Yea Forums or /vg/ ?

Yea Forums or /vg/ ?

Attached: C75776B2-B3A0-47C2-A997-8811D208DCBF.png (1920x1080, 1.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L-UBfkUVGk4
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/244308316/#244324094
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/219917821/#219982320
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198078403263/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Love Live is the series where women on an animr dating website were requesting a way to block fans of it right? Anyone know the image I'm talking about?

/vg/ is full of mentally ill avatarfags, discordtrannies and drama. It's absolute garbage.

Yea Forums, but only at strange hours

/vg/
It's somehow less cancerous than Yea Forums

depends on the general. Most rely on Discord and are barely Yea Forums at that point.

neither honestly. Yea Forums is a fucking mess, but /vg/ is just a bunch of boring anime game generals.

Do you think hot dog guy has a massive schlong?
God i wanna see him tear zack in half

/vg/ doesn't have generals for any games I care about
Yea Forums has a decent thread once in a blue moon

It depends on where you go because the issue is either between far gone Anons using their general as an outdated chat room, or generals that try to talk about the game but their numbers are so low they can’t support their own thread anymore. It’s a sad day when a game on Yea Forums is banished to /vg/ because there are many things that can go wrong and kill discussion / creativity

/vr/

/vr/

both are gay and sucks

/vg/ is nothing but attention whores/screenshot wanking/waifu wars.

hiro should just delete /vr/, /vg/, and /vp/ to reunite Yea Forums once and for all.

/vg/ has a very specific selection of good threads, the rest is absolute garbage. Yea Forums requires a discerning eye to bring out the 3 or 4 good threads in it at any given time.
All in all /vg/ is easier to get into because the contents don't really change, but at the same time doesn't have a very wide range. Yea Forums meanwhile is extremely fluctuating and harder to pinpoint the good stuff between the shit due to its volatile nature.
I haven't gone to /vg/'s catalog in a long time because I already have all the necessary generals open and know the rest is garbage.

/vr/

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (1000x707, 186K)

/vg/ has some really focused discussivon, but good lord some of the threads are autistic af., just look at /ksg/, /ddlg/, or /feg/

Attached: wtf.jpg (600x516, 65K)

That would make Yea Forums even worse and chaotic

>tfw witnessed a community fall apart and go from thriving to a dying furry circlejerk in /vg/
as much as i don't like neo-v, i wouldn't send even my worst enemies to rot in /vg/ hell

Attached: 1551457364237.png (303x344, 84K)

both for different purposes

/vp/

neo-Yea Forums*

>go to /vg/ once during the Halo Online /hog/ /hg/ shitflinging
>filled with avatarfags, general namefagging, and even less video games than Yea Forums

why

Yeah, I also miss having to filter Starcraft and LoL generals only to be left with about 4 threads talking shit about Wii or PS3.

Attached: 1556657427279.webm (268x480, 2.88M)

/vg/

and in spite of that it's still superior to Yea Forums because you can find actual genuine posts. Irony turned Yea Forums into a giant wasteland

The quality there has fucking tanked lately.

What happened to /padg/

>Implying /sthg/ is any good

Attached: 1d8d9aee8d53c010c36047dd68608dee7e2969ca.png (560x560, 199K)

None of them are good, you idiot.
That's the point.

Yea Forums, despite what people think, does have decent vidya threads and every now and again a decent meme or two before its run into the ground.
You do have to wade through some shit but it is infinitely better the /vg/. I'll take a swamp over a septic tank any day.
People who disagree have either not have their game banished their to die in an unending circle jerk pit or waifu obsessed grave or are part of the problem.

Attached: 1560942601116.gif (444x360, 1.28M)

>kawata shoujo general #8937: i love fucking crippled people edition!

no thanks I'll stick with Yea Forums unless I'm going to emugen or something for specific discussion

/vg/ actually discusses video games, even if 90% of it is phone shit. Yea Forums used to be diet Yea Forums but now it's just fucking awful, every other thread is some /pol/ or Twitter screenshot bullshit with an OP that tries to pretend the thread exists to talk about video games but really exists to discuss whatever off-topic bullshit the picture is about.

They're the same thing but Yea Forums has less concentrated autism. That's not to say that it's completely lacking as /vg/ is just a containment board that fails to do its job for Yea Forums posters to sperg over certain games, mostly MMOs and mobile games.

/vg/ is the same way though. There are some decent and on-topic generals there, namely for less popular games and games that are newer and haven't yet run out of actual discussion.

Just like Yea Forums, you can't judge it based on its shittiest threads. Maybe even more so, since generals are basically their own self contained communities that don't interact with each other. They may as well be separate boards.

>Katawa Shoujo General #3415
Still impressive.

reminder they lost count once

Yea Forums is full of unfunny shitposts

*thrice

Reddit

This but also Yea Forums sucks is filled with foreigners like this shit eater

Neither

Attached: 1493262093025.png (1232x1040, 310K)

Yea Forums, /vg/ is full of irrelevant game generals no one but gachafags care about. /vr/ when possible, though.

I really only go to /civ4xg/ every so often but it's almost entirely dominated by stellaris discussion which gets old after one thread.

To this day I don't understand the point of /vg/. Why would you discuss the same fucking game day in day out, for several years on end? Where's that little thing in your brain that demands you seek out something new?

>/fgg/ is some fat fuck nah named luvcheez spamming about being a paypig for Morrigan cosplayers
>afgg is the one pic with people worshipping mods
>/alter/ is Yea Forums type shit with people spamming the fuck out of memes
/fgog/ is okay though

Attached: 1561716344483.jpg (960x960, 43K)

>gachashit generals
And this is precisely why I don't go there. I would just be flinging shit at those zoomers all day long. I'd rather fling shit at the FF14 trannies here.

Take Stalker for example, there‘s constantly new mods out so keepingthe discussion to onegiant thread makes sense. The same goes for Paradox titles or MMORPGs, constant new content keeps the interest up.

/feg/ is bad literally only because of the spic

/vg/ always devolves into circle-jerking, attention whores and no discussion of video games. Just compare the TF2 threads on there to here.

Attached: 1547161673990.png (320x302, 141K)

>/fgg/ is some fat fuck nah named luvcheez spamming about being a paypig for Morrigan cosplayers
This sounds okay if he actually posts pictures of them.

this place aint any better, user

This.

you say that as if filtering isnt a menial task

wagh

Attached: wagh.jpg (350x452, 27K)

Factually true, without them many /vg/ threads would be better, but in general attention seeking individuals are always attracted to small "communities" where their voice can be heard easily.

But not like Yea Forums ain't got it's share of shit.

They're both fucking terrible. Yea Forums is full of legitimate underaged children, and any topic unfortunate enough to be banned to /vg/ will inevitably turn into a cult of personality.

That reminds me, aren't we all glad that the fucking tripfags are gone from Yea Forums? That alone warrants /vg/ existing as a contamination board.

The fact threads getting banished to /vg/ is viewed as a negative thing means Yea Forums is better for that reason alone. People ignore that actual discussion does take place on Yea Forums even with the amount of shitposting there is.

i like browsing /indie/ to get some niche game recommendations
there are good generals and bad generals, unlike this board where good threads are a rarity

oh no alterbros, he's calling out our memes!

Attached: 1531946731946.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

Threads aren't magically created since you filter the undesirable ones, user.
If I filter every shitty thread on a board I'll be left with a threadless board.

going to /vg/ is bad for smaller games because /vg/ has like a fifth the posterbase that Yea Forums does and people who go there don't browse the catalog for new things to talk about so eventually they'll stagnate and die

There was a reason we exiled generals to their own board

It would be pretty funny to see a /vg/ thread get banished to Yea Forums. Like a lamb in a lion's den.

Attached: 1500908944242.gif (360x264, 2M)

Undertale general?

Attached: 1345282282277.jpg (300x300, 12K)

definitely not /vg/

Attached: file.png (3055x953, 1.03M)

Yea Forums might have more wojack/soispam/console wars but atleast you dont have tripfaggots, unironic trannies, discordditors that love to raid and attempt to skew the hivemind, and avatarfags. /mhg/ and /feg/ are some of the worst generals. /mhg/ is just Yea Forums and /vg/ combined since world, and /feg/ has a single spic tripfag ruling the entire general with a pissbaby mod friend and discord group to defend anything
Yea Forums any day, just report and ignore wojaks

Attached: 1481314706982.jpg (858x1024, 50K)

/vg/
Shitposters and console war faggots kept to a mininum. Discussion goes past metacritic scores it's good/shit.
Yea Forums gets a good thread once in a blue moon but even that has a couple people wanting to derail it.

Yea Forums was better before /vg/. /vg/ took away most people willing to defend a game which turned Yea Forums into a hype/twitter drama board.

/vp/

This, describes the scp discord circlejerk to a t

Attached: file.png (5506x990, 1.66M)

This is also how zombie generals are born.

/vg/, because Yea Forums has all of /vg/'s garbage on top of other shit

Every now and then I think that the Sonic fandom has calmed down in recent years and isn't as autistic as people claim. Then I look at /sthg/.

Attached: 6d8.jpg (680x511, 34K)

/tg/

Yea Forums ruined /vg/.

You cant really compare /vg/ to a single board since the /vg/ has Generals focused to a specific game while Yea Forums is just a mash of everything.

Every single general thread, on any board, almost always devolves into a pseudo-chatroom between people, with a copious amount of avatar/tripfaggotry, with a heavy sprinkling of trannyism.

when you see people talk like this without any apostrophes or punctuation you know its a faggot general

/vg/ is just a fucking mystery to me. The TF2 general is incomprehensible and they still have a cripple dating simulator general. God knows what there's left to talk about.

Attached: 1561921230729.png (454x520, 13K)

It depends on what you want. I would have said Yea Forums a few years before but Yea Forums nowadays is complete garbage and there are days I don't find a single good thread.
On the other hand I only really use /vg/ for one of the generals and it's been getting worse and worse as more Yea Forumsedditors have been infesting it.
So I don't know.

>discord
I‘m glad I‘m a dumb boomer who missed the jump to discord completely.

>tfw used to be an avatarfag in /lolg/
sorry but also not sorry

Attached: 1424635739876.png (367x429, 14K)

>when you see people talk like this without any apostrophes or punctuation you know its a faggot general

You fucking NAILED it. Holy SHIT. Every single nopunctuation nocaps user I've ever met (myself included, in the past, when I thought it was cool) has been a completely insufferable faggot. Jesus fuck, I only just now put the pieces together in my head. What makes it like this? Why is that?

Attached: 4 scoops cmon.jpg (659x483, 23K)

>tripfag blogs daily
>meetups
>underaged children
>actual trannies
I'll choose dilate for 500 jim

Attached: file.png (4425x2057, 2.33M)

/vg/ has mostly trash waifu generals that only belong there as a form of containment, actual game threads can be counted with the digits of a single hand.

Yea Forums on the other hand really isn't even about gaming at all.

It makes you look nonchalant. We all did it once, user.

Attached: familyguy.png (1920x1080, 354K)

/hg/ and /tf2g/ are comfy

pretty much, what's funny is that these general discordfags have been in denial for over a year now

Attached: file.png (5273x930, 2.13M)

You really can't
I actually want you to go into /xivg/ and tell me how many posts you see actually talking about the game that get completely ignored over their typical shitty drama
While you're at it tell if if /ksg/ has anything to do with the game and isn't a hugbox general, or if any of the gachashit generals aren't just circlejerks over waifus, you literally can't

I try to do it but it can be difficult considering I'm a filthy fucking ESL.

>WoW Classic General on /vg/
>It's just nonstop E-celeb shitposting

Attached: 1561122826885.jpg (511x350, 41K)

>God knows what there's left to talk about.
There isn't anything left to talk about, that's exactly the problem.
The insular nature of /vg/ threads means they develop their own little communities. Nobody wants their little community to die, but they require constant posting in order to survive. The result is when they run out of things to talk about, they start shitposting and posting off-topic garbage to keep the community alive.
The two generals you listed are perfect examples of this.

Attached: the escape plan.png (696x580, 404K)

I honestly think the only good general I've seen is the /twg/ one. And even then it's infested with furries and scalies that want to fuck the Skaven. I just don't get how you can find Skaven attractive. I fucking hate them.

>that one autistic loser(s) who sits all day in the threads to bump it when it reaches page 10

Attached: file.png (1306x929, 585K)

>that one autistic loser who spends all day on Yea Forums talking about one general he pretends to hate

5N@F?

>Go to /ssbg/
>It's full of avatarfags and tripfags attentionwhoring
Never again

A few years ago I would say all these factor make Yea Forums better overall, with /vg/ being better during the first few weeks of a game's release. Now Yea Forums is in such a sorry state that /vg/ could legitimately be better overall.

DID SOMEBODY SAY /vg/!?

Attached: owg get pozzed.jpg (1320x768, 628K)

>choosing low tier phone games weeb shit for /vg/
thats 2 yikes and a cringe from me dawg

fgog is only fun when new content releases though

Attached: file.png (1403x1009, 655K)

How do you lose count when you can archive? I also refuse to believe that every single person forgot what number they were on.

Honestly /vg/ and Yea Forums ought to be brought back together, because not only would it bring life back into those zombie generals by the influx of new posters, but it would kill off the ones that are so dead they wouldnt be able to handle getting bumped to page 10, and it would mean that Yea Forums would be majority video game discussion that isnt just FOTM shitposting like Smash threads for the first time in a long while

Attached: 1475455030231.jpg (616x699, 49K)

If you hate /vg/ as a whole you're most likely an autist who is scared of the concept of discussing things in general and feel more at peace in Yea Forums which is run by short, meaningless shitposts. The whole "/vg/ is just avatarfags/furries/trannies/weebs" seems like a justification for that specific poster's autism, and they probably don't discuss videogames anywhere outside of Yea Forums simply because they never wanted to discuss videogames to begin with.

Im still fucking mad that Ace Attorney Online got kicked to /vg/ and died the slow death that every niche game sent there gets

Attached: crime and punishment.png (251x170, 11K)

/vg/ is just trash, fuck off. Nobody but literal Redditors would want to browse a board full of avatarfags, tripfags and drama.

And then one general would take over the board entirely, people would make threads too soon for it, and it would all be more trouble than it's worth. Make no mistake, video game generals are a cancer and /vg/ is the containment zone. They do not actually bring game discussion up at all; they create cliques, drama, and personalities in a place where none of those things should ever exist.

/vg/ is shit unless you only want to talk about one specific game and understand the autistic guidelines that are the unspoken rules of the general.
It's nearly impossible to get info on a game in those circlejerks and katawa shojo #999999 where they're still talking about a mediocre 10 year old VN, because deformed girls are the only people they could ever possibly trick into loving them.
Yea Forums is 90% faggots but that normal for anywhere on the internet now I guess.

Seriously? Like a thread will get deleted if you post it on Yea Forums?

god gumball makes my dick so hard

hey look it's megaman legends 3

Honestly if Hiro just fucking banned anyone who used Discord /vg/ could be tolerable

the fuck happened to SCP, how the hell did what is essentially a creepypasta site become so infested
the worst thing they used to ave was maybe a couple of edgelord OC's but now its a shitshow

/gbfg/ has gone past 5k threads now

The general was fucking great, possibly the greatest general in the past couple of years with a shit ton of user created content, streamables, tons of fun anons, and drawfags drawing a metric fuck ton of requests for us.
Then around June the dumbass 17 year old pollack dev stopped working on the game and starting milking the fuck out of his patreon and most of the players left. The general kept bleeding players until the only ones that were left were the autistic losers who sat all day in the thread to bump it, the autistic griefer everyone hated, and the dumbass underaged faggots we bullied off the server who crawled back since everyone else left. The only ones that stayed behind to spam Yea Forums since then are a bunch of chat room trannies/namefags who sit in there all day blogposting or complaining about mods, or their boogeyman. Serves them right for killing their general.
The original server host Nocorras quit around Decemeber 2018 and called them faggots when they made their gay steamcord

as for the scp wiki, SJWs infected it and ruined it
youtube.com/watch?v=L-UBfkUVGk4

*first couple of months

this is highly dependent on the general tbqh, you won't find any of this in /sg/

>Secret Laboratory releases
>some user posts it in a jank thread
>everyone jumps in
>most fun online game of 2018 by a goddamn mile
>so much OC that it spiked traffic because of SL alone
>suddenly the whole SCP tranny shit happened
>everyone at SL servers making fun of the site
>eventually one of the moderators got butthurt and started deleting SCP threads in general, including SL
>even goes as far as to auto-filter it
>discussion moved to /vg/
>1 week later, the inevitable happened such as tripfags, discord groups, and drama from all of this
>few months later popularity dropped 95%
>in janurary 2019, there was literally only 5 people playing in the /vg/ server and all 5 are furries from the discord group
>no one was left

Attached: 1345992540026.gif (480x270, 382K)

/vg/ until some faggot creates a discord.
then the circlejerking discord cancer comes back and craters the general forever.

Does anyone still have that blacklist copypasta? I remember that I was written twice in there. Man that was a good game until it was moved to /vg/.

yeah I have the final copypasta version of it because I made/updated it
/scp/ in its golden days
>drawfags everywhere with OC and streamables pumped out daily
>no circlejerk and no /scp/ discord
>memorable moments everyday, with a full server every night
>constant content updates
/scp/ now
>autistic deathmatch speedrun simulator
>no fun memorable moments left, just autistic minmax autists left in the server
>no OCs, streamables posted anymore
>zero new content, 17 year old dev slav is milking his patreon
>invites children and twitch thots to their server
Yeah fuck the /scp/ general, it died when all the fun anons left and the only retards left there are the leftover brainlet shills who want to namefag/circlejerk
It took 7 months since the general was born for the /vg/ curse to kill it completely
The ones responsible for this
Jullikas
Housderloop
twocows
nigmode
merapsco
420blazenoob
lammy
westirds
randomguy
and the rest of the autists that bump that decrepit general daily/are in their gay "serverchad" group whose owner's only claim to fame was cumming on a picture of a grown man back during its golden days
Nocorras the previous server runner called their gay steamcord shit Day One
Daily reminder the retards that run this autistic little discord are underaged tourists from twitch and reddit
Avoid the /scp/ shithole
One of them got an STD like /owg/
And I know those autists, jullikas, nigmode. housderloop and twocows are in this thread advertising their shit for free, nigmode the resident autistic avatarfag already left his mark in the thread
Older vers.
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/244308316/#244324094
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/219917821/#219982320

Which one has the most cunny?

Because Yea Forums is better

I'll kill you lulufag

>they made that blacklist because of me and my friend
I forgot about going in the server and killing him then he would've sperged out and killed others instead of us. I miss it.

Attached: 1452718079409.jpg (357x382, 54K)

not lulufag

Attached: 0b79f5dbb67cf5c503bb08d0d1d95ff3.jpg (707x1000, 385K)

It's funny because modern Yea Forums is basically a vidya themed Yea Forums.
It ironically happened after dicks and porn took over actual Yea Forums -making it a place so awful, people are genuinely missing the "Free iPad" days. Current Yea Forums is also what happens when you ban all genuine vidya discussion on a shitty board in the dark corner of the platform.
...which attracts the special kind of freaks we all know today (namefags, trannies, the discord crowd, tumblr homosexuals, avatarfags, degenerate weebs etc).
Sure, some of them are so autistic about their games they can genuinely help you out with everything you need, but you could probably say the same about Reddit for that matter.
The board itself is mostly used for containment-thread tourism. You don't actually lurk /vg/; when you do, it's a terrible experience and you're lost in a totally foreign environment.

I never thought I'd say this, but the 8ch vidya boards are legitimately better than what we currently have, they often feel like old school Yea Forums (except the political GG circlejerk boards, which are exactly what you'd expect).
I swear I'm only hanging around in this cesspool because at this point I mostly shitpost from mobile (I have way better shit to do from a desktop, like playing actual vidya) and there are no decent cripplechan clients for the OS I'm currently using

Attached: 4L_2mNKbzl0.jpg (1067x800, 270K)

/dlg/ is the best general

Attached: 5.gif (294x271, 18K)

thanks to Yea Forums "what are some games' cross/pol/sting

>8ch
I don't really use it so I don't really have an opinion on the site but the only board I used to lurk in that place changed BOs in the last few months and now he's been banning and removing content he doesn't personally like even though it's completely related to the board. I hope this doesn't happen in other boards because it's retarded.

Attached: vee.png (1232x1040, 304K)

>le they lost count meme

>It's funny because modern Yea Forums is basically a vidya themed Yea Forums.
Yea Forums has been "Yea Forums with video games" for a long-ass time, user.

Remember /mgg/?

WRONG.

Microsoft unironically emailed Hiro, telling him they weren't liking what they were seeing (their most successful console shooter being ported on PC, with anons providing links non-stop).
Post-release Halo Online thread lasted 3 (THREE) days on Yea Forums. Then they started 404ing all of the sudden. Halo Online discussion was forbidden.
You couldn't post Halo fan project threads on the most popular board of the site, because Microsoft didn't like the project having extra publicity. They sent cease and desist letters all over the web, and Yea Forums is among the site that fully complied, deleting everything mommy Microsoft deemed bad.
Genuinely one of the most blatant censorship attempts I have ever witnessed on this website.

As we know, /vg/ is a hopeless graveyard of dead communities, so Hiro didn't even bother censoring it. Microsoft just wanted the threads off Yea Forums.
So people had to escape to /vg/, where they clashed with the actual /vg/ halo community.
It developed into a community war between Yea Forums and /vg/ halofags (/hog/ vs /hg/).

Wish I was joking about all of this.

Attached: 4L_nrRHuxrD.jpg (2518x1022, 1.92M)

I started posting in 2009 m8, time is relative

i remember that autistic anti quietfag that got unleashed onto Yea Forums after /mgg/ died
so kitou and firefury or charls and that other autistic faggot

That usually sparks tensions, which lead to people making a clone board and the community moving over.

I remember it happened with /pol/ (because of a Turk admin) and it looks like it recently happened to Yea Forums.
Many alternative Yea Forumss were created, the dominant ones are currently /b2/ and /freeb/ as far as I know.
They're both infinitely better than our current Yea Forums

I like smtg

kitou

They rely on it if it has a multiplayer aspect or is fairly large. Otherwise it's generally looked down upon.

I love Monika!

Attached: 1534618906110.jpg (1529x1784, 640K)

Good thing I took care of you kitou and your stupid europoor faggot friend then cuck
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198078403263/

>skew the hivemind
>OH NO SOMEBODY IS SHITTING DIRECTLY INTO MY SEPTIC TANK

How did you take care of me?

sucks because the game is still fun, but the occasional weekend threads are the only chances to play it now, and those have a hard time staying up for more than an hour

Attached: 1533676302562.png (770x769, 218K)

Tbh it lets me hang out and keep up with my actual friends without using Steam or fucking skype so there's that.
It - like any other tool - can be useful or destructive depending on who uses it and how they use it.

I don't.

Attached: Hanging Trashika 2.png (560x920, 70K)

It's just honeypot central m8

But Yea Forums has all of that, with tripfags instead of avatarfags. Yea Forums is also off-topic most of the time.

/fgg/ best general

Attached: 1538184052580.jpg (934x1152, 213K)

The only generals worth visiting was city building general and starbound general. one was actual game discussion the other was just unified hate and great fun

Attached: 1557418215093.jpg (464x454, 20K)

Does he dare? We got Liz on our side!

Attached: 1560909224144.png (5905x5905, 994K)

>that one autist who spams every guild wars thread
lmao