Ys IX

New Ys IX video released

youtu.be/HIqBUFWkZjI

Falcom still making PSX tier games plus frame drops in 2000+19.
Gust is BTFOing them hard.

Attached: Ys-IX-2.jpg (1000x600, 393K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DBCYxUfgdLk
youtu.be/DBCYxUfgdLk?t=25
youtube.com/watch?v=dNgph1g422Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sure Falcom has shoe-string budget on their games and generations behind in graphics. Ys games are still fun with challenging bosses (nightmare/inferno difficulty) and have good music.
English release date when.

I think they're all older staff no bully

Because good gameplay and good music > Atelier boring garbage gameplay

That showed me absolutely nothing I need to know what's going on in the game.

You can run around in empty towns.

I've spoiled every other Ys soundtrack for myself since Seven first released in Japan. I'm on a complete blackout until the game is in my hands

This one was better:
youtu.be/DBCYxUfgdLk

PARTY BASED YS FUCKING SUCKS
FUCK FLASH GUARDING
FUCK DODGE ROLLS
FUCK ABILITY GRINDING

ENGLISH RELEASE FUCKING WHEN
I hope Ys X will be a solo adventure. Party based is alright, 8 is pretty great in fact, but Ark games are so much better.

this series was never good

No Dogi no buy and based of the promo picture theres definetely no Dogi since both blunt characters are girls

>Ark of Napishtim
>Oath in Felghana
>Origins
>not good
Fuck you

looks like a PS2 game

Stay seething old grandpa. YS8 is the most popular and beloved game in the series.

the music is the only thing it has going for it, sorry bro

>Yea Forums hate Ys now
What happen?

Zoomers with no taste

Dogi is in the game but not playable. You can see him in the trailers.

Attached: 20190711_112913.jpg (1080x1518, 440K)

flash guard

>YS got gameplay,music and cute girls
>Yea Forums still hate it
Is Yea Forums a storyfags board now?

It really looks very empty
Hope it isn't as bad as it looks, because 8 was an amazing game

Attached: 1553822662652.jpg (286x331, 33K)

Finished Chronicles 1 and 2, Oath in Felghana and Memories of Celceta so far.
Oath in Felghana is the best one yet that I've played, Chronicles 2 was pretty good, Chronicles 1 was average and Celceta was the worst one yet.

Those fucking frame drops better just be a video error falcom

So, how long do you think we can expect it to be before the western release? I hope it's not more than a year at most.

>"Adventuring partner"
Is Dogi the top or the bottom?

>Xsneed is dead
>NIS is dying
Never ever.

please dont say that

There hasnt been a bad Ys since Wanderers, I'm sure itll be at worst good

>not playable
And what excuse are they giving this time?
Last time it was building castaway village but you take a fisherman who doesn’t know how to fight with you instead.

Too hot, would be distracting

Next year.
>NIS is dying
Irrelevant. NISA is the one keeping them afloat and they are a subsidiary. If Nippon Ichi goes under NISA can form their own company and continue on.

Play Origin

He was only playable in 7. He's always been a support role in story. Dogi doesnt get a monstrum power like Adol and the other party members, so he's not useful here.

So which Falcom games pretty much just use the same graphics and copy and paste character models?

Ys 8
Ys 9
Tokyo Xanadu
Coldsteel 1
Coldsteel 2
Coldsteel 3
Coldsteel 4

All of these games pretty much look the exact same.

At this point i can barely give a fuck about Ys. I wish we got something akin to Xanadu Next because it was fucking brilliant.
Fuck Tokyo Xanadu though.

The empty areas are most probably still from alpha version or they just took all the enemies out because they wanted running footage without interruptions.

But the city is just bad. Come on now, what the hell's with these fuck-huge streets and buildings? I'd understand if it was just 1 huge street but all of them are wide as hell and the buildings seem like they're made for Eternians.

Music's amazing and gameplay looks the same from 8 which was fun so I'll still play it. Falcom's getting complacent though.

It's gameplay will still be a mile better.

>The empty areas are most probably still from alpha version
Oh i highly doubt this, user.

doomsayers shoo shoo

>The empty areas are most probably still from alpha version
You gotta get past the denial stage user
No trailers released this late would be part of the alpha
They probably went too far with the open world meme

Attached: 1553974769588.jpg (450x450, 42K)

This may be the shittiest trailer I've seen in my life but I'm still looking forward to the game, Ys never disappoints.

Falcom games can look like 15 year old games for all I care so long as they play as well as Falcom games should.

>I wish we got something akin to Xanadu Next because it was fucking brilliant.
Based

That argument Doesn’t really hold considering hes playable in 7 despite having no dragon power.

The excuse for 8 was also cheap.

I see no reason why he can’t get monstrum power if Adol can.

To put it bluntly, I’d like it if old characters like dogi, geis and terra made more frequent appearances as playable characters going forward. Just Adol with a whole slew of new characters everytime feels very off to me.

It kinda looks bad. Not sure what they're thinking here.

Areas look way too big for their own good here.

The monstrum users share their powers with each other. You can use any power (grapple, fly, wall run, etc.) at will without having to switch characters. Dogi can't use them. Also the bull girl stole Dogi's role of breaking walls.

Attached: 20190711_121627.jpg (1080x1295, 319K)

Fuck, that and Brandish the Dark Revanent were so good.

Does this mean I can play solo as Adol and just use all their powers instead of switching to play as them?

nayuta no kiseki is pretty much the prototype for the party based ys games

not a huge Ysfag but I was hoping for something a bit darker and edgier based on the promo art in the jail cell. Oh well.

ys is doomed to become waifubait

Yes. The characters probably still have different attack types though. You can see hawk and adol's power used at same time here: youtu.be/DBCYxUfgdLk?t=25

Ys had cute anime girls since the first game.

The waifubait of the previous game got written out of physical reality

>become

Attached: Feena2.jpg (1024x768, 177K)

If it has the same level of quality as VIII then this is an instant buy

I hate bearded Dogi so goddamn much

>NOOOOOOOOOOO ANIME GIRLS ARE CUTE AND SEXY NOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAKE THEM UGLY I WANT THEM TO BE UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
go dilate, tranny

The trailers so far are doing the best they can to show the opposite.
This game looks like legit garbage from the trailers.

post great overworld soundtracks
youtube.com/watch?v=dNgph1g422Q

I'm still hopeful, but if it's not at least I'll pirate it when it comes to PC

My wife Ricotta is lovely

i think cold steel 3 and 4 got a slight upgrade graphically, from screenshots that i've seen

Falcom is developing three games at once right now. When Gust did this a couple years ago we got Firis, Nights of Azure 2 and Blue Reflection.

Falcom at least managed to give characters proper movement animations in their latest game. Can't say the same about GUST.

Is this bait?
Fuck, I wish I saved those cold steel webms.

I'm not talking about Cold Steel, so no. I fully admit that Cold Steel is as bad as the Atelier games, but Ys VIII was nice.

Falcom's animations are fine outside their in-engine "cutscenes"

Why does Adol look like an edge lord? Also is he going to speak in this since I'm pretty sure that's his VA in the opening monologue?

Adol looks like an edgelord because Ys IX is the edgelord Ys game with edgelord premise and powers.

So it's the Tales of Berseria of Ys?

Adol had a VA for the past few games
They probably just had him read the intro of the journal the game takes place in