I’ve been playing through this and it’s so good the gameplay is incredibly smooth and the music is fantastic and it...

I’ve been playing through this and it’s so good the gameplay is incredibly smooth and the music is fantastic and it really captures the retro arena shooter aesthetic it wants tries to be!

Attached: 73339E30-7C19-4AEC-80E9-C033322F95ED.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/519860/discussions/1/3145094199305519573/?ctp=2
youtu.be/K97XBdAX40M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah it's good I'm glad people are making actual tribute retro fps games
Now I wish the other properties besides doom could fix itself

Fuck off, Dave.

Dusk, Amid Evil, Maximum Action, Ion Maiden, Project Warlock. I don't know what the fuck happened that all these great games started coming out one after another but it's a good time to be a 90s FPS fan.

If I find someone named Dave I will notify them about your request

I want to get Ion Maiden but it's still in early access? Is there a release date? What's taking them so long.

Getting sued, for one thing.
Oh yeah, forgot about Wrath of Aeons. I think that's the one I'm looking forward to most.

Wait, isn't something supposed to happen for Ion Maiden today? They made a teaser post on twitter a week ago. Be hilarious if they somehow struck a marketing deal with Iron Maiden and the lawsuit gets dropped.

I'm glad you're having fun user.

Refunded after 5 minutes.

based

Got sued by Iron Maiden because of the similar title, letter font, and the fact that some people genuinely confused them for each other.

Yeah? Well I'm gonna sue the shit outta them both.

Attached: The-Iron-Maiden-of-Nuremberg.jpg (610x410, 69K)

>It's a "discovering the fast fire totem but you already cleared the area of enemies" episode

Attached: 1556234759188.jpg (375x374, 42K)

This was me with the Superhot one.

I love it.
I like the redneck horror style.

Unironically game of the decade.

I'm still waiting for it on Gog.

In a later episode, you find out that they stack.

They didn’t. They’re being forced to change the name.

I think it had more Blood influences than Redneck Rampage.

>later episode
There's a secret on the second level that has 2 of those

Theyre announcing the new name and release date tomorrow

I never saw anythign about Redneck Rampage, just redneck horror in general.
If anything, the first episode reminded me of that X Files episode where a little town is home to a cannibal cult.

Still, one of the best FPS I played in a while. No bullshit, no cover, just dusk. I still stream it once in a while.

Project Warlock is definitely the weakest link of those so far. Level design being completely flat was a mistake. And the final chapter being an amalgamation of other maps is a cop out.

And Overload. That one is also a very fun one.

>Secret areas are hinted at using mismatched textures
>Last chapter is made up entirely of mismatched textures

Attached: 1550425734108.jpg (500x395, 30K)

>Love the fire totem
>Never use it because I don't wanna waste it on weaker enemies
>By the time stronger ones show up I've completely forgotten it was there
>Even in endless

Attached: fuck.jpg (510x397, 165K)

honestly the only problem i have with it is the bosses
i don't know if the games that inspired it have had this problem too but the bosses have just 1-2 attacks and can be easily avoided by running in circles around them or from a distance
hunting rifle makes this even easier to do, if you have maximum ammo you can do 3/4th or 4/5ths of the bosses health before running out and can just finish them off with shotgun shots

Boss fights in these types of games have been universally bad. It's not just DUSK.

>retro arena shooter aesthetic
You mean the thing that never existed?

You can also heavily damage Big John before he’s activated with the Crossbow. I still enjoy the fights though.

You forgot something.

Attached: MENUPIC.png (1366x768, 981K)

If only the game had looked more like that art.

Attached: Mali6_Hrrrngh_crop.png (776x473, 529K)

Wow, what a great fucking game! I spawn and I die!

0/10 refunding it and all you shills can go fuck yourselves.

Attached: Amid Evil death.webm (800x450, 2.69M)

Git Gud.

I liked how experimental the last episode in Amid Evil felt, pretty wild stuff.
hope Iron maiden is coming out soon

Ion Maiden.

And if they showed off her horse dick in-game.

>still no game where you spank cute bratty little dark elves
There's a demand here, devs!

>the gameplay is incredibly smooth
Try playing with the patched unity engine file from here

steamcommunity.com/app/519860/discussions/1/3145094199305519573/?ctp=2

and the launch argument "-window-mode exclusive"

The newest version of unity runs in a borderless window and doesn't have a true fullscreen display mode any more, so coupled with the forced vsync courtesy of the desktop compositor for Windows 10 it actually introduces a little bit of input lag, this modified engine file (courtesy of devs) reintroduces fullscreen functionality and when coupled with that command line argument, eliminates all input lag.

Disliked that Episode the most. The Void was also very inconsistent as far as quality goes.

Don't get me wrong, the levels are very meticulously crafted with an unorthodox design and creative pathing. Unfortunately, some level parts aren't particularly suited for fights or frustrating to travel, especially with the floaty movement.

>There's a demand here, devs!
I'll take this into consideration.

I haven't played enough of that game, to be honest. I did the first three ones, and the Forge level, but I find Amid Evil less enjoyable than Dusk. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the lack of armor, or the fact that weapons share ammos.

Attached: Replay_2019.01.06-18.58a.webm (800x450, 2.77M)

I'm actually surprised. I figured The Forge would be the fan favorite.

Attached: Bungee DUSK.webm (800x450, 2.86M)

FPS games in general have just never really had good boss fights since a lot of what makes bosses in other genres as fun as they are doesn't apply as well in most FPS games because of how they play and the limited view that comes with the genre. Jakob stands out as being a particularly good fight but he's pretty much just a multiplayer bot that knows about meta techniques, as reductive as that sounds.
I believe good fps boss fights are possible but it almost seems like you'd need to design a game around them to make them good.

Attached: heavy_disgust.gif (465x271, 958K)

It's really fun if you can get Big John in there at the same time.

I suppose it's possible to take after RPGs and make it that bosses are only vulnerable if you do something else first.
Like you do for Nyarlathotep.

Attached: DUSK destroying an altar.webm (600x338, 2.59M)

KEEL MEH TINY MAN

There are countless Doom 2 megawads that are more worth playing than any of these new "old-school" shooters

also free

Attached: file.png (640x400, 87K)

>literally DAE REMEMBER QUAKE??: the webm

I just wish Dusk wasn't so fucking ugly.

It was a Quake reference? What a shame, I though it was very clever.

"An unholy altar! Shoot it repeatedly!" (and having to shoot said unholy altar repeatedly) is ripped right from Episode 4 of Quake, it's the only time in the game you have to repeatedly shoot a trigger object like that to progress.

Attached: spasm0082.png (1920x1080, 1.6M)

Haa, that's why. I never reached that episode, whenever I finish Episde 3, my game bugged and forced me to redo episode 1 and 2.

Fuck I kinda want to, what a cool looking megawad.

I just need to find a good gameplay wad because vanilla Doom makes me sleep these days.

>retro arena
Fuck off

They guy who mad Eviternity is doing maps for Prodeus actually.

By not supporting the boomer shooter revival you're hurting the Doom mapper community as well.

>genuinely confused
Yeah, I always mistake heavy metal bands for video games. The actual game made by Iron Maiden wasn’t even called Iron Maiden, it was called Ed Hunter. It must suck to be that retarded.

I blame Boomers and Zoomers.

>ripped

Imagine being such a little bitch mad at people daring to make a new game instead of playing Q1 over and over again.

You are the reason people dislike old FPS fans like myself.

No, I hate you because of your reddit spacing.

Fucking Christ copyright laws are retarded sometimes

More like American people are.

>"An unholy altar! Shoot it repeatedly!"
I've finished Quake plenty of times, so I've played that map plenty of times and of course attacked that altar plenty of times, that message has never once displayed for me. This is the first time I've ever heard of it. Are you absolutley sure that's in vanilla Quake?

100% vanilla.

Forges is pure asscancer. There's more platforming than combat.

But I like forges in game.
t. play Dominions more to build magical items than actual strategy

Godhand retard

Is your retard brain capable of writing coherent sentences instead of this run-on nonsense?

The only reason bossfights in FPS suck is devs half-assing them most of the times.

You call that spanking? Pfft, it's nothing but love pats.

Project warlock is pretty lame tho, how good is ion maiden? I'm really itching to play it but it's early access.

>Hit a wendigo with crystal of madness
>30 seconds later two thirds of the level is dead and it's waiting for me to unlock the door so it can kill the rest

Attached: 1536902237500.jpg (592x373, 32K)

Be careful, these don't last forever.

I need more games where you ruin a local cult's fun.

Blood and Rise of the Triad, kind of

Attached: 4chanposting.png (909x720, 156K)

I tried Blood. I'm terrible at it, I take 40 minutes to finish every map, because I keep BURNING EVERYTHING.
Seriously, that games pleases my inner pyromaniac.

Attached: HAAAA IT BURNS.jpg (800x600, 450K)

You obvz didn't prepare for the pain ahead

I hate you.

Attached: Amid Evil Eclipse.webm (1000x563, 2.85M)

Disgusting get that shit out of here

>implying BASED noobdog didn't BTFO this game for good
youtu.be/K97XBdAX40M

Oh boy that totally doesn't look like a trashy clickbait made by some attention whore to get views.

It's fucking garbage and you need to kill yourself you stupid nigger

Based leafyclone

This

Spotted the millenial audience who can't enjoy good games.

It looks great though. Love the oppressive atmosphere. Does have a lack of enemies compared to other levels though.

Oh shut you just reminded me that TODAY'S THE DAY LADS

Shadow Warrior fixed itself and then ruined itself again. Hope the same thing doesn't happen to Doom. I want Eternal to be good but I'm kind of nervous about some of the changes I've seen.