Villain is a mommy's boy deep down

Attached: Du5a7pNWkAMcdSs.jpg (612x686, 46K)

Your rival is your girlfriend or at least your the person who awaits your dick pics and regularly has phone sex with you

Attached: DDp1ItKV0AAoMIZ.jpg (475x258, 21K)

Sephiroth is honest to God a boring ass villain. Has barely to no lines in the game. The only time he talks is to homosexually taunt Cloud. His plan is a literal copy of Jenova's. Wack shit.

>Villain wins.

Attached: 45ab4ffb.jpg (1280x1280, 98K)

Does Seymour count? I think he hated his mom or thought of her as just a tool.

Attached: riikka-sofia-riekkinen-seymour-ffx-17-netsize.jpg (1000x1495, 434K)

>her mom is his summon

Sephiroth is not really supposed to stand on his own right so much as serve as a foil within the context of Cloud's character arc: Sephiroth is defined in the present by the circumstances of his past whereas Cloud is ultimately able to shed his baggage.

Sephiroth is fucking dead. Cloud and Zack killed him after Jenova caused him to go insane.

The Sephiroth that you fight in FF7 is Jenova, and it acts nothing like the Sephiroth from the Nibelheim flashback and Crisis Core. It even fucks up its illusion on the Shinra boat when it is imitating Sephiroth and it doesn't recognize Cloud. The real Sephiroth would recognize Cloud, Jenova putting on a Spehiroth costume wouldn't.

I don't know why it annoys me so much that many people don't realize this, but it does.

Stop peddling old outdated myths as weak bait.
Jenova is just an alien who works on instinct, Sephiroth is the one who used the intelligence of her powers to mastermind Meteor. There's literally no point having Sephiroth as Cloud's mortal nemesis if Jenova is the real villain

Deep down, are we all mommy boys?

Sephiroth is injected with Jenova though so her nature subconsciously influences him anyway. Sephiroth is in "control" but how much of what he does is dictated by the Jenova part within him.

Retard, Sephiroth was controlling Jenova and Cloud through the lifestream, he was technically dead but his soul was rejected from the lifestream because of his being infused with Jenova cells so he lived on the middle plane inbetween death and the lifestream. He managed to psychicly manipulate every person ever infused with Jenova cells despite staying in one spot in the north crater. Those men in the black rags were most likely the withering remnants of SOLDIER since Mako infusion.

Sephiroth is the villain and mastermind, he managed to manipulate Jenova to do his bidding until he could gather enough souls for resurrection and the black materia.

>user posts the sauce

>gather enough souls for resurrection
What? Souls to resurrect himself were never a thing. Making shit up now.

that is one puffy vulva

The Sephiroth that is Cloud's mortal nemesis is post-Jenova Sephiroth. At the same time, Jenova-Sephiroth makes a bunch of cracks at Hojo and Cloud during the renova that wouldn't make sense if he wasn't Sephiroth. The truth is Sephiroth is the new Jenova, they're functionally one person with the same biological desire as Jenova but with Sephiroth's personality. The Jenova you fight throughout the game is an extension of Sephiroth's original body, and at the same time when you fight the original Sephiroth he turns into a Jenova-esque monster

>Jenova is just an alien who works on instinct

BS. Jenova is intelligent. She wiped out all of the Cetra with her shapeshifting ability. Aerith's mother has a line that went something like "It appeared as our dead friends and family in order to get close to us." Jenova is doing the same thing to Cloud and Tifa when it imitates Sephiroth.

Jenova's body was sitting catatonically for centuries. Only when Sephiroth begins the reunion does its body wake up and takes Sephiroth's form. It's both of them acting as one.

>Remake is going to ruin Sephiroth by giving him hammy FF villain speeches instead of having him go full The Thing like in the original game

Correct. Dull as he is originally, the remake will only make it worse by turning him into a chat happy faggot to Cloud in all kinds of hallucinations and flashbacks that never happened.

>a thousands of years old telepathic alien supermutant mentally overpowered by some test tube baby who is infected by the alien supermutant from birth
How about NO. Cloud's not even fighting "the" Sephiroth, he's fighting a memory of Sephiroth. Expelling Sephiroth from his mind was his personal victory, killing Jenova-Sephiroth was for the sake of the entire planet.

I bet Sephiroth would have never gone insane if he didn't get in close proximity to Jenova.

Jenova and Hojo are the real villains of FF7, and I hope Square gets out of their drunken stupor long enough to make FF7R reflect this.

Attached: jenova.jpg (540x720, 71K)

Actually this guy was responsible.

Attached: GenESIS.jpg (640x360, 58K)

Why call me retard and then back up my point?

Attached: intro-1525973650.jpg (780x439, 48K)

The ancient alien was half dead, it came to life again thanks to the test tube baby. Sephiroth is the villain because he is the product of the Shinra company AND the space parasite Jenova, a veritable anti-planet antichrist.

At least we can breath a sigh of relief that Compilation garbage is confirmed non-canon to FF7R

Attached: 1559253404851.jpg (530x530, 55K)

>I bet Sephiroth would have never gone insane if he didn't get in close proximity to Jenova.
Most likely when his mind snap his Jenova cells warped him. What are Jenova's defining traits:
* senseless destruction
* replication
* reunion
When Sephiroth went mad in Nibelheim, his first instinct was to destroy the village. He couldn't replace at that point, and his second reaction was to flock straight to Jenova. He got his senses back in the Lifestream, discovered the true nature of Jenova, and formed a new master plan.

>sigh a breath of relief
No you can't. They've stated that the compilation forms no continuity with the original game or any of its compilation entries. It's a stand alone game but that doesn't mean compilation entries won't make it into the remake. They've already stated they are looking to see how they can implement compilation aspects. Remember that Nomura is directing the remake.

This is false. A mere memory cannot do something like blocking the holy spell's activation. What Cloud fought at the end is not a memory but instead Sephiroth's Spirit and/or Soul.
I am surprised there's a single person in existence who played the game and experiences this long-awaited moment of pay-back against Sephiroth where, after being mindfucked by him over and over again, you finally manage to turn the tables and use the very same spiritual channel he always used against you to now "trace him back" and finally get rid off him... only to claim that this is all not real and just some "MUH symbolic hallucination" or some shit like that.
No. Again, a hallucination wouldn't have an effect on holy's activation and is therefore an objectively false interpretation.
I mean it's not like it being "real" makes the symbolism any less true though, so I don't get why some retards keep clinging to this bullshit non-sense in the first place.

>tfw Compilation will only be broad strokes in FF7R and not full-on shoehorned in
this is my only wish for the remake

Attached: wooooow.gif (176x144, 240K)

We can't do that yet. Until we see the final product, we can't be sure it won't be there. The characters' personalities are already closer to their Compilation versions than VII for instance. And original's characterization changes were precisely the second worst thing the Compilation brought (after tone change), not the plot holes, stupid new characters, twisting of old facts or changing the setting.

I'm actually fearful that the Remake will end up being worse than the Compilation continuity.

However I expect this: VII > VII+LO+BC > Remake > The full VII Compilation.

Contrarian faggots, shitposters or people still living in 1997

In Crisis Core, they were going to have Sephiroth throw himself into the Mako pit (like Last Order) but test audiences told them that was retarded.
Squenix haven't got a fucking clue

How you can even remotely think FFVII and LO are in the slightest compatible with each other despite "Sephiroth jumps into the mako himself" is beyond me.

Moms are tough

>genesis in reactor was kept in
guess the test audiences aren't all that either in the end

Post your reactions when SE drops new trailer and some of Compilation bullshit is included, like faggot Genesis.

Attached: SadKeanu.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

Starfucker Nomura wasn't going to let them cut that.

B-but I could've sworn Nomura himself stated Compilation works would be excluded from the remake

Attached: 50962662_2330366993675021_517248383245615104_n.jpg (540x540, 27K)

I had forgotten all about this bullshit.
Prime example of Compilaton bullshit, retconning new characters into existing canon.

OMG IT'S GACKTOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1557287806974.gif (413x243, 51K)

pic related because I would officially give up all hope for this remake and stop giving a shit, which would probably feel liberating in a way

Attached: 1461159771815.jpg (570x570, 21K)

Because Square-Enix officially said in an interview that the Sephiroth jumps into Mako part is not true. It was "a faulty Turk report" and the original VII events took place.

Now why they did this, besides being idiotic? I don't fucking know. I guess the most charitable reason I could think of is that they didn't want to spoil the climax/part of the twist outside of VII. Truthfully though, I think they wanted to give Sephiroth the first of his many S-E blowjobs. As though it's "wrong" for him to be defeated.

Anyway Cloud still throws him in the Mako in that continuity.

He's perfect and I love him

Attached: 39840A9E-2248-4B02-9E35-7FE990B3B66C.jpg (500x625, 64K)

Given that Dirge of Cerberus hinted at a sequel, I wouldn't be surprised if Gensis makes an appearance, assuming they still have the rights to Gackt's image.

Nomura and Kitase were not involved with LO and CC. Morio Asaka (literally who?) was director for LO and Tabata (FFXV director) was director for CC. The only thing to worry about is that Nojima was the writer for those, but he is also the main writer of the OG, so we can only hope that the "Sephiroth jumps into the mako himself" idea was forced onto him by someone else.

Except they don't? I thought that is the reason SE can't port and sell Crisis Core anymore, because they don't have the rights?

I like your way of thinking.

The army's no match for Nora.

>'I’m thinking about ideas regarding the remake’s release—I even spoke to producer [Yoshinori] Kitase about it today. All of us old-timers are considering various developments in regards to what accompanies the remake. Like if we can manage to do something about the Compilation titles too. But for the time being, please wait for VII's turn to come.'
This is from late 2018. Nothing to the contrary has been claimed since then to my knowledge.

It's been a while since I played but why can't the Sephiroth Cloud defeats in his mind be a memory or remnants of Sephiroth? He basically frees himself from him.
The Sephiroth you beat with your party is what fucks with holy or not?

I hate to use the term, but isn't that just "damage control" thought of after the fact considering "Turk report" wouldn't have possibly Cloud throwing Sephiroth around in the first place, not just "he happened to throw him onto a platform instead of the mako sea".
Though I don't really mind it at the end of the day, since it's really miles better than something like them actually insisting on the LO version of events.

Stellafag, you are incredibly based.
did you get kicked out too?

Attached: 1555549150583.jpg (1920x1080, 463K)

I thought the actual Sephiroth scene was fine apart from the bullshit retcons (Tifa being awake and Sephiroth suiciding). I liked how Zack could barely kept up with Sephiroth in their short duel, and Cloud pulling himself down the Masamune like a goddamn Uruk-hai

>The Sephiroth you beat with your party is what fucks with holy or not?
Sephiroth was laughing in-between the fights, so he must've been still able to stop Holy. If you go by Maiden who Travels the Planet, the last duel happens within the center of the Lifestream.

>vulva

Watch the Cloud vs. Sephiroth battle
When Cloud travels through the lifestream he sees this huge yellow orb. WTF is that? Can't be Holy because it's never shown that color

Attached: yelloworb.jpg (317x220, 10K)

I kinda miss that period. At least there were some genuine hopes and expectations in games

Attached: 1551450951380.png (655x509, 42K)

The Sephiroth in front of Holy is the original who regrew his body with Jenova cells. Safer Sephiroth's lower torso being wings and his right arm being a weird Jenova wing matches up with the torso in the crystal.

The final Sephiroth is Sephiroth trying to posses him as the last remaining Jenova cells with his original body destroyed. It takes place inside Cloud's head but he is physically killing the Jenova/Sephiroth in him.

No it's not. Holy is still being blocked AFTER you beat "One Winged Angel Sephiroth" with your party. AFTER that Cloud notices that Sephiroth is "still around" and then you see Cloud having headaches and then literally see Cloud's Spirit leaving his body. After which comes the FMV where "Cloud" (his mind/spirit/soul) flies through some sort of abstract environment, probably the livestream infested by Sephiroth, and arrives at Sephiroth's mind/spirit/soul. After beating that Sephiroth you see the lifestream corruption to loosen and Cloud returns to his body after which Holy can finally activate but then turns out to be too late anyway and requires the lifestream to work properly, which gets done by Aerith's will that's still within the lifestream.

>Holy is having the opposite effect
What the fuck did this even mean

the hell is wrong with you people
CC is great

He was already kinda hammy at Northern Crater.

One Winged Angel is the real Sephiroth. But Sephiroth is effectively a space parasite that doesn't need its original body to live but rather all the pieces of Jenova are also part of him, so until Cloud can kill the Sephiroth inside him it's not over.

>Sephiroth was laughing in-between the fights, so he must've been still able to stop Holy. If you go by Maiden who Travels the Planet, the last duel happens within the center of the Lifestream.
Maiden is not canon though. There are some contradictions with both OG and CC. Escpacially the whole "Zack invented Omnislash" bullshit.
>Supposedly invents an Ultimate Technique that has been proven to be able to beat Sephiroth
>Doesn't use it to beat Sephiroth
>Cloud later finds the instruction manual for it in the Gold Saucer somehow
It makes no fucking sense. I remember that Maiden messes up some other lore as well.

It was said that Holy would decide what was good or bad for the planet. It's possible Holy decided for pos humans to be wiped out.

>The characters' personalities are already closer to their Compilation versions than VII for instance.
you mean real VII or the bastardized translation?

I feel like if they were going to include Complication characters they would have shown them already.

Retarded levelling up/limit break system
30 hour backstory for a sword
Gayass retcons
Cissnei
Every fucker and his dog now has one wing

Cloud throws him merely to the side, not another platform. And yeah, it was definitely damage control, since there was a (small by modern standards) outrage at the time (There are some other continuity problems with Last Order as well), however the statement came out near instantaneously after LO's launch. Like in a week or three. (They later made BC compatible with LO. Those two were always meant to be a package deal.) By the way to be precise it was a faulty Turk report, because the Turk arrives late, sees the signs of battle, thinks Sephiroth losing is unfathomable and so writes down that he must've jumped instead. Apparently officially BC missions/levels are reports.

>Tired eyes
>Pronounced cheekbones
>Slanted nose
>Long chin
>Hair is wavy and not impossibly straight with a very slight hairline recede
>The very definition of soul

I will never not be mad that they didn't stick with this original design and went with generic anime shit with flawless features instead.

Sephiroth may have the personality of an ant but he could have at least had a highly distinguished facial design.

how are they going to pull off making that hair look good in the remake

yeah but Zack makes it all worth it

Holy decided that Meteor was good for the planet? Makes no sense. VII's writing really ranged from quite good to absolute shit unfortunately.

AC version

>yeah you're right 90% of the game is trash but Zack makes up for it because he's cool
ok

CC is garbage

>Holy decided that Meteor was good for the planet?
It probably decided that an asteroid blast was less of a threat than humanity in the long run.

CC introduced a lot of retarded shit that should not have been.

It was due to being too late. Meteor was already too deep into Gaia's orbit/atmosphere that Holy couldn't really do much at that point and ended up only worsening the situation if the lifestream didn't interefere as well.

Sephiroth wasn't "inside Cloud" though. You literally see Cloud's "spirit" leaving his body. There is no "ambiguity" or anything like that. The "MUH it's symbolic!" excuse can only go so far.
Not to mention it made no sense to mentally attack Cloud again for no reason. Sephiroth could have just sat back and let Meteor crash on the planet while continuing to block Holy. That proves that the whole last part about Cloud going after Sephiroth was entirely induced by Cloud himself. It wasn't actively triggered by Sephiroth himself.
So yea "One Winged Angel" was indeed Sephiroths body, but Sephiroth can survive without it. Specifically the part of him that was blocking holy the whole time was still within the lifestream. If Cloud didn't act at the end, the whole "final battle" Cloud's group had beforehand would have been nothing but amusing entertainment to Sephiroth in the end.

This. Sephiroth is interesting, not because of his personality/motivation, but because of his framing against the main cast. The dramatic irony of his character lies in him thinking he's a messianic survivor of an ancient race, only for him to kill the last of said ancient race just because she got in the way of his plans. Him being a freak experiment derived from Jenova and his plans of using meteor also serves to parallel Jenova's original role in wiping out said ancient race.

This desu

Attached: 1558113994611.png (400x388, 195K)

Aside from all the OC donut steel characters, I really didn't like how it bastardized the original FF7 cast to the point of feeling like literal fanfiction.

Zack/Aerith felt forced.

that's only an issue if you never played the original japanese version or a fixed script.
the localization did a far worse disservice to the cast and story than the whole compilation ever could.

This is true? Why lifestream come to help them?

Whole ending was left to speculation and not explained. Anything you hear here is theory crafting.

>Not to mention it made no sense to mentally attack Cloud again for no reason.
Nah, Cloud has a spaz attack and his spirit goes flying out of him. That would suggest Sephiroth was trying to mindrape him again. Why? Perhaps to possess him now that his physical body was destroyed, or just for revenge.

Aerith used her Cetra powers to converge the Lifestream on Meteor.

I'm not talking about dialogue. I'm talking about the godawful scenarios, like Zack aping Cloud's moments from FF7, how everything about Aerith was directly influenced by Zack, Sephiroth getting a sob backstory out of his new "friends", Zack's death turned into a glorified last stand.

Sorry but CC was pure fanfiction in the worst possible way.

>final boss is your dad

Attached: Zieg_Feld.jpg (200x228, 25K)

it did a lot of stupid things yes, but a common complaint is that "it changed their personalities too much" when in fact, most people don't even know their actual personalities because of the stupid as fuck script of the original release.

Well, considering all of SOLDIER have jenova cells in them. I doubt he'll try to take over the one who killed his one winged angel form if he really needed a body quickly.

I meant bastardized. (So yeah, Barret's close to the proper Japanese one.) It's Aerith that is clearly from Crisis Core, Tifa, who is from Advent Children, Crisis Core and World of Final Fantasy and Cloud's actually kinda a new beast we've not run into before, but if he's even remotely close to any Cloud, it's Dirge of Cerberus. Jessie's good (If you really stretched it you could claim she's like the girl soldier in the train graveyard in Dirge of Cerberus, that was clearly an expy of her, but I wouldn't say that. It would be disingenuous. She's just VII Jessie.) and Heidegger has some of the imposing military aura he had in Before Crisis (besides remaining incompetent).

I never had much of a problem with the way they handled their personalities, it's more that I found the scenarios they came up for them as being uninspired or borderline fanfiction writing. It really undermined a lot of moments in the original and served to cheapen Cloud's relationship with Aerith as well as Sephiroth's megalomania.

Always happens in prequels. They only exist due to the goodwill of the original, so the writers resort to lazy fanservice instead of originality.

>Not wanting the body of the man who defeated you for your own