Gonna play this shit for the 100th time

Gimme a (((fun))) build to try for a fresh playthrough. Fuck off with the broken 20 str melee builds and mages that spam harm. I want something that's fun above all else.

Attached: Arcanum_cover_copy.jpg (220x266, 19K)

Download the technology balance mod and play a gunslinger.

this but find some way to remove critical failure so you don't immediately die

or keep it if you think that mechanic is interesting

Explosives + Throwing for fun grenadier build

Haven't tried the technology balance mod. I've had success with a gunslinger in vanilla. What exactly does it change?

Already done that.

Attached: download.jpg (1000x1333, 420K)

It doesn't make the technology route completely worthless and a chore to play. Although if you already tried that path before there's no point in doing it again.

Does it have any effect on schematic availability? That was by far the worst part about the tech path I found was needing a certain schematic for a critical part of a build and having to spend ages running between shops to find it. If that was fixed I'd be absolutely up for another tech run.

max persuasion and charisma.

Have all companions and complete all posible paths.

Use the Reflective Shield + Polymorph bug to permanently turn all of Arcanum into sheep.

>-Important schematic changes so that good items require a special rare component, typically only found at certain parts in the game

Yes.

Realtalk: do you play this game on Hard mode or are you a cool guy gamer who detests the combat and only plays for the story?

Hard and Real time is the way to go

Medium. The games already a broken mess. No point in throwing on modifiers that weren't properly balanced. The combat isn't difficult even on hard anyways.

>properly balanced
>arcanum

Attached: 1353698620028.png (853x480, 404K)

I play on easy cuz the game is so easy to break it's not even funny after the 9th time

Not difficult on hard unless you play melee, fucking 20% base to-hit without accounting for Dodge.

>quest to find missing dorf king
>have to go through hard as balls dungeon filled with lava golems and shit
>after finally reaching the end my party barely makes it out alive with broken weapons and armor. they're basically naked
>find dorf king and speak to him, he's now a hermit
>"oh man, now I have to go ALL the way back through those mines again to the quest giver"
>"wait, what's this"
>"WHAT'S THIS?!"
>"THAT FUCKER HAD A LADDER LEADING STRAIGHT TO THE ROOM WHERE HIS SON IS? THOSE FUCKING CUNTS MADE ME GO THROUGH ALL THAT AND THERE'S A FUCKING LADDER THERE?"

Attached: 1450491878717.gif (250x188, 562K)

You know what I meant. All hard really does is make shit like stealth and pickpocketing nearly impossible without save scumming. The combat is still easy as fuck. So it's really pointless to play on hard.

That's just it, game becomes piss easy once you pass the initial hurdle of the game where you critically miss most of your attacks in the beginning
I just told my party members to wait while I chugged molotovs at the fire giants, got tired of seeing them destroy their equipment every encounter.

Gonna play for the first time
Give me a super retard ungabunga build to play

If you weren't such an ugly, unpersuasive pleb you could have just had his son open the ladder for you before you even went into the dungeon. That's what you get for being a social retard.

How come they're not immune to fire?

Why do they lie to you though? Why make you go through all that if they know where the king is? Why is everyone in this universe such a cunt?

20 strength melee build=completely fucking broken. Max out dex as well for double attack speed. You'll be yawning through combat in no time.

first build, it's better to go melee or mage, gunslinger can be very tricky for newcomers, and technology takes a while to become a profitable investment. You could go smithing + melee, for instance, that'll require high intelligence, strength and dexterity.
Or go full high charisma.

that's a very good question.

Attached: 1545172675614.png (517x396, 273K)

The prince, the king's son, does not want him bothered, because he's in royal exile, and the prince wants to live up to what is expected of him.

If you're persuasive AND intelligent enough, you can convince the prince to teach you about the dwarven philosophy of the Shape and the Stone (i.e. your destiny and your mettle), which you can then use on the king to get him to open up to you. But this requires like 3 ranks of persuasion and like 13 intelligence so not a lot of people get to see it.

If you didn't already get that dwarfs are sociopathic recluses from hearing Gilbert Bates talk about them, I don't know what to tell you.

half ogre
melee
high car and persuasion
lockpics
breake the fucking game completelly

anything not a dwarf + Harm + between 10 and 20 spells (most broken ones are Fireball, Disintegration and Teleportation, Resurrection can undo severe fuckups... but so can quickloading.)

all magic
Desintegration
Use it on every fucking thing, alive or not

>I'm looking for the city of Qintarra. It's quite important.
>Qintarra? You seek Qintarra?
>Yes, that's what I said. Do you know where it is?
>It's in the forest. Even a fool knows that.
>I realize it's in the forest...
>Then why are you asking me where it is?
>Do you know where Qintarra is located or not?
>Yes.
>Out with it, man!
>In the Glimmering Forest.
>Yes. I bloody know it's in the blasted forest already, we've been over this. Look, this isn't funny. Where, exactly, in the forest is Qintarra?
>In the trees.
>IN WHAT TREES?!
>The trees in the forest :^)

Attached: pi.jpg (680x680, 65K)

>lol go catch bigfoot for me fgt
>I HAVE A BETTER IDEA
>shank the guy and deliver his necklace to that broad in Shrouded Hills who's been missing it forever, she gratefully tells me where Qintarra is

Post yfw:
>Level 1
>All alone, cause you told Virgil to fuck off
>Built for maximum charisma
>No combat stats
>Random encounter
>Pack of dire wolves

Attached: 2dq6xv.jpg (710x473, 75K)

>telling Virgil to fuck off
>ever
>under any circumstances
>ever

Attached: 1541787035161.jpg (800x450, 74K)

What made you ditch Virgil?

Virgil is a faggot and you know it. The only true bro is Sogg.

Was simply doing a playthrough where I didn't want any association with the religion shit, that included Virgil trying his propoganda on me to try and convince me I was the chosen one.