Why is "pyramid head" in any of the Silent Hill games that aren't Silent hill 2 (and the fucking movies)...

Why is "pyramid head" in any of the Silent Hill games that aren't Silent hill 2 (and the fucking movies)? It can't be explained away as "fan service", since actual Silent Hill fans are going to be annoyed by it's presence that makes no sense. Red pyramid thing is unique to James.

Attached: redpyramid.jpg (474x285, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HqwlX8WGSFM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fan service, you autist

I don't think he is though, I know there's a couple of enemies that look like Pyramid Head, but they're all different iirc, they even have different names. Like on Homecoming it's actually something called Boogey man or something like that.

>It can't be explained away as "fan service"
It is.
>since actual Silent Hill fans are going to be annoyed
It's aimed at the lowest worms, the cockroaches, the subhuman pig disgusting primordial slime bottom feeders vermins of the deepest underworld.
The "casual SH2 fans".
The SH2 fandom spiraled completely out of fucking control until we've reached the situation we have today.
Bunch of faggots prancing around declaring SH2 to be the best in the series (obviously, only have played that fucking game and spent 3 seconds at best with anything else), buying the mersh, doing their shitty ass PH cosplays (almost always the movie version of PH too, the retarded subhumans).
The overweight ""goth"" chicks with a boner for PH, the scrawny ass fedora wearing pseudoid emo nerds that totally identify with James, omg.
The worst of the worst.
The SH2 fanbase, the reason why the entire SH fandom went to shit.
Goddamn pieces of disgusting shit.

Attached: 1322191478800.jpg (383x221, 23K)

They look exactly like red pyramid thing. Same butcher's apron, same helmet, same sword.

The town made him stupid

>It can't be explained away as "fan service"
Thats basically it though

The Boogey man's helmet is pointy on the front isn't it? And the blade is different I believe.
Yeah it's fan service, it's a similar enough enemy, but I think lore-wise they're different.

> It can't be explained away as "fan service", since actual Silent Hill fans are going to be annoyed by it's presence that makes no sense

The fog annoys me but it's there in every game too. I'm sure someone hates the Cult, Lisa and the manneqins too.

>implying the people that made homecoming even understands what a "lore" is

So is Silent Hill about a demon-worshipping cult or a magical town that makes monsters from your psyche? Srs question.

>everyone hates Lisa
Talk shit, get hit.
Who would hate such a pure, drug addicted maiden?

Attached: protect this smile.jpg (1024x768, 95K)

Both.
they're not worshipping a demon, they're manipulating, prodding and warping what is essentially a gate to somewhere else
half of them don't know what the fuck they're even doing and new leaders with different ideas on how to proceed pop up all the time

Both,neither, your choice with this series.

>your choice
Not really tho.
As much as SH2 fans believe The Order wasn't a thing in that game, it most definitely was.
The only difference is that after the event of SH1 they were still in disarray and regrouping/forming new leadership.

Well, movies aren't canon. And only the first four games are canon.

The same reason anyone talks about nier automatica or 2B's ass. Virgins are instantly triggered by the ideology that something is linked somehow to sex. When I originally played silent hill 2 I thought pyramid head was simply some mentally ill blacksmith type character who twisted mannequins to his own desire.

Apparently, to others he was a rapist. Why is pyramid head featured all the time? Same reason pikachu is. It's atleast one thing people can easily understand when there's so much more complexity underneath.

The Japs hated Silent Hill 2 for a reason, you know.

>When I originally played silent hill 2 I thought pyramid head was simply some mentally ill blacksmith type character who twisted mannequins to his own desire.
>Apparently, to others he was a rapist

Wich is intentional.
As it doesn't actually rape anything in game, it's just SUGGESTED trough movements that he might be doing it.
Even in the original concept short for it

youtube.com/watch?v=HqwlX8WGSFM

where you can see everything even more clearly, it's not actually explicitly raping anything.

As much as i think SH2 is overrated, what the average japanese consumer thinks about anything is completely meaningless.
The average japanese consumer right now is a completely brainless zombie that will buy endless waifushit and not give a single quarter of a fuck about gameplay in games.
When SH2 came out, they were a bit better, but the mental degradation process was definitely already underway.

And that aside, SH as an IP is (purposely) extremely western focused in locations and characters.

It's not fan service, it's branding. Also those games where he reappeared were made by western devs and were all dogshit.

>And that aside, SH as an IP is (purposely) extremely western focused in locations and characters.
It's laughable when people talk about how Silent Hill is SUPER JAPANESE and its horror is supposedly deeply rooted in Japanese culture.

It's fucking Jacob's Ladder fan-fiction. Yes, there is a certain aspect of being written with the idea of "Americans as non-American see Americans" in terms of stuff like gun violence, but that's hardly a Japanese trait. I notice weebs tend to think the world consists of America, Japan, and nothing else.

Pyramid Head has an excuse since the character's appearance is supposedly tied to the town's history. The one that doesn't make sense is the bubble head nurses. They're specifically based on James's sexual frustration. The original SH nurses were just plain zombie nurses.

That's not a big surprise. The original SH while cool looking as hell for a PS1 was kind of wonky with it's silly pterasaur and moth enemies and the devs IIRC eventually made the japanese as all hell Siren. It unironically became much better when they just went full on grindhouse themed eraserhead homage.

>Pyramid Head has an excuse since the character's appearance is supposedly tied to the town's history.
You see, this is the part where i explain to you just how fucking retarded the western devs truly are.
PH, as an entity, is exclusively tied to James.

The way that he LOOKS, is derivated from these guys from the Valtiel sect, James either saw them at some point, or saw a picture of them somewhere in the historical society.
This look is INSPIRED by Valtiel, wich is a REAL, ACTUAL CREATURE THAT LIVES IN THE OTHERWORLD.
So what i'm saying is, that there's a real ass creature that inspired the look of PH in the first place, that they could've used and it would've fit in any other story and made canonical sense, but they were so badly versed in the game's lore and so fucking retarded that they just had to use PH even tho it wasn't necessary at all.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS USE VALTIEL
IT'S THAT EASY
HE DOESN'T REALLY CHANGE THAT MUCH NO MATTER WHO LOOKS AT IT
YOU IDIOTS

Attached: Valtiel_Sect.png (250x216, 96K)

>It's an epic reflection of deep, edgylord fag feelings, my guy.
Go jerk off to Fight Club, pseud.

>but they were so badly versed in the game's lore and so fucking retarded that they just had to use PH even tho it wasn't necessary at all.
They were versed in the game's lore, though. Depends on which devs you're talking about, mind you. Weeb retards think that the later Silent Hill games are "American" but the only American Silent Hill game is Homecoming.

Based Tomm Hullet worked within his limited power to veto a lot of the stuff Double Helix wanted to do. They wanted Dragon Ball Z fights over the lake and shit like that. They also wanted Pyramid Head, and he was only able to partially limit PH's use.

>Based Tomm Hullet
Let's not go that far.
Yes, he's been unfarily shat on over the years.
No, he's no hero or even a SH expert, nor the right person to even remotely handle the IP.
Never go full contrarian to the point where you start fucking your own ass, user.