Why do people hate Vaan so much? He wasn't that bad

Why do people hate Vaan so much? He wasn't that bad.

Attached: DFF2015_Vaan.png (333x813, 451K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vSyfGm6wXgs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Less annoying than that whiney bitch Tidus.
I think people just hate him because he was an obvious insert-character with little connection to the plot.

No, but he was stealing the spotlight from more interesting characters in a story that was already lacking in plot material, namely cutscenes and dialogue towards the beginning.

He was supposed to be an impoverished streetrat yet dressed more wealthy than everyone else in Rabanastre.

you could remove him and the story wouldn't even change much

What is a pool boy doing in my fantasy game?

I haven't finished the game and he was already annoying because i couldn't take his motivations seriously. Why is he following the princess and why does Bash allow these two hoodlums to follow them around ?
These sort of things need to be more solid in a good story.

Given his complete lack of relevance with the story, I feel like 12 should've just had a character creator with your character just kinda hanging out with the actual plot relevant characters (bit like in WKC)

I don't hate him but him and Penelo are completely inconsequential characters. Rasler and Vaan should have been brothers and Vaan should have been out on the streets because he couldn't prove his claim to the throne. Penelo's general character as being an orphan who works for Miguelo would have been fine but maybe being a childhood friend of Larsa or something would have worked better.

It's a weird game, honestly. A lot of the plot comes out of left field.

look at his faggy outfit ffs

Should've just made Reks the main character.

IM BASCH FON ROSENBURG OF DALMASCA

he's fine just boring and literally just tags along and does nothing for the plot. same with penelo. they could have kept him and penelo the same if they just added some story for them, although this is final fantasy after all where characters constantly get forgotten after their little part in the story (Barret, vincent, zell, quistis, irvine, selphie, freya, kimahri, wakka, lulu, most of the cast of VI)

vaan is neither among the best or worst FF characters. he's right there in the middle not doing anything of note

They're fucking jealous

Attached: _20190526_120615.jpg (1184x709, 205K)

Would be pretty sweet. An idealistic young knight betrayed his hero (Basch). Kept as a political puppet by the Empire. Would he side with Vossler's scheme or stand by Basch, the man he still doesn't completely trust? There's potential there but he's just bumped off and use as motivation for Vaan.

He changes it later.

God damn user it's been forever since I thought of that video
youtube.com/watch?v=vSyfGm6wXgs

Basch feels he owes it to Reks, which is why he keeps Vaan around. Aside from giving Vaan a bit of motivation that gets resolved, Penelo serves no purpose
Vaan has some relevance, he mainly serves to keep Ashe grounded and as a example for her to move past revenge

He was a complete non-character. Definitely the least memorable of all FF protagonist. I'd even consider Ashe was more the protag than this irrelevant prick.

Fair enough that makes sense. Turbo mode really wrecks the game though, it's a cheat.

I believe Penelo and Ashe speak only once during the entire game to each other. And its a single line not even a conversation.

Reminder that Vaan was literally shoehorned in by the PR department because Basch wasn't considered marketable enough.