3drealms.com/devblog/dev-blog-4-music-ion-maiden/
youtube.com/watch?v=zjnhRz_GP3c
youtu.be/zjnhRz_GP3c
ionfury.com
steamcommunity.com/games/562860/announcements/detail/1619524466602443850
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

on the clock

AND A WHOA WHOA WHOA OH

But seriously, what are the chances this doesn't suck?

Attached: IMG_20190630_103319.jpg (1241x1826, 243K)

Pretty high based on what I've heard.

I'm pretty excited, lads.
Here's the thing, towards the very tail end of May, they were working on the launch trailer, and that was over a month ago. I'm thinking there's a real chance we'll get it today and that the release date isn't more than a couple of weeks off at most.

Also, excited to hear the new name. I never liked "Ion Maiden" desu.

Attached: ss_83d6703d25339788bb3549630ce417cf3a3ca772.jpg (1920x1080, 576K)

if the preview campaign is anything to go by, it most definitely will not suck. Some of the levels we've seen so far rival the very best the build engine has seen.

>and that the release date isn't more than a couple of weeks off at most.
I WANT IT NOW LIKE AN IMPATIENT CHILD! I've been waiting for this shit since 2015.

>Also, excited to hear the new name. I never liked "Ion Maiden" desu.
It's a breddy gud name. Coming up with a good name is hard as fuck. They can go back to Bombshell, but that game sucked sweaty donkey dicks.

The new name is Killer Queen: Gunpowder, gelatin

Attached: Of boomers and zoomers.jpg (800x368, 180K)

>he’s not old enough to rent a car
what the fuck

>can officially drive cars at 16 in Americlapstan
>can't rent a car till you are 21

Attached: yoshi on pcp.jpg (184x184, 7K)

>if you dont mention the name in the op he does not appear
Neat.

Candle Ja~

HIT OR MISS
I GUESS THEY NEVER MISS HUH
YOU GOT A BOYFRIEND
I BET HE DOESN'T KISS YA

IM READY

Attached: 20190219171359_1.jpg (2560x1440, 542K)

Do you mean that Douk Nukem mod?

Attached: 1540591858009.jpg (430x1009, 106K)

Makes sense, just because you know how to use a car, it does not mean you got enough practice to rent out one, nor do you probably have any financial backing, nor will any insurance company want to cover for a 16 year old if he wrecks a rented car.

damn son

WAKE UP IN THE MORNIN WITH A BOTTLE OF GAMERFUEL

I think case of right idea stupid execution. Fresh young drivers have the highest accident risk. Someone probably thought they would be even more reckless in rentals.

Pretty hot, desu. I wish an older woman would take my virginity.

The launch trailer was probably meant to come out much sooner, but the lawsuit set them back a bit. They had to come up with a new name and update all of the promotional material.

>New name
>Release date
>Multiplayer beta date
>DLC announced
That's my bet.

The game plays fine. And the level design is pretty great. I don't feel like it's AS good as Duke Nukem at its core, but it doesn't suck.

Announcement in exactly 1 hour

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1800109989

That's their twitter banner now too.

Proofs?

was the release date announced?

What happened to the lolsuit dispute?

Attached: royal flush.png (500x600, 239K)

Game is coming out as planned, but has a new name.

They're making an announcement today.

A trailer, release date and they confirmed the name is being changed.

I'm hoping for Bombshell 3D myself.

this INTENTIONALLY limited color palette makes my peepee harder than diamonds. you can't even start to imagine how excited I am that the right kind of people are working on this game.
the render itself actually looks like it was made in the 90s.
that's the difference between this game and other tryhard useless pseudo-retro indie faggots. the others are just trying to imitate the past, they throw shader shit at it or after effects to make it look "dated", but it always ends up looking fake old.

Attached: SiN_cover.jpg (620x468, 118K)

>DLC announced
No way, we still haven't heard of any Dusk or Amid Evil future content let alone Ion Maiden.

>DLC announced

Attached: 1517605824637.jpg (1944x1945, 1.35M)

The difference is that this game is just using a Build source port instead of Unity, and they're adding functionality to it on top of this.

Dusk has a rough roadmap, but nothing to show for it. Mod tools are meant to be this year, and "new game +" whatever that means is next year.

Very high, optimisation is the only thing I'm concerned because the performance cost of geometry and effects in Build doesn't scale linearly with resolution and they had performance issues with the first couple versions of the demo.

That was all fixed and only really a problem because the demo had that 1 fuck huge map

>The difference is that this game is just using a Build source port instead of Unity
No.
They actually put a lot of thought into recreating the feeling of those old games. They are even doing original tracker music. Hence why the full version itself won't even be 300MB (someone correct me if I'm wrong), unlike modern shitter devs with their uncompressed 50GB of noise.
Those guys are passionate as fuck about this game.

3drealms.com/devblog/dev-blog-2-art-ion-maiden/

3drealms.com/devblog/dev-blog-4-music-ion-maiden/

Attached: tghreth.jpg (1920x1080, 441K)

Why are they changing the name?
What fucking judge decide that people would confuse some boomer metal band with a niche video game about shooting people?

is their twitter header new? I don't recognize the art.

Shelly a fucking hot.

Attached: 1500x500.jpg (1500x500, 120K)

What is Nuclear winter

The shitty Duke 3D expansion.

It was posted on the Steam group earlier. The image itself is too big to post here.

How many of you have edited for BUILD before?

A fucking atrocity. Why would you want another xpac like Nuclear Winter?

It probably wasn't worth fighting. Iron Maiden have literal millions of dollars to bully 3D Realms, even if they were going to lose they'd just wait it out and make 3DR bleed out their money.

So are they going to finish work on Build 2 now?

Music IP holders are vicious people, if they can find literally any reason to sue. They will

Fucking nice.

I love the Shelly redesign. The robocop look was alright too, but this stands out more.

Attached: 1562846653_SHELLY_KEYART_2.jpg (2560x1766, 1.44M)

Being right is not relevant when you can money/lawyer bully your opponent into submission. Can`t win if you can`t afford to fight.

I'm all for expansion packs further down the line like they used to make them. Think Jedi Knight Mysteries of the Sith in terms of scope. Then again they might as well start making a sequel alltogether. DLC will always be pure cancer though.
Also how about they release the base game first and get to work on additonal content later?

Attached: 59126b12ae653abed37699b9.jpg (323x433, 32K)

ION FURY

IRON FURY IS THE NEW TITLE

youtu.be/zjnhRz_GP3c
youtu.be/zjnhRz_GP3c
youtu.be/zjnhRz_GP3c

neat

>releases the day before my birthday

Attached: 1538436282883.png (358x339, 259K)

>ION MAIDEN is now ION FURY!
>ARRIVES ON PC, AUGUST 15!

>NEW TRAILER, NEW BIG BOX, NEW SCREENSHOTS, NEW GIFS, NEW KEY ART! GET IT HERE: ionfury.com

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I REFUSE TO WATCH EVEN A SECOND OF IT I DON'T WANT TO SPOIL MYSELF JUST TELL ME THE RELEASE DATE GOD DAMN IT!

Attached: 1272647303981.gif (320x306, 1.74M)

>August 15
Gay

Hey alright, nobody gives a fuck.

Attached: VIPER.jpg (600x600, 67K)

in-game model for Shelly

Attached: shelly in game.jpg (124x166, 7K)

We mirrors now.

Attached: Untitled.png (1269x673, 1.17M)

Should have changed the name to "Iron Maiden (The Band)"

Sorry, but 90's character designs are sexist.

Did they win the case?

Very well. Eager to play it.

waiter, this bait is stale

If I were Notch with FUCK YOU money I would have unironically done just that and sent Bruce Dickinson and Steve Harris each a container full of rainbow colored dragon dildos and sex dolls.

Attached: 26.jpg (1920x1080, 380K)

August 15th lads

>26.jpg
fuck, it's beautiful.
This is the best looking retro title I've seen in fucking eons. Wipes the floor with the others.

>Flynn's Arcade
Oh now Disney is gonna sue.

>Flynn Taggart

Attached: Doomnovel.jpg (220x361, 20K)

and whoever owns terminator.

The game also seems to be full to the brim with references
>Flynn's Arcade
>Tech Noir

Also we train level now. Loved Blood's and NOLF's train levels.

Attached: 33.jpg (1920x1080, 220K)

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.88M)

> Hence why the full version itself won't even be 300MB (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

the game probably even be more than 100mb

>Why are they changing the name?
So they can release it now instead of having to wait for a court date.

>The game also seems to be full to the brim with references
It better be, it's a Build game after all.

Attached: maiden 2018-02-28 15-07-56-93.png (1920x1080, 419K)

you just know zoomers of Yea Forums are going to call it cringe for having references.

Attached: file.jpg (1920x1080, 417K)

I know but fuck them.

Attached: maiden 2018-02-28 15-17-04-04.png (1920x1080, 368K)

The Loss and WCC references were going a bit far.
Also
>posted a second after
>is ahead by 2 posts

>giving a shit about what zoomers think or say

Attached: LOL1.jpg (430x268, 25K)

The Hellraiser reference was great though.

>the grenade bounce sound is the same as Quake 1's
This makes my penis become the big penis.

Attached: maiden 2019-02-05 19-13-03-51.png (1920x1080, 1.05M)

If you haven't bought the game yet but plan on doing so. Do it before July 18th because the price is going up by 5 bucks

>NEW PRICE!
>Haven’t played yet, and find that trigger finger is getting itchy? The Digital edition of Ion Fury is available now on Steam Early Access in English, for $19.99. As the game has doubled in planned scope since its unveiling, the price will rise to $24.99 one week from today on July 18. Now’s the perfect time to pick it up and start blasting.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 53K)

reminder that the devs retweet feminist cancer and call 90s female characters shit design.

I'll pirate it at most

Fuck off Green Skeleton.

looks like the play area from start of half-life 2

Nothing in IM looks like HL2.

surely any computer now can hack 1024x768 ?

steamcommunity.com/games/562860/announcements/detail/1619524466602443850

yeah I saw the news and decided to buy it now, the name was still ion maiden on the receipt kek

>The Loss and WCC references were going a bit far.
I thought the Loss reference was hilarious because of how subtle and fitting it was. I overlooked it myself in the game and if it hadn't been pointed out here on Yea Forums I probably wouldn't have noticed it for years. That's the beauty of easter eggs and secrets in these games IMO. If they are done well, hidden well or are cryptic enough, people can replay the same game for years and still not discover 100% of them.
I've probably played through Blood 8 times by now. I still haven't found every secret and I refuse to look it up on the internet.

What witchery is that?

Build witchery. Bitchery.

Attached: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (1024x768, 173K)

Only 5 guns?

she-bitchery

>be driving since 16, have 20 now and need a car in a different town
>get fucked kid
>be 24, fresh out of driver school
>here's your key sir, enjoy your shitty toyota
solid system, tbqh

>baton
>pistol
>shotgun
>sub-machine guns
>grenade launcher
>bowling bombs
>crossbow
>chaingun
>mines
That's at least 9

shit or piss
I guess they never piss huh
yu got a boyfriend I bet he dosent kiss ya muah

Pro Ion Fury when Civvie?

>stun baton
>revolver
>shotgun
>not-vector
>crossbow
>minigun
>bowling bomb
>proximity mine
The shotgun's secondary fire swaps the shells out with grenades, and the Crossbow either fires a single bolt or 5 that fan outward.

No thas only 6 guns. Baton, mines and bowling bombs are side weapons, not guns.

The same mistake Amid Evil already does. Lack of weapons.

5 guns...

With secondary fires. Bowling bombs are treated as normal weapons as far as the game is concerned.

Oh god, it's you. Get the fuck out before you ruin Ion Maiden threads too.

You can run it on a toaster at sub-HD which is reflected in the minimum and recommended specs, the problem is that once you go above 1080p it can become just as demanding as brand new AAA games.

>Baton, mines and bowling bombs are side weapons, not guns
Imagine being this stupid.

The famous baton gun...

>...
fuck off

>melee weapons are not part of your arsenal
Oh, look! Your argument's coming apart!

Attached: sw10.png (640x480, 122K)

pretty disappointed with the arsenal. I never liked sharing the shotgun and grenade launcher either. and no weirdo stuff that they've shown.
everything else still looks awesome.

I...It's so pretty!
I'm getting peepee in my eyes.

Attached: e74cf02e2fb5dd095815aaf053b9bc69eaec480f.gif (480x270, 1.56M)

Im not him. In a game about shooting people in the face a lack of weapons is a lack of variation and content. And no, im not wanting 4 different kinds of assault rifles.

Well then duke3d only has 8

That's the biggest problem with all of the retro revival games. They don't have any weapons that try and break the mold, and all of them follow the same basic formula.

VROOOM VROOOM!

Attached: b2f488eb367ce1ed08787d5345a8468a935225fd.gif (480x270, 1.93M)

My argument started with:
>Only 5 guns?

Your reading comprehension is coming apart

It has to do with insurance.

Younger drivers statistically have the worse accident rates by a fair margin. Do you want them to handle everything on a case by case basis? That's even dumber.

You are him, as he's the only one who had that opinion about Amid Evil's weapons.

I demand that you show me that loss.

Is it pilotable? Shadow Warrior 1 was the first FPS with vehicles and turrets 22 years ago.

'Guns' is just another weapon are saying 'weapons' in an FPS. Quit backpedaling and trying to argue semantics after being shown that you were incorrect.

Attached: Loss.jpg (680x547, 38K)

>just another way

Imagine custom made fan levels. Fucking MAYHEM.
I hope this game finds a dedicated fanbase that will give us quality stuff like Death Wish.

Attached: 98c4efa0d7e3213f58362b1f8a6b1d7c9122f69b.gif (480x270, 1.78M)

I finished AE last weekend. Im not him. I love it. All the weapons are great. (the lightning gun feels a little weak if you dont use the gimmick). The level design is nice, especially the later levels. The floating magic islands was a very nice case of design > graphics.

It just lacks weapons. I tend to look at the big picture. If there are niche weapons and gimmick weapons, they are nice, but how many weapons are you using 90% of the time? If its only 3 or 4 its not enough.

Yes. You can actually see that she is driving the tank.

Noice.

No good FPS has had more weapons than what can fit on the number row. Past that point, everything starts to become diluted.

I feel like they already collected all the dedicated fans as devs.

It's not even that it's also that what's there isn't all that great either, talking about the crossbow and minigun, which aren't very fun.

not really sure what the mines are supposed to be for either since the bowling bombs fill basically the same function where you can roll them around corners/blind spots and clear rooms and if they don't hit anything...you can just pick them up again.

Amid Evil is one of the FPS' I've ever played where I consistently used every single weapon from beginning to end. Each one was better against certain enemies in different situations and none of them were direct upgrades to a prior weapons (ie, shotgun > ssg or pistol > chaingun).

It could just be a moving sector.

Turok is good and has an arsenal large enough for 3 games. But your second point stands, overlap begins to happen eventually.

Thats 10 weapons.
1 = token melee weapon
0 = bfg

There is space for 8 real weapons between.

I feel the mace outperformes the sword very heavily.

>melee and bfg are not real weapons

Attached: 1558574517821.png (662x633, 743K)

Mace sucks shit as crowd control, which the sword does well at. Sword from clumps of small enemies, mace for large enemies.

I've only played Turok 2, but that game had many duplicate weapons, with much of them being straight upgrades to another. It has my favorite FPS shotgun, though.
It just gets dull when every game has a pistol, shotgun, machine gun, machine gun with windup, etc. Bowling Balls are all this game has to differentiate its arsenal from Doom, but they're also boring because they're just autoaim grenades.

Actually 7 is the bfg and you are a fucking idiot

They are extremely situation based weapons.

melee = no ammo (ammo conservation is mainly a task for the first ranged weapon [slot 2])

bfg = oh shit im getting overwhelmed

Question is, how good will the opening level be?

Attached: Build D3DSWB.jpg (960x1620, 447K)

We were talking about 10 weapon fps. Numbers 1 to 0. Sad that gamepad zoomers like you dont know what that means.

Not doom (which lacks in weapon variety)

Probably better than Blood's at the very least.

Kek. Still, I hope it will get some love and some now retired Build-Boomers decide to pick it up again.

Attached: 09827184687bdf5e011e6b294a78289a5d02480b.gif (480x270, 1.32M)

Isn't the preview campaign the opening?

I believe they said the EA levels were its own thing.

Looks based but the lack of enemy variety is worrying.

When is this 'variety' meme going to end?

God I would kill someone to pay homage to the alpha mom

The preview campaign were overfilled with shitty fucking head spiders and shit drones with heads. I figure that was just because it was super early, I hope the real game is different.

Meme?

There's like 4 different enemies in the trailer, only 1 of which was not in the demo.

No. The preview campaign is said to be its own unique thing. It is created from maps stitched together. The final game will be bigger and probably have more content. Since the preview campaign starts in an elevator, it's possible that the upper levels of the GDF could be the start of the real game, or maybe even before that.

>muh more guns
>muh more enemies

fucking ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMERRRRRRRRRRRRS

25***

I saw a flaming skull enemy, zombie enemy, robot enemy, and flying enemy in the trailer that weren't in the demo

I prefer Blood to Duke 3D overall, but Hollywood Holokeks is one of the best designed levels in the history of video games. I can't think of another game with a more iconic start that blew me away this hard and got me hoocked on the game.

You're blind. the demo had

>brown cultists
>crossbow cultists
>shotgun cultists
>head spiders
>scag drones
>turrets

and these

Attached: 1.png (2984x1204, 1.8M)

It probably won't suck, but the lead is incredible fucking boring and unfunny. Hopefully someone manages it to mod in the voices of Lo Wang or Duke Nukem.

The wave from the whispers edge also blocks/cancels incoming projectile attacks from certain enemies and can hit up to 3 enemies per shot if you aim it right.

The Robot is just the boss scaled down

agreed.
easily the best opening level in a build engine game. Also I'd say that Duke's 1st episode in general blows away anything in Blood, even though I like Blood more overall.
Blood's mechanics are just so damn fun.

>Hopefully someone manages it to mod in the voices of Lo Wang or Duke Nukem.

Attached: why would you that's just why.gif (250x220, 1.58M)

yh but boomers will call it garbage regardless tho

>Lord Zedd does some kung fu shit
I love it.

These armored zombies might be different from the regular ones.

Attached: 32.jpg (1920x1080, 387K)

Damn, Zilla is gonna pay for living again.

Yea, Duke’s first few levels are the best in the genre IMO. They’re just perfect.

i wish shelly had more personality

I was interested that they didn't show any new voice lines in the trailer.

Every time she speaks I'm disappointed