Mock my words

Mock my words.

This will be the Nintendo's PS Vita .

Attached: dims.jpg (1600x977, 181K)

Spoiler: the Switch was already Nintendo’s Vita. They just combined it with a PSTV so you could seamlessly play on a handheld or on a TV. Part of the reason it’s doing so well where Vita didn’t do so hot

You know, I'll agree. This particular model will probably sell 15 million units by it's self. Maybe more.

Fpbp.
This is literally it. Also it uses microSD.

>Mock my words.
HAHA LOOK AT THIS DUMB FAGGOT HIS ENGLISH IS BAD

>Same analogs
Enjoy replacing a $200 console every two months rather than a set of Joycons.

the wiiu was nintendo's vita

But Nintendo actually supported the Wii U until the very end. They didn't just drop it and pretend like it didn't exist.

>and pretend like it didn't exist.
They are literally doing that by porting every wii u game to the switch

iT'S nOt FoR ThiS aUdiENcE
>will buy one anything because i can't resist anything with a nintendo sticker

Attached: 1560479193684.png (1220x1728, 221K)

Yes, AFTER a successor was made.

Does the PSVita have a successor to justify Sony completely ignoring it?

>will be the Nintendo's PS Vita
>has a ton of good games right at launch
It's already not.

Vita was great, the only flaw was Sony stupid management

Being made by Nintendo already fixes that one, also, no stupid propetary memory card

I think they're all done with handhelds. They are going to push for phone streaming instead.

>Mock my words.
Can ESL students please leave this website?

Agreed, Sony essentially released the Vita then immediately abandoned it

...Well that's not my point at all, but you're probably right. I figured Sony would try to dabble in imitating the Switch and it's success, but if they haven't done it yet, they won't.

It's a shame, because the Vita could have easily been what the Switch currently is had they given it the capability to dock and be played on the TV. Instead, we got the half baked PSTV thing.

I'm getting it just for the actual dpad.

Attached: satania_smug.jpg (395x395, 34K)

>MOCK my words

dont know if ironic or stupid

You can tell by the picture that the D-pad is cheap pro controller tier shit.

>Mock my words.
tHIs wIlL be THe NintenDO'S pS VItA

Doubt anything will ever be as dumb as the Vita TV

Attached: 350px-Demoman_taunt_laugh.png (350x352, 125K)

>is had they given it the capability to dock and be played on the TV
Weren't they planning on doing so using the "mystery port"?

Considering at one point you could buy one on sale for $25, the Vita TV was a pretty fucking good deal

>implying
If that were true, I would have bought more than one member of the 3DS family or a single Pokémon game after BW2

Which just goes to show what a disaster it was. The Vita launched at, what, $300? No good product gets discounted that steeply.

I think that was just a rumor. Sony never really said anything about that mystery port.

If I didn't already have a Switch I would be convinced to buy one just because you said that. Goddamn, I love the Vita AND Vita 2.0.

The Wii U already happened. Switch mini obviously won't be as popular as a switch but it'll do well I bet.

It'll sell like hotcakes in Japan, those fuckers love portable shit.

Vita launched at $250, mostly because it aimed to compete with (and crush) the then flagging 3DS by matching its price point, only to get bait-and-switched by Nintendo at the last minute with a price cut and relevant exclusives, rendering the Vita's launch stillborn. Needless to say, it never recovered.

It hoenstly seems redundant to me. What does the switch mini have over the switch?

It's cheaper and more portable

>$250
Add the memory cards prices also goyim

Attached: 1540835435954.png (500x468, 80K)

>those fuckers love portable shit.
But the original switch IS portable...

>Needless to say, it never recovered.
Only because of the memory cards. Other than that, the Vita would have recovered and probably would have found success comparable to the PSP.

>£200 for Lite
>£250 for Switch

£50 more gets you:

TV support
Tabletop mode
HD Rumble
Joycons
Compatability with all games
Bigger screen

Hard pass for anyone with a brain.

Attached: tumblr_pfvx18i52P1x822h0o1_1280.jpg (1199x1002, 148K)

But it already sold

Nah, it will be another GBA, DS, and 3DS.

It's this, AND if sony didn't make the ps4 and just made the vita only instead.

aside from compatibility I couldn't care less about any of those
I just want a smaller switch without the stupid fucking gimmick

switch is £280, lite is £200. still a ripoff but not as much of a ripoff as you're claiming

>Mock
kys

Well to be fair to the vita, if you went even half digital with your switch and it was your primary console I could see spending quite a bit in memory.

I own a switch, it isn't my primary console. I own probably 40 games? Lots of small indies, and most of the larger ones are physical and I have filled 2 128gb micro sd cards and the switches internal memory.

imagine owning a cuckdevice that plays games in 720p on a 3-4h battery life

This. Just by the colors you can tell it's for japanese girls and children.

Well that’s gay
Phone games are all tapping skinner boxes

Switch has software that people actually want so a cheaper one will do just fine.

But this is cheaper
Plus bundles user bundles

Haha yeah the Switch is full of exclusives instead of ports.

>But the original switch IS portable...
those fucking homemade portable projects are also portable, doesn't mean they're actually small or even visually appealing
same applies to the switch

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

>reddit meme capitalization
fuck off. go back

I mean, before developers started jumping ship and porting shit to steam, the vita also had exclusives. still has a few.
not that anyone remembers them or even care. and I feel the same about the switch. literally not a single game that makes me go "oh shit, I need to play this before I die"

looks better than the pro controller. Still looks uncomfortable to hold though

>Mock my words.
Can't tell if intentional or not

cheaper
smaller
dpad

it already has the titty games

The Wii U already exists

>Mock my works
Hahahahahaha okay hahahahahaha

I’m a little annoyed. I’ll have to change my shitposting tactics. When arguing with Switch fans on Resetera, for example, I could always ignore the portable aspect and downplay it whenever it gets brought up. That way you can call it another underpowered Nintendo console and really piss them off. Have to change my tactics and highlight the stuff they took out instead I guess.

Assuming you already have a Switch, just get the Hori d-pad Joycon

>But the original switch IS portable...

Honestly my #1 issue with the Lite. I’m all for a smaller Switch if it could fit in your pocket. The Switch Lite still requires you having a bag if you want to take it with you

>said the NeoGAF refugee

Look

I'm

Reddit

Spacing

Too!

It can't be the Vita because the Vita didn't have games.
Granted the piracy is problem is going to make it like the PSP where everyone steals games via piracy which drives developers away since lost sales are a real thing and do add up.

Switch is frequently on offer for £250.

Features are "gimmicks" now
You have to be fucked retarded to think getting less for your money is good value.

Cheaper is fair but the others are non essential
Joycons don't have dpad's?

I miss the Vita so bad. It deserved better. Fuck Sony for how they handled it.

its still to big to be a proper handheld

I don't want a fucking portable/console hybrid
I want either a console or a portable
and considering the shit hardware, the switch only makes up for a good handheld

Keep it up, just don't neglect triggering nintendies here too

>non-detachable
Oh god, the drifting.

>Joycons don't have dpad's?
No. In order to facilitate multiplayer with a single unit, the left Joy-Con has four individual arrow buttons similar to the face buttons on the right Joy-Con. It is as uncomfortable as it sounds.

Does Turquoise look more green or blue to you anons? I was wondering if I wanted Grey or Turquoise since normally I prefer red, dark blue and black in that order but there aren't any of those colors

Going back to the original game boy, who the fuck pockets their portables? The only times I remember a portable game system being pocketed was when literal children would pocket a game boy advance and GBA SP. Which would scratch the hell out of it, especially the exposed GBA screen. The paint would come off the corners of the SP. Otherwise most owners carried it in a bag or a case along with nearly all other portables. The GB Pocket ironically was not pocketable and the original game boy was definitely not pocketable even compared with the Switch. I can see putting a 3DS in a pocket for coins or street pass but it was just as awkward as a Switch lite or Switch without joycons would be. DS lite was pocketable but I don’t remember anybody pocketing it either. Again only children probably did like with GBA. Clam shell helped pocketability and nearly all other handhelds were not clam shell. PSP would infamously shatter into pieces in a pocket.

Enough with this goddamn pocket meme. Nobody pockets these things. They’re not phones

Soccer moms won't care, they'll just see the lower price and buy that version for their kid. That's the market they're after.

There's no way Nintendo could let the sticks for the switch lite drift, considering the sheer amount of negative press that would bring and the fact that the 3DS and Vita have perfectly fine analogues right?

You have too much faith in Nintendo's ability to fix their problems

Can just mod one into your joycon yourself user.

>vita
>perfectly fine analogs

>The GB Pocket ironically was not pocketable
If you were a twink queer, maybe. Stop projecting your obnoxious faggotry and admit you had a purse when you were a kid (but it was European so it was masculine and that's okay)

Is anyone getting this as their first Switch?

At least for a while it should be fine, the joycon hacking method won't work on the Lite because you can't remove the joycons.

You know how long the switch has been out? Ok now imagine if right now Nitnendo announced they were never going to make another game again for switch.

That's what Sony did with the Vita. Same time frame.

It’ll technically be my 5th but in my defense no. 2,3, and 4 were all gifts for my friends and family

Blue. I remember the DSi that was that colour looks different in person so you'll probably want to see it in a store before you get it.

.....they aren't?

Are game saves stored on the cartridges?

Vita 2k models are prone to analog drift but nobody bought the thing so it doesn't get much press.

I'll probably wait for a game bundle or LE but yeah.

No, but Bowser said they're working on being able to sync your data across Switches

From a strictly technical perspective if you didn't give a shit about TV connection the Switch lite is actually better.

>longer battery life
>better pixel density because of smaller screen with same 720p resolution
>higher version of Bluetooth functionality
>WiFi connection may actually be better because there's less internal signalling to compete with
>better form factor and less heavy

The only issue is actually the terrible color selection they have for it. This will also be the first Nintendo handheld since the GBA with no gimmick bullshit tied to it making it unironically the system everyone expected before the original DS was released.

>Uncesored weebtrash gaems
Vita 2.0?

>remove joycons
>put joycons in one pocket
>put tablet in other pocket

wow that sure was hard

lol literally the most embarrassing announcement video ever. Even Apple does better.

>Here is the new Nintendo Switch Lite
>Here are the features we removed from it
>there is literally no reason to buy this over a Switch, because even as a dedicated handheld, you'll only be able to play a fraction of our games
>Hope you're looking forward to it!

Great. Now where do you put your wallet, keys, phone, etc?

But the PS Vita was its own unique console? The Switch Mini is just a gimped Switch for toddlers.
This is sorta more like that, Switch games are primarily playable just the way it is. It only uses first-party accessories to make it playable on a TV.

Attached: 1501155319484.jpg (540x720, 31K)

The original vita was so perfect. Literally flawless. Sony just didn't give it any fucking support at all.

Fuck off with your monopoly money

Hey man, I just want to suck off some ghost in a hotel with my fat sausage nose.

Who here unironically want a Switch Lite exactly because they don't have that many friends and also not much access to a TV to begin with due to circumstances?