Okay, which version is best?

Okay, which version is best?

Attached: D0F495ED-E87F-4D2E-831D-10C1FEBE2EF9.jpg (1200x800, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=653wuaP0wzs
reddit.com/r/majorasmask/comments/c9ywxe/announcing_project_restoration_a_majoras_mask_3d/
imgur.com/user/toomuchautism/posts
imgur.com/gallery/MUrJ462
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

3ds has some QoL stuff, but most changes really dumbed it down.
it is a great fucking game on any platform though.

N64

64 with Nerrel's texture pack. It's a WIP but mostly completed and it's absolutely amazing. Check out his youtube channel for a review of the remaster as well as a recent video showing how you can improve it with mods(if you don't want to emulate the n64 version).

3DS sucks though.

Attached: Project64 2019-01-06 05-09-22-42.jpg (1920x1200, 502K)

Go kill yourself you shill with your ugly thumbnails.

Nobody wants to play an archaic 15fps n64 version

3DS. Cope and seethe.

I do, it's awesome. The 3DS remasters for both Zeldas look cheap to me and ruin the mood either by having worse sound/music or just looking off. N64 is best, and this texture pack looks fantastic, visually it's superior to the remaster.

MM3D is objectively a worse version if only because it makes the gameplay far worse.

Attached: Project64 2019-01-06 05-04-39-92.jpg (1920x1200, 439K)

>makes the gameplay far worse
They fucked with swimming controls and even then they're completely serviceable although very janky.

the version on gamecube that came with the promotional disc was the best version.

The one that doesn't fuck up the boss battles and Zora swimming.

Attached: latest[4].png (1580x1918, 2.48M)

3DS version
Just having the menu easily accessible on the bottom screen is enough to offset any of the (very few) negatives, not to mention the numerous other positives

I can fit the 3DS cartridge in my ass.

Attached: maj.jpg (300x300, 10K)

no, it was poorly ported and it drops frames.

And the Deku water skipping too.

And deku water skip, spin, and flying mechanics. Boss fights and ice arrows are worse too among other things.

Attached: Project64 2019-01-06 05-01-32-52.jpg (1920x1200, 539K)

Attached: Project64 2019-01-06 06-07-12-82.jpg (1920x1200, 273K)

>deku water skip, spin, and flying mechanics
None of these things have issues with them. They might have changed them but it works perfectly fine.
>Boss fights are worse
LOL because they add a super visible eye even though the fight is the same.

Also these screenshots look awful. Someone needs to tell him that plastering HD textures on shitty low-poly N64 models doesn't work. You're posting these like they're supposed to be breathtaking.

Well then how do you explain the lack of shit stains on your cart? Put up, fag.

>None of these things have issues with them. They might have changed them but it works perfectly fine.
>LOL because they add a super visible eye even though the fight is the same.
>Also these screenshots look awful
You have no idea what you're talking about, you haven't played one of the games apparently. Or either of them.

Attached: Project64 2019-01-06 05-25-28-83.jpg (1920x1200, 174K)

I've only touched the 3DS version and have only done the swamp, but so far the only thing I dislike is the water skipping with the deku mask

N64

I have. You have to have some form of problem with your fingers if you think everything involving the Deku Mask isn't at least serviceable. Bosses are changed in visuals and with the added eye like I already stated, except Gyorg which ties in with the janky swimming controls
>You have no idea what you're talking about
Is me saying that those screenshots look terrible a factor of your belief that I haven't played it? How much is this guy paying you to shill his project?

I think this is more to do with hardware, but I always enjoyed how much better Link looked in comparison to OoT. I still remember when Majora's Mask was still called Zelda Gaiden and every screen shot was using the OoT model of Kid Link.

Attached: 1415246530559.jpg (516x542, 51K)

>those soulless screenshots
Stop putting high res textures on low poly models.

You clearly haven't or you're just shitposting. Everything about the Deku is worse. He's slower, his hops are gimped, his flying is gimped. Several of the bosses are completely butchered, Odolwa, Twinmold, that giant skeleton, the fish boss, and others are objectively worse in the remaster. Swimming is outright worse as you stated.

And these images are 99% of the time objective improvements over both MM and MM3D, using the base textures as a base but enhancing them tenfold, retaining the art style almost always. I said you haven't played the game because you're saying they look like shit when it's simply MM but better looking. How does that look like shit? The original doesn't even look like shit.

Attached: Project64 2019-01-06 05-27-50-51.jpg (1920x1200, 435K)

can't stress how much worse MM3D sounds as well. The music and the sound effects are all worse.

Attached: Project64 2019-01-06 06-05-51-32.jpg (1920x1200, 303K)

>added eye weak point to each boss
Boy this looks beyond stupid aesthetically.
>Odalwa is now easier than it already was because of it
Well if the rest of the bosses are going to be like this I may as well quit now.
>later find out in Goht's fight you have to rolling around as Goron Link to hit the fucking eye
>also found out they messed with the already perfect swimming controls
Glad I stopped playing when I did because this remake literally has no worth at all. At least OoT3D kept most of the original game untouched and didn't outright ruin boss fights and unnecessarily alter mechanics

Attached: 1489574214674.png (281x301, 89K)

I remember when I got the game originally as a kid, it was so refreshing to see all the little improvements they had.

Link moves gave the game a flow, with that flip they introduced and the side jump thing.

They even improved how the Bottles looked.

There's literally nothing to gain from playing either version over one another as in my opinion every change besides the graphics or fishing in the 3DS game is either a sideways change or a backwards one.

The only people who praise 3DS are obviously casual shitters who void their adult daipers at the mere thought of a deadline.

3DS one is better. The only thing they ruined was the Odolwa fight, every other complaint is pure autism.

Honestly probably the N64 with 3DS textures and models

imagine being this wrong

Aren't they literally identical?

No.

Attached: Project64 2019-01-06 06-08-25-10.jpg (1920x1200, 269K)

They sound the same to me.

You haven't listened to them then.

I played the game, my man.

Attached: 1562206963160.jpg (900x1179, 80K)

Nigger nearly every dungeon boss fight is worse, but the fourth one is especially garbage. Moon is also ruined.

>Preorder Limited Edition Majora's Mask 3Ds
>Buy circle pad pro
>The remake is shit

That doesn't mean you were using your ears.

This conversation is going nowhere.
Cheers.

Attached: 1561255267763.png (1308x736, 271K)

The boss fights were shit and janky as fuck anyway. I’ll give you the swimming, I forgot they fucked that up. I don’t blame you guys for being mad though, I’m still pissed at the Resi 2 remake.

No shit, you aren't reading what I'm saying.

The original, the way it was meant to be played, and in Japanese.

Attached: 遠くまで音色は響いたが・・・しかし、何も起こらなかった。.png (1366x768, 1.2M)

>が・・・しかし
soul

The rim.hack version of MM3D is objectively the best version

reddit.com/r/majorasmask/comments/c9ywxe/announcing_project_restoration_a_majoras_mask_3d/

n64 with stock textures
>using high res texture packs on low poly models and saying it looks good

There's a mod for MM3D that fixes Deku Link hopping and Zora Link swimming so that

Maybe in a year when it fixes everything.

3ds is better in every way except screen size

>implying better textures aren't better

3DS, easily. Nostalgiafags are rabid and will say otherwise

Niether is better or worse, it's a sidegrade

Good:
>Much better models, textures lighting and effects that almost always preserve the atmosphere
>Gyorg fight is better
>Doesn't make you rewatch the business scrub cutscene
>Better framerate
>Song of double time allows you to pick times
>Gyro arrow controls
>Fishing
>if you have a n3ds/xl, you have camera rotation/control via c nub

Neutral:
>The bombers notebook is a little less obtuse/more organic to use, but it's also a little too helpful.
>Likewise, the save system is less obtuse, but allowing you to save without it being attached to going back in time also removes some of the stress the game is meant to invoke
>Twinmold fight is different but not better or worse. Some people like the change, some don't.
>Bank placement is moved

Bad
>Odolwa fight was made very easy, especially with the deku mask.
>Ice arrows can't be used just anywhere anymore.
>Zora swimming less fun, which outweighs the benefit of easier control in tight spaces.
>Bombers notebook pops up automatically and takes a while to do so, is annoying
>The Keeta chase is made way easier
>You have to get out of rolling as goron to hit Goht, but this isn't nearrly as bad as Odolwa's change
>It's harder to use the Deku spin to go faster (super minor thing to count against it, but it's there)
>Great bay temple's atmosphere is changed due to less gritty textures and brighter lighting

It comes down to if you want an experience with better visuals and quality of life stuff at the cost of slight casualization (with an associated erosion of some of the intended stress) and a few other odd changes or not

in particular, there's comparsions of the visuals of every single thing in game here: imgur.com/user/toomuchautism/posts

can't stand this cherrypicked video, fuck off

Shills.

There isn't a single thing cherry picked, it's a near perfect examination. Your list is dog shit in comparison.

Case in point

>There isn't a single thing cherry picked, it's a near perfect examination

It glosses over nearly all the postive changes.

Too clean.
Too bright.
Too saturated.
High resolution textures on low resolution models look weird.

>It comes down to if you want an experience with better visuals
Since that new texture pack exists, this isn't even the case anymore.
And
>Much better models, textures lighting and effects that almost always preserve the atmosphere
Is bullshit for the most part. The lighting is always worse and the models aren't that good.

>Too bright.
>Too saturated.
Nigger you haven't even played the game. It's exactly the same as vanilla but with less blur and low resolution textures. "Too clean" might be valid in some places but not there.

Why do people criticize good texture mods that they've never tried?

Actually, I kinda have to give him the models. In some places they're a notable improvement. The rest is horseshit though.

Salt.

doubling "but" tier words is perfectly acceptable and normal in Japanese yo. Up to and including repeating the same one again.

>implying anybody should play MM in first place

N64 texture packs universally look like shit, whatever pack you're trying to shill is no exception.

Attached: 1537549957585.png (500x250, 145K)

>Is bullshit for the most part. The lighting is always worse and the models aren't that good.

Not at all, and I litterally linked screenshots comparing every location in game to prove it

The only area in game with more then like 1 in 10 or 1 in 20 things looking worse is the great bay temple

This one is the exception because it dosen't take many liberties. It retains the art style and mood from either MM or MM3D. It's even done better than the recent AI upscaling seen in games like FF7 or FF9.

Come up with a real critique so I can laugh at you.

Attached: Project64 2019-01-06 05-57-09-25.jpg (1920x1200, 346K)

The entire game is brighter. Literally every single area. What the fuck are you smoking?

HD textures on blocky and clear cut edges looks awful. I would rather play the game that overhauled the graphics and models before giving them a proper texture so it looks natural, that also retains the art style and mood of the original.

>Not at all,
After reading this I clicked on your link, clicked on this
imgur.com/gallery/MUrJ462
Why are you shitposting, faggot?

No it doesn't. It looks like MM but slightly more modern. Not a critique, you're just saying nonsensical bullshit.

>Odolwa fight was made very easy, especially with the deku mask.
He was ridiculously easy in the oridinal, you could kill him in less than a minute

Giant eyes are retarded though

>Nerrel's texture pack
Thank you for this, finally motivated to replay this after 15 years since the Gamecube version

Same here. I was happily watching the progress until recently when I tried it out, and it's even better in game.

Pretty soon there will be ray tracing as well.

alright ill be honest i thought OoT was pure donkey shit but Yea Forums keeps praising this game like the second coming

yikes

3DS is great only retarded nostalgia obsessed autists that jerk off to minute details would recommend the n64 version. No emulator bullshit, and no godawful controls. Play the 3ds remake, and you won't regret it.

Attached: 1552357494085.gif (200x150, 911K)

64 but fuck texture packs, playing around with emulator graphic plugins is the best way to re experience the game. I agree with some of his points but go shill another way.

N64, VC

Best part is Link's model is taller in MM, signifying his growth.

the perfect zelda would have link in his mid to young teens with OOT dev style in mind

muh dick

I really like OOT/MM Link's journey, and not that it'd has any chance of happening, but I'd buy a new game with him in a heartbeat.

I can't get this shit to work. I followed the video guide but the textures just aren't loading.

GC

saa

3DS, it has fish you fags.

is it possible to add the fishing pond to this?

Based placebo poster

3D was so close to being perfect but they just had to fuck up the best water controls in a video game for no reason, which is the sole reason it’s objectively worse

What? I never noticed they made him better looking. huh...

It's ass compared to the original.

It only takes a minute to check for yourself, retard.

They are basically identical unless you're using very nice headphones. This user just takes Nerrel's word as gospel because he's incapable of independently forming an opinion.

They are nothing close to identical. It's shitty portable audio compared to N64 bliss. Nerrel doesn't even mention the sound effects being worse you dipshit.

If you play majora's mask 3ds, you don't deserve to live

Bump

>the fight is the same
you clearly haven't played these games, get the fuck out of here. twinmold is heavily altered, that's indisputable. odalwa also plays very differently

>decide to replay MM after getting an everdrive
>get zora link early after learning how to bomb hover, which allowed for QoL like early spider house 1 during first swamp visit
Are there any other tricks I should be using?

>all the retarded faggots saying 3DS ITT
lol just lol

3DS once mods are available for Citra. N64 otherwise.

FUCKING DELETE THIS SUBSCRIBE TO NERREL NOW YOU FAGGOT PIECE OF SHIT

>This one is the exception
Go fuck yourfelf, this is getting tiring. Just accept nobody gives a shit about this mod

if you deku spin into water on the n64 version you keep your momentum and can travel much farther
the 3ds version caps how fast you can travel over water making some part much more tricky

It's an immensely popular mod that has had tons of work put into it. Why are you acting like such a faggot about it? You're looking quite pathetic right now.

Just Homebrew your 3ds and get some patches. Someone already fixed the deku movements and the swimming with the zora mask

Attached: Project64 2019-01-06 04-43-04-41.jpg (1600x1200, 277K)

Sorry Nerrel but that looks like garbage compared to the 3DS version.

Attached: Moon Dungeon.jpg (377x581, 243K)

Luckily for you it's from a cutscene so you can prove it by taking a picture and posting it.

I'll wait.

Attached: Project64 2019-01-06 05-02-32-47.jpg (1920x1200, 256K)

Attached: MM3D_Ikana 2.jpg (375x386, 155K)

i dont like the n64 version because its way too fucking dark and i cant see shit. maybe its just my tv but still, the 3ds game is much more pleasing to my eyes

Attached: Snowhead Temple_MM3DS.jpg (784x240, 169K)

Because the 64 moon was rushed shit with literal old beta textures and rooms. Anything is an improvement.

Attached: MM3D_Ikana_Castle.jpg (383x705, 70K)

The 3DS game looks pretty good.

Attached: Swamp Panorama_MM3DS.jpg (812x209, 241K)

>he can only post autistic bullshots someone else made because he doesn't actually play the game
sad

Attached: Project64 2019-01-06 05-17-04-98.jpg (1920x1200, 590K)

while the guy making the HD texture pack is obviously putting good work into the mod, why don't people just mod out the janky shit from 3D to make it play exactly like 64 instead of making 64 look barely better? it seems like it'd be less work then upscaling every single texture in the game when in the end it'll still look uncanny due to the low poly models

Someone started doing that recently but there are far too many issues with it, it will never get completely fixed.

The original is what we loved though so why not just improve that? It's perfect aside from dated visuals, and with improved textures and shaders it'll be as good as it's going to get.

>look uncanny due to the low poly models
This isn't a logical complaint. There's almost nothing that looks worse with the updated textures, the only complaint you can make is that some textures aren't done as well as they could be. It makes no sense to complain about this when modern games have shit tier textures on high poly models or when games like WW or Okami get praised for its visuals despite those two also having similar issues with an 'upscaled' N64 game. The art is preserved and improved in most cases, why are you whining?

Attached: Project64 2019-01-06 05-57-45-02.jpg (1920x1200, 425K)

I see the problem, you think that looks good and not awful and inconsistent.Those fairies and Link look they come from two different games.

Attached: 3DS_MajorasMask_swamp.jpg (400x240, 47K)

Not to mention getting rid of some of the lazypants stuff like reusing the welcome to Kakariko text in Romani Ranch.

Nerrel is that you?

If you actually played the game you wouldn't be spouting this kind of bullshit, you're just a nitpicking autist though so you don't know anything. The improvement is small, the base game is just as "inconsistent".

Attached: Project64 2019-01-06 05-07-12-73.jpg (1920x1200, 622K)

Obviously not you faggot.

No moron. Those fairies are sprites So by making them HD with while leaving Link a lowpoly model the makes the game look worse.

The original was designed with the resolution of both the 2D assets and the polygons of the 3D Assets. By retexturing the game to HD resolution you fuck that up.

Play the game sperglord They always looked weird and they still look weird.

Lots of things in Majora's Mask look weird. But only in Nerrel's HD shit show do the assets look out of place from each other.

god those textures are hideous

The fairies always had that retarded chu :3 face. You were just too blind to notice it.

OoT: 3DS
MM: N64

No, it's exactly the same in the original game.

Here I went to the forum thread to show you how subtle the difference is. You're just shitting on Majoras Mask at this point to justify attacking a texture pack that almost objectively improves most textures, in a subtle manner that retains the art style.

A pedantic faggot.

>god MM is hideous
No it's not, you're just a zoomer.

Attached: fairies.jpg (3828x1080, 1.22M)

Go play fortnite zommie

Oh so the 3DS version does look best then. Glad we can agree.

>>god MM is hideous
It is, but the awful textures there aren't helping. It at least looks adequate at 240p on a CRT but man the N64 was the worst looking console of its generation. Thankfully I can appreciate games as they were 20 years ago and don't need to bastardize them and pervert the creators vision with whatever that vomit is.

The 3DS version has shit lighting and the textures are lower resolution.

They are helping actually. And lowering the resolution to 240p doesn't improve the textures, but this mod does.

>The 3DS version has shit lighting and the textures are lower resolution.

True it has the lower resolution but it makes up for it in consistency and quality which you admit the HD retexture lacks.

The consistency is no different, some of these textures are taken from MM3D and improved as well.

>makes up for it in consistency
An user already proved this wrong earlier. Every HD remaster Nintendo has made has awful textures. It's no different than HD fan mods.

I just switch between both of them depending on how I feel.

MM3D is objectively the better version in every way.

big lie

big truth