Can a videogame be good with bad gameplay?

can a videogame be good with bad gameplay?

Attached: VTMB_800x600.jpg (800x600, 82K)

No.

VTMB has excellent gameplay.

HAHAHAHAHHA

First define "gameplay"
Then define what is good and bad gameplay.

combat =/= gameplay

Yes very much so

Attached: wp_rn_b.jpg (1280x1024, 547K)

>First define "gameplay"
The way the game is played
>Then define what is good
The things I like.
>and bad
Things that you like.

No. Good thing VTMB scrapes by with tolerable enough gameplay that its other qualities can manifest.

I love this game, but no, no it doesn't.

yes but not often

Attached: Deadly_premonition_york_eating_cant_believe.jpg (600x300, 46K)

i really miss games like these, were you know if feels off in some key areas but its so good anyways you want to keep playing.

Absolutely.

Attached: 1368295475568.jpg (1200x711, 496K)

only if its unpopular and unheard of by the normies.

The gameplay comes from the decision making, not combat do I'd argue that it has great gameplay in that sense.

You can convince more people a game is good by having good music instead of good gameplay. This is the ultimate vidya redpill.

Attached: 1527058820234.png (500x532, 490K)

no if the gameplay is bad then the game becomes a VN

No, but VtMB doesn't have bad gameplay. Levels are well paced, you have plenty of options to deal with enemies that work, there's a fair few climactic setpieces.
VtMB has 3rd-person camera issues, underwhelming combat animations (especially for melee) and poor enemy reactions on par with Half Life 1.

That's not bad, just unpolished. Mediocre at worst.

It could be easily improved on but its defineltly something I would call bad, are you people seriously suggesting theres nothing else to this game besides the lore and characters?

Sure
A game can also be bad with good gameplay
...Or at least okay gameplay

Attached: Boobs.png (1280x1028, 423K)

DAS RITE

Attached: 1552939900828.png (1356x799, 263K)

give sinking city a shot, unless you're a NEVER EPIC tard, then wait a year

No, but it can be a guilty pleasure.

VN are better cause don't have tedious parts at this point

VTMB combat is fun when you go Gangrel melee protean beastmode ripperboi.

Oh fuck yeah. Dragon Age Origins is one of those games.

I don't think so. I recently played a game where I really liked just about everything except the gameplay. I had to drop it. At the end of the day, the way it plays determines whether or not you're having fun, and if it doesn't play well and you're not having fun, then it has failed as a piece of entertainment

Spit the name.

I think you meant to say a celerity clan. Gangrel's suck dick because the goofy combat knocks enemies back in the middle of your combos so you miss on the next swing. Instead you're forced to attack, then wait, then attack again, to avoid triggering the combo animations.

It is a very important part but not the entirety.

Lunar knights.
I found the characters and world very charming, the idea of taking a spaceship to launch vampires into the sun because they hijacked a planet's climate control is just too amazing for me not to give it a try, I liked the aesthetic, and the music

But at the end of the day, it was just a boring beat em up with isometric perspective (which I hate) and RPG elements that only served to slow everything down

thank christ white wolf isn’t allowed to write any more books

Sounds to me you had a fundamental issue with the game in its entirety.
Given we're talking about an isometric, pixelshit weebtrash game for children on a handheld console, seems to me you're just being dishonest for the sake of fitting in. Just admit you have shit taste and/or make impulsive purchases without doing some research.

>Rudi is an islamic fag that advocates for progressiveness in all societies by going to clubs and hanging out with fellow minorities.
>He is a big gay bear that Europeon princes fear will ruin Europe by invading their homelands by spreading his religion of peace.
I am glad I always thought the game was shit in every way and there is nothing to ruin.

how fortunate for you user, never to love that which aids can touch

Attached: 1554565190797.png (1347x822, 260K)

I didn't buy it, so no investment on my part. I went and checked out what people thought of it afterwards and it seems that even fans of the series it comes from don't like it. Beats me, I never played the Boktai games. But I was wanting to try at least one of them because they're made by Kojipro

>I didn't buy it, so no investment on my part
Oh, ok then. I recall my previous statement.

Attached: 1324235345667.jpg (184x184, 13K)

Yes, Pathologic is the shining example of this.