Why is this considered the most overrated game of all time?

Why is this considered the most overrated game of all time?

Attached: E0991457-D79D-4F21-B0AC-D4156ECC680D.jpg (249x353, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/p5it-pAYmKY
youtube.com/watch?v=Cupo63T_Bcs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its not
It gets so much hate now

So? people still routinely shit on it for being overrated. It’s 94 metascore will never go away

Because it’s an unfinished shooting gallery with no atmosphere.
The core gameplay isn’t bad, it just lost everything Bioshock was supposed to be about. Just watch the early dev videos and see how much better the game looks.

its*
fucking idiot
it's = it is
its = possessive
and that's the way it's

That’s not Super Metroid

It's a western made game. If it was Japanese they would still be singing its praises.

Prove me wrong.

Its a huge step down from already casualized games and a very disappointing entry. Alot of the game was scrapped during development and what you are left with lacks substance. The game is mainly praised for its atmosphere and story, but the story has many plotholes and doesnt make much sense because the creator didnt understand quantum mechanics. I liked the atmosphere and new setting, but other than that it doesnt have much going on. The gameplay was very underwhelming and the game is nothing like the demo. youtu.be/p5it-pAYmKY

Nintendo has made the most overrated games

I have proven you wrong

7pbp

>It’s 94 metascore
imagine caring about review aggregator sites that base all their reviews on video game journalists who don't even like video games. these numbers only have power because you let them have it.

Imagine listening to faggots like you lol

I can't wait until you call us all sheep too

I would say the opposite. Decent atmosphere at times but shit gameplay in comparison to other bioshock games. The enemies felt extra bullet spong-ey.

This is not BOTW you falseflagging cutie

imagine listening to reviewers who plagiarize reviews because they don't even play the game their reviewing. imagine listeninng to reviewers who were too dumb to get past the cuphead tutorial. video game journalism is worthless.

Because Yea Forums can't handle popular things.

Infinite is a prime example of great cinematic FPS entertainment with interesting and fluid mechanics, an interesting game world, story and atmosphere.
Overall its just great entertainment.

Also, Burial at Sea Ep2 is the best Bioshock game to date.

Matthewmatosis heemed it to the shadow realm

Cope, why does Nintendo cause so much autistic crying & desperate contrarianism whenever any non-Nintendo game is mentioned? This never happens on any other place on the internet, is it just some discord group spamming the same shit everytime?

>reviews don't matter if I dont like them
You keep biting your own tail.

>interesting and fluid mechanics
Boring abilities compared to 1
>interesting game world
not really
>story
full of plotholes
>atmosphere
inferior to 1

It's a good game if you have never played a first person story-driven game before and concidentally have never read a book in your fucking life

If you're underage, sure, you might think that

So is your opinion.

The Witcher 3
The Last of Us
Super Mario Odyssey

True, but the weapons and abilities felt punchier and the skyline grind mechanic was kind of fun for a bit until you realized how utterly butchered it was compared to the early builds.

because it's really, really bad
but it was also praised to hell and back

i never played this but always thought the setting looked cool. will probably get it now

It almost exclusively gets hate on Yea Forums. It's definitely highly overrated.

Why is Yea Forumss collective opinions so garbage?

Is it?
I'd say Half-Life 2 holds that title, though as far as I'm concerned not justifiably.

B:I was a massive dissapointment mainly because of the absolutely unreasonable hype it somehow managed to get, and due to highly positive critical reception that completely managed to disconnect with the actual audience experience.
I found it completely unremarkable and not in the slightest surprising, because unlike most people, I already realized how much full of shit Levine is back with original Bioshock. I got my dissappointment out of my system with that game, and by the time B:I came out, I already had very low expectations.

This. Half-life 2 is fucking boring shit.

Ocarina of Time fags are still in denial.

It really isn't, but it seems that popular consensus around here is that it is highly overrated, regardless of its actual qualities.

Name one good thing about it. The story and gameplay are straight up shit. The only thing it had going for it at it's release was the physics engine. The first game was 100 times more enjoyable.

Rent free, not even Yea Forums itself considers OOT overrated. They literally named it the GOAT this year

the story and gameplay

It’s not about what you contrarian faggots think it’s what the mass public thinks, and the consensus among journalists & normalfags is that this alongside COD, GTA & FF7 is arguably the most overrated game ever

>Mass public

I've never once met a person who has talked about half-life 2

Well there's your proof then.

it's worse than the original

Half-Life 1 is unironically boring shit. 2 is really fun and has very tight level design and great atmosphere.

It’s never appeared on a single overrated games list, it will never be considered overrated & no amount of blind contrarianism can change thay

The story is very good actually, has a good flow and never really interupts the gameplay: characters are memorable, it has some pretty clever ideas and absolutely fantastic world-building, generally some of the best art direction ever seen in a shooter.
The gameplay is extremely varied, constantly switching pace and introducing new mechanics all the way up till the very end. More importantly, it introduces great and interesting setpieces without ever feeling like it's taking the agency away from the player. It really is exceptionally well designed.
Enemy and encounter variety is good too. Level desing is pretty damn fantastic. Weapons are varied and generally feel like they all have an interesting quirk or gimmick to them.
The atmosphere is still hardly match by other games of the similar genre.

The biggest weakess the game has is the actual gunplay itself, which feels a lot less satisfying than it should be - some of the weapons are flat-out underpowered. The A.I. is also pretty weak and could stand a lot of improvements. The fact that it is extremely advanced in execution does not change the fact that it does not work in actual aplication.
Also, while the pacing is for the most part very good, there is a couple of segments that are highly questionable. Namely Underground Railroad and water hazard. But again if you consider just how often the gameplay switches up and how varied it is, it's not surprising that there have to be some weaker links.

It really is a master-class on design, otherwise, and the art direction, atmosphere and settings really do not have competition, even today.

Where was the fun in 2? I must have missed that part.

idk where you expect to have a conversation here. You say it's not fun I and everyone else say it is. Not much to say

>I've never once met a person who has talked about half-life 2
How fucking underage are you then?

That's a given considering the original is excellent

So if it has all these good points then why is it so boring to play? It's the Bladerunner of videogames, you have to force yourself to like it

> Topic about a Computer FPS game
> Half of the comments are crying about Nintendo games
This picture becomes more relevant after all these years

Attached: F3744E1E-4EAF-46CE-8417-72615C7B6662.jpg (800x372, 79K)

I'm 37

Are you 12? Also, you are really, really not fucking helping it by the bladerunner claim. It just proves that you are, indeed, an ADHD child with absolutely zero fucking taste.

Sort of, however vigors felt like shittier versions of plasmids. Wasn't a fan of the sound design too.
Yeah, skylines were useless except for a few specific encounters.

half life 2 may be overrated but it's still a hell of a lot better than bioshock infinite

So you have no point other than insulting my age. I think we are done here considering you can't prove me wrong.

>half life 2 may be overrated but it's still a hell of a lot better than bioshock infinite
Sure. Hence the "as far as I am concerned, NOT justifiably". I genuinely believe that HL2 is largely dismissed for all the wrong reasons and that it is, in fact, a very, very good game.
But what I think does not really change the general consensus now, does it?

Yeah dude children think nintendo is overrated... your logic is so flipped it's clear you're insecure about owning a nintendo console as an adult

I just made a major list of things the game did well, you fucking brat. Your "counter" was "NU UH". You do not get to say shit like this. Do you have ANY self awareness what so ever?

>bioshock creator
>Ken Levine
>makes videogame inspired by the works of Ayn Rand
>youtube.com/watch?v=Cupo63T_Bcs

btw infinite's story doesn't make sense

Okay, I believe you, it's overrated. You don't have to keep making the case for it's massive following.

because the gameplay is irredeemable trash while the game gets praised non-stop for unrelated shit

You made a list but it's full of shit, you're just lying to yourself that it's good to fit in.

And your argument for that is what?
You see, again: you don't get to say to others they lack arguments when once again, your own argumentation boils down to "nu-hu, shit nu-UH!"
Do you not fucking realize this? Again? Do you not have the notion of self-awareness?

>Where was the fun in 2?

Dicking around with zombies in Ravenholm was fun for 5 to 10 minutes, after that you have seen everything that can be done with them and it becomes a boring slog through billion boring zombies supported by quadrillion even more boring headcrabs. So the answer to your question is; first 10 minutes of Ravenholm during your first playthrough.

Overrated is a meaningless buzzword that contrarians use to fit in, the only time it has any meaning is when people write a paragraph as to why they think it’s a fundamentally flawed game. Like all journalists do. OOT has been living rent free in the minds of contrarians for decades & there’s never been a single argument for it not being a masterpiece that wasn’t parroted from EgoRaptor

Atmosphere is the only thing it was good at. The location is amazing.

>force yourself to like anything

If you're not intrigued by the material and yet try to force yourself to like it and then are still surprised you still don't like it, that's your dumbass fucking inbred mind at work, not the material people made.

>Overrated is a meaningless buzzword
No it's not, even the most bland trite garbage gets rated above 7 nowgays.

>muh buzzwords

Find a different word to describe them please, because you're just a contrarian using buzzwords

You already said the gunplay, you know, the actual gameplay part? Is shit. So you know you're lying to yourself to enjoy it.

(not same user)
I only felt the atmosphere at the start during the intro and chasedown, after that not really.
At times i forgot i was fighting on a floating city and not in a normal road

The original had a layer of "horror" to it that made me feel more immersed.

Name one thing OoT does better than every other 3D Zelda.
And don't say "being the first one".

The fact that you can switch between 2 separate versions of the map bringing different types of enemies and gameplay and needing to travel between the two to get things done in the past in order for it to affect the future

I admit that the gunplay is comparatively weak, with some weapons in particular, yes. Quite a few of the weapons are great, the encounter design is fantastic, and again, the game CONSTANTLY switches gameplay modes, to a point where you spend nearly half the time doing other fun shit than just shooting pistol and submachine gun.
I love how deluded you are however, Literally the only possibility for you is that other people must be LYING. Because, of course, you dipshit are the sole person in the world that can tell good from bad.
Did you know that you are genuinely mentally ill?

>Quite a few of the weapons are great, the encounter design is fantastic, and again, the game CONSTANTLY switches gameplay modes, to a point where you spend nearly half the time doing other fun shit than just shooting pistol and submachine gun
what did he mean by this

Enjoy your boring ass boat section lmao

>what did he mean by this
Did you not play the game? Do you not remember sand traps, assault on Nova Prospect, Ravenholm, the gunship fights and strider fights, that fucking bridge, the final assault with over-charged grav-gun?

Did you people seriously not play the game.

I am really not sure what you even think you'll achieve here, kid.

i played this game like 4 months ago and barely remember any of that, it is really bland and forgettable.
Was this your first FPS?

No, my first FPS was Wolfenstein 3D. Do you have an actual memory fucking fault somehow? Or ADHD?

i remember shooting and fighting from the floating rails and jumping to the grappling hooks.
that's the only real feature i can remember, all the other parts are really just nothing new.

Maybe a stupid plot twist but BS 1 was equally stupid.
My beef with this game is fighting the same boss over and over again and Elizabeth's broken powers that make me wonder why don't I play as her?

>Namely Underground Railroad and water hazard.
Not talking about infinite.

Because it's garbage

Half Life 2