Here's the last copy we had on the shelf

>Here's the last copy we had on the shelf.

Attached: 98798799.png (640x857, 912K)

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.cexchange.com/online/home/index.rails
youtube.com/watch?v=sKOv9SSg05Q
xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-s/all-digital-edition
pushsquare.com/news/2019/05/ps5_may_be_the_last_console_before_streaming_takes_over_says_ubisoft_boss
digitaltrends.com/gaming/microsoft-reportedly-working-on-xcloud-console/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Why is our company failing?????

Why did the guy use the controller like a gun?

To defend his virginity.

Looks like the same artist as the Nutshack.

>is the generic case ok?
Y-yes sir th-thank you

Attached: Tito.jpg (408x408, 28K)

Why? Last game i bought was hitman 2016 and they forced an open game on me. I literally went across the street snd swapped it for a sealed. That gamestop was scratching thrir heads why they would sell me that.

I feel like it can't be that much for Gamestop to just buy an actual replacement cover art, can it?

>tries to give me a disc in a paper sleeve and sell it as “new”

>"I hate Gamestop!"
>*still goes to Gamestop*

Its like despite the plethora of ways to get vidya you choose to suffer. Why are you like this?

>throws out ds cases
Why the fuck can't they sell cases separately? Sometimes I buy game and case separately cuz it's cheaper but getting did of perfectly good cases? That's disgusting
Maybe clear some funkos and put cases up on shelves

It was the easiest way to know the copy wasn't cared for and most likely stolen.

Unironically GameStop has decent sales these days, even if most of what they do is cancer.

I only ever got one game in one of these cases, and it was in terrible condition. I brought it back and went somewhere else, never got generic case shit again, always required the actual case/manual.

You mean redacted

You could literally print out an alternate cover paper (they're made of some cardstock paper I believe) and replace it within the plastic covering. All you need is a printer. It would've been fun if they replaced them with the unique cover arts for certain games.

Do used copies of mgs4 ever have the cover art? Every gamestop I've been to in the last year has at least 3 copies with not original art

>still sometimes go to the downtown gamestop on my lunch break out of habit and nostalgia for the old days
>tv screen has dude bro and some floozy talking about mechanical keyboard
>leave without buying anything

I got MGS 4 back in 2010 and could only ever find ones with the generic GameStop cover. At this point I'm convinced copies with the actual boxart is just a myth passed down for generations.

IT'S

I found one at a thrift store with the original art. fucking mystifying

They could have actually interesting videos with gaming news and upcoming releases instead of the shitty ass videos they have up there, and I'm pretty sure it'd be easier to film than some random mechanical keyboard shilling. You'd literally just need a host or two, a room, an editor.

Thrift store was a portal to an alternate dimension.

Woah

/v should have a gaming podcast so we can sell the rights to gamestop

They would fuck it up with normie shit and soccer mom cunts.

Or they could just offer $10 off games without cases or instructions

Most games don't even come with instructions anymore

My mom would never allowed to me to get those games and I always thought it was be because they were M rated, turns out she was just looking out for me.

I found one but it stinks like rain.

He just leveled up

My Army of Two has this case. I hate it.

>Buy a new copy of Halo Reach when it comes out.
>The only case they had got stepped on so it was totally fucked.
>Guy just takes the new game disk and puts it in a black DVD case and still charges me full price.
>Take the game home, only to realize that the DVD case had a dent in the back that scratched the literal fuck out of the disc.
>Drive back the next day to ask for a full refund.
>New guy at the counter. Despite having the receipt, he doesn't believe that I had a new copy of the game and is only willing to give me money for a used refund.
>Ask to speak to the guy who sold me it in the first place, but it turns out he got moved to a different store.
Fuck Gamestop

Attached: 1556723212675.gif (222x379, 2.87M)

>go with dad to half price books
>they also sell various other things
>one of these being videogames
>find Spyro the Dragon in mint condition for $14
>it's $80+ online for this quality
>my copy has been scratched beyond repair

Attached: 1393138834326.jpg (285x285, 32K)

>Guy just takes the new game disk and puts it in a black DVD case and still charges me full price.
At that point just call him out and leave desu.

>Despite having the receipt, he doesn't believe that I had a new copy of the game and is only willing to give me money for a used refund.
Then you ask to speak to his manager, you have a receipt of purchase.

Man I was desperate, and I live in the middle of nowhere so my choices for buying a copy were a bit limited.

The guy I was talking to was the manager. He told me I had to have the game case for it to count as a new game refund. I told him I never got an actual case, which is why I asked him to get a hold of the guy who sold it to me.

lmao

Attached: google.jpg (539x701, 81K)

Then you go above his head, you have a receipt of purchase. Said receipt has the price you paid on it.

Why is it always this weird teenage mexican artstyle?

i wonder who ok'd this design

I mean, I should have, but I was 16 and stupid.

Because they paid one teenage mexican to do all the art.

When gamestop goes under, who's gonna take its place?

I'm not sure. They're taking ThinkGeek down with them, too since they just merged the stores together.
Maybe Hot Topic will start selling vidya.

Gamestop is cancer, but you should never have agreed to purchase that shit. Last time they tried to pull that shit with me I just walked out of the store.

Amazon

No one. And that's the aim of these big publishers. Kill the secondary market. There will only be big retail outlets who don't do trades or refunds then.

>There will only be big retail outlets who don't do trades
You do realize that Best Buy has had a trade service for a long time now and Walmart has recently started one as well.

walmart.cexchange.com/online/home/index.rails

Both of which somehow manage to be WORSE than Gamestops

>That time GameStop tried to switch to being a smartphone outlet

Attached: 930944242.png (444x440, 285K)

>MFW I haven't been in a Gamestop in over a decade.

Attached: 20190712_020131.jpg (2367x2633, 2.94M)

>Katamari Re-roll was a Gamestop exclusive
Getting that shit was a nightmare. Had to call every Gamestop within driving distance asking if they had a new copy. Finally found one an hour's drive away, and then asked the guy on the phone if it was in its original box.
>"Uh hang on let me check"
Fucking unreal.

sneed

MONTY PYTHON'S
FLYING CIRRRR-CUS

>Katamari Re-roll was a Gamestop exclusive
why the FUCK do companies, Japanese companies specifically, do store exclusivity?
>Chibi Robo went exclusive to Walmart
>Katamari Re-roll Gamestop exclusive
I understand having a collector's edition or some shit as store exclusive but why an entire fucking game? How much do stores pay for that shit?

same here, and it was only $3

The fuck is this thing? Is it human? does it have a face? I don't see it

Attached: cheese head.jpg (362x372, 29K)

I got one about four years ago and it still had the case and manual. The case was a bit roughed up and scummy though.

>Go to gamestop with my boi to get a copy of black ops
>Walk in
>They're doing fortnite dances
>Turn 360 degrees and walk out

Attached: 3x.gif (112x112, 19K)

>go to gamestop to look for game
>they obviously don't have it
>just go to amazon instead
It's no wonder they're failing, half their fucking store is taken up by gift cards and shit merch

BEEN ONE WEEK SINCE YOU LOOKED AT ME

nice post did you learn how to greentext from r/greentext

>they ask you if the generic case is okay instead of just shoving the disc in and assuming you're fine with it
Lucky you.

>they put new games in cd sleeves and try to sell them as new

Never went back to gamestop after seeing that shit.

Attached: IT'S.jpg (689x569, 47K)

Who gives a fuck. I don't buy games to look at the case like a pathetic autist

haha yeah

I got this shit done to me by my local GameStop like 7 years ago. I was just looking for ps2 games and found a used copy of Capcom vs Snk 2 and they charged me $29 for it.

Attached: 1396312629040.gif (640x480, 1.34M)

>gamestop is more game/nerd merch that clutter your path than actual games
I can't imagine shopping for games at a store anymore.

Vstock

>find ps3 game at local store
>$4
its literally cheaper than piracy, why don't more people just wait until the gen ends to get games

The copy of Brawl I have now is from Blockbuster with this case

I'm pretty sure I got the game day one in the original case, then again it's been so long since I've even turned on my Wii I don't remember

Attached: shrek-2-gamecube-nintendo-sega-game-preowned-comes-in-blockbuster-game-case-327b1851bae4474669629785 (386x500, 30K)

>1 week rental
you best return that shit soon you fucking thief.

There will be local stores, at least for a while, that do trade ins. We have Disc Traders where I live and it's basically everything gamestop should be. I've never bought anything new from them so I don't know if they do the nigger practice of removing the shrink wrap and putting the disk in a fucking sleeve, but their used prices are cheaper than gamestop and they'll give you actual money for a trade in if you ask for it, not just store credit, and you get a decent pay out. Like you could get upwards of 40 bux store credit or 20-30 in cash for trading in a new game.

They also have more than just current and last gen titles. They have a pretty big selection of PS1, GBA, S/NES, Genesis, etc games, and they have classic gaming peripherals and consoles too. I've even seen a fucking Virtual Boy there.

STOP! YOU VIOLATED THE LAW. PAY THE COURT A FINE OR SERVE YOUR SENTENCE.
YOUR STOLEN GOODS ARE NOW FORFEIT.

THE NUTSHACK

I mainly go to Best Buy or use Amazon.

I just checked and I was wrong, it was from gamestop and has that same kind of art as OP

Even used this was apparently still 45 bucks, damn. I don't remember having to wait for this but apparently I did

For a used game? Who cares.
But fuck them for doing that gutted games bullshit.

Hey guys!

Attached: dawn.jpg (300x225, 17K)

I remember when Xenoblade Chronicles was on the wii

Our store had like 20 copies of this game brand new that sat on the shelf for a good amount of time

Than we got an email from the higher ups telling us to open all the copies and slap used stickers on them

Turns out the used copies were being shipped to areas where it was popular for 80 bucks a pop

>open all the copies and slap used stickers on them

Wait, what?

If its the last new copy, then it's the one that was opened for display. they hand you that, that's the last copy of it in the store.

With the money GameStop was making from used sales they could have afforded to print box art and instruction manuals. Instead they barely kept the stores staffed so that executives could make millions instead of just hundreds of thousands. Great job.

There is no other worthwhile stores that sell games that I want nearby.

smaller regional chains

b-but why

You should find a new job. That company won't be around much longer

rather than destroying games they instead took a popular game and jacked up the price so they could make over 100% profit

That's Konami being retarded though, not GS.

I've been meaning to play that game since it came out, still haven't unwrapped my copy. Was bus, then my launch PS3 died and I just kept waiting for there to be a good sale o a replacement, then they announced the slim and I waited for that, then the super slim and I waited for that, now I can't get them anymore.
I kept buying games over the years, haven't played any. Should prob just sell them all.

Is this a problem in America? Game and CEX in britain would heavily discount anything without the original box, manuals etc.

>only local games store near me is completely silent and the way it's set up you can't comfortably browse without feeling like an employee is watching you since it's always empty
god damn maybe I have autism or something but it's kind of uncomfortable and makes me shop at Game Stop sometimes.
Local shop has a decent retro selection though.

Lmao

Game Stop is shit but I'd rather deal with them than have to deal with every FUCKING game I'm interested in only being sold physically through shit like Limited Run Games.

when new shit sits on the shelf long enough, corporate eventually tells the employees to move and relabel the new shit as used. they're called SKU conversions and usually the price goes down but sometimes the used is more expensive than new (Dead cells on switch is like $4 cheaper new than preowned atm). the neat part is sometimes a deluxe edition bonus dlc shit gets converted to standard preowned as far as the system is concerned. ie new copies of jump force were moved last week, included the gold edition with the character pass and bunch of cosmetic shit.

>Buy used copy of Silent Hill 2 14 years ago from a Gamestop that was an hour away from where I used to live.
>Game enters eternal loading screen when I try to enter the Historical Society
>Go all the way back and swap it for another one
>Copy 2 freezes during one of the Eddie cutscenes
>Swap again
>Copy 3 has stuttering audio problems
>"Gosh user, why don't you buy used games anymore? You could be saving so much money."

Attached: 1559876202965.gif (268x350, 2.63M)

The same happened to me with 4 copies of GTA San Andreas, all disks were scratched and various degree of unplayable. Eventually I gave up playing it, the entire series has been in my backlog ever since.

Attached: zach.jpg (749x894, 57K)

at gamestop there's no discount based on the condition or completeness of the game, all used copies are the same price. a pristine copy with all inserts and unused product codes that's only had the shrink wrap taken off is worth as much as a scratched loose copy in an envelope that says "tony's poop smells good".
you could say this is effectively an american problem because almost no stores besides gamestop take used games.

>be 13 years and wanting to play Doom 3 on Xbox Huge cause it seemed so cool and edgy back than
>Go to EB games by myself while at the mall with my mom, by this time they were beginning to clearance Xbox Huge games
>Find Doom 3: Collectors Edition, disk only in generic case for like $10
>bring it to cashier, clerk asks how old I am and that I need a parent/guardian to say its okay for me to buy the game cause it's rated M
>mom was in the mall but not at the store, I wasn't gonna waste time looking for her
>keep telling the clerk, "it's okay, she won't mind or care" or something along the lines of that
>clerk eventually just says fuck it and says it to me
>play game and enjoyed it, at least back then

A funny story I still remember. I wonder if his managers ever found they sold him a M rated game to someone underage and got in trouble or fired for it, doubt it but I thought about it before. I don't have that copy of the game anymore cause I eventually found one with the proper box and manual and stuff.

*sells it to me
whoops

Attached: 1548570693303.png (293x239, 148K)

I find it confusing that GameStop still needs ID for minors to buy games. When I was younger I'd just go to a local store instead for M rated games, and I assume kids today do the same. Would the ESRB flip their shit or something?

An independant place near me does this all the time. They just don't care, and because they're independant they can probably get away with not abiding to laws and ESRB shit easier. Local/independant stores often would break street date as well. I got MW2 almost a week before it officially came out because of this.

ERSB stuff is all self policing to keep the government away. Its just a collective agreement to follow it. Gamestop wants to keep on companies' good sides. Mom and Pop shops probably don't have to worry as much since the big companies don't notice them.

If a gamestop employee sells a minor an M rated and their parents come in to bitch about it, the employee gets fired on the spot and the store gets placed on final warning. Basically if another employee fucks up bad again, then the store manager is fired. Corporate does little sting operations about this shit occasionally. They get like 12 year old kids to come into the store and try to get employees to sell M rated stuff to them. the correct answer is "No, you gotta be 17 or older or have a parent with you," they go "oh" and then fuck off.

Attached: dante.jpg (457x396, 18K)

I don’t think anything would have happened. At the end of the day, they sold a used game, made their profit, and didn’t end up breaking any laws. ESRB ratings are only suggestions, it’s just that retailers won’t sell those games to minors normally because they don’t want to be boycotted by angry parents.

Doom 3 on an Xbox Huge with an Enhanced Definition capable flatscreen Maganavox CRT in WHOPPING 480p with TRUE BLACKS was a mind blowing experience for teenage me.

I still miss those CRT blacks.

If gamestop goes under, it means new games are no longer being sold as physical copies. so no one.

And this will happen within the next 2 gens.

There's a lot of big physical retailers, user.

Order that shit online, numbnuts. Even in the good old year of 2010 you could buy shit off of retailers websites and have it shipped to you. Man, fuck, you could even order it out of a fucking Sears catalog if you lacked the brain cells to use a computer. Why would you let them fuck you like that?

I just liked how much it used to creep me out, especially that it kind of sort of tried to feel like a survival horror. I don't like the game as much as I do nowadays but it felt like a neat take on Doom. I even liked the switching between flashlight and gun (something everyone bitched about) You either see in the dark, with no weapon, or have a weapon armed, but can't see in the dark. A nice balance. I just wish the enemy corpses didn't dissappear when you kill them, I remember being really dissapointed with that. I kind of wish I kept that copy of the game from eb games, mostly for my story

Always get them sealed. Would you eat a tootsie roll whos wrapper was unsealed and then put back on?

>consolekek paypig paying 35 bucks for a used game

lmao fucking pissing myself laughing here boys.

I remember when I realized that buying used was literally the equivalent of piracy, but I had to pay some cunt for the privilege. You're right, it's pretty funny.

THE END OF THE WORRRRLD AS WE KNOW IT

Not anymore there won't be. They already tried going full digital with the Xbox One and people seethed because they weren't ready.

Then it turned out all the games were online-only with constant updates, digital games were often free (& game pass), they released discless versions of the console, and physical games had cardboard discs in them anyways, completely invalidating the reasons to be against it. You aren't going to preserve PUBG and Apex Legends on your shelf.

Next gen consoles will be discless to compete with Stadia and gamestop and its competitors will be irrelevant except for selling used old gen games. It's not a matter of if, but when.

You sound like someone who knows nothing they're talking about but think they're right because the read it on an article.

>You aren't going to preserve PUBG and Apex Legends on your shelf.

This. The only games worth saving rarely get a physical release anyway because they're mostly indieshit.

No way, bro! I NEED a copy of Battlefield 32 on my shelf!

soul

Doom 3 scared the shit outta me back in the day. I played through 3 times and roe twice though. Great game. only Doom game I ever bothered finishing

You sound like someone who contributes nothing to a discussion ever and tells people they're wrong and stupid without providing any evidence to the contrary.

youtube.com/watch?v=sKOv9SSg05Q
xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-s/all-digital-edition
pushsquare.com/news/2019/05/ps5_may_be_the_last_console_before_streaming_takes_over_says_ubisoft_boss
digitaltrends.com/gaming/microsoft-reportedly-working-on-xcloud-console/

HE HATES PHIL AND LOVES THE LADIES

DICKMAN BABY

me.

>that one relative that buys all the kids 10 dollar gamestop cards and the adults 10 dollar starbucks cards

A PSYCHOBILLY FREAKOUT

>charges you price for a new copy even though it's already opened

Them slowly dying is a wonderful thing.

that show is seriously one of the worst things I've ever seen.

THE BIG SHOW

>charges less for the opened copy
>has sealed in stock
"Can I buy the opened one?"
Uh sure. Next?
"I also buy an opened one"
"Me too"
"I'll take the opened one if its less"
"Opened copy please"
"Opened is less, right?"
"No no not the sealed one, the opened one"

Is that the two character from Bee movie?

Attached: beemovie_sequel.jpg (1102x620, 120K)

Who drew this art anyway?

You just sound like a fucking retard dude

Attached: 1506098620247.jpg (727x480, 38K)

MY LIIIIIIIFE

No shopped-in ogre thumb.

Wasted opportunity OP.

Play it on PC. An e-cig could run it.

If you live in a big city with multiple stores, call around and see if another store has a proper case, most will honor that.

I bought a used copy of Bravely Default and got one of those gay cases like that, called 2 others and one store had a proper case. Guy had it waiting for me and I switched it and was on my way.

>take a day off work to play dark souls 3
>preordered from gamestop
>accidentally got there 15 minutes before it opens, wait patiently
>a line actually starts forming me behind me
>store opens and some jackass skips the entire line and walks in
>pay no mind to it because he finishes his purchase in 20 seconds
>stupid fuck forgot his preorder keychain
>now I have two because the cash register lady thought I was cute

Get fucked line skipper, that $2 keychain is mine

Attached: 1562043268186.jpg (244x244, 12K)

I had to get my mom to buy me Silent Hill 3 because I was only 16.