Halfway into its freeweek

>halfway into its freeweek
>not a single thread
was it really that bad?

Attached: Rising Storm 2.jpg (616x353, 38K)

Yeah fucking hated it

Whats the issue, I thought its a fun PTSD simulator, my only real gripe is that the VA and death gurgles have 1/8th of the impact of RO2's

Free weekend is always bad. Too many new players at once ruin the game.

Red Orchestra was better but its hard to find a match for it anymore
so I'm stuck playing this

I haven't played any of the other games so I don't really have much to compare it to but the instant kill bullets paired with the fully automatic weapons and wide areas of little cover just leads to me being raped the instant I try and move up.

I'll be playing it later today in call with some mates so my opinion on it might change though.

The Vietnamese VAs though lmao

>spawn
>bush shoots me
>die

>was it really that bad?

what kind of stupid judgement is this? It's honestly a great game, and probably the only FPS on steam I can stomach currently without getting bored.

>wide areas of little cover
>leads to me being raped the instant I try and move up
You have to play as a squad.
Use smoke and cover fire to advance in open areas.

And playing by yourself gets better once you know the map a bit and have some more situationnal awareness.

Has anyone ever seen a helicopter not get shot down? I swear spawning in a helicopter is a death sentence, you either take a stray bullet, the pilot crashes because hes shit or it gets hit with some sort of anti air. Maybe all the pilots are just trash though

It's not bad. RO2/RS was just better. Also fuck all the servers who have supremacy in the rotation.

The only map I ever see Helios getting shot down without AA comands is Resort

This. How have so many people never played a "stand on a spot to capture it" game mode before?

the only fun matches are the ones the commander and SLs get too into it and start rping
those are the best

>spawn
>pixel 378292984737992027278949 miles away kills me
>uninstall
It's fun for a while, then I just get tired of the shit.

Some mad pilot that drops you into a firefight while blasting some good songs in local VOIP to scare the VC

>play as a squad
>Use smoke
Your squad tends to not have any smoke because all the scouts inevitably end up in the same squad. Same as all the snipers.

red orchestra 2 was a more interesting setting. Vietnam is very dull in comparison

Yea Forums is bad at videogames that require a brain

>south vietnam is clearly winning, someone stars blasting creedance clearwater revival
mfw

Attached: 1560384334213.jpg (400x400, 28K)

The entire game is decided by whether support throws his smoke and commander calls arty
What's sad is this is basically the series formula. Meat grinder rifle combat is basically inconsequential compared to whether those 3 people do their jobs
It's much better than Insurgency, however, because the capture points aren't single fucking rooms.

>Meat grinder rifle combat is basically inconsequential
t. never unloaded a magazine and 2 nades into a vc ambush by overhearing his voip to save a defense

It's all fun so who the fuck cares. In a way it actually drives in the whole feeling of how pointless one regular rifleman is in the grand scheme of things.

>much better than Insurgency, however, because the capture points aren't single fucking rooms
I don't think we've been playing the same Insurgency, when the points are indoors they are at least house sized, and that's fine because there's less players per match in INS compared to RS2.

No, murdering mutts is great.

Attached: Ded mutts.jpg (1920x1080, 446K)

i mean the bodies are just there to capture the points

Last time I played the rpgniggers would just spam ground areas for easy kills and not bother with helis. Did they do anything to fix this?

too high TTK on GAM
free weekend kiddies are ruining my campaign

Attached: 55b0f3372acae72d5f8b89a4-640-448.jpg (640x448, 79K)

Man I love resort
>board Huey
>Huey flying right above the water making a beeline for the A point
>it hits the beach hard and does 2 flips before landing perfectly behind the rocks on the left side, killing everyone but me in the process
>hiding under the chopper as the Vietcong come in and investigate

Attached: RS2 Resort beta.jpg (1920x1080, 522K)

>$25 for a 2 year old dead game

>too high TTK on GAM
I heard they increased it quite a lot, I don't get it, it was fine during the event.
I love the inner area of Resort, and also defending the beach as VC, but you never get to play much of it since there's so little capable pilots.

It went on sale multiple times for like 7 bucks.
>dead game
Nigga it still has a a playerbase of a couple thousand. There are multiple full server 24/7. That's not dead.

dlc that they didnt even make is $17

are you talking about all of those cosmetic packs? who the fuck pays for that shit

I think RO2 and RS1 were better because of the weapons. Games like these are a lot more fun when the majority of the team is wielding single shot weapons like bolt actions and semi automatic rifles. It means people value accuracy and cover highly, those that do have fully automatic weapons stand out and are either really influential or are easily picked off depending on how they play (thus, a level of tactical skill is required), etc.

RS2 is fun, but most of the game is people just spraying into the bushes and tree lines and buildings and getting kills by sheer volume of fire. You have to move faster, be twitchy with your mouse (which also leads to more friendly fire) and small cover is next to useless.
It causes idiots to just run at each other until one team eventually wins. RO2's lower intensity of fire made you cautious and patient followed by brief instances of running and action. RS2 is just a constant hail of bullets and dying until the round ends. Machine guns are barely noticeable on the battlefield since everyone is holding a fully automatic assault rifle. Snipers spend most of the match watching their kills get taken because the other plays don't have to be accurate.
The flamethrowers are fun though.

He's probably talking about GAM.
I bought the one with the gas mask because it makes me hard to burn VC with it on.

He is talking about the Green Army Men dlc. When not on sale its 16.99. It was made by modders. I don't know why he is bitching though, because those modders are getting paid for that. And they aren't the first modders the devs have paid. They had a couple map design contests where the winners got prize money and their map in the game.

Its a shame since RS2 did add a lot of fun stuff like the VC gadgets and I love that double barrel shotgun and the ability to swap between slug and buckshot. Also the bush heavy maps allow for some amazing sneaky shit as well.

I've been taking a break from it for awhile.
maybe I'll play a bit this week again.

Attached: GI's not welcome.webm (568x320, 2.81M)

i just bought the game and then realized it was a free weekend. Why am I dumb

Well now you can play it any time you want instead of just this week.

if you kill 50 people in a round playing rifleman you've made a significant difference if the game comes down to tickets (and it often does)

not bad just janky and unpolished, typical AA game experience

>Boomer FPS
>Entire game relies around people throwing smoke and coordinating their artillery ults
>Rest is just holding the same few angles waiting for something to move

Wish they'd mix it up a bit

Too busy playing the game dummy.

Go play supremacy or that other game mode.

I admit I'm not that good at the game, definitely not as good as most that play. And I follow the games objectives and I'm not just some shitter that runs head first into every gun fight. But I just don't have fun with the game. Dying in a single hit is pretty boring and frankly annoying almost any time it happens.

Spawning takes forever, walking or running takes forever, aiming feels slow and weird. And the maps aren't very good either, everything just feels like a meat grinder with tiny shitty choke points. And you can so easily die from "nowhere" from some jerk off who only shoots you one time from a bush who you'd have no idea was ever there or ever think to even look there.

Like I said, I'm not good, but I just don't find the game fun at all, I sit there in boredom more than any fun.

>He thinks run and gun doesn't work
LMAO
Try using the ppsh, mat49, or grease gun sometime. You don't need a brain to be good at RS2.

>ez kills
>ruin the game
okay

Shit game
RO2 was better

This senpai

Go back to Farmville, kid.

>Dying in a single hit
You don't really die in a single hit, unless your head is hit.
Usually it takes more than one if you're being shot at with anything that isn't semi-auto or bolt-action.
>Spawning takes forever
The point is to punish you if you die, it's kinda harsh if you're bad and can't really play that much though.
>walking or running takes forever
I'd argue running is a bit too fast, I hope they bring back stamina whenever they add the APC, maybe make it so VC doesn't deplete stamina when running through tunnels?

This should be a copypasta

Shit game
Red Orchestra/Darkest Hour was better

Its really not good. I wish it was

I wish they'd port RO2/RS into RS2 so that they stop being dead

True
Unfortunately they're both dead

>all the free weekend fags taking up the class roles

Every game I've joined has been an absolute curbstomp for one of the sides, cant wait for the population to drop back to normal

MAS 49 is best gun, holy fuck I love them for adding it

I tried to use it but the sights are so awful.

I really really like this game. But Ive put a coupke hundred hours into it already. I kind of feel like Ive exhausted it.

>Vietnamese VAs
you mean the lines by actual vietnamese people with vietnamese accents?

I can't even fucking play the game and I don't know why. No matter what, when I try to join a game, it just hangs forever at "Connecting to serve.. [server IP]"
I've reinstalled the game twice, triple checked that my antivirus and firewall aren't cucking it, etc, fucking nothing
so I gave up
fucking shit game

Attached: 1562139683380.jpg (358x373, 42K)

>User error so the game is shit
It's like I'm at work right now...

>the game refusing to work is somehow my fault and not the game's fault for being a broken piece of shit
ok sweaty

Attached: 1562480432905.png (424x424, 167K)

squad has more content, depth and replay value

Yeah, it is your fault. Stop having a shit computer. Works for everyone but you.

>game refusing to work
It clearly works, you just aren't able to join a server.
Try the firing range, if that works that means the issue is with playing online.

>more content
Every class got the same gun.
>depth
No freeaim.
>replay value
If you don't have a good team you'll quit faster than RS2.

32 poster itt have no complaint about making the game work
1 does
:thinking:

I got tired of this game like 2 years ago

Do you live somewhere where no one plays the game and also have shit internet by any chance?

I still hold that RO2 is the infinitely superior game.
Hell I actually think Ostfront is a better game too.
RS2 is fun but it's too arcadey fun and has none of the reasons why I fell in love with RO2.

Attached: 1562933872854.webm (522x470, 536K)

Resort should just remove point A
Sure, you lose the beach, but it stops the 45 minute stalemates of watching choppers crash

'83 when

Attached: 83thegame-1144636577617973248-20190628_180001-img1.jpg (3840x2160, 678K)

>every class got the same guns
more variants and types than RS2 tho

Attached: 1.png (828x1212, 1.01M)

I hope they don't rush it out like RS2, but at the same time I want to play it as soon as possible.
They post some WIP on their Discord, check it out?

>KS-23
>M1014
What

i don't go to discord, dev bro
post them here or post them on your twitter

The shotguns are fully modelled but haven't been implemented for years, might be a new breacher class post release

Understandable, I checked and they've got a twitter account with the same WIP on it, it's @83thegame

is game going to have an Afghan/Soviet map? It better

Start playing Post Scriptum

Attached: 5fb7d4b414344d8052135cf1fb6a7a77daa7a0ca.jpg (616x353, 57K)

Weird I thought it was for the engineer, I swear I saw the devs talk about this class getting shotguns a few years ago, but now the engineer is out and doesn't have them.

>80% of the team playing like it's modern warfare and camping trying to farm kills
>as attackers

Attached: 1424029119970-3.png (900x900, 375K)

yea, the combat engineer gets mines and timed explosives but get normal rifles. I hope they can eventually add PRs breacher glass with a grappling hook.

I hope so, but I heard that they are focused around Europe and the two factions right now are Soviets and Brits.
It would be quite Кинo :^)

Rising Storm 2 is an absolute heap.

tell me the early access/release date

Its being boycotted because of the paid mods.

Oh and its fucking garbage compared with the original RO

Tried it during the free weekend, felt like poor's man Squad in WW2.
I'm tired of the setting and the game isn't good enough to draw me in I'd rather play Squad.
Also the pricetag is way too high, only 9€ less than Squad, and the playerbase is absolutely low.

I don't know sorry friend, but I hope we can all enjoy it when it comes out.

Nice headcanon you got there.
I feel like no one cares about it, the only complaints I've heard about GAM are about the changes they made to it, not the fact that it's a DLC now.

Red Orchestra was only better because the shitty maps with zero cover to move up forced your entire team to coordinate charges or burn through tickets advancing one by one.

okay devbro, don't rush the game please.

the real reason red orchestra was better was because everyone had bolt actions forcing you to think before pulling the trigger

>a game that's been out for four years has more content than a game that's been out for less than one
woah...

They are doing some fun stuff with gore, but yea, Squad has just so much more content and a much healthier playerbase.
Devs are also revisiting older maps and revamping them visually, Post Scriptum has foliage everywhere that doesn't really blend well with the terrain, neither do they have the manpower to pump out maps. It's a real bummer because the foundation isn't bad.

Attached: foliage.jpg (3027x3400, 3M)

Well yeah, why should I play PS over Squad then?
You're the one going around asking people to play it.

>shitty maps
RO2's maps are infinitesimally better than the shitstains in RS2.

Not really. If you know the map layout you can just spam shots into high traffic areas forcing enemies to sit with their thumbs up their asses due to the retarded blur/shaking mechanic from incoming fire. Moreso if you've got a machine gunner laying down suppressive fire on the only cover/building watching an objective. Suppression is such a retarded mechanic in that game.

Because they're two completely different settings are you stupid?

>BRIDGES! BRIDGES! BRIDGES! WHOOOOOOOO
>oh gosh running in the open and getting sniped from trees across the river for 40 minutes isn't fun, who knew?

Attached: 1477037781108.png (404x511, 11K)

>I'm tired of the setting
Why don't you read before replying then are you stupid?

>go across the river or under the bridge
>dont get shot
wooooooow

>Saigon
>American squad leaders go AFK on second floor of embassy
>literally impossible to take first point

sasuga

Yeah the visual overhaul is pretty neat, I hope they add foliage interaction like it was teased years ago

If you're tired of the setting then it's obviously not for you idiot.
>I bought this wwii game and it's set in wwii wtf??????

>dude just run in the open for 200 meters then slowly wade across a 30 meter river while avoiding sniper fire lmao

user I like the game too but the maps are garbage, there's no avoiding the fact.

Attached: 1538363769671.png (362x507, 192K)

>squad niggers still shitting up the threads
Why? They are completely different games with completely different playstyles

*blocks your bullets*
doh ho ho ho

Attached: Banzai onto the cap.jpg (300x168, 15K)

Resort sucks ass, its a cool map on paper but I rarely see the Americans even put up a fight because only 1/10 helos actually manage to not explode on impact.

based squad chads dabbing on gooks

The map is fine. The players are shitters.

>obviously not for you idiot
>I bought this wwii game and it's set in wwii wtf??????
>Tried it during the free weekend
You are actually blind aren't you?

>Mental illness is being a Chad
Uhh

>dude just run in the open for 200 meters
tell your sl to stop dying and you have a fucking forest to move through right after you cross the bridge
>then slowly wade across a 30 meter river while avoiding sniper fire lmao
nobody can see the bottom of the bridge unless they're close to the edge of the river where you can shoot them
also you have a tank constantly suppressing everything on the other side of the bridge

your team is shit the map is fine

I have literally never seen attackers win once on Saigon. Who thought that shit was balanced?

>durr hurr we give attackers 200 more tickets!

That doesn't fucking help when attackers cannot clear the first goddamn objective. The only time I've ever seen the first point taken, the second point at the church is even HARDER to take due to the retarded default spawn forcing you to run down a wide open street into direct fire. That map is pure cancer and any time it gets picked I switch servers. What the fuck were the devs thinking? WHY ARE RETARDS STILL PICKING THAT MAP?

Attached: 1460595916453.png (238x239, 133K)

t. joins German team every time

You couldn't tell it's about WWII from the store page? Are you stupid?

i'd rather it was gibberish spoken by norwegians if it was actually well acted instead of just some fucko reading the lines off a piece of paper

I like squad better. As long as you hey a competent squad it's actually a lot of fun.

I exclusively play allies because I'm not a shitter. Your tank alone can carry you through 90% of the map. Russians being retarded does not make the map unbalanced.

I tried it and it wasn't good enough to hold my interest because I don't really care about WW2 shooters anymore.
Now I get why there's only 300 people playing if they are all like you and can't even comprehend english when written down I can't fathom how bad it is to communicate in voip.

Squad leads and assault can have smokes too.

Saigon attackers used to always win if defenders didn't retreat to last point before reaching 300 tickets.

You don't like WWII games and you installed a WWII game. The only retard here is you.

Fine, I'll try your gay little game Mr. Unpaid Tripwire shill, but it better be fun or else.

>can't read
>still answers angerily
The absolute state of PS shills, no wonder there isn't more than a few hundred players :^)

>can't read
read what? you saying the same dumb shit over and over?

Tfw the banzai glory days are over

We all played it ages ago. It's fun, but the purists hate it. You play RS2: Vietnam for VOIP shenanigans and renaming your squad to "NIGGER KILLERS" or "GOOK NUKE" or "BIG DICKS ONLY" because you have a m2 drive and load instantly.
The army men DLC sucks, they nerfed damage on most weapons. The Christmas event had normal damage.

Attached: JapLeafSurrender001.jpg (320x240, 28K)

I feel like there's free weekend every month or two, so why bother making a thread.
That said, I absolutely love the game, though I think Green Man Army paid DLC is like pushing a joke too far, especially with increased TTK. I don't expect it to be played that much, since even RS1 wasn't played nearly as much as RO2 and it's using similar classes locked behind paywall.

>I have literally never seen attackers win once on Saigon. Who thought that shit was balanced?

I lost as defenders a while ago after joining a match in progress where we had already been pushed back to the second last points. I have no idea how that happened.

Attached: 1560258159909.png (640x360, 287K)

For the Vnese voice acting, there are like 3 actors who are really into it, the rest can barely speak Vietnamese. The English voice acting though, I can't tell the White from the black accent

All the voice work is atrocious and the accents are all wrong

Yes, it's bundled with EAC and Kikewire shenanigans

Some of them are decent user.
t.Vietnamese

I've seen other Vietnamese claiming otherwise saying the accents are wrong for the setting.

>run to the point and shoot people
>requiring of a brain

I mean SOMEONE's gotta lay down cover fire.

Too bad the autorifleman is doing CQB and the people with the lowest accuracy percentages are playing sniper in a game where it is exceptionally easy to be a sniper.

>I can't tell the White from the black accent
ESL or mentally challenged?

I always vote to deploy as the Aussies in campaign for the silly accents.

It is on par with cheesy North Vietnam wartime propaganda movies

Both. 4channel is a SEA image board GI

Attached: 1511577570827.jpg (421x600, 281K)

Getting shot out in the open where you can somewhat tell where they're shooting from is better than getting shot 3 seconds after spawning by one of 5000 bushes all around you
RO2 had nice long range areas for bolt actions with good spots for snipers, and nice close range room-to-room fighting, often in the same map, RS2 maps don't do either well.

Putting bushes everywhere and removing zoom was an incredibly stupid design decision. In RO2 you could outsnipe a marksman with a bolt action if you were good. Good fucking luck doing that in RS2.

to me it's really fun, but it has some infuriating bugs and game designs that really hamper the otherwise rather immersive experience. pic related

Attached: out of bounds.png (1472x1077, 3.15M)

>Not wanting to smell their burning corpses
Pleb taste

This .but i can still get games ,lucky im in the eu

>someone should make a thread
>it ain't me though

M113 when?

Attached: IMG_1585.jpg (1120x840, 215K)

Already modded in GOM

>PTSD simulator
You need to return whence you came

Those shitty devs invaded and killed an RS2 server one night by team killing and horrible mic spamming before telling everyone to play post scriptum. Turned me off from even checking the game out instantly.

These things are gonna get cucked by RPGs

>Post Scrotum

It's too arcadey.

I miss Rising Storm 1. Some of the most fun I've ever had in a wargame.

The only legitimate complaint here is that the maps are shit. I think that even people who love the game agree that the maps are fucking terrible, but not even for the one reason that you listed.

They showed almost complete shotgun models in 2017 I think but have not mentioned them since.

Attached: source-s-dude-trust-me-37765924.png (500x300, 42K)

It was perfectly possible to get to the bridges without dying. You had to prone a lot and know the map but it was possible. The bridge itself was harder and wasn't really possible without smoke but still.

>see a wooden gun flail by a window
>open fire the second I see a head
>team kill
>leave server in shame

You're not supposed to cross the bridge. There's a resupply there so the tank can hold it and lock down the crossing.

They're Vietnamese. That's their accents. They're just not good voice actors. But ARVN guy is good.

Bridges was kino you retard

bought this last week, haven't installed yet
better be worth the fuckton of gbs

I hope that Squad gets a Vietnam mod so that I can uninstall RS2 for good

Uninstall it now, we really don't want you.

>always make it a priority to loot rpgs when playing southern forces e.g. attacking cuchi
>mfw levels of smugness lobbing rpgs into walls and getting multiple kills
>chat always mad someone is using an rpg against them

>playing north
>loot a m79
>sit back and just spam nades from over 200m away
>south fags can't do shit

>>was it really that bad?
Yes

I always remember tanks getting fucked by AT rifles or madmen getting close and throwing AT nades. At least on Aussie servers, tanks would never be on the frontlines unless the obj was well on its way to be capped and there was already plenty of friendly infantry on point with smoke.

>mfw I loot an M60 as charlie

Attached: Hohoho.jpg (1280x720, 188K)

It's a trash game, sorry shill. I have played since the beta and seen the game evolve over time. Antimatter continued to make the same mistakes over and over and that's why the game is in its current state, dying a slow death, only being held together by mental gymnastics experts such as yourself.

Shouldn't you be ERPing in swuad instead of crying in an RS2 thread right now?

Looting weapons is the funnest

there's been a few times I've ignored bullets landing close by thinking it's just some retarded teammate who will stop shooting at me only for me to get killed and realize it's an enemy with a looted gun

T-34 is practically indestructible to AT fire if you're on the resupply. Panzer is slightly more fragile but you can sit behind the green car to cover your weak spots. If you're getting grenaded your infantry aren't doing their job. They should easily spot anyone approaching the bridge as they push into D and E. The only thing you have to worry about is somebody running back for the PZB if you're in the P4 but that almost never happens in my experience.

been playing RO for a while now, is SQUAD worth it? I was looking at insurgency last night too but I like the larger maps and playercounts in squad. is it fun

>Literally gay LARP shooter
>Worth it

Hmm ok

Damn I miss tank combat.

>play South SL
>sit around by cap and feel guilty after every death for disappointing my squad
>play North SL
>make a good tunnel to funnel team towards flank, risk life to get great marks for TL, join suicidal charges to keep rice safe
YUUUHH

Attached: 1496023896849.png (653x653, 199K)

>boomer fps
>artillery ults
is this bait?

yes i constantly see people walking off chest shots from a mosin or m14

Yeah, it really is that bad. I was promised immersive Vietnam war sim and what I got is Battlefield with most HUD elements turned off. Fuck RS2, I can't believe I bought it.

why do people say its a larp shooter? are there actual RP servers? I thought it was slike an ARMA3 koth server with better performance

>use tank for cover and provide supporting fire
>cross bridge

gee that was hard

>be mindful of putting down good tunnels for squad
>halfway into putting down a new tunnel because old tunnel is under attack, old one gets destroyed and new tunnel stops building
>30sec wait
>see players leave squad

Attached: 1561638876840.jpg (251x241, 12K)

>You don't really die in a single hit, unless your head is hit.
Spine, heart, and dick are one hit kills.

you say maps yet you're just complaining about 1 map

Where even did Soviets fight Brits in 83?

yeah, if not shots that should be straight up fatal by far simply vanishing. Got ambushed by a VC earlier today point blank, and he was as confused as me about his AK bullets vanishing through me as my stakeout blast being A DUD?. Only managed to quickly melee him to death before he got wise to AM games' awful coding and do the same.
Which also reminds me of a duel i had with a GI even earlier today where we both tried to stab eachother 5 times in a row with bayos and missing each time until i finally connect somehow.

It's a fictional Cold-War-gone-hot scenario

>removing zoom
Pretty sure it's still in RS2. Check your options.
That's one way to look at it that I didn't think of.

>Why
Because it's beyond ARMA tacticool-ness.

>steal a ppsh as south
>firing sound is so distinct the gooks always believe its friendly
>you essentially have invisibility cheats

Attached: 1539516672679.jpg (1980x1400, 456K)

antiass defense are a tiff

It's not.

>beyond ARMA tacticool-ness
>we remade the M4 model
>we added a shit looking red laser sight
>we put it right in front of the red dot
>it isn't the same color as the M4
>you can't use it
Why

>56 gigs
yike

Attached: .png (476x400, 15K)

there's just something that I dont like. I've played fuckton of Insurgency

Are you talking about the zoom with shift?
I swear I was using it last time I played RS2, about 3 months ago I think.

YAAAAAAH!

>third world internet
yikes

It's actually only like 15-16 to download.

GO HOME GI

I feel like games on UE3/4 take up so much fucking space.

>european
>chat is dead quiet with the occasional german or russian twelve year old calling their team noob fags
Is the communication better on the US side?

>"no" in the distance

its pretty boring. I spend all my time shooting my teamates and crashing helicopters for fun

Attached: Thats bait.gif (245x184, 907K)

It's times like this I really wish these games would include a button to feign death or instantly ragdoll. Imagine actually hiding in a pile of your friend's corpses only to spring up and kill everyone that murdered them as they walk away? It'll give players a reason to really check bodies, maybe even double tap to be sure.

>reason to double tap
You don't shoot the dead? It's actually good practice to, in the heat of the moment enemies can hide pretty well amongst bodies if proned

I mean if the group of bodies is thick enough I'll spare a few rounds, but if the bodies are a bit spread out like a squad's would be and not just in a pile from a destroyed vehicle? Prone is only going to fool color blind people.

I have a better idea, remove the killfeed.
It's unnecessary clutter on the HUD, and gives way too much info that you should get by yourself.
Want to know if you really killed that dude? Double tap and check if there's a body.
Insurgency works that way and it's fine, you don't need to be told you killed someone, it keeps you alert and you won't run like a retard because the game told you that you got the guy shooting at you.

I already double tap often because I'm a sick person.

>Won't know when the commander napalms half your team

they should make it where shooting screaming guys stops their screaming

first on my wishlist

Attached: soviet spurdos.jpg (1046x843, 216K)

this is dumb. Most servers have a delayed killfeed anyways, and only TKs appear instantly.

>YUUUUUUUUUUUUH
>GO HOME GI

these are NA comms

Things seem to be more communicative on mutt servers from what I can tell

Good idea, the killfeed is really just a holdover from older fps as is.

Attached: 1556560583576.png (800x750, 68K)

You'll know because of all the complaints in chat or voip :^)
>this is dumb
Thanks for the input user

I like this idea, but keep the kill feed for team kills. I think it should be implemented with the feign death idea though. You shot the guy, there is a body, but is he really dead? Ask your friendly local flamethrower guy to make sure for you.

Yeah, I don't get why it's still there.
>keep the kill feed for team kills
Sure why not, I don't see an issue with it and that way the user that wants to know when the commander burns half the team will be happy.
>Ask your friendly local flamethrower guy to make sure for you
Neat.

Finally hit level 99 and got my Cavalry hat. The cosmetic grind in this game is real, Sea of Thieves doesn't have shit on it. War is hell.

Communication is "better" but more people are obnoxious.

t. shitty post scriptum dev

RS2 players are BF kiddies. If you want teamwork you're better off playing milsims.

>buy the army men mod
>go to join game
>all four servers were full
>waited in queue for 15 minutes before playing something else

Attached: 152480194519847605.jpg (732x792, 130K)

>he didn't join the mega server last christmas
>he didn't get unintentionally boosted to 99
I can't believe people were upset about getting boosted. I understand if you don't want leader roles to be deferred to you, but there's literally no statistical difference between a level 1 and level 99

>Sneak into the Police building (A Cap) of Cu Chi as South
>Kill some chump planting toepoppers, take his PPsh
>Run up the stairs, defusing a mine
>mid animation some guy runs down the stairs, blast him, keep defusing, a second guy runs up the stairs to bayonet, 180 and gun him down, defuse the mine finally
>Get on the roof and blast like 6 guys
>running back upstairs and downstairs like a goon just raping Charlie before I run out of ammo and get bayonetted by a mosin
>mfw listening to guys screaming in local to get the guy out of the police station and how he can't be killed because he has better ping

Attached: 1473162359505.jpg (258x360, 55K)

>playing north SL on defense
>point lost and tunnels destroyed
>people start immediately leaving the squad looking for other tunnels
>kick them when they come back after they realize no one else has any tunnels
I don't look kindly upon deserters

Attached: 1512884314512.png (300x300, 131K)

please refund it until they decide that lowering the TTK was the stupidest shit they've ever done.

>$17 for the same content from Xmas, but with one new map and no moon map
L M A O
"S-support the community d-devs!"

SEA monkeys crack me up tb.h. You guys make some killer food tho.

>lowering the TTK
I think you mean increasing.
Yeah that's too much to ask, I got the game at that price when it launched, not going to pay that to unlock the content I played with during the event and to play on 2 more maps.

>LARP shooter
anyone that says Squad is a LARP shooter never actually played it and is just talking shit.
Alternatively, they are absolute retards for confusing the necessity of using comms with roleplay.

Attached: detracked.webm (1174x660, 2.99M)

I think I will, thanks

Level 1 me and level 99 me are two completely different players, even coming off 600 hours in RO2. I was already level 90 last Crimis, I was on the mega server but that never happened. I would have felt cheated if I had been accidentally boosted at that point.

I believe they are confusing the need to use "serious" lingo to convey information quickly and efficiently with RP in games that don't need that but you still have people doing it anyway to feel cool.

>That time during the release month when the ppsh was the god gun.

Mega server was literal malware

I heard a rumor that other points besides A exist on Demilitarized Zone.

I really liked the slow death/last stand thing that RO2 had. It made close combat interesting because just getting a killing shot on someone didn't necessarily remove them as a threat and would penalize you if you went rushing past a guy right after shooting him. Something like your idea would bring back a bit of that uncertainty.

I fucking hated most custom servers in Insurgency because they always had the killfeed enabled or some retarded points tracking system that had no purpose.

BF4 is better, RS2 is to clanky for an FPS

>I understand if you don't want leader roles to be deferred to you

This is the real reason I can't play during the free weekend desu. I don't want the responsibility of being the leader whenever I join a squad of level ones.

Attached: 1532620841974.webm (1280x720, 359K)

Yeah and the fucking shitty UI element appearing for every fucking action you did
[KILL +50 POINTS]
Why.

>3D spotting headless chicken shooter with merry go round objective play
No thanks

There is no better weapon for a GI SL than the M79. It's the perfect distance for spawning people in, you can kill people without LoS, lay down smokes and there are only 6-9 grenades so you don't feel the need to burn through the copious amounts of ammo other classes have to be effective.

I play on a server that doesn't have 3D spotting or minimap

Most dishonorabur. You have a responsibirity to your Kohai.

>Simply put, we need to go dumber
No thanks.

Attached: 1560007356312.jpg (394x401, 38K)

BF4 peaked with the Classic mode, and then DICE didn't have the will to go further and make it the default so I never enjoyed it fully again because no one plays with this mode.
At least they are learning a bit with BF5

Too many hackers

>spend 30 seconds building a tunnel
>27 seconds into building it the building cancels because it was slightly off-center
>start building another tunnel, 30 seconds later finish it
>no more than a minute passes before I hear artillery land behind me
>SQUAD TUNNEL DESTROYED
>run back from my good spot where I'm getting kills to start building yet another fucking tunnel
>get sniped
>spawn, run forward and find another spot to build my tunnel
>spend 30 seconds building it
>just as I finish I look up and in the distance I can see the faint outline of a jet
>Fwoooosh AHHHHHHH *gurgles in napalm*
>SQUAD TUNNEL DESTROYED
>run forward again, find a completely different spot to build my tunnel this time
>halfway through building it a squad member queues up his microphone "YO WHERES THE FUCKIN TUNNEL SQUAD LEADER YOU LAZY ASSHOLE"
>finish the tunnel
>immediately get grenaded
>SQUAD TUNNEL DESTROYED

Attached: 1468189297109.gif (516x402, 628K)

So its even worse, ok

Once you go squad lead you can't go back.
I've been playing as SL since RO1 and I don't trust anyone else to do the job at this point.

Attached: 5hyu7r6.jpg (950x643, 155K)

All of the RO2/RS maps are a shit show when bolt action rifles are replaced by assault rifles.

Its cool to shit on insurgency now

Play hardcore mode

>Blooping Charlie through fucking windows all the way from downtown Saigon
>2 smokes to obscure VC vision from their defences within the cap
>WP nade for additional smoke/burning Cong out of their hidey holes
>Dropping perfect marks for commander
>Staying alive for your squad to keep pushing in
Deadly.

I know this feeling. I'd rather be playing commander or sneaking around assassinating key players but my knack for staying alive and flanking makes me compelled to play SL, especially compared to how shit the average player is as SL. A good SL can change the tide of battle just as much as a good commander.

wait is that the reason i'm the squad leader all the time? I'm only level 30 or something but I keep getting SL, is it because of my level? that's pretty retarded, especially on the american side when the squad leader should not keep dying and that's exactly what I do because I dont want to be SL

Because they're retards who probably got in because of some youtube when the main draw of Insurgency was the high lethality and minimal hud meant you need to visually confirm kills and always be on your guard.

You either need a crack team with a solid commander to get through it, or a horrible, horrible defending team. I think I've beaten it like 3 or four times.

Apache Snow is a fucking travesty as well, just a bogus steamroll for attackers.

Dong Ha and Mekong are all okay, but due to increased arty spreads compared to the smaller radius that RO2/RS1 had, makes it uncomfortable to play.

Green army men is fun, but charging 15 dollars for the other classes is some bullshit. Also leads to zero commanders in the mode half the time.

Why is it so unbelievable that one user would have a random problem? Whats he supposed to do? Click the server browser better?

>damage model all fucked up because it isn't balanced around 60hp
>reloading dumps the whole mag because we couldn't be bothered with making actual mags instead of ammo pool
No thanks, hardcore servers are only good to farm snipers and piss off everyone in the process.

Yeah lets play a mode that exacerbates most of BF4's problems, if only the BF community didn't have shit taste and ran Classic servers

Its called troubleshooting user

>post yfw the trees start screaming in vietnamese

Attached: 1546893274243.jpg (400x400, 22K)

A few of the points in Push were tiny as hell. Station B was the small room in the station that had little cover but gave mean you could easily stop any defender attempt to take back the point once someone controlled the top part. Revolt B also was just a room and a corrider but once you were capping that point you could set a molotov on the stairs and prevent any defender attempt, or just have an rpg ready at the stairs to spawnkill.

I played a bit as SL, it was fun but no one talks so I don't know if they are okay with the spots I spawn them into, they usually stick to the objective I tell them to gravitate around, so that's that at least.
I'd rather play as a grunt and be nice to the SL than play SL and have absolutely no feedback.

>He's never played Squad
Filled with the most try hards who kick you if you don't larp with them.

Many custom hardcore servers limit 2 sniper and 2 DMR slots per team.
Your other 2 complaints are laughable

Sure a few of the objectives were BS, but most of them were bigger than a single room and you had multiple ways to get into them.
I did, and I still do occasionally, never got into a squad with people acting like this.
I play on EU servers, so maybe that's why?

Why is the green army men thing a paid DLC now? That entire package, including its maps, were all free mods on the workshop a couple of months ago. What the fuck?

It's fun as fuck and good in general.

The only thing that pisses me off is tripwires laziness. A game like this should not have static environments. Nothing takes you out of the game more than seeing a patio umbrella take a rpg hit and remain untouched.

What means larping to you then retard? Actual larpers like Squadops are a minority in the community and actively mocked

Attached: boop.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

>Your other 2 complaints are laughable
>I'm just going to ignore your arguments because I can't think lmao
Fuck off to your shit gamemode, I'm glad they got rid of that trash in BF5 and made Classic the default.

Nobody larps in squad. Unless you think pointing out what direction the enemy shooting you from is larping.

Attached: 20190712_134623.jpg (720x231, 53K)

god karmakut is such a faggot

>I'm just going to ignore your arguments because I can't think lmao
Yeah, dude, highlight fucking ammo pool as a negative when entire RS2 plays like shit in comparison and feels like jank but at least you have accurately modeled mags and can spam rice memes with the whole lobby

>playing commander for the first time
>call in my very first spooky strike
>suddenly get the achievements for killing-someone with a tripwire, killing someone with a tripwire that was only half deployed and killing someone with their own tripwire

Attached: 1512689479879.png (600x580, 397K)

SUPPORT
THE
COMMUNITY
DEVS

I'm pretty sure that's what happened to GOM mutator. TWI implemented the K-50M, and turned the cosmetic changes into DLC, from the mod, which is now dead.

Havent played in a year but i put in about 120 hours and never experienced this. Unless by larping tryhards you mean kicking someone for taking a role and doing absolutely nothing with it wasting a slot.

Was that confirmed or just rumored?
I know owner was a fag and made it pop shit up on the steam browser but no one ever showed the sort of malware it supposedly had.

any gun thats not the AK74, M4/L85 or MG isnt worth using, all 7.62 AK variants are dog shit, G3 has bad sights Fal just gets outshoot by faster firing AK and M4 also has no scope variant, SKS is semi auto with small mag, marksnigger are a waste of a specialist kit, SMGs are also trash

>having to use a mic and have any coordination is larping
lmao go back to BFV

Its worse than RO2

Wish there were more options for rifleman, since it's the class most people play. I don't mean like scopes or bullshit like that. I didn't really have this issue in red orchestra 2 though, not sure why.

I'd probably care more if the game mode had staying power. It's really fun and goofy at first but RS is not meant to function on that level of verticality and lack of proper cover. When you can get shot from literally any angle it becomes a dysfunctional game.

>fucking ammo pool as a negative
Yes. Completely removing ammo and mag management by making it into a pool is a negative.
>entire RS2 plays like shit in comparison
>freeaim
>toggleable bayonet
>toggleable stock
>no shitty melee anim

You need to go back, you clearly enjoy the shitshow that is modern BF more than actual shooters.
If you feel like these aren't valid complaints you probably hate refractor era Battlefield and are what's wrong with this community.
Hopefully DICE sees what's wrong and purges their game from scum like you.
They've already started with the latest BF by removing shit elements, now onto ammo pool.

i feel the same, i've been playing since beta and have like 300 some hours and i just totally burned out on it a few months ago

i've tried to play again but i only last a few minutes before i quit

I don't understand these claims that RO2 is better, it always seems like these complaints come from Wehraboos. I have several hundred hours in RO2, RS and RS2. I've enjoyed them all equally.

Usually comes down to muh bolt actions.

>entire RS2 plays like shit in comparison
>freeaim
>toggleable bayonet
>toggleable stock
>no shitty melee anim

Lets start with horrible notworking and stuttering even at 100+ fps, nearly lobby I've been with active chat people are complaining about this. If game can't fix this nothing matters. This is what I mean by it plays like shit, not your autism details.
And don't pretend that RS2 is "an actual shooter". It's another military sim, with military "tactics" baked in.
If you want shooter you play games like quake or unreal tournament.

>SL since RO1
are you retarded

Attached: Shhh.jpg (605x826, 82K)

spoken like a true pogue lifer
if you don't pick rifleman/grunt exclusively, you're a big ol poof

>horrible notworking and stuttering even at 100+ fps
That's not a gameplay related issue, that's a technical one, and that's funny of you to bring up networking and stuttering while sucking off BF4 at the same time, I hope you remember the launch and the first year of that game and the shitshow it was.
>This is what I mean by it plays like shit
You got technical issues and are blaming the gameplay, got it.
That's not my fucking problem though, I never had these issues and I'm not your personnal tech support.
>If you want shooter you play games like quake or unreal tournament
What

I'm reading what I'm posting and I kind of feel like shit for posting it, sorry user I have to vent what you're saying annoys me and you clearly aren't that fluent in english either, I hope you can have a good time in BF4 or even RS2 if you manage to get past your issues.

>rs2 is a military sim
lolno

*sips*
Leningrad, now THAT was a map

Attached: Capture.png (1239x773, 1.43M)

>start moving
>get shot
>wait
>respawn
>repeat

REFUNDED

>not the 8v8 tank maps that were an open field
now that was quintessential ro1

thanks, u 2

>RO1 is dead
>the only mod that sometimes has players is Darkest Hour
>they ruined it by trying to turn it into Project Reality/Squad
I will never get the ostfront feel again

Attached: 2.webm (1000x562, 2.94M)

DEAD NIGGER STORAGE

What did they change? The mortars were a nice idea. Think the update fucked with all the old (and good) maps.

Added squads, rally points, logistics, building shit, building FOBs, roles limited to squads. All the shit you see in PR/Squad. It doesn't work with RO gameplay though and it's completely trash. One of the core strengths that Darkest Hour did extremely well was infantry combat and it had some insanely good infantry focused maps. Unfortunately when milsim fags invaded and this attempt to turn it into discount PR appeared it ruined the mod for absolutely everyone who was a human being and enjoyed what was once a well done mod.
Pic related, the clusterfuck that is an average map on Darkest Hour now. You get people scattered all around the map fighting around FOBs and rally points instead of having people and action focused around objectives.

Attached: Capture.png (652x644, 607K)

I wish I had a computer that could run this game :( I love vietnam settings

Oh dear, they reached a sweet spot with that mortar update. Shame. Wouldn't surprise me to find out 29ID faggotry was the sole drive behind this.

Attached: IMG_0512.jpg (687x684, 131K)

>kick stupid players constantly
>keep squad name consistent across all servers
>veteran players start recognizing my squad and we style on the enemy team every time

Still waiting on RO 3 to come out and save the RO WW2 series

If you like getting shot by people you can't see, you'll have fun

>best part of the game
>being left behind after obj gets captured
>take pot shots at enemy rushing past you and trap the surrounding area
>watch the enemy search patrols slowly closing in as your are on your last clip

>tfw the voice actor was an actual south Vietnamese war veteran, father to one of the developers in the RS2 dev team.

History buffs would applaud the northern and southern accents that they got right in the game's voice acting.