UNIST Thread

In-births in the dark

Attached: DvIZulMUcAERPK0.jpg orig.jpg (600x780, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vBXhDpPlWzE
youtu.be/UYTaQu3sWV4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pass is vee
Probably won't be able to make it to Garage Gear.
And the lobby exploded before it began

Attached: D3kDIKRUwAAVLdJ.jpg orig.jpg (1448x2048, 401K)

That was a pretty neat combo to witness towards the perfect against me.

Also, I learned that 6B also works as a launcher similar to 5B today for Linne. Pretty neat stuff that can be done off of it for sure is what I discovered from my labbing.

>And the lobby exploded before it began
It's seemed stable today so I hope it's just getting it all out of its system now

I'm EU but I'm gonna join anyway

Is this someone other than mike? He might have some decent games now then

Why? Are there no EU people to play in the discord or on /vg/ ?

kw: pclobby
will probably go to garage gear for the hell of it.

Attached: Sonshoukou.(Koihime.Musou).full.302623.jpg (800x600, 162K)

Last I heard /vg/ gave up playing unist

Aand there it goes again
Was there a sale or something I'm not aware of or is this week just going to be July's shittiest online week

And it seems pretty difficult to land 6B online hahaha. I'll give it a few more attempts and practice it more later if it keeps failing me.

What are your thoughts on 6B Dia? Is it a good option to have or not really necessary?

The sysadmin is probably some teenage intern torrenting hentai and playing CSGO on the matchmaking servers

Steam sale lasted until Teusday morning so there may be an influx of new players now.

Then again this is PS lobbies we're talking about.

Mr. Wizard also announced UNIST hit 1000 players registered so maybe people are impulse buying at the news for PS?

I play all the time games with people there. Just ask and wait for a reply.

It's one of your better options for poking out. I default to 2B out of habit, but 6B is a frame faster. As far as I know, the proration is exactly the same for 5B too, and has the advantage of not being shorter than your 5A.

>6B is faster than 2B
I'm not part of this conversation but I'll need to make note of this.

Spoon you gotta block those overheads.

Cool. 2B is definitely ingrained into my muscle memory too but there are some fun things that can be done with 6B that I'd like to see if I can add to my kit too.

2C > 6B > TK B Kuuga in particular seems like a fun little setup to get going.

So close to having the full cast being repped properly

Gonna call it here pc bros. Sorry for the super short stay but I'm not really feelin it today.

Attached: 1559236500082.jpg (1024x864, 43K)

Who do we need?

ggs my dude

On PC or PS?

Carmine, eltnum, chaos, Seth,enkidu

PS
Aside from me subbing Gord and Enkidu, we need those as well as a Carmine

I'm almost forgot gord

How do I know I'm ready for online play
I usually practice in survival, but I don't feel like I'm getting better with the game's system

>tfw carmine but south american

Attached: 1521426972018.jpg (400x400, 11K)

Don't we have those except Carmine?

If you have an internet connection you're ready.

If you're bad at first, just stick it out and eventually you'll get a feel for live opponents.

If you're beating the CPU on the hardest difficulty pretty easily I'd say you are ready.

Kaizer only shows up once every three weeks

Subs don't count

The majesty of the 22x

I mean I usually lose at around round 11 because one combo will do absurd damage but if I don't get hit and rush the enemy immediately the best I've done is 17

Oh sweet

Why not, some of the people's subs are way better than my main.

ggs pc lobby, i gotta go to work early tommorow, ill leave the lobby up for anyone else that wants to play though

Attached: Sonshoukou.(Koihime.Musou).full.302624.jpg (800x600, 187K)

Was that 22C followed by crossing up with 6D> j.A or something?

Looked pretty good.

Why does playing somewhat less than usual make me drop the basic ender of my most common BnB when it would kill

I don't have time to grind my execution these days damn it.

Whiffed j2C into a 2A but I'm damn sure I was trying for something else.

Well it looked impressive all the same to me since it got you a GRD break in a very interesting way in the end.

>Tfw practicing execution on my sub instead of my main

I don't get it, I actually slept 5 hours instead of staying awake until 5:30 am, and yet I feel way more tired than usual.

Happens to me all the time

GGs pclobby.
Playing in 7f is kinda giving me a headache so sorry for leaving early. However the fact that I was consistent in my BnBs makes me happy.

Attached: Chaos Code Mika.jpg (650x918, 312K)

GGs pclobby
Your hit confirms were really good Oni. I really should have punished more of those VOs though.

Attached: kidkuuga.jpg (362x481, 44K)

Wow, literally nothing canceled into what I wanted that match, shit sucks

>Played through the tutorial
>Tried to pick a character to learn
>The entire roster has a thing I hate about each of them

I really want to like this game, but I can't find anyone worth sticking to.

What problems are you having with the ones you're interested in the most?

Then don't. Nobody's holding a gun to your head saying you should like this game, as much as the shills screech about it.

Attached: Dkj2COoVsAERKz1.jpg orig.jpg (660x825, 108K)

What sort of character do you like? Knowing that can help limit you to ones that might fit your play style.

I tend to freak out a bit more with Chaos since his options suck when pressured in the corner and I'm still not sure what his best moves would be. After failing to GT a few times I just opted to VO a lot and forget GT is a thing in general.

Attached: D_D1kUBXsAIBPvK.jpg (485x750, 49K)

>whiff cancel after 5C in the middle of that combo to get 66B
Neat if that's what I saw. I'll have to mess around with that in training

I like zoning but I hate negative edge and charge characters.

So Phonon?

Off to gym it up now. GGs PS broskis. Learned a few new things today!

I might be back later but I also might go watch some new anime. We shall see!

Attached: linne23.jpg (1181x1181, 615K)

Try phonon. Gord and Merk also have decent zoning tools but still have the option of rushing you down.

Ggs

Fuck

I tried first to learn Chaos. Maybe that's where I went wrong.

I broke down and did it. After months of attempted Yuzucide, I put C attacks on RB. Why is this weirdly easy to adapt to, yet I can't ever get my mind to veil off properly?

Ggs PS lobby. Gonna stop earlier than usual tonight.

I'll miss you.

So I only ever play Gord-OH and Merkabla as rushdown boys. Should I be doing that, or are they more effective as something else? Also, are there any other characters suited for rushdown? It's all I'm really good at

If it works it works.
Play Linne or Mika

I forgot I hate this.

Holy moly that 5kish comeback.

You VO at the 3 second mark.
You ain't fucking timerscamming ME

That VO was accidental and cost me the game since I would've just backdashed for a second or two longer, I didn't hold it.

Dang, these 2 games were enough to get me all the menu characters, now I never have to play again. Thank you all, and good night.

What are pressing to get these VOs
At least my accidental IWs come from shielding and assaulting too much

ABC and ABCD are my right and left trigger buttons and I keep hitting a trigger at inopportune times every few matches.

ggs PSN lobby. Catch all of you later.

ggs

Think I'll make my next turn in the hot seat my last go-around as well.

I'll get my rematch tomorrow after my mistimed skip.

This color blows

Well looks like it was a good decision to call it there for tonight

ggs everyone

ggs

GGs

Was that two air fireballs in one combo? Shieet

I'm just gonna leave. Having a really bad day it seems. Worse than usual.
Have a good night.

Attached: 1561618866128.jpg (595x842, 222K)

Oh, there's a name I haven't seen. Although it rings a couple bells
GGs

Ggs bro. You might want to stop using Vats force function so much, it may be safe but you're giving up grd and it gets predictable.

I know. I know I should try to either laser or drop a crystal, but force of habit is a bitch.

Are you using the default lay out on your pad? Most Vats that play on that usually place their normals on the shoulder buttons so it's easier to hold for gems.

Finally I didn't embarrassingly drop one of those "they whiff a move that makes them fly the fuck across the screen" punishes.

I've tried on 4 diferent ocasions to do that. It's no good. Normals come out too slow, and I can't react to anything.
I'm just gonna get a stick. Hopefully I'll have it by next week.

Just spent half a game wondering where my O button went. Turns out it's on RB.

I thought I wouldn't have internet till fucking Sunday, but I have it now and I don't have to pay for my bill this month. I should probably also do a small test stream to make sure everything is peachy.

Attached: [ReinForce] Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Detonation (BDRip 1920x1080 x264 DTS-HD MA 6CH).mkv_snapshot (1920x1080, 299K)

Does the pain ever stop?

Attached: pain.jpg (500x322, 63K)

My journey into the corner is a short and excruciating one.

does this game have matchmaking on PS4 or do I have to go on discords and beg for matches

No, there's always someone better to make you question your competency of the game.

No. It only gets worse from here on out.

Matchmaking exists for ranked games
Then there's lobbies which are way more common but the EVO bandwagon has given a boost to both ends

Shiiiit moving stuff to the right bumper did not help.

man I can't do a yuzu combo at all today/ Probably because I didn't play all during my moving/no internet.

Man rythem has gotten really good since I first played him/

I can't tell if I should be impressed or disgusted

Gonna close it when it gets back to me since I don't feel like waiting for a rematch

I'm still not convinced other bad players exist.

Go play outside these lobbies, huo. Preferably with playable connections, there's tons of people worse off than you.

No I've looked over the charts and it turns out you truly are the worst player in the entire world. Congratulations.

I've never seen anyone get this badly cornered. Even what used to be my fellow greens, and they've all moved on.
Everyone I've met outside these lobbies either quits if I'm winning, or just spams grabs and projectiles in 9 frames.
Fuck, I'm on the charts? This sucks man.

I kept trying to grab for the kill in the first round against pudding but I was doing samsho throw and not unithrow.

>quits if I'm winning
Sound's awesome to make people rage quit if you're dominating em.

The other type is more common. What hurts the most is I still can't counter scrub moves like running away and spamming projectiles. Are some of us just not meant to be good?

>Are some of us just not meant to be good?
Some people aren't meant for fighting games.

It's one of the 3 genres I can't play at all, but I gotta try, you know? Fighting games are the last bastion of fine women and semi-fun gameplay.

>Are some of us just not meant to be good?
For every winner there must be a loser.

Have you tried just hopping the fireballs if they're spamming and j.2Cing them?

They're usually on the other side of the screen by then, and for some reason Yuzu's slashes are hella weak to projectiles? How the hell does that work?

Yo rythem could you teach me how you do that thing where you can run up to someone and do a 5a after they recover?

Maybe projectiles have bigger priority to the slashes.

Maybe practice dash blocking?

Then why aren't you trying harder
Do aerial slashes then, have you seen my matches against rhythm? I get a wallbounce to my face in the trade and sometimes the slash stuffs my start-up.

Attached: 1523338433182.png (542x771, 62K)

It's the aerial slashes that get me. A projectile hitting the sword lines hurts you, it sucks.
It does all come down to the fact that I'm a slow asshat, but I wanna believe there's something more to it.

>negates traps and the effects on the field and can't play them
Simpler times.

236B into teleport is a good and mostly safe distance closer if you're getting tagged by projectiles at full screen

Made another lobby if anyone still wants to play

I'll work on this.

And that's all folks, GGs

Attached: D1n55r_VAAEUKpJ.jpg orig.jpg (2048x736, 288K)

GGs

Attached: D-Yu05RWsAA0iXw.jpg (485x750, 75K)

Was only able to get like 5 games in but I think I did alright considering I haven't played since last Thursday, haven't lost the touch.
Anyone down for the Samsho? Or should I just got back to DQ11 ( which I bought the other day thinking I wouldn't have internet for another 5 days.

Attached: Chara09.png (410x882, 87K)

GGs everyone

Oh and before I forget, Rythem link my a video or something of how you practice that dash 5a thing you were doing. I want to learn that.

Attached: b3d78dd943a4a519beb454fc0bd73fb2.png (600x700, 194K)

Man, there's no point in me being here. Guess I'll leave, at least spare you all the sad posting.

I'll hop on that one. Finished my workout, watched some anime and got a CS match in and still have it in me for a few matches before sleep.

You should play some Samsho. That's been cheering me up after playing like garbage with my Yuzu.

Turn sadness into motivation to get stronger. Heed pic related's words.

Attached: [DeadFish] Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ - 04 [720p][AAC].mp4_snapshot_12.19.123.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

Meant for Also, sorry for the huge watermark for my app.

Anime looks too choppy on 144hz monitor so I have to run this app to fix it.

The point is to get good, my man. Apply yourself if you really wanna win, the results always follow

I feel like it's just gonna make this worse, but if you're truly hurting for players I'd try it.
I love that one guy posting a Symphogear image has made like 3 of us watch it. That and do you even want a sweet tomato? Aren't they supposed to be acidic or something?
I just can't figure out how to apply harder in these unending Merkava storms of death. There are no outs from the corner.

Guard Thrust
VO
Defensive CS
Sometimes it feels like you're not even trying

>web stopped my IW
Well that's news to me. Nice one haha.

Also just realized I start every post with "I". Even my posting has gone to shit!

I'm always hurting for Samsho players. Also everyone should go watch the new Nanoha movie if they're into symph.

Attached: cute kitten.jpg (241x549, 49K)

I've never really practiced it specifically. I'm actually very bad at using training mode in a meaningful way. I just have my dummies set to random direction recovery and try and do follow-ups.

What's the saddest is my absolute darnedest is indistinguishable from not even trying.
How do I find you? Haven't played the online yet.

Ah I see, I don't know how you could do it with out a 6a coming out instead.
Just add sankt on psn and I'll mess ya up with my Char.

It's on my to watch list after I find the motivation the start and finish Reflection.

If I can binge through Symphogear S4, a single movie should be a cinch. I'll see if I can get to it later today.

Lemme mess around with some my internet, SS is on another PS4, and shit's whack.

No rush. I'm play DQ11

Darn it hahaha. Once that corner pressure gets going the stress sure builds up fast.

Definitely feeling better about the Byak matchups lately however though thanks to Sha and Sean's spider play and now Spud will help even more.

Aight, I got it, but damn these menus are weird. Can you really do training mode online with other people, or am I retarded?

I am your training mode

I should probably mention that I've done very little other than look at a movelist or two. Forgive me, once more.

I can't tell you how much i love and hate that characters are allowed to do a heavy dp into a light dp in this game.

That sounds pretty scummy. Are there a fair amount of them?

I played a Genji last week and I couldnt find a time to punish him properly with his stupid dps.

Why's there gotta be a 10 second timer between games? I get it, I lost, I always do, now move on!

>the web in the corner missed
Is it blockable?

That is the EX ground web.

I think that was UNI's throw invincibility on wakeup

Ah I see, so it was a situational dodge.

Damn, Yagyus must always be the best character.

I see. That does sound frustrating indeed depending on how much space on screen he gets with each DP.

Even though Kyo is in joke tier you did pretty good with him Huo

How the hell do I get any kind of range in this game?

That was a nice comeback Lamp. Getting vorpal really turns thing around in this game.

The frogs are just pretty lucky, I think.
How in the world do you do anything quickly in this game? That 3 hit thing you have that ends with the shoryuken happens so quickly, and takes half my health.

>That 3 hit thing you have that ends with the shoryuken happens so quickly, and takes half my health.
Yeah, it's DEGENERATE since it's also a cross up if I do it properly.

Just so you know huo you can rage burst during a throw or any mult hitting move.

Man, fuck Linne

Damn, but then I"m out all my meter forever, right?
And what the fuck, the rage thing just hits anywhere whenever?
At least this juggling monkey is kinda funny.

Imagine

Char is allowed to confirm her rage off 236c since it's multi hit

A few move games Huo then I wanna go back to DQ

I can switch out if you're not feeling like scrambling her.

That trap with EX Kuuga and [B] Hien is pretty disgustting though I agree if you've got CS for the combo setup.

I gotta sleep at some point, it's 4.

You don't have to switch. I'm just expressing my frustrations at how annoying she is once she gets in. And I feel like I've played the match up enough to be allowed that much

I got my chevo for doing an entire match with no wep

I love that Charlotte just has some Sergei Dragunov moves.

True that, haha. I don't mind taking a break from Linne either though. Spent tonight playing nothing but her IIRC. Mixing it up with Enkidu seems like a good idea to me.

Also, I don't think I did too bad against you there with him right? I should still be able to keep up i think.

At some point, am I supposed to derive joy from fighting games?

Going to end at 3:30

You gotta use your meter Huo, It's one time but so is basically your life in this game. At the end of a match both bars should be gone. No point in not using them

>Whiffed IWEXS into 2A mash
300 IQ move right there. Had you won the round that would have been absolutely amazing

Sounds like a plan.

Also, darn those web setups can be so well placed hahaha, nice.

Yeah, even I didn't foresee such a high IQ strategy!

Forward then half circle has to be the most difficult thing that exists.

So the new SamSho still has SNK inputs I see.

Good match Huo, go find a main and the come beat me up next time.
I don't even use it, just do the 236A+B for disarm super.

Attached: [Vivid-Taku] Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka S2 - 09v2 [9EA43150].mkv_snapshot_07.43_[2018.04.22_08.14.17 (1280x720, 154K)

How the hell do you do that without slipping up somewhere? I can't get my thumb over that fast without wiping some other direction a bit.

Attached: 20190710_062616.jpg (708x329, 137K)

You and I both know there's no victory waiting for me. Glad I could be some sort of punching bag though.

Why not? You beat me with eyepatch. Just go learn when and where to press your button and you'll beat me.

Well forward to half circle forward doesn't sound half as bad as some of the stuff they had before, like pretzel input (unless that's in this game) so I think after alittle practice you'll probably manage to get at least that one down.

Pic related.

Attached: pretzelinput.png (930x630, 159K)

>been playing/practising for a few months
>deside to try online
>56 losses in a row
Glad I wasted 6 months of my life on something I'll never be good at

Attached: lXSWGjR.png (1092x1037, 65K)

Hi Redblade. You big baby.

You and me both pal. The only choice is to keep wasting, I guess. It's not a sunken cost, I swear.
I managed to pretzel a couple times in Tekken, pretty proud of that.
I don't believe there is an answer to the storm of knees and that damn cross-up thing.

ggs everyone

The answer to the cross up is that I need to be pretty low to the ground but high enough for the triangle to connect to follow it up with a 5b. If you're letting me get that close to you in the air and ground just hit me. Also you knees can be punished with a jab or even a kick of your own.

ggs amigos, as usual you dudes making me put on my thinking cap

Attached: 66b.png (683x222, 107K)

GGs lads and thanks for the later than usual late night lobby Lamp. I could see everyone pulling out all kinds of new moves tonight, definitely was worth hopping on.

See ya all next time!

Attached: linne47.jpg (1177x800, 438K)

GGs lobby 2

Attached: __yuzuriha_under_night_in_birth_drawn_by_spike_wible__sample-b19af06e556b279f32a6411f919475d0.jpg (850x1127, 332K)

I guess I'll try and remember that. Thanks again for playing, if I can call this that.

Imagine the smell

Not a UNIST player, but is it true that a lot of top Japanese players will be coming to EVO 2019?

If so, what are the odds that America has against them? Who is a top American player to watch and cheer for?

If redblade doesn't choke ( he will) we are looking at a top 8 of jps.

Always bet on Squish

He's washed up, even waifu could beat that loser.

And Icy beat Redblade

Twice
youtu.be/vBXhDpPlWzE
youtu.be/UYTaQu3sWV4