Have the Japanese ever created a great FPS?

Have the Japanese ever created a great FPS?

Why don't the Japanese like the genre more?

Attached: jp.gif (470x307, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8825456
youtube.com/watch?v=zVIaQrLEh7I
youtube.com/watch?v=1PvNfkpM0G8
youtube.com/watch?v=qca_bXtxIe4
youtube.com/watch?v=093zqnWVQ9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=jSFHNJDl1ms
youtube.com/watch?v=TlPrF4FrmRU
youtube.com/watch?v=lJSM-zFZx9g
youtube.com/watch?v=sktfmk4clnM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFVpfe_d0Dk
youtube.com/watch?v=Jix5v7RDd1A
youtu.be/rszPXD8PSdY
youtu.be/_ht4dbyPIcM
youtu.be/qV5kcp7msRI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

have the japanese created a great anything?

Many japs claim FPS gives them motion sickness

They are the best at every video game genre besides FPS, RTS, and Tactics.

proof?

>Best at anything that doesn't require skill
lel

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8825456

The fps genre is very violent just like it's creators: the Americans
The Japanese are too civil and well behaved for such genre

interdasting

uh oh, you weren't supposed to just post the next 2 DLC fighters OP...

that's why Call of Duty sells well there then huh

thats funny considering the americans literally pacified their entire country

Look at this & tell me how many non-Japanese games are on here

Attached: 2E7FC4AF-97EA-408B-B867-F5EC15D85A6A.png (1140x960, 1.09M)

platformers. Yeah, I know indie devs are making platformers, but the best in history have been Japanese.

how is this relevant? prove to me that there is a better japanese game than western in every other genre, go ahead

>FPS
>RTS
>skill

Holy fuck this list is even worse than IMDB's top movies.

>Being this much of a faggot over obvious hyperbole
Go suck yourself off for finding spelling mistakes in people’s posts, faggot

By not one but 2 enormous war crimes killing 100 thousands of civilians

Attached: 1500230947633.jpg (761x759, 35K)

A great FPS must be designed for PC to be great.
Japanese only make eroge for PC.

>prove
>subjective taste
Although I suspect that was your whole point.

Turok and Doom 64 were specifically designed for consoles and are among the best in the genre.

Learn your fucking vidya you fucking retards.

How can you be forgetting one of the most influential and groundbreaking FPS's of all time?

Attached: file.png (220x305, 187K)

>Fighting games
No competition. Street Fighter, Marvel, Guilty Gear, Tekken, Melee, etc.
>3D Action
Likewise, no competition. DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Bayo, God Hand, etc.
>Shmup
Do I need to repeat myself
>Platformers
Same, all the best ones are retro nintendo, capcom, and konami games

Are you kidding me? The only reason why they are so shy about putting violence in media is because they don't want to go back to their natural, island monkey ways.

Attached: f38a05883da479abd82ffe61b346fc33-500.jpg (889x500, 55K)

fighting games

that prevented a land invasion that would have killed millions more

This has got me wondering about what japanese FPS games do exist. If anyone knows of any at all, please post them. The only one I know from memory is Crime Crackers because im guilty of watching a lot of garbage on youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=zVIaQrLEh7I

better be b8

Because it's not an FPS, and they went out of their way to say so back before it released.

The Japanese don't have a history of using firearms like the US does so they're not so interested or knowledgeable of FPS games like we are. Japs are more into rhythm games, gacha, and card games. Or just whatever is cute to them

What about Breakdown?
youtube.com/watch?v=1PvNfkpM0G8

Breakdown was by Namco and released on the og Xbox

Yeah both american and japanese soldier deaths
Meanwhile the nukes were dropped on civilian settlements

Splatoon seems to be popular.

>tfw can't even name a single japanese FPS game

Attached: feelknuckles.png (503x483, 347K)

>It's from a first person perspective
>Combat mainly involves firearms

Just becaust Nintendo are geniuses and made an FPS that soccer moms wouldn't mind buying their kids, and then marketed as not even an FPS in the first place is irrelevent.

Lmao it actually shows how amazingly clever Nintendo are with their marketing that people still refuse to call a blatant FPS an FPS to this day.

That was developed by a Texan Studio, also what said

You should do some research into the matter, since you're parroting the most basic bitch arguments that can be debunked with ten seconds on google

Resident Evil 7

>Texan Studio

LMAO. So because Chernobyl was in Ukraine, you wouldn't say it was a Russian fuckup?

You're a fucking idiot my dude, a real fucking dumb dumb we've got on our hands here.

>Hurrr Nissan have factories in the US so therefore they're not Japanese cars.

LMAO you're acutally a FUCKING retard you idiot. Don't fucking talk again because you clearly know fucking NOTHING

RE7

I can get behind the whole first person adventure label, but that doesn't mean FPS doesn't apply to Metroid Prime. Not to mention, Retro Studios is an american studio.

Play Breakdown

200000 civilians killed and 2150 japanese soldier killed
These were cities not military encampments!

Look at the portion of the US National budget on the military industrial complex and just how much pro-military propaganda the government shits out. We also have way more personal gun ownership than any other country.
We worship the military that forms the setting of most FPS games and grow up around the guns that are used in the genre.

>Why don't the Japanese like the genre more?
Because the genre is boring as hell?
Literally the same mechanic repeated over and over again. Hide, move when no one is watching, try to catch the enemy without being seen, shoot, repeat. The same problem racing games have. So much so, that the only mildly successful fps lately are ones which subvert the genre introducing magic like overwatch or forcing people to move like fortnite.
The genre is spent.

They could probably work around the mechanic, but I don't think they could come up with a setting that fits the genre and at the same time be interesting to their culture.
Maybe with the rise of VR they'll come up with something, considering how fucking satisfying is playing House of the Dead. They love interactivity.

breakdown is the only one I even know of

It's true, Japanese didn't make the Metroid Prime series. Metroid Prime was already in development at an Austin studio, Retro Games, before Nintendo invested in the studio and renamed the project.

It's been rumored that Japanese were working on Metroid Prime 4 in Japan, but that project was actually cancelled for some reason and development handed back over to Retro Studios.

>Have the Japanese ever created a great FPS?
I dont think so, there was breakdown but that's more of a first person best them up
it gives them motion sickness
besides, do you really think they can make an fps that can match games like quake, blood or ut 04?

kileak

Yes
A great maid

Attached: 2018-06-27-966247.jpg (1646x1677, 164K)

I guess RDR 2 is better than 90% of all games since it has a 97 score across the board on metacritic

Instead, they fuck the guns.

>do you really think they can make an fps that can match games like quake, blood or ut 04?
It wouldn't hurt us if they try. I mean, what was the last great FPS? TF2, FEAR?

dont reply to that faggot,he always posts tops and charts like that one

Why did you post Doom next to Sakuya? What's the correlation here?

Doom represents FPS, Sakuya represents Japan

>all this shittery about Metroid Prime
>a game made by white people in America
LOL

last year's overload was pretty good unless you mean AAA wise then I dont fucking know, maybe CoJ gunslinger, was that AAA?

Sakuya is European though.

Dusk? Amid Evil? Ion notMaiden? nuShadow Warrior? I dunno. There have been lots of good boomer-core FPS games recently.

A Japanese-made character, though

You forgot CRPGs and racing games. There pretty much great at making anything else though.

I enjoyed Ion Maiden for what it was, but I think it suffered from the "spiritual sequel" problem of trying to emulate something instead of taking the good shit and move forward.
Gonna check overload and the rest.

They do make good racing vidya, it's just not as good as Western racing vidya and outside of Gran Turdismo, it's almost all whacky arcade shit.

f-zero gx is the best racing game

That's true but I'd rather have clones of mid 90s FPS over another "cinematic experience" at any rate

Do something about it then....oh wait HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Overload is Descent with an upgrade system and no hitscanning enemies
Pretty good, I other words.

Yeah I know, he was doing it for nearly a year and I never saw anybody call it out

It's one of the best arcade racing games. It has nothing to do with simcade/simulation racing so if I want to play Dirty Rally, you can't really be like "Oh, F Zero GX is better!" and make sense saying it.

Fuck off. The Japs reaped what they sowed

that's what makes overload stand out, it doesnt need to remind you of descent
I have called out sometimes but that nigger just says typical newfag buzzwords like 'obsessed' or 'cope' so might as well not even reply, and I'm more impressed people reply to his threads and dont call him out

>Yeah, no civiliians will die when two massive armies clash in close quarters street to street fight to the death melees
>like EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN RUSSIA AND GERMANY AND RESULTED IN THE MOST WARTIME DEATHS ON ANY FRONT IN ANY WAR EVER FOUGHT

Y-yeah, those nukes were 100 percent evil and there is no possible way things could have been worse.

>I enjoyed Ion Maiden for what it was, but I think it suffered from the "spiritual sequel" problem of trying to emulate something instead of taking the good shit and move forward.
Dusk has this same problem imo.

Via the magic of "just fucking ask google" I now present a handful of old ass japanese FPS games.

youtube.com/watch?v=qca_bXtxIe4
youtube.com/watch?v=093zqnWVQ9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=jSFHNJDl1ms
youtube.com/watch?v=TlPrF4FrmRU
youtube.com/watch?v=lJSM-zFZx9g
youtube.com/watch?v=sktfmk4clnM
and a pair of indie things
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFVpfe_d0Dk
youtube.com/watch?v=Jix5v7RDd1A

what is google

Violence is actually really taboo in Japan in the same way that sex is in America. Ever since CERO was created games get censored really hard over there in order to ideally get a CERO-B or C at the highest. Particularly anything involving guns, crime or drugs.
For example, if you can commit crimes in a game, it immediately is rated CERO-D which means you have to be 17 to buy it. CERO is famous for being ridiculously strict.

Localized games almost never get censored though, oddly enough, outside of just having less blood.

Reaped what?
They attacked a small military base to convey their will for war with the americans as it's custom
No civilian got killed by the way
And the American'r answer to this was committing war crime by damning them to die in nuclear fire and their land to became unlivable for hundreds of years

Have the westerners ever created a great RPG?
Why don't the westerners like the genre more?

>skipping the parts between Pearl Harbor and Hiroshima/Nagasaki

How does one become as retarded as you?

Fallout is literally a better RPG than every single RPG that ever came out of Japan and most JRPGs are barely RPGs in the first place.

Debate me.

tiny eyes

MOBA faggot detected

The Japanese has never made an actual RPG. Waifu bullshit simulator is not an RPG.

>pacified
Just like burgers """pacified""" the middle east, by committing war crimes and pretending to be a hero

JRPG are not RPG, numbers going up are not role playing

I just remembered the greatest thing japan has made related to an fps

Attached: 7e0.jpg (850x531, 253K)

So the japs that go to guam to shoot guns don't have interest and the ones playing with airsoft are not interested either in firearms?

Not a burger, but the Japs deserved more than 2 nukes for what they did to Nanjing, they're their nation still exists.

dilate

>nu-Doom
>great FPS

Attached: disgust.jpg (453x439, 27K)

I'm not saying individual Japanese people can't be interested in guns. I'm saying that Japan as a whole generally loves rhythm, gacha, and card games. Seriously, they fucking love gacha. They have multiple pachinko cabinets styled after different series that play video clips the more you play it because they gamble so much
youtu.be/rszPXD8PSdY
youtu.be/_ht4dbyPIcM
youtu.be/qV5kcp7msRI

Fucking pussies
Same with alcohol, they can't handle shit

Attached: gzdoom 2019-06-27 19-16-20-17.png (1920x1080, 102K)

they know that you can't play fps on console

Here we go.

Literally everyone in this thread fail to understand why the japanese aren't that much into making or playing FPS games.
As an intersectional weeb, let me explaim:
Japanese gamers in general like two things in special characters and sexiness. FPS does not usually focus on these things.
FPS is a genre about the action, what is happening in real time and the adrenaline it generates at the moment.
Japanese people, and weebs in general as well, however, are people who do not see the point of playing a game that is so devoid of characters.
Even the camera angle implies who you are playing as is irrelevant, as it is menat to mimic your own point of view, as opposed to the point of view of the character you're playing as.

Doom is kind of an exception because Doom Guy is a popular character, but either way he isn't popular in a way that is usually appreciated in japanese culture.
It's not because he is violent and manly.
It is because the game does not bother to justify this violent behavior with the only thing that japanese gamers care about: women.

If there was some really well designed sexy female character that Doom Guy was interested in, he as a character would have infinitely greater potential of being popular in Japan.

This ties to another thing in the japanese gamer mindset: the character designe.
This should be clear to anyone, but japanese people give far more importance to character design than the west.
Or rather, I should say that what they consider a good character design is not necessarily linked to being realistic or practical. They will do what is cool, regardless of it makes any realistic sense or not. Which is an artistical stance that westerners seem to not agree with.
Male characters must be badass looking, and female characters must be cute and/or sexy.
None of these things are important in FPS games.

Attached: raypier-p-02.jpg (1000x1414, 201K)

Doom 2 on Ultra-Violence/Nightmare is basically a first person bullet hell anyway

The nips are some of the most bloodthirsty bastard you can find on the whole planet, what the fuck are you talking about

t.westrannies

>white people in America
doubt

Attached: Duck.jpg (797x719, 94K)

uhh, does Outtrigger count?
I know it has a first person option

Are you forgetting all the light gun shooters that were in arcades?

>Debate me!
>get called a tranny

nigga it's a google search away

Attached: 1533747682064.png (446x444, 20K)

wrpgs were never good.

He was making a joke about how no one in America is white, user.

Attached: 1519626367501.jpg (720x358, 34K)

>white people
>in america
doubt

Attached: duckbig.png (601x601, 267K)

>spangenberg

>Debate me!
>No!
Okay, I win then. Fallout is a real RPG, Final Fantasy is not.

Attached: 1526328086992.jpg (489x483, 24K)

well color me retarded i've got no sense of humor

at least you have the good humour to realise when you dun goof'd.

Attached: Duck2.jpg (680x907, 80K)

I have this problem too and I don't know what to do about it.
It's strange because I played a shitton of TF2 and never had any problem with that game but I replayed doom recently and I can't play more than on hour without feeling unwell.
Same things happend with Katamari Damacy which sucks, I still managed to beat it but I had to play it in short sessions

>first person shooters make me motion sick
>produces Sonic Adventure

I projectile vomited from playing that game and no other game has ever made me sick. The headbob in Wolfenstein 2009 made me feel queasy, but I never puked and that was probably due to playing it on Xbox 3shitty.

real rpgs suck.

They don't have PCs

>every touhou is pc

toasters != pcs

Attached: gaping hole.png (484x456, 370K)

Did you forget when Japan tried to firebomb San Diego with balloons?

Where is proof?

Unironically because you can't see your character.

Japs are pretty much non-existent in all RTS, FPS and MOBA esports.
Their only success is in fighting games.

Attached: _104440561_gettyimages-1061708446.jpg (660x371, 20K)

japanese people are pedophiles. They should of been genocided

dilate

japan has fewer child molestations/rapes than america

...are you implying that the piece of shit zoom-doom would be a "great" FPS? Hell, you mostly watch cutscenes of a mute HALO-guy PUNCH things to death!

okay pedo

stop projecting

stop projecting what? that you're a pedo defending a pedo race? LMAO

Literally the only outright japanese FPS that comes to mind Girls Army.
And that's not very good, aside from playing as a trap with a bulge.

They suck ass at RPG's. Once you've played one of their shitty ass RPG's, you've played the rest.

yeah, just like your mom last night at my place lol

Attached: Screenshot_Doom_20190528_212040.png (1920x1080, 474K)

this was made by some weebs on zdoom forum

Lee goldson?

Resident Evil 7 was pretty good.

Can't think of any others. I guess they just don't care about FPS.

They got nuked twice the last time they played an FPS

Can't tell if bait or retarded

it wasn't

Attached: Screenshot_Doom_20190531_135955.png (1920x1080, 537K)

cope westcuck

OP said "great FPS", not "some shitty Wolfenstein clones on console".

>war crimes
How is this even a thing? Are the war police gonna arrest people committing war crimes lmao. Like what? Its war. Anything goes.

For some people it’s the “first person” aspect and not the fast weird camera movement stuff.

I don't get how these two images are related.

They made Gunvalkyrie. It's not a FPS because of how obseesed they are with making characters to ogle but, if they ever made another one, I assume it would play similarly, taking verticality into consideration.

Attached: 220px-Gunvalkyriecover.jpg (220x311, 32K)

I don't even like RDR2 very much but yeah it's better than 90% of games. What did you mean to achieve with this post?

I never seen anything worse than what you posted. Congrats for that.

Would Doomguy count as a human or has he killed enough demons to be counted as a youkai if he landed in Former Hell?

Attached: thinking.gif (256x256, 663K)

cringe.

They used to until the Shogunate banned them until the Meiji Restoration.

Attached: Lacquered_boxes_against_rain.jpg (1989x2822, 932K)

Pretty garbage controls and combat design in that game though, seeing as you have to hit and run anytime there are more than 2 aliens. Japs are excellent at ambience though. That game has a memorable atmosphere.

Don't forget bullethell, and action RPGs with rating systems based on that level's performance

Yeah actually they do.

>and their land to became unlivable for hundreds of years
hiroshima and nagasaki were rebuilt not long after the war, many people live in these cities today

Attached: nagasaki.jpg (1920x1280, 624K)

>land to become unlivable for hundreds of years
Are you a fucking retard?

cringe