Should Nintendo make the 3DS forever?

Should Nintendo make the 3DS forever?

I think we come at this from a perspective of old tech being replaced by new tech. I don't really think this is valid. Why should they discontinue it? The library is huge and imo, the switch doesn't completely make it obsolete. Why not keep making them in small quantities for the few that want it? It could be an evergreen product.

Attached: Nintendo-3DS-AquaOpen.png (300x272, 89K)

They should

The 3DS is probably the best handheld console of all time. Shame that there probably won't be another one like it produced by Nintendo because of the Switch. The stylus actually added to what games you could make, like I don't think Etrian Odyssey like games would work at all without one, or at least be very tedious.
What they should do is make a new GBA with games that you can download to it. That would be kind of cool.

Why keep making outdated tech?

Why? The only loss is the dual screen and the few games that utilized it well like Etrian Odyssey. 3D Land and Link Between Worlds were both legitimately great entries in their series; but, the Switch library has already surpassed the 3DS.

The issue will be in sourcing the components. The battery and speakers will be easy, the case molding is easy, the screen might be a challenge. A low res touch screen is so unpopular that no one will want to make one. It will become more expensive to make that it is now. That will cause this to be a luxury type of "analog" product, similar to fountain pens and mechanical watches.

I see no reason for them to discontinue it otherwise. Other companies will try to recreate the magic of simple handhelds (like Panic), but I think Nintendo should be the ones to do so.

"Surpass" is not the concern here. They offer different games. Experiences that people will want to relive. Quartz surpassed mechanical watches but there are still people who want mechanical watches. As gamers age I think some will want to go back to these consoles. Maybe it's a good business idea for Nintendo to think about, otherwise these players have to buy secondhand products.

>Should Nintendo make the Gameboy forever?

>I think we come at this from a perspective of old tech being replaced by new tech. I don't really think this is valid. Why should they discontinue it? The library is huge and imo, the GBA doesn't completely make it obsolete. Why not keep making them in small quantities for the few that want it? It could be an evergreen product.

Attached: 1542725562394.jpg (590x590, 14K)

>stop playing games on console because company discontinued product to make you move on to their latest turd
bad meme

>the switch doesn't completely make it obsolete.

Except it does. This has been solidified even more with the Switch Lite, which is a dedicated handheld system. The DSs are done just like the GameBoys.

eventually the console will break or get misplaced, then what?

They should make a new 3ds that plays all games from both the Gameboy and DS lines of handhelds. Whether they wanna accomplish that via a physical port or a full downloadable eshop section dedicated to these older games, I don't care. Just as long as they do it, period.

also a good point

>console will break
If you're a child sure

what about the battery aging?

I have a GBAsp with the bright screen, and new 3dsxl. The best 2 systems. I can play all of the games pre switch, and never have to buy a handheld from them ever again

Except the GBA absolutely does completely make the Gameboy obsolete, so no not a good point at all. You CAN'T play 3DS games on the Switch.

Stop comparing the switch to backwards compatible consoles, it's a disservice to even compare them to a fuckup like the Switch.

You find a new one

How come only one guy knew how to do nintendo 3ds hentai that pops out of the screen, you'd think all of japan artists would get in on that but no...

You retards cannot acknowledge or understand that people are buying record players, fountain pens, mechanical watches, Jordans and New Balances that were originally released 30 years ago.

it was a nice novelty, but who the fuck really wants to look at hentai on their 3DS
the idea really didn't get much less than it deserved

I totally agree with your point throughout this thread. Most people on here are far too left-brained to understand.