Shitty games you were hyped for

I almost bought this when I was younger. I followed all the dev notes and repeatedly watched promo material. The day it came out my mom couldn’t take me the store, she told me to wait until tomorrow. So I went home and immediately turned on G4 for see the X-Play review on it. It was awful. I then went to GameFAQs for reviews, all negative. I guess I was lucky, but does kinda suck when something you’re so excited for turns out so poorly.

Any related stories?

Attached: 6CB2BC0A-2A94-441D-A4DA-A8B6344B6757.jpg (300x378, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wpsJYFdJnk8
youtu.be/BF0EaH73ee4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If only they fixed the goddamn netcode and AI in that game and gave it an actual campaign with a legitimate story; it would have been better.

All it needed was mod tools so the maps could be fixed

Most of the games issues come back to maps being meat grinders with no way to use light jumps to flank so you just go heavy and piss nades into the choke.

They needed to remove the AI entirely and put in a proper lobby

I platnumed this on games for windows live

Attached: 4L_eE48R2R5.jpg (580x326, 83K)

They only "fixed" the cab/eagle wombo combo in the last update the game got. How nobody noticed during development that these 2 weapons downed everyone in 2-3 hits while others took 20 is a fucking mystery.

I pre-ordered Street Fighter X Tekken

Attached: 1544157236875.jpg (277x250, 16K)

It being sold with DLC means custom maps and a toolkit would have been unlikely, they would rather sell the game and content for it then let people create custom content around it unfortunately. I thought the maps were aesthetically pleasing, and I do remember some of them being very narrow; but not all of them were that bad.

Spore. Returned it for a Refund the same day I bought it. I beat it in just over two hours. Just an empty mess of a game. I told GameStop it wouldn't work on my computer and Store Credit for something else would work just fine with me.

>I beat it in just over two hours
That cant be true. That god damn space segment takes hours to get through

The terminal map had a big circle room with 2 entrances and no cover. Objective was hack the PC in the middle. This was a blood bath.

Nuclear map had another hack point with 1 way in for attackers and 4 for defenders. This was a blood bath.

Missile map had yet another hack point in the middle of an open area with 2 floors looking down on it and 3 enemy spawn point right next to it. Endless grenade/down/revive/grenade/down/revive.

Holy fuck i envy you, I saved up my allowance and was so hype and bought on release. Never have i ever bought a game without watching gameplay ever since.

Duke Nukem Forever collectors edition.
Fuck Gearbox and fuck Randy.

Dragon Age 2. I played through Origins and Awakening twice and I couldn't even finish DA2. Also my friends wanted me to get to play Brink but I never did. A couple weeks later and they both dropped it.

>BRINK
>FUCKING BRINK
God it was such a good premise and when the game worked, it was amazing
This game single handedly stopped me from pre-ordering games ever again. This was back before it was on PC, for anyone unaware.

In Brink's case watching gameplay didn't help because they made the shooting look pretty decent but they carefully avoided how badly the game was structured.

Dragon ball fighterz, need for speed 2015, ghost recon wildlands. Watch dogs 2.

I got burned on this shit. I was really hyped for it because I loved water world / mad max and that sort of aesthetic, and the gameplay looked like some sort of cool hybrid between TF2 and Mirror's Edge.

Instead I got a "campaign" that was just a handful of AI bot multiplayer matches, along with a multiplayer that was both extremely mediocre and was 100% dead soon after anyway. Th-thanks.

Attached: thanks.jpg (369x368, 47K)

>all those fucking parkour trailers
>in reality you can't do any at all because every wall jump will drop you into the middle of the enemy spawn
>that fucking slide point in container city that slides you into security spawn

im still hella mad

>games that scrubs were up for, but you saw the shit storm coming

Attached: dadce0166552f15649e2ab6eba627f49c3e276db4d0e8aa630c16dd53edb7ae4_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.j (639x361, 23K)

Overwatch.
First and last game I will ever buy on day one.

Attached: 1562702817817.png (640x480, 169K)

This will be a long list, and keep in mind some of these I was hyped for before seeing footage:
>gothic 4
>thief 4
>sw:tor
>world of darkness online
>warhammer online
>dark souls 3
>sekiro
>civ 6
>horizon zero dawn
>mgsv
>mass effect 3
>dragon age 2
>pillars 2
I honestly could just keep going.

Attached: 64451880_657898984655972_7815126858322692354_n.jpg (720x900, 22K)

Music was cool though.
youtube.com/watch?v=wpsJYFdJnk8

As far as I'm concerned Brink was when Beth first revealed that they can't make singleplayer games anymore. All the problems with Brink were replicated in Fallout 76, specifically the lack of quests or things to do besides shooting other players.

>but it's a multiplayer FPS, that's the point

Brink was originally going to be an RPG which is what Todd billed it as until release. Only after did people get the game did they realize it was just a mutliplayer FPS with ~30 seconds of cutscenes if you play enough matches. It was shit, even Bioshock 2's tacked on MP was 50 times better since they made the characters matter and each area had context within a larger fight.

It was the last time I was actually, truly hyped for a videogame. And only because I knew Simcity 2013 was going to be shit on release, because EA made did the same shuck-and-jive Todd did with Brink. It's all garbage.

Attached: ca_002_CCity_Landing_Before_v2.jpg (1280x720, 357K)

Even the shooting and gunplay felt so fucking horrible, and like that other user said the parkour aspect was a fucking scam, You gained nothing from playing as a light

Bioshock 1 - Was sold to us as the spiritual successor of "System Shock 2"; Was very far from.

Spore - Sold to us as the end all be all of evolutionary games... Um, no.

Thief 3 - Blue mist loading zones. Climbing gloves. Can't swim. Small levels. All because of adorable consoles.

Cuphead - Great visuals but turned out to be a never-ending series of boss fights. Would've been the first platformer that I had bought in a very long while.

Those are the ones that immediately come to mind. Maybe also 7th Guest 2: 11th Hour but that's an old one.

Bethshit was only publishing Bring.
Splash damage are the ones who fucked up.
They somehow managed it fuck up after wolfenstein enemy territory and quake wars.
They still haven't recovered from that.

The finale to the series bros. Sure it’s not modern day Desmond like we thought, but we’ll finally get to see the ending they’ve planned since 2007. Surely they won’t neuter it to be a yearly cash cow.

Attached: 9BA5D692-27D3-4754-8587-61662CBCCCFC.jpg (460x215, 28K)

When Brink went free on Steam and I got a bunch of Yea Forums posters to play it:

Man it sucked - and the parkour just didn't work right at all.

Also too many niggers for my tastes

The Civs keep getting dumber and dumber. I only bought Civ 5 off of the strength of Civ 4. Not a wise purchase. I'm completely avoiding Civ 6.

Attached: 1562782113654.jpg (800x909, 185K)

Black & White. Years and years of outrageous dev diaries, interviews and general hype bullshit. Got the game at release, played the shit out of it and completely dropped it in a couple of days. Molyneux is the biggest hack in the history of the industry.

Final Fantasy 15
Mass Effect Andromeda
Ninja Gaiden 3
Street Fighter 5
Duke Nukem Forever
Resident Evil 6
RE Operation Raccoon City
The last several Need For Speeds that I havent learned my lesson on not to buy

I bought the collector’s edition of Fable 3 on my Xbox 360

This boring ass game, I did all the quests/collectables/etc dressed up my character the way I wanted, with all possible weapons and never touched it again cause there was fuck all to do at max lvl.
Great artists wasted on shit game designers

Attached: guild-wars-2[1].jpg (1000x563, 90K)

I still blame Todd because Beth could have just told everyone it was another multiplayer deathmatch game. Granted Brink is an amazing concept to waste on it, but I digress. At every point the game at least looked like to have quests or NPC interaction, nope just shooting.

It was a prototype of looter shooters to come.

Attached: bethesda_brink_concept_art_02.jpg (1000x455, 139K)

>>gothic 4

Don't even fucking go there.

AAAAAHHHH
I was so fucking hype. It was almost a decent game but had too much bullshit. I think that even today it could be fixed with one solid fucking patch.

kinda reminds me of fallout 4 a bit too, if Brink had even 1/4th of Fo4's content it still would have been remembered well. And Fo4 itself doesn't have a lot of stuff to do

Attached: im06.jpg (820x462, 57K)

I love Brink. It's me but the gun customisation is cool and being a mobile engineer is great.

my friend bought this game for me along with probably like 10 other people. The only fun part was leveling up and discovering new things, but even that feels shallow because you just run around killing everything in sight and dont have to turn anything in. The world bosses just require 100 people pressing 1 and no coordination. Also, the amount of loot you receive makes everything feel worthless. I honestly believe people play it just to dress up their slutty character and dance.

All of the shills that vouched for this game cus muh story iz like a moovie. Ill never forgot the god awful ai downgrades
youtu.be/BF0EaH73ee4

Dawn of War 3. And it had amazing cinematic reveal trailer. Game was shit.