Super Mario Maker 2 Level Shilling

Japanese """"""""""""""""ingenuity""""""""""""""""""" edition

Previous thread Post your levels, critique others, complain about dogshit levels you've seen.

Attached: mm2.jpg (1600x800, 266K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rVkJg9O4tevTf_zOZBFWBkRDsONpLmjpqgKRNvYcLxo/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=GBPbJyxqHV0
youtu.be/in6RZzdGki8
youtube.com/watch?v=yE9VBga7C4w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Snake blocks can be used in very cool ways but everyone's gonna use them in the shitty boring level-killing way so overall they're a net negative

Post 'em.

Attached: anchor.jpg (570x457, 32K)

>Japanese """"""""""""""""ingenuity"""""""""""""""""""
うんハハ私はこのレベルで本当に一生懸命働いた

Attached: super expert.png (760x612, 297K)

Please learn the meaning of the words 'shill' and 'shilling'.
They are not synonymous with the words 'share' and 'sharing'.

Masterlist: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rVkJg9O4tevTf_zOZBFWBkRDsONpLmjpqgKRNvYcLxo/edit?usp=sharing

Last shilling of the night. Gonna try and play everyone’s levels here more often starting tomorrow because I feel like I don’t do it enough.

NEW

Ancient Whirlpool Temple
SJK-24J-SMG
>This isn’t too long a level since water levels in Mario tend to drag if they go on for too long. It’s all about using the whirlpools to dodge enemies in some cases, and avoiding them to avoid getting pushed into enemies or spikes in others.
Wigglerbush Garden Trek
BK5-0FJ-LFF
>This is a much more simple and casual stage than the past few stages I’ve created, and is the 1-2 of the campaign I’m cobbling together. I tried to use the NSMBU ground theme in a way that somewhat detracts from the generic feel of this theme in particular, so I went for a garden theme instead of a regular ground stage.
Bowser’s Sky Thwomp Fortress!
BC2-G4S-TBG
>This is my longest level so far, and I definitely think I went a little bit overboard. I tried to make it feel like you were exploring a smaller scale version of the castle on the outside portion, with inside portions that were much bigger, making it almost feel like a world map. I tried my best but I’d love some criticisms for this one.

OLDER LEVELS

>Desert Chomplex
F18-4VF-54G
>Overgrown Mushroom Cloudtops
9YP-PFS-6QF
>Dry Fish Sewers
FWH-10N-8WG
>Bounce and Swing Jungle
STM-RKD-M9G
>Dreamy Sandship Dunes
7N5-Y6V-1TG

Attached: 98829092-D597-46CA-B3BF-7271ABADF9CA.jpg (1280x720, 259K)

>I worked really hard on this level
Yeah, I'm sure it took them a lot of work to just spam a bunch of spikes.

Alright how do you have the track gizmo not have a stopping point so that anything traveling on it just fall off?

just tap the square at the end

Click the stopping point at the end, and it will disappear.

I suffered through a dozen bad NSMB stages so I wanted to make a good one. As in just authentic, fair and fun to platform through.

9LV-GTB-GPG

Give it a shot if you want something normal and actually fair.

It's sleep time shilling time

>Timer attack
SQ4-43K-93G

Not a time attack course, but a test against time. A test of how to implement a timer for stages

>Spin to Win
D0V-9JJ-CDF

Spin jump heavy course, not too hard

>Spin 2 Win
NX6-5L8-B0H

The revisited version of the previous course, now without easy mode powerups and more reliant on spin jumping

Since these levels have such a small clear ratio I'm thinking making a normal level might be a good idea to boost the others. How do you make it so the music (Galaxy, 64, sunshine, etc) follows you all the way from a certain section?

Attached: 1556633804957.png (1182x690, 815K)

Man 3D World seriously limited aesthetic-wise and object-wise. Losing the ability to use semi-solids and ground decorations for theming is a huge pain in the ass. It doesn’t bother me too much since you can do so fucking much with the other themes this time around but honestly they should’ve just doubled down on the old ones, 3D World feels so half-assed in comparison. I’ve made a bunch of levels in the other styles and only occasionally try and experiment with 3D World only to finish the level and feel unsatisfied with it or give up halfway through because it just doesn’t feel fun to play.

Attached: 5558B258-E08F-4942-B6B3-11992D7D38FB.png (325x224, 61K)

>NSMB

Attached: 1562719253071.png (500x356, 457K)

That's fair. It's literally my only one I made because I dislike the art style.

>read the post
>still jump around for like 10 seconds looking for bullshit
Nice, simple level.

W2M-FM8-GPG

Mario gets a call about a broken furnace. Get down there and see what you can do about it.

Attached: more like funace.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

I'm a honest man, user.

Attached: late nights.gif (214x214, 1.27M)

>3D World has expansion blocks
>They're too big to be used for fun interactions with other objects
>Exclusive
>World had yellow blocks that could expand themselves on many ways, would be fun to play with
>Not implemented

Attached: 1556221910076.jpg (466x617, 289K)

Heres my creations so far:

Treacherous skyway
F7C-S0W-2MF

Speen to ween
SLL-8YT-JPG

Fun house of displeasure
J8R-JT2-RGB

Trials of power
69L-Q0B-QWG

Still working on my Piranha Plant/Dry Bones Desert tomb level, so I'll just repost my first one.

0D9-42R-TSF Parabeetle Plunge: Parabeetles don't care if you ride them, but step lively! It's a long fall.

I played your new stage which led me to your ufo stage and it was awesome.
It's the only 3 minute long autoscroller i've never hit like to

SQG-P1Y-T0G

Attached: 4b9Nzf7.png (500x330, 172K)

Bit Crusade 3 is the sequel to the two full games (1-1 to 8-4) I created within Mario Maker 1, reminiscent of traditional Mario levels, and (eventually) utilizing all 5 game styles. Meant to be played in sequence as an adventure game, starting at the 1-1. There's secrets to find, alternative pathways and other goodies as well. Try to find all 5 Power Pepperonis hidden in each stage to access the super secret bonus room at the end of each level.

You can either start here:
1-1: Start of a New Journey V61-WT5-DPG

Or if you've been keeping up:
World 2
2-1: DoubleJump Dunes 5HF-BVH-2JF
2-2: Cloud Town GT6-3MG-SYG
2-3: Pipe Mill Plaza 4VM-N1M-83G

Give em a go, I'm usually pretty good about leaving feedback here and on the game itself. Reply to this with some stages you want played and I'll prioritize those, otherwise I pick through the thread at random. If you complete the entire first world reply to this with what you thought or anything you find that's busted and I'll play all your levels, and if I find one I really like I'll make a webm of part of it to showcase it.

Workin hard on 2-4, but I'mma take a break for a bit to play some more levels.

Time to give those new ones a whirl.

I'll play this one too I've seen it in the thread a bunch but haven't gotten to it yet.

Question for the thread to generate discussion:

You can add any ONE music track from ANY Mario game to be used in your stages, whether it be mainline, spinoff, or what have you. What do you pick?

For me it'd be youtube.com/watch?v=GBPbJyxqHV0

Attached: 1410393985901.gif (390x219, 2M)

ever hit like to*

Spooky Woods. Flooded forest level with ghosts, dry bones, fish bones, etc. Also has a second half with rising and falling poison
847-833-YMF

Two levels that aren't mine but enjoyed.

Space journey: SBY-BSS-GRF, SMB3 style. Some tricky platforming in the first part, and the level actually gets easier as it goes on.

Forsaken Pyramid: GT6-31F-8FF, SMB1 style. A traditional level focused on long horizontal stretches. Even damage boosting is fun here.

how do I make objects on tracks jump onto other tracks

Not bad at all. The speedy autoscroll caught me off guard!

this is literally on the frontpage of /r/hentai_irl
have some shame user

Gotta tap the square on the end of the track. That's what normally makes something bounce back the other way. Then just line up a new track for it to land onto.

If I remember correctly, playing a spring under the track will help lift it onto another one. But I'm not 100% sure.

It’s so fucking frustrating because 3D World has so much potential too. Stuff like the way thwomps work, those expanding blocks, beep blocks, moving blocks, piranha creepers, clear pipes, trees, and the cat powerup are really neat, but it lacks the depth the other styles to pair those ideas with. There’s also a lot of baffling exclusions too like dotted line blocks, one way gates, enemy stacking, fucking TRACKS, and a metric fuckton of other enemies and gizmos.

How much onions do I have to consume daily to become a nintendr0n3? Is autism a prerequisite also? Not sure I can meet that requirement

Seriously? Descartes and all?

BHV 5J9 XNG

Easy Autoscoller where you beat up NERD wizards.

Post your maker code

Autism comes naturally to shitposters, so you already meet that requirement.

Just got done last night with Adventures in Avarice II. It's an exploration-based level about collecting coins. Would appreciate feedback or tips. Enjoy!
>Course ID: 63F-PB1-JGF

Attached: D_LtW2xUcAAplHY (1).jpg (1280x720, 126K)

I keep seeing the same people from here and it's kind of cool

levels, not sure if great.
2R6-6M3-J8G Speedrun level. Experimenting with some things.

82J-TCV-72G golden sun tribute, needs some adjustment.

BCQ-46G-Y6G escape from piranha castle. Nice scroller.

46R-H3T-5KG troll level. Just frustrating

213-B5Q-DFG haunted challenge, collect the coins from the challenges and beat the boss.
Newest
G9L-PRJ-KPF bomb-omb puzzels.
Use the bombs to clear a path.

Glad you liked it user! auto scrollers are a hard sell so tried to put a unique enough spin on it

Sharing the same level from last thread .
I based it on 2hu have fun. although it's kinda long.
T4M-XK9-GPG

Attached: 9.png (269x233, 85K)

The autoscroll was fair and fun. Only complaint is that when you are on the loop with the two big coins it's easy to set on the next platform, making it dissapear. It can spawn again so it's no big deal

Like I'd waste money on a single nintendo product lol. Shiggy diggy

FUCK wizards and FUCK people who don't like this level.

I’m happy there’s a bit of community in these threads without it descending into attention whoring and dick sucking certain creators for clout. Almost everybody seems pretty cool here.

>0
That is nice that you check up on that; did you play the level though?

I just like making levels and sharing them. People shouldn't come to an anonymous imageboard for notoriety.

My Prison Break with Big Koopab story level got really popular overnight and had a huge explosion of comments (and a few likes which was nice). Feels good man. If you haven't already played it, check it out:
>J22-5G5-JKF

Also made a new standard Mario level yesterday if you like themed levels that you can speed run but also explore a bit as well:
>Slippery Spiketop Summit
>4XS-LRM-PSF

Unfortunately I'm busy working today so can't play all your levels but hopefully you enjoy mine. Have fun Boyz.

it's a level alright. no boo. no heart

you're asking a player to spend a ton of time in your level

SilentTron is one of the best players here.

>my level has maintained a solid 33% Like ratio since it was uploaded
>deep into triple-digit plays and it has not deviated from this ratio at all
The ratio has remained so stable its almost suspicious. I had exactly 50 likes and 150 plays at one point.

Attached: ludovico.jpg (500x323, 54K)

It's all bots user. No real people are playing your course.

post it and we can all boo it and see what happens

Gonna shill my spacestation themed exploration level from another thread:
236-Y26-4LG

Will play some of your Yea Forums bros levels when I get the chance.

Attached: melrio.png (196x197, 34K)

Recreation of the level from this video: youtu.be/in6RZzdGki8

Annoying troll level. Very hard. Hidden blocks everywhere. Don't attempt it if you're a weak ass bitch.

Attached: IMG_20190712_031854.jpg (4032x3024, 1.71M)

Holy shit I crushed that record. From 4:23 to 1:54.

Having a Thwromping Good Time!: DVT-87B-NFF

SMB3 style, puzzle solving. Hope you got good timing.

Beat it. It wasn't that bad for me to be honest. Maybe it's because I've been watching that guy's videos for years and to a certain degree knew what to expect. You should make the others as well. Would definitely play them too.

Was the guy who was shilling the Hot Courses tab last thread trolling? I just played a handful of levels there and they were all hot garbage. How does the algorithm determine if your course is "hot"? Do you get a notification if your course makes it to "Hot" or "Popular"?

Hot probably does mean hot garbage.

FUCK FUCK FUCK

Im making a new course, but its using the skeleton of my other course. Its compeltely different, but it wont let me upload because its already been uploaded as my earlier track

how do I make it a "new" one without doing everything over?

Attached: 1537752256810.png (225x225, 5K)

YOU FUCKED UP SON

Attached: 1562795659909.gif (128x128, 175K)

the nuke button, just save as

Huh, so that's why I'm glad I didn't edit my first level and started from scratch. Sorry you had to learn the hard way, man.

Edit it and save it as another course. I've done this before with one of my courses, as people were complaining about it being too long. Long story sort I cut it into several levels.

That’s why it’s a relief it hasn’t devolved into what most communities on this website. Nobody feels the need to make a name for themself.

I did that, but now what

>make you do something for a mushroom and then go into a pipe
>free mushroom in a box on the other side
please don't do this

A lot of waiting if you fail, otherwise a fun course.

The main problem with 3D world is that everything is made for 3D platforming, as in, blocks are big to ensure safe footing, creeper piranha plants are big so you can land on them easily, and more details like that. Big elements like those take too much space in a 2D platformer

I really hope they implement more things as DLC because there's so much that can be done
>All the missing SMB3 enemies and powerups
>The missing SMW gizmos like the blade you could spin jump on, the blocks that let you run into walls, the P balloon, etc. Also the different colored koopas, I want to be able to make levels based on Yoshi's interaction with shells, those were the coolest levels

Attached: 1551416878392.jpg (800x800, 67K)

save it to a new slot and then you're fine

its in a new slot, but I still cant upload it

Yeah...you fucked up my dude.

I wish you could message people in game.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I DONT WANT TO WORK ON THIS ALL OVER AGAIN

Attached: 1553881456796.jpg (495x362, 17K)

That’s usually the sign of a solid course, levels rarely go above that like ratio past a certain point because there’ll be countless kids that skip your level if they die once.

oh i'm sorry, you're fucked

You could spinjump on grinders in the original Super Mario World as well, you didn't use to need Yoshi. Sucks that they changed it in SMM.

Does anyone know any styluses that the Switch screen will respond to? I tried using my 3DS stylus but it didn't work and I'd rather not be using my finger to place hundreds of blocks or deal with the awful analog controls in the grid system. I would assume a rubber-tip stylus might work but I'd like to know for sure.

Yeah, I can see what you’re getting at. Honestly I would’ve preferred them shrink some of the objects now that you’ve pointed it out, or they could’ve at least given the option to.

It'll be okay user. We all wanna play your level, so keep at it.

You have to use a capacitive stylus.

>new courses
>get a good one
>steal every wr from the person who created it

I knew something was up! I tried adding them for a section to a spin jump heavy stage posted here in the thread and being completely shocked when spin jumping.didnt work

Any stylus like this that has the squishy rubber nub at the end. Capacitive stylus

Attached: A09008.jpg (500x500, 10K)

>tfw finally came up with another course idea

Attached: 1555625343083.jpg (1024x768, 80K)

Yeah, you also can't spin jump on podoboos anymore, sadly. I originally tried to make a level like yours, a castle filled with nothing but grinders. I mean, I did manage to rig something up with Yoshi, but it wasn't the same, you know? Maybe they were afraid it would render a lot of obstacles obsolete or something, don't know. Shit still feels wack tho.

Attached: Untitled.png (204x237, 79K)

I came up with a clever flooded forest level while I was in the pool the other day. Sometimes you find inspiration IRL.

Cool, thanks for confirming anons. I can get one pretty cheap and easy at work but I have the weekend off so I'll have to wait a few days, guess I'll play courses until then and gather ideas.

why cant I copy/paste my course onto another fresh level

I dont have the patience to copy everything

Attached: 1540099537030.jpg (680x1102, 101K)

>Upload a popular level
>1000s of messages saying PLAY MY LEVEL
no thanks xDDDD

why do you need to

if you copy/paste it i'll play it and maybe get a decent time if it's fun

Because then you could just make one amazing level and reupload it several times with ease for incredibly easy Likes.
It makes sense, even if it's annoying.

I've been whittling down a 20sec speedrun to frame perfect with someone else, it'd be nice to communicate with people like that

Stop making such long levels please.

>SMW style ghost house
>Try to spin-jump off a boo because you can do that in SMW
>Take damage and die
As someone who knows SMW and its original mechanics very well, I was shocked and confused. I can understand why they'd remove that ability but being able to bounce off of enemies like that was half of the spin jump's utility, not to mention it would lead to some great level designs.

Hmmm... you could add their switch friend code, their in game friend code, then add them on the switch mobile app, then you could communicate that way? It's easy, user!
Just kidding, I get you. It would be cool if the option was there, but Nintendo will never risk it again...not after last time...

You can't even do that.

Last time?

Attached: No.png (825x539, 721K)

Remember to mass boo jap levels.

The Shells Beyond the Ice
CY7-LK5-OKF

I'm just experimenting with creating atmosphere. I'm not a very inventive person, so a lot of the challenges get repeated, I feel like. It's not a hard level by any means since I usually try to make levels that are just standard Mario platforming, but it's definitely a degree or two more difficult than my other levels which were cakewalks.

Please leave some feedback about the level. I just want to not be shit at this at some point in the future and embracing criticisms and plugging away is all I can think to do.

Attached: 1561358198021.png (975x1695, 1.16M)

wow, its so much for fun making an easy going level than a kaizo

kaizo streamers have tainted me

Just started making levels today. Nothing special, but would appreciate some likes and criticism.
YJD-XD1-09G
C95-82R-5HG

Attached: 1559245122590.png (718x673, 490K)

Whirlpool temple and Wigglerbush Garden are both lovely stages. They both look good and play great. Whirlpool in particular I really like since I have a huge hard on for water levels. Also that fucking ending with the fish bones almost made me crap my pants didn't expect it hahaha

Glad I finally got around to this one. It's fun. I think you nailed that plumber on the job kinda feel with how it looks.

This ones pretty fun so far, I'm playing it now and it plays great, gonna knock out some more on your profile

Attached: I got a call about the furnace.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

Same, I'm very familiar with SMW's mechanics, it's my favorite game of all time. They fucking nerfed spin jump to hell and back.

I mean, at least we can circumvent some of it by adding spinneys to their heads or something, but I like being able to break certain elements of levels. Hell the cape feather alone lets you skip entire fucking levels. You want to talk broken, then look no further than the cape feather.

I kind of want to copy that night sky level posted last night, but I don't know how to do something unique enough to where I'm comfortable w/ it.

I had to move a room between maps the other day to free up some doors and use warp pipes instead - total ballache. Multigrab is pretty dogshit, too, with semisolids usually throwing it for a loop

>multiple meowsers
>pipe runs into a goomba for an auto-hit with a pipe giving them power ups 2 seconds later
Don't do that.

>try expert
>expect challenging platforming challenges and fun, memorable levels
>get kaizo blocks, enemy diarrhea, and frustrating bullshit
I thought Nintendo fixed this?

Can't fix people user. Maybe in a month or so the whole "boo" thing will work out but it's just all trash right now.

Oh I guess you don't know.
There's been a gamefaqs group since the start of mm1 where they circle jerk and star each others levels no matter what.

So will ANYONE figure out how to clear this level or will Nintendo remove it before the mystery is solved?

There's clearly some kind of glitch involved, but only 1 person (probably the OP's smurf account) has been able to figure it out.

Attached: D_QsWtLU0AAeDEx[1].jpg (1200x675, 76K)

I mean you aren't supposed to use the pipe. Thats why both sides have openings to climb/walljump up.

the whole boo thing just inspires a lot of paranoia from me

someone plays my level and didnt complete it? i bet that MOTHER FUCKER boo'd it just because he didn't know how to fucking blow up a rock wall with a flame car, the asshole, the absolute bastard scumbag

guy plays my new course twice and fails to clear and then it never gets replays? son of a bitch i see where you died, you died because you SUCK how dare you boo me for you sub 100 maker point scrub

Glad you liked both the levels. Wish I could’ve done more with Whirlpool but the way the tornado enemies work are actually sorta limited so I tried to work some other elements and tried to really make it pop out with semi-solids in there to keep it somewhat interesting.

>doesn't complete your course
>Likes it anyways
>leaves a funny drawing as a comment
the real mario makers
mario making my fuckin day

Attached: 1559678330820.png (345x337, 128K)

Do you need the switches paid online service to play and share mariomaker levels?

I miss the old days of lunar magic but paid online is unacceptable

>completes your course
>grinds wr
>boo's it

You do but it's 10 bucks for a year if you buy the game.
Also the "old days" of lunar magic? Lunar magic has never been more popular than today.

>yfw noone plays your levels

Attached: meat.jpg (1023x1134, 60K)

Fair enough, but it's still awkward. Forcing damage for taking a path offered to you with no recourse isn't great. Keep the goomba there, but make it avoidable. Not easy, but avoidable. As for the speedrun, I enjoyed that as well. Not sure why you gave a cape and then had forced damage again once you go through the key door when nothing would have been the same outcome. But for first levels they are by no means awful.

Squishy styluses suck, they're inaccurate and the elasticity swallows up fine motions.

I tried redeeming the steam key you just posted but it didnt work. What game was it for?

>Desert Chomplex
Loved the theming and pacing, it felt really natural. Plus the Bowser Jr. fight was pretty unique.

You're right, that was pretty fun. The first half was fun to speedrun and the second half was pretty good too.

>Timer attack
really cool concept, but some parts just weren't clear. I had no idea what to do with the shellmet after the piranha plant spinjumps. so idk, maybe I'm just too retarded to finish it. A solid effort

>Treacherous skyway
The beginning part with the pow block was great, but the meowser part just had too many enemies

That was really cool. The vine section was a bit annoying, but it was overall very good.

>
1-1 Pretty good, loved the mushroom platforms against the black background aesthetic.
1-2 The best one imo, nicely paced.
1-3 Not a big fan of water levels, so I was a bit biased but it was still really good. The block puzzle aspect was nice.
1-4 Great theming. The boss fight was also really unique.
Overall each level was really good and it's damn impressive that you've already made 2 full games. Great work!

>2R6-6M3-J8G
The first part was really impressive, but man are those sawblades with the swinging crane jumps rough.

>4XS-LRM-PSF
Great theming and lots of fun. Short and sweet too which I like.

see if you want to play my stuff
and happy making anons!

Attached: 1556987163375.jpg (586x619, 37K)

Post 'em again. There's so many levels in these threads that I miss a lot, even when I try to hit as many as I can. It may be obnoxious to some, but I genuinely want to play almost all the levels you guys make.

last shill before bed

Treasure of the sierra madre v.2.0 MFK-228-DGG

please dont cheese the spike tunnel, the clown car is there for a reason

S8K XV3 MYG
Based on stephen kings IT. It takes place in the last chapter of the novel where you confront pennywise in the sewers. It has some platforming and an abstract kind of boss.

TH4 VC9 3JF
This one is a comfy snow level based on the Banjo Kazooie world Freezeezy Peak. The jiggies are big coins and you have to find all ten to finish the level.

KHD CND VXF
This level is manly vertical and you get chased by rising lava. It contains fast platforming, some puzzle segments and a bone boat ride.

Attached: 25D9B420-83CB-4A22-9F71-A355BC5C550F.jpg (952x675, 151K)

Don't know if this FELS guy is here but thanks for playing my level even though I didn't post the code in the thread

Look up how to get a free .edu email and get 6 months of Amazon Prime for free and then you can get a year of Nintendo Online for free

Definitely noted. Thanks
How did you get the 5th coin without the cape? My original intention was to spin fly up to hit the block. Which I assumed the cape was needed.

>some cats in a castle
The double Meowser thing is really annoying and I also felt like the goomba pipe was a "gotcha." I actually ran up the wall without using the pipe first and my hitbox was still big enough to hit the goomba. So it just felt like a damage check, which seemed kind of pointless.

The donut block platforms were spaced kind of oddly, I felt. Like they're at just the right awkward levels where you end up wall jumping if you try to go up them normally and the bullet bills, plus Meowser fireball spam, made using the bullets to jump kind of awkward with periods of just waiting around for the air clearance.

It was an alright level though, I suppose. Short and to the point, which I guess was fine. Didn't really seem like much to latch onto.

>Aqua Maze

Liked the concept, but it felt like a lot of "gotcha" and trial and error. With such a short time limit, the first mushroom is obviously supposed to be a trap since like 4 of the 5 coins need tight crouch jumping or being mini. There's also a feather that kind of just fucks everything up since the mini check just makes you super Mario past the second sawblade because of the trampolines, so you need to awkwardly wait for the invuln to end to shrink a second time. Which obviously kills your time and you'll time out. All of this if you grabbed the feather. So it feels a little too much trial and error for me, but I liked the concept at least.

In case any of you hate yourselves, here's a recreation of Desert Bus:
>K5H-KY2-LJF
At least the build quality is good... right?
Will put out an actual level tonight that I've been working on, just mainly wanted to get to grips with the mechanics and possibilities. Kinda bummed about the 500s timer, I was aiming to make this at least 50% longer

Someone asks almost everynight for people struggling to get plays to respond.
We're interested. We might boo the shit out of you and tell nobody to play it. But we're still interested.

>The beginning part with the pow block was great, but the meowser part just had too many enemies
Well, the reason for that was because any other way was either too easy or too hard. Believe it or not there were originally two meowsers and the gwarg blarghs were not intended to enter there, but i decided two leave it as is.

Just jumped through the one tile gap on the left hand side, the cape being there makes a lot more sense now that you mention that. If that's the case then the cape should be there, you just didn't account for people doing things a little differently.

Appreciate the honesty, also feel free to boo, as id gladly take the criticism.

Here are mine.

Meant to reply here

>people play your levels but they can't beat them

Attached: 1417910762064.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

iktf
i'll beat yours if you beat mine

The airship one?

Someone has already discovered glitches? Why are autismos so obsessed with this shit?
>IF YOU SPIN AROUND AND PRESS UP AND DOWN LEFT RIGHT A B START IN 2 SECONDS YOU WILL PHASE THROUGH WALLS LIKE RADICAL LARRY

Oh so you haven't seen the teleporting cannons

So what's the point then? If no one else wants to play their bullshit but the same people, why even bother trying to game the system? Everyone will just end up skipping super expert because their autism levels show up. I hope these people die of horrible diseases.

Show me. That sounds great.

No, I have not. Probably because I avoid super expert like the plague

I really like your levels and find it difficult to think of anything to criticize. Can't wait too see where the lift at the end of 2-3 will take me.

It would be nice if you gave this level a spin:

Doors of Time
M7Q-SYY-P1H

The goal is to use the doors to reverse time and carry a bomb through the entire level.

I also have a lot of other good courses you haven't played yet, please give them a try as well.
Just avoid the newest one, it's legit terrible.

Classic rainforest (PKL-B47-6RG)
If 3DWorld had a 2D castle level (KT9-HD8-8XF)
The pyramid of Tutankhoopa (Y7H-SGH-X3G)
Infested sewers (LTP-CRG-55G)
A Song Of Ice And Fire (JLQ-1ML-NMG)
aMAZEing TREASURE HaUNTed house (1S1-HP4-7HG)

Doors of Time
M7Q-SYY-P1H
Use magic doors to turn back time.

Starfall Plains
845-PDG-DPF
A level with a cool meteor shower effect.

Trick Track Tundra
LYF-NDK-1SG
Challenging level that uses tracks in a clever way to create unique obstacles.

Desert God's Ritual
VFF-HHK-RRF
Sacrifice your life to the desert god.

I hear some popular users are outright copying levels and posting them. I mean, it is just a game, but it shows how little creativity some of them actually have if they need to steal ideas just for likes.

Newest
>SMB1.5: 2-1 Spiny Sands
4QP-GY9-5CG

Shmups
>Super Shmup Bros. 1 & 2
NWC-L96-RWF
0DR-KYK-BGF

My best course:
>SMB1.5 1-4 Floaty Fortress
RVN-YBQ-2QG

Any feedback on my shit is appreciated

Been playing Speen to Ween for a minute now. Difficult but I don't feel cheated with anything. The spin jump onto the piranha plant is maybe a little too tough? I get what you're supposed to do but I'd assume it's too tight for a lot of people.

The difficulty is the reason i left it in, reluctantly, but i felt like it would be hard to replace without making it too easy. The secret is looking at how it bounces so you know when to jump.

>people trying to get e-celeb status are thieves and liars
Not surprised, it'll be a big deal in the community eventually.

I like it, if there wasn't a checkpoint 30 seconds before it I'd be a little more annoyed. I'm just saying for the average player knowing you need a little distance as well as timing might turn them off.

W3D-Y7J-T5G

i think this stage has a pretty fun boss fight at the end, ust stay to the left and you'll beat it. Two paths to complete the sublevel.

any ideas are welcome. Really want input on how to make the player use Monty to climb the sublevel.

Attached: ajgettinghisshitin.gif (200x200, 1.1M)

>make easy level
>8% clear rate

What the fuck is wrong with people. I just wanted to try making a traditional easy course and this happens.

Am i retarded and its too hard?

Someone tell me what i’m doing wrong.

1V4 JFN 6JF

Most of the current player base is so bad that I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't beat any 2d mario game.

its a very shitty level user

>playing endless
>fairly normal level, though a bit sloppily designed and things are just kinda thrown in
>suddenly wall before the flagpole and a pipe
>go in
>Castle subworld
>Giant Meowser boss fight, he has a key
>red pipe with Fire Flowers in it, they're the only way to hurt him
>have to sit around for a minute spamming fireballs since while Meowser dicks around offscreen
Every time
Why is this so common

Attached: 1532710911374.jpg (624x670, 74K)

New Level. Pretty easy level about fighting an evil genie.
>Wrath of the Djinn
VM0-RW7-28G

Other levels that are hard but fair.
>The Crystal Mines of Jupiter
8SC-P1S-61H
>The Phantom Battleship
B19-J8R-2JG
>Conquest of the Sky Castle
QT4-CC0-6QF

Attached: evildjinn.png (780x507, 323K)

most people have no idea how to handle boss fights. probably never played up to the meowser fight in the story either.

It's essentially Murphy's Law. If there is a hazard, someone will die to it. The hazards will work 100% of the time.

The clear rate was based on one person. I checked what kind of levels he has made and they were both dash levels. He probably died a lot trying to rush through the level.
The level is very easy and well put together. Mario maker players are pretty bad though, so don't expect a clear rate higher than 25%.

For comparison, this level has a 10% clear rate:
Forgotten Forest
7ST-81M-3PF

If there's an easy level and I'm not in Endless Mode, I try and blaze through it at mach speed. I'll probably hit a bunch of dumb shit 2/3 times, but because it doesn't matter, I'm happy to do it to try and get a good time

8% is a pretty reasonable clear rate. My levels are either fairly challenging but very short, or longer and moderate difficulty, and they're all sitting within a few percentage points of that.
You gotta take into account that there are a lot of literal children playing who don't really know what they're doing.
Plus I think people underestimate the difficulty of their levels. By the time you're doing the clear check you've probably failed each one of your own obstacles a fair number of times and learned how to do them. I think if I played my own levels blind it could easily take me 5 attempts or so and that's already only 20%.
Though now that I've played your level it really is incredibly easy, not sure why it would have such a low clear rate. Only problem I can see is there's semi-blind jumps in one or two places if you take the high route, including an early one into a pit, but they're entirely optional so it's not that much of a problem. In a level like this though you could fix it by keeping everything in the level below the halfway point, if you do that it locks the camera vertically so you can always see the ground.

There's also the fact that normal and easy endless only give five lives. A lot of players will be out of lives after a few tries, and none of them will return to beat the level.

what are some good mario maker streamers to watch? i like trihex, he is calm and has a good sense of humour, he used to browse here I think.

I made this level
RKL-209-R1H
It's not finished though. The idea for the final level is that you go through the level at day time looking for red coins, then go through it again with the lights off looking for keys. I want to know if the level layout is good enough that going thought it in the dark will be doable without being frustrating.

Chance of Hail:
RNW-03C-9JF
Sky bouncing, claw swinging, and a bit of ice.

Soles of the Departed:
C80-VJX-WJG
Shoe bouncing over danger in an attempt to escape damnation.

Sole Redemption:
TMX-MSV-VXG
Continue the journey and defeat some bosses to save your sole.

Ascending Sole:
7XM-NHB-MRF
Complete the trilogy! Bounce through the clouds to reach the golden path.

Brinstario Abridged
3V9-KDQ-FTF
Upgrades optional. Now with bonus "Kraid"!

Defeat the Fleet
8D1-MTQ-HJG
Give those bombers a taste of their own medicine!

The Fall of K-2L (NEW)
WMJ-T66-41G
- too late - us . . . - mustn't escape! Detonate - afloraltite! >R. Aran

>tfw the only level that boomed in popularity (100 likes and 300+ plays) is based on the same concept as one of the story mode levels
worst part is that I hadn't played that level yet when I made mine, but now I can't help but feel that someone will think I aped that level.

I think it'd be fine. I've been waiting for someone here to post a lights on lights off version of the same level.
The podoboos might be a little tight but you gave a ton of powerups. It's simple enough to remember.

>think of a level idea that seems interesting
>actually try it out
>it's shit
How do I make fun levels?

keep playing with your idea
and a lot of the time it'll transform into something you like if you keep morphing it

for viewer levels or what?
there's a ton of good ones
I think mrmightymouse_ is the best for viewer levels, and maybe foxen behind him. They give really good feedback and are good enough to play anything you make.

I loved Wrath of the Djinn! Very fun, original idea. As always, your courses are dope.

Well podoboos emit light in the dark so you would still be able to see them.
I hate how they tend to spawn in the wrong positions depending on where you are when you approach that area. It's an issue in general with tracks. I guess the only solution would be to put the tracks near the start of the level and drop things from there but it's annoying.

thanks!

I really think it's fine. There's multiple fireflowers etc. If you spawn it weird oh well, I wasn't small at any point.

to be honest if we didn't include any gimmick used in story mode there wouldn't be many fun / interesting levels. I wouldn't worry about it.

no, just entertainment

why couldn't they just copy and paste all the mystery sprites they made for mm1 in mm2, other than the copyrighted ones? nip honour?

I tend to focus on pure platforming and i want to know how to improve my future levels

>Frosty desert
SVG-LGS-CSG

>Rocks & spikes
GHH-6Y6-JLG

>Levels where you need to use the exact intended path within 20 seconds with no deviation and all jumps must be input at the exact intended time
>Levels where you need to stand around and wait for an object to move into the correct position before you can continue on to waiting for the next object
>Levels that don't even attempt to look good
>Levels that limit the inherent momentum based platforming of the Mario formula
>Levels which combine the exciting waiting around for objects to move thing with not seeing shit because the level is dark

Attached: ''cool idea''.jpg (184x308, 9K)

>momentum based platforming of the Mario formula
have you ever played the mainline mario games? mario isn't sonic dude.

RYG-HTK-WRG

First part uses those whirlwind things to make stuff float in the lava and then there is a POW block coaster in the subworld. It's not as horrible as it sounds.

Totally Legal Yoshi Cattle Ranch

DSB-CB7-01G

You are but a simple Yoshi rancher. It ain't much, but it's honest work.

Attached: 788-7881229_yoshi-egg-pixel-art-mario-bros.jpg (820x489, 34K)

Just got the game, got any hot tips for making stuff? currently half done with my first level a basic snow/ice theme.

>spend 40 minutes getting to the end of an extremely difficult kaizo-style level
>just kidding, the flag is blocked off and required a dev exit to get to lol
So when do we nuke Japan, again?

have anyone made a level with their sister yet? :)

Attached: smm2-toad-toadette-3840x2160.jpg (3840x2160, 2.42M)

I wish Toadette was my sister.

Practice is the best thing.
And if you're looking for technical stuff, there's a wealth of guides for contraptions online for MM1, and most that aren't randomisers still work

is
youtube.com/watch?v=yE9VBga7C4w
possible in 3d world style? if so i am going to make a ton of levels

Glad you liked Seesaw skies, are you the guy that went down my liked courses tab?

I try to be nice to people in 100 Mario so I laughed when someone was claiming all the records from the random stuff I came across and I'm wondering if you went down that list instead.

>Doors of Time
>M7Q-SYY-P1H
What the fuck am I supposed to do here?