Why don't Yea Forums like grand strategy genre?

Why don't Yea Forums like grand strategy genre?

Attached: r8A9z1o.jpg (1920x1080, 540K)

>no reply
Guess Yea Forums really don't like them.

Because most grand strategy game discussion got kicked to /vg/ and most grand strategy games are based off of some historical setting or another so it invites massive amounts of /pol/bait

Attached: what the bard sees.png (693x800, 303K)

We do, you just have to shitpost with UGGGHHHHH IF ONLY WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN and grossgermaniums for successful threads

Tfw no fellow hoi3 autists

Sounds like a sad way to start a successful thread.

Yea Forums is a sad board, enjoy your stay.

because you keep excluding euiv and ckii kiddies like me from the club

>spend an hour trying to create a coherent OOB at the start of an HOI3 Soviet Union game
>game crashes
>no autosave because the game was never unpaused

Are the pirate republic in EU4 that come with Golden Century fun?.

Thats why you save before unpausing, baka

Attached: Russian_soldiers_during_the_boxer_rebellion.jpg (640x465, 95K)

We're the best board you retarded, insufferable cunt

Attached: 1445901401422.jpg (1225x706, 146K)

I was so frustrated I haven't touched HOI3 since. At least in other GSGs it takes a couple minutes of tweaking things before you're ready to unpause.

Attached: 1561899871009.jpg (600x437, 171K)

My biggest issue is just how poorly explained the mechanics are for Paradox games.

Attached: eu4_143.png (493x295, 165K)

Because even though this entire genre purports to be deep and complex its actually as shallow as any typical RTS game with the entire experience just being a map painting simulator against braindead AI.

>against braindead AI
Maybe you should play on multiplayer.

/vg/ exists

It's better in modern paradox games, but what you see in them as opposed to the older ones is DLC mechanics tripping over each other instead of making deeper unified mechanic improvements

This is correct. It only appears deep because of how obtuse the interface and game mechanics are.

haha comets!

It's a good thing most people play games because they enjoy them and not as a means of showing off how big their brain is

but i do like gsg, my only issue is that paradox has cornered the market with their insulting DLC practices. the fact that rome imperator released without basically ANY content should be illegal, because you just know in a few years it will have $200 worth of mandatory DLC

he has a point

Attached: 1543014379214.png (560x340, 418K)

only redditors think that

Cursed

because everytime I try and play them they don't even feel like a game just a boring slog with little to no gamplay

only redditors ever mention reddit
how the fuck else could you know what is reddit tier?

Attached: 1412894815958.png (476x477, 256K)

nah, that would be /sneed/ (formerly Yea Forums)

You know I always end up frustrated with strategy games being piss easy once you understand the purposefully obfuscated mechanics, but I never stopped to think "what if all games from this genre are like that, and it's not me who's choosing games poorly?"

Attached: battle.jpg (929x702, 94K)

el oh el

Attached: tumour.jpg (1200x6937, 1.77M)

It's easier to make a bot cheat than it is to make a bot smart.

I like it and still play it but I get burnt out real fast because the AI just can not give me a real challenge. It always boils down to just giving them free shit which pisses me off to no end because I will sit there and target key locations to starve them of the resources they need and then BOOM huge fucking army out of no where that I know for a fact there is no way they can afford to field. Or I'll annex them and all their shit is just fucking all over the place and useless in the best case or actively harmful in the worst case and I have to spend a TON of resources and effort to bring their provinces / cities / planets up to being useful. There are times I straight just raze everything to the ground because its better to start over than try to fix the mess the AI made.

One game of Stellaris there was an AI that was ALWAYS stronger than me the whole game until I finally managed to eke out a victory. The second I annexed them my economy immediately died. Their planets were so fucking mismanaged and terrible that even though they were half the size of me at the time they dropped my economy so hard I literally could not recover from it. The only reason they were a threat to me was because the AI does not play the game and gets free shit.

I stopped playing right then and there I was so fucking mad.

I've never play a Muslim country before, can anyone recommend some fun Muslim countries to play?

EU4 btw

Attached: eu4_110.png (1440x900, 2.32M)

England is fun.

>England
>Muslim country
???

CK2 ruined Paradox because now all of their DLCs are independent and therefor can never build on each other. All of their games are barebones at the start and only ever become ocean puddles after they get expanded upon because of this.

I do miss the old /gsg/ before election tourists unironically got triggered by grossgermaniums memes though.

>that repost ranking
>Yea Forums doesn't have the soiboi wojak in all six top entries

Attached: 1546377399000.png (336x374, 264K)

This has happened to me three times

You should learn to save before doing anything after the first two times.

This although I have a soft spot for CK2 itself as an rpg.
And Stellaris for being a genocide simulator.

/gsg/ must really be in a bad state for all these grand strat threads poping up.

should I even bother playing grand strategy if i'm retarded

/gsg/ is full of autisits who only play grand strategy, of course it's in a bad state.

It's not hard, just steep learning curve.

I got HOI4 on sale and want to love it, but holy shit what do I do? It seems like the kinda of game that gets great once you break into it

this, but also for Stellaris

You don't need any DLC to commit genocide user

>cant play as a murderous AI or Hive Mind with DLC

nah bro, they're throttling features

Is it worth buying HoI 4 right now if I already have 3 and all it's dlc?

Just play as the Ottomans and crush Christianity, once and for all.

>Just want to play as Vlad Dracul
>He's just slightly out of the timeline of both EUIV and CKII

It would be the perfect character to RP an immortal tyrant

Because most of the playerbase is autistic

>/pol/bait
The only ones getting butthurt over this are leftists who never played the game in the first place. So you have to slowly explain them that people don't like to play germany in hearts of iron because they are all full blown nazis but because its just really fun to play germany.
Or I dunno, have a successful crusade or colonize all of africa or south america.

HOI3 isnt actually only a little more complex then HOI4, what makes it difficult is the insanely obtuse UI and no tutorial.
What makes them fun is the alternate history shit that can happen
>germany and Soviet union team up to fight fascist canada who took over the us somehow

play Timurids > form Mughals

Attached: mughalseu4.jpg (1382x806, 490K)

Why don't you play as based Ethiopia?

Attached: presterjohn.jpg (1382x806, 460K)

The order of battle and supply systems are what make the game complex, since no other Paradox games have anything like them.

>uninformed lib detected

I love DH, EU3, EU4, CK2, Vicky 2 and have also put some time into Imperator. I hope Imperator gets better because the map is gorgeous. It's just really boring right now. Haven't played since befre the Pompy update.

I did once, slave empire was fun. Why dont you play Malacca user?

Because ages ago I did a Brunei into Malaya run and it wasn't that great. Everything east of India is shit.

>ctrl f "what game is this"
>no results

Attached: 1561952942796.jpg (640x870, 130K)

Hearts of Iron 3

>play EU4 first
>If you want to relive WW2, play HoI3. If you really like this game, play Darkest Hour.
>If you'd rather go medieval and be a King or a Count play Crusdaer Kings 2
>If you want to play in the 1800s and deal with trade and population management, play Victoria 2

>see wario
>retro games
>barely 69 reposts
ITS NOT FAIR, WARIBROS

Attached: 1562530126147.gif (274x249, 214K)

It's not a console game.

>play Aztec in EU4
>get pretty big
>UK and Castille keep chain raping me with their colonies

How are you meant to win?

I dont think he was asking for the name

Wait it out, get guns, stop being aztecs start being mexico

HoI4 released with no fuel mechanics which was the most ridiculous fucking thing in a WW2 grand strategy
It took them years to realize their mistake and I still don't understand how they thought that was ever a good idea

You don't, dirty brown people exist to serve.

Attached: Eu4.jpg (732x419, 58K)

RIP to burgundy's diplo points

Attached: Screenshot (22).png (1920x1080, 3.72M)