"Ah, but child...that land will not be Hyrule. It will be your land!"

>"Ah, but child...that land will not be Hyrule. It will be your land!"
>They call the new land Hyrule

What did they mean by this?

Attached: yourland.png (854x439, 446K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rE5_EACskE0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They meant that Windwaker is a rushed unfinished trash game.

2003: We want to try something new with Zelda
2009: A game regulated to a handheld follows up to that journey, Zelda at this point can't break from the formula Wind Waker wanted to get away from so it had to be called Hyrule

They mean that new nations tend to be named after old nations, often just changing the title to "New X" because the people who decide that have no imagination.

"Yourrule" sounded lame.

Attached: suppose.png (849x430, 248K)

>everyone pretends the ending is kino
>it's actually stupid as shit and makes no sense

The ending of WW is so explicitly definitive that they had to find a way to undo everything. It's like they learned NOTHING from the king. But whatever, not like Nintendo itself cares about Zelda canon.

How does the ending of WW make no sense?

Is New York the same land as York?
New Hyrule is a different land with a different identity to the original Hyrule.

I know your shitposting, but just to poke holes he isn't referring to the name itself but the legacy.

>Nintendo doesn't care about Zelda canon
>Reee I'm so retarded I cannot understand the timeline so let me blame Nintendo
Everytime.

Blame the fans who complained about Wind Waker. To Nintendo that meant ignoring what it did and pandering to Ocarina fans.

>admitting to have -10 IQ

Or maybe people in history were not fruity artsy faggots and named things based on convenience and relevance instead of by what sounded prettiest.

cute kids I wanna touch them

Is windwaker and skyward sword Link the only Links that canonically get with their Zeldas?

Ha, more like Nintendo is the one who couldn't understand the timeline any more, which is why they chose to ditch it with botem. I never cared for timeline debates and I understand why those who did brought shame to the fanbase. Autists latch onto anything.
Which is a shame because both games are great, yet OoT gets put on a pedestal. It's own remake kept bugs because they didn't want to mess with what made the game great yet Aounuma had a list of shit to fix and even apologized about MM. You don't get to correct classical paintings, they should love their own games equally.

Zelda 2 link gets with Zelda.

This has to be one of the most kino moments in gaming.

You can't be tied to the past. You always have to be looking to the future.

What did she mean by this?

Attached: 57457347.png (1209x624, 891K)

Well I mean fuck unless you want to actually buy into left-handed and right-handed Link timelines they demonstrably don't give a fuck about the timeline since BotW is such a mishmash of stuff from basically everywhere.

>Young Link goes back in time to tattle on Ganondorf
>Gets imprisoned
>Never breaks into the Temple of Time
>Never steals the Triforce of power
>Over a hundread years later
>About to be executed
>Has the triforce anyway despite having never stolen it
What did they mean by this?

>b-b-b-but you're born with the triforce
It's pretty clearly established in ALTTP and OOT that the triforce is some physical entity and those try to touch it without a balanced heart will only get one piece that most aligns with them, and the other two will be given to two people whose hearts align with the other pieces. Not some bullshit where the Triforce was always some metaphysical imaginary power certain people are born with. That is what happens with it, but only AFTER it gets broken, which it never does in the child timeline.

Attached: file.png (456x354, 157K)

Ganondorf waged a gigantic war in the timeline that link tattled in, so it can be assumed that he got ahold of the triforce offscreen but because he didn't fulfill the requirement at the time, he only got the triforce of power. Like in ALTTP.

who made the Majora Mask? what's possessing the mask?

No official reason given. Though since timelines exist one can argue that since one version of Ganondorf touched the Triforce then every version across every timeline was bonded to it creating some fuckery such at TP ganondorf suddenly having it despite it making no sense.

But it really is just bullshit trying to come up with a reason for "We just wrote it that way with no explanation".

This, it should be Irule

This is complete bullshit headcanon but that particular incarnation of Demise wasn’t able to fulfill his destiny of being an asshole, so I like to think that he really did get the triforce of power right there and then as a way to fulfill that curse/promise. It also could be the finicky goddess(es) saw Link messed with the timeline and decided that Ganondorf getting triforce was “supposed” to happen, so when he was straight up impaled and died they just gave him the thing since he clearly couldn’t anymore.

But again, bullshit headcanon

Majora is possessing the mask obviously. As far as who made it, maybe the ancestors if the twili who were banished from the world of light.

>who made the Majora Mask?

An unknown tribe that used it in its hexing rituals according to the happy mask salesman.

Unknown, but probably just some malevolent power that gained sentience.

>hurrr durr durr durf he's supposed to stay dead
Why all the Lazarus stuff then, you fucking idiots? It's clear the devs are just going to bring him back in the sequel.

>Ganondorf waged a gigantic war in the timeline that link tattled in
No he didn't. He was rotting in prison the entire time. He was only plotting a war which is why he was in jail in the first place.

there is a manga in which some traveler met a dragon who played music for 3 days and the 4 day it dies and the traveler made the mask from its body but of course is not considered canon to the lore. but the spirit inside i believe to be ghirahim

Ganondorf didn't even know he had it. Look at the ending to ocarina, where link goes to warn zelda. Look at his hand. He has his piece of the triforce, it came with him from the future. Since the triforce of courage was gone, future zelda inadvertently split it in the childhood timeline, causing it to go to those who encompassed its power (zelda and ganondorf)

>ghirahim
why

I actually don't think he had it because WW states that he was separated from the elements that made him a hero. Hell, his triforce piece broke as he was sent back. I think Miyamoto said TP and WW happen concurrently, so I believe one timeline affected the other. The "divine prank" was nothing but time correcting its flow, something that even Zelda couldn't foresee. Again.

Then why is it still on his hand back in the child timeline? I assume that's the only reason the king would have an audience with him to tattle on ganondorf

>When you realize the ending of Wind Waker was essentially a metaphor of Ocarina fags being unable to let go of the past, forcing Nintendo to rehash the old formula with Twilight Princess.
To the point that even the Hero of Winds didn't care and called the new land in Spirit Tracks Hyrule again.

Deep stuff bros.

TwiPri was essentially OoT but edgy for "mature gamers such as myself", but it did some things right like swinging your sword as you walk and the double hookshot though it felt like there was a lot of things that needed to polish

Which is best out of the non-Hyrule Zelda settings?

Tolemac
Termina
Gamelon
Labrynna
Koridai
Holodrum
or Koholint Island?

how was TP edgy?

The Triforce is above time itself. When Link travelled back in time, he still had the Triforce of Courage, thus, the Triforce in the past timeline naturally divided itself.

I chalk that up to the devs using a different model for Link, or perhaps the devs simply forgot about that detail when they made the back story for TP. I will add that Ganondorf dying when Zant snaps his own neck was made by a random guy. Miyamoto and Aonuma didn't understand the imagery behind it but left it because they didn't want to question the guy (or look like brainless who didn't get it). So it doesn't surprise me that the divine prank is another instance of "it looks cool, leave it".

Holodrum is top comfy

Not him but I watched some cringey video of a guy explaining it and it kinda makes sense that Majora Mask is Ghirahim trapped inside a mask.
youtu.be/rE5_EACskE0
Warning: autism
>ghirahim is a magical blade man whose purpose is to serve Demise and kill link
>Demise gets killed and his entire reason for living gets nullified while Link fucks off back to his time
>Ghirahim eventually gets sealed inside a mask by Impa
>Eventually starts growing stronger in power and gets sealed away
>Happy Mask Salesman sets up shop specifically to get the mask
>it gets stolen by Skull Kid and leads into the Majora's Mask game
Now you may be asking yourself
>But the Twili obviously made the mask! The eye on the mask and the eye on Midna's fused shadow helm match perfectly!
Keep in mind that those two eyes are the ONLY two things that match. Majora's mask is a bright, colorful, and curved object while Twili architecture is sharp, blue, and washed out.
>But Majora's Mask said that the tribe who made it disappeared and that the mask was sealed in shadow. That OBVIOUSLY is talking about the Twili!
It was probably talking about the Sheikah who were usually up to some shady shit. Keep in mind the Sheikah made the redeads and the SHADOW Temple is where they interrogated enemies of the royal family. The Shadow Temple is probably where they hid the mask before the Happy Mask Salesman found it.
There's also some other evidence like how the kid with Majora's Mask will give Link the Fierce Deity mask if you collect all the masks. It makes no sense why Majora would give you such a powerful item before fighting you, but it could be Ghirahim going crazy and wanting to fight the "ideal" Link who killed his master and not some child.
TL;DR: Ghirahim gets sealed away as Majora's Mask in the Shadow Temple by the Sheikah, Happy Mask Salesman finds it, Ghirahim (as Majora) and wants to murder Link for killing his master

The king was a retard who was 100% in the wrong.

>He calls Grooseland "Hyrule"

Attached: artworks-000089532034-mxdeoz-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 31K)

it makes sense and is a good theory taking in consideration the timeline. wish they make a game that explores more about the sheikahs, there is little to no information about their origins and why they side with the royal family

what a garbage reply

Any explanation as to why the Kokiri Sword's design changed in between games?

Attached: Kokiri Sword(s).png (327x670, 153K)

They called it "New Hyrule" because then Ganon won't care

>itt people who can't into reading comprehension

he is saying that while it may still be called Hyrule, it won't be the Hyrule of old because of the time passed and different cultures and rulers etc. Think ancient greece vs modern day greece

although to be fair i havent played this game in a very long time and i can't really remember what this conversation was about

OoT zelda is far worse
>thought she could control the sacred realm, world goes to hell over 7 years because of it
>after that she sends link back in time, causing the childhood timeline to be fucked since she split the triforce by sending link back, practically handing it to ganondorf
>the adult timeline gets fucked too because it led to "the time without a hero" when ganon broke out of his seal and killed everyone, forcing the gods to literally flood the place

They kept it like that in the remakes too. I assume link just upgraded it before he left. The later hilt looks to be made out of gold so maybe the royal family did it

The timeline isn't hard at all to understand and the people that complain about timelinefags are even worse than them

Attached: Timeline.png (1145x791, 75K)

There should actually be thousands of timelines because of all the time-traveling Link does in MM. Virtually all of them would also end in the planet getting destroyed after the Moon smashes into it.

Attached: Moon.png (362x366, 147K)

I got mad when I found out about the botw north American translation shit. Why would they change Link's journal like that? This isn't the first time they do crap like this. Do they really want to keep the image of Link being a full blank slate?

I think the credits scene in MM shows that all the different timelines got merged into one ideal timeline where everything is fixed (if you get all the masks). Because the mask salesman can do that, I guess.

They didn't. You got bamboozled by a retard JSL that thought he knew better