Are you excited for The Legend of Zelda: Soul of the Wild (2020)?

Are you excited for The Legend of Zelda: Soul of the Wild (2020)?

Attached: s.jpg (488x488, 59K)

Is that even a fucking question? I just hope its gonna go for a majoras mask creepy instead of a twilight princess "lol so edgy" type shit

Yes. We already know its going to be amazing.

they'd scar 2/3rds of their fanbase doing that
majora's mask beats most modern horror games

I'm excited to criticize the new game unfairly while praising Breath of the Wild for things I'm criticizing it of right now.

More enemy variety pls. I want darknut

Twilight princess was my first game i guess i must have been around 7 at the time and even then i knew that game was trying waaaaay to hard to be creepy. That one fucking cutscene with the upside down girls is trying to force a T rating. Majoras mask on the other hand fucked me up bigtime tho that was mostly to ben drowned

You make me feel fucking old

no shame in having good taste

Yes, am buying Switch in December. Zelda is new friend. Pokemon is no longer friend.

t. asexual black male

Attached: asexuality+awareness+week+one.png (467x286, 54K)

Im close to finishing lets go pikachu and its fun the only problem is it so fucking easy. Blaine was the only trainer that gave me trouble just because i relied on a dummy overleveled venasaur for most of the fights

I dont own switch

Nice Larping user, now spam the rest of your Ace memes

get one faggot its a great console but you might wanna get an sd card tho

Dumb nigger

Sucks to be you

Is switch even good?

nah it sucks ass

Its my favorite console ive ever owned

what games are on it aside from zelda and mario obviously.

Also why is it your favorite?

You're delusional if you think it's coming out next year.

>lets go pikachu and eevee
>mario kart
>shovel knight and other indie games
>crash nsane trilogy
>phoenix wright
>mega man
need i go on?

Not that user, but the novelty of being able to play current gen games portable is pretty cool. It's why I have a laptop that can run current gen games without melting my lap.

Very much so. I just finished Breath of the Wild a week and a half ago, and while it has flaws, if those are touched up upon, which the trailer seems to imply at least some are, then I'm really looking forward to it

Your average Zelda player

Hey it took 4 years to make botw and most of that was probably spent on the engine so idk they could make it come out christmas next year. I mean itll probably have alot of the same weapons, enemies, etc. obviously theyll add more but this new zelda game shouldnt take as long as the last one

You’ve met a terrible faith haven’t you?

i grew up in a really christain household like we couldnt watch fuckin avatar so when i finally got my 3ds when i was 10 i got yt (which i didnt know existed until this point) and watched alot of zelda stuff. one day this ben drowned thing shows up in my recomened so im like "whats this?" and thats how i have an unreasonable fear of statues

The fact I’ll stop playing my PC, 3DS and PS4 in the middle of a game just to reach for my Switch is why I prefer it over anything else.

piss off ghost

I was seriously disappointed by BotW and dropped it halfway through, but I'm willing to give the sequel the benefit of the doubt until I know more.

Contrarian faggot. A creepypasta that wasn’t intentional by Nintendo is what sold you on the creepy aspect?

While there’s nothing that will top MM in terms of its creepy aspect, the darker theme was very refreshing in Twilight Princess and was just what the series needed. It has the most soulful plot out of all the Zelda games and the Interloper scene meshes well with the timeline.

After MM, TP is the second best Zelda game.

Is BOTW boring as fuck for anyone else? You just sort of walk around for hours doing nothing, then you find something to do, realize you can't do it yet because you need to grind spirit orbs, then continue walking around doing nothing.

oh so were just ignoring windwaker?

>then you find something to do, realize you can't do it yet because you need to grind spirit orbs,
???

In terms of darker themes? I wouldn’t say so. Although impaling Dorf through the skull came out of left field. I think it was a game with more mystique than horror.

It’s still a game with a solid atmosphere and aesthetic. I could definitely replay both WW and TP and fully enjoy them.

He's talking about the Master Sword

I still like tp its a fun game and the extra moves are pretty cool but in mm you have this depressing atmosphere you can talk to people and have them talk about how scared they are because they are scared because they know they are going to die. The anju and kafi quest is an amazing story and is a microcosm of the rest of the game. Im not pretending like tp doesnt have these but if you look at tp there really arent alot of dynamic characters. tp is a great game and the story is actually pretty good but overall if you look at mm and tp side by side youll see how majoras mask was this incredibly dark game packaged in a family friendly shell. I think thats one reason why its so creepy it rode off the hype of oot and fans returning from oot realized that this game was more profound in many ways (Sorry for the wall of text btw)

>2020
That game is 3-5 years away though.

How was TP even remotely edgy though? If anything, TP is more stuck in-between darkness and light, which is pretty fitting for the title. MM on the other hand is a very grimdark and intimate game.

>BotW
>soul

BoTW is a prime example for what a soulless game is.

It’s the only console on the market, everything else is an outdated "computer."

Breath of the Wild is the most soulful open-world games ever made.

OH NONONONONONO

Attached: Screenshot_20190611-234555_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 756K)

They are using the engine and some assets from Breath of the Wild. Why would it take as long as BotW did? And the Cadence of Hyrule/Link's Awakening leaker said it would be out in 2020.
this

You literally turn into a wolf in this game and the dialouge is so cheesy it makes mario seem like a masterpeice in terms of plot

They drew lots of inspiration from fucking Skyrim and the final product for BotW was still great. Who cares? They should be taking inspiration from Gone Home's lessons on how not to make a good game.

Nah, that's DD.

You need to learn what edgy means, you idiot.

>It’s the only handheld on the market
ftfy
Portability is literally the only redeeming feature that justifies its existence.

I mean, there was definitely some Western movie influence in a certain segment of Twilight Princess and people loved it.

I thought we were having a civil fucking conversation but i guess not.
btw you idiot? thats the best you can do?

to have soul it would need and actually story and an actual soundtrack. Not an empty ass world with copy pasted enemies and shrines lmao.

Fucking this

This. BOTW makes it extremely obvious that the world came first and everything else second. The world's design has soul, but everything else, from combat to the copy paste shrines and korok seeds, is soulless. Even the divine beasts are a huge letdown.