If I bought the complete edition would I have to grinds hours upon hours before touching any of the stuff in this...

If I bought the complete edition would I have to grinds hours upon hours before touching any of the stuff in this expansion? If so, would it be worth it just to get the starter edition until I level up?

Attached: Shadowbringers-890x606.jpg (890x606, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU
youtube.com/watch?v=gm17vgmh854
youtube.com/watch?v=9ZEtyODeiCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oHwTVFSrwlU
youtube.com/watch?v=iW7b8Mo_SFU
youtube.com/watch?v=CcHjxOKN0Pk
youtu.be/TEZJIarhIQk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

Either is fine. Yes, you will have to grind up for at least 80 to 100 hours of gameplay before you can reach the Shadowbringers content

Would be smarter to get the starter edition unless you know you'll for sure like it enough to reach endgame. Since there is no saving money buying to bundle, you lose nothing testing the waters.

Can a dark knight go back and do all the 1-60 A Realm Reborn content?

Attached: janny.jpg (1920x1080, 159K)

I'm at 100 hours and I'm still on a trial

Yes. Kind of? They start at level 30 but you'll have to play the story up until you unlock them at around level 50ish.

You need to get to Heavensward and unlock Dark Knight, which starts at level 30, so you can't do ARR story quests, at least until NG+ gets added, but you're going to be running ARR dungeons regardless

So I reached level 70 with all my roulettes exhusted. How the hell am I supposed to get to 71 now?! well level 80 neet fags? What the HELL am I supposed to do now?!!!

Attached: 1511878205512.jpg (720x720, 77K)

>people who want to skip content to play content

Attached: 0708_164743.jpg (1920x1080, 271K)

start leveling another job

Attached: 1561006285139.jpg (1080x1080, 67K)

Just run Abania or HoH.

Attached: 1558827299095.png (368x686, 360K)

summoner is SO close to being a good well designed class but it has some of the most baffling fucking design decisions possible
Why is enkindle bahamut/phoenix not on the same button as normal enkindle?
Why can't deathflare autocast at the end of dreadwyrm trance like MCH summons can auto cast their cooldown?
Why does the second part of the firebird trance combo replace outburst and not Ruin 2?
Why did we need an aoe energy drain to clutter up our bars more?
Why does aetherflow even still fucking exist now that it has absolutely no ties to the rest of the kit?
Why do we have to manage so many fucking stacks of egi assaults?

Do sidequests, queue for the highest dungion you can, and do fates while you wait for the pop

So I bought the starter. Is there anything in Heavensward or Stormbringer that I'm missing out on?

Summoner has an aoe drain while scholar couldnt keep a single target one? Ow

What is the CD on Formidable and Archaeotania? I feel like Archaeotania never spawns but Formidable has been up like 3 times today.

He's easily looking at 300-400 hours m8

FINALLY it is done. Dancer barding and Here I come.

Attached: ffxiv_07102019_015236_894.png (706x407, 435K)

Just play the free trail, see if you like it.
But never try to 'Grind' its more an RPG then a MMO and should be played as such. People who claim that the endgame is the be all and end all are retarded.
Same goes for boosting

more people do the fates for formidible than archeo since tempest is practically an 80 only zone

You're not goung to feel involved with shadowbringers story buddy. You're going to skip hundreds of hours of world building just to play with the latest toy, then wonder what you were missing since you didn't get it

Attached: 1562616183695.png (670x680, 725K)

>500/500
God. How many gems did you waste? It sickens me that you likely didn't buy many hq mats to sell

Shouldn't be too much the case since Formidable needs to do 78-79 fates.

I just remember "machinery graveyard" in dwarf zone. It is in Komra. This is weird quest you can find in Tonka. It doesn't have + mark but clearly + quest with cutscene.

Was he a cuck twice?
Or was Yda and Lyse both adopted?

Attached: gfgsdfgsdfg.png (1410x834, 1.58M)

It took me roughly 70 hours just to complete the A Realm Reborn content.

word of advice, if you're new and you're not playing in one of the prefered servers you're going to kill yourself, the exp boost is way too high to ignore if you plan on level more than one class to 70.

It is because people are cockblocked at 79 for gulg and innocence, so they fate farm there or do dwarf quests, then run gulg, and are already mostly to 80

NQ mats sell faster, even with the DoH changes HQ is still not required for most crafts

>Cleared titania ex for the first time 20 minutes ago
>Got a weapon for my main job

Is there a better feeling

Failing Tit Ex for several days but then getting your weapon on your first clear

Might not get to know that feel bro. I'm too scared to join a pf don't want to be known as a low dpser

>when tranny memes are not actually memes
Apperently I was playing with one for years, if they kept their private life for so long maybe it will be fine?

>tfw no option to say yes on becoming the next fairy king

Attached: IMG_20190710_091108.jpg (2052x2024, 416K)

>Can't use a parser cause i'm on PS4
>Some guy tells me I did 11.4k on Titania on monk

It's something I guess

>WoWfugee wants to play the latest content
>Buys skip
>Who is this? Where are we? What are these quests lmao fuck this

Doesnt best waifu say that she will gladly pass you the position should you ever want it?

It sucks major ass that you have to play certain msq with other players. I want to continue the story now but no one is playing at current hours.

I already bought all riding maps, minions, and music. The only thing I have left is bardings and I don't craft so I don't care about mats. Final music rolls are selling for 1mil+ anyways.

I just did Titania on my 2nd group, and got the weapon it/first clear. Honestly though it doesn't feel good because it just felt like I was just memorizing dance steps or lyrics rather then making skill-ful progress. This reminds me of when I did Titan (hard) during 2.0.

>watching some JP videos
>Innocence
>they drop tethers in one spot
Is this really effective for pugs? Or risky?

Practice on Stone Sea Sky in Eulmore till you can do it right

Ha. That reminds me that I wrote a cheat sheet of his rotation in Titan Hard back in ARR on a postit and stuck it to the side of my monitor.

Well, I have cleared it, but with 0:01 remaining. I'm sure everyone has a much better clear time.

risky as fuck for NA/EU retards

>80% through Brayflox and the warrior finally learns to use AE agro
thank christ

Can they remove Sam already? Every SAM I have the misfortune of running with is always doing piss poor damage. Shit weapon type, shit players, and typically shit looking gear.

Attached: disgusting.jpg (997x768, 92K)

Well if you beat it then thats good ENOUGH. Join a practice and learn the mechanics. You should know your buttons. Just need to smooth out I guess or better equipment. Unless you place dancer cause then your always nothing but a low dps buff bitch

user it took me roughly 90 hours just to get to Heavensward and I was mainly focusing on the msq

this except literally every DPS class

I quit during 2.0 because they banned half my LP for being too rich in a blanket ban (we were a crafting/gathering/marketing LP so we had a few people with very large pockets). They took away the bans but never gave back the gil.

I came back during late Stormblood and did all content other then extremes and ultimates. Since there's jackshit to do at the end currently, thought I would try an extreme for once and was left greatly dissappointed. Do I think these fights suck? No, but for myself, step-by-step memorization is a borefest.

This except MNK and MCH.

They must not know how to play it. Even before you get your level 76 moves you can apply a plus 50% damage modifier to this 800 damage move you get simply by doing your combos for a whopping 1200 potency move really easily, people doing bad damage as Sam are not utilizing their combo potential.

Huh, really? Then everyone else must be megashit. I've topped scored a majority of the things I've run as SAM this expansion.

I think everyone did this

>sam

Is there any job that could possibly match the DPS of Samurai? Let alone surpass its parse. And I'm not talking about a Samurai with both Shifu (Mind of the Samurai) and Jinpu (Rush of Battle), boosting attack damage and speed by 12%. I'm not talking about Samurai with Hissatsu (Hidden Technique): Kaiten (Turn the Heavens) boosted Midare Setsugekka (Chaos Slash— Snow, Moon, Flowers) either, and this skill is only usable by one who has mastered the peerless concentration of the warrior's state of mind, doing a total of 1080 potency. Hell, I'm not even talking about a combo using Hissatsu: Kaiten boosted Higanbana (Mourning Flowers), placing a DoT of 3510 potency, using Meikyo Shisui (Standing Water, Perfect Mirror Reflection) to instantly deliver a Kaiten boosted Midare Setsugekka and finishing with Hissatsu: Guren (Crimson Lotus), dealing a total of nearly 5400 potency in the space of a couple of seconds.
No, I'm talking about Samurai possessing the secret technique Hissatsu: Senei (Thousand Blades), a more powerful version of Hissatsu: Guren that does 1250 potency to a single foe, and who has mastered Tsubame-gaeshi, the technique of the REGEND Sasaki Koijiro, enabling him to perform Kaeshi (Reversal) forms of his most powerful abilities, which allows him to unleash his ultimate combo of Kaiten: Higanbana, followed by Hissatsu: Senei in the space between his next move Kaiten: Midare Setsugekka, and finally Tsubame-Gaeshi unleashes Kaeshi: Midare Setsugekka dealing 1200 immediately. Samurai has just done 7040 POTENCY in the LITERAL BLINK of an EYE.

He doesn’t know what he’s talking about SAM is a top dps easily

What's the MCH hate for?

GNB is kind of boring to be honest. I'm 78 so I basically have its full kit and while it does seem fairly active, everything is so simple and straightforward that there's really nothing to it. I honestly feel more challenged playing DRK.

Why is Gunbreaker so fucking smooth at 80?

Attached: 1474164959814.png (576x432, 203K)

Thanks for this shitposting I needed something like this.

It's boring visually and boring to play, has always been.

lol

Is there a minimum MP cost for Despair? I realize it also takes "All" MP but Flare also requires a certain amount.

I'm not saying SAM can't pump out good numbers chief. I'm saying they clearly attract the worst shitters this game has to offer.

lol

I think it's more 300 hours to get into ShB and only if you hurry.

All the FFXIV jobs are easy user. Fucking hell, most of the tanks are very similar at this point with the latest changes. It's easy enough to put most of the abilities in the same spots.

Just say you have more fun playing DRK then trying to convince yourself that its any harder.

Explain how DRK is harder to play than GNB

Because it was made for level 80. Same thing with Samurai, was perfectly smooth at 70. I think it's quite good at 80, too, but 70 had a bit more flow to it with hagakure.

I’m having fun with it. Was getting bored of WAR because they made it completely brain dead essentialy

I have always liked their look and playing them in every expac. We are pretty different people.

i feel like i spend a lot of my time just waiting for no mercy to come around so i can press buttons again
maybe i just like the meter management tanks more than the cd ones because i don't really care for pld either

Combos don't break.
Entering a No Mercy Gnashing Fang combo with surpluss ammo? Use Gnashing and Continuation, then use Sonic Break and Bow Shock, Burst Strike into Bloodfest, then continue with Savage Claw to finish the ammo combo.

>Air anchor
>bio blaster
>giga drill breaker
>flamethrower
>Retard jedi flips just with 1, 2, 3
>boring visually

I know doing Hades with 7 new people would be easier is I explained some mechanics but watching 4 people die to the falling plates every time is too funny to not let happen

whats the easiest tank to play, thinking of leveling one.

for some reason people think they're meteors you have to stand under. I don't get it, I thought the flames under it was a clear sign not to stand there

PLD or WAR.

How's BRD doing right now? Haven't heard anyone praising or complaining the job in 5.0 but I've also only run into maybe 2 bards in current content

I bought the expansions upto stormblood but I don’t think I’ve gotten past the real reborn stuff.

I’m lvl 22. And I’ve been playing for a few weeks.

Warrior is stupid easy right now.

>Learning blm, having fun just casting and doing big numbers, perfecting rotation
>Try a dungeon out
>Juggling mechanics and having to move is fucking me up
>Have all these tools that I keep forgetting to use
>15 seconds is a short hell

When does it get better bros

The trick is get the trial, get as far as you can and get every class you like to 30 then buy the game and have a head start of a few dozen hours

The SAM fears the DRG

I'm not a wowfugee and I'm just looking to spend time with some of my friends who are into the game. How retarded is it to play the game without much interest in the story and be more interested in the gameplay/social aspect?

Attached: 1531380509362.png (832x868, 371K)

But the story is the best part.

When you get triplecast.

How fun is GNB?
I'm levelling as DRG right now but really enjoy tanking, so I'm thinking of swapping to it once I hit 60

>spend time ingame with friends

jesus fucking christ since when have video games become a social platform cant you go like hangout in real life or something.

why would you play a video game if you dont like the game

I dropped my job's weapon the first time i cleared Shinryu Ex. It was the only time i ever beat that fucking fight and i never touched it again. I was so relieved that i actually managed to drop the correct weapon

it is a MMO so that's fine. Although you should give the story a bit of a shot. It's not like wow where stuff happens around you, then you go in a zone and find out what happened. It's like a single player quest.

why would you drop your weapon you should pick it back up before someone takes it

user that's literally the point of mmorpgs..

Attached: 1561432751461.gif (300x300, 521K)

It's pretty fun, it plays like babby's first dps. 35k+ blasting zone crits are satisfying.

I run Shinryu as dummy for rotation/job practice

Very
The game is not built around rushing to max then staying permasubbed for content

Kek, that's because the main scenario in ARR is atrociously bad. Run here, now run there. Now run back to here and dance for mobs. Now run there to inform them you danced for them. Now run all the way back to quest start to turn in. Yes I know you can teleport. But that just means you're spending 1/3 of your time playing in loading screens. Garbage fucking story anyway. It's an MMO. you don't play MMOs for the story.

For me personally keeping track of two resources, making sure not to overcap them but also leaving myself enough to use cooldowns when they come up, while also keeping about 7 things on CD all the time makes the job feel very active despite the simplistic 1-2-3 combo. It feels like I'm frequently having to think about what I should do next and make decisions about what to prioritize doing whereas with GNB the whole job has a very clear and orderly rotation which makes it feel smooth to play but I personally find it kinda boring.

Then how come my friends want to do roulettes instead of hanging out ?

Because square is fucking retarded. They'd rather cater to disgusting furfag rping weebs named Neko Nekosan or some other fucking variant. I hope every single furry RPer fucking dies

If you are the type of person who sees story in games as a hurdle to get passed rather than content to enjoy, you will have a very hard time in XIV.

Fuck the First
Fuck the WoL
Fuck the Garlean royal family
AND FUCK KATANAS

Attached: Elidijobber.jpg (210x240, 16K)

>you don't play MMOs for the story.
MMORPG

so as DRK do i want to intionanttentally get hit by stuff to pop my blockest knight?

Because hanging out involves them physically being in a place and roulettes can distract you guys from how shitty you all are.

It's the same reason why a group of friends plays LoL and just hate the game.

I mean this was literally on the week when Shinryu EX came out. I have to imagine that the fight is a lot simpler now

there's a lot to do beside the story, especially if you're playing with friends
but the story is still a major part of the game and your friends can still play with you through all the leveling dungeons and trials, of which there are a metric fuckton, since higher level characters get synced down to the appropriate level for leveling content
so there is 0 reason for you to skip the story unless you really just want to raidlog a couple nights a week right away and miss 90% of the meat of the game

Is there a way to do the story missions in a party with friends?

Me and a friend tried but it wouldn’t let us do the instanced part of missions together.

>ILL KILL THE WOL
>WITH THE WOL
great plan

No. Only use it for unavoidable damage.

Attached: a.jpg (600x641, 97K)

man compared to emet, elidibus is like a saturday morning cartoon villain

like wtf how are they gonna top one of the best written antagonists in video games

No.

It worked so well the first time
Especially when it became literally the only reason Emet failed

Kek, wow and this MMORPG has the most braindead fetch questy progression through the story, which is fucking instantly trash from the start. HURR TIME TRAVEL SAVED US FROM SHITTY VANILLA LAUNCH. No thanks.

>dragoon is tethering his grey summoner friend
>SMN so dumb she won't even stand in range half the time
why
just buff me instead you incel your girlfriend is dogshit
>the dancer is partnered with the fucking paladin
get a fucking room, cunts
>the WHM is doing less damage than the tanks
this e-girl better uninstall

i literally hate gamer girls. soil every party they're in

Attached: 1562659466668.jpg (716x403, 63K)

You want to use TBN to mitigate damage and also give you more damage with an edge/flood cast. If you're in a situation where you have MP to burn or you know something between now and the next time you get 3k MP isn't going to be enough to pop a TBN, you're better off using that MP for an Edge/Flood

if you mean the solo duties then no, those are, as the name suggests, solo

I think we should really stress the fact it's another game than WoW. Even the title is different, that should be a clue but people don't pick up on it.

Attached: 1395131052802.png (640x333, 308K)

So My friends will have to solo until they unlock the duty finder or whatever?

That’s a bit of a let down.

>want to play game
>game doesn't let you
Now this is epic.

Attached: ffxiv_10072019_094603_870.png (405x156, 81K)

We need real evil WoL. Not our friend Ardbert
>got blessing
>yeah thanks you now fuck off

>yfw elidibus' real plan is to make us whole so we regain memories and see why hydaelyn is bad

we don't know nearly enough about him besides the fact that he's a weak pussy
he still has potential

Just kill of Zenos and Elidibus in the post-xpac patches and introduce an entirely new villain.

Oh it's barry again

data center?

thanks bros
that's actually much less fun than i was hoping it would be

Isn't that kinda already fucked with the 13th going kaput?

What server?

Or is partying up cross server?

Yep. This is why games trash. You're stuck soloing through the most repetitive garbage quests. You literally spend 90% of your time teleporting around the world/mount travelling, for the occasional 30 second instances fight, or boring soundless cutscenes about a stupid contrived typical FF story

the first dungeon is level 15
before that there are guildhests starting at lvl 10, which are basically bite-sized tutorial instances that you can do together

STOP FORCING ME INTO THIS FIGHT WHEN I DO TRIAL ROULETTE YOU FUCKING FAGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.

Attached: 532412.jpg (1280x720, 241K)

What can they even add to black mage next expansion now that their rotation has been smoothed out to perfection?

I mean, you can use it to just stand in AoEs if you really want to.

This makes sense because he went out of his way to save the WoL's shard on the 13th from getting voided.

feels stronger now with more consistent proccs. barely have to touch burst shot at times from all the pitch perfect and refulgent arrow proccs

Attached: IMG_20190710_085752.jpg (1678x2381, 460K)

WoW had such a tight stranglehold on the MMO genre for so long that most people can only think about MMOs in the context of WoW. If you took everyone who's ever played an MMO, the vast majority of them would still have only ever played WoW. So when an MMO deviates from WoW in any way people get confused and start thinking "that's not what an MMO should be like" because to them MMO = WoW.

bigger betterer firerer

How gay are you? This fight is fucking awesome.

People have been saying that since HW.

Lich.

Its doing great, initial impressions seem like it was a monster but its probably slightly above MCH if you consider the rdps it gives (though it a lost a lot of it already). The only problem with MCH / BRD right now is going to be replacing DNC or finding a group that doesn't mind 3 ranged. Just hope parsefags decide DNC isn't worth it.

Worst time.

To add, the XIV community is so autistic, they think seeing the "good views" while in transit makes up for the garbage quest composition. Like just fucking go outside if you want good views.
Not to mention XIV fags almost killed their fucking game at launch. They refused to admit anything was wrong at launch, while telling people who did see what was wrong to quit. Assisted in almost bankrupting square. They still do this to this day. They're just as bad as current wow subscribers

Imagine being this much of a fucking pleb

So Discord tranny was wrong about everything related to MCH right?

huh? that's weird it just proc'd for me

Nobody thinks the game wasn't shit at launch, you'll only see retards here saying 1.0 was good

People say 1.0 was a mistake all the time. Like me.
Final Fantasy the Fourteenth online one point oh was a mistake.

That's some major flaw right there. Say what you want about gw2, don't have any other reference, but at least you could do the entire story alone in this game. I like playing with people but if I'm dependent on other people when I want to play the game at a certain time but can't that just sucks.

>They refused to admit anything was wrong at launch
Wrong, nobody but a select few autists defend the trash heap that was 1.0.

bro it's 10 am on a workday
I'll queue with you when I get back from work if you still need it

>still giving (You)s to barry

the fuck is a barry

Fire II gives AF3 so you can use it to switch out of UI in AoE.
Blizzard II gets deleted or upgrades directly into Freeze.
3 polyglot stacks
Xenoglossy II 1000 potency spell that costs 2 polyglot stacks on 90s CD.
Transpose removed and you just get Umbral Soul at low level. Later you get the trait that causes it to give you a heart
Ability to stack Firestarter/Thundercloud procs

i will respond to whomever i please

Everyone shit on 1.0, that's why they fucking nuked it (which admittedly was a very cool as hell buildup)

LET ME DYE THE AF
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

A trait that upgrades Fire IV into a bigger explosion, unlimited "triplecast" under enochian and also enochian now moves with you.

the XV shitposter

You gotta wait niggaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Loading screens? Teleporting is near instantaneous besides the cast time.

Sorry bro, you have to wait till whenever the fuck they release eureka 2.0 so you can kill yourself all over

>It's going to be tied to Eureka 2
Fuck off.

Attached: 1562071071022.jpg (640x385, 54K)

Well these people have been playing WoW for so long, the culture bred by this game's mechanics, style, the relation they had to its developers has become part of who they are because MMO's are so time consuming. All the time they spend in WoW is the time they spend for living so they were shaped mentally.
It's a different culture from those of us who spend their lives playing FF MMOs instead. It really is like another country's people immigrating en masse, it's very scary.

what would even be the point of getting rid of blizzard 2? i mean there's button bloat but does anyone even have it on their bar anyway?

>implying Zenos will ever die
>implying he won't 'protect' you forever and ever and ever...
He completes (your) harem, user.
Ali/Alphy are the tsundere
Yshtola is the kuudere
Thancred is your slutty older sibling who isn't an actual interest because he probably has syphilis but is included in group shots anyway for some reason
Ryne is the loli
Zenos is the yandere

Attached: 1984565415.png (4655x4153, 1.7M)

We have trusts system in ShB. You can run dungeons with Scions bros. Doubt adding bots for trials is good idea. I heard trust system is from XI. Do you have raid or something similar in XI?

I just want a seamless world and revamp in graphics to make ground texture less garbage looking
>Just buy a ssd!
It's not the same.

Attached: XIVtext.png (1234x1064, 2.1M)

the number of people defending 1.0 is comparable to the number of people defending XV

>Zenos is the yandere
Oh hell no, would the white auracite trick work on him?

BLM is reaching skill bloat. And we have useless spells. They will be purged 100%

Attached: Sixteen.gif (615x413, 1.96M)

y'shtola doesn't give 2 shits about any of the scions
also urianger is the fujo fanservice interest that will never actually win

START CRONCHIN BOY

Attached: 1496438895451.png (500x750, 692K)

Not possible with current engine. Wait for obvious new FF mmo on PS5

I just queued for it to help you and got an instant queue
there was no new player bonus tho so I'm assuming you got in eventually

Is there some kinda of Macro for placement spells like sacred soil and salted earth that don't make them feel awkward to use?
I just want to plop something like Salted Earth down on what I'm targetting more often than not

Attached: 1558863017191.png (1667x1000, 531K)

BROS I JUST GOT TO THE LOCHS AND THE SPEECHES AND THE BGM IS HYPED AS FUCK AND I JUST WANT TO GO ROUND 3 WITH FUCKING ZENOS AND FINISH 4.0. BUT I GOTA WAGEKEK TOMORROW AND MUST SLEEP SOON, WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO BROS?

kek

Attached: 1559413645607.jpg (223x226, 4K)

what else on blm is useless?
you could axe sharpcast and blizzard 1 and i doubt anybody would care, but neither are useless

go slep.

do it tomorrow so you don't get your sleep fucked by queue times

There is extreme lack of healers right now. New healers (ShB gen) are low lvl.

/action "Salted Earth"
This is the macro I use.

There's tons of crazy shit they could add

Cooldown to cast while moving
Leyline effect regardless of positioning
OGCD burst damage
Build up to EVEN MORE explosion every few minutes like summoners having babamut phases
Necromancy shit

>You are MY sapling NO ONE else can have you!

Attached: D_B2Up8VUAApcrO.jpg (848x1199, 186K)

/ac "Salted Earth"

does anyone else miss the way they used to do beast tribes in ARR? multiple tribe npc quest givers, not just some fag behind a counter...

Answer is yes, answer is it doesn't feel good either because macros can't be queued.

Makes sense

Scathe, Sleep.

It's implied in the extended materials that she likes (you) but backs the fuck off because Alisaie's been silently begging (you) to force her down and ravage her since ARR.

Attached: 1789014214.jpg (1600x900, 497K)

ok

Doesnt change the fact that 99% of the main scenario sees you teleporting/running across the world with constant backtracking.
I love the endgame content, but holy fuck the main scenario quests almost completely ruined the game. Run to A. Then run to B read wall of text. Then run back to A watch voiceless cutscenes. Then go back to B read another wall of text. Then go to C read some more. Then run back to B zone into a shitty boring fight that lasts a minute. Then run to C again. Then run back to A and turn in. I'd rather miss the whole fucking story than deal with that garbage

I want to FUCK this Pixie Bitch(male)!

Attached: 1468880542128.png (323x241, 134K)

Lvl 76 when you get Umbral Soul, meaning you now have a GCD spam button that you can press to put your rotation on hold until things have calmed down.

After all the shit posting I avoided SAM for the longest time. But now that I've leveled it...fuck. This is a fun class. I feel strong, I feel effective. It's just great.
My only regret is that I never got a wolf mount to really "complete the look". Kinda regret that.

Attached: 1345978613463.jpg (761x1049, 252K)

Is it better to FATE grind or dungeon grind a DPS from 70-80?

>Now realize Unukalhai is a fragment of the WoL

So when is he going to rejoin with us

Namazu had the best questline and it was quite recent.

Would Feo Ul be your onahole if you asked?

>new FF mmo
Really?I have a hard time believing they're going to release a new mmo

>tfw you've become a harem MC without even realizing it

Attached: b-but mosan that's forbidden love.jpg (1800x1400, 1.56M)

As a DNC do I want to Standard Finish off CD or is it more dps to keep doing standard attacks?

*joins your ex farm group*

Attached: 75590316_p0.png (1500x1500, 2.5M)

Grind FATEs while queuing up for dungeons.

But there are no "loading screens". WoW is full of them, and since you can't teleport to anywhere except main cities, shit takes 10 times as long.

When NG+ comes.

i'll give you sleep i legitimately forgot that existed and don't think i have ever even had it on a bar
scathe is super useful though, you can't get rid of that

Never because lol sidecontent.
The CT stuff in Shadowbringers doesn't count because it's from a different timeline

based

Attached: 1561215977226.jpg (1000x1000, 148K)

scathe is kinda useless once you get triplecast

Nobody remembers that.
Rember when Darklight gear was the best gear in the game ?
Pic related, me all ready for coil.

Attached: 73fe1c760873fd32d1d3bf884671e41de2732b3b.jpg (640x873, 49K)

Blow it off CD.

Scathe is *fine*. It's a movement tool, but it doesn't really interact with the rest of your kit in a meaningful way outside of that, unlike something like ruin 2/4.
Sleep needs to go. I don't even know why they put that shit on the healers as a role action if they're not even going to make it an AoE sleep

She's only male in the american version.

>scathe is super useful thoug
You have non stop thunder/F3 procs and xeno.

they just want players being able to sleep things for flavor, even if it's useless 99% of the time

Only if you call them the most beautiful of branches and ask for much succor

ARR zones, armor and dungeons make me nostalgic as fuck.

>there are no "loading screens"
>WoW is full of them

what

Sorry I dont need an ugly scottish whore.

Attached: 1562016875954.png (3472x3196, 1.86M)

>My only regret is that I never got a wolf mount to really "complete the look". Kinda regret that.
>Ever using anything but a regular chocobo
For shame

Attached: 1422644029448.jpg (400x1850, 286K)

Where are the facts to back up this declaration?

Attached: e8e.png (600x587, 84K)

Good, fellow orange parsers finally joining the group with me.

I remember sleep was useful in low level dungeon and eureka. This spell clearly doesn't fit XIV design. Especially dungeon design.

I thought the pixies were genderless

I love the classic adventurer style. It's all dust in the wind. An 2.0 classic server would the worst thing though imagine it, what the fuck it just wouldn't work.

>stormblood
>the rebel force's brilliant plan is to send the most powerful ally they've gained across to the other-side of the world in order to divert the enemy's forces so they have to fight on two fronts
>said fucking enemy is a literal empire with gunships and mechs that can lay ruin to any settlement or country with ease in mere days like they've already done
>so you go to the other-side of the world to start a war against this empire
>except you dont you just destroy the incredibly small occupying force that's there
>actually jokes this is just so your character can grow stronger :)
>your character's current power level is shown in stunning detail across two duties and one dungeon, two of which you just get one-shot in anyway
>main baddie is an autist who refuses to call for reinforcements because he found a challenge for once in his retarded life, despite his army being pushed back to the very edge of ala mhigo
>writer expects me to feel empathetic toward the total 'tard because "dude he's the mmo player, he's just like you...."
>feel nothing as I beat his basic bitch ass down so I can get to susano ex already
>"MY FRIEND!"
>btw i can transfer my soul into this dragon :)
>also im not really dead

What the fuck..? How did we ever go from Heavensward to this drivel?

Attached: 1416143237120.jpg (356x325, 23K)

I'm glad the bagpipes in Raktika aren't as ear grating as Idyllshire's music

>Spend all day collecting cool mount
>Ride it for half an hour
>Go back to my regular chocobo because it feels wrong being on anything else
oof

Attached: Google it.jpg (414x307, 16K)

i'm only 72 so i don't have xeno yet, maybe that plugs up the few remaining holes
but i was able to get two optimal scathe casts off while running away from shit in holminster switch earlier and i felt fucking pro as heck

Yeah, feels more like you're just some guy caught up in things that shape the realm. Now we're saving whole worlds, with time travel and lost precursor races, and the problems of the realm absolutely do not register.

Post dead memes

Attached: dead memes.jpg (271x186, 12K)

After you've spent 20 hours there, the La HEEs start to get a bit grating

Just skip shit if you feel like it. Costs $50 if you want to skip level grind and slogging through the story to shadowbringers, but it you're willing to put many hours into it, have fun.

Attached: 1520076038007.png (1518x779, 955K)

Maybe if you're unfamiliar, but that isn't optimal play.

Why should I bitch? The onus is on the claimant putting forth such an idea to substantiate his assertion. Nigger.

Attached: Prof Retard.png (411x394, 222K)

>Why I am married to Viera how did you know?

Attached: 75537907_p0.png (1200x1776, 3.23M)

The Leylines meme is real.

Attached: Ultimate BLM.webm (1000x546, 2.95M)

The forest looks good without light. Comfy.

I can see that, I think the tempest and amaurot are the only places i haven't gotten tired of yet

Personally I'm skipping Stormblood because of how shit its been and the fact both times I resubbed I just couldn't put up with how god awful boring it was. I ain't slogging through this shit just to get to a interesting plot.

god HW was peak autism and I loved every second

Attached: 1457208582651.jpg (650x2793, 760K)

man ARR paladin was such a pile of shit

>riot blade into nothing
>ZERO aoe damage besides a 30s CD
>somehow still better than warrior

We were a savior back then as well to be fair, things were just smaller in scale.

AGGRESSIVE
TANKING
STYLE

Someone always gets hit by those swords on the way back every time. Usually it's me

Attached: BRD-BLM.gif (317x221, 2.43M)

I miss when all of Yea Forums mocked this piece of shit game 1 2 3 game

How hard is extreme? Only ever played Hard dungeons so far.

Good lord blonde/ginger chocolate bunnies with long hair are 10/10.

Attached: 5243221.gif (414x317, 745K)

would more than happily oblige Alisaie.

Y'shtola probably has beastmen AIDs

>jumps to the MCH and proceeds to kill them due to the second wave of markers
>completely ignores the swords coming back and tries to go straight to DPS
This is why BLM bandwagoners are going to ruin the job.

>running to leylines
I do same. After all those roulettes where your teleportation doesn't exist. It's so fucking annoying.
>no aspect mastery

The Ascians fear the Samurai

Attached: 1562593839150.jpg (1024x576, 97K)

>The Flood wipes out the Far East on the First
>This means Katanas don't exist on the First
Norvrandt...home

Attached: x9sts7tkte831.png (1568x873, 2.93M)

Attached: 1483853387393.png (960x672, 261K)

la hee tumel ala ee booya

Attached: eh reh.png (764x718, 118K)

>dungeons without umbral soul
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I CANT GO BACK I WONT GO BACK

Elidibus no
Bad Elidibus
Go back to your moon

>tfw playing dancer
youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU

>Beating mind-slaving elemental lords able to shoot hurricanes and rend mountains
>At level 35
>Smaller scale

That's what I meant. Back then the Empire was a distant hulking power, and now it's a joke. We were more involved with the affairs of the city states, meeting with their leaders on the regular, and now we have flunkies to handle that shit.

I really love Amh Araeng. Something about the visuals and music together makes me feel like I'm in a PS1/2 era JRPG.

My head knows that HW actually played like shit with the worst raid series ever and gutter class balance. My heart wants to go back to the world where every DRG was suicidal and we had 6 DPS parties in practice.

Attached: panicking.webm (900x616, 2.95M)

>trying to git gud = bandwagoning
Don't be like MCH discord balance tranny

Amh Araeng and Ratika feel very FFXII

can you imagine being the last of your species and being this pathetic of an individual?

i mean what else do you do if you've used swiftcast, triple, thunder proc and still need to move?
should i be banking fire 3s instead of using them for higher pot refresh?

Attached: healer helping.webm (1000x624, 2.9M)

>that land to the east of Rak'Tika
Hmmmm.....

>clearing first run
>getting mount same run

>A world without Stormblood

Attached: Synthetic++_8480248e58c41fe3b2a849dd09267cf3.jpg (179x168, 7K)

Slide cast.

I started last month and through only doing the main story quests while playing it took me around 240 hours to get through everything including shadowbringers.

For the most part it's fun and you don't have to rush, the only bad segment is the post ARR/pre HW content. They throw a lot of really fucking bad fetch quests and delays in there.

>no hitbox gore
Just how? 999 luck? Are you wizard?

complete all classes role quests

When is /ourmusician/ gonna do a collab with XIV?

youtube.com/watch?v=gm17vgmh854

Attached: MMMmmmm!.jpg (317x390, 13K)

>tfw was PLD main then switched to MCH

Attached: 1492146162976.png (1050x670, 744K)

That's exactly what shadowbringers is. Why do you think everyone is singing its praises aside from asshurt contrarians?

is FFXIV isekai?

to be fair movement abilities in this game suck dick , you get stuck on terrain instead of appearing on your marker

Fuck you. Doma and the Azim Steppe were the best part of Stormblood.

what does this mean
like stutterstepping?

yeah Y is deactivated sadly

Do any npcs wear the new artifact gear aside from GNB/DNC?

That's going to be the First's version of Ala Mhigo. I hope you guys are ready to meet Not!Lyse.

Attached: 1476913581620.png (530x750, 379K)

you only use F3 proc at the end if your fire rotation, or if you need a refresh because you've had to use a thunder proc/polyglot during fire.

If you know you're going to need to move then you just hold Triple and/or swift for the movement phase. Fire IV's cast time is barely more than the GCD recast now so it's only a very minor damage boost to use it to shorten the cast time. Better off to hold them for 20 seconds each than spend 2/3 gcds on scathe.

I tried this when I first ran this dungeon as a healer and then the tank got mad at me. I thought I would be able to help but instead I only hurt

Attached: 1561593130286.png (340x318, 203K)

So I hit 50 with my PLD the other day. What should I be looking for or doing to get better gear going forward, since I don't think I'll be solely relying on job quests or other quest rewards for gear upgrades, right? I know the game mentioned something about getting these tokens or something from dungeons going forward and trading those in to get better gear. I'm assuming that's not the only way, is it?

thancred and urainger

Sort of, in the last half second of your cast you're able to move freely. It's more than enough to deal with movement.

Tomestones can be exchanged at Mor Dhona for the best level 50 gear. You get them from running level 50 dungeons.
You can also get gear from dungeons or buy shit off the market board

you'll start earning allagan tomestones of poetics now, use them to buy ironworks gear in mor dhona

The one thing that perplexes me would be the reason why mobs are still set to aggressive in the overworld.
In every other aspect FFXIV unabashedly embraces its nature as a themepark but not here, here it seems ashamed of it and tries to hide it by pretending monsters are something that should be fought while in fact they are part of the decor. They give nothing, none of them are a real threat and they can't catch up to you anyway it is only useless to fight overworld mobs, it's better to run and leash them off and everyone does that so why have them attack?
Like in Disneyland they function as a fixture to liven up the decor but they are not to be touched so why have them bother us at every turn?
Assume your game, set the monsters to passive.

Attached: louisoix.jpg (300x300, 24K)

same like in WoW but we don't have addons to show us when you can do it

It seems really arbitrary doesn't it

Louisoix is a nigger.

Attached: 1541904117564.png (222x227, 7K)

what's the reason not to use f3 procs for normal refreshes? i assume because it's frontloaded instead of backloaded like f1?
or is there some esoteric JP wizardry that lets you unload a full MP bar of f4 without refreshing at all?

Alright thanks.

At least they toned down the shitty "every monster hits you with a slow when you ride past" garbage

>ironworks created a artificial alexander

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Attached: thesquad.jpg (1080x809, 113K)

That would make players aggresive fauna slayers, right now it's self-defence, then it would be genocide

Attached: my_own.png (600x450, 181K)

Eorzea is flat! Look at the wall of light designed to keep us in.

Attached: i'm free.jpg (750x563, 47K)

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZEtyODeiCQ

I'm not even mad at reused model. Makes sense

how likely Zenos becomes a trust NPC in the future

They're for hunts duh.

Be in the Tempest, no battle music, just the regular zone music

Good stuff

>This is what flat-Hydaelyners think the star looks like

your fire 3 proc will run out if you try to hold it over to your next fire rotation

They put zero effort into enemies in this game other than the hit markers to step out of. FFXI for example gave each enemy..

>Weapon types they were strong/weak against
>An element that would again judge what magic they were strong or weak against
>A job for which to base their moves and latent abilities off
>4 different types of aggro, sight, sound, smell, and truesight, to go along with passive mobs.

I guess they weren't going to bother on the first 3 points and said fuck it, just make everything aggro with a tiny radius and leash.

I swear if we get a fucking Brothers fight I'm gonna slap YoshiP.

Are there any pictures of the Eden sets?

Poetics is the catch all currency used to buy leveling gear at levels 50, 60, and 70. Each tier of gear can be bought at Mordhona (120 upgraded to 130), idyllshire (260 upgraded to 270), and Rhalgrs Reached (360 upgraded to 370).
Use the respective twine and shallic for each one to upgrade them 10 item levels and each one will last you to 57, 65, and 75 respectively.

Some mobs still use different aggro types, but that's about it

Lalafell

Attached: 1553210154826.jpg (700x990, 90K)

Eureka

Can someone convince me this game is actually better than WoW? The story is nice but I don't really see myself sticking with it longterm, yet I always see people saying how its soo much better than WoW and they're never going back. Whats the appeal?

Attached: 1527413774282.png (256x256, 90K)

you can buy 390 gear at rhalgar including weapons

better music, classes and boss fights

No. It's very bad. Play Lineage 2, Real game for real man

yeah 390 to 400, felt like I got something wrong there.

that's weird, am i doing blizzard phase wrong then? because i often have f3 procs waiting still when it's time to swap back to fire
all i do is b3 > b4

It's not actively trying to kill itself.

WoW became too shit and keeping up with two subscription games is a pain

why do wowfugees think anyone has any interest in convincing them to play a game
if you want to play, play it. if you don't, tough shit

the game used old WoW as a base and has since refined the gameplay into its own thing, fights are well designed and inform the player of all mechanics and the classes are relatively well balanced. world building and story are fairly consistent and don't get raped to death with every patch. also the music is very good

People like being invested in long form stories and seeing how the world progresses. And starting in HW they started really fleshing out side characters and making the plot more nuanced.

Fire IV *3 > Fire 1 > Fire IV * 3 > Despair > Bliz 3 > Xenoglossy (assuming don't need to save for movement) > Thunder proc (if not needed for movement)/hard cast thunder if thunder dot has under 10 seconds duration > Bliz 4 > Fire rotation

It cares enough about its story that skipping it oftentimes is a punishment considering its a core reason to play and so being invested is important.
The soundtrack just wipes the floor with WoW.
You can do every single job on a single character, meaning you don't have to make an alt.
The aesthetics are more visually appealing.
Lots of Final Fantasy fanservice on top of that.
WoW itself being in a self-induced death spiral that people try to deny but ultimately have to face the reality of one day.
No Cripple Gnomes.

While it does humor me that they tried to make a FF11 referenced area in 14 it honestly didn't come out very well. Without all of the underlying mechanics that 11 had built in you simply can't make it work properly and the way the zone plays ends up being nothing like 11 whatsoever. I can deal with mobs not having massive amounts of depth but I do hope at some point in the future they put a little more effort into their placement and aggro mechanics.

Sorry warrior you can only have half of this defensive cooldown until you are level 78 then you can have the actual defensive part added to it now dont complain or I wont let you have the other half of nascent chaos at level 80

Here you go black mage here's your free damage and I even gave you two abilities at level 80 because you're my favorite.

You don't want to use your fire 3 procs to swap back to Astral because the cast time when you have three Umbral stacks is so low anyway. You need to spend a specific amount of time in Umbral anyway so you don't get fucked by server ticks not regenning your MP fast enough (which is why you always cast thunder 3 in Umbral)

reee I have to gather so many mats to level my crafts. over 1000 mats from rak'tika alone. and then I need to grind 4000 bicolor gemstones for skins

Is he actually or is that headcanon?

They give you plenty of time to fit 4 fire4s before you need to cast fire1, but there's no benefit.
WHY?

I'm not advocating to remove them god no as i've written they are part of the decor it's their function. A player can attack passive monsters if they wish but the fact these mobs force you into combat with them which is an activity that has no reward for you is contradictory to enjoyment.
If overworld mobs gave good loot or good exp, sure but that's not the case. It's nothing but an annoyance and you can see every player running past their questpoint only to run back to it again.
I think one of the strengths of FFXIV is how it fully assumes its thempark nature, it has almost no pretense of being anything else than Disney ride in all its systems. If you start to understand this game under the mindset that it functions exactly like a real life themepark everything starts to make sense. One example being: you're not supposed to settle down in Disneyland or go there everyday, it would become really dreary wouldn't it.

Depends.

>WAR crying
what else is new?

Yoshi's not going to fuck over his main.

A XI style grind in general is god awful in XIV because the combat just plain does not work with it.

Here is the thing if you use oGCD between two non instant gcd casts you will clip.

You have to be 18 to post here.

>you don't play MMOs for the story
This game isn't for you, please leave

Attached: 1562377113219.png (908x763, 1.31M)

alright i think i understand, thanks bros
i misunderstood what the other guy was saying i think, it's not that you CAN'T have f3 procs at that point it's that you don't want them

Also don't forget it's a dps gain to cold flare (Freeze > Flare > Flare > Repeat (excluding T4 procs/Polyglot) than it it is to use fire 3 to swap to fire before the first flare when aoeing 5+ enemies

$20 Starter key + $40 for essential gameplay mechanics in expansions + $30 for a 1 month subscription to play a decade old WoW clone. Jesus fucking christ almighty.

If you get the complete edition is really won't take that long to get to 70 where shadowbringers starts. You get a buff called the road to 70 that basically negates the need to side quest at all.

You can also skip all the story till after the ultima weapon as the story in 2.0 was pretty shit. 2.1 and after was where it started to turn into something decent.

What should tanks be melding this time around

Tenacity so you can respect the content.

Attached: tenacity.png (345x581, 104K)

everyone but warrior
>comfy sks > dhit > crit
warrior
>comfy sks > det > crit

ff xiv is a shit tranny game and emet is an emo faggot.

Are you a tardo?
Social interaction is the main selling point of MMORPGs. The fuck?

i didn't know this at all, the advice is much appreciated

>Tfw doing the Fairy missions
>All of those hypno and tf references
Girls... it’s hard to play with a boner >\\\\\

That's a shit excuse and don't start mentioning the carpal tunnel. Combat in FFXIV means doing your rotation over and over again while plopping down your character at various places throughout so why suddenly in eureka it becomes bad?

You'll get to 50 in a week. I doubt shadowbringer will be on sale during then.

>People defending launch
Only faggots who want to get a rise out of other faggots on this board claim 1.0 was good. It was shit. Players knew it, square knew it, Yoship knew it, that's why they brought Dalamud closer and closer each update until they Nuked the fucking game and hit the reset button

Thanks anons

Wait you can skip two expansions?

>i always skip dialogue they're boring
>2 days later
>i just beat Sophia where does the MSQ continues after that, guys? lol
Real life.

Attached: brudda.jpg (480x360, 10K)

>Au ra

What a fucking FAGGOT

As a wow player I don’t get why people screech “MUH XIV BETTER WOW GRRRR >:(((“ when they only play similarly and that’s it.
>WoW
Gameplay focus (Sadly >mmo and >Blizzard), do instances and fuck about in world’s most imba pvp. Also eternal gacha equipment and point grind. Anything outside end game could not exist and nothing would change.
>Xiv
Focus on story with an absurdly weak end game, pretty “eh” to bad gameplay (again >Tab Bar mmo).

>Inb4 seething trannies

Do classes have any customisability at all? In WoW if I'm getting bored of my class I can switch talents up but in FFXIV if you get bored it looks like.... you quit till the next xpac?

You can skip everything until the current expansion and become a fully realized retard.

King's honour friend

Girl or boy tranny?

If you get bored of your class you just switch classes since you can be all of them on one character.

No.

If you're getting bored of your class you play a different class, you can level every class on one character (Any class below the level of your highest leveled class gets a significant exp boost)

Classes have 0 customizability, they all play one way only. If you want switch it up you have to play a different one.

There is no customization. Make an effort to fit in if you start the game.

Jeez I wonder who could be behind this post

Attached: 1562552569760.jpg (394x810, 54K)

In XI endless mob grinding is tolerable because the combat is slow enough to chat with your party members, meaning that it integrates with the social aspect with the MMO rather well. Because of this, I remember the Valkurm Dunes rather fondly despite it just being us grinding mobs.
In XIV you don't have the time for that while doing your rotation. You have to keep mashing those buttons, no time to chat ingame. Because of this, it just ends up being a boring slog.

Where the fuck are YOU paying where a month sub costs $30? Are you some retard who tried to scalp a game time card off G2A or something? Did you shit your pants when you forgot there's a literal free trial to check out?

I might struggle with that. I have a character for casters and a character for physical.

I started leveling botanist and my bag is already full of shit, do I just sell them to NPCs? Is there even point in putting them on the market board for like 2 gil?

I don't wanna play a healer dammit.

Attached: 1550022965888.png (239x205, 57K)

I can type a piece of sentence between each GCD. Get good.

Attached: 1240907388237.jpg (399x276, 17K)

PLD once you get Clemency and can solo dungeons.

that's very dumb

Attached: 1549271472559.jpg (639x392, 33K)

That picture reminds me that the piano pieces in this expansion have been good and relaxing as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=oHwTVFSrwlU
youtube.com/watch?v=iW7b8Mo_SFU

>absurdly weak end game
You're clearly too casual to try savage. And how the fuck is 2 button rotations more fun than XIV's weave fest? I don't understand. But we don't need anymore shitters like you so stay with your dead game and have fun with the "imba pvp".

>only need 4 more cogs for the Frog mount
>fate spawns the minute I log on
>tell people to come
>nobody comes

If it doesn't get finished will the timer still reset?

Attached: 184_S1Ep10.png (1920x1080, 1.99M)

I'm sorry, user.

where do the FATEs for the frogsuit and frog mount spawn?

youtube.com/watch?v=CcHjxOKN0Pk

Attached: 1553908369111.gif (273x326, 223K)

Why do people keep bringing up "you dont need alts!" as a plus? Everyone I talk to says of you seriously want to play multiple classes you need alts anyway since tomestones caps are locked per character instead of per class so you can only gear one up at a time

Attached: 1561979649128.png (340x556, 233K)

tempest and Kholusia respectively

Attached: D-4Us_NWkAAHA7l.jpg large.jpg (400x400, 25K)

tempest for the suit, kholusia for the mount

>Absurdly weak end game
Somebody can't do Savage and Ultimate it seems

>Savage
>Hard
>Meme Locked ogcd
>Fun
>Puggable content
>Hard
Post your r.io before you open your mouth.
>2 button rotation

There are no more tomestone caps in this expansion. That was a Stormblood thing.

user...

>He doesn't know

That moment still fucks me up

Is there a roundabout number of skill speed that I want on Warrior before dumping the rest of my melds into crit/det?

Oh wait I forgot that they're gonna bring it back later. Fuck.

Post your clears before you open your mouth. Two can play this game.

I make characters with a theme because I'm a bit autistic. It just wouldn't feel right for my big warrior cat to be a white mage and vice-versa for my caster potato.

Attached: physicalcatmagicalpotato.jpg (1920x2152, 697K)

yeah a 5'4 catgirl really is what jumps to mind when I think of huge axe wielding warriors

what impact does choice of birthday and god have on the game?

Attached: elfknight.jpg (827x1000, 123K)

Absolutely nothing. As far as I know the only time where your patron deity is ever referenced is during the Eternal Bonding ceremony. I don't think your character's birthday is EVER referenced.

>big warrior cat
>female miqote

Attached: 1561544447072.jpg (400x400, 50K)

5'4" is very tall for a cat girl

none besides minimal stat boosts, they're a relic from 1.0

None. Don't forget to ask for advice on mechanics if you don't know them though with the influx of new players in the past year i'm not sure our community is as laid back as it used to be.

Absolutely nothing outside of character flavor and minimal stats, choosing whoever has the coolest name to you is the acceptable process

thanks anons

Attached: thumbsup.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

>flipping through youtube
>various dipshits are making guides for the leveling dungeons
what? why? who the fuck needs a guide for Holminster Switch or mt gulg?

>Sprouts in the Tempest

Attached: 1562255015199.png (459x360, 269K)

there's guides for sastasha too

The only mechanic in any of those dungeons I can think of that can catch someone off guard is that ring one Forgiven Obscenity uses.

Probably the dancer I just did Mt Gulg with earlier. Fucker kept dying to literally every mechanic, healer must have used like 30+ raises.

I thought SoundTemp was /ourmusician/?
youtu.be/TEZJIarhIQk

Attached: characterbarddancercopy3oj.jpg (640x480, 106K)

roleplay only, same as races.
thes used to matter back in ARR content but now they are smurfed by how high the Stats get.

Do Viera feel weird to play if you are used to smaller characters? I remember Norn being really clunky feeling at launch in GW2 after coming from years of normal sized characters.

I would have probably looked them up if not for being able to go with trusts the first time. I watch videos for everything where my performance affects others

Dont play this game
It's an elaborate scam to force you into paying for their no content game so you can be forced to run story quests while being 30 levels overleveld

bigger characters do feel slower than, say, lalafells since they all have to move at the same speed despite the size

Been playing Dragoon til lv. 56 hand having a good time but want to try something new. I want to try SAM but getting all the skills at once is pretty overwhelming and I don't really know what to do. What's a beginners guide for SAM?

>Ethys trying to disregard that he was wrong about the Masked guy being G'raha Tia

Keep up dot
keep up buffs
get 3 symbols
BIG LOUD NUMBER

i thought you were supposed to wait until the last moment to stand under them

the fuck do they say, "attack the bad guys until you win"?

just reading the tooltips and spending 5 minutes at a training dummy should be enough, it's way way easier than it looks
just look at which abilities combo into which and you'll realize how simple it is
there's just 3 single-target combos that all start from the same attack, and 2 aoe combos that start from one attack too
then you got your one iaijutsu attack that changes depending on how many combos you've executed before using it

God I miss RO, how dare you give me these feels.

seething manlet

haste is more important than damage, that is all

Bards are a rare but welcoming sight.

>Be Sam
>Apply Dot
>Apply buffs
>Get all 3 symbols
>Apply kenki swordskill buff
>MIDARE
>Repeat process until you get Tsubame-Gaeshi, at which point MIDARE becomes DOUBLE MIDARE every minute
>You are now an autistic battle weeb like Zenos
Chuck your Cooldowns in whenever you think is good and manage your kenki gauge and you'll be golden, and remember to use third eye everytime unavoidable aoes go out for extra damage

>flash at least twice
I've been giving this advice to new tanks in Sastasha for 5 years and now it'd the end of an era.

Attached: 1383618551014.jpg (500x615, 58K)

What food do I buy as healer?

tank sperm

seems retarded. depending where the anchor is you will cleave the whole party through the middle

why is hot shot and drill on the fucking gcd?

Attached: t.jpg (334x700, 125K)

haha epic!

play bard if you want ogcds.

whichever really as long as it doesn't have tenacity or dexterity
go for a classic piety / det in doubt

Because

just get the crit piety vit food

>drill
do you want to double weave reassemble and drill ?

is it fun?

What's a good placement for the hotbar? Also is there something that's "useless" and I can remove? With DRG at Lv. 56, mind you story still Lv. 50, i had like half as much.

Attached: ffxiv_10072019_114731_901.png (631x155, 212K)

fuck no.

you should be using all the third eye shit but I doubt anyone would care if you ignored it completely

yes

You're going to end up needing 3 hotbars at least at some point

whatever you're comfortable with
I'd recommend getting a third hotbar in there and binding some easily accessible keys like R, F, G, E/D, Q/A along with their shift+ and ctrl+ modifiers, that'll give you enough room to bind everything you need

Enkindle Bahamut/Phoenix couldn’t replace Enkindle because they don’t share a cooldown.

Outburst gets replaced because it’s an AoE.

They wanted to give us an option to have both a higher damaging ED and an AoE Energy Drain.

Aetherflow still needs to exist because otherwise Painflare and Fester would end up as either charge stacks (not likely) or on cooldown, restricting out options even further. Now we at least have the choice where and when to spend our stacks in a 30s window. Any change would remove that freedom.

There isn’t really any kind of stack management to the Egi Assualts, you use them on CD after initially weaving them into DWT. You can’t even use them during Summon Bahamut/Phoenix so it’s clear they’re meant to be used to spice up the downtime when you’ve got 40 seconds between Phoenix ending and Dreadwyrm becoming available again.

I agree that Deathflare could be an auto effect, but sometimes you know a boss is about to go invincible and you at least have the option of ending DWT early with a Deathflare before that happens. Making Deathflare auto would lead to so many wasted moments during Boss invulnerability.

the default hotbars are fucking crap and waste a lot of space.
the first thing you'll wanna do is hit up your hud layout and smash those two hotbars together so there isn't a huge gap between them making them take up more space, and you'll probably want to stick a third hotbar atop them.
here's my dumb hotbar setup which is beyond inefficient but it works for me.

Attached: craphotbarsetup.png (812x274, 458K)

>mounts and other non combat shit in the middle of the screen
i have never understood this

holy shit change those hotbar binds

example of comfier binds, third hotbar is mainly my mmo mouse buttons

Attached: ffxivhotbar.png (548x119, 154K)

instead of use that way you don't have to target anyone.

It's dumb tranny logic.

they're off to teh right, which are keys I will never ever actually use in a fight, unless you rebind all the keys off to teh right most people shunt anything of any real importance to the left so they don't have to move their hand from the movement keys.
That little DEL bound macro turns off all my hotbars for when I don't want any of that shit in my face.

I don't know how people play with default hotbars
my hand would have to come off wasd to reach 6 through + and that's terrible

Attached: hotbar.png (410x153, 163K)

I hate the last boss of amaurot because I can't tell where he's going to fire his gay laser

i don't know why people bother displaying abilities they don't need to see, such as basically any GCD

pic related is my healer UI

Attached: healer UI.png (1920x1080, 3.03M)

I totally thought they were meteors. In fact, I got hit by almost every one of his attacks at first. Even went off the edge because I saw a tank heading in the direction the arrows were pointing. I knew it was wrong, but why would the Tank be wrong? Thank god we wiped and I got a second chance to prove I’m not a retard.

Here bro.

Attached: 2019-07-10_02-59-45.png (1135x234, 563K)

The first tick isn't very strong, you just gotta move out of it quick so the following ticks don't destroy you.

based

controller crossbars kinda need a bar atop them to slap all your CD's on so you can observe the timers.

What mats are most useful to buy? I'm almost capped on gemstones myself.

You're gonna eat the first tick most of the time, just don't stand in his fuck off laser beam and your healer will fix it so long as they aren't shit

I meant big as in max size, not big mclarge huge

Attached: just.jpg (1920x1080, 1.04M)

you can already do that

When do you notice sks and when it's worth to meld? I melded some on the tank gear and the gcd for drk went down to about 2.35s. It seems "faster" but is it really a HUGE difference or is it just in my head? I'm just still trying to figure out what to fucking meld. I usually just stack direct hit, but I wanted to do something different.

absolutely nothing about female miqote can be called big except maybe the people who play them who are big gay

Yes you can, maybe his screenshot should include it.

It usually matters a lot on jobs that need to squeeze that extra GCD inside a specific window, like WAR and GNB.

you meld skill speed until it allows your rotation to flow smoothly and ignore it otherwise

For example DRK wants enough skill speed to be able to always get 5 GCDs in every Blood Weapon/Delirium window, after accounting for ping (higher ping means you need slightly more sks) and any more is pointless since it doesn't gain you anything

>Varis introduces in 2.X quests
>Does nothing until 4.55 where he has a sit down with the Scions
>Does nothing in 5.0 until he’s killed like a bitch

Man what a shit character. The Garlean Expansion is going to be a lot different from what I imagined since their leader is fucking dead and Zenos doesn’t want to hurt us or invade us in the slightest. He even took care of Black Rose.

I used sleep to cheese some of the fate bosses on lower levels it was so easily abusable.

I won that Hrothgar screenshot contest, am I going to get a DM on Twitter or will they ask me what prize I want in-game?

>sks fucks MCH in the ass, again

Attached: empress.png (948x526, 590K)

innocence might be the easiest extreme trial they have ever made holy shit

lakshmi is easier

I like seeing everyone's bars n binds. Here's mine.

Attached: Bars.png (706x333, 581K)

Scathe used to be fine, now that it takes away a fire iv it really isn't

Its sole use is destroying gaols in the Burn now.

Nah Lakshmi is even easier

>alt tab while sitting outside of dungeon waiting for duty finder que to pop
>a few minutes pass and I tab back in
>someone parked their au ra thot right next to me in a way so that it looked like we were holding hands
wtf

gay

bros why did i fall for the crystal meme...hardly any groups are ever up for shit and when they are the players are complete trash. why did no one tell me not to transfer here?

pretty gay

Look up a video or something on the story so far. Basically bad guys in black robes are trying to literally kill everyone.

Do normal raids roulette give as good exp as alliance raids roulette?

Sorry user you've scale syphilis now

Does MCH have a lot of double weaving? I want to play it but I have like 150 ping.

no? why would they its a single boss that takes about 5 minutes

Because they're weapon skills?

are they worth doing at all?

You got raped son.

Of course not, they're way shorter than alliance raids

>Play on a Crystal server, previously an Aether server for years altogether
>Never get propositioned at all
>Visit Balmung while bored after server visits are implemented
>Leave aetheryte room and start marveling at the activity
>Not 30 seconds later random female au ra slow walks up to my character's chest and just silently parks there

It doesn't have a lot of double weaving but getting in ogcds during your overheat phase while heat blasting might suck with that ping, check if it doesn't clip too much.

>try ninja
>thought that the eceryone yelling at you for late trick attack was a meme
>it's not

why would anyone play this cuck class

As a tank especially I wish I could resize the HP bar in a more efficient way. Let me cut off the MP bar and increase the HP bar vertically so it's easier to see out of the corner of my eye.

It actually doesn't, you just need to commit to a certain point; MCHs ideal GCDs are either 2.50 or 2.38 depending on what gear allows.

i mean whenever i level something 60+ i do it, its free exp either way

I can single weave fine, I didn't play old MCH because it needed to squeeze in oGCDs in with that skill that reduces your recast to 1.5s. Is it still unplayable for me?

> I didn't play old MCH because it needed to squeeze in oGCDs in with that skill that reduces your recast to 1.5s. Is it still unplayable for me?
L M A O
New MCH is under that 1.5s GCD almost constantly

Yeah that's shit's still there, and it's all you do while overheating. Sorry lad.

for some reason I have normal raid roulette available at level 60 but I've never done coils or alex. don't know what it would try to give me

Yeah that's why I've tried to move it up as much as possible.

Trials is the same (faster, even) yet it gives nearly 10 times the XP of Normal Raid.

Fuck it then, sks shenanigans it is. Is there some kind of diminishing returns system for melds?

You need to weave Heat Blast+GR -> Heat Blast + Ricochet for 16 seconds

yes because they need people in those roulettes for the MSQ. almost every trial is a part of the msq, compared to no raid being a part of the MSQ

Cause Trial roulettes are 99% gonna be for someone doing MSQ, whereas raids are sidequests and not as important. Plus raids are generally more effort, just imagine if Coil was in there, no one would ever do raid roulette

Alexander and Omega were both used in Shadowbringers.

They fall under the same umbrella

>No Mhiggers
>The Potatoes never left their caves

It's perfect.

Attached: 1550443091394.jpg (504x417, 30K)

And how does that justify Normal raids giving virtually no rewards?
>Plus raids are generally more effort
So even more reason it should give more than the pittance of XP that it currently does.