I have been obsessed with the binding of isaac for too long now...

i have been obsessed with the binding of isaac for too long now. i'm nearly 1300 hours in and the only runs i have left to do for a 100% completion are
>hard modegreed mega satan
and the challenges
>SPEED!
>BRAINS
>ULTRAHARD
all of this has been on switch.
i actually lucked out yesterday with the lost and got boss rush, hush, devil, the lamb, mega satan and delirium all in one run on hard mode that took forever. i got mom's knife for room clear and gnawed leaf, dead cat and angry fly and just kinda cheesed my way through it. took me three hours but fuck it got em.

i'm almost going to be sad when i'm done beating everything. might just have to buy it on steam and start playing with various mods but i wanted to beat every official run first.

any other big isaac fans on tonight?

Attached: isaac.jpg (830x535, 120K)

I find it hard going back from playing Isaac with mods like
>guaranteed item room next to spawn
>external item descriptions
>no curse floors

this is exactly why i wanted to beat the game 100% as intended before modding lol.

Yeah but the first ~10 minutes of each run are sooo boooring though

and i'm playing on switch. i have to suicide every reset. this is probably a good hunk of the reason getting this far has taken me 1300 hours. if i hadn't gotten a mega lucky hush run yesterday god knows how long it would have taken me to actually finish this fucking game.

Yea, the problem is with the afterbirth and ab+ the early game become aslogfest with all that garbage items in the game now.

It's either get a decent(not OP) item in the two levels or slowly grind through later elvels just to dye because the new enemies are DPS-chek sponges.
The whole game blance was thrown away with the expansions, before it was fun and challenging with some OP run now and then and many legit good and challenging run, now it's garbage no items-low stats runs almost no OP runs and now and then some blanced challenging run.
It's not just more ahrd, it's boring, that's the bad part for me, the game lost the main appeal.

>any other big isaac fans on tonight?
Here i am.
Im waiting for that fucking fatass Edmund to release the third "final DLC" of this game to finally 100% once and for all this.
2000 hours on the game, just missing some of the booster pack achievements but i dont have the strenght to search what i'm missing and grind for a couple of random thing just for them.

>with all that garbage items in the game now.
No the early game is and has always been bad because of the starting stats and how the baseline for how bullets feel is just bad. It's not, "Oh they need more good items" it's "I shouldn't need any items for the game to be fun"

i find the trick for me has been to reset after the second boss if i'm not strong enough to beat a satan level boss by then unless i'm playing as keeper or lost. then it's the first floor.
yeah it kinda sucks but i'm good enough to get the end of floor two with zero items consistently with every character so it usually works out. i'm playing in handheld on a switch so i only half ass pay attention while streaming shit until i get a run i'm confident in.

this is on my to-do list when I get a switch (when the pro comes out). how does it fare, compared to the PC version?

it runs fine but the big drawbacks are no mods and no quick reset. the quick reset is the real bitch for harder characters.

>I shouldn't need any items for the game to be fun
But this was the case before all the new alternate levels and new bulletsponge enemy added in AB and AB+. In the base game you can play without items and have fun doing that and still having chances to reach altegames. With the DLC? Thats not possible anymore and tha'ts a huge problem.

Actually yeah now that I remember, those Wrath of the Lamb spiders did take one shot too many

The mods are too much of a must to ignore them, the PC version is the way to go for Isaac, all the other version are alrgely inferion just because of no mod.

I've not played Isaac much, so I'm afraid I don't know what a "quick reset" is, but I take it it's very useful. Isaac and Terraria seem, to me at least, games that you can play very well on the go, and are as such must-get games for me.
the no-mods thing doesn't bother me that much, but then again I didn't play them, so that might change.

>I don't know what a "quick reset" is
he means being able to hold R to start a new run within a second

Is WotL still the best DLC?

Quick reset is in, you just have to hold down both joysticks for a few seconds.

I've got about the same hours clocked in. 1100 on PC and another 400 on switch.
I hate how the Forgotten update didn't retroactively give you new achievements you haven't earned before.
I still need Jumper Cables, Lachryphagy, and Blanket achievements. Blanket one is easy to get but the jumper cables one is annoying since I have to basically just let RNG decide what to put in the shop

Attached: isaac.png (480x368, 33K)

>achievements you haven't earned before.
*have

WAIT WHAT! you mean i've been playing without knowing this?

Attached: what.jpg (1024x451, 43K)

SON OF A BITCH I JUST TRIED! EAT MY ASS ISAAC!.

>1300 hours

Do yoi guys live in a 100 hours-a-day dimension or something ? I consider I'm addicted to a video game when I reach 100 hours with it.

Man, I remember my isaac days. Back when rebirth came out I played it all the time until i 100%ed it, even did The Lost and got real platinum god. Then a couple months later I hear it was changed so that you start with the holy mantle which was kind of a bummer.
Anyway long story short I didnt play for a long time, then I bought antibirth when it came out, played for a couple days but didnt really like it much I guess and I havent really played it at all since the then.

Also I lost my 100% achievement status thanks to downloading the dlc so, yeah..

you play a couple of runs every day inconsistently for five years and eventually you get other a thousand hours logged in

OP here. in my case i played it hard core for a few months as my main game then after that i played it constantly while streaming series.

when i get into a game i get REALLY into said game and grind it to 100%

How the fuck have you played 1300 hours and not 100%'d it? I've 100%'d it in like 200

lol fuckin noob i 100% my first time playing it
got a refund too

every challenge and every character? because i have problems believing that. most people would take almost that long just beating the isaac character.

Fucking keen for the next expansion.
Hoping that the antibirth composer is gonna come through and make a separate soundtrack for it as well since ridiculon are shit

I have 1200 hours, still don't have:
>Mystery Egg: Spawn three charmed enemies in the same room
>Blanket - Sleep in 10 beds
they just don't work

It took me 440 hours to get 1000000%. There is no way in hell anyone is bad enough to take 200 hours to only complete Isaac's post-it

How do you get past the awful, ridiculous looking artstyle? I can't look at any video of this game for more than 5 seconds. Are all of you addicted to marijuana?

>it has loot
Yes, but why don't I just play Path of Exile or something

Not sure if switch user is still here thinking you have to suicide to restart, but you can actually push in both sticks to do it instead. Should save you some time in the long run

still here. figured that out here.
i'm still kinda salty about it because i'm almost done with my runs period.

Do jumper cables abusing D6 as Isaac. Just break the game and fill giant room with items, reroll until you get necessary ones

Nevermind read up and saw it was answered

Me and my friend got on the Isaac train late and loved it, 100%ed an Xbox save file then realized AB+ is never coming to Xbox. So then we bought it on pc and 100%ed a save file which took forever, and now my friend got a switch and is getting towards finishing a file with my help. He's not the best at vidya so I have to do the harder shit, not looking forward to doing the keeper for him. I've also started a second file on the pc a few weeks ago and have been blowing through it. Only having jera and perthro unlocked for your runes is amazing, plus I did all the good item challenges first and got cracked crown etc.

I can't wait for repentance it better come out this year

On switch you can hold the thumbsticks in to do a quick restart. You dont have to run into spikes or whatever.

>complaining about Rebirth's artstyle when the Flash version exists
honestly I prefer the Flash look to Rebirth's pixel art

how do you not have mega satan as keeper, he is better with angel deals anyway

because i saved keeper and lost for last and luck is a cunt.