I love the legend of Zelda I love the cartoony style and the realistic style because every game always feels like it...

I love the legend of Zelda I love the cartoony style and the realistic style because every game always feels like it has its charm and unique vision but what the fuck is the deal with the remake for links awakening it doesent have the charm of cartoony Zelda and looks bland I love the original links awakening because it always had a certain charm to it and the graphics were actually pretty charming but the remake just looks bland and everything it feels very lazy and doesent have the charm of wind waker or anything they totally trampled over the original

Attached: 30646D0D-DF72-4FE6-BE82-7272853CDF51.jpg (1510x1220, 230K)

Remaking LA was a mistake.
They should have just put the original on Virtual Console (remember when that was a thing?).

All the resources they wasted should have been spent on a new game.

I think the artstyle looks fine, but the camera not locking to each screen is atrocious. You can see the enemies hopping around past the treeline by the crane game.

They should have just made it 16 bit with the same camera angle as the original and same colors

>Westshit: everything is a real-life now
>Nendendoshit: everything is a cartoon now
there is no winning

Having no screen transitions is in theory a good change, but the fact that the asset placement is still 99.99% identical means it's pretty pointless. It's the kind of feature you'd design the whole game around, not shoehorn into an old game.

Original has nice colors

too gamey

Nintendo should try harder

I think it looks good. Never played the original though.

Actually, that’s the issue. The new art style looks more like a 3d animation and less like a game. That’s why it looks “soulless”

I reccomend emulating the original or buying it on virtual console it’s actually really good and it holds up well

I'd like to see Nintendo trying to take a little bit serious approach instead of that plastic cartoon artstyle but that's probably is never going to happen.

I agree but I kinda like how breath of the wild was semi realistic but cartoony I would like to see more of that style

Idk, I kinda like the look. Makes everything look like a toy.

Would you have this same opinion if this were a new game instead of a remake?

I don't get it. The one time a Zelda game has a really good, people call it "bland" and "ugly. It looks fantastic. It looks like a figurine set with graphical effects that jive well and aren't overbearing (no bloom overload, lens flares, etc.). The only problem I have is with the tilt-shift effect, that blur in the back and foreground. That's the one stupid thing that was done just because it popular, I guess.

I probally would have the same opinon Zelda can work with cartoony graphics but toy graphics just seem boring and lazy

No, I wanted to see something like Shadow of the Colossus

>it jives well, the only problem I have is that it doesn't
ok

Is there anything added to the remake that makes it worth buying?

I'm surprised that it's just a remake and not a link between worlds-esque re imagining of links awakening