Are any of the Fable games worth playing? I remember watching reviews about them when they came out...

Are any of the Fable games worth playing? I remember watching reviews about them when they came out, but they were more about how Peter Molyneux lied about features.

Attached: w948tvywbn4.png (800x395, 547K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G20DvS01eKM&t=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1 + TLC expac.
2 was a big step down but if you want more fable then go for it. pretty sure it only got a 360 release though.
3 just pretend it doesn't exist.

When all the hype is said and done, they're still alright small package games. They pulled off feelings that more recent games like Amalur were trying but better, even though they're a bit less open.

Fable 1 was one of my favorite games back then, 2 and 3 werent nearly as good but passable I guess

1 and 2 are fun.

2 did a lot of shit better
>magic split into area and targeted effect, improvement over 1
>more open areas
>better, more nuanced economy
At the same time it also had weak plot that was is most parts a rehash of 1, no armor whatsoever and worse soundtrack. Still wouldn't call it downgrade, 8/10 would play as Lara Croft again

>reinstall TLC
>running it makes cpu run at 100% for some reason and game never starts
huh

Fable Lost Chapters is a pretty nice game. Not sure about the rest, but I always hear that they aren't as good as Lost Chapters.

The first two are fun and over the top adventure games with a bit of replay value. I also appreciate the fact that they can pull off light hearted without utterly torpedoing the tone.
Hardly high art, but probably worth it on sale.

Three has some interesting concepts but is a lot less entertaining, has damage sponge issues in late game and feels a lot more railroaded. It’s also where you can spot the blatant stunt casting for the VAs. That’s not to say they shined away from well known VAs before, but they felt a lot more natural in their roles.

why is only the first game on steam
fucking faggots

Damn, only Fable 1 is on PC. Guess I'm only playing that since I'm not going to buy a 360.

Attached: file.png (704x706, 242K)

lionhead studios? more like fuckhead studios

You're missing absolutely nothing with 2. I know people in this thread say it's okay but it's fucking not. Shit was terrible.

I'm still mad about that final boss and it's been like a decade.

What's so bad about 2? I liked it.

>2 involves a quest where you can NTR someone into suicide with an undead chick who’s under a misdirected love spell

Attached: A39F6239-7B5B-4AC1-BA1B-028379C043CB.png (300x900, 441K)

It's so hard finding fable r34.
I can't even find more than 10 lady grey.

The offensive magic was improved, but there wasn't really any support magic in 2. If I recall, there was time slow, a couple of summon ones and that was it.

Is there a way to coop play Fable III on PC without buying keys from reseller for 35 eurobucks ?
I know it's the worst one but it's the only one that have coop on PC.

They have a lot of British humour in them if you like that sort of thing.

3 has a quest where a dude wants you to fuck his wife so he can divorce her needy ass but you can add murder in the mix as well.

Windows Live Gaming still exists?

Don't think so.

3 is the only good one.

no sorry
that shit died years ago in 2013 or 14

Ah shits. Thanks man.

Theres a way to get around WLG i managed to do so 2 years ago after getting a new PC. It was terrible amount of time to get it to work but its possible. Been so long tho i forgot how i did it

there is an easy way to get the game to run and get all the dlc for free.
there's a video on youtube on how to do it and all the links still works so there is a consolidation price in that.

Nobody care about Fable r34.
JUST'ed

Attached: 1513564241896.jpg (1000x1067, 117K)

Still have the game on the 360, but wanted to play with a friend that is PC only. Thank you for the info still, it may help someone.

Play Fable 1, the original. The anniversary addition is shit.

its just dropping a dll file to the game folder lol

Time to be devilish, user.
Hunt down a commission whale, get them into the series and play the waiting game.

like 1's final boss was any good

only 7 shitty pics of Briar Rose.

call Shad.

Any news on Fable 4?

Play 1 TLC and then Fable 2. Ignore "Fable" 3 because it's a fucking disgrace that killed the series.

Attached: 509.jpg (1920x1080, 82K)

I always disliked how I couldn't stay a kid forever. I just want to be a shota wielding a sword as big as my whole body and dab on demons from the void.

1 was really good, and it's pretty cheap too.

3 is a decent game, I feel. Nothing extraordinary, but you won't have a shit time either. Don't listen to the jaded fucks here. It does it's job at entertaining you and there's some really funny quests here and there.

2 only got a 360 release, so I never got try it.

1 is garbage
2 is not on pc
3 is boring as hell

>even less weapon variety than Fable 1 which didn't even have shields, probably the main reason why they went with victorian instead of sticking to traditional fantasy
>your pet dog is redundant as the glowing trail of plot progression will work for digging up treasure now
>glowing trail of progression in a game that is a metroidvania but linear
>no dying so it is entirely possible to just flail about and press random buttons to win
>magic paired down to just a few spells
>dropped the hero guild and the idea of random generic quests
>game autosaves and overwrites your previous saves if you were unaware just what that one potion did, no way to go back to your character's original gender

>470119270
>1 is garbage
Bait.

Lionhead was shut down last I know. So zero hopes.

Why the fuck Lost Chapters isn't BC on Xone? One job Phil, one job and you still fucked up, i could be playing it on 4K right now but no, fuck you Phil

Attached: 07089780.png (500x416, 105K)

>Briar Rose
The fact that she got r34 JUST'ed make it even worse.

Attached: 1517784540990.jpg (500x465, 104K)

1 and 2 are, 3 is pretty boring and i never beat it because its just dull as hell.

Instead of stupid industrial revolution shit all Lionhead had to do was make the series set back into the Old Kingdom or at the beginning of the Heroes Guild with Nostro as the Guildmaster. What exactly was corrupt about the Old Kingdom that made the last Archon wish it's destruction? Were there nothing but murder orgies and demon worship in every household?

Attached: Spire_Old_Kingdom.jpg (768x432, 16K)

It's made by sumo digital

>game autosaves and overwrites your previous saves if you were unaware just what that one potion did, no way to go back to your character's original gender
Oh come on, there is absolutely no excuse to be caught off guard by that one.

The new Fable game better bring Minions back. An Iconic enemy never used again which is fucking stupid.

Attached: Fable_Anniversary_Wardog.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Attached: small change.jpg (1680x1050, 342K)

Why did Petey think that horrible grey filter in Fable 3 was a good thing?

the first, just for the knowledge that it exists

You can play it at 4k144hz on PC

Fable and Fable 2 were both great, both similar. The sequel changed some stuff for the better and some stuff for the worse. The first one has great DLC back when DLC was actually full expansions. I wouldn't play anything after 2 though.

Attached: Fable-Zapomniane-Opowiesci 211719,1.jpg (800x600, 47K)

yeah I've been fiddling with all settings and nothing could add the color back in the game, guess it was never there.
Guess there aren't any ENBs for Fable 3

Attached: let them eat cake.jpg (1680x1050, 400K)

They had to get cut because they were pretty good at presenting a challenge since they were better about blocking than even the upgraded bandits.

Is there a way to Play Fable 3 on PC? Seems impossible with all the shit you have to put into the game, and it doesn't work from what a lot people say. Is there a quick run down or a guide to get this shit working?

Attached: 1560272084802.png (500x467, 299K)

>Play Fable 3
Why would you wanna do that? It's horrible.

here's to the weekend user!
youtube.com/watch?v=G20DvS01eKM&t=

Attached: not quite a galleon.jpg (1680x1050, 524K)

Just download a torrent, install and play ? That's what I did, no problem to install. It was back on W7 though, so it may have changed with W10 maybe.

They kept cutting way too much to the point wolves and bats were main enemies in the third game. How fucking gay you were killing nymphs and dragons in the first game to that stupid shit in the last onen

3 was on steam but it was taken down
you should be able to find a copy online

That's not a sloop, not a galleon, what the fuck is that?

a carrack with stoopid steampunk pipes stuck to it

Attached: boaty mcboatface.jpg (560x560, 178K)

You guys think you can make a tabletop game out of Fable or some kind of R.P?

First one is pretty good.

>noticing the pipes and that ridiculous fucking steam wheel in the middle
Holy fuck who designed that abomination? You don't need Masts if a ship is steam powered.

Attached: 1561883922673.jpg (400x400, 33K)

apart from yelling GURPS it's probably still quite easily doable.
might bully /tg/ into thinking along one of these days.

Attached: also yes.jpg (1680x1050, 626K)

The undead chick could also potentially be your great-great-etc grandma depending on some shit in Fable 1

I hope they can make one
The map looks nice and it would be a shame it goes to waste considering there wont be a game for awhile

Attached: fable.png (900x900, 1.35M)

Uh, about that.

Attached: 8018391881_7487647ac6_o.jpg (2709x3277, 1.7M)

>no Fable game with all these regions
Fuck.

>Duplicate towns in opposite ends
>Knothole glade and island the map apart from each other

What did Lionhead mean by this?

That's hot.

Half a millenia of genetic seperation kinda takes the kink out of it but it is still a feat to brag about.

Imagine man
Lionhead is Lionhead friend

I love fable 1. Fable 2 was the last pre order I ever made in my life.

Don't get me wrong fable 2 improved on everything in the first game. It's hands down the better game on paper design wise. But the story and characters were fucking dog shit here let me refresh you...

>GATHER THE HEROES OF BLUE, RED, AND YELLOW
>GET SENT TO PRISON AND GET RAPED IN THE ASS FOR A YEAR OR 2
>BRING HEROES TOGETHER AND BEAT A FLOATING TRIANGLE
>WATCH YELLOW HERO KILL VILLAIN
>YOU DOG DEAD
>THAT IT

Haven't played 2 or 3 so dunno about those but 1 aged really poorly.

Albinites are morons and should bow to their french speaking masters.

>>GET SENT TO PRISON AND GET RAPED IN THE ASS FOR A YEAR OR 2
That was the first game. The second, you spend some time in Lucien's Army to figure out what he's planning.
>>WATCH YELLOW HERO KILL VILLAIN
You do realize you could shoot him, right?

Ya toy find out what he is doing the first day and get raped in the ass the other days of thr year. Great plan...

>second point
Are you an autistic shit and take everything that literal. I was making humor dumbass. The point is the villain dies in one hit you autistic retard.

2 and 3 are 10/10s if you play without the golden trail and actually explore

>Ya toy find out what he is doing the first day and get raped in the ass the other days of thr year. Great plan...
You needed to save the magic man.
>Are you an autistic shit and take everything that literal. I was making humor dumbass. The point is the villain dies in one hit you autistic retard.
Who's the one with tard rage now? Lucien was just some rich guy. What did you expect, a cthulu spiral monster?

I really like the art on the covers for the games

CHEESE.

All 3 of them are comfy as fuck and worth a playthrough.

Fable 1 is worth playing multiple times. The others are hot trash.

So who is going to fug Polly?

Attached: Polly.png (837x478, 506K)

Me.

based

I enjoyed all three since I did not listen to the hype so I had no expectations. Fable 1 had the best combat system while Fable 2 was the most addicting for me.

As for Fable 3, the king decisions were nice but I wish they had more options such as replacing child labor with adult labor instead of turning a factory into a school.

I recently did a playthrough of the entire trilogy and i can tell you that all 3 of them are painfully average in every way. 3 being the shittiest because they removed pretty much all build variety and customization. If you can get over the disgusting character models in the first game id recommend that one over all others if you had to play one. But honestly i wouldnt recommend playing any of them.

Based poorfags

Plowed the snot outta Polly

1 is a must play
2 if you enjoyed 1
3 no

Bump