Attached: dfVG7kO.png (616x806, 563K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8jwFRMbVEpg
steamspy.com/app/790820
steamcharts.com/app/790820
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>50 doubloons
>Basically free

It's a shit game that threw away every single improvement made by its predecessors in favor of catering to the VC equivalent of genwunners.

I'm shocked it's not $20 at this point. That's the only time I'm willing to drop in.

But that's a good thing

Because they're pretending 2 and 3 did not exist. Despite format and story changes, they were actually on the right path with introduction of new classes and shit.

I played the 4th game first and enjoyed it more than 1.

Never touched 2 and 3 so I can't comment on those. But 4 is my favorite

It's too embarrassing animeshit like VC2. VC1 hit a nice tone of military anime without going into cringe territory.

Attached: 15634544324.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

if you look at vc1 objectively scout rushing ruins it and they really really did not account for it

but i want the tank from the collector's edition

Attached: tank.png (600x600, 123K)

Game has had the CE for like 20 bucks for months. It sold like shit.

I could just pirate it but I can't even be assed to play it. It looks about 50 times as cringeworthy as the first was.

>animeshit
>VC1 hit a nice tone of military anime without going into cringe territory.
You never played 1. Unless Selvaria doesn't exist.

Comparatively it absolutely did.

Attached: VC_main casts.jpg (1100x1464, 627K)

Do I need to play the other 3 to get into the series? Can I start with 4?

The mortar overwatch is too imbalanced in VC4.

>30 dollars for an okay is now basically giving away
I just got like 6 whole games on Steam for 30 dollars lmao

Improvements like what?

>Still no Minerva marriage ending route patched into VC4
>Starting this VC4 sale event and marketing on the eve of Fire Emblem: 3 Waifu Houses release

Fuck you too SEGA, fuck blonde shit Riley let us choose someone else as the heroine. Someone has to be sabotaging Valkyria Chronicles sales potential at every step. Competing as an anime strategy game next to Fire Emblem and no waifu ending, are they insane?

Attached: 1555272293096m.jpg (1024x1024, 156K)

Yeah you can just play 4.

Its a good game. I wish it had done better.

Edelweiss best tonk

Ah yes I too don't remember the anime pig with wings. Or the fuck huge Tower of Randgriz that somehow is a giant Valkyria Lance that falls into the Marmotta in exquisite anime fashion or Maximilian going Super Saiyan. Even VC4's Loli Nukes look mature in comparison.

There's no complete edition on PC. And also I heard the localisation was shit.

If those improvements were any good, the series wouldn't have tanked so hard that it needed a "return to roots"

Sorry your military high school game got murked. At least Fire Emblem is going for that now, unabashedly.

I want the hat dog hatman

Attached: not anime.jpg (800x450, 44K)

Attached: bitches love tonks.jpg (1920x1080, 319K)

people really don't remember 1 when they put it on a pedestal I guess.

Compare 1 to 2 and tell me 2 isn't objectively more anime.

>people praise the living shit out out of VC1
>animeshit

I fucking hate Yea Forums recommendations

>edelweiss
I hate the fucking tank. If you're gonna be weak enough to get sniped by a fucking rocket from halfway across the map, you may as well be a fucking scout. The Shamrock was so much better than the Edelweiss at literally everything

>VC is probably going to join JSR, Nights, Skies of Arcadia, etc. in the pile of neglected SEGA IPs now

It's a damn shame since VC4 was the best game in the series so far. At least we're getting Sakura Wars back.

Attached: HOP.gif (200x200, 470K)

>VC1
>not going into cringe territory
>No! Winning using your awesome valkyria powers, even though they make you invulnerable and could be the only way of destroying this fuckhuge dreadnought and ending this war right now is not "true" victory!
Are you sure about that faggot?

Had to change her panties after that.

I just bought VC4 during the steam sale and have played til chapter 5 and it's so far way less weebshit than 1 was. The only obnoxious shit so far has been the ugly redhead commander bitch telling notwelkin she hates him because he's so admired and he needs to harness the power of friendship or whatever dumb nip shit it was, and the fucking GODAWFUL screaming during the flashback sequence. Raz has spent half the game calling out notwelkin on being a faggot anime trope in between being duke nukem lite, though considering the dumb Kai shit I'm sure they'll ruin him and make him a typical friendship and power weeb retard

I dont know about that, user. VC1 is sold really well on Steam, VC4 was released only a year ago and is still selling great. It is sensible to expect a port/remaster of VC2 and 3 to come out soon. I just want a sequel proper, fucking damnit

I saw the collector's edition for $40 at a store near me, i have never played a Valkyria game but i enjoyed the demo of this game, should i buy it?

You weren't comparing it to 2 but 4 though? Come on user.

coincidentally the last part of the game, ergo the rush to the capital, was also the worst part of the game

Go for it. Maybe you'll find something new that you like. Maybe you won't. That's life.

>Sakura Wars
>Ps4 exclusive
>censorship
RIP

>censorship
source?

tfw the story would be so much better if japan didnt have an obession with nuke analogues

Attached: tfw going full retard.jpg (1920x1080, 289K)

It's absolute trash from gameplay perspective. I tried really hard to get into VC because i like the aesthetics but it's fucking braindead. Literally impossible to lose no matter what you do, everything is easy as fuck.

That wasn't me. Keep up.

Its on the Ps4 current year. It will have censorship.

We dropped 2 bombs on their ass and they still mad.

Play the original and become frustrated as it the difficulty spikes into nearly impossible by the end.

so no source? ok

Biggest fuckup in the story, bar none. And in such a good game, no less. What a pity.
Did any of the other games hit a low like this?

>If those improvements were any good, the series wouldn't have tanked so hard that it needed a "return to roots"
>Release it on PSP, a handheld that can be hacked by everyone and their grandma
>Only the second one though, not the third game, fuck the gaijins
>Sega wonders why the game tanked
Everyone at Sega are a bunch of fucking morons

is the dlc worth?

the fuck are you talking about? Alica with awaken potential and a defense order can solo the entire game

>improvements

Attached: Gallian secret tactics.webm (604x340, 2.93M)

>obligatory mascot scene in VC1
holy FUCK it was embarrassing
take it from a weeb who loves trash like nep nep every day

Attached: 1494276155901.jpg (342x342, 50K)

>port the first game to the PC
>sales go beyond all expectations
>dont port any of the other games
Fucking idiots

>Think you can stop me?
youtube.com/watch?v=8jwFRMbVEpg

Attached: 1545433810801.jpg (750x750, 210K)

30 is not "free" you tard.

as long as it has denuvo on pc I will not buy the game even if it was $1.

I'll get it when Denuvo is removed from the PC version. How come Puyo Puyo Tetris and Shining haven't gotten it removed yet?

Reminder the only people who hate VC4 are people who hate fanservice.

VC1 is absolutely busted, but it's kind of enjoyable seeing how hard you can bend the game over and fuck it up.

>It wouldn't be the end of the war... It would be genocide.

BASED fucking nips calling out the genocidal American pigs

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Gabriel DropOut - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_10.32_[2017.062.06_18.18.22].jpg (752x720, 99K)

I loved going through missions with invincible all-powerful Alicia desu

> but it's kind of enjoyable seeing how hard you can bend the game over and fuck it up
This basically defines replay value for VC1, especially in EX and DLC skirmishes. This is also the only reason why games like Fire emblem awakening and fates still maintain relevance-you can play them with full knowledge and utterly ruin the game and laugh as their piddly attacks bounce off your weakest fighters

I hated the annoying tsundere love interest
Kai is best girl and deserved better

Attached: garbage.jpg (1920x1080, 316K)

Didn't even know there was a 2nd one

>genwunners
fiigured a fagot like you who hates anything g1 would also hate the best of valk chronicles, neck yourself energon dipshit.

I would get it if it wasn't turn based cringe

Attached: smile status gone.jpg (1920x1080, 224K)

>it would be genocide
Genocide...of who? What? She's in the middle of a fucking chasm with only the marmota in range, which is full of empire soldiers they'll kill later anyway. Even if she didnt blow herself up, shw could've easily destroyed its engines or something and stopped it before it got to the capital.
Just fucking stupid. That said, with orders, you CAN access her valkyria power so again, what point were they trying to make?

Attached: Welkin order.webm (450x360, 767K)

Attached: jaeger order.webm (640x360, 1.18M)

Attached: gregor order.webm (450x360, 308K)

I could handle the bad anime tropes in the first, but they’re up to 11 in 4. It feels way too hoaky and derivative imo.

Yes.

Attached: B59ET0p.png (872x1455, 1.8M)

Attached: maximilian order.webm (640x360, 602K)

I already bough it.

Attached: selvaria order.webm (640x360, 427K)

Attached: NEW ORDER.webm (856x480, 550K)

>C

Attached: 1551259179194.png (200x171, 59K)

Attached: niggerfaggotsalldieinthisone.png (1484x691, 278K)

>giving away
>30 dollars

Fuck off

It's shit

Kai is a retard who should've gotten the firing squad.

>Official PCMR

Attached: kaiwalk.webm (366x446, 2.91M)

Attached: anime girl on operation overlord.jpg (1920x1080, 330K)

The real weapon of mass destruction

Imagine being the guy who gets Kai pregnant.

Attached: butt.jpg (1920x1080, 384K)

2 doesn't exist because it takes place in the future
1, 3, and 4 all take place simultaneously on different fronts of the war.

Attached: raita lolis.jpg (1920x1080, 415K)

>$30
>giving away
Yeah what about no?
Tell me when it's $20 at least you fucking SEGA shill

>What's your excuse now?
None of the girls seem as good as Alicia

2 was school setting dogshit

Attached: 1546426120088.jpg (1024x576, 56K)

Attached: Big Damn Hero.jpg (1920x1080, 508K)

>complete edition
>it's just the reduced price game + what the DLC normally costs

I am still pretty poor, sure I can pirate a lot of videogames and do so because otherwise I would be incredibly bored.
But not being able to buy them reminds me of being a poorfag.

Attached: sadness.jpg (236x248, 62K)

>weebshit
Hardpass

VC1 has better characters, VC4 is the better game

Those are not lolis

>play in 4k
>Raz gets better stats

nice

wait is this the same art that the artist that draws those nice proportions for that anime can someone post an example?

>the anime pig with wings
Silence you wingless pig! Hans was adorable, his sad moinks made angels cry, touched every heart around it and made people want to hug him, his happy moinks made life worth living and cheered up the gloomiest soul.
I will not let you shittalk him, there are plenty of cast members in that game nobody gave a single shit about for all the right reasons but Hans was not one of them.

Their swimsuits though.

do I start with VC Remastered or VC4?

Either works. There are some references to 1 in 4 but it's nothing major

>basically free

how about free:

Honestly VC4 is just a better VC1.

>art that the artist that draws for that anime

Attached: nyoron.png (268x325, 128K)

My reason is that the Darcsens are represented as too "goody good" and I want to play as the Imperials since besides appointing deranged commandere, the Empire did nothing wrong.

Fuck those dark blue haired nigs. The Valkyrur needed the ragnite and the dark blue haired nigs were hogging it all up.

at least her smile was protected in the end

Regarding VC1:
Which VA language do you like? I'm a massive weeb but I found the English cast to be pretty solid.

Attached: valkyria.jpg (3600x1542, 630K)

Yeesh calm down Rosie.

ebin bait

Yeah I bet VC1fags would play in English alright.

I didnt mind the english vas at all, but I ran the game pretty much with the people I got from the start and never touched the additional troops I was given save for a few select missions.

Amazing

>MMMH... GOTTA LOVE NATURE

weather autism > nature autism

this except the other way around

I would have bought it at launch if it just didn't have fucking DENUVO

REMOVE DENUVO YOU FUCKS.

>No doujin
Selvaria Bles is still best girl.

>WAAAAHHH I CANT PIRATE

>turn-based tactical game
>win condition is literally 'walk to the other side of the map with one guy'

Attached: 1530006739879.png (753x549, 683K)

I didn't realise free was so expensive

It's an OK statue. I want a free-rolling version of the Edelweiss, though.

I honestly can't play it for that reason. Any tactic outside of scout rushing is punished.

they want you to savor the killing

That's my excuse. I ain't paying for 0's and 1's I can download for free.

Attached: 1550407490286.png (377x515, 28K)

Yum yum.

Attached: t3rl92kbmvp11.jpg (4096x2869, 963K)

>he can't beat it without scout rushing

Attached: 1550141803393.jpg (650x494, 48K)

I already played it, I just want another cool artbook.

VC5 when?

Nah, triggers the autist to want to score max rank.

The cat cap will never not be adorable
I mean some maps were pretty much scot rush or dont a-rank, well honestly most were. At least 4 made that a bit more balanced.

>WAAAAAHH I CAN'T READ

Chances are, never.

I already beat it. Minerva is the best girl!!!

Any team can "beat" it but beating a map is not enough, you have to get the max rank. And ONLY way to get max rank on most maps is to scout rush since rank is determined 100% by speed and nothing else. It's simply designed wrong.

VC4 was a sales flop so the series is pretty much done for now.

Genuine question.
How would you guys fix the shitty ranking system?

It's incredibly simple. Ranking system should check for three variables:
>how quickly you beat the map
>how many enemies you killed (max rank requires every enemy to die)
>how much damage you took

>Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the latter than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never.

Have it rely on number of turns, percentage of enemies killed, if the ace was killed and on the percentage of camps captured. It could also be lowered by having your soldiers knocked out/killed.
Essentially, incorporate every aspect of a vc battle possible.

>how many enemies you killed (max rank requires every enemy to die)
That's not a good idea since the IA can spawn enemies

Make her playable.

Attached: 1537104791173.jpg (644x535, 94K)

Faggot quote. You didn't really win unless everybody on the other side is dead.

Then remove that system. I want total annihilation to be the highest form of victory. That's what it is in real life.

I wanted to get this but I was put off by the fact that apparently a large chunk of the cast die in the end without you having any control over it is it as bad as I heard it was?

Nobody is forcing you to get A rank on all missions

Only 2 members die and it's not a big deal

It made me kind of lose my motivation for playing it since the whole point of the perma death mechanic for me was trying my hardest to make sure that everybody got out alive. So if that happens in the story it kind of feels like what's the point in trying to avoid it if it has to happen in the story happens anyway, is it kind of like in 1 where it is only for the big emotional impact or someone who is a traitor anyway? I'd appreciate some more details since the the little sister in 1 almost made me drop the game.

I want DLC for Valkyria Chronicles 4 to be quite honest senpai. One that allows me to execute Kai for being a traitorous cunt, and to tell Riley to go fuck herself because I'm movin in with Minverva. Maybe more DLC to customize the potentials of all the interesting characters who have shit stats for combat.

I honestly agree with both of these. Kai has the finest ass, but she's also a fucking surreptitious snake in the grass. And why is the only member of the four man WWII van who doesn't like Claude? Dumb bitch

Attached: 1562536614769.gif (500x269, 99K)

>make several VC 4 threads over the past couple
>they all archive in seconds
>some dumb faggot basically makes a spam advertisement for a sale of the game like he's some shill and
>158 responses
I HATE ALL OF YOU, FUCK OOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Attached: 1562639581419.jpg (540x542, 88K)

"kill everyone" is almost never the objective in actual battles though

if they want that i play that they NEED to pay me

You have to send two characters on a suicide mission, one of them is a story related character, one of them you pick from the support cast. It's for emotional impact

It's to secure objectives until your position is greater than the enemies and they're forced to retreat. Just make the death count a minimal to prevent you from still scout rushing and stop them from disabling tankies with their grenades (but especially their rifles).

It's a quote from VC4, which refers to the nuking of a capital city full of civilians after both sides already agreed to a ceasefire.

I paid 14.99 for it

$20 DLC

its ok user let it out

What I didnt like was how your rank is based entirely on the number of turns. I scout rushed most missions for A rank and then did it again "properly" utilizing all my units and hunting aces.

Imo it wouldve been better if it was a score system where many factors are taken into account like kills and squad members not getting downed. Maybe even penalize orders that way to encourage players to use them sparingly for a better score.

Hunting aces is a nice way to force you to actually fight. The score system shouldn't be farmable. Just forgiving on the turn limit so you can actually enjoy fighting and not playing it like a puzzle game.

>muh scout rushing
I feel like I played an entirely different game from everyone else.
Maybe I did considering that the PC version was rebalanced from the original PS3 release.

Wait I have a choice? So I can just pick my least favorite of the options? Thanks for the heads up by the way, some other guy told me that about half of the entire cast die near the end so I was really put off, Thanks for clearing things up.

Still has denuvo and dlc still is overpriced.

>PC version was rebalanced
Pretty sure it was the same game, it just ran at twice the speed so intercept fire was twice as strong

I really enjoyed VC1 but the demo for this game didn't really click with me. Is it worth a buy if I enjoyed the first one but haven't played 2 or 3?

You can pick anyone in your team who is not related to the main story. I sent one of the useless lancers

There's the rebalancem od which makes it even harder. Personally the fps interception bug made it feel the best to play. Wish they didn't fix it.

Attached: 60 vs 30.webm (1920x540, 2.13M)

VC4 is straight up a better game than VC1. The characters are not as good but the game itself is better

Uh oh here comes the "Japan did nothing wrong in WW2" internet defense force.

postgame you can bring back dead characters for money anyway

I played it through with the stronger intercept fire and wondered what the fuck people were smoking when they talked about scout rushing

Bought this game during steam sale and havent played it yet, what am i in for? i know literally nothing about this series, not even the genre

I wasn't the biggest fan of the game, but it's a shame it tanked as much as it did.
Pretty much the death knell for this franchise.

VC4 is cringe central.

Valkyries don't even make any sense as a nuke stand-in given that they're used casually on the battlefield and have zero aftereffects. Plus there were literally only two valkyries (at least in 1), Maximillian's artificial version had a ton of obvious downsides.

Hi Yea Forums! I'm also a Valkyria game! Remember meeeeeeeeeeee???

Attached: revolution.jpg (640x640, 109K)

I honestly think that interception fire is a really terrible nonsensical mechanic. Granted you'd have to completely overhaul the game if you removed it.

Turn based tactics in pseudo ww2.
Also cute nuclear weapon children.

Why did you post a blank image?

Does VC1 have Japanese voices on the Switch and do I need to DL a voice pack or something? It looks like I'm unable to change it

What the fuck even was this, anyway?

dude on the left needs to l2p

Amazon was pretty much giving this game away for free for awhile there.
Add-on Video Games are the best, just buy normal everyday essentials, get a video game for a buck.

How I got my copy, someday I'll actually play it.

I bought this day 1 and I've never even touched it, I've been thinking of playing through it to see if it's as bad as everyone says it is.

It's like the only fun mechanic.

It's just to showcase the bug. Now that I think about it, I probably helped them patch it by spreading that comparison. What have I done?

Attached: slut.webm (470x584, 289K)

Call me when it's less than 5€ and I might consider

>The characters are not as good but the game itself is better
>VC4 is cringe central.

this is what worries me. I really liked the characters in VC1 and they don't seem as good in this.

this bitch looks ridiculous

Attached: milkers.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

Is this really that bad?

She got nice tiddies though.

VC3 > VC4 > VC1 > VC2

Fuck VC1only cucks and long live ass and tits. Also Carisa best girl

Attached: 20100113214132cc4.jpg (1018x629, 188K)

What makes VC3 the best in the series? Also is it alright to skip VC2?

They should remake VC3 without all the maps cut up into 10 parts and proper graphics

shit taste

Best plot
Best cast
Best writing
Best gameplay

Attached: VC3_Serge.jpg (2002x6681, 3.45M)

Delusional weebs.

1 > 2 > 3 > 4 literally.

Nice bait.

>VC2 higher than anything
Fucking kill yourself

Most weeaboo bait

>I've been thinking of playing through it to see if it's as bad as everyone says it is.
I wouldnt say it's hugely awful, it's just insanely bland. Nobody would even have talked about it if it wasnt a VC game

4 > 1 > 3

>tfw she only wants you for your money

Attached: 1555537830999.jpg (1024x962, 67K)

4 is better than 1 though.

Is there anyone in 2/3/4 as cute as Ted?

t. virgins with no taste

This is correct.
Had VC4 taken even more from VC3 instead of VC1 it might have been better than 3, but as it currently stands 3 is still the king of the VC series despite being a psp title.

Attached: 60153009_p1.png (794x1123, 391K)

Is that image supposed to support your claims

Yep, mentally ill VC1fags don't count

They're mentally ill.

Glad everyone can agree VC1 is the second worst in the series.

I don't own a console.

Reminder that only VC1 sold decently and there will never be another VC because 4 completely bombed.

Because this nigger ruins it

Attached: VC4_Klaus_Walz.png (608x885, 565K)

You mad Chad got his girl? Dudes based as hell.

got the Plat like 2 days ago, so I'm not touching this game again. I still feel like the first game is better. VC4 has more gameplay options but at the end of the day because the level design is worse you don't even need shit like smoke bombs let alone the overpowered ship commands on an already braindead dead game that forces you to pay for expert skirmishes.

Waiting 4 months for the Complete Edition to be around 30 bucks

too bad the ceasefire didn't happen sooner

Attached: 1561524031544.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

retard

>30fps kid

It's on PC you nigger

The ceasefire only happened, because the Feds breached the imperial capital's defenses. If Claude hadn't sent out Raz at that time and surrendered, the Empire would've kept steamrolling the Federation and wouldn't have any reason to agree to lay down their arms.
Also, VC5: Empire campaign fucking when?

>VC4 was a sales flop
lolwut? Didnt it sell well on steam? I kept seeing it in my recommendations for months

it's not on sale, dumbass

sold like shit

>sold like shit
Sauce on that? VC1 was slow for the first few months as well. Surely the numbers are a lot higher now

It was on sale a few days ago.

Haven't finished the first one yet.

steamspy.com/app/790820
steamcharts.com/app/790820
>VC1 was slow for the first few months as well.
No it wasn't, it sold gangbusters day 1.

>Not on PC
OH NO NO NO PCBROS, WHY ARE WE STILL LOSING??

This, best opinion ITT, VC3 had the best antagonists too, Dahau was a hardass motherfucker

Attached: Please, help him.png (1600x900, 1.24M)

Going through this at the moment. Why are the last few levels just horseshit?

One of them you can lose in turn 1, before ever even having control.

Kino

>dieing
Definitely not.

>that curvy ass signature
do people actually fucking sign like that?