Have you ever bought a game for someone? If not, explain yourselves

Have you ever bought a game for someone? If not, explain yourselves.

Attached: 1556795405507.jpg (769x697, 59K)

I often buy games for others when I get paid.

I also bought my friend and his wife PS4’s and Xbox’s.

I have no friends, that’s it

3 copies of Bad Rats and 1 copy of Vermintide 2

Yeah, I bought Tekken 7 for my mate. Probably a mistake, since he's only played around 15 hours. Not a good idea to gift people fighting games unless they actually like the genre.

and 1 copy of Portal 2 for that achievement, I forgot

WTF IS THAT THING

>having money
>having a job

Attached: 1562579398296.gif (220x217, 22K)

Good luck Umaru-chan!

When I had a disposable income I'd buy 4 packs of games during Steam sales, back when trading threads weren't filled with Humble Bundle jews. I'd also gift cheap games to people during Christmas threads on Yea Forums.
I'm pretty sure I just did that in the vain hope of being liked by somebody. My money isn't so disposable anymore but I wouldn't do it again if it was.

Dinner

Attached: 1475747292077.jpg (1200x675, 560K)

get into the van hotarun

Bought Horizon zero dawn for a ps4 owner's birthday. You will not trust me but said person refused it and we're not friend anymore

>said person refused it
Why?

That’s what you get for buying them a shit game.

I don't have friends to orbit

YOUR RUN'S UP NEXT YOU GOTTA GOOOOOO

Hundreds, but generally only when heavily discounted

It was a girl and we coudn't meet the exact day so I brought her some day before when we were hanging out, but she had no space in her bag for this piece of shit game

Yeah, last Christmas I bought some cheap games from my steam friends' wishlists. Hardly comparable to what I've been given:
>random girl messages me out of the blue on a forum
>we exchange messages for a while
>she acts tsundere and says she'll delete her account
>I wish her luck and give her a link to my steam if she wants to chat
>"haaaa~? you got the wrong impression here I don't want to talk to you again"
>few days later she sends me a friend request on steam
>we chat daily for a month and she tries to get me to like the things she does
>she ends up buying me a New Nintendo 3DS XL + Pokemon Y
>I understand this is so we can play together
>things arrive from Amazon, felt let early christmas
>I log in to chat with her but she tells me her debt is settled
>this was a payment for me interacting with her all this time
>deletes me
>haven't heard anything from her in 3 years
Now I'm very careful with gifting things to others because of these.

>girl
Ok kill yourself then.

Imagine thinking that was a girl.

Imagine thinking that post is even real KEK

Couldn't she just carry the thing with her hands or something? What a lame excuse she had.

Attached: 1559516435547.jpg (203x254, 10K)

She sent me pictures, so I'm relatively confident.
>Imagine thinking that post is even real
I wish it wasn't. I'm still at a loss for words about the event. All that time I thought I was having fun and becoming friends with someone and they thought they felt the need to "pay" me for talking to them. I was very hurt and insulted, and never finished Pokemon Y, nor have use the handheld in a while. I've thought of selling it several times, but it just feels wrong to sell something I was gifted, even with such a contemptuous reason behind it.

I share this every now and then in some probably misguided (if not delusional) hope she'll read it, feel bad, and give me the answers I feel I deserve.

Not only it was a lame excuse, but she seemed embarassed when I showed her the game, and asked me why this game. (she knew I browse Yea Forums and the constant shitposting between it and Botw, maybe she was thinking I was trolling her by gifting this game. But she didn't own a switch so... )

I doubt you even reverse searched them.

In the very low chance this is even real, she he is just a loser with low self confidence, that's why they'd "pay" you.

>grrrl buys you thing
Fake and gay.

Of course I reverse search them. One of them was a recent picture in some city she had to be at, had a date metadata.
>just a loser with low self confidence, that's why they'd "pay" you
So? It's still hurtful and makes me not want to gift people I haven't know for years things and wary of e-socializing. I was never mean to her or anything, I just don't understand.
Why? You think women never buy things for men? You don't have a mom or sister that you have seen gift things to others? Are you some hermit living in the wild where their only human interaction is Yea Forums?

No. Women only demand and receive, get showered with things. The opposite is as rare as a sane /pol/ack.

I buy Labo kits to build with my __gf__ in case we ever have a quiet day. Surprisingly fun

No, I don't buy videogames.

>The SO buys me dinner, treats me to days out, and buys me clothes/shoes
>Occasionally I return the favour, but because she earns a bit more, she treats me 90% of the time so that I can "save up"
Find yourself a proper woman, user, one with a decent upbringing. They're hardly rare

Bought Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls for my gf last year with the money I was gonna use to buy it myself, she gets jealous when I’m ahead of her in stuff we both like.

Dude, I'm by no means a social person and I quite dislike leaving my apartment, but you have been poisoned by echo chambers into believing women dislike giving. How do you rationalize women doing social work then?
That seems little excessive, on the other hand, but I guess neither here nor there.

I gifted 3 people E.Y.E.
We played it once

Attached: 1539829505421.jpg (378x378, 47K)

When I end up finding a game I like alot I'll buy 3-8 copies and just give them out slowly over time.
So far done it with stardew valley, Forza horizon 4, factorio, and meh games like voxel turf, streets of rogue, and frozen synapse.

I only make $40k/yr but my expenses are very low

You should push for you to play more often. Months ago an e-cquaintance gifted me killing zone iirc so we could play with another guy. The other guy vanished and deleted us both some time later. We never played again. I had no motivation to play it on my own, but if the gifter asked, I'd be up for it, but he never has again.

to be fair you should have expected this, EYE is hardly the kind of game you want to play for prolonged periods of time
I definitely never finished it especially since there is no cloud storing so I have to go through the grueling and fucking annoying as shit prologue all the time fuck that shit not even worth it for some weird eurojank

>How do you rationalize women doing social work then?
Because it raises their social value? It gives them the holy princess saving the poor points and positive attention to increase their status.

i bought KH3 for my little sister

Attached: Literally_me.jpg (1480x1080, 277K)

But they are still giving. Have you consider that women could gift things in exchange for psychological or social benefits? I'm not saying they do, just that it's a way you could interpret it in order to accept the reality that they do.

Yes! Sanctum 2 and it's DLCs and dungeon defenders which we played together.

Attached: smolb.jpg (1000x1000, 105K)

bought C&C:RA3 to play with my friend after he bought me master gundam

For my sister and a few real life friends, yeah.
But I can't buy stuff for a lot of my internet friends thanks to Steam's region-locking. I live in the third world and can't send gifts to people because of the regional pricing, even though I'd be willing to pay a higher price to send games to people living in places where they're more expensive.

I just gifted my pal muse dash because he wanted it and he underwent surgery yesterday.

Play games with 2 of my closest friends. One of them is super cheap so doesn't buy anything. Bought him Overwatch, still playing it today. Good investment

I bought a game for a tranny

Attached: 1562701986663.png (894x773, 48K)

Yes, Street Fighter V for a friend, it was his birthday

Attached: 1557489757825.jpg (774x1032, 121K)