerf your chosen build for being too "op" or some other retarded reason and since the RNG was so fucking awful hunting gear that can have several rarities(ancient,primal ancient etc) with wildly varying stats is just chinese gold farmer levels of soul crushing

POE is great and all but the graphics, artstyle and sounds will never compare to glorious D2.
The game has also suffered from a lot of power creep and is now ridiculously fast.

GRim yawn.

>Why hasn't Blizzard just remastered it and released a new expansion?
Because if they did they would be admitting that Diablo III was a failure in their eyes.

so Warcraft 1 and 2 were failures in Blizz's eyes?

They don't care about legacy of anything. They need something to keep the investors happy

>Yea Forums suddenly hates Grim Dawn
What happened?

OK retard

the only time it was good was when only rumors and small bits of footage of it existed

>Nox
literally the most enjoyable game i ever played
i replay it every fucking year i love it

Attached: nox.jpg (1024x768, 95K)

amazing currency system and skill linking, mediocre classes and passive tree

Finished the story first run in 12, seems like you are the brainlet.

kill yourself fucking retard

Am I retarded for not being able to beat diablo at the end of D2? My buddy and i quit because we died too much fighting him and lost all our gold.

>amazing currency system

kind of. potions make you effectively immortal, presuming you don't get killed in one hit.

did you both play summoner necro? because thats the only way I can think of

-dlike
And it still is.

you heard me

Attached: 1537690935803.png (622x533, 368K)

Killing Diablo with 2 summoner necros is easy but tedious desu

Path Of Exile has outdone it.
>Enjoy your grindfest
The fuck was Diablo 2? Not grinding through the same areas to get through difficulties then acquire sets? Am I missing something with build diversity that gives it an edge over Poe? I don't recall barbarian having much going on beyond whirlwind or throwing axes, can the same be said about PoE's implied Barbarian equivalent the marauder? I enjoyed Diablo 2, loved Median XL and Ultimative, but PoE is what stopped me from coming back because I'd rather play around with a build in it instead.

>played d2 hundreds of hours
>only beat hell once
>only ever played singleplayer or tcp/ip lan
>never touched ladder or farmed for anything

Attached: 1506528691941.jpg (500x374, 32K)

nice one

>looks at poe.ninja
>60% of the playerbase
maybe you shouldnt try to copy builds from high level players and come up with your own builds, loser

This was years ago so my memory is fuzzy. I was a barb and he was the archer. I think we were getting one or two hit so potions weren't much help

Normal diablo is probably the hardest boss in the game. Fire nova fucks up minions. Sometimes he does the bone prison, which can make you vulnerable to the lightning hose when TPing back. Unlike in NM and Hell, the lightning hose hits you even if you stand right next to him, and MDR was nerfed. Basically the way to kill him if you have a weak character is to run around him, and strike when he does a mostly harmless spell, like the firestorm. You absolutely have to be able to run away any time he can do the lightning hose. If he does that when you're in the middle of some slow-ass attacking animation, you're dead.

most new players wouldn't think of using Decrepify + Clay Golem

im really surprised by how many people in this place seem to hate path of exile. i thought Yea Forums actual video games?

Victor Vran

i thought Yea Forums liked*

>currency bloat
>balancing around alt-f4ing
yeah no

>new players
>frame delay
abloobloo

>being poor and bad

>lightning hose
Lightning Inferno was an amazing turbo casual filter

There should be Putin in the middle.

SPBP

Path of exile plays like a bad love letter to diablo 2. The classes are very boring and uninspired too and the gearing is LEAGUES worse

poe dev has literally stated that they balance bosses around alt-f4ing dumbshit

i think thats your nostalgia speaking

It's really not even that good. It's mostly propped up by nostalgia. Kids and teens who played D3 after RoS treat D3 the same way despite all of it's obvious flaws. 2 is definitely still better, but not by all that much.

>newish player
>wants to do well
>looks up popular build
>shilled into paying for copy paste required items everyone wants
>not making a new build yourself
>not keeping it private
>not avoiding dealing with obscene markup from all the other retards going for same shit
>not profiteering off of the temporary supply/demand disparity
>not investing in mechanically interesting uniques early before someone figures out the new memebuild that jacks the price up
Keep grinding until you can buy shit from me lol. My builds seldom take more than one cheap endgame unique to go after some stupid synergy that sounds fun. I consider playing any other way than making your own build once you have an idea of what you want your build to do to be cheating yourself of the main reason to play.

>Putin
>not Netanyahu
You had one job you low info CNN watching dumbshit

kys commie

thats not what they said, and also the game has added so many ways of defending yourself now that if you need to altf4 you might as well not play hardcore

its trash and only PC boomers glorify it because PC didnt have good games back then.

gtfo your high diablo dick, its a shit gamo.

It's so easy to trigger /pol/tards

hah jokes on you I'm from reddit

Clearly you don't know how to read and I haven't seen anything that disregards this design choice but I shouldn't be surprised because you don't know the difference between a bloat complaint and being poor

Attached: dfgdf.png (668x372, 29K)

>post on v to bait pol
Wherever you came from leave and nev3r come back until your numbers going up outside of vidya or money no longer matters to you, doublenigger.

>2013
>completely ignores what i said about the game having since added tons of ways of defending yourself
neck yourself

Bitch is DABBING on conservatives xD

just downloaded beezlebub but it only opens in windowed mode, how do i get fullscreen?

In D2 I can make a fucking werebear sorceress, a whirlwinding assassin, a teleporting barbarian, or summon a legion of undead cowmen with a necromancer. Name ANYTHING you can do in PoE that is that fun.

poe has dogshit pvp compared to d2 which was the only reason i played this game for so long

based retard

GRIND4LYFE

>teleporting barbarian
flicker strike berserker
>werebear sorceress
all witch classes can play any number of melee skills with claws, like wild strike
>whirlwinding assassin
you can play cyclone with any melee class, including the assassin class
>cowmen necromancer
you can play necromancer in poe to summon any monsters you want

I like the gritty atmosphere and slower gameplay of D2. Torchlight was okay but too cartoony and loot literally explodes out of enemy. I saw some PoE end game and it looked like such a clustefurk I never bothered playing it.

>boss designed around people alt+f4ing
>give players defensive measures
>can now make boss do more damage to bring it back around original "balance"
eat shit faggot it's how they've always done things

Why is every game Blizzard now releases in the same, cartoonish stylised artstyle? Even the Diablo 3 is like that.

I can make a Witch built around converting INT to STR to allow me to have more zombies, better zombies, use heavy armor and summon over 100 minions at once within a few seconds.

Or I could make the same thing with all INT and ES that plays drastically different from being an all speed glassy racecar with a swarm of shit behind me raping and murdering everything as they try to keep up with me Captain America'ing around with my shield.

Devs need to stop copypasting Diablo 2 and actually create a game with good core gameplay. Games like PoE are obsessed over muh builds that you autistically plan out online ahead of time. The moment to moment gameplay is typically super boring.

or you could make POE not an autistic chore to play

Attached: minifig-accessory-head-male-face.jpg (398x358, 26K)

>Yea Forums suddenly hates D2
Contrarianism, as always.

The worst part of PoE is unironically the main story/game. Maps are hidden past the campaign and yet are where the game will begin to truly test your build until you hit a wall more often than not caused by your build not being rounded enough to go forward or your reflexes sucking. If I could change one thing about the game you would be able to make a character at the mapping phase/level. Gearing them is your responsibility and still requires income from another character in the same Season.

Go play Diablo 2 then. PoE is for people who want more build diversity and potential for synergies. I'm sure Diablo the franchise is full of promise in the future and will receive updates you appreciate while PoE won't. Enjoy D4.

>Path of Exile
>build diversity

as different as vanilla d3 was from d2 I miss it compared to the shitfest of loot 2.0 and all the other modern updates

Parappa the Rapper.

>googling your build
lol. I obtained items worth exalts now for chaos orbs while they were considered gimmicky garbage. Cry more from being a noob that learns you are ruining your own fun and making a massive grind on top of the usual grind all of your own initiative by looking your build up.

Poe is janky crap designed for people who like grinding the same garbage and value the pop over pve

>Immortal King's Set

Not as cool.
>I CAN DO NUMBERS THINGS
ZZZzzz...

>doing pvp in a arpg

topkek,just play a MOBA you retard.

I just reinstalled POE, spoonfeed me a build

Attached: Unwavering_Stance_passive_icon.png (128x128, 23K)

All the talent left Blizzard. Nu-Blizzard doesn't understand what made Diablo 2 so good, so they fixed things that were never an issue and made everything else worse in Diablo 3.

Diablo 3 was pure trash and being better than it isnt an accomplishment. Having to use diablo 3 as a benchmark is a bad sign.

Minion Master + skeleton totem

Do you play games carried by making builds and theorycrafting to not make a build or deal with numbers? Diablo 3 is whatbyou get when it is all done for you and Diablo 2 limits your options relative to PoE. While I have more time on D2 than PoE, one is clearly more brainlet friendly from requiring less 'doing numbers' to make something that does well.

>All the talent left Blizzard
>And made Hellgate London

Attached: 1304800820701.png (247x231, 96K)

I can't tell if you're baiting or just a retard who played D3 and did not play enough D2 to even have a relevant opinion.

Randomly generated levels stopped being a synonym of endless replayability.
The time has exposed diablo and its clones for the shallow games they've always been.

Dang is Throne of Darkness that bad. I was planning on buying it.

I want flashy fun and engaging play man, not numbers autism. D2: LoD did this better than PoE.

Is Sacred 1 good? I have it on GoG but it's resting on my backlog.

>how dare everyone not be an autistic cuck like me
>how dare they want to have actual fun instead of counting
>gameplay? PFFFT

you sound like a massive faggot with no friends

You must of loved Diablo 3. Flashy, fun, and you dont have to deal with manually balancing nearly as many numbers as games like Titan Quest, Torchlight, Grim Dawn, Path or Diablo 2. Don't like theorycrafting what gear you need to make a fun effective gimmick? Good thing Blizzard has got your back and will give you an easy to obtain meta set alongside everyone else that does just that every season with maximum mininal effort from your end.

D2 still has active players, and they update the game occasionally (and have even added new items) with ladder resets. Median XL has really taken over as it adds about an expansion's worth of new stuff to do/bosses/enemies/whatever.
I think we're more likely to see it happen now after wc3 gets its remaster pushed out. "But wc1/2, and diablo 1!" both got released with blizzard's blessing on gog, meaning I don't think they intend to remaster them any time soon if at all. But d2 was absent.

So, after wc3 remastered comes out, keep your eyes peeled cause d2 is almost c onfirmed to be next just by being the only older title (excluding blackthorne, lost vikings, rock n roll racing etc) to not have a re-release.

But yeah if you want more d2, try median xl. It's pretty okay for a couple playthroughs before you start noticing horrific bugs and exploits. They do still actively patch it, too.

I like engineering games and simulation games mostly. I enjoy math, numbers, and the reward of solving a puzzle/nakibg an effective build. You sound like a filthy casual and a blight upon RPG games having viable build diversity.

Attached: 1511811211124.gif (322x178, 2.56M)

It's fine. Worth a try.

XL is outdated user, try Ultimative or Sigma if that's out yet.

Then play PoE when you want the same paced endgame with less grinding and time spent total albeit more jewing to obtain.

>rng skill drops
yeah, no

Nah median xl is still the definitive.
>path of microtransactions
yikes

I feel like I'm one of the only people who loves both D2 and PoE almost equally. I play both regularly along with D2 mods (Median XL).

Median Sigma is out. Goodbye next 4 months.

Its really good, lots of refinement in the Sigma patc

Never finished it. Every time I play I get to Act 3 and just don't care anymore. Been like this for 20 years.

>path of fashion
whats wrong with that?

sacred 2

>stash tabs
yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes my dude.

You can buy them at a vendor

For you

leagues, online only and trading simulator makes path of exile dogshit.

is spectral sword viable this league

>Torchlight 2 already outdid it in terms of actual story adn gameplay
jesus christ. torchlight 2 has about as much depth as clicker heroes 2

spectral throw, yes. very few people are playing it which should make items specific to it less expensive. but youll need to be able to make your own build because very few people are playing it

thats what bothers you the most? stash tabs?
in d2 you could make chars to mule whatever items you need and you can do that as well in poe
if you enjoy the game, throwing 10 bucks on some stash tabs (and they have sales on them at least once a month) isn't the end of the world and probably the least offensive microtransaction on the f2p market
if you just dont like the game, then whatever. your opinion and whatnot

Loved this shit. Perfect way to modernize an older game IMO.

>Diablo II thread? Time to reinstall.
>Overwrite? Wha- Oh, I never uninstalled it in the first place.

Attached: gigachad cd.png (392x489, 346K)

they probably havent remastered it because making the game 16:9 with higher resolutions would completely fuck up the balance of enemy along with some other issues that I dont remember. its probably not as easy as you might think.they would have to completely remake how enemies function in the game.

Diablo 2 is so insanely overrated that it's not even funny.

Based user who also listened to Brevik.

Is Median XL with playing? This whole cube mechanic confuses me. Looks really esoteric.

My girlfriends uncle was the senior producer of Diablo 3 Steve Parker and that's all I know about any of the games

Path of Exile is great if you want to make dirty chinks wealthy

Attached: 1558493675537.jpg (860x1075, 122K)

I'm more into latinas and asians, but god fucking damn I want to sniff that white ass.

Why do you even care who your money goes to? If it's not the Chinese, it's the Jews.

I was about to post the same.
I played it for the first time 10 years ago, well after its prime, and loved it. Didn't even play online, and I still haven't to this day, and I rarely do Nightmare or Hell. I just love playing through the game, as well as the variety of possible builds.

Attached: poe_gd.png (1146x337, 21K)

>suddenly
You know there are Yea Forums archives reaching as far as the game's release, you newfag retard?

it's rather unique in that you control a whole team of dudes instead of just 1 character, but every character shares the same magic tree with some minor differences.
there's no skills like in diablo, so it's either generic magic or mouse 1 to smash with basic attacks

Both D3 and PoE are really very similar in terms of who they cater to user.

Shill.

>Why yes, I am going east. How did you know?

Attached: gigachad going east.jpg (1544x882, 211K)

Don't forget to buy two versions of supporter pack

Argueably has in some ways.
There's a lot of hack'n'slash games now, and I think making builds was more fun and interesting in path of exile than in diablo 2.
Haven't played PoE in ages though and not sure if I will return for various reasons.
Still play diablo 2 at least once a year just to kill duriel.

Other hack'n'slash games have focused on making the basic combat a bit more enjoyable from what I've seen.

insanely based

Because the genre is fundamentally ruined by its own communities demands.
D2, like many of blizzards games, was successful because it catered/introduced many people to a specific genre at, usually, a very easy to captivate age range.

The fundamental flaw of this is that there are two people who played and remember D2: those who look back fondly and never really came back and those who constantly kept returning.
The former just want a good couple playthroughs of the game on maybe, at best, a few characters. Although, many, will only play one character predominantly through most of the games content.
The latter is the turbo autist grinder. Look at how D3 shaped up to be with all its updates/expansions. Constant grinding, ever expanding numbers that give the illusion of progress and nay unobtainable dreams.

In a similar sense you can see this in why the "loot shoot" genre is shit tier as well.

don't you have a phone?

Sacred 2 was unironically more exciting than TQ.
At least there was the curiosity what the higher skills look like and how they synergize with the earlier ones, and a big world to explore. Titan Quest has NOTHING to look forward to from level 1.

>Calling based Davinci Game shit tier
there's no hope for you

i enjoyed it

NOX >>>> Diablo 1 and 2

HAIL Westwood

Attached: Best ARPG ever made.jpg (1024x745, 191K)

KEK he fell for the Pay for Stash meme

The defense thing is most annoying thing about this game, besides 'looking for baal?'

BASED

Attached: bone.jpg (833x925, 157K)

>the only character and protag voiced by this guy
>youtube.com/watch?v=iB9BT3Wx0Lw

This is BASED

Ironman D1 is surprisingly fun. >Town portal simulator
Can you please elaborate a better argument than just putting "thing you do" simulator you nigger

>Nox
My fucking nigger.

Just bought it after I saw these.

I am playing the conjurer and am having a slammin time, thanks bros!

you should try a new class after you finish, the gameplay's completely different and the story progression varies quite a bit

>make chars to mule whatever items
wew poe is still shit then
cant even trade without owning a premium stash tab that you have to buy
enjoy your chinese farming game

it's fun untill you start doing the endgame areas with shitty gimmicks and oneshots

>boss deals so much damage he oneshots you no matter what
>the only way to damage it is a slow travel time projectile ability from a ring
>yeah your build doesnt even matter you might aswell be a naked level 1

This guy knows what's up

Good question, but Diablo 2 wouldnt suffer from those issues, they had a pretty diverse cast of characters because you traveled the world wide and the absolute strongest class was a black man

where can one buy/download Nox?

So where's the fun in this genre? I played Diablo 2 for a while as a necromancer, basically just watched skellies kill things while i spammed the corpse explosion spell. Did I pick the wrong class and other ones don't entail just spamming one or two skills over and over again?

Play Diablo 1 if you want to actually have fun.

>Yea Forums is one person.
Path of Exile is the greatest game the genre has ever birthed and will ever birth for probably the next decade. There's no question about it. There are only two people who say poe sucks, the absolute brainlets and the edgy contrarians.

That's coming from someone who played D1 and D2 on launch and still do every now and then.

Attached: stop.gif (305x380, 2.08M)

The art style is impossible to replicate and the original artists have said they would never do something this complicated again.

Similar issue with Gameplay. It was made by wizards and those wizards fucked off.

It's much more fun with 8-man multiplayer where you have 12,000 minions running around, everyone's got 6 auras active and the party's five mages are spamming screenfilling spell effects.

Werewolf drood. Ice Sorcy, Hammerdin.

Necros are good cheese classes, but they aren't particularly "fun" unless you do like says.

If you want to have fun as a necro, stick to heavy metal lyrics, a fat golem and boning things yourself

necro gets fun as fug with enigme to wrangle the shitty summon AI and screenwide corpse explosion range

>Gets fun at endgame
Look, I love D2 and the Necro, but thats not a good thing to sell the game to someone with.

>they haven't finished the game on hell in singleplayer

Attached: 1562598528349.webm (1280x720, 1.59M)

Elder God tier
>Dungeon Siege

Attached: 1555046032736.jpg (1080x1266, 85K)

Where's grim dawn user?

in trash

Imagine having test this low

>Posting Nox
>Posting Nox in God Tier

There is hope for this board.

Fucking kek, based

The game was ruined for me when I found out only certain enemies give you XP. I ended up just avoiding the useless ones entirely

This. Except fuck having to click so much

Because if it sells well that would be them indirectly admitting that Diablo 2 was the better game and that they fucked up on Diablo 3.

Diablo 2 still has POE beat in terms of atmosphere, sound, and music, which are actually very important elements. Other than that I would give POE the crown. I still pray for a D2 remaster though where they add proper end game content akin to Path of Diablo (which is a fantastic amalgamation of diablo 2 and POE)

not gonna read the thread but by now the resident autists surely have spammed the thread to shit so I'm just going to say that both grim dawn and path to exile suck ass compared to diablo 2

Cause it's the pinnacle of action/RPG perfection. Everything else will just be a clone like the Symphony of the Night with the metroidvenias.

Did Torchlight 2 ever get a decent mod pack? It seems like Runic tossed it out to die and Shields are still fucking bugged

Just tried this, was neat but they cost gold for indentifying items. That's some bullshit.

You aren't supposed to ID items unless you think you need them, There is no stash, trash stays in the trash.

IDK, man, the "always online" part shits in it for me, they should really release an offline part and make the leagues DLC after they ended. The game IS good, but their servers are ass and make it unplayable sometimes.

This guy is correct. The seething blizz drones probably haven't touched it in 4 years and have no clue how much it improved and how much content it has

It's very popular yeah but that doesn't mean there aren't dozens of fun and viable builds and many of them stronger

>want to play an amazon with swords but it sucks
>cant get into the barbarians appearance
>can’t really enjoy the idea of single skill spam
>not a fan of being crazy OP and retarded fast
>most fun I usually have is just exploring the start struggling with the basic attack because the animations are nice
I made it to the final area when I was younger and again a few years ago but is this game just not for me? I want to like it so bad, all other ARPGs like it have bored me.

Can we all agree that the Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath games were great?

Uninstall.exe