Wants to get revenge against his father even though he gained his father's respect which is what he wanted

>Wants to get revenge against his father even though he gained his father's respect which is what he wanted
>Doesn't bother making ANY friends to level him up
>Main party forgives him even though he killed two of their parents
>He gets a heroic death
He is the WORST part about Persona 5. Why do people like him.

Attached: Cognitive-Goro-smile.png (512x512, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bByFVxUuFL0
youtube.com/watch?v=lu_Pj0wNyqk
youtu.be/NfdUwfVVufk
youtu.be/qkL4tiNk3J8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

People like him as a party member (because he's stylish) and/or want to fuck him.

I agree he was the definition of wasted potential. He was most interesting when he actually had legitimate criticisms against the Phantom Thieves, I fucking hate that he became a psychopath with daddy issues. I really doubt Royal will fix it.

Stockholm syndrome

>Why do people like him.
Fujoshi

youtube.com/watch?v=bByFVxUuFL0

he's like adachi but uglier and without the charm. would probably have been a great friend though if he wasn't an obsessed psycho

>playing Q2 right now
>like the imagine goro seething the entire game wishing he could kill everyone and go home.

Attached: 1560114132081.jpg (1600x819, 105K)

>tries to fight the power of friendship
fucking moron. also surprised he didn't come back after the offscreen death, they'll probably change that in royal

>Fusion attacks are probably super strong
>Baton Pass is even more powerful now
eesh, I wonder if any of the content will actually be balanced around this

its like that in every megaten game. outside of bosses with 4 turns + spells that take away your entire health bar without status effects when you're not prepared

It really is fun to just imagine what's going on in his head in Q2. In 5 he can go home and decompress and stop putting on the act. But in Q2 he's surrounded by them. He has to keep it up 24/7 since someone is always around.
To top it off, there's even more people that are exactly like the ones he hates.

Attached: 1553801072896.png (1000x1107, 622K)

yeah they probably are changing it

Attached: ohshit.png (1269x1179, 762K)

Well seeing as he doesn’t have to be in and the party, and he shit so why would he, he probably just hides in a corner of the cinema most of the time.

Pretty sure Futaba'd mom isn't dead anymore, so he's already pretty far on the road towards being actually redeemable. Ignoring if he actually deserves such a thing obviously.

what hobbies did akechi have? i just imagine him as someone obsessing over his dad thing 24/7

He didn't want Daddy's love, he wanted to fucking expose and humiliate him for how he ruined Goro's childhood/life
And I'm pretty sure the PT philosophy on him was more like "We don't forgive you, but we do have sympathy for you" or something of the like. They wanted to team up with him and take down Shido because
A) All help was needed
and
B) It gave Goro a chance to redeem himself, "make things right" and ultimately take responsibility in the real world had he not been killed

him eating at leblanc is probably the closest we'll get to seeing how he is when he isn't batshit insane. the question is, is he ever legitimately not batshit insane?

God I want Makoto to sit on my face so bad you guys, fuck.

Canonically they're all in the theater at the same time. The fact there's only 4 fighting at a time is just a gameplay thing.

According to a book or whatever, he's good at darts and would travel the world if he had a bunch of money
He's probably a normal dude beyond his sociopathy/mental trauma

>also surprised he didn't come back after the offscreen death
He does if you hit the time limit

he seems to be really into toys and lasers. goro acts mature but his pretty childish on the inside.

I heard somebody mention Makoto, I love her! Judging by the image you were responding to, I'm guessing your referring to the presentation of her legs, thighs, and thigh gap. Her legs are very nice, aren't they!

Attached: 44.png (579x819, 409K)

NO NO NO GET THE FUCKING AD GUY ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW

Meant movie, not theater. It's why any one of them can chime in for conversation or when you open a door.

They didn't forgive him for what he did, They understood him and how he got to that point. There's a difference. Also he never gained Shido's respect, He was still viewed as tool even after everything he did, and as something that could be discarded once he had served his purpose or was no longer of any use.

Attached: 2466a1b6f25ab43c1a88b4e26c74945a.png (640x905, 209K)

he wanted both and it made him confused.

Haru literally said I can never forgive you before he dies.

Yeah I know, but there’s so many you hardly seen him. Anyway the bonding mission with Shinji implies they both keep their distance from the main group anyway... seeing as it’s like 30 fucking people it would be pretty far away

He wasn't totally all there, that's part of the tragedy of his character. From what we saw, he was a genuinely normal dude outside the whole "Daddy Issues and Metaverse" shit. But he became so obsessed with this bizarre revenge scheme he cooked up that it ruined him

>It really is fun to just imagine what's going on in his head in Q2.
>this movie sucks
>my feet hurt
>i wish i was at home eating pancakes

He never gained his father’s respect, though. Even in the end, Shido still thought of him as a tool. And the party members didn’t necessarily forgive him either. Hell, Haru even flat out says that she can’t forgive him but that she does empathize with what he had to go through.

Attached: bait.png (343x531, 12K)

This. Feeling sorry for someone isn’t the same as forgiving them.

I still think Shiho should have been the final party member instead of Haru. One reason being because Akechi might have been able to have some actual regard for her knowing what she went through and why his mom committed suicide. Something like that, where he has the PTs cornered but shows even a sliver of genuine concern for her alone would have improved him a lot. Instead he died a bitch through and through.

Attached: 1498366642806.png (500x405, 163K)

>he's good at darts
Huh, you can invite party members to play darts and billiards with you in Royal. Wonder if he'll get any unique dialogue when you play darts with him.
youtube.com/watch?v=lu_Pj0wNyqk

Here’s confirmed things he likes off the top of my head
>sweet things
>cycling
>rock climbing
>detective novels
>observing ants
>darts
>billiards

It’s not that it was the power of friendship. It’s the fact that he was 1 guy who was jumped by 4 people at once

At the end of PQ2 Goro doesn’t want to go back home, because he knows what he’s gonna do when he gets back.

Attached: 72922F5F-30EC-4466-B6C4-2AEE1155DF1B.png (546x327, 363K)

They are, so much so. Even just being able to lay my cheek on a seat she warmed up would be enough, but alas.

>adachi but uglier
adachi is ugly as fuck though?

Man, why do the Q games have to be depressing as shit sometimes? It’s like what happened with Ken and Shinji.

Got a screencap of when you enter the Lab in the Sci-fi movie and Joker comforts him?

but thats what power of friendship is all about.

What’s interesting is that Ken, Shinji, and Koromaru confront Goro. Because they can sense there’s something wrong with him.
youtu.be/NfdUwfVVufk
youtu.be/qkL4tiNk3J8

Attached: D934B29B-8C94-4EDB-919D-D192E5E86A8B.png (2000x1200, 920K)

Attached: B01E3DC4-EFCB-4BD1-897A-8C1983D00C14.png (1334x750, 2.45M)

It's a Dream Palace

>Pretty sure Futaba'd mom isn't dead anymore
Yeah and Yusuke's mother's original unedited painting somehow found its way to a museum according to his trailer. It's clear everything after New Year's is reality manipulating shenanigans.

So are Nazis gonna fall from the sky again?

>counselor is secretly nyar-nyar
hopefully

What am I suppose to be looking at here?

I don't know about the Japanese voice but Persona 4 came out shortly after Code Geass ended, and the VA for dub Lelouche has a very nice voice which made Adachi even more charming

I literally fucking hate akechi and the fact that he dies offscreen is insulting
On the bright side persona 5 made me rewatch Detective Conan/Case Closed so I have that much to be thankful for

Attached: 1554038514110.jpg (800x998, 221K)

New cutscene shown in P5R reveal trailer. Shows legs sitting in the Morgana-mobile behind Haru.

Models for the legs of Makoto, Yusuke, and Black Mask Akechi are shown (respectively) to show the only person who's legs could match are Black Mask Akechi. Implying that he doesn't die anymore after he's revealed to be the Black Mask.

akechi is the ultimate pleb filter

>the lyrics of last surprise are meant to be about the group getting one over on pancake boy

Attached: 1560437148540.png (560x560, 508K)

And literally right after that line, she and the rest of the party start complimenting him and being really sad when he dies. Ann even invites him to the team.

Haru's beautiful face.

Ann invites him to defeat his father because that was the one thing he wanted to do. To them this was their last job.

None of that means they forgive him, they're just saying "you know if you weren't such a fucking retard you'd actually be capable of doing good, want to help us take down Shido and then you can turn yourself in?" Americans seem very confused that people can think a person should be able to actually make recompense for their mistakes instead of either dying or rotting in jail for the rest of their life.

Fuck off you seething europoor.

I mean Japan is more unforgiving to criminals than America is.

Don’t tell him that user. Let the europoor seethe over americans.

IMMEDIATELY triggered, holy fuck. How thin skinned are you clowns?

You get away with a lot when you're bishonen.

If Adachi looked like Akechi he'd have been shilled even harder no doubt.

>I mean Japan is more unforgiving to criminals than America is.
>HOLY SHIT STOP GETTING TRIGGERED LMAO

Attached: F2371994-C511-40A3-835C-E1295678F768.png (320x320, 112K)

I don’t know why you’re complaining about burgers when Japan is the country with a 120% conviction rate.

Repeating it won't make it true.

>Main party forgives him even though he killed two of their parents
Except they don't. They outright say they don't forgive him for what he's done.

You're right, it being true is what makes it true.
You could obviously say that Japanese creators don't necessarily agree with Japan's legal system, but you're the one who pushed generalizations right out of the gate.

Only on cases that actually make it to trial, Japanese prosecutors are notorious for only going forward with cases that they're both 99% sure on and don't already get a plea bargain on.

Can you imagine suddenly getting trapped in some other universe with a bunch of faggots that you plan to kill and having to legitimately work together with them, just for more of the same type of fags to pour out of nowhere?

Oh, and one of those fags just happens to actually be the fucking Detective Prince, is now you’ve gotta keep the act up and keep playing around with all of these dumbass investigations for your “friends” or else expose your identity.

Plus the PTs also already knew what was up with Akechi so their viewpoint would also be interesting. It’s a shame that the game seems to be shying away from this, but I guess it’s not like the PTs had a chance to get away from Akechi and discuss.

I’m only at Dungeon 3 Floor 3 though. I know there was the side quest that showed both the P3 kid and Akechi having the same struggle so at least it’s not totally forgotten

Haru doesn't forgive him, but Futaba (who literally had her mom killed by him) acts retarded around him. The rest have very little baggage and barely connect those dots, instead blaming Shido for fucking up his brain (and knowingly, based on his Shadow's speech).

If anything, while they didn't completely forgive Akechi, it's not like they hated him enough to want him dead, which is why his death felt so bizarrely out of left field.

Japanese people are a backwards ass nation in certain aspects. If you are even so much as ACCUSED of doing drugs, your entire reputation is ruined and everything you are involved in immediately turns their backs on you, whether it be your job, friends or family.

>Expecting a reasonable lawfag for once in RPG
>Get another autistic and scretching edgy chaosfag in the end

>Why do people like him.
Obese fujos don't care about writing and just want to see cute boys fuck each other in the ass.

It's bizarre. When I see it brought up that he's an edgelord, fujos purposefully ignore that part of his character because they find that it's too messy and doesn't line up with how they ship him "Akira".

watch this shitty adachi clone survive in P5R

Same thing with burgers, all it takes is some whore who decides they don't like you so they scream false rape claims against you and your life is basically ruined even if you get cleared later.

ok

Attached: D8599EED-C9EA-4981-AAC0-DD3ACDB24DD8.png (469x345, 119K)

>pancakes

Women

I really hate this meme.

I thought Adachi was poorly written
Then Goro showed up and did literally everything worse

>atlus bringing persona 1 and 2 from the dead
They would rather remake smt if... in persona 5 rather than acknowledge those 2

>"How should I get back at my dad for abandoning us?"
>"I know, I'll become his personal hitman and metaverse-kill a bunch of completely unrelated people for him."

Attached: 1553221162498.png (630x334, 191K)

>gained his father's respect
He never did though, otherwise Shido wouldn't kill his own son.
>doesn't bother making any friends
He was abandoned by his dad & treated like shit in childhood (single parent families are not popular in Japan). He was a nobody before he gained a persona and started fucking around with it. He grew to gate people, used them as tools & faked his public image to fit in a society who ended up not giving a shit about him. There's a hint that maybe he regrets it & is lonely when you see him hanging around the cafe but at that point he killed Futaba's mother & is committed to his vengeance and his ways.

The idea that he's anti-Joker is there, its just that the execution fucked it up because they railroad most of his development at the end and expected you to give a big shit about him. And then they drop one or two lines about his tragic end before moving on to the next plot point.