Mobile Gaming (seriously)

Just got a new phone after struggling for 5 years, having trouble finding anything good to play. Last game I played was this one called Hoplite. Really enjoyed it but it just felt like a demo with how short it is and the lack of content.

What are some good android/emulated games to play Yea Forums?

Attached: hoplite 2.png (435x772, 213K)

The one I play when I'm bored and have nothing else to do is Meteorfall

I don't have any finger dexterity to do anything complicated on a touch screen but it requires just enough thinking, deck building and probability theorizing that it engages me.

What kind of games are you looking for? Action? Turn-based combat? Racing? Shmups?

Basically all mobile games are shit. Sorry to disappoint you. Use your phone for phonecalls, texting, and using Google Maps. Trust me on this, you'll be far better off.

I'm fine with anything. Only things I don't care for are games with touch screen thumbsticks (they usually suck) and given the nature of the platform, nothing super complicated and hard to get into, or that would be pointless to only play for 15 min intervals (but I don't want to play something as mindless as candy crush or whatever).

It really feels that way, and It just blows my mind how much I loved my gameboy as a kid and now I have something ridiculously more powerful with nothing to play on it.

The problem really is the outlook. Nobody on mobile wants to buy a game and so nobody on mobile wants to sell a game. But the game needs to get a profit somehow, so they all set up gambling mechanics as the way to squeeze money out of you. Some older mobile games instead try to annoy you into buying skip mechanics. Either case, the games themselves are pointlessly bad and not worth playing.

If you still wanted a few recommendations, Puzzle & Dragons is pretty good through its story mode. After that, you just have the optional dungeons where the jump between difficulties is a huge spike because they assume you have the strong gacha dragons, so it's not much worth playing. Battle Cats is another one which has a pretty decent story mode, but once you start going into the optional side missions you'll start finding blue enemies and swarms of black enemies, so much that nothing you have can counter them outside pulling the right gacha things. So at least they're decent to start.

The Trail is actually fairly good, although I've not got to the end to say if it falls apart or not by then.

There might be some good mobile games to just purchase, but most people obviously aren't even bothering to buy them when there are so many free options out there.

Do you like rhythm games? Groove coaster is fun

Like said, Groove Coaster is a good one to try. If you like that, also try Cytus, Deemo, and other games by the group Rayark, their stuff if high quality.

Other games I'd definitely recommend are:
Candies n' Curses
Downwell
RunGunJumpGun
Run or Die
DATA WING
Bullet Hell Monday
Meganoid (2017)
Void Pyramid
Cosmic Challenge Racing
Giana Sisters
Sonic 1 and 2

I have more, but those are easy to grab and low cost. I personally stick to paid games for the most part, but even there you have to be picky and really dig in to how the game works.

Attached: CandiesForAnts.jpg (200x200, 9K)

Try Polandball NSFWorld

Attached: PNSFW.jpg (266x355, 26K)

I don't remember what it was called because it was a few years ago, but there was a die-based rpg where you rolled dice to attack and mixed and matched dice with your monsters. Plus you could craft new dice. It had a pixel art aesthetic and it was on Android. If anyone knows which game I'm talking about feel free to reply, it was pretty fun for a mobile game.
There's also Puzzle and Dragons. I don't play it any more, but I loved it while I did play. Just don't let the gacha suck you in

Are you talking about Crimson Shroud?

mobile gaming masterrace

If you like Slay the Spire there’s Pirate Outlaws, one buck and it has way more content than slay the spire, better gameplay, and more unlockables.

Play monument valley

No, it was a lighthearted art style and more retro looking than that

Thanks. Will try these out
Sounds interesting

square enix go mobile series is fun. Also, shattered pixel dungeon.

Buriedborns feels like a real videogame. Thats high praise for mobile gaming. The iap is to make the ad at the bottom go away.
Pixel dungeon and shattered pixel dungeon are good too.

Attached: Screenshot_20190711-170027_Buriedbornes.jpg (1440x2960, 732K)

Potion Maker!

The events are slowing down lately...

Attached: star witch.png (1080x1920, 2.22M)

Best games are emulated ones. Having something like advanced wars in retroarch helps cure boredom slightly, and you can play one handed so you don't look like an autist.

Play Part Time UFO.

Attached: HalLabs.jpg (512x512, 24K)

Nothing about this picture looks fun to me
This looks pretty decent, will add to the list. Easy to get into, takes time to master.

tiny dice dungeon
Really good but it hits a brick wall cause the devs abandoned it

You just send dudes out to die in buriedborns and hope they find some nice loot to make your next run not as shitty or find soulstones to unlock classes. No gatcha for classes. You find currency in game and pay to unlock. There is some actual learning in it as you figure out what skills and perks are good.
Its surprisingly decent for a free game.

Duet, Canabalt and Super Hexagon are perfect mobile games.

Just play Muse Dash. Despite all the people shilling it lately, it's actually quite good.

Attached: 08547496-B759-4B20-BB0D-DC712197704B.gif (400x400, 1.01M)

>get a new S10
>powerful enough phone to actually play some games
>only see people recommend Fate, Fire Emblem, and other gachas

Is there anything like FTL that's like an actual game? tfw no FTL on mobile

Attached: 1545959429828.jpg (400x400, 23K)

Dungeon Warfare 1&2
Archero
Teppen if you have money

Uniwar is a pretty good hex board turn based strategy game. If you liked Hoplite then give it a try.
Also check out HyperRogue. It's a (classic style) roguelike that takes place on a hyperbolic plane. Very cool. I prefer to play the Desktop version though because the mobile app doesn't run so well on my old phone, but it's very well suited to mobile (being turn based with simple controls).

I kill time with Bloons, pretty good if you like tower defence.

minecraft? I mean it´s the mobile market, actual games are rare there...

Kemco

Same. FTL would be perfect

Hitman Go

What's the best emulators for SNES or ps1 games?

The Go series is pretty good. Hitman Go, Lara Croft Go, and Deus Ex Go, in that order.

Pathos. Also no mtx or jewery.

Use google play top new paid feature

what this

>play store is 99% garbage non-games
>download an emulator to play Castlevania
>can't enjoy it because touch controls are a fucking atrocity
>give up and just use my phone as an MP3 player
Smarphones were a mistake

Attached: 1557935986048.png (800x540, 107K)

The only problem with mobile games is that when you start a thread people only list games in the top 10 or their own shit games they are trying to viral market.

Play Wayward Souls

Attached: WaywardSoulsLogo.jpg (1010x716, 89K)

well user, is you funna tell us what music you listen to and what music player you use?

Attached: TelescopicController.jpg (1160x1160, 132K)

I enjoyed cultist simulator, but once you get far into it can be a lot to handle

good game, howd you come across it

Emulate. If you don't like than then play pixel dungeon

>Kemco
I like these guys far more than I probably should. A Shame Seek Hearts didn't click with me.

Attached: DNmihiQUEAAnB5w.jpg large.jpg (471x1000, 78K)

Unironically fortnite mobile.

I actually enjoy digging around the Play Store and looking for stuff the interests me. Since the prices are so ridiculously low, I didn't mind taking a risk each paycheck and trying out something new.

Noodlecake has a bunch of good stuff in their stable anyway, so rolling the dice on them is no problem.

heres a tip, continue to dig around the playstore in the paid section and then, google the apk

Try siralim 3
It's a cool SMT / Pokemon / Disgaea style game

If you want the animu and gacha go grab Alice Gear Aegis. Mechamusume is always nice and it uses artists from Gundam and the main guy who did all of the stuff like Strike Witches and Frame Arms Girls.

The Quest is a decent first person RPG, if you're into this kind of stuff.

Attached: the-quest_117581_full.jpg (406x228, 42K)

cardinal quest 2

i cant stop recommending iron marines

>apk but no obb
Never forget the second step!
Jokes aside, I mainly do that with games that got taken down from the Play Store, and hope the devs didn't lock the full game behind a server.

Attached: Cordy2.jpg (2048x1536, 268K)

obb? whats this

its a nice full RTS, a bit hard on some missions due difficulty, but comfy to touchscreens

aaaand for the third time i forgot the pic

Attached: file.png (800x350, 846K)

Another's Eden, Dr. Mario, Teppen, PUBG Mobile, Underlords, Final Fantasy Opera Omnia, Pokemon GO.

pirated apk sometimes need you manually copy an obb folder with the data to work

An Obb file is a large data archive that can be accessed by the Apk. I believe it's the "additional" file the Play Store downloads when you grab large games. If you try to download an Apk of a large game, but don't have the obb, the apk will not work, the data it needs is missing.

Another Eden. JRPG mobage. It's a callback to Chrono Trigger. There's dungeon crawling, the fishing, the mining, the JRPG music, sidequests, and probably one of the best names in hindsight. Unlike a lot of japanese mobage, it's a game you can do on your own time since it doesn't lock you out of events and constantly roll you over with time limits.

Right now is a really good time to reroll since they're handing out two 10 rolls, which is a god send.

downloading this rn, gib tips

Reroll for Mariel. Best cleric in the game bar none, never gets power creeped, and will be in almost every team. Course if you're impatient, you can get her 4* version and upgrade her later on. Anything that's a 5* has a lower ranked version that can be upgraded to 5* later.

As it stands, just do things on your own time. Don't try to overfish because the fishing grind will take a very, very long time. When you're doing the main story, weaknesses don't matter as much but start to affect how hard or easy it is for the more absurd end game stuff. Debuffs are more important than buffs, but buffs help. Equips matter, but during the main game at least you can get away with not grinding any.

Attached: Mariel.png (1240x1240, 1.22M)

I hear Epic Seven is one of the best turn-based gacha games out there right now, it takes a while to really get into it tho (from my experience)

Last day on earth zombie survival is pretty great and my personal favorite if you like survival games, very grindy tho

Downwell

if you want a strategy game get Subterfuge. It's a week-long RTS that utilizes the fact it's a phone game excellently.

yep, that's the one. I stopped playing before I hit that wall thankfully

any advance wars-like games? I was excited when Fire Emblem Heroes got announced but then it was revealed to be incredibly dumbed down (seriously, only 4 characters per battle?) and drowned in gachashit

>any advance wars-like games?
Wargroove, although that might just be a Steam release and not mobile.

Final Fantasy Tactics: WotL is literally the best mobile game ever.

Did you like the phone controls? I tried it out once and didn't really like them.

Sdorica's pretty fun.

Attached: 1561782406347.png (760x507, 633K)

It's kinda sad that the best gaming on mobile is emulation. I've played a lot of SNES/GBA RPGs on my phone. I tried Fire Emblem Heroes and thought it was so bad I downloaded some actual FE roms and it was way more satisfying.

Pokemon

Twilight Struggle is a good cold war card game on the phone

>advance wars like
Uniwar

Pixel dungeon and seedship are moble ludo.

They released a game from hitpoint months ago with more characters than usual and more of a focus on c&c. Only in jp though

>ludo
go back to Yea Forums pedophile scum