RIP Switch

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOdW8oi8njQ

Attached: 1539596920383.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_nxvNc8aHaU
github.com/FlagBrew/Checkpoint
youtu.be/BENbHo5cvck
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/let alone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>soul vs soulless

main reason people get a switch is for portability, good luck emulating those on your tablet, let alone a laptop.

If Xbox fans had even 1/100th the autism of Nintendo "fans" we'd have fully functional Xbox and 360 emulators by now.

>Big Sack Of Dung gaming

Attached: yuzu fail.png (843x37, 2K)

>I can play it on the gooooo~~

Attached: 1561741678515.gif (413x243, 51K)

gottem

ackshually my $2k gaming laptop can emulate it and gets a whole 1 hour of battery life doing so

Fat lazy fucks gaming their bed or because their too far and lazy to get off the sofa does not count as portability

This is good, now i can play modded smash without killing access to online.

Also it means PCbros can finally play Crash Team Racing

most people take it with them places, such as taking it to a friends or on vacation, etc.

nice meme but any modern laptop can hold up +5 hours in gaming
more than the switch

>that autist who think normies give a shit about emulators that require a supercomputer do run somewhat decently

>I sit at my house all day like the useless sack of shit that I am, therefore people who actually travel and do shit are basedcucks
Fuck off NEETS

nice try but I own such a laptop and the only way to get acceptable performance when emulating the switch is high performance battery mode, which will drain the battery in around an hour. Doesn't matter whether I use integrated graphics or dedicated GPU

As long as it's ready when BOTW2 comes out, I don't give a damn

Attached: 1557079190721.jpg (1600x1042, 153K)

much like Cemu and BOTW I expect BOTW2 will be the main focus of Yuzu whenever it comes out in 2021 or something.

It looks like the emulator is running a bit slower at a few moments

Why don't you do actual real life shit outside instead of playing video games fucko

Attached: 2135DBD3-5F04-43DB-BA74-EC9D7559A6BE.jpg (650x635, 61K)

When has emulators ever killed console sales?

Fuck no, I don't give a single fuck about muh portability, I just bought it because of Xenoblade 2 and FE 3 Houses

Same! Just like how I can do BOTW VR on Cemu, I can't wait to do BotW2 VR and see my husband again! I love Kass!

Attached: 75321879_p0.jpg (595x778, 315K)

Why are switchfags so fucking angry?
More people can play your games isnt that what you want?

Why open the thread with a video of a many months old build of the emulator?

Attached: 1442841227574.gif (500x281, 92K)

Still waiting for a ryzen 3000 benchmark of yuzu. My current PC run this game like shit.

The Switch has legitimately the most autistic fanbase in video game history, and I generally like Nintendo consoles.

but there are xbox 360 emulators already
youtube.com/watch?v=_nxvNc8aHaU

Attached: 1420129826177.jpg (489x479, 34K)

>bought a 1000 dollar+ computer to play nintendo games

Attached: 9D366058-874A-4800-BB7E-7294BF0161B0.jpg (501x466, 43K)

old vid.

it can't emulate halo and other similar games properly yet

why isn't there a working emulator for the PS4 yet? the fuck are they focusing on the switch for? legit has 2 games

There is oribital and the switch only one but it is very slow in development.
orbital emulations the whole system while linux one adds stuff to make the pc like a ps4 and the linux one has games running.

Tendies have been extremely furious and on a crusade against all kinds of piracy and emulation since Nintendo cried about the R4 KILLING GAMES AND RUINING EVERYTHING some 10-12 years ago, while also screaming about how roms were illegal as fuck, need to be deleted and you should pay $8 for their official NES roms instead. Which the tendies of course did.

That's why you see them be vehemently against emulation and applaud when Nintendo updates their security software to prevent piracy, people get banned, romsites get taken down, bricked consoles et cetera. Complete maniacs.

>play it on emulator
>mario has a five-o-clock shadow

Attached: 445562480.jpg (492x380, 30K)

but daddy microsoft is doing proper pc versions of the game like real competent corporation would, so we don't have to rely on emulators.

It can emulate halo 3, odst, reach and 4. It probably have some visual glitches and needs an core i9 but at least it works.

user it may shock you to find out that the world doesn't revolve around you, other people have different reasons for doing things.

well yeah they're using the uncensor patch

>Bought a 300 dollar+ paperweight to play 1-2 exclusives

Can either
>Buy a 1000 Dollar Machine to run 1! Switch Game badly
Or
>Buy a Switch Hack it and enjoy all Nintendo exklusives without Problem

Really makes me think.
Shit what should i take

lmao are you retarded I have an Alienware and it holds for about an hour on full performance mode

Attached: 1536639276774.jpg (1920x1408, 334K)

>we have emulators duurrrr
>its just missing tons of textures in most games and you need a $3k computer to get 20 fps
RETARD.

Attached: 1559165562872.png (474x711, 90K)

>$300 to play games at sub 720 30 fps
I dont think so

Attached: 3232564321.png (2713x1221, 2.79M)

Not him but what the fuck are you gonna do on a train other than playing video or using your phone

No Switch Game runs Sub 720 in docked more kid

You're right, games like doom run at 480p

Did you even look at the video I posted?
Twice the framerate, higher resolution, zero visual glitches whatsoever on a cpu from 2014. Calling you a retard would be a compliment to you.
Never breed.

>RIP SWITCH

LMFAO you've been saying this for three years now. How's that worked out for you?

Attached: 1562274889134.jpg (576x507, 49K)

Xenoblade 2 fucking when?

>trains

Trains are cool

btfo

Attached: george_cigarette.png (846x844, 827K)

oh look the ugly trip retard showed up right on time. everyone report him.

Attached: 1544022087018.png (625x682, 43K)

>that stutter
why is this a thing with emulation now?

I would rather pay $2000 to play all games from every console at 120fps 4K than play $300 + tax + online + accessories + tip to play 2 games.

I hope you know that the Yuzu devs are moral fags. You couldn't even play Smash when it got leaked early.

Oh no, a picture. How will I ever recover?

retard.

Attached: 337868736497.jpg (312x311, 14K)

hearty kek

Odyssey will be like 3 years old by the time they get it to run on par with the Switch version.

nice now you can play a shit game that was already oversaturated with even more eye searing colours and stutters.

Emulated botw. It'll be nice to play botw2 as well.

CAN I EMULATE XENOBLADE 2 YET?

can you project any harder

>playing your switch outside
Might as well wear a shirt labeling yourself a pedophile.

That's nothing, it took 5-7 years for switch tards to play Wii U games.

Yes wojak, that's the point, it's why a portable only switch is being released in two months

He worded that like a huge faggot, but he's not wrong.

What else besides Jet Set Radio Future is worth emulating?

No they don't you dipshit. They get it so they can play bing bing wahoo rehash #9782340784123

people bought it mostly for botw, given that it was a launch title and goty that year.

Switch is still in third place lmao

The literal fucking point of the Switch is that you can take it anywhere. No one is gonna want to boot up their laptop, start up an emulator, and play a switch game. Hell that shit likely takes about 45 minutes to do.

There's no point in emulating a system where the point of the system is that you can take it anywhere.

Basically anything Sega released at the time since none of it was ever ported.

>three years
But Yuzu is only 1-2 years old. As a comparison, Xenia and Rpcs3 are still struggling to this day.

>There's no point in emulating a system where the point of the system is that you can take it anywhere.
This post certifies you as a retard. Grats.

>but any modern laptop can hold up +5 hours in gaming
>in gaming
A modern laptop with any worthwhile hardware can barely last an hour at full-power.
t. $1200 gayman laptop owner

Xenia is a FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT.

wtf I thought bowser talked like a normal person he just garbles and pronounces names

>play on my switch when friends are over
>emulate on PC when I want to just enjoy game to myself on a personal screen
>transfer progress to play handheld mode in bed

Attached: 1553142800435.gif (314x232, 1.15M)

im so glad i spent 1k to play a videogame released one year ago

>need a swtich to use
Yeah... uh... No thanks!!!

>Top o the marnin to you goys! I'm heer ageen with me lucky charms and CEMU twuu poyeent ooh poyeent three poyeent oohh poyeent foyve!

hate that guy so much. Irish people should be illegal on youtube.

also "in small 10min bursts" lmao

>I will defend your honor against the evil pirates, Nintendo-samaaa!!!!!
Just telling you the truth, Bing Bing. We also had people like you doing Nintendo's work for them by sending in information about stores that sold flash carts like the R4 and also reporting on websites that hosted not just Nintendo roms but also homebrew. Faggot snitches all of you lol

Attached: 1497474750195.png (320x475, 234K)

sadly it will take at least another year of optimization to get shit like odyssey to run fullspeed all the time and probably way more time to get xenoblade running
but it'll take an even longer time to surpass the switch in terms of graphics, offering better framerate / resolution etc. from the emu itself

>exclusivities are irrelevant
Yikes. If that's the case, why doesn't Nintendo makes PC ports?

who are you quoting?

I am a patient man

>Transfer progress between switch and PC
Explain your powers.

>Even the colour is fixed and not as saturated
HAHAHAHA

Hopefully FE3H won't require much from the emulator on account of how awful it looks.

>what are books?

"main reason people get a switch is for portability" implies that the game catalog of the console is not that relevant.

no it doesn't

Buying a switch would be cheaper than emulating a switch long term, because to emulate it you're using a super beefy PC that uses a lot of electricity while the switch only uses 9 watts.

I think he's referring to switch hacking? Though I don't think you can even do that with a hacked console.

?
github.com/FlagBrew/Checkpoint

>emulate switch
>can't play NES games with Nintendo online

ah yes you're "winning" Pc gaymers

What if I need a good PC and I don't like handhelds? I'd rather spend that $200-300 on better parts.

>"Yay! Censored and safe for women games!"
Oops, wrong console.

Attached: sony.jpg (1652x1606, 755K)

Dump the thing in the dock and never take it out ever again

at least try to make a good bait next time

bait

>Why are switchfags so fucking angry?
But we aren't? PC emulation on switch it's still bad. It's even bad on WiiU, so it's normal.

>470003520 (You)
is this even an attempt?

It's not, tho.

Why are you angry about switch being emulated instead of celebrate you can play it for free? I will never understand this falseflag.
>"Switch has no games worthless system lmao!"
>"Woaah! I can emulate switch!!! YES!"
???

>RIP Switch
Why are the modern day emulation faggots such utter faggots?
Back in the day we relished in emulation like nothing else, and yet we did so without inciting pseudo console wars at every single opportunity.

It will take 10 years

threads posted by people bored at work with no real stakes or interest in the subject-matter, responded to by other people bored at work

Then buy better parts? I don't care what you want to do with your money I'm just saying that switch emulation doesn't actually save you any significant amount of money because you pay the cost in electric bills. There's really no reason not to just buy a switch if you want switch games. If you just absolutely don't want to pay the money your best bet is to wait 4 years and buy a super cheap switch and hack it to pirate all the games.

>Xenia
can it emulate Ninja Gaiden Black yet?

You sound butthurt for some reason

I'm not, I celebrate all that stuff. It's people like who usually come into emulation and piracy threads angry as fuck about emulation making progress or something. Just like with Cemu and BoTW and Citra and the 3DS and so on. Nintendo put it in their heads that they should hate that shit so they do. Same reason why they clamor for Virtual Console on the Switch while having 400 different ways to play Nintendo roms already. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

and I fucking love all that stuff, I still have my Wii U 4 feet away from me but guess what? If I could play Fatal Frame on Cemu I would.

I don't see a difference! Good job on the emulator!

No. But you can play the superior Ninja Gaiden Sigma on RPCS3 :^)

Emulation as a "console war" thing doesn't make sense. Emulation never gets good until late in a consoles life, when sales are already dying down. It's not a viable alternative to buying a console and pretending it is is just childish.

Jeez the amount of nintendo drones on Yea Forums

Oh hey, the Mario Odyssey compatibility has been bumped up to okay

yeah ok but where's the soul?

>my $2k gaming laptop

I really like my hacked Switch.

I mean if you want to be portable a 15lb desktop isn't going to work

Instantaneous ban from online is pretty lame but I do enjoy being able to get any game or DLC I want as singleplayer. I got a spare tablet for $150 for legit online play.

*puke comes out of my Nintendo sponsered mouth*
holy fuck bros how did this happen

Attached: 1537901093604.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

>switch emulator has shitty lightning
Epic

left looks better.

>the top left pic
OH NO NO NO

Attached: actual 10 yo child.png (416x100, 15K)

WOAH, it's almost like.. like the emulator isn't actually finished yet and doesn't have perfect support. WOW! Could you imagine that??

>6 fps
nintendo owned again!!!

Then buy games you support

See

>the super Mario odyssey emulator runs super Mario odyssey well
Wow what a surprise, show me how well it runs bayo 2 and Mario maker.

In old games maybe
Switch emulation requires you to push your machine to the max which drains power faster.

I’ll never understand why niggers think emulation kills something.
A massive amount of the consumer base isn’t autistic enough to emulate. Additionally, you’re playing a Nintendo game. You are going out of your way to still play a product from a company you are claiming to kill.

Attached: 93591A41-FFFA-465F-827D-066DF04DDA98.gif (300x300, 892K)

It will never get finished

>less effects then switch and laggier
Emulation is a bitch, huh?

how can you call it an emulator if it doesn't run theoriginally hardware with 100% accuracy

I'm not angry, but yuzu is still garbage for anything that's not super Mario odyssey or that one piece game
But I am maybe a little pissed that bayo 4 will never happen because bayo 3 is going to be so heavily pirated.

Most of the first party Nintendo games run at 60 though.

I'm less interested in getting xenoblade working well and more in getting the gacha bullshit modded out.

No? I am simply not gonna buy used games off ebay for a ridiculous price. I emulate everything from Sony shit to Nintendo. I am not gonna buy a $300 console just to play 1 game. Been there done that with Heavy Rain. I bought like a total of 5 games for my PS3 and half of them weren't even exclusives.
*patreon page appears outta nowhere*

>be me
>interesting in some games on switch
>don't want to buy one though because it's overpriced and bloated with all that bullshit I don't care about like battery/screen/joycons/dock/etc
>who the fuck actually plays games on the go anyway
>keep waiting, hoping that nintendo will pull their heads out their asses and pull a Vita TV and release a stripped-down version of the switch that's just a dedicated home console with a pro controller
>release some shitty Switch Lite that just doubles down on portability
>exact opposite of what I'd like
>meanwhile switch emulation getting better and better

So it's come to this.

Attached: pirate goldman.png (976x658, 272K)

If it's not finished then it is not a suitable replacement for the Switch.

Which means saying the Switch will be killed by this is stupid...

Anti immigration is a shit tier ideology, it causes issues in European nations only due to police turning a deliberate blind eye.

>framerate

Yikes.

I never said that? To be fair I didn't read what OP said, but I am just saying that emulation will eventually surpass the Switch. Yeah.. no portability, but who needs it?

First post best post

I’m not angry put piracy may fuck up dev support for the system. I doubt it though.

Very few people are anti-immigration, most are just anti-mass immigration from low IQ shit holes. Canada and Australia have the right idea importing Asians.

> Emulation never gets good until late in a consoles life, when sales are already dying down.
Only really true for actual modern consoles. The problem is most of nintendo's recent devices have all been a generation behind, so they often are fully emulatable even during most of their lifespans.

Particular when it comes to the Wii, which was basically emulated since day 1 since it's literally just a repackaged Gamecube, and Gamecube emulation was already a thing with Dolphin. I remember it was often objectively inferior to play new Wii releases on the console itself rather than playing them on Dolphin with higher internal resolution bumped to 1080p

Remember how the GBA was emulated before release?

Now I ain’t saying you shouldn’t, but I do want to say you’re a lazy ass pirate

I kind of am. To an extent.
Emulation used to be much more wholesome and with a far more active community.
Now it's just faggots with holier than thou attitudes throwing shade at other fans and people throwing shit right back.

Is it the whole world? Absolutely not. Is it worse than before? Yes it is.

Upressing BOTW just makes the texture tiling and overall low-quality of them more apparent, I can't stand it.

I want to buy a Switch. I got the money right here burning a hole in my pocket. All I want is a dedicated home console version. No bullshit. No portability. No gimmicks. No bloat-tech jacking up the MSRP for things I have zero use for.

And if they won't deliver a reasonable product like that, I'll look elsewhere for what I want.

I wish the Yuzu guys were quicker. The PC community is appreciated in the modding scene, particularly for Ultimate, but I don't even know if Yuzu can emulate Ultimate properly yet.

lel, that's right. GBA was actually how I found out about emulation at all. I was in gradeschool in the early 2000s and I was talking to one of my friend about vidya, and he mentioned he plays GBA on his computer. I had no fucking clue how that worked and never even heard of emulation until then.

Same thing here but under different circumstances. I never was and still am not that huge of a PC Gamer and when I got my first PC, my searches were centered around my favorite franchises like Mario, looking for fangames and shit of the kind, until I eventually found a french emulation site that had a bunch of ROMs & Emulators which I got for myself. Mario Party Advance & Super Circuit were my first emulated games.

Only his CPU costs more tthan the console, wtf

>it's not a viable alternative to buying a console
To speak from experience, it is. I owned a Wii U, and the second Cemu got to the point that many first party titles were playable, I instantly sold the damn thing. It was underpowered, you could count the games worth playing on one hand, and while the community hyped up its gimmick of playing in bed and having gyro controls, they ultimately did little to create a better gameplay experience than just playing shit at my desk. If I someone told me I only had to wait a few years to emulate, then I surely would've taken that option. That's why when the writing was on the wall that the same thing was going on with the Switch, I abstained from buying it, and here we are a mere two years after release with Yuzu emulating games like Mario Maker 2 in a matter of days after launch.

That, and the commonly cited example of Bleem! was considered to be an active competitor to the PS1 despite releasing in 1999, so by that standard, ones like Cemu and Yuzu do constitute as competing alternatives

yeah, and that CPU lets you play PC games, emulate dozens of other consoles, and do all the other work/hobby/leisure-related stuff that people use computers for.
Meanwhile switch can only play switch games.

>missing rim lighting on models
>fog doesn’t react to Mario running through it
>no rippling water when Mario runs through a puddle
>constant stutter
That’s just the first few minutes of the video. I can imagine the rest isn’t much better.

Do people really fall for the fog meme and darken the shit out of CEMU BotW? lol.

It wasn't even loading the menus few months ago. Seethe :^)

That's this entire site except for the neets, don't know what their excuse is.

The one on the right looks shit, what are you trying to prove?

I assume Xenoblade 2 is still a no-go on Yuzu, right?

Why is that if the Switch isn't really all that powerful?

Why would I seethe when I played the superior make years ago now? It sounds like you’re mad that no one cares that you’ll soon get to play an inferior version of a 2 year old game everyone else already played.

lmao cope

autists and console warriors don't know or care that emulation requires orders-of-magnitude in terms of processing and graphics-processing power to achieve a playable result, even with hacks and other tricks to save on time and energy. "pure emulation" autism along the lines of bsnes is just not worth it to the typical developer or somebody who just wants to play a game

this
no bloom? no hazy fog filter? trash

Attached: Super Mario Odyssey _ Nintendo Switch vs Yuzu Emulator on PC - Graphical Comparison 0-35 screenshot. (1920x1080, 2.46M)

>all it does is exaggerate the lighting because of the game's artstyle

Probably because when the emulator is complete you get to play the games at significantly higher resolutions and better framerate

>8700k
>1080ti

>Can't even properly emulate a two year old handheld game

Woah.

Came in here to say this.

Hey copelet see

When they stop fucking around with one game and instead make an actual emulator that emulates the system

But it emulates Bayo2 at full speed

>RIP Switch
>that looks like shit
>i-it's not r-r-ready yet!
good job

Thanks for working hard on the switch VC, pcbros.

The entire point of getting a 3ds at this point is to pirate. It is never going to be getting any more games ever again, so you may as well just download its entire library and play those games until switch gets more games.

>When you have to show the Switch version in 30fps to make the emulated version look halfway decent

Attached: 42-17692013.jpg (293x400, 34K)

Shit, I just want to play the pokemon games without buying a switch.

>Yea Forums pretends like they use portable mode
>Is assblassted over the Switch lite being a budget model for portable use only and not the other way around like the vita TV

Attached: 59914459_347133729483906_413839042654225395_n.jpg (600x624, 65K)

How is WiiU emulation coming along? Haven't heard shit from that scene in a while. There are still some games that haven't been ported yet that I'd still like to play

Attached: 1539337819604.jpg (1200x675, 81K)

>Shit that never happened for 500 Alex

Twilight princess HD works pretty much perfect
BOTW is basically perfect with some issues and its annoying having to figure workarounds for gyro

Read up, nigga.

Attached: 1554880423716.jpg (432x768, 61K)

Why remove the bloom?
But can it emulate BK N&B

literally who

Don’t forget the “Sony won E3!!!” posts

An emulator has never hurt a console.

The only problem with Yuzu. If it isn't a mainstream switch game, don't expect any optimization on it for a while. You can definitely expect shit like Astral Chain or BOTW2 being the main focus of optimization but you're gonna be out of luck if you want Daemon X Machina being optimized fast.

Just a reminder that all forms of Homebrew are superior to any Emulation.

"Eventually" omitted from the end of the post. Depends entirely on the game as well, there's games like BotW or Odyssey in particular where because of the artstyle bumping up the resolution doesn't do very much beyond improve lighting and environmental effects. It's like up-ressing Okami.

Can someone explain to a brainlet here, why new nintendo consoles get good emulators so quickly yet I still to this day can't play Sonic Unleashed on my core I7/GTX1070

Nintendo consoles up to the Wii U got emulated very quickly and very effectively because, on an architectural level, they're several Gamecubes daisy-chained together. Dolphin added Wii emulation quite quickly after figuring that out and it turned out to be a far simpler affair than anybody thought it would be, with the only real problems coming from emulating the Wiimote.

Switch is a different animal so it'll be more in the same boat as other consoles, it doesn't share architecture with the Gamecube/Wii/Wii U.

have sex

no its for exclusives, people like you got the shitty switch lite produced instead of a switch pro

Just 12 more years and I can finally play Mario Odyssey without it just being worse than the version I have on Switch.

BING BING WAHOO!!!! HUP!! 1UP!!!!! YAHOOOOOOO! BING BING MOMMY I PLAYED IT AGAIN JUST LIKE WHEN I WAS A LITTLE KID I PLAYED MARIO AGAIN AND I CLAPPED!!

Attached: FFAF8BCD-4E2C-439D-9DDD-F1067ED65DE9.jpg (101x125, 3K)

>Portable only
I would rather not have the New Nintendo 2DS XXXL Switch edition, thanks

>Playing your toy in public
Do people really do this?

can you emulate wind waker hd or tp hd on yuzu?
i've tried on cemu and i get major frame drops when outside

Attached: mummy noo.webm (634x348, 1.78M)

Does it run Xenoblade 2 yet? No? Then I don't care.

as much as I like bsodgaming for his guides god he's so fucking stupid with this shit
he uploads "graphical comparisons" when yuzu isn't even at a stable state or even looks anyway near visually appealing
he did the same with pokemon lets go

You gotta get those youtube clickbait views NOW. Can't wait until it runs perfectly.

>using a handheld in public
jesus, thank fuck i'm no longer a clueless teenager i was back in highschool

who are you quoting?

WHEN IS SMASH GONNA RUN ON THIS FUCKING PIECE OF SPAGHETTI CODE?

I don't think any game besides Mario and that Pokemon title really works on Yuzu at this point. The emulator is still in its very early stages and isn't really ready for widespread, general-purpose use.

>Yea Forums is one person

Attached: 1551883268925.jpg (413x407, 22K)

It's a progress report, dumb-dumb. Nobody is saying it's in a 100% playable state. The point is that development is steady and it won't be all that long before it becomes the Dolphin of this generation, capable of playing brand-new releases alongside the Switch itself.

I have never once seen anyone use the Switch outside their home.

Yuzu is a fantastic project. It needs more dev work, but just like it's sister project Citra ( a great 3ds emu) it's open source and some titles are fully playable with minimal glitches. Cemu us more like the early stages of Dolphin but it too is great.

Yuzu needs as much time as possible before N decides to make some sort of upgraded hardware switch which will force them to do more adaptation

This much progress with it being a current gen console is excellent. I'm very glad that the switch was based on an old gaming / phone tablet engine. Yuzu means a better experience vs native Switch play on games it works with so far and only gets better.

You don't have a fucking laptop

>the tendies in this thread legitimately thinking that a switch can run its own software better than a $1500 PC

We're not even making fun of you guys, just discussing the emulation, but then you come in and embarrass yourselves

Attached: 1546558206934.jpg (400x400, 25K)

Emulation ALWAYS requires for your computer to be way more powerful than the original platform
Ps3 is less powerful than a switch and yet it asks a fuckton

It does, though. It may not always, but it does right now. There is no debate here. Are you feeling okay?

>Ps3 is less powerful than a switch
>citation needed

Actually it looks like XQEMU is starting to pick up the pace

They may as well be.

Attached: stinky day.jpg (250x129, 8K)

Most of the switch library are 3rd party PC games anyway. We only need emulation for the 5% actual exclusives that aren't on Wii U or multiplats.

Yuzu is for Odyssey and Pokemon

Switch:
>8 core 1.9GHz ARMv8 64-bit CPU
>4 GB LPDDR4 unified system memory w/ 25GB/s bandwidth
>500 GFLOPS Nvidia Maxwell Based GPU
>32 GB SSD
>dual band wireless (802.11ac)
PS3:
>3.2 GHz IBM PowerPC "Cell" 32-bit CPU
>256MB work RAM, 256MB VRAM w/ 22GB/s bandwidth
>216 GFLOPS Nvidia Kepler based GPU
>60GB HDD
>802.11b/g wireless

People like you shouldn't be allowed to comment

Show me anything close to this on the switch

Attached: FamiliarAdoredBagworm.webm (670x377, 171K)

based retard

Why is this fucking meme still a thing?

>500 gflops
>actually less than 400
>docked
>everyones only excuse for switch is "muh portability"
>less than 200 GFLOPS portable
HAHAHAHAH nicetry

The switch is a portable you mong

>muh downclock
overridable in software and there are already games doing it, making it official

exhibit A

fpbp

Revelations 2 already looks better than that and runs way better than your 15 fps interactive movie
Fuck, basically every third party ps3 and switch have in common run better on switch even on handheld mode

Good thing no one is forcing you to buy it.

Why aren't we calling these people wojak? If they want to keep using that image it should be an avatar for them. Honestly whenever I see someone post a crying wojak, I can't help but envision them as that wojak.

>can't even handle a 2d game better than wiiu+ps3+xbox360
youtu.be/BENbHo5cvck

what's the point of an emulator if you need a GTX Ti card to run them properly?

Fuck off chink

This

Now try it with re, dark souls, skyrim, diablo 3...
Oh wait, those don't count

>alienware
Shitty bait

but the one on the right has graphical glitches and darker shading, vee told me that is soulful

switch is a portable ps2.5 get over it, if they ported ds remastered to ps3 it would be similar to portable

>portable PS2.5
That's the Vita you dumb nerd.

True, but we lost the hope when that one fucking Reddit retard wiped the dev comp for no reason. Another absolutely fucking baffling Reddit move was taking starcrafts code when it went gold and gave it back to blizzard.

JSRF
Conker
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Fusion Frenzy
Gaylo 1 & 2
Crazy Taxi 3
Mech Assault
Morrowind

Do you not have like basic minimal knowledge of how software in development works? How do you even manage to find the browser button?

Did you even watch the video you linked to? He said that the version of Rayman for the Switch has longer loading screens because the game is more compressed than on other consoles so it'd take more time to decompress the files. It has nothing to do with the Switch's hardware. It's obviously just a shitty definitive edition of the game

MOM IT DOESN'T COUNT

>mfw hearing my friends talk about bringing their switch to work
>cringe out of this dimension and stay quiet

no idea what it is about nintendo consumers that have no self awareness

Already got my sedentary gaming covered

Attached: games.jpg (2704x2028, 865K)

yeah and its compressed on ps3 too and loads faster

>if they ported ds remastered to ps3 it would be similar to portable
The ps3 can't even run the original properly you fucking idiot

>switch is a portable ps2.5 get over it,
Do you not want a portable ps2 little zoomer?

lol

and? the remastered runs better than original, blighttown etc fixed

Are we still with this fucking meme?
You have NO FUCKING CLUE what you're talking about and you shouldn't be allowed to even reply in this board

Redd*t was a mistake

didnt say switch sucks, but people claim its "way more powerful than a ps3" just not true, at best its par with more ram

fair enough I just want an actual ps2 portable i guess

>Switch's GPU is as fast as my Surface Pro 6's ultra low power iGPU
>dedicated game console

Holy fuck, are you even reading yourself?

Switch CPU and GPU laugh at PS3s

NINTENDO

Surface Pro is a full (and heavy) laptop.

I wish I didn't step on mine

you think the "remastered" in dark souls means it is harder to run? lol, the ps4 and xbox one wouldnt even be able to run the original at 60 fps in blighttown if you ported it, ofc they had to fix all that crap

Well then it's a shitty port by the developers if the Switch can run RE Revelations 2 just fine but not Rayman legends

It's a fucking passively cooled tablet.

>Nintendo consoles up to the Wii U got emulated very quickly and very effectively

Disingenuous. It took until the mid 2000s for N64 emulation to be stable enough to run most games, and Dolpin didn't run most games at a playable FPS until the late 2000s.
You're right about the Wii being emulated super-quickly, and that's simply because it is literally the same architecture as the Gamecube, so all of the difficult work had already been done.

It's more powerful, it's easier to port games in there and it allows to have newer games, like every new console, perdiod

does it play gow2/3 well?

I don't get it either. I'd add fog if anything.

>implying you even need a GPU
What's the benefit of being poor and not being able to use emulators?

Attached: Cemu 2017-11-03 02-59-50-76.jpg (1920x1080, 606K)

:)

Attached: 1548985843259.jpg (5312x2988, 3.86M)

>playing video games in public

Attached: 1459426316040.jpg (175x231, 15K)

left = soul, right = soulless

t. Chang

what? the Pros have fans

incorrect

Not all of them, only those with faster CPUs. The baseline 4C/8T i5 version is passively cooled.

Beat that game a long time ago this seems pretty late to the party.

Attached: 1562700962176.png (430x430, 291K)

>alienware
There's your problem

>RIP Switch
I mean, Emulation didn't really kill of the Wii, NDS, 3DS. Why would emulating the switch kill it off?

I like the graphical bugs and positioning in the Yuzu one.

Any gaming laptop with a GTX 1080 and i7 7820HK just can't last long. It literally has the biggest batter the law allows. It's not the fucking brand. It's the laws of physics that makes it have short battery span on performance mode. I do not regret the purchase of this overpriced 3K USD beast. It's a desktop I can carry to my friends house and host lan parties on.

More and more, I see people using the phrase "let alone" wrong.

>1 hour
You misspelled 8 @ full power. Then again you are a faggot

>any modern laptop can hold up +5 hours
Some, yes, but not any. So factually wrong.

most non-gaming laptops cant even be powered on with the screen on for 8 hours doing nothing...

>ackshually my $2k gaming laptop can emulate it and gets a whole 1 hour of battery life doing so
Doubt or your battery must be extremely budget.

zoomers gonna zoom

see

But he did use it correctly.

It has less to do with the card itself, but rather the settings you use. But only 1 hour still sounds extremely budget but I might be wrong. I stopped going to for the gaming laptop meme and got a switch instead since it's easier to bring with you while I still have a gaming PC at home.

console water even applies to console exclusives. incredible

Attached: 1562775798571.jpg (960x888, 105K)

Right fucked up. But it might be because it is a still image.

>that aren't on Wii U or multiplats.
>Yuzu is for Odyssey and Pokemon

I won't use CEMU because it's a proprietary piece of garbage software.

1 hour is on high performance battery mode, which is pretty much needed to get switch emulation running at an acceptable level

Sorry that I actually have sex and have relevant current year hobbies (which vidya very much is), Gramps.

The biggest issue running a switch game on an emulator is having a CPU. I honestly don't know how taxing that is on the battery, but the thumb of rule is that rendering graphics drains more battery than processing numbers. I also don't know how much high performance mode affects the CPU either.

actually a retard.

your loss

Real talk, why doesn't Nintendo ever want to make their systems powerful?

lighting on swtich looks a lot better as of now but im glad they are making progress

>actually a retard.
I'm not sure if you're referring to me, but he did use it correctly.
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/let alone

Because it's mostly not worth it to them.

They are the primary devs of their own systems, and rarely go for photorrealism, by using established hardware they can go for cheaper development costs in that front and can choose to pursue alternative interests like motion control and such instead.

>ESL

>tfw my switch is patched
really bumbed out, but I guess I can just emulate the games I don't want to buy on my PC so it kinda works out

High end hardware costs more, and Nintendo unlike MS and Sony doesn't have any other parts of the company that can bail them out if they sell at a loss and don't end up making the money back. Selling for a profit would be too expensive.

Also Nintendo like to put some of the machine's cost into innovative new features and gimmicks rather than faster chips. If they tried both it would be even more expensive, and Nintendo likes to have the cheapest console (at least in terms of upfront cost, because they are arguably the most expensive in the long run)

>main reason people get a switch is for portability

uhh no, you loser. Were you that faggot with the fedora on the bus?

You have got to be fucking trolling, Importing massive amounts of people with different values, to the extent that they can set up their own enclaves and feel no pressure to integrate at all is a fucking shitshow.

At work in foreign country doing gay maintenance work for isreamerica c130s.
>because of where we’re stationed we have Chem gear drills almost bi weekly
>they end up with us hunkering down inside whatever plane we’re working on and waiting for hours and hours until some fag up top clears us to continue working
>usually just fall asleep in shitty Chem gear
>friend starts bringing switch to work
>now we have fun in those hours and they go by fast

I know it’s a pretty specific thing but for that single scenario I’m happy my friend has got one.

Why is the Switch comparable to fedora wearing shitstains compared to PSP, PSV, 3DS, NDS, GBA and GB?

Because it's adults, as opposed to children.

But children's parents buys the switch for them too.

While it's true that Nintendo rarely strives for realism, having a system capable of running all their games at 1080p60fps instead of the all over the place performance that we have now would be desirable

Because it's often adults playing it in public, as opposed to just children.

you aren't cool for being too good for even yourself

Probably in the west.

/thread

>soulless vs soulless*

Fuck off back to R3ddit you stupid niggerfaggot poltard. Get fucked in the ass Nintendo retard.

>bsod gaming
of course it's this fucking faggot, he LITERALLY cannot make videos that involve anything but stroking his dick over Switch/WiiU emulators with that annoying as fuck accent that must always spell the full name of all emulators because otherwise he couldn't shill that patreon

he could be making cool videos about the advancements in Xenia or RPCS3 but those come out every fucking lunar eclipse if he even ATTEMPTS talking and showing comparisons instead of just putting boring inconsequential footage rolls just to say "there, done" and come back for the next week to show HOW FAST YUZU THIS NINTENDO SWITCH EMULATOR™ RUNS AAAA AS YOU CAN SEE THIS SHIT IS FIXED SIMPLY AMAZING I'M JIZZING MY OWN PANTALOONS SO MUCH PROGRESS I CAN'T STOP EJACULATING LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT VIDEO TALKING ABOUT RYUJINX PLEASE SUBSCREEB

Attached: 1556767221281.jpg (728x729, 200K)

get his ass

literally seething

in his defense
>he could be making cool videos about the advancements in Xenia or RPCS3
no he couldn't because those emulators rarely get advertisments, and yet he still does make videos for them.

cemu is highly transparent so it's 1 billion times easier to cover the improvements, it's also updated monthly and only monthly whereas xenia and RPCS3 have daily updates and who the fuck knows what's happening in them

You do know what the sub- prefix means right? Are you retarded?

N64 and the Gamecube flopped

>SMM2 is already playable
holy shit.

wow thats twice the battery life of the switch!

Can CEMU play Wind Waker at 60fps yet?
I just can't enjoy the game at 30. The WiiU is so lame, can't even run a GC game at 60fps, fucking bullshit.
Xenia can already break the 30fps limits in every games, there's no reason CEMU can't do it too

Reddit took over in 2012 and are engineered to be consumer whores. Nintendo is a fashion brand to them, not unlike Apple. It’s the same mentality behind collecting shelves full of Funko Pop dolls. By agitating emulation efforts, they feel more justified in their money sink.

prince sidon is better fag

this
r/emulation is better than bsod gaming
and you have to try to be worse than them

If you don't care about the progress of emulators, why do you watch the videos?

>cemu
>wind waker
stop, play it on dolphin

WWHD actually had worse FPS than WW on GC too.

I find it funny how the Switch is "completely worthless and all of the games are worse than garbage" yet mustards salivate at the idea of being able to play Switch games.
Which one is it?

Attached: 1558996936232.png (240x240, 49K)

being too poor to afford a $300 console and $60 games, and soon $200 for a console

Attached: 1561785296702.jpg (600x536, 81K)

But muh widescreen

huh, what game is that?

>being too poor for a 400$ CPU and high speed internet to get everything in the best possible performance
Enjoy your 200$ 300p console

Attached: 1556247767145.png (330x319, 178K)

I just want Xenoblade 2 and Astral Chain.

it has that

I care about progress of ALL emulators, not just the ones he's in bed with the devs constantly bombarding him him with CANARY BUILDS™ so he can show off how this small little tile isn't flickering anymore or how is the BotD currently running BotD instead of other more insteresting games.
He's an obvious ninten drone and he's not even shy about it.

Really? last time I checked it was messy with stretched hud.

I just want Astral Chain and Bayo 3

being so poor you have to emulate and pirate games rather than buying and playing them on original hardware. and then using the excuse "muh better performance" as to justify it

Attached: 1542425064891.gif (190x200, 2.56M)

tons of mods to fix everything you might have issue with

Attached: Zelda Wind Waker Snake.jpg (774x1080, 137K)

literally just poorfags who can't afford a console and the games so they bash and screech about it, but given the opportunity to play them for free they salivate like street urchins with a can of corn but no can opener.

Attached: 1549038688581.gif (191x256, 223K)

Why not just get news from multiple sources instead of expecting one channel to educate you about the progress of literally all emulators?

how is that his problem lol

lower iq than worms

Sony rep at e3. Sony ponies post wojak so often they literally manifested him

>300p 26fps
>b-but at least I don't pirate!!!
Yeah and at least your don't hit your gf when she fucks chad too, right?

>pc users
>chads

Attached: 1555140160458.jpg (268x284, 17K)

>Morrowind
>emulate
the fuck am I reading

Attached: Cemu 2018-12-02 19-37-01-88.jpg (1920x1080, 925K)

Isn't it missing the bloom-like effect?