It's another "Yahtzee compares a game to Dark Souls" episode

>It's another "Yahtzee compares a game to Dark Souls" episode

Attached: Zero_Punctuation.jpg (1200x675, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qk7DlYcQ0uM
youtube.com/watch?v=tGQeBVyv5hs
youtube.com/watch?v=7XsACXSVhWY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

He will never stop talking about the Souls games because he credits himself for the popularity of the series.

Remember when he compared everything to Silent Hill 2?

Painkiller also seems to crop up every now and then

Who the fuck is this eceleb

its another "E-celeb thread gets 500 replies because stupid newfag idiots don't know how to sage a shit thread" episode

>it's a "Yahtzee plays a game on easy and then claims he likes hard games" episode

>Yathzee creates a hours long lets play series just so he can point and go "look at how good at games I am aren't you the fool, yes yes you are!"

>this motherfucker got a timeout in Sonic Mania because he was "exploring" the stages
>got a timeout
>in a sonic game
>a series made for literal manchildren

Attached: nandayo.jpg (321x378, 33K)

wut
didnt he give a bad review to DeS?
i havent watched a vid of his in years

I timed out in that last level too, tbdesu it's really big

Gotta give him credit for lasting this long where so many others have died, not to mention singlehandedly keeping The Escapist alive.

It actually makes perfect sense to compare all other games to Dark Souls because Dark Souls is the only good video game.

He did, but he then played Dark Souls and liked it. However, he played Dark Souls after it was already popular.

yeah ok,but who "explores" sonic levels,this ain't skyrim or some other open world crap
the only real exploration you can really do is take the high or low route

So did I, I was never into Sonic games, and the timeout mechanic is fucking bullshit. I mean, why can't I explore the huge ass stages and have fun?

It's really easy to do that on the last level its fucking huge. yup, he hated it because he wasn't good, he hates sekiro because he can't Parry and relies on phantoms more than he wants to admit

mania has multiple hidden bonus levels per act if I'm remembering correctly and more than a few hidden areas. it's not quite like StH1+2, and it's even more so than 3 in that regard

It's to put slowcels like you in their rightful place

>not to mention singlehandedly keeping The Escapist alive

I'm surprised that he doesn't own the fucking company at this point. There's literally nothing on the Escapist other than ZP and that place will die very quickly after his departure.

10 minutes is more than enough time,mania is pretty forgiving compared to other sonic games as well,and from what i remember the final level is pretty linear
alright that's a fair point

Attached: smirk.gif (427x320, 674K)

He's a massive casual faggot. Usually the go-to excuse is "but he's focusing on being funny, not a real review", which works until he started making the same fucking points in his Let's Drown Out as legitimate complains.

And he's a MASSIVE casual

I didn't like other Sonic games, either.

>From what I remember the final level is pretty linear
Then you have a shit memory because that's the the problem, it not going to time you out more than once, but it's large enough to hit the timer the first time through for sure.

I've noticed he never actually likes hard games. He likes games that normalfags thinks are hard, but not actually hard games.
TAke him not even understanding fighting games

I miss Gabe

>Take him not even understanding fighting games

He doesn't even make an attempt to understand them.

Which game did he utterly dab on, FGCuck?

He's an actual game developer so his opinion is worth 9000x times than every game journalist and everyone in this thread combined.

t. yahtzee
Stop seething, I even used to like you

>Lets drown out is over

Attached: they dont know how bad it is.jpg (287x287, 18K)

>Fighting games
>Hard
I never understand why you Africian Americans believe this

>I got destroyed at SF and now take my rage out on people online
Oh why didn't you say so
Best LDO ep? I'm going with Papers Please

>Let's drown out
>Gaming Garbage (pedo version)
Why does V never promote actually God tier co op let's plays, I'm sorry but game grumps and best friends play or whatever is just normal fag bullshit

What was the one where they had an autistic argument about what constitutes a game of the year?

Shock TV I think it was called

Smash TV

Gabe was right, also it was smash tv

>U NO LIKE MY SF CLONES U MUST BE YATZEE
You know that the genre has been dying over the past twenty years and is being carried by Smash Ultimate (Which Yatzee doesn't even like), right?

Man you don't even go for the difficult to pull of bantz.

Why does the game you like have to be hard to be good? The only reason I can think of is overcompensation on your part . It's obviously not hard though, or you wouldn't literally sub 100 iqs excelling at it constantly.

>Guilty Gear is an SF clone
>This is the kind of argument people who don't know about fighting games put up
user please stop you're embarrassing yourself
I never said that, yahtzee says it though despite him playing easy mode shit

Gabe was almost always right. I also like the episode where Gabe keeps gushing over nu-Lara.

Literally the only reviewer I still watch

>its another yahtzee mentions dildos thread

Attached: images (4).jpg (268x325, 7K)

Yatzee never even reviewed Guilty Gear, retard

Oh my you're retarded

you seem like a massive poser

>watch the 2011 video
>he complains about Pokemon White being hard

Attached: 1532765337688.jpg (882x439, 90K)

>yahtzee

Attached: 1555913316505.gif (150x150, 1.07M)

I don't like this gif...

>It's too easy, I made a team of 6 pokemon and breezed through it
>This one gym kicked my ass because I made a whole ground team instead of being balanced

>It's another 'Yea Forums gets its feelings hurt by a meme reviewer' episode
did he say something mean about your favorite game, user?

Attached: 1558970151248.jpg (544x491, 34K)

I'm not the one bringing up an irrelevant game to prop up a retarded argument

>You call fighting games SF clones
>I mention Guilty Gear
>You sperg out

His gamedev series is great

DaS is way easier to cheese through and feel clever and competent about.

>you make brainlet tier boogeyman post becuase people have an opinion that doesn't validate yours
>get called out
>you make retarded strawman

hey there, weak-minded morons

Attached: 0ee335ad039399f85a0da0f64c44ff34.jpg (398x567, 36K)

My favourite was Normality, I think that was before they officially called it LDO.

I think DeS is much easier to cheese, given how easy it is to acquire a ludicrous amount of grass.

Do people actually still care about this literal fedora lord?

>You call fighting games SF clones
>I show you why that's retarded
>You chimp out

souls ruined gaming

he can be pretty funny but people take him way too seriously and shitpost on Yea Forums about their hurt feelings

Attached: 1553907156697.jpg (328x328, 19K)

>he credits himself for the popularity of the series.
Nah. He said himself he didn't even review Dark Souls 1 on release because he wasn't interested. Explained it in one of his articles. In his review he even said he only reviewed it because it was so heavily recommended. That's almost the opposite of making it popular; he hopped on the bandwagon.
The only game I know he credits himself for like that is Painkiller, and that was due to the Steam sales of the game skyrocketing after he gave it a glowing review.

Attached: 1554009586950.gif (244x300, 2.66M)

>its another “op sucks an ecelebs cock and posts about it for publicity” episode

You were saying, fagmaster?

Attached: radically different games.png (1280x1294, 1.96M)

sad that you cared enough about this british shit to learn all that

Is Painkiller good?
t. know nothing about FPS
Do you seriously think 2 game having the same perspective makes them clones? That'd be like saying Dangun Feveron and Daioujou are clones because they're top down, but I doubt you even know what those games are

>someone gives out misinformation
>give correct info
>wow, what's wrong with you?

>Is Painkiller good?
it's fun. think serious sam with a gothic aesthetic.

>HURR THIS FIRE BALL SPAM GAEM IZ NOTHIN LIEK THIS OTHER FIREBALL SPAM GAEM

>It’s another “Yahtzee does nothing but shit on a game and his fan base defends it by going DURR ITS A JOKE”

>Fireball spam
Oh why didn't you just say "I don't know anything about fighting games, but I would love for Yea Forums to enlighten me. I understand everyone can't know anything and as such I won't post anything embarrassing that can easily be refuted due to my lack of knowledge"

Thats funny because he hated DeS and only got into DaS after it was blowing up

He got shat on by DeS because he thought it was too hard to get through but started dickriding the souls series after everybody and their mother said Dark Souls was the best game ever and it was worth going through. So now he just dickrides the fuck out of it and says how he loves it

The dude's show is 5 minutes every week and has been going consistently for over a decade. It's not some major time commitment to watch it.
>Is Painkiller good?
Haven't played it myself but I've never heard anything but good things about it.
The review in question - youtube.com/watch?v=qk7DlYcQ0uM

Attached: 1560428592047.gif (366x245, 224K)

>whats wrong with you?
you have eceleb viral disease known as e-aids, its from sucking off youtube faggots, the only treatment option currently known is to quarantine you back to youtube comment section.

>HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Attached: FGCucks BTFO eternally.png (4992x4064, 1.52M)

I love my wife nuko, at least she can read unlike chito

>Zero Punctuation is 12 years old

Attached: 1551819216660.png (1661x922, 1.92M)

Attached: 1513548932264.jpg (800x600, 68K)

Reminder to stop watching Yahtzee and keep watching based Gabriel over at keepetclassy

youtube.com/watch?v=tGQeBVyv5hs

It really hasnt. Remember that time he said MGS4 was too easy when he was fucking playing on easy mode? Dropped his useless ass there. What is the value of reviews like that?

Oh I glad you asked, "What exactly makes these two games I posted different despite their superficial differences, please tell me"
The top image is a game called Marvel vs Capcom and the bottom is Street Fighter 2
MVC is much more combo heavy and uses a system called assists, leading to a very very fast paced game with a lot of blowups
Street Fighter 2 is heavily based on spacing and punishes, even moreso than fighters are usually. SF is very grounded, where MVC is quite aerial
Really just watching gameplay of the two will show you the difference.
If you have any more questions about FGs I'm glad to help

tried, but they know too little of games between them so wasn't as fun

>It really hasnt.
What was this in response to in that post?

I can't remember it, a bit like James Sunderland didn't remember about killing his wife. So maybe it did happen?

>The top image is a game called Marvel vs Capcom
HAH! It's not marvel vs capcom, it's Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3! Fraud E X P O S E D!

Yahtzee gets shit flat out wrong a lot of the time and then complains about it

Also if you want to know why his opinion doesn’t matter, here’s his new vegas review

youtube.com/watch?v=7XsACXSVhWY

yahtzee is definitely closet gay, he is obsessed with cock jokes

>It’s a “Yahtzee doesn’t beat the tutorial of the game but still writes a full review of it and when called out on his dishonesty and scrubbiness he claims that his channel is primarily for entertainment and comedy, completely destroying his credibility in all of his reviews instead of just the one where he acted like a little bitch just to save face” episode

I fucking love MH3U

Oh god oh fuck all my credibility

I unironically thought he was gay for gabe when i started watching. If you told me they were in a relationship i would've believed you at the time.

So you don't even discuss people, you just quote them hoping the smarts will rub off.

I thought about one of his complaints, about how the game loads each mission. I thought about a version of MH that has every single objective and monster, it'd be a clusterfuck to say the least

Just watched it; what was factually wrong about it? I didn't notice any claims about the facts of the game that he got wrong.
I've only played F:NV twice though.

A lot of people took umbrage in his summary of New Vegas as "basically Fallout 3 again".

Umbrage that I agree with, liking both for ultimately entirely different reasons. It's like comparing Arcanum to Icewind Dale because they look similar.

Fair, but his reasoning for saying they felt similar was
>same engine
>same controls
>same uncanny valley with NPC interaction
>lots of bugs/crashes
All of which is true.

That it has been consistently good. Shit went downhill.

Ah. That makes sense.
But I actually said "has been going consistently" for over a decade. Not that it was always good. The show has never taken an extended break.

Attached: 1562602781739.png (338x327, 169K)

No Gabe was not right. There is no "objective" game of the year. GOTY only has subjective meaning; what YOUR Game of the Year was.

He goes into a high-level area despite every npc in the starting town warning you that it’s dangerous

He drinks soda and gets dehydrated because he doesn’t know fucking soda dehydrates you

He makes a complaint that's something like
>Oh so the bar tells you how much you have, not how much you need, that's confusing

>Infamous 2 review
>complains about the karma system because "being evil isn't fun unless it's breaking the rules"
>Fallout 4 review
>complains that there's no karma system because "being evil isn't fun unless the game acknowledges it"

Attached: 1212678282205.jpg (235x274, 22K)

I've been watching his videos for years, sometimes he says something retarded or shits on a game I like or praises a game I hate, but I don't get mad because I'm not a little bitch who's insecure about what he likes

Attached: 1110664201994.jpg (449x642, 104K)

It's up

How are those incompatible. He wants the game to whine over him being bad. Not accept it or be apathetic.

Half of this thread is anons (very likely Nintendo shills) making shit up about him. The rest is off topic

Today's episode was about Judgement though and he didn't once mention difficulty or Dark Souls.

It was evidentantly enough of an issue that Sega patched in an option to turn it off.

>it's a Yahtzee shits all over DeS but later pretends he's a Souls fanboy
bald asshole

He mainly bitched about the Ferris Wheel fight with N.

>it's yahtzee misunderstands or makes a mistake and blames the game for it, never admitting defeat, and shits all over it

>He didn't like a game but liked it's sequel that fixed design issues

Never happened anywhere else ever.

>fixed design issues
More like dumbed down the game so retards like you and your mom can play it too

Nah man, there's heaps of ultra lefty shit on there, like that fat neckbeard who hates fun movies but had an aneurysm when critics panned godzilla, and iirc the lead editor is an ugly bloke who wears makeup and dresses, and larps as a lady.
I got banned from their comments section for calling him out when he wrote some bullshit about the witcher being 'problematic' for not including any faggots even though there's a fag huntsman, and some lesbomancers.
So yeah, without zp, escapist will just become another kotaku or polygon

>it's another zoomers care about some e-celebs opinions episode

It's another boomer shits on zoomers to soothe the dull pain of his irrelevance episode

>let me namedrop some nip shovelware to auto-win this argument

That was Smash TV
Also in a bit of Final Fight

Yeah I thought you didn't know what those games were

Was that opinion pre-approved by your twitch-mommy?
Maybe if you donate enough money to her she'll say your name on stream!

Attached: 1558509628835.jpg (750x558, 37K)

The man knows what he likes and isn't an idiot that feels every game has to be mollified.

This cunt hasn't been relevant for like 6 years

one is a shmup and the other looks like bullet hell

they are the same game and your argument still doesnt hold water

This post has to be bait

He reviews video games, also he jas made a handful of games himself. I need found them quite enjoyable

>and plays like absolute trash, failing to understand mechanics or come up with solutions other than repeating a basic function for hours on end

Go to bed, Yahtzee, you're a dummy.

My favorite was Gabe's fighting games where they mostly talked about British comedy shows.

>that Oregon Trail episode where they couldn't figure out how to move while hunting so they would just try to shoot animals as they ran by

And it happened after the game showed them the controls screen, which Yahtzee immediately closed, saying "don't patronize me, game."

So how much is the escapist milking him

Attached: English cash cow.jpg (1232x228, 114K)

Best LDOs are probably Smash TV for the infamous GOTY argument and Final Fight for the first instance of that argument and rage over having to record twice because the battt died.

Honorable mention to Thief for being the Gamergate episode. And the best Let's Play is Operation Stealth.

As much as they can. He's literally the only thing keeping them above water.

>Hey Gabe what did you have for lunch yesterday?
>Wwwwwell that depends what you mean by lunch. Again, it's this thing where we define meals based on the time of day that we eat them and like, if you want to do it that way that's fine, I'm not saying it's objectively bad, but I'm not- I don't engage in the behavior

Moviebobs a complete retard and i think his "game overthinker" series got axed, they're hauling someone new in. Pretty sure the lead editor also got axed recently. It's not like they're going to change though it's basically the same as every other site and i stopped paying attention once they rehired movieblob

At the same time, I feel like Yahtzee is in such a deep hole of complacency that he probably wouldn't know how to run his own site or channel to stay afloat.

>And the best Let's Play is Operation Stealth
Oh come on, nothing can beat Normality.

I don't think so. He ran LDO without Escapist. He published books without Escapist. He makes his games without Escapist. And anyway if he left he'd probably just get scooped up by some other site to do ZP for them instead.

>Yahtzee loses it over "Booty Booty Bum Bum"

Was that the booby booby bum bum one?
If so then yes, absolutely.

boobie boobie bum bum

"strong minds form their own opinions and points, weak minds just quote other people to make them look smart." - me

No he couldn't because The Escapist owns the brand.

He has run his own website for a while now and has written several books and done several games. But perhaps you're right, that's why the option exist to pay someone else to do it
>Final Fight for the first instance of that argument
What argument? The only ones I remember is the one in that kissing game and Super mario one.

"In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence"

>"strong minds form their own opinions and points, weak minds just quote other people to make them look smart." - me
-user

And fucking nobody knows about LDO. His books were published by Dark Horse Comics who did all the PR and shit. Yahtzee couldn't possibly do that kind of work himself. He can't even run his twitter to any capacity other than make announcements because he's too scared he'll say something dumb and people will make fun of him.

>What argument?
The GOTY argument occurred more than once.

>"You see, I'm cool because I'm dignified" - Yahtzee
>15 second later Yahtzee's dying of laughter because Gabe said "boobie-boobie-bum-bum"
That was a glorious moment.

>made games
Link?

Who cares, if it helped popularize the series that's a good thing. It deserves it. If not then no difference anyways.

Attached: Gwynevyre.jpg (850x818, 142K)

He's currently doing Dev diary. Also, he has a series of LPs of his own games on his personal YT channel, as part of LDO.

Let remind ourselfs that he fell for fakeout credits in kid icarus: uprising

>dick fart shit ass balls cock
i remember when i was 14

Attached: 1538350360654.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Because the mods only let the more popular youtubers get threads for some reason. I'd rather have them ban all the youtuber shit, good and bad, but here we are.

He made a series of horror point and click adventures, a roguelite based on cthulhu kind of horror, some kinda infinite runner where you collect hats (never checked it out, don't know specifics), and now he's doing some devlog for something.

He's done a series of point-and-clicks called The Chzo Series, stealth platformer Trillby's Notes, metroidvania Poacher, and a 2d roguelike The Consuming Shadow. Mind you, they're all ugly as sin and clunky as fuck to play. The Consuming Shadow is pretty much the most competent he made in terms of mechanics, and it's still like Darkest Dungeon's retarded cousin.

I liked The Art of Theft.

Pretty sure he's been doing this shit since the early 2000's.

Bargain bin version of Gunpoint

It has shitty level design and wire cutting is a fucking retarded idea.

I stopped watching this british faggot in like 2008. You should do the same OP.

Gabe was gold. Their series was proper comfy viewing in general

>Chulip

>smash ultimate
>not mk11

Didn't he get filtered by fucking great jaggi of all things?

It was free so that's understandable. Thanks for the suggestion though.

He got filtered by a lot of things. He was filtered by 1-2 in Demon's Souls, and he didn't even got to the boss, he just died to dragon and dogs. Even with Dark Souls he was initially filtered by Taurus demon and only finally got through the game after he watched some Let's Play that explained everything about the game.

>Gabe leaves to do something
>Yahtzee gets nervous and can't think of anything to say