Why is it still called Switch when you can't switch between TV and handheld mode...

Why is it still called Switch when you can't switch between TV and handheld mode? That's pretty fucking retarded if you ask me.

Attached: dims.jpg (1600x969, 203K)

Why is Nintendo just selling a PSP now?

Is this supposed to be an insult?

It's barely any smaller. Why would anyone buy this?

Is $100 really a breaking point for retarded normalfags? Seems too expensive at $199.

>they kept those same ugly sticks

Would have looked so much nicer and slid into things easier with flat sticks

Call it the Switch'nt then

>Switch is a good hybrid
>wish it had permanent controllers so it would feel less flimsy
>wish it had a proper dpad
>Nintendo does exactly that
>removed TV mode
FUCKING WHY YOU RETARDS JUST KEEP IT IN IT WAS ALMOST PERFECT

Attached: 1544153984710.png (484x479, 82K)

Cheaper, longer battery life when handheld.

Some people I know don't use their switch docked (muppets), so this would be good for people looking for an upgrade from the 3DS?

Ok so we need to try this out:
get a usb c cable to hdmi and plug it in. If it comes on the screen they never patched it out.

the thing is, they will not enable this mode in software so it won't work.
But I guarantee, the hardware can do it anyway.
Fuck nintendo.

Because the original console has been around long enough to establish the brand identity.

The original switch was names so that, yes, people would know it was the console you could "switch" between TV and handheld.
Now though, it's been around long enough that when someone me tions "the switch" or "my switch" people think "the Nintendo console".
By calling it the switch lite, even though it doesn't have any actual switching functionality, it's firmly established that this Is the same console that can play the same games as the original model, just a cheaper version with fewer features.

we got to homebrew it man

>Instead of spending 70 to replace your shitty Joycons you are in for a full 200.

Based.

YEAH EXCEPT THE EXPLOITS THAT WERE BEING KEPT SAFE FOR THIS NEW HARDWARE GOT LEAKED BY A FUCKING TRANNY
NEVER EVER NOW FUCKFUCKFUCK

This thing doesn't have Joycons like a regular Switch, it's one single unit.

>if it cums on the screen

Attached: 1551502345523.png (300x300, 71K)

>He thinks Joycons are inside this thing
Man it does take like 2 minutes to look up on the Internet that they arent similar build dingus

200 dollars isn't exactly cheap and you could bring your switch outside anyway (why would you though?) so its absolutely pointless.

>reading comprehension

So Nintenzoomers finally stop calling this underpowered piece of shit a "console."

I’m genuinely surprised this outright doesn’t support docked mode. I would have assumed that a pared down version like this with a lot of the fluff features cut away would still be able to be dropped into a dock (whether an existing one or needing a new smaller one)

Attached: D0CBB846-1099-45BE-8DD7-54AD99A5BD8B.png (672x537, 482K)

>flat sticks
The joycon analogs are great.

It still has the usb plug and two guide-prongs on the bottom. Maybe they’re planning on adding functionality later? I have no idea why they’d keep the prongs otherwise

This, I don't get why they removed tv play, chipset is the same, just make an hdmi dongle to hook it up with the damn tv.... ffs. With tv play it would have been an instant buy from me.

paperclip is dead with this, and the dongle shit won't work out since the usb c port will probably connect to absolutely nothing more than the power regulator inside the console.

the fucking stick will, shit the bed like the cheap one in the joycons you retard.

the damn joystick will be cheap and wilm drift 3 month in.

rip open the damn thing and replace the joystick with slidestick, pretty sure it would easily to mod.

I dunno, I agree with that guy. Using the super flat circle pads reduces the depth of the device, extends stick life since they won't get moved around as much if you throw it in a bag without a case, which some people actually do. Plus the concave design is comfy for longer play periods, to me.

If it supported docked mode literally no one would buy the mainline switch. It doesn't want to steal sales from other, it's just targeting poverty sales from the cheapos that wouldn't drop 300 bucks on the other one.

You can still Switch it on and off.

>Cheaper
*lower build quality

FTFY

Not if in order to play it docked you had to buy a dock that supported the Switch Lite along with an extra set of Joy Con or Pro Controller.

Probably not desu. They cut enough of the misc features (not to mention all the tech that goes into the Joycon mechanism and wireless features). It’s targeted at younger players and will still have to be fairly durable. See: The New 2DS

Any chance of this being backwards compatible with 3ds games? Probably not because money, but since it's clearly meant to take over the 3ds as the new go-to portable console, hmm.

Attached: zyklon cream.jpg (826x767, 63K)