Lmao the epic mega sale was so bad amirite guys?

>lmao the epic mega sale was so bad amirite guys?
>meanwhile steam summer sale

UHHHHHH SWEETIES?

Attached: STEAMDRONES SEETHING.png (825x609, 298K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/publisher/yitz
store.steampowered.com/developer/kitsunegames
store.steampowered.com/developer/bigrobot
store.steampowered.com/app/777210/Vulpine/
twitter.com/HatsProductions/status/1148352125359050753
store.steampowered.com/app/981720/Lore_Finder/
store.steampowered.com/app/561740/MidBoss/
store.steampowered.com/app/242880/Sir_You_Are_Being_Hunted/
store.steampowered.com/app/789570/Nepenthe/
store.steampowered.com/app/1079740/To_The_Dark_Tower/
store.steampowered.com/app/853240/The_Light_Keeps_Us_Safe/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd2SgNm8g90
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All I do is just buy games for cheap. I don't involve myself in any of this gimmicky shit steam does

Developers can go fuck themselves

At least the shopping cart worked ;)

>steam summer sale was a mess, game developers say
You mean the same disingenuous developers who want a big payout before their rpgmaker summer project even sells? Why did they say it was a mess? because their game didnt get noticed?

How could they not see this coming? Obviously if you put one of the teams as a meme animal it's going to win

spbp

Both were shit, end of story

>buy a game or two during sale
>got $5 dollars off any other game by the end of it even though i didn't opt in to any of the gimmick nonsense
Was breddy gud for me in the end IMO

Attached: 1562695316265.jpg (750x750, 65K)

The only thing that sucked ass was the retarded worthless grand pix. If you didn't give a fuck about that, then the sale was still fine and you could actually buy VIDEO GAMES.
Kill yourself chink.

>sale is the same thing as event

>The only one who can be part of a five-man event involving a pig is me
- Nathan Grayson

This, they should have called it "hound" team or something, fucking zoomers saw the epic doge maymay team and lost their minds

Kotaku in general and Grayson in particular have been anti-Steam for years. They are not to be trusted.

>“Last sale, I made over $2,000,” the developer wrote. “This one I’ve barely made $200. Thank you.”
>store.steampowered.com/publisher/yitz
>store.steampowered.com/developer/kitsunegames
>store.steampowered.com/developer/bigrobot
>store.steampowered.com/app/777210/Vulpine/
>twitter.com/HatsProductions/status/1148352125359050753
Why are you letting these amazing developers get abused by Valve Yea Forums?

>“Unless a game is so exceptional or unique that word-of-mouth alone can make it go viral (think Minecraft, Undertale, etc), there needs to be a supporting medium behind it,” said Yitz. “If those ‘hidden gem’ games are further hidden away in the back of the Steam store, even for people explicitly looking for them, the developers of those games will never be seen by most of their potential audience, and we as gamers will miss out on our most beloved obscure favorites simply because they were hidden behind all the triple-A microtransaction-filled moneymakers Steam decided to push instead. It’s not the end of the world, but it’s the end of a few careers, that’s for sure.”
INDIE DEVELOPERS ARE GETTING WHIPPED BY STEAM WHILE EPIC IS HELPING THEM FLOURISH

D E F E N D T H I S

>using kotaku as a source for anything

what was wrong with the actual sale itself?

Attached: 1562079678806.webm (814x594, 2.49M)

>kotaku
Bullshit as usual, this is the tldr version
>Waaah waaah waaah they're taking our low effort memegames off their wishlists!

How utterly retarded must you be to think this affects anything? Most, if not all would've put them back on wishlists after the sale ended.
Besides, the fact remains that games on wishlists are not sold games. Wishlisting them just gives you updates when the game receives new content or goes on sale. So who lost what exactly?

Which "developers" are speaking here?

makes no sense to buy games in the summer, go the fuck outside

Attached: 1527178531675.jpg (964x629, 258K)

How exactly?
How was it a mess?
You get games at a discount. That's what a sale is. The stupid race event is literally irrelevant.

Games will be easier to find if they make less of them. Everybody wants to be a developer but not everybody should be a developer.

see It's all fucking literal who garbage again. Why am I not fucking surprised?

Disgusting thot

>kitsunegames
>Unless a game is so exceptional or unique that word-of-mouth alone can make it go viral, there needs to be a supporting medium behind it
>Waaaaah our games are nothing special NOTICE US!
Glorious shitpost, user. Very well done

Man, that bitch is everywhere...

That video just proves way too many idiotic people have money and that I must convince a whore to take it away from them while I get a share of it

I won Cyberpunk 2077 AND Destiny 2 Deluxe Edition (free €120 value), lol.

Faggot indie devs think it is Steams job to make their games successful. It is not.

>be in team Pig because tiny piggies are cute
>dont win a shit

Attached: 1562695703812.png (163x56, 16K)

Because people removed their games from wishlists since they didn't want to win them so they didn't get notified when it was on sale.

2010 Yea Forums:
>Man Kotaku sure is retarded
2019 Yea Forums:
>FUCKING GAME DEVS ARE ALL PUSSIES UUUUUUUH VALVE BTFO AHAHAHAHHAHHAH LMAO STEAMKEKS

Nothing to see here Yea Forums.

From the looks of it it's just the same old literal whos crying to kotaku.

This and choosing teams.

But the meme dog is a shiba. I guess normalfags can't tell the difference.

You were mega unlikely to win shit either way

Grayson is one of the biggest EGS shills out there right now, not surprised he wrote this hit-piece.

These crying devs realize that they wouldn't even be able to get on the Epic Store, right? Tim is only interested in AAA games, and indie games by previously proven successes.

what a crybaby
if you want more money make better games

Corgis are fucking better than Shibas anyway

>I want my shitty game on steam
>Okay, everyone can have their shitty game on steam
>WHY IS NO ONE TAKING NOTICE OF MY SHITTY GAME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING VALVE
every time

Valve is not responsible for advertising their games.
Valve will only actively advertise games that promise large quantities of sales, which means large quantities of money for Valve.
Why do these RPGMaker faggots expect to get the same treatment as billion dollar publishers?
Without Steam, these faggots wouldn't make a single cent, because literally no other platform would even look at their shitty products.
Why are these people so stupid to bite the only hand that feeds them?

it's funny how tiny indie devs think they will get on EGS with their mediocre barely greenlight tier game

>Join team Tortoise
>Just buy the games I wanted to instead of hoping for a free giveaway
Literally the only point of joining a team was to get the discount

>steam summer sale was a mess, said people who have literally zero involvement in participating in a sale
Publishers do this shit, not devs.

this but unironically.

You cant name other teams like animals but one a special breed. At least name the Pigs Vietnamese , same with the others.

>>/r/bullshit

>people are saying bad things about Steam

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

MODS

MOOT

JANNIES

SHUT IT DOWN QUICK

>developers say

which ones?

>you can't do more than one thing
>you can't save things for later

I love how they have a full disclosure like this every other article they write. As if stating it makes the conflict of interest go away.

Attached: 1_FMbLu7FJZge17W8cyPfsgA.jpg (678x158, 50K)

>not even two days in MAJOR PUBLISHERS with big games literally pulled their games off the EGS sale for an entire fucking month
>some handful of shitty indie devs out of THOUSANDS of other devs on steam continue to be surprised that their games aren't selling well anymore and expect Steam to do all the advertising for them

Why do you always take the bait Yea Forums?
I don't even know any of the fucking devs that are complaining. Like literally. Have you fucks heard of their games?

Attached: D88RGH3UcAA3aOg.jpg (1032x1457, 203K)

>Epic set sales for games without the developers and publishers permission.
>Pulls games from store entirely until sale is over

>Steams mini game is confusing and one sides
>indie devs remove their games from everyone's wish lists.

Not remotely the same.

>Only the headline
Kotaku you're supposed to pay for a banner ad if you wanted to shill your garbage.

Okay show of hands lads. Have any of you faggots heard of let alone played any of the games listed here?

A bunch of trannies, names were posted earlier in the thread

lol

Attached: Screenshot_20190707-193432.jpg (1080x1920, 596K)

Nah, it's the indies bitching
AAA don't care

lol

Attached: Screenshot_20190707-193439.jpg (1080x1920, 515K)

FUCKING WHO CARES ABOUT BIG NAME PUBLISHERS? INDIE DEVELOPERS ARE THE BACKBONE OF THE INDUSTRY

THEY'RE THE LITTLE GUYS WHO'VE SACRIFICED EVERYTHING TO GET BY IN THIS INDUSTRY ONLY FOR GABEN TO SPIT IN THEIR FACE

>make only low tier games
>maybe one mediocre
>why are my sales getting lower over time
Game engines like UE and unity should not br available to these greedy hacks with no sence of reality

I remember "Sir, You are being hunted" getting a real big push on steam when it was releasing.
I guess everyone else also thought the same.

Gabe would curbstomp your face in if it were legal. Something to consider.

Do I need a reason to take bait and shitpost? Its fun

why is the big doggie in the back doing an ahegao face? :

Nothing other than the new front page not supporting 4:3 so you need to have steam maximized instead of the small window.
Yeah there wasn't much in the way of 75+ discounts but by now people already have all the significant games from the past 20 years added to their steam accounts.

I heard of Sir, you are being hunted.
Only because it was shilled on steam before it's release last year.

There is no value in leasing game licenses from shteam.

they probably like it when people spit in their face, that's why they're a tiny little indie depression simulator making dev and not part of a proper dev team

>tfw used 3 $5 off coupons to get cyberpunk for $45

now if i had actually bothered to do the same for bloodlines 2

store.steampowered.com/app/981720/Lore_Finder/
store.steampowered.com/app/561740/MidBoss/
store.steampowered.com/app/242880/Sir_You_Are_Being_Hunted/
store.steampowered.com/app/789570/Nepenthe/
store.steampowered.com/app/1079740/To_The_Dark_Tower/
store.steampowered.com/app/853240/The_Light_Keeps_Us_Safe/

Be completely honest with me Yea Forums.
Does anyone even know any of this shit?

More valuable to have it on the best library than to have the exact same restrictions and rules on worse libraries. ;)

The event was shit for everyone. I mean, the deals were great and we all got a bunch of great games for free/huge discounts but the "race" was completely fucked.

I've considered it and I say: "fuck the developers". Gabe, your move

>sir, you are being hunted
Played, it's shit, refunded

Sir, You Are Being Hunted but only because it showed up a few times on my discovery queue

I miss flash sales

>only for consumers to spit in their face
And for good reason-their games are absolutely mediocre bottom-of-the-barrel garbage
But you already knew that, didnt you?

pretty much this. Hey Devs, please make a GOOOD game next time. DON'T HALF-ARSE YOUR GAME UNLESS YOU WANT IT TO BE A SHIT GAME AND WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY. BE MY GUEST!

half-arse

why the fuck is nobody buying my indie games? It can't be because they're bad or because I keep calling them shit like "Thus Also the Moon" and "To Eternity, My Dear Love", so it must be Valve's fault

could've gotten vtmb2 for $23 just three days ago

Agree.

Then they were retarded.
You selected which 3 games from your wishlist you wanted to win

I've definitely remember Sir, You are being hunted
i didn't want it
a lot of those look bad though

Steam is a store, it's not a store's job to advertise your product. I get the feeling a lot of indie shit devs don't realise this, sure some indie games randomly get popular out of nowhere but if you aren't actively advertising and pushing your game then it's not going to do well and you can't just expect it to do well for no real reason. I personally barely look at the steam store and I really don't give a fuck about checking out a random indie game in the hope that it's good.

Laughing so hard right now

Fuck off coporate shill ;;;;;;;;;;))))))))))))))))))))

>Game developers said.
Don't give a shit about "Game developer" faggots. Not entitled to all of my money, if I can get shit on sale I will. I still buy used games from stores just because 30 Canadian rainbow bucks costs less than 80 Canadian rainbow bucks 2 years after the game's launch.
Fuck you, and fuck your anti-customer stance you wannabe bourgeois faggot.

>High tier steam sales
xmas coal
summer camp
snow globe
flash deals
encore

>standard deals tier
free weeks
halloween
indie spotlights
autumn sale
spring adventure

>oy vey watch the spinning dreidel goyim tier
ARG - noir xmas
javascript botnets - saliens
chinese events
steam awards
grand prix
spring clean
monthly deals
VR discounts
RPG maker spotlight
VN spotlight
Anything from DLsite because its all censored

Attached: 1352588502058.jpg (492x366, 23K)

is this a normie talking point? a few buddies i game with keep saying how trash the summer sale has been the last few years, and although I didn't buy anything there were a ton of games on sale I wanted for cheap as fuck. why are people saying this

>but muh $50 game that came out three weeks ago didn't go down to $5

how entitled can you get. one guy was trying to tell me the epic store was better because of the steam sale sucking. people are fucking retarded.

Attached: pepe235634576.png (545x530, 275K)

>Campaign for years to get steam to host your shitty rpgmaker game
>Journo buddies complain that steam isn't hosting enough 'true' indie games
>Stream incorporates greenlight system
>Can't get enough votes to get your shitty game on steam
>Cry more
>Journo buddies cry more
>Steam says fuck it
>Allows all rpgmaker games and shitty knock-offs on store
>Dev's shitty game buried under mountain of identical shitty games
>WAH MUH GAME NO SELL
>Epic will buy a half million copies if they choose to release your shitty game
>They don't want your piece of shit either
>WAH STEAM ADVERTISE FOR ME OR I'LL GO TO EPIC
So, entitled indie devs acting as usual?

go back

Attached: 1482795518121.png (991x1426, 1.69M)

It’s because one of the leads of the game was a game journalist. Literally helping their own and giving it tons of free advertising. He wrote for RPS I believe.

It's not because of this, it's because of people being able to choose any team they want AND seeing the status of each team easily the second they look at the page. Of course when "possible free games" are on the line, people are going to dog-pile onto the team that wins the most. That's why Corgi was 10x ahead of any other team for 90% of the event.

>indies expecting to get the same exposure as AAA games
Why do they always do this. Of course you won't get the same attention as anything from Activision or Bethesda, the amount of money big publishers pay to Steam so they can get the front page is way more than 2000 sales of their small love project. Ever since Steam added Greenlight, there has been so many indie games in the store, it's saturated as hell, at this point, they might as well make a virtual store just for indieshit.

Developer who is friends with "game journalists" are most often shit developers who can suck dick

Flash deals were based af.
Its been like 5 years now.

Developers paid by Epic.

Developers would sell shit in a plate for 150 dollars if they could get away with it.

one problem that is fairly legit is that the amount of wishlist deletions went up by a lot because people just wanted the most expensive games for the random prize
I mean I did it too

Attached: 6ymGqn9.jpg (1080x1080, 208K)

WOW, NO WONDER THEY DIDN'T GET NOTICED

Attached: 1516042989254.gif (320x200, 1.9M)

>Nathan Grayson

Why are we paying attention to Nathan fucking Grayson again? Since time immemorial indie devs have always bitched so lo and behold it's no surprise that once again indie devs have come out of the woodwork to complain about Steam.

Do we need to remind ourselves god damn Borderlands 3 got pulled out of the EGS? Bloodlines got pulled out of the EGS. Ubisoft didn't have any of their games listed during the sale because of a bug. Supergiant fucked around with Hades pricing. Klei pulled Oxgen not Included as well. And the latter two are indie devs as well so Epic fucking with both sides.

All you had to do was move the ones you want to the top.

the sale was fine. The game/event part was shite.

>so they didn't get notified when it was on sale.
but pretty much everything was on sale

While all of these look shovelware, I kinda can feel pity for them since they're all fairly new, but Sir You're Being Hunted is a fucking 6 years old game that I remember being on sale for literal pennies, why exactly the devs expect people to still buy this shit is beyond me.

Makes sense.
His friend probably writes for Kotaku now as well and made this article.
Isn't steams fault that nobody wanted your games enough to keep them on the wishlist.

those people were fucking morons then it literally said it would choose your top three games on the wishlist. sounds to me like the developers are >coping

The HatsProductions people made Organ Trail.

It's awful.

Well, those games (except bigrobot) look so shallow, so they deserve to be trashed. I notice more developers are getting more lazy each time. There is no money cheat! The consumers are fed up with more garbages you, devs spewing all time. You will never get a cent out of the consumers if you keep doing like that.

At the end of it all, I wasn't negatively affected by this at all. I wanted a free game, but you can't win them all. I leveled up my steam badge about 50 times, so for the facebook retard holed up inside of me, that was a plus.

Kinda wish more games went on sale.

make shitty games
win shitty prizes

>>indie devs remove their games from everyone's wish lists.
what

>that image
Holy shit I've never seen someone else use that. I might have actually screengrabbed that original

Attached: download.png (772x50, 14K)

It was decent

The developer complaint over the wishlist thing was total bullshit, Valve has done the exact same giveaway at least two or three times in previous Steam Sales without issue, and even then they still bent over backwards to ameliorate the complaint within hours of it being raised (with a notice on the actual wishlist page telling the user directly that they didn't need to remove anything).

The problem with this sale was the general idiocy of the minigame, and that's really kind of a silly thing to whine about, right? They've always been kind of knowingly idiotic, campy even, and it didn't actually *hurt* anyone.

everything to be a contrarian

So how many dollars a day do you lose if someone removes your game from their wishlist? Why the fuck does it matter?

>steam starts doing quality control
>these whiney bitches don't make the cut
haah waaw

I mixed that up. The people removed indie devs games from their wish-list.
So they had higher chances of getting triple A games from the races.

All it boils down to is that people didn't want old busted indie game over the new hotness. Steam showcasing indie games wouldn't fix this.

So the consumer is an entitled manchild but those devs are right in their minds. Right.
>hidden gem
kek

Attached: Babby.jpg (600x597, 42K)

So basically some shitty indie dev is mad that people didn't want to keep their next shitty indie game on their wishlist.

>store.steampowered.com/app/242880/Sir_You_Are_Being_Hunted/
This was shilled here

This is fine and all but can someone point me to the actual big daddy publishers and well-known indie devs that are complaining?

How was it a mess? Got Divinity and Titan Quest gonna have a good time

Those guy's games would not even be allowed on Ebin Schweiney's store

Attached: tenor.gif (220x220, 338K)

>Nathan Grayson
The source is literally his ass

>this is the trailer for a game dev complains ain't selling

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd2SgNm8g90

Really, nigga? Like, serious? Come on man. All these games appear to be dogshit or old stuff that has either been cheaper before or is stuck in early access.

Attached: 1559722291740.jpg (768x1024, 47K)

>people want to maximize their profits
>indie devs are butthurt

who knew

99.9% of people didn't win shit.

Nice

The event was always a silly little side thing that Valve just hodges together last minute to fuck with people. You mostly just payed attention to it for the 5 buck vouchers you could get.

While it isn't on the same level as flash sales, I don't think we'll ever get something as crazy as those ever again, Yea Forums recommended a dozen or so great games on sale so you know it wasn't really that bad.

The barrel has no bottom.

Is that just fucking Undertale but utterly devoid of SOUL?

This "race" was ignored by probably 99% of steam users. I didn't even fucking realise it was going on until i saw people shitposting about it on Yea Forums.

>wishlisted game = guaranteed sale
I've wishlisted so much crap that I'm never going to buy, this guy is an absolute retard.
That just reminds me to prune my list.

So undertale?

To be fair, 99% of the cases, indieshit don't get to hog the front page of steam or have big ads, people removing your shovelware from their wishlist is basically losing a potential buyer, not that wrong to assume that the wishlist is basically a constant reminder that their game still exists, so that one day you may buy it. Also, I don't know the % of this, but I guess the devs can see from where most of their sales come from, so considering they're whinning so much, I guess most of their sales came from people that had their games on their wishlist.

He's mad that people didn't understand how the price was selected and deleted every game off their list but 1.
For some reason he thinks this translates to lost sales because in his mind he was basically already entitled to those.

So it's a bunch of fail devs crying about Steam again when they have 0 chance to get accepted on EGS anyway.
Real pottery.

Fuck indie games.

Attached: 1550359723432.png (225x225, 99K)

Why does Kotaku and all these other game journos only show off the devs that are complaining and were "negatively" affected by the sale instead of picking actual success stories that found massive increases in their game's sales?

Surely it isn't that case that all indie devs are negatively affected by steam sales almost every time.

>not wishlisting the valve index

Wait, people got games for free?

>While it isn't on the same level as flash sales
Nigga flash sales ain't shit compared to what they used to do.
I still miss summer camp

Kotaku ain't friends with indie devs that actually make good and successful games.

>people removing your shovelware from their wishlist is basically losing a potential buyer
kek
I don't even remember 90% of titles on my "wishlist", let alone why I put them there.

based and redpilled

>devs of completely forgettable indie games complaining
if you can't make a good game at least make it memorable so someone would care
or make it free you fucking jobber

Attached: hellocharlottefreya.jpg (477x901, 466K)

Click bait. and normally the writer of the article is a friend of one of the devs.
Nobody goes to Kotaku for news.

That's you then, my wishlist is short as fuck and only have shit I want to get eventually.

The auction where you bid in gems was a based sale

Why don't they just make a good game when they want sales?

Game bloggers will never report positively on anything valve related because valve never buys ads on their sites.

bigrobot stuff looks like it could be interesting but I am not interested in those settings in the slightest the other ones look like greenlight garbage that should have been filtered out of steam entirely

>gem
More like kidney stone.

>there needs to be a supporting medium behind it
Egocentrism at its best.

>there needs to be a supporting medium behind it
NO WAY

Not him but my wish list are just games I found interesting. No plans to buy any of them.

Now we talkin

Underrated post

Indeed. Or the first christmas sale.

Well I know it was a failure for me. I sold only 2 copies above average for my game @ a 60% discount.

So just to be completely sure, all these game devs DO realize that Epic will never accept that garbage as well right? Or are they that narcissistic that they think they deserve to pass all kinds of curation?

post game pussy

What's your game user?

I miss when you could make money off of idiots

Attached: steam gem.png (680x497, 293K)

Which game, user

Link your game. I'll buy a copy right now if it looks interesting.

>tfw there will never be a sale as good as the Xmas coal sale ever again

Attached: 1560836583206.png (540x686, 29K)

>in before it's that 2d game tutorial space ship game

That isn't what he's saying. He's saying it's marketing data. Like .01% of wishlists = ~1 sale or some shit. The problem is that he's saying sales suffered directly from the summer sale which, given the context, doesn't make sense.

The complaint about a loss of data due to the sale is solid but nothing to write a fucking gamer article about.

Man I got so many garbage games for free by bidding on games that no one wanted.

The russians did this way better than you ever could.
Steam had to policy their key generator API so russians would stop requesting 400k keys from their $1 games to bot the cards into gems.

>there are too much indie crap on steam so new indie crap isn't selling
This is not wrong.

Because they're under the impression that they're actual journalists cracking real stories instead of a clickbait site with a loudspeaker.

and especially this

participating in the game gave you points based on steam achievements and simple activities in games (for example harvesting stuff in stardew valley). Using these points in the game awarded you tokens at a 1:1 rate, 15.000 tokens could be exchanged for a $/€ 5.- coupon. There was an upper limit on how many points/tokens one could acquire, which was determined by certain factors, like the number of games you already own and so on, I didn't look into that part at all. Because many people here own a ton of games, have a ton of achievements and are autistic fucks this meant lot's of coupons, oh yeah you could get more than one. I barely tried and got 2, a bunch of anons probably got way more coupons, also I am sure there was a way to exploit it.

the problem is that valve are lazy fucks that expect their userbase to not abuse the system which is a dumbfuck way of thinking because that's almost always never the case
so every single fucking year they come up with some new dumbshit hoping people won't abuse the system and every single fucking time people find a way to get away with it

so these events get neutered and neutered until we're left with literally nothing events like this one where the biggest thing you could do is get 5 buck discount vouchers every now and then

>Because many people here own a ton of games, have a ton of achievements and are autistic fucks this meant lot's of coupons, oh yeah you could get more than one. I barely tried and got 2, a bunch of anons probably got way more coupons, also I am sure there was a way to exploit it.

I thought you needed to spend money to up your capacity though? Isn't that the limiting factor of the event?

Those devs should go talk with Tim
Im sure he will be willing to pay 500k copies upfront for their crappy low quality games

It was? As I said I didn't look into it, I just know that people had different values starting out, which some claimed, don't really know if true, was determined by the number of games you already own.

>This sale was a mess
>Sure the games were listed fine, but the stupid fucking game noone paid attention to was stupid!
Fuck valves dumb fucking minigames, I just want to buy real games cheap and the sale accomplished that

Why don't indie devs make an indie store just for cheap shovelware indie game? Like you'll buy the key for Steam or a direct download, and that's it, never engage in any Steam sale and have the prices in the indie store cheaper than the option on Steam, so people feel more inclined in buying from your store instead of Gabens.

Attached: Pikachu.full.1445652.jpg (702x546, 91K)

>Why don't indie devs make an indie store just for cheap shovelware indie game?
itch.io

It's not Valve's fault people are retarded.

Oh yeah, I wonder why they aren't content

Valve doesnt really care about people "abusing the system" when they get a % out of every market transaction anyway

At least Steam has a fucking shopping cart, it won't block you from making future purchases if you buy more than 5 games at once and it won't investigate your account for fraud if you but more than 5 games at once.

>hidden gems
>this absolute dogshit

Why don't indie devs collaborate with each other, plan a potential project out, then talk to Valve about some fun weekly indie sale events they could do?

Like seriously. At this point, with god knows how many games on Steam, you need to meet Valve halfway with this shit.
>trying to approach hundreds of other indie devs and plan out some indie event you could do on Steam
>send that proposal to Valve
>they might like the idea and have a special event where indie games are on sale and are highlighted
Legitimately wouldn't this be the perfect way to start a good foundation of an "indie dev" group on Steam that has direct communication with Valve every now and then. And they can have special sales/marketing events they could approach Valve with to do.

Seriously, imagine wasting your time on this gay garbage for badges or whatever. Bring back flash sales or fuck off with this trash, Gaben.

>expecting these entitled devs to actually work

L M A O

>somewhat cluncky sale vs shit tier sale
>b-but muh epic competition
Since I know trying to reason with shills is pointless I will just say something they will understand, fuck off. Your not changing anybodies mind and your an active detriment to the store your trying to shill. At the very least come back when epic isn't a pile of shit which is likely never considering simply adding a game delays basic features.

I will be 100% fair here:
The lack of free cards if you do 3 queues probably hurt small devs a little, as i assume its a good free source of publicity
On steam's side, however, they have no duty of marketing every single crappy game on their store, and everything they done so far was free.
And those small devs will never ever get into another major distributor expect maybe GoG, and thats a stretch already

BIG SURPRISE BREAKING NEWS - MONEY IS INVOLVED

Lots of the indie studios had sold 'futures' of their future sales based on the wishlist to keep the workers and the occasional investor happy. Now, with the removal of their games from the wishlists, the more well funded indie studios are grilled by suits about a catastrophical change in market data and the smaller ones have a very, very unhappy workforce that trembles with fear because they think their shit won't sell.

So of course rather than looking at themselves for embracing unhealthy business analysis methods they try to blame their collapsing house of cards on Steam.

Attached: Check em'.jpg (168x161, 12K)

>this is someone's daughter

I'm sorry but I'm not reading your article, Nathan.

Attached: fuck communist.png (649x1024, 631K)

I don't recall anyone getting their account disabled for buying too many games

as long as she never crossed the line into actual prostitution, if my daughter could get filthy rich taking advantage of lonely retards online I would totally be for it

No one removed wishlisted games to add Doom Eternal or CP2077, just changed the order.
And I never seen anyone actually buy those games in order. Some people dont even know there is an order at all at the wishlist.

Why are these devs surprised that competition is working as intended? I thought kotaku loved competition? That's why they're shilling the EGS right?

>It's not because of this, it's because of people being able to choose any team they want AND seeing the status of each team easily the second they look at the page.

This. Steam should have split people into teams completely randomly instead of allowing people to literally pick the team that's already winning by a mile.

Indie devs think they deserve fame and success and adulation just from putting out their shitty pixel art walking simulator.

There are all kinds of smaller scale sales, there was one for games made in Canada, there are A LOT of publisher specific sales (Devolver, tinybuild or stuff like that which have a wide variety of very different indie games) and numerous others I forgot because I wasn't interested in the slightest in them, but still saw some kind of special banner pop up when I opened the store page.
Publishers/Developers are in total control how much they want to sell the game for and how much of a discount it should have at what time. If they wanted to do some indie sales event across multiple publishers and developers, I'm sure Valve would oblige if it doesn't intersect with any other planned sale, but this would require them to actually get together and plan something out instead of bitching and moaning on the highest caliber.

>I don't recall anyone getting their account disabled for buying too many games

Actually if you were on Yea Forums just before the sale ended, there were a lot of posts from people who tried to make like $400 in last second purchases and triggered some kind of fraud protection.

Obviously not as bad as Epic's "You bought FIVE games??? Calling the cops now bye" but still.

>western indieshit
>hidden gems
yikes! the real hidden gems are japanese aa games.

you are contradicting yourself
many people didn't know that wishlist gifting had priority so they pruned everything but the top 3 they were hoping to get
valve later made an announcement/UI widget to announce that fact to stop people from purging their wishlists

The Signal From Tölva isn't bad but it's basically taking outposts on repeat for 7 hours, would not recommend.

The sale was a fucking mess, not because of the dogshit game, but it surely didn't help one bit.

>They expect their obscure game to sell as well as it did last year despite being less revelant
Well gee, who would've thought

based

I know. In fact, some of the best deals these past few years that I've gotten from Steam wasn't from the big Sales events but from the more niche ones that suddenly just get announced every other week/month. People are too hung up on Steam Summer sales but the real hidden value is in those more personal sales events that doesn't have hundreds of not thousands games affected.

Which is why I'm continuously baffled by the fact that this kind of potential marketing path is there for indie devs but none of them bother to network with each other properly to form a fairly large group to show to Valve that "hey why not throw a bone our way and help us with this sale we would like to do?" It's all so fucking stupid to me.

Lmao they're just shitty games.

>buy several games on Steam
>didn’t get banned
Already farther ahead than EGS

What was a mess about it?
There were pretty good sales

indie devs don't actually want to work you fools

the ones who do don't need that shit because they actually make good games instead

Shitty indies are crying to shitty journos that no one bought their shitty games.

You're the shill from yesterday aren't you?
Please, it only makes it easier to identify you when you type like a middle aged woman who just learned facebook.

There is no point in making an article about successful devs. It's better to focus on angry devs who will talk about how good you are for caring about unsuccessful devs (they don't).

Notice how the shill's script doesn't actually have an answer for questions like this so they only respond to the ones they can tell to "cope" or call "steamdrones"

I only need to see the various youtubers exploiting the sale to know the thing was broken.

The whining from devs however, is just like the refund system. A bunch of literal-who shovelware developers and washed up hacks upset that their pieces of crap didnt sell.

Attached: 1434002005719.png (652x533, 224K)

It was shit for you because you didn't play it properly. Many people like myself came out making more money then we actually put in via selling keys we purchased ingame (which count toward points) to 3rd party gambling sites.
Also you are stupid for even thinking you would have won a free game even if you were on the winning team. The amount of people participating was too great.

>people refunded my piece of shit game with all negative reviews WAAAAAH i couldn't gip them out of their money!!!
i love that everyone who complains just outs themselves like this

>Nathan Grayson
Has this guy made a single good article in his entire life Yea Forums?

How does grayson still have a job

I bought roller coaster tycoon for 4 bucks, that's all. I've been playing it all week, game was fun as shit and still is. I have a toaster so i didnt give a fuck about winning cyberpunk, if i want it ill buy it next June for 40 bucks on ps4.

>Indie devs cry steam isn't fair and they're not competitive
>Upset their game doesn't sell because of the competition of a hundred thousand indie games
I love ever single minute of it

What was broken with the sale? There was definitely miscommunication on Valve's part in how exactly it works (hence people removing stuff from their wishlist but let's be honest, most people have shit in there they probably won't buy), but don't tell me you think this "point farming exploit" is the exploit you're talking about since it's not exploitable like most people think. If you put any decent amount of hours into any game with achievements, you could easily max out your points that way without having to resort to some shitty clicker bot point farming in Starbound.

LOL

I dream of a world Yea Forums.

I dream of a world where a single day can pass without a retarded indie dev bitching.

>no potato

>This is someone's filthy right daughter

The only negative thing I found from the sale:
>Dynasty Warriors 9 was on sale
>Dynasty Warriors 8/Empires was not

Attached: 1547680665222.jpg (535x655, 70K)

The event was crap but you could still but a bunch of games on discount hassle free.
Meanwhile, Epic still doesn't have a shopping cart.
These threads are more pathetic by the day. GoG, Origin and Uplay all have better chances to compete with Steam than Epic.

Best post.

why are we, the consumer, defending the producer?
The onus is not on us to defend our corporate rulers

What would you say the odds are of winning? I knew it wasn't gonna happen but I was hoping to get super dragon ball heroes, bloodstained, and spyro reignited. It was really stupid you only could boost 100 points per day even after doing that stupid checklist to increase it. That only worked for one day.

not really
i mean i literally only know her from the odd webm spammer on Yea Forums. she's a literal who outside of this website.

- Valve curates games
>"Waah! Valve won't release my game on Steam! Wah!"
- Valve loosens up on curating games, allows more lower-quality games to be released
>"Waah! Valve still won't release my game on Steam! Wah!"
- Valve stops curating games, everything can get on steam unless it's straight up trolling or malicious software
> "Waah! There's so much shitty games on steam that my totally not shitty game can't get discovered! Why won't Valve put MY game on spotlight on front page! WAH!"

Attached: 1490711557848.jpg (900x900, 82K)

Why the fuck do they think that a marketplace should advertise there games for them? Especially for free? It's the fucking dev/publishers job to advertise their shit, it's literally one of their jobs. If these fags are getting buried, it isn't steams fault.

spbp

Summer Sale wasn't a mess if you had a ton of previous purchases, seriously, the amount of "Free" Tokens was pretty damn good if you been using Steam regularly for a few years. And with a few i mean 10+. even if the % was shit shaving off the extra dollars on top of it made it worth buying a few things after all.

The only "Shitty" thing was the raffle/race and anyone expecting to win at something and/or putting stock into it like that deserve the suffering.

I wanted RoR2 but it didn't go on sale.

Next time I guess.

>written by a seething cocknigger

Attached: 1493953580413.jpg (120x117, 3K)

Ah yes, the steam motto.

>kotaku
no1 cares

i saw "Sir, You are being hunted" somewhere and it was boring shit

Attached: 1520868094329.jpg (640x640, 86K)

No the sales are objectively worse than they used to be, the discounts are less and theres no more ridiculous flash sales where you got games dirt cheap.

But he did his graphics in color pencil. Give him a million.

You sure? i could have sworn they were one of the Sites Steam Shilled on Recent News, but i guess they dropped it or something?

God i fucking hate the Recent News section, I don't want to have Eurogamer and RPS Clickbait shoved in my face Gabe.

Attached: Waaaaaa.jpg (768x981, 70K)

ill drink to that

Attached: 1562696482450.gif (1702x1384, 163K)

Based? Yes.

Redpilled? Why yes my good sir, I believe he was.

Attached: 1544161328326.png (702x702, 89K)

you forgot

>transcendental sale
golden potatoes indie sale

>Game Developers Say

bad thread op go kill yourself

this is not what's happening, incel.

uhhhhhhh those people are fucking stupid then

>The deals were great
no? I saw maybe 20 games at most that were for sale over 50%. This sale was fucking dog shit. Which is fitting because the stupid corgi team won.

that makes it hotter

>wasting your time
you literally just click a button a couple times and get 30 free profile levels, I've taken shits longer than the time I 'wasted' in this event

Attached: stoppls.jpg (499x481, 28K)

These devs should understand that if Steam advertised each game equally, then nothing would change in the current system, and playing favorites just isn't in Steam's interests either because these devs would whine too in that case because they're not promoting them specifically. Honestly, this issue is more one based on Steam's success rather than something Steam is actually doing. With so many games on Steam it's impossible for Valve to please absolutely fucking everybody, yet that's what these devs keep demanding. If Epic overtakes Steam in amount of games released on that platform it will only mean that the problem transfers to them instead.

Reminder that games journalists want to take steam down because they refuse to hard censor their consumers, same reason they went after Mordhau.

Attached: 1555747867414.png (4425x2609, 3.75M)

I'd still personally burn indie "devs" alive all the same.

>Some stupid gimmicky event Steam did went bad
>Epic put games on sale without even confirming if the publisher wanted it on sale. Put a game not even released on sale.
I wonder which one of these is worse. One that fucked publishers or one that was a stupid event that did nothing.

This makes me so damn angry. I actually need to lie down

fucking based

Attached: 1552353814022.jpg (2397x1386, 593K)

I don't want any of these shitty games.

no one does, apparently

why so angry

>NOOO I PROMISE MY GAME IS THE NEXT UDNERTALE PAY MEEEEEEEEEEEEE I DESERVE SALES FOR NO EFFORT ON MY PART

>devs say
>who are these devs? what games did they make?
>some literal who shovelware garbage
Every fucking time.

What the fuck is wrong with these people? At what point will these entitled cunts ever be satisfied?

Making money as a woman is just way too easy

I haven't bought a new game in 12 months. 0 during summer sale

Holy shit no gud games anymore.

So in theory, if a bunch of anons made a bunch of shovelware RPG maker games and then did nothing but make blog posts about how amazing Valve is, would they make articles about it?

Depends on how you do it but yes you can flip the conversation around to say how Steam gave you the opportunity to even have a distribution platform in the first place. And acknowledge that at the end of the day, the opportunity to sell your game and compete with everyone else is more than a dev can ask for in this day and age.

>store.steampowered.com/app/242880/Sir_You_Are_Being_Hunted/
Got it in a bundle or something and traded it away