Is anyone else surprised that this gimmicky console is somewhat successful?

Is anyone else surprised that this gimmicky console is somewhat successful?
It would have been so much more powerful if they ditched all the mobile ideas because no one actually plays video games outside of their home.

Attached: Nintendo-Switch-840948.jpg (590x350, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/performance-preview-snapdragon-845-outperforms-the-33424731/
notebookcheck.net/Tegra-X1-Maxwell-GPU-vs-Adreno-640_6152_9446.247598.0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The portability is for playing on your couch or bed retard

it;s successful because of the gimmick, people like to play console-tier games on a portable system.

>switch sales at 40 mil global
>ps4 sales over 100 mil global

Attached: 12512315.jpg (300x241, 63K)

no,it's "nintendo",ofc it sells,even labo sells,the wii u only sold bad because normalfags didnt realise it was different from the wii

The Gamecube didn't sell very well either.

Are you so poor you can't afford a TV in your bedroom?
Then Nintendo should have made their games available for mobile devices instead of developing a mobile console that can't even run them at 720p 30fps.

N64 neither, Wii has been Nintendo's only succesfull home console since SNES. Gameboy and DS kept them alive, Switch now.

>Ps4 sales are just so Juan and Marco can play Fifa
The Ps4 still has no games my dude.

And yet people wonder why Nintendo doesn't make super powerful consoles anymore.

phones wouldn't be able to run these games at all.

Phones can absolutely run Switch games. The problem is that those phones cost 600-800 bucks. A switch is just 300, 200 for the Mini.

So if the Switch had the same lifespan as the PS4 it would have equal or more sales than the PS4?

no, phones cannot run most switch games at all since phones have very poor graphical performance (yes, even poorer than the switch)

The Asus Rog has specs comparable to the Switch dude, it even has a dock to play the games and run interfaces on the PC/TV. Again, the issue is that it costs over 1000 dollars.

I'm sure there are other gaming phones out there that can out perform the Switch, but I'm not that versed in "Gamer phones".

>It would have been so much more powerful if they ditched all the mobile ideas because no one actually plays video games outside of their home.
Factually wrong.

Are you trying to imply that the Gamecube wasn't powerful? Because it was technically more powerful than the PS2.

High end phones actually have pretty similar specs than the switch it really just comes down to thermals.

How's that 400th rehashed Mario game treating you? Same shit different game eh

a phone that most people won't have, I hadn't even heard of it until now. Not even sure if its graphical performance is on par with the switch either.

Nope. Nintendo is basically filling in the niches that both Sony and MS had abandoned. Local play, waggling, handheld, instant 2 player mode, etc. Add in exclusive first party games and it was destined for success.

He's implying it was powerful and despite that power it lost to the weakest (excluding the Dreamcast) of the 6th gen consoles.

Tbh it's kinda cool even if just for Zelda, Mario, Smash, the problem is the price.

Some of us do travel frequently and I like to be able to play on planes and in my hotel rooms.

>no one actually plays video games outside of their home
Kids play them in cars on road trips

Just because nobody gave a shit about the PSVita doesn’t mean there isn’t a market of portability

it's actually much better than it looks, it's suprisingly comfy and the size is just perfect

>The entire gigantic sales of the DS family

>”nobody plays games outside”

if they ditched all the mobile ideas then what's there to differentiate it from the fifaboxes?

I really just genuinely don't understand what the appeal was or how it got so successful. It's a stupid gimmick with terrible hardware and took FOREVER to get a halfway decent library.

People will say it was marketed really well but there was just instant hype for that cringy reveal trailer, I just don't get it. If it at least had a slow start like the 3DS I'd understand but no.

Sure let me just unhook all the cords and move it to the tv in my bedroom every single night, said no one ever.

Also half of it is now you can watch tv while you have switch out of the dock.

user my $300 phone can run gamecube games via dolphin at full speed and the switch can't. if you think it's actually more powerful than modern phones you're delusional. it just feels like it because it has more "real" 3d games made specifically for it.

see above

It's on par with the switch, possibly more powerful based on specs.

And the fact that most people won't have it nor have heard of it is my point, dude. There ARE phones that can technically compete with the switch as far as performance and graphical fidelity. The issue is that they're so expensive, most people won't buy them.

What would you pick; a $1000 phone that has way more applications and stuff, or a $300 Switch that's basically a dedicated gaming device?

Yea, most people would choose a Switch.

because emulation is mostly CPU bound, newer phones can outperform in terms of CPU speeds but not in terms of graphical rendering capabilities (besides maybe but I haven't looked into it); on top of this, emulation on switch hardware and its proprietary OS doesn't have nearly as much development for it as emulation on the android platform.

>newer phones can outperform in terms of CPU speeds but not in terms of graphical rendering capabilities
again you're wrong
gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/performance-preview-snapdragon-845-outperforms-the-33424731/
notebookcheck.net/Tegra-X1-Maxwell-GPU-vs-Adreno-640_6152_9446.247598.0.html
like I said, it just feels more powerful because it has more 3D games made specifically for it, it's actually weaker.

>emulation on switch hardware and its proprietary OS
also no. you can run linux on the switch.

Iwata knee of the coming onions storm and capitalized