I wanna experience it for the first time again

I wanna experience it for the first time again

It's not fair, bros

Attached: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (256x330, 55K)

I've been playing the Daughters of Ash mod and it's done a pretty alright job at it.

why do Yea Forumsros hate this game so much? is it because of contrarianism?

You can. Just don't touch it for a year or two. It won't be exactly the same, but it'll be "like the first time" again in a lot of ways.

Not when you've clocked 1000+ hours into it and the entire game is burned into your brain

I'm pretty satisfied with my time with it so I don't mind that I will never experience it for the first time again.
Thankfully I'm not some retard like OP; I played videogames before Dark Souls and will keep playing videogames after Dark Souls.

Attached: Capture.jpg (581x375, 35K)

>repeating bossfights that have pumped up stats to increase length of game.
>renaming areas for the sake of it when the old name works just as well as the new one.
I tried it, just made me wish I were playing normal dark souls desu.
if you want a good mod, play the scorched contract, it's more of a challenge run but it's decent.

>Thankfully I'm not some retard like OP; I played videogames before Dark Souls and will keep playing videogames after Dark Souls.
this, are the entirety of the dark souls fanbase just a bunch of zoomers who'd played it as their first videogame ever?

I'd like to experience this for the first time

no other game in the series gave me the same feeling, bloodborne was the closest

Attached: 220px-Demon's_Souls_Cover[1].jpg (220x260, 19K)

nah fuck BB, after 3 games it was just more of the same.
demon's souls was special though, god damn that game is so comfy

I'm experiencing it for the first time and it's awfully slow, I'll just stick with Bloodborne and Sekiro.

>more of the same
it was the first one to shake up the formula

I just finished this game for the first time blind about a week ago and damn I think it might be my favorite

>no shields
>pumped up stam regen
oh no, what will I do?

this, and i never should have incorporated all the L33T DARK SOULS STRATS and speed run techniques. the very essence of dark souls is over for me, and that includes souls-like games.

>playing videogames
lol

>he doesn't know

>he thinks I don't know

I've never played any Souls game, sell me on it.

Can't speak for all of Yea Forums but I played it after it being hyped up for years and just found it to be really boring. There are hard games that control a lot better

you hit things with a sword until they die.

demon's souls was a cult following, dark souls 1 refined it, pc release blew up the dark souls fandom, then zoomer fags who've never played a game in their life started over selling pretty much everything that has to do with that game. don't get me wrong I have over 400 hours in 1 alone, I like the games, but these fags "wishing they can forget to play it again for the first time" have simply probably never player other games.

it's not even a hard game, just a somewhat steep learning curve obfuscated with the lack of a tutorial or game mechanics explanation, once you've suffered through one souls game, the rest become trivial.

>I wanna experience the joy of frame counting again

Best DeS in 2 days after figuring out that 99.9% of the game is learning Iframes. The controls are sluggish, the gameplay is shallow (it's literally OTS Diablo where you learn Iframes to win). The only saving grace for the entire series is the lore which while solid isn't enough to make me enjoy framelearning. Games definie artificial-yet-easily-bypassed difficulty.

It's an action RPG series with great level design and enemies. You can build virtually any type of warrior and engage in some of the most epic boss fights in vidya. Combat is basic, but tough.

Tell a better game series then, stupid fag.

>he doesn't know

>once you've suffered through one souls game, the rest become trivial.
I just finally got around to playing Dark Souls 3 this weekend and pretty much 1-3 shot every boss in the game. Was kind of disappointed.

Attached: 1536580989803.gif (500x521, 1.33M)

>once you've suffered through one souls game, the rest become trivial.
This. There may be slight differences in stats, dodge/parry/attack timings, and other details, but the core mechanics and gameplay remain the same. Even between DeS and BB the same strategies largely apply.

shrek three, dum bich

jesus, imagine thinking the souls series is the best out there, when literally all souls fags do here is complain and shit about different entries in the series. deep down, even the souls community doesn't believe it's the best series out there, and the individuals themselves just hold one game in high regard and play the rest because they're close enough.
why don't you literally play games instead of casually consuming ubishit and pretending this one series is godsend.

There's nothing to sell. You either do or you don't.

>no answer
Thanks for proving me right.

castlevania in 3d

AHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAH Can't even name one series

Pretending you're other person is ban worthy fag

>just tell me what to play so I can earn validation on an anonymous anime board by pretending I played it
go neck yourself you literal waste of oxygen, Reddit tier cringe faggot.

Dark Souls 1 / Dark Souls 2 are kind of like Castlevania in 3D with less of an emphasis on keys/special powers and more of an emphasis on just getting good.
Dark Souls 3 is a much more linear affair.

I Recently replayed Dark souls 3 and Dark Souls Remastered and as much as it pains me to say this, I think I enjoyed 3 more. I replayed 1 far too much, by the time I killed O&S I basically speedran through it (even skipped Ariamis), I was really bored by the end of it and just wanted it to end.
Say what you want about 3 being linear, but I realized that linearity is not really a problem at all, at least 3 has a relatively consistent quality throughout, I can't really think of a bad boss or particularly bullshit section in it.

Attached: remast.jpg (1920x1080, 256K)

>ariamis

you won't name one game because you know it'll instantly out you as a casual

>Pretending you're other person is ban worthy fag
go cry to moot. if you are here for a conversation then you don't belong to begin with.

Yes? You know, the painted world.

honestly the painted world is super easy and the boss there is a pushover, why even skip it? it's free souls more or less

I was thinking the same thing recently. like im no fan of the map's linearity but i honestly think v tends to make it into a bigger deal then it really is.
The interconnectedness of 1 was a really nice bit that helped make it feel cohesive, but if i have to choose between that and consistently good boss fights, i'll probably go with the latter

Attached: 1547940724255.png (500x539, 393K)

They completely dropped the ball with the remaster. That was the moment they could have made this already legendary game biblical. They fucked it up.

It was alright for a port to 8th gen consoles. Never should've been released on PC though.

I think the main point about non-linearity is that it makes replayability easier and more enjoyable.
since you don't have to go through the same sequence over and over everytime you play the game, instead you can mix it up, you can rush your chosen weapon, etc.

>You think you do, but you don't

yeah but why port it to new consoles anyway? it was already on xbone and PS4 could have had it the same way it has demon's souls in japan

You are right, but that's the problem. I know the game so well I basically stop levelling before even reaching anor londo and I realized I wasn't enjoying the game enough to go through the painting which I don't really like that much.

Ultimately it boiled down to the fact that even with an open world, I always go down the same optimized path in Dark 1, with very limited variations to it if I just want to spice things up ("wooo, let's go kill queelag before ringing the Parish bell!"). From what I can say, Dark 3 sacrifices that approach and in exchange guarantees areas that are individually more interesting and with a more balanced difficulty. I have other gripes with 3, but they really are minor ones, the level design surely isn't one of them.

It killed armored core.

>honestly the painted world is super easy and the boss there is a pushover, why even skip it? it's free souls more or less
He probably skipped it due to that reason

except the choice isnt that varied, after 2-3 playthroughs you end up taking the same route, im not talking about build choice, they can be varied

No it wasn't alright it was fucking garbage, had minimal quality of life improvements and even had some that ruin the game, then it had matchmaking ruining shit like fucking weapon level matchmaking. Fuck that shit and fuck From. Game is still a poise and bs fest too.

There would've been a hissy fit if it wasn't on pc

I felt like I had to hate remastered by default when I originally played it.

Yet on my second playthrough after experiencing prepare to die edition I realized how great it really is.

DS3 looks and feels like a demo of what could of truly been and any other fantasies I have probably won't be realized til it's out of my interest.

I don't think you can honestly have a valid opinion on any of the games until you've experienced them in the multivariable ways that you can.

That's why outsiders see our tastes and opinions as shallow and vice versa.

Dark souls has a steep appreciation curve.

It was alright besides the fact that Tomb of Giants is even darker in it. I'll take minor quality of life in exchange for those 60fps and not falling through the ground every time I see a ladder.

>then it had matchmaking ruining shit like fucking weapon level matchmaking
Why are so many fags complaining about this? The weapon memory is so lenient it might as well not even there.

>DS1: BLOCK GOD
>DS2: NO IDEA COULDNT GET INTO IT
>DS3: ROLL TROLL!

>DS1: BLOCK GOD
Nani?

Attached: poise.webm (600x336, 2.94M)

>The weapon memory is so lenient it might as well not even there.
So much as accidentally picking up or looting a special weapon early on immediately borks your matchaking. It's not at all a problem mid game, but early game it's really shitty, so anyone looking to do pvp/co-op in the burg or parish will get a case of the feelbads.

I had the same experience with 3 and BB. In proper From fashion, though, the DLCs were actually a fair challenge and pushed my shit in, if only for a bit.

I'm playing it for the first time now. Thus far I've cleared out everything in the Undead Parish/Berg except kapra demon, got the scythe from catacombs and I just killed the Hydra. Ill probably kill the butterfly when I get home tonight.

After watching Yea Forums hype this game for years and listening to my friends who are all Soulsborne fanatics hype it up for years I'm honestly a little disappointed. Like, sure I've died probably around 20-30 times by now, but it's always felt like I either got fucked by the control scheme/camera or I just haven't picked up on the play-pattern of an enemy. The game doesn't really feel "hard", it just punishes impatience and rushing. Its not really an action game so much as its a puzzle game.

And the setting itself feels boring thus far. The level design is clever, sure, and and the game does a good job of establishing atmosphere, but its not compelling at all. I spend 90% of my time wandering through hallways devoid of anything except enemies, quietly slaughtering them all. The world is desolate but there's nothing that makes me want to know why and how.

Idk. It reminds me of DotA2 in that I spent so long listening to people hyping it up that my expectations were maybe too high.

Attached: 1562709011063.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

No it won't? You can still match with people who haven't upgraded their weapon if you pick up a special weapon.

The game isnt hard, it just takes getting used to. once you are in the "zone" it becomes trivial in DS1 since most enemies take years to telegraph their attacks.

Trying to parry again in DS1 after finishing 3 is abit wierd and takes some getting used to

Nope. A special weapon at base is considered equivalent to a standard weapon at +5. The matchmaking goes up to 4 tiers above and below, IIRC. It is specifically only the players with unupgraded weapons that you won't be able to match with, but still.

It's -5/+6 and -6/+6 starting at +10.