I honestly don't enjoy Mario games at all. I can't stand the controls. Mario is too slippery and floaty for me...

I honestly don't enjoy Mario games at all. I can't stand the controls. Mario is too slippery and floaty for me. The momentum mechanic makes him very difficult to control. I feel like he always keeps moving, and runs into an enemy or falls off a cliff. I don't feel like I'm in control of mario, he does what he wants.

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, but I highly prefer platforming in ninja gaiden or castlevania series, the character is much easier to control. I can jump and know exactly where the character will land, unlike in mario where he can slip slide all over.

Anyone else with me?

Attached: Mario.jpg (1550x470, 152K)

I enjoy both.
But there's nothing wrong with having a solid preference. Contrary to the bullshit Yea Forums throws at you.
That being said, here come the shitposts. Brace yourself OP.

Attached: 5de7cb89-56f4-4fd3-979f-b021e97d5215[1].png (861x643, 25K)

No, from the start of video games a controller was used to do just that control a character. The controller controls Mario.

Thus you seem to lack control yourself.

No what OP's saying is that rather than play a game that utilizes fourth dimensional controls he enjoys playing games using two dimensional controls.
The interfaces are different therefore change how the entire game is played.

Attached: 1542156815854.jpg (2048x1152, 276K)

>fourth dimensional controls

?

closest I could think of is the 3d marios, but those are still only 3rd dimension.

Mario doesn't conserve THAT much momentum.

he means having to take timing into account (as a result of Mario's momentum) you fucking dingus

In the old games, he is a bit slippery. I haven't played anything past New Super Mario Bros DS, but in that one he controls tightly enough that you feel you have control over him. His momentum still comes into it, but it's easy to manage and make adjustments. 3D Mario I don't think suffers from that at all though

64 and sunshine werent bad. All others are either really bad or really shit.

You do realize you don't have to hold down the b button all the time, right?

All platformers have to take timing into account, otherwise you'd miss the jump

My job's done.
Lancerbro out.

Attached: 1542250629280.gif (210x147, 34K)

mario 3 has some of the tightest platforming known to man, mario 1 is slippery though.

I still in general like Mario, but there is something about most of the games that I never quite appreciated which only left a worse impression on me as I got older.

Given the opportunity to play a new Mario game or a new Kirby game, I would choose Kirby every time. Mario seems played out and soulless like Mickey Mouse.

The entirety of Kirby has been engulfed in an autopilot tedium not unlike NSMB. I haven't played Star Allies, but Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot didn't leave an impression on me at all despite being enjoyable. Same for Return to Dream Land before them.

The last Ive played was return to dreamland, squeak squad, and the other one on NDS

I dunno I thought both Triple Deluxe and especially Robobot were great, both had a really lasting impression on me

It sounds like you are just bad at Mario OP

So... a platformer?
I really don't get op's complaint, mario games are the most on point controls of platformers out there, I've literally never heard anyone say "mario games don't control well enough".
It's the gold standard, if one doesn't think mario games control well than everything besides them must be a dumpster fire.

Mario games always felt too vanilla for me, like they were the template upon which a more interesting platformer game would be made. And indeed, I used to feel that practically all other platformers had more interesting mechanics.

The thing is that Mario is the only platforming series that still exists on the AAA scene, so I guess that claim is meaningless now

eh the 3d games sure, but as was said in the thread before smb 1 is slippery as fuck
the 2D games in general retain a bit of this slipperyness, though the 3D games never have this issue in the slightest

fpbp

>Mario games always felt too vanilla for me
I used to feel that way, but as I get older and return to them I think Mario games consistently have better design than pretty much any other platformer. There are some platformers that are different enough to not be directly comparable anyway (like classic Sonic), but generally speaking Mario is the cream of the crop. This is even more true in 3D.

good, fuck off twig boy

>being pleb filtered by bing bing wahoo
Every day the shitposts on this site become more and more depraved