What is a single player game I can really invest myself into and sink deep into?

What is a single player game I can really invest myself into and sink deep into?

Attached: ioyrw46snw3b47xldhhho7dhy66gfibe_hq.jpg (1024x576, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=94068.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if you want a game with a lot of grinding and depth, look into disgaea 5.

Attached: bl1.jpg (300x168, 22K)

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
Fallout 4

Attached: Rodd.png (809x829, 1018K)

Masturbation

Imagine thinking that Disgaea games have any depth lmao

Am I the only person who remembers crime edgy?

Don't worry that's just Rodd

Nice try Todd.

Attached: FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKk.png (300x309, 13K)

No, I was just thinking if that was where the OP image was from

That is not Todd, that is our new intern Rodd.

Attached: pete.jpg (480x300, 22K)

Attached: cdda.png (800x641, 9K)

Breath of the Wild

Elona+

Is he a paid intern?

You can really sink your vagina onto my cock

HAHA got her now she is my wife

Haha no.
He is just here for his College work. He doesn't get any form of financial compensation for being here.

Attached: petehines.jpg (1920x1080, 129K)

That anime was good, really sad that it didnt get that second season

FF14. Despite being an MMO, it’s like fucking 70% single player and has a decent story that eventually turns out really fucking good. You can do better for sure though, but that’s my suggestion.

OP here. Been playing FFXIV, have 2 tanks at 80 fully geared with 440 and 450 weapons. Want a break now for some single player game. Literally been poop socking the game since early access.

Ah, okay. Maybe I should take his suggestions to heart then hmmm. Fallout 4 you say? Is it as good as the gem Fallout 76?

The show was bad but at least the OP is kinda good I guess.

Any game with lots of mods. FreeSpace 2, Neverwinter Nights, and Doom are three of my favorites.

Even better!
Imagine Fallout 76, but offline and fewer bugs.
You also get to have mods using the Creation Club!

Attached: John Smith.jpg (398x384, 16K)

Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Attached: Chaosbane-June4-Share9gjs.jpg (1000x500, 131K)

>tfw discord drama killed my favourite nwn server

Attached: 1544900097422.png (333x504, 44K)

Elona

Attached: 1548150420066.jpg (840x525, 234K)

Divinity original sin 2

are they still making stuff for freespace 2?

Just looking at my own steam hours I can recommend:
Factorio
Terraria
Rabi-Ribi
Don't Starve

Subnautica

How long does it take to get into factario?

10 hours? It's really not that complicated game. But it's addicting as fuck.

Yes. Quite a lot of stuff, actually. How long has it been since you played it?

Tons of it. Not just campaigns, either, but lots of new ships, and even some total conversions like Wing Commander Saga, Wings of Dawn, and Diaspora. The Star Wars TC is supposed to be close to release as well.

This thing makes it easy to download and install mods:
hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=94068.0

X3: Albion Prelude, if you feel like building a space corporation at a sluggish pace

Why not x4? It's better in every way.

I find X4 being too barren and different, and my pc can only barely play it. Those who haven't played the series yet might like the game though.

Borderlands without using a save editor

>What is a single player game I can really invest myself into and sink deep into?
Pathologic 2.
It's a game that requires an investment. It requires patience, interest, curiosity, attention.
But it returns all of that in fucking spades.

Alternatively, if you want something more gameplay-focused, you can never go wrong with Factorio. One of the most addictive and fun, easy-to-pick-up-hard-to-master SP games ever made.

Attached: Culture_Pathologic2.jpg (1500x1125, 210K)

It has depth if you think growing a hundred different numbers really big is deep.

Kenshi
>really shitty webm does not do game justice sorry

Attached: Earthcam 1 15 3019.webm (854x480, 2.02M)

>How long does it take to get into factario?
Factorio has a very interesting learning curve. It's quite easy to get into, but the learning curve just does not fucking end. You'll learn by incremental improvements, so you won't even notice most of the time, but every ten or so hours, you'll discover the complexity of the game effectively doubles. It's rarely overwhelming (there are like two or three progression steps that will, at first, get you stumped), but most of the time the learning curve is incredibly smooth.
It's where the DANGEROUSLY addictive nature of the game hides.

cunny

now that you mention it i remember, but i didn't eve recognize it from the OP

Slay the Spire

You can have 1000 hours into this game and still make mistakes

Never heard of it, but those graphics look so bad for 2013. What makes the game great?

Void Bastards
It's a great game if you take the time to have fun and enjoy all the mechanics. It's very interesting and engaging with one of the main focuses being risk vs. reward.

Pillars of eternity 2

Kingdom Come. Piss away hours just hunting in the kings wood.

I'm just going to meme on you instead of trying to justify (largely to myself) why I've been playing the same game for 9/10ths of my free time for the last week.
It has soul.
>post-apoc squad-based sword and crossbow fantasy rpg with no direction that can be easy or brutal depending on how adventurously you play
I lost ~15 guys to a slaver raid the other day and I just rescued the only survivor (who had been a slave for about a month of gametime). I now have a total of 5 guys from around 22 three days ago. To be fair, four of the five are mid to high tier, now. I don't think I have another webm and my laptop is low on battery so I won't make one.

Attached: IMAG0029.jpg (3264x1840, 1.34M)

Any games with asexual protagonists?

Attached: tumblr_okm1yfFdIr1r26h0co1_1280.png (1280x1920, 772K)

It's not really that great, it's just yet another empty open world barely-functional RPG made of spaghetti code except this one has Fallout 4 basebuilding and plays like baby's first RTS
It just appeals to weebs because muh katanas

I hate weebshit and I'm the one shilling it
dunno about babbys first rts because I have no idea what that entails unless you're getting at starcraft apm and "balance" or factorio math homework being high tier rts, which is hilarious
fuck the weebshit, though
fucking gay ass nips
you're a faggot for even bringing it up

>empty open world barely-functional RPG made of spaghetti code except this one has Fallout 4 basebuilding
accurate, tho

Animal Crossing

A Hat in Time.

Attached: 1530049516_Hat_Kid.jpg (982x982, 353K)

That image is some intense fucking cope for someone who's demonstrably mentally ill.
Best of luck in your quest, though.

Waiting on that new switch one boiiiii

It plays like baby's first RTS because you have next to no agency in combat besides click to move, click to attack
You can't even attack-move so if you send your heavily armored deathtank across to another town and they get harrassed by bandits they could easily wipe the floor with they'll just continue to run like an idiot while getting smacked repeatedly and since there's no audio for when that happens you have to constantly babysit your HUD to see if something's flashing meaning if someone's moving outside of your town you have to put everyone else on something passive so you can switch to your runner
There's nothing in combat besides autoattacking so combat turns into "let your dudes sit there and swing if they're tough" or cheesing the shit out of the long-ass attack animations by basic kiting
I could kill shit way above my level because the AI is as dumb as it gets just by rightclicking away from them and shooting them with the fastest crossbow and the NPCs just chase after me and let it happen

Path of exile

I have a sneaking suspicion that you are replying to yourself.

Attached: 1480452226398.png (480x377, 85K)

Grim Dawn

Dragon Age.

Played the shit out of grim dawn, and both expacs.

fair enough
although you could have another deathtank bodyguard the first one and it'll solve that specific problem
also the pope declared crossbows to be sinful to use against other christians so you could just pretend that everyone you fight is a good christian enemy and not use the crossbows to be more fair (although you can just gangbang the enemies instead, if you micro everything incessantly, the same cheese applies about 90% of the time)

Binding of Isaac

persona games
ff12

Is FF12 pretty good? I heard it was shit when it first came out. Compared to the other games in the series how long is it?

Ha! Nice try user, now remove your post. Or else!

Attached: 1495385151818.jpg (338x358, 25K)

Not long at all. You get the hang of it really quickly. Being GOOD at it, now that's a different story.
Pic related is my first factory, not counting the rudimentary tutorial factory.

Attached: the old spaghetti factory.jpg (2560x1440, 1.91M)

>although you could have another deathtank bodyguard the first one and it'll solve that specific problem
So I have to waste manpower because the game lacks a feature that's been in RTS games for literal decades?
>also the pope declared crossbows to be sinful to use against other christians so you could just pretend that everyone you fight is a good christian enemy and not use the crossbows to be more fair (although you can just gangbang the enemies instead, if you micro everything incessantly, the same cheese applies about 90% of the time)
>dude just gimp yourself so the game isn't as shit
I'll just play games that aren't shit, thanks

new god of war.

There's enough unique sidekick dialogue such that you will never hear a repeat until a bit into the end game content. Feels comfy

Only have a pc and switch unfortunately.

divinity original sin 2 then, has the comfy feeling, and is difficult enough such that you will be stimulated into using terrain, combos etc

Dwarf Fortress is a popular option
Personally I really enjoy AI War. It is basically endlessly replayable with it's many expansions (I don't know how far along the sequel is tho)

Attached: 1560448078863.jpg (187x133, 7K)

While it's not actually single player, it might as well be an online only single player game, and that's Runescape.
Either RS3 or OSRS, both have a ton of content especially if you play as an ironman.

Elona

Attached: 1426273898925.jpg (528x800, 246K)

Maybe the Divinity Original Sin games. Story isn't exactly deep but the atmosphere sucked me in

did they remove the piss yet ?

There are still NVN servers?

Use Elona+ Custom-G. It's Elona+ with some tweaks (customisable) and no piss.

piss?

Attached: morrowind.0.jpg (1200x800, 186K)

elona is developed by otakus with scat fetish

fucking disgusting

SOMA
Subnautica

yeah, if you are retarded, boring after like 20 hours desu

The entire legend of heroes series. You'll spend 500+ hours if you want 100% on every game and talk to everyone about everything. It was a good distraction from real life.

Yea Forums says this about literally everything, don'T believe him.

As much depth as any JRPG can have, to be fair. It is indeed feature-heavy, something rare for a tactical JRPG.

Depends on what you enjoy user.
For instance i enjoy action RPGs with a good story.
Been enjoying yakuza 0 and yakuza kiwami, they can both be some what lengthy if you explore.

Kiwami is boring because 90% of it is recycled from Zero.

user listen to me I have some suggestions for you.
Dwarf Fortress (ask /dfg/)
Minecraft (old version preferred)
Bloodborne (for about 60+hrs unless you intend to do the chalices which can increase game time by 1400hrs as shown by me)
Battle for Wesnoth (with various add-ons)
Terraria (without mods at first)
Rubber Ninjas
Borderlands 2
Dead Island 1, & to a lesser extent, 2 (atmospheric, they somehow hold a place in my heart I can't shake)
Final Fantasy X
Subnautica
SOMA is a good game but unless they added a procedural generation terrain thing you're only going to get 20+hrs out of it.

Attached: 1561635463150.jpg (2048x1712, 541K)

>Final Fantasy X
It's a 40 hour JRPG. It doesn't take that much time

Yes. I gave my first 4 as actual 1000+ hr games and left the rest as 30+ hr mini timesinks

Dragons dogma. Keep it online for pawns though.

Stop trying to run from your problems.

>Crusader Kings 2
>Any Civ game
>Rimworld

Those are the ones I usually jump to for replayability and sink tonnes of hours into.

Well, it depends on what the OP means by "really invest myself into and sink deep into".

OP if you have autism, play any famous shmup and try to have the best score in the top 10. 1K hours right here

Still fun tho

Yeah, "invest time into" for me means 40+he's on a new game that I crank out in a wk.
I've found that I never go into a game looking to invest hrs into it deeply.
Although some of my suggestions such as Dwarf Fortress, Minecraft, Terraria, Battle For Wesnoth, Bloodborne and Factorio are very very much 1000+ hr games you can play.
Although Bloodborne and sometimes Minecraft / Terraria are multiplayer but Dwarf Fortress is the be-all-end-all for the amount of time you can invest.

I never cared for ff12's weird pseudo MMO combat. I never finished it so I don't know how long it is.

literature
sports
taking up arts, sculpture, pottery, painting, etc
going outside and living new experiences

cringe

have sex.

dilate

I remember its bad anime sales killed the manga

Attached: 1560363462020.png (615x614, 520K)