Are you over it now?

Are you over it now?

Attached: Corrin chooses to smash.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

I've been over it for years now.

Yes

But I still think they're a boring addition

I always forget that he even exists since nobody plays him

Corrin is fine. At least she feels like her own unique character. Get that faggot Chrom and his stripper boot wearing ass out

Piranha Plant was worse

I'd fuck Corrin
both Male and Female since the Male version looks like a girl trying to pass as a guy

Attached: 1558716301597.jpg (188x158, 7K)

At least Corrin is better then Gatornigger

Nostaliga faggots should KYS asap. No one gives two shits or knows about some faggot gator from 1935 when your parents weren't divorced.

Literally should have never got in smash. Bayonetta got in because she was relevant and a recent game release, not some literal who green shit.

>inb4 muh rob muh pacman muh duck hunt
Icon characters of different eras or mascot characters. No one gives two shits about literal who the gator

Attached: 6314B33F-856A-4E41-A095-C8AA5B09F91F.png (1500x1500, 1.64M)

I'm over it since I got Banjo, but Corrin is still the worst Smash reveal of all time

Attached: 1562624743649.jpg (1192x796, 107K)

nope, worst Lord from worst FE.

Corrin was the worst newcomer reveal to date.
>yet another fire emblem character after it became a serious issue
>literal shill pick for a game not out yet
>ridiculous character design
>boring avatar personality without any of the spunk of someone like Robin
What a piece of shit.

Literally who

Really was dissapointed, but the MOMENT I saw this I was over it. Wow, Nintendo outdid themselves.

Attached: corrin4.jpg (840x991, 309K)

No.
Terrible reveal and terrible move set.
I mean whats unique? Pin, wings/bair having forced movement that isn't straight down and an fmsash that damages while charging, that's it.
Even Roar, who was a terrible reveal, at least brought something to the game as the more involved moveset/character.
Yes character, something better than wins game: GOOD

No, Fire Emblem is a shit franchise carried solely on the shoulders of Smash.

Wasn't Hector, didn't give a shit.

Attached: Hector Moveset.png (2000x3000, 2.03M)

I was never upset in the first place. What kind of person gets mad at character reveals?

eternally seethe I WILL ALWAYS WELCOME IT

Attached: 1541718346165.png (203x203, 87K)

Roy is also in this game you know

Based K.Rool chad

Attached: 1560737847667.gif (360x360, 748K)

the last fuck you to WiiU owners by Nintendo.

i already got pac-man, user, what more can you say?

Attached: 1546378584368.gif (270x220, 24K)

Sounds like fun.

Attached: 57337564_p7.png (750x950, 444K)

I only hated Corrin once the game came out and it was fucking garbage and his personality was shit too. That and fem Corrinfags are one of the most obnoxious waifufags on top of lusting over a shit fetish.

Chrom should stay but combined into one character slot with Marth and Lucina. They all use the same sword anyway.

Roy needs to leave, though.

I choose to smash Corrin.

I remember back in 2014 I wanted Kirby to have equal or more fighters in comparison to Fire Emblem. I was tolerating Lucina and Robin until I discovered Smash 4 had no new Kirby rep. Roy made the situation worse. Corrin dumped salt on the wound.
I'm still bitter.

Attached: 3151818532031143518.png (1842x1519, 541K)

Yes but he is still the worst DLC character of Smash 4 by a landslide.

>for a game not out yet

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-09 Fire Emblem Fates - Wikipedia.png (346x822, 160K)

Reply to this thread with "how many feet" if you initially pronounced her name as "kuh-rin" and still prefer to pronounce it like that even though you know it's pronounced "core-in"

>game wasn't available outside of Japan upon his reveal
woooooow
he and roy are very special

I pronounce it Kamui because Corrin is a shitty fuckin name.

Attached: 12209213.jpg (300x240, 25K)

No because I'm not a retard

Corrin is an insultingly stupid character in their home game, but damn it I like playing them in smash.

Both are shitty names so you lose either way.

Correction, that would be Incineroar.

>INB4 Seething Grinchfag
I'm not retarded enough to buy into a blurry image leak, Incineroar is just a legitimately shit addition, doesn't even have a interesting moveset like Corrin does.

Bringing back Roy as paid DLC was far more questionable

the 2 best additions to the game

>horrible addition
>autism level vomit of a reveal trailer
I wasn't mad. Just disappointed

I want to lick her feet so bad.

Now that he got nerfed in Ultimate, kinda.

>incineroar
>not interesting in moveset

His style blends so well with his attacks.

Sure. If you haven't grown past the age of five.

Attached: cereal mascots.jpg (1200x628, 1.02M)

That's all bullshit though.

I love the name Kamui. Ever since I watched a dumb shoujo anime in high school.

Reminder that this shoe-repelling faggot and a potted plant will be the only new first party characters to be sold as DLC.

Attached: 1533651389328.png (124x124, 44K)

>while having a specialization, he doesn't cripple to a certain niche so much that he is handicapped like little mac or rool
>frames that are actually suitable for close combat
>more engaged playstyle
>specials translate with normals perfectly

Ayy look at dis nigga

Attached: FFEB70EE-8BFF-4B29-BD44-5A8849A3B0AC.png (430x309, 276K)

It must be tiring being so boring

>most accurate representation of a type that hasn't translated into smash that well: grappler
>lot of attacks use the full body in motion, nice moves to look at
>taunts after jab/DA/smashes (with smashes depending on hit or miss)
>while he has ANOTHER FUCKING COUNTER IN A GAME FULL OF COUNTERS, he at least has a unique property to his counter, like Bayo but unlike Bayo, can be played around even after the counter goes off

don't worry just wait for the three houses rep

I was over it as soon as they revealed Bayonetta

>One of the last 2 DLC characters for Ultimate is more Fire Emblem

As much as I would hate that, it would be funny to watch how much of a dumpster fire it would cause.

Attached: 1544229894453.jpg (750x721, 34K)

Keep
>Marth
>Roy (he plays a bit different than Marth)
>Ike
>Corrin/Kamui
>Robin
Replaced/alternate costume
>Chrom
>Lucina

While I agree with this, Corrin is still the weakest link of them all.
Not even because Roy has been in the series for longer, he exists at least has the polar opposite to Marth.

I can live with it because we already got Banjo announced.

I don't understand people like this. You already have an option to hide the clones. What the fuck do you want to accomplish with this?

Obvious shill was obvious.
Not the first nor last time that will happen in Smash.

Never cared enough to begin with. Now that Banjo Kazooie are in, why should I care?

I actually really like her design so it kind of softened the blow that it was another FE character. Was kind of disappointed that everyone hated him, but after finding out the context of his inclusion I certainly don't blame them. Still, I like playing her.

Piranha Plant was a bonus character that probably would have been scrapped if they ever got behind schedule. If his slot had been taken by a more deserving character people would have thrown a fit that they weren't in the base game.

Corrin is one of the better FE reps. Roy and Chrom are definitely worse.

This. I don't give a fuck about half the newcomers, why would I get mad about that when some of my most wanted characters get in at the same time? You could add 5 characters I don't like for each one I do, and I would be fine with it, I would even play as them if the moveset is fun to use

Better than yet another Marth clone. Plus FemCorn is cute.

Attached: feh__summer_corrin_by_jikkudon-dbyu8ic.png (800x952, 740K)

This. I'm only over it because it's been years and I can't justify being mad over something relatively minor for so long. Also, femCorrin's feet.

Who else mains Corrin?

Yes.

Inshitneroar on the other hand...

Azura should've been in smash instead of corrin

>B-B-B-B-B-BUT THEY'RE NOT A CLONE MUH UNIQUE MOVESET

Name 5 non clone smash 4 newcomers less unique than Corrin.

>recovery that's just a recovery
>counter
>all normals are generic

All of them? Only a select few like Megaman and Bayonetta can be considered unique based on your criteria

What makes them less unique than Corrin? Not that any Corrin apologist actually cares, otherwise you'd at least sometimes see them complain about having by far the most generic down b in the game.

still 100% shit addition but at least is pretty much forgotten now

Little Mac
>side special that could be a normal if used by other characters
>counter
>all normals are generic
Shulk
>side special that could be a normal if used by other characters
>counter
>all normals are generic
Greninja
>generic charge neutral special
>counter
>all normals are generic
Etc. This one applies to everyone but Bayonetta, Megaman and maybe Palutena
>all normals are generic
The fact is, all characters can look bad if you ignore their unique mechanics. Corrin isn't any less unique than most newcomers, and most "unique" moves can be traced back to another character anyway. I don't think any character in the game has anything similar to Corrin's Pin, Shulk's Arts or Mac's shityness, but most of their other stuff is a rework of someone else

>Little Mac

>forgetting the ground fighter gimmick

>Shulk
>forgetting the monado arts

>Greninja

Shadow sneak and nair are unique for example.

>The fact is, all characters can look bad if you ignore their unique mechanics.

All you have to do to argue that Corrin is generic is ignore Pin. One move. To argue that Corrin is unique you have to completely ignore that there's no unique mechanic, the vast majority of moves, even the dragon ones, are derivitave of someone else, having a counter, etc.

That "but most characters" argument doesn't work because they have justification for being in the game. Sakurai's and every Corrin apologists argument is that Corrin isn't a clone, so therefore they're justified. (but you're also not allowed to complain about the FE clones)

I think if you scream "MUH UNIQUE MOVESET NOT A CLONE" constantly, the character you're defending should have a more unique moveset than the majority of the cast. Otherwise you're just saying that they do the bare minimum which doesn't make any sense as an argument.

Do you not get tired of seeing same face anime characters all the time?

I don't give a fuck about Corrin, I was just calling out your original post and the dumb "all normals are generic" when that's the point of normal attacks, very few characters deviate from this. That's like complaining about Up Specials because they make you go up using Yoshi as an example of a unique move.
How is "ground fighter" a gimmick but "dragon transformation" not? I mentioned Shulk's arts. All they do is change his stats while his moveset remains generic, but it's still unique to him. Greninja's shadow sneak is a reworked Meta Knights down special, the same way Corrin's neutral special is a reworked ZSS's neutral special. They're not the exact same, and I would call both unique, but you would disagree and say only Corrin's copying someone else

>I don't give a fuck about Corrin,

Funny, people always say this to try to save face but then spend 40 paragraphs defending their honor.

> I was just calling out your original post and the dumb "all normals are generic" when that's the point of normal attacks, very few characters deviate from this.

The point is that most characters fans don't scream "muh unique moveset." to justify their characters inclusion. It's a fair criticism of your character having derivative at best moves and at best has only around an average amount of uniqueness.

>How is "ground fighter" a gimmick but "dragon transformation" not?

The dragon transformation is aesthetic, while the ground fighting isn't. The same reason that Dr. Mario's neutral B isn't unique because it's the only pill in the game.

> I mentioned Shulk's arts. All they do is change his stats while his moveset remains generic

>All they do is completely change the way you play the character in a way you wouldn't for any other character in the game.

I was never really bothered by it. I wasn't hugely excited or anything, but he looked fun, was fun, and I think he makes for a decent choice. Nintendo was intent on adding at least one shill character so Corrin filled a quota. The team decided Corrin would be the best choice, and he was. People always complain about the lack of non sword users in the FE characters, but Corrin is both a lance user and a dragonstone user. Also he's from basically 3 games. Really, I think Smash fans give the FE characters too hard of a time. They are perfectly fine. Marth is necessary, Ike is unique and fun, as well as a functional axe user, Robin is from the game that saved the series while also being the best re of FE mechanics and is essentially a mage that uses a lightening bolt on a stick, Roy is easy and would have come back for Everyone is here anyways, Chrom and Lucina were extremely easy and basically bonuses, and I've already given my thoughts on Corrin.

Attached: FESmashRepresentation.png (1342x538, 146K)

>Says Corrin/Kamui
>Doesn't say Robin/Reflet
So inconsistent.

>I don't care about this character that I'm about to spend an entire paragraph telling you why they're perfect in every way and praise them for doing the bare minimum.

Bayonetta was more shit. Rigged her win.

No she totally won despite there being literally no proof whatsoever.

It was only a few sentences saying why they are ok. Most of the comment was about all the other FE characters. I'm guessing you gave up when you saw more than two sentences and just guessed at what the post was about.

This will be my last post because I have other stuff to do
First, I don't need to save face on an anonymous imageboard. You have issues, you're free to believe me or not
Second, I already explained why I replied to you, it had nothing to do with Corrin, but your awful attempt to downplay a character with an argument that can be applied to almost everyone else
And third, I can see what you want to say, but you're arguing against a strawman. Everyone I've seen defending Corrin says something along the lines of "why would you cut Corrin when their moveset is unique", usually in response to people wanting them gone while keeping clones like Roy in their rosters, not "Corrin is the most unique newcomer in Smash 4" that you have pulled out of your ass. It's pointless to continue this really, because I would be agreeing with you if that was the argument used to defend them

Also
>The dragon transformation is aesthetic
For stuff like Down B yes, but other moves get unique properties due to it. I don't want to wall-of-text here, but Forward Smash, Neutral and Side Special and Back Air wouldn't exist without the transformation gimmick
>All they do is completely change the way you play the character in a way you wouldn't for any other character in the game.
Glad we agree on something. Every single normal and special is generic but his movement and damage/knockback can change at will. You didn't mention this, but Down Smash is pretty unique, and the other smash attacks have good range too

>What's unique besides all these unique features

You can't be serious.

>It was only a few sentences saying why they are ok

You said they're okay because

>they're a shill rep(doesn't explain why they're the "best choice"
>they aren't a clone

And then go on to do the same for the rest of the FE characters.

Roy has always been the worst FE addition to Smash. Literally nobody likes that useless fuck except for autistic Meleefags.

At least Corrin has a unique moveset.

They're looking for a superficial "this is the characters gimmick" sign, even if it changes pretty much nothing, like Mac's KO meter that doesn't KO half the time you use it (seriously, what's the point?) or Cloud's Limit Break

They are the best choice for a shill rep because there wasn't really anything else coming out around that time that could offer much in terms of a good moveset. It's like complaining about Incineroar for "stealing a spot" when we always get a new Pokemon anyways, if it wasn't him, it would just be somebody worse. We were going to get a shill rep anyways so there isn't any use being upset about it. Tell me, who do you think would be a better choice than Corrin if they were to add a shill rep at that time?

>rigged
lol

>All you have to do to argue that Corrin is generic is ignore pin

A multipart charge neutral that can be charged for different amounts at two varying points and can't be held, a down smash that hits for higher damage in the back? An F smash with multiple functions depending on whether you hit at point blank or the sweet spot? Come on dude.

Every character in the game barring echoes is different even if you just look at the properties of their standard A moves, then they have a couple distinguishing features on their B moves. That's how Smash works.

>This will be my last post because I have other stuff to do
>First, I don't need to save face on an anonymous imageboard. You have issues, you're free to believe me or not

At least I'm being honest about disliking Corrin. Either you're a Corrin apologist trying to save face or you spend all day defending things you're indifferent towards, either of which is bad.

>Second, I already explained why I replied to you, it had nothing to do with Corrin, but your awful attempt to downplay a character with an argument that can be applied to almost everyone else

Because for the average Smash character you don't have people saying "you can't criticize them because they're not a clone!!!!!" and other things like Corrin fans do.

>And third, I can see what you want to say, but you're arguing against a strawman.

There is LITERALLY people saying this in this exact goddamn thread.

>Everyone I've seen defending Corrin says something along the lines of "why would you cut Corrin when their moveset is unique", usually in response to people wanting them gone while keeping clones like Roy in their rosters,

And this implies that we should give Corrin special treatment for doing the bare minimum.

>For stuff like Down B yes, but other moves get unique properties due to it

"unique" is stretching it.

>Forward Smash

Stole Ness's charging having a hitbox mechanic.

>Neutral

"let's add another attack on top of Zss's neutral B."

>Side Special

literally Corrin's only unique move.

>back air

derivative of Robs.

> Every single normal and special is generic but his movement and damage/knockback can change at will

Yes, this is a unique mechanic because it actually changes how you play the game. Imagine if someone argued it's different because Japanese symbols appeared and Shulk glowed while doing it. That's how stupid people sound when they argue Corrin is unique because of the dragon form(but having a sword doesn't count!

>A multipart charge neutral that can be charged for different amounts at two varying points and can't be held,

>Stolen from ZSS

>a down smash that hits for higher damage in the back?

>It's the 50th downsmash that hits on both sides in the game but it does slightly different damage on one side so it's unique

>An F smash with multiple functions depending on whether you hit at point blank or the sweet spot? Come on dude.

Again, stolen from Ness.

>Every character in the game barring echoes is different even if you just look at the properties of their standard A moves, then they have a couple distinguishing features on their B moves. That's how Smash works.

The point is "every character" doesn't get praised by the Smash community just for not being a clone like Corrin is constantly.

Why do we need a shill rep at all? This just sounds like backwards ass reasoning to try to force Corrin in the game. because it is holy shit

And considering Fates barely outsold Awakening WITH 2 versions AND a Smash slot, objectively it was a terrible decision.

Every character in the game isn't constantly under attack for qualifications other characters don't also fail. Like imagine if somebody tried to tell you Snake's moveset isn't unique.

>Neutral B is just reskinned Link bombs
>Up B is generic recovery
>Down B is unique
>Side B is reskinned Pk Thunder

YAWN

Corrin's fine, at least they have a unique moveset. I would've preferred an axe, bow, or spear user though. I really think for every future Smash FE reps need to be like Bowser Jr. with 8 different characters for each slot instead of spread out. Marth, King Marth, Lucina, Lucina with mask, Chrom, and Roy can and should all be rolled into one with Byleth and Eliwood added.

Attached: Big Guy.jpg (2448x2448, 916K)

>Every character in the game isn't constantly under attack for qualifications other characters don't also fail.

Sakurai's and every Corrin apologists argument is "NOT A CLONE SO JUST AS IMPORTANT AS MARIO" lmao. As if we also couldn't have gotten a unique character that people actually wanted.

Until you can prove we would've gotten a clone if we didn't end up with Corrin, this argument is useless.

Nope, and I never will be. Ultimate was the first Smash me and my bros ever missed and I'm so fucking glad we did judging by the new additions.

Attached: 48b.png (640x360, 137K)

>Corrin's fine, at least they have a unique moveset

"Let's praise an FE character for doing the bare minimum" post number 464,564,353.

What's even your argument then? You wanted somebody besides Corrin? Too bad I guess?

We needed one because Nintendo said so. The Smash team had no say in it. It really didn't matter in the long run anyways because if they hadn't demanded one, we most likely would have just gotten 6 dlc characters instead of 7. There weren't a set amount of slots or anything like the Fighter Pass. We would have ultimately just ended up with one less character in the end. Next game, assuming they do cuts, the quota characters will be cut and new ones will replace them. Besides, at least Corrin is fun. Why do I even need to justify not seething like a baby over a video game character?

Who did he choose to Smash?

That we should've gotten a character that people actually wanted in a game about playing as everyone favorite video game characters?

>The Smash team had no say in it. It really didn't matter in the long run anyways because if they hadn't demanded one, we most likely would have just gotten 6 dlc characters instead of 7. There weren't a set amount of slots or anything like the Fighter Pass. We would have ultimately just ended up with one less character in the end.

>lmao let's just not make DLC that would make us a lot of money haha

Imagine thinking this.

> Besides, at least Corrin is fun

lmao being vague as possible

I'm sure some people did want Corrin and others enjoy playing as the character, you don't speak for everyone and even if Corrin was the most unpopular character in the roster it really wouldn't matter because the people who like them matter too.

Followed by a way they could feasibly make Fie Emblem fans happy while culling the constant complaints about sword users and Fire Emblem reps.

>I'm sure some people did want Corrin

There wasn't. Corrin never showed up or was ever mentioned as a requested DLC character.

> and others enjoy playing as the character, you don't speak for everyone and even if Corrin was the most unpopular character in the roster it really wouldn't matter because the people who like them matter too.

And we could've easily gotten a character more people would've enjoyed and had more justification being on the roster. They also would've met your requirements that you praise corrin for while not making the game as shitty.

Well personally I'm glad Sakurai doesn't listen to whiny rosterfags asking for dumb shit like Geno. Rosterfaggotry is insufferable and Corrin is a fun character as is Plant, neither of which were asked for.

Attached: 1550357030072.png (512x593, 18K)

Everyone you're quoting is saying that Corrin is better than the FE clones and that's it. How can someone be so blind?

>even if Corrin was the most unpopular character
Isn’t he?

I feel like there really isn't any point arguing this any more. It's not like i'll change your opinion or anything. I'll just stick to the status quo of you being upset about a video game character and also being upset that other people aren't upset, and me enjoying playing as Corrin as a secondary main because the pinning and the cannon are fun. I'm sure you'll somehow think you 'won,' but this is going nowhere and it's 2 AM.

Attached: 1539719767077.jpg (424x328, 51K)

>whiny rosterfags

aka. "anyone with standards" lmao. It must've been so devastating to you when Banjo was revealed last month.

Yes, but Corrin will always be the most disappointing Smash reveal. Another 'generic FE swordsman' to advertise an at-the-time unreleased game was, like, the most anti-hype choice possible - that Corrin's lasting legacy after Fates was 'foot fetish bait and the most retarded lord' doesn't help it in hindsight, either. Obviously it was more of a corporate pick, and that's fine if they want to do that, but I'm sure even they were aware most people would be disappointed, which is why Corrin was announced the day Cloud was released and right before Bayonetta was revealed. I know that Corrin has a mostly-original moveset, but that would be true of any possible character they could add, and Corrin wasn't exactly awe-inspiring in their execution either. In terms of fan-service, not a great pick - but obviously that wasn't the point.

At this point though I have every character that I ever wanted in Smash, so if they added Byleth or whatever their name is I wouldn't even care.

They're saying that as if it something only Corrin can do or as if it justifies them being in the game at all.

My experience online was that Diddy and Sheik were the least popular, Corrin was fairly unpopular but only because they were garbage and now more picked them up post buffs.

>I don't even like Corrin
>I secondary main them

lmao so I was right.

Corrin's legacy is being the lord of the FE game with the most content and best map design in series. Story sucks but FE stories always were mediocre.

People praise him just for not being a clone, no way they're the least popular.

>At this point though I have every character that I ever wanted in Smash, so if they added Byleth or whatever their name is I wouldn't even care.

Meanwhile people are begging for their series to get even ONE character, or any content at all while FE sucks up half the dev time and FE fans complain about Lyn not being playable.

Ok, hold up, when did I ever said I don't like Corrin? I said I wasn't bothered by it, but not really excited for the reveal (because the game wasn't even released here yet, who the fuck would be?), that doesn't mean I don't like them. Now you're just making shit up. This is going to be the actual last message. You are seriously fucking dense.

You can't praise a game for it's content when you have to spend over twice the amount of a regular game to get it all.

Not him but do you feel the same way about characters like Game & Watch, Rob, Wii Fit Trainer, and so on? Most people in general didn't even see those characters coming at all but they have people who play them in the series.

>Standards
>Asking for garbage like Geno and Bandanna Waddle Dee

I was never mad, Corn was a shit character even in Fates but they're fun in Smash.

>Ok, hold up, when did I ever said I don't like Corrin?

Funny how you "secondary main" a character you "don't give a fuck about"

What the fuck does this even mean if retards came into threads screeching that Wario is a shit character people would also defend Wario by pointing out his unique features, would you then go "xD so he fits the bare minimum who cares lololol"

looks boring as fuck

He obviously means he doesn't give a fuck about Corrin as a character in Fire Emblem but enjoys playing as the character in Smash you autist.

I'm glad he chose to smash.

Attached: 1509667118876.jpg (600x445, 60K)

Those aren't the same person

Those characters represent a new series and important parts of Nintendos history.

Corrin was even more special treatment for a series that already got way more than it deserved.

Those characters are garbage, too. Doesn't make anime swordman but without shoes a good pick.

I'm sure choosing to smash.

Attached: 1507486375664.jpg (750x1000, 76K)

I thought it was amazing. I honestly just want them to keep adding FE characters, not cause I actually care or want FE, but because it’ll cause the most fury from redditors

Because no one can reasonably argue that Wario shouldn't be in Smash. Hell he had to wait until Brawl to get in while FE got 2 characters in Melee despite no one knowing what it was.

You forgot the part where you say Corrin is amazing actually because they're not a complete clone.

>Corrin was even more special treatment for a series that already got way more than it deserved.
But people seem to think that Nintendo themselves sees it that way. They don't pick characters based on "who's deserves it," they pick characters on whatever desires they have at the time, for each decision. I mean, it seems that if any series/character that got in you felt was "undeserved," you would feel that their inclusion would lead to similar feelings, when that's not their criteria.

This, we already have THE platforming villain in bowser. Characters like Pac-Man are iconic, he’s THE arcade mascot. K Rool is just a shitty wannabe bowser that rare created in order to compete with Mario, and only kids who feel the need to fit in like him

No, they're comparing it to other FE characters. You're seeing something that's not there

That would be Fates' legacy, not Corrin's, who's remembered more as being a detriment to the overall experience of the game. Being the main lord doesn't really mean anything - FE7 has the distinction of being the first FE game to be released in the West, and is basically the 'boomer FE' in the Western fanbase. Even so, Eliwood is largely treated with ambivalence and is mostly remembered for being Roy's dad, whereas Lyn and Hector are more popular in the own right.

"at least they're not a clone!"
no shit faggots, but you could've gotten a character that was not a clone and also not from FE. those resources could've gone to making any other character. it's pointless comparing a shill DLC characte to a last second roster filling model swap

All of the reasons, stated by both Sakurai and FE apologists, either make no sense or are hyper specific.

Also yes anyone not from FE or Uprising has to actually earn their way into Smash.

How the fuck did they manage to make a chain-sword wielding Half-dragon so fucking BORING

It literally defies logic that Ike is more fun to play than Corrin, it makes no sense no matter how you look at it

Attached: 1332141490560.jpg (396x691, 58K)

Either way the argument doesn't work and makes no sense.

Also you're not allowed to complain about the clones. FE can do no wrong.

>Also yes anyone not from FE or Uprising has to actually earn their way into Smash.
Snake got in solely as a favor to Kojima, because Kojima asked him if he could put Snake into a Smash Bros game.

Same way you make a tiny boxing man boring. Encourage a playstyle of camping.

If Kojima asked for a random guard from Metal Gear 1 he wouldn't have gotten into Smash. Either way we'd eventually have 3rd party characters and at worst Snake would be a highly requested 3rd party character right now. Which is more than you can ever say for any FE character.

You've shown your true colors, you're just a seething FE hater. The argument always was "at least she's unique", compared to who. Tell me user, compared to who? You can go and read the posts again. Maybe, just maybe you will be able to read anything last the word "Corrin". Then you will be able to read the part where said persons don't like the FE clones too, though that will require a little more effort on your part, but I'm confident you'll be able to read 8 words eventually, as long as you keep cleaning the tears running down your face

Attached: Carrot 45.png (1280x720, 765K)

First of all, your moving the goal posts.
>Either way we'd eventually have 3rd party characters and at worst Snake would be a highly requested 3rd party character right now.
But is that a guarantee? If Kojima didn't do what we did, would we?
>Which is more than you can ever say for any FE character.
So characters that aren't as requested have no merit in your opinions and only the "popular," characters are allowed to be in? Many crossovers in general have always introduced characters that can be considered more niche and obscure.

>You've shown your true colors, you're just a seething FE hater.

And there it is. The words always spoken to anyone who isn't a FE cocksucker.

> The argument always was "at least she's unique", compared to who. Tell me user, compared to who?

The argument implies that it's okay because Corrin does the bare minimum. Until you can prove that we would've gotten a clone if Corrin wasn't in Smash this argument is useless.

The truth is Corrin got in over characters from more deserving series, characters with actually unique movesets (at the VERY worst, a moveset around as unique as Corrins), a 1st party character people actually requested for once in Smash 4's newcomer cycle.

>"anyone with standards" lmao

>this is what rosterfags see themselves

not that user but unironically using deserving as some argument is retarded

>But is that a guarantee? If Kojima didn't do what we did, would we?

Because characters that from less popular series still get tons of requests. The arguments made for Doomguy would've been made from Snake.

>So characters that aren't as requested have no merit in your opinions and only the "popular," characters are allowed to be in? Many crossovers in general have always introduced characters that can be considered more niche and obscure.

A choice doesn't have to be highly requested to be good, the problem is that there's no reasonable argument whatsoever for Corrins case. They don't represent a new franchise, have an average amount of uniqueness at most, etc.

I'm not the one that thinks that Corrin is automatically amazing because they do more than be an echo fighter, so I'd say "rosterfags" are the ones with standards.

Why? If you had to either remove Mario or Pit which would you choose and why? If not because one is more deserving then why pick that choice?

Imagine not being able to admit you were wrong on an anonymous imageboard. No one know who you are and no one will remember you tomorrow. It's okay to admit you didn't read properly the first time and therefore argued against someone that doesn't actually exist

The fact that you need a what if scenario as an argument is retarded.

There's a difference between amazing and acceptable user, and people are saying the latter. The fact that rosterfags are focused more on "the character selection" than the game itself (and playing it for that matter) is disgusting.

I'll help you. No one ever compared Corrin to these kinds of characters. Let me ask you a similar question, if you had to remove either Corrin or the Marth clones, who would you remove and why? If your answer is the Marth clones, congrats, you're agreeing with the posts you were arguing against. If your answer is Corrin, you're as retarded as someone who would remove Luigi before Doctor Mario, and if you avoid the question you should just get out of the thread already

>Because characters that from less popular series still get tons of requests. The arguments made for Doomguy would've been made from Snake.
No. I meant moreso that if Kojima didn't ask Sakurai for Snake, would we have 3rd Parties, by this point for Smash Bros? Is that guaranteed in your opinion.

>A choice doesn't have to be highly requested to be good, the problem is that there's no reasonable argument whatsoever for Corrins case. They don't represent a new franchise, have an average amount of uniqueness at most, etc.
I'm personally not arguing for uniqueness in this specific case unlike other people. Because whether Corrin is unique or wasn't unique, that shouldn't be a reason to shun a character. Especially now with how people actively want more clones/echoes compared to before, and even back then for the previous entries. Every character has someone cheering them on. I can't take take that away from them. Not every decision has to lead to what's arguably the best min max outcome for everyone for Smash Bros in my opinion.

>The fact that you need a what if scenario as an argument is retarded.

Answer the question. You know that Mario is more deserving than Pit is but can't admit it otherwise proving you wrong, lmao.

>There's a difference between amazing and acceptable user, and people are saying the latter.

Maybe you are, but Corrin fans unironically think that not being a clone is some amazing, innovative shit that only Corrin can do. They have to because there's no argument for Corrin's inclusion.

>The fact that rosterfags are focused more on "the character selection" than the game itself (and playing it for that matter) is disgusting.

I just don't think that FE characters should be praised for doing the bare minimum that's expected from every other franchise. And that we should have fair standards and not fellate FE constantly. I can prove that I played Ultimate for 400 hours but it's not like you FE apologists actually care about facts.

Corrin's a very pretty boy

No one ever stated that Corrin is worse than the Marth clones. Corrin apologists have to bring them up to make Corrin look better. Imagine complaining about your taxi driver driving really slow and smoking and tons of people scream at you "well he doesn't crash and pour boiling water at you like these other taxi drivers, so therefore he's good" It'd be ridiculous.

>No. I meant moreso that if Kojima didn't ask Sakurai for Snake, would we have 3rd Parties, by this point for Smash Bros? Is that guaranteed in your opinion.

It's the natural conclusion. People have wanted Sonic since Melee for example and unless if they completely ignored popular requests we'd eventually get him, then Megaman, and so on.

>Because whether Corrin is unique or wasn't unique, that shouldn't be a reason to shun a character.

Yes it should, when the justification completely depends on whether that character is unique or not. There's a reason why it's the default response to any Corrin crititicism.

>. Every character has someone cheering them on. I can't take take that away from them.

But it's fine for FE to take away from everyone else like they have since smash 4? Funny how that doesn't seem to bother you. God forbid FE only has 6/7 characters, though.

I stopped caring about the roster when villager got in. All I care about it how they play. I don't care about FE characters until swordies stop being introduced and get some good axe and spear users. But overall I think Nintendo is scraping the barrel for IP to put in and that why there's a focus on third party. Ultimate is going to be hard to top.

Attached: Dn1QXkdW0AE1wjf.jpg (500x400, 17K)

he has cute feet so i forgive him

The only addition that was added for the sake of a new game. An ad character that even Sakurai didn't want.

Sakurai wanted Corrin, don't believe his lies.

What's wrong with cereal mascots? They are still around and are apart of people's childhoods... I'm sorry they do not have the anime titties you are looking for (you fucking weeb, lolicon watching bastard.)

when you ignore that male corrin exists, she's pretty cool her only quality though is footjobs

>It's the natural conclusion. People have wanted Sonic since Melee for example and unless if they completely ignored popular requests we'd eventually get him, then Megaman, and so on.
Possible and fair I suppose.

>Yes it should, when the justification completely depends on whether that character is unique or not. There's a reason why it's the default response to any Corrin crititicism.
So in your opinion, do you feel all the characters that are explicitly echoes or the characters that can be considered clones in general a detriment to the series due to their lack of uniqueness, since you value uniqueness? Would you remove them all?

>But it's fine for FE to take away from everyone else like they have since smash 4? Funny how that doesn't seem to bother you. God forbid FE only has 6/7 characters, though.
If you're looking at this through a cost and opportunity thing, sure it comes off that way. But I highly doubt that Sakurai has malicious ill intentions towards people that feel he "took away from everyone else,". Context is key here since it feels like people take it so personally when decisions about Smash pan out in ways that they didn't want. And the reason it doesn't bother me is, why should it? Every Smash game introduces characters. Both characters I myself would like and characters I may not know about but am willing to be open minded too. I didn't push for Corrin nor am a Fire Emblem fan. So from my perspective I should be against his inclusion. But as DLC for Smash 4, he was an option I could have chosen to pick or not and Smash as a series is always ongoing.

>So in your opinion, do you feel all the characters that are explicitly echoes or the characters that can be considered clones in general a detriment to the series due to their lack of uniqueness, since you value uniqueness? Would you remove them all?

It depends on the character.

>But I highly doubt that Sakurai has malicious ill intentions towards people that feel he "took away from everyone else,".

I'm not saying he's doing that. Just because he didn't literally think "I'm only doing this because it's Uprising/FE" while giving tons of shit to those games doesn't mean they weren't biased desisions.

>Context is key here since it feels like people take it so personally when decisions about Smash pan out in ways that they didn't want

This was yet another example of FE getting biased treatment. So many series in Smash 4 got jack shit and here FE was getting a second DLC fighter and the only dlc first party newcomer. Enough was enough.

>. And the reason it doesn't bother me is, why should it? Every Smash game introduces characters.

If you don't care or have any standards for Smash characters, then go ahead

>Both characters I myself would like and characters I may not know about but am willing to be open minded too.

I've heard the arguments from literally hundreds of Corrin apologists and they're all dog shit. If there was any reasonable reason to include them I'd have heard at least one by now.

> But as DLC for Smash 4, he was an option I could have chosen to pick or not and Smash as a series is always ongoing.

Yeah it's totally okay that highly requested characters from more popular series have to wait over a decade to be included while FE gets 5 characters a game just for FE fans to cry about how it's not Lyn or Hector or the 5th boss in a super famicom FE game. That totally makes sense in a series that's supposed to celebrate video games.

>Just because he didn't literally think "I'm only doing this because it's Uprising/FE" while giving tons of shit to those games doesn't mean they weren't biased desisions.
But people seem to think only Sakurai himself is biased and no one else involved is. His dev team has proven to be biased. Nintendo themselves have prove to be biased. Anyone in charge of Smash would be biased, intentionally or not in some ways. It just seems that everyone blames one man for being the only reason for biased decisions when that's not the case. He wasn't the only one.

>This was yet another example of FE getting biased treatment. So many series in Smash 4 got jack shit and here FE was getting a second DLC fighter and the only dlc first party newcomer. Enough was enough.
And did he not try to improve upon said bias issues? It's not like he doesn't try to do things people want (removing random tripping, having the ballot, having a hazards on and off switch, etc).

>If you don't care or have any standards for Smash characters, then go ahead
It's not like there aren't characters I rather not be in (like a Rabbid). But those characters I don't want in tend to be familiar. Characters like Corrin who get bashed solely because they're more obscure and part of something that they're not in control of, is unfair.

>Yeah it's totally okay that highly requested characters from more popular series have to wait over a decade to be included while FE gets 5 characters a game just for FE fans to cry about how it's not Lyn or Hector or the 5th boss in a super famicom FE game. That totally makes sense in a series that's supposed to celebrate video games.
Every Smash game has included at least some characters that have had fans who were more vocal about their demand compared to others. The others eventually make it into later entries. That shouldn't mean the characters that aren't highly requested be inherently be looked at more harshly.

Tldr nigher

>And did he not try to improve upon said bias issues? It's not like he doesn't try to do things people want

Considering we still have no non Sakurai kirby content, and FE got another spoonful of content in Ultimate, no.

>Every Smash game has included at least some characters that have had fans who were more vocal about their demand compared to others. The others eventually make it into later entries. That shouldn't mean the characters that aren't highly requested be inherently be looked at more harshly.

Smash 4 didn't have any highly requested first party characters. Corrin not being a highly requested character is one of many reasons why they're a shit pick, not the only reason.

I was never angry.
People complaining about Fire Emblem gives me life.

>remove clones for no reason
Literally just hide them, Lucina and Chrom are flavor for people who like them.
Also they're better and more consistant than their bases.

>Literally just hide them, Lucina and Chrom are flavor for people who like them.

They're the twentieth scoop for FE fans while other series fans have to beg for a small chance of maybe getting a crumb of the waffle cone.

I don't have to answer because it is a dumb and loaded premise.

You know that Mario should be in over Pit but can't think of a reason that doesn't involve deseredness. You backed yourself into that corner.

But I don't have to, because both are in. See the problem of what ifs?

We both know you had to change to subject because there really is no argument against some characters being more deserving than others.

These

>Corrin "chooses to Smash"
>That shitty excuse for a trailer
>All this off the back of the ballot where everyone assumed a character people wanted was going to get in, when people were already annoyed with Fire Emblem
Nah you just reminded me of how shit this whole thing was

>Considering we still have no non Sakurai kirby content, and FE got another spoonful of content in Ultimate, no.
People asked for Chrom during Smash 4 and Ultimate and he was an Echo. Lucina was officially noted as an Echo too for that matter. I'll give you the Kirby content to a big extent. But honestly I don't think he would have done things like give Dedede his Masked form for his Final Smash, when he easily could have kept the Final Smash from Smash 4. And you ignored examples of him giving fans what they wanted, just because he hasn't been on top of the ball as well as he could have at the moment so far with everything. He did do things people wanted in Ultimate.

>Smash 4 didn't have any highly requested first party characters.
But I said characters not first party characters in my post. Mega Man was easily the most demanded 3rd party after the two in Brawl. And going from there, it's not like most of the Smash 4 characters didn't have fans asking for them to be in Smash prior in general and don't have fans.

>People asked for Chrom during Smash 4 and Ultimate and he was an Echo

There were tons of characters requested that still aren't in. Why should FE, the most over represented series, get another because there were "requests?"

Why should FE get ANOTHER echo when most series don't even have one? Why should the FE echo have more substantial differences than most echoes?(Daisy, Richter, Dark Samus are basically skins)

> Lucina was officially noted as an Echo too for that matter.

Why didn't she stay a costume like Alph? Why didn't Alph get made into an echo?

>I'll give you the Kirby content to a big extent. But honestly I don't think he would have done things like give Dedede his Masked form for his Final Smash, when he easily could have kept the Final Smash from Smash 4

A single move isn't content. He also literally went out of his way just to not include an Epic Yarn stage in 4.

> And you ignored examples of him giving fans what they wanted, just because he hasn't been on top of the ball as well as he could have at the moment so far with everything. He did do things people wanted in Ultimate.

Sakurai doing things people wanted and Sakurai fellating FE aren't mutually exclusive.

>But I said characters not first party characters in my post

The point is that FE constantly got more fellating while fans of other first party franchises, huge parts of smash's audience, got jack shit.

>And going from there, it's not like most of the Smash 4 characters didn't have fans asking for them to be in Smash prior in general and don't have fans.

There will always be SOMEONE asking for a certain character, but literally none of the first party picks, aside from maybe Little Mac, were fan requested characters. They based the inclusions off of relevancy and nothing else, giving us the worst set of newcomers in any smash game.

I'm very glad we live in a timeline where Hero & Banjo get a bunch of comfy art together due to their dual E3 reveal.

What subject? I'm not the one bringing what ifs.

You've yet to explain why deserdness is a bad argument(if you had one you would've said it by now) so you had to switch to whtehter what ifs were bad arguments to try to save face.

But it is?
>respond with bad argument
>calls you out on it
>you double down on its validity

You remind me of this guy in high school that insisted he could've gotten straight as "if he tried"

>Why should FE, the most over represented series, get another because there were "requests?"

From Sakurai's perspective he's biased and they're probably easier to make. I never denied he wasn't biased as I noted here . I'm just pointing out don't solely blame him for said bias and honestly... I think anybody in charge of Smash be biased even if they tried not to be. A lot of people here especially noted they would essentially treat certain franchises better over ones they dislike or don't care about.

>A single move isn't content. He also literally went out of his way just to not include an Epic Yarn stage in 4.
The Woolly World stage was to promote Yoshi's game at the time. If you want to argue it should have gone to Kirby instead, then I see your point and can agree with that as well.

>The point is that FE constantly got more fellating while fans of other first party franchises, huge parts of smash's audience, got jack shit.
He gave Mario two newcomers. Pokemon a newcomer. Introduced new series with Shulk, Duck Hunt, Wiii Fit etc. Also introduced custom fighters with the Mii Fighters. Also a lot of series in general got a lot of content with both the 3DS and Wii U versions.

>but literally none of the first party picks, aside from maybe Little Mac, were fan requested characters.
That's being insincere to act like they don't have a fair fanbase that wanted them in. Nintendo & Sakurai themselves based the inclusions off relevancy and whatever reasons, but those characters had people who wanted them in playable prior. Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Greninja, Palutena, Robin, etc all had fans. Maybe fans you may disagree with for why they like them or dislike, but fans still.

>Why didn't she stay a costume like Alph? Why didn't Alph get made into an echo?
It is what it is and you know what? I'm sorry you didn't get Alph. But I do hope you get Alph in a future game as an echo at the very least at some point. Good night and thanks for the discussion.

>From Sakurai's perspective he's biased and they're probably easier to make

That doesn't make sense. Why would FE echo be easier? Especially since Chrom has more differences than most echoes?

>The Woolly World stage was to promote Yoshi's game at the time

He did that solely just to make sure a Kirby from a game he didn't make didn't have any content.

>He gave Mario two newcomers. Pokemon a newcomer. Introduced new series with Shulk, Duck Hunt, Wiii Fit etc. Also introduced custom fighters with the Mii Fighters. Also a lot of series in general got a lot of content with both the 3DS and Wii U versions.

Zelda got jack shit. Metroid got jack shit. Donkey Kong got jack shit. Got to make room for more Uprising and FE stuff even though hardly anyone played it!!!!!!~!!!!!!!

>That's being insincere to act like they don't have a fair fanbase that wanted them in. Nintendo & Sakurai themselves based the inclusions off relevancy and whatever reasons, but those characters had people who wanted them in playable prior. Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Greninja, Palutena, Robin, etc all had fans. Maybe fans you may disagree with for why they like them or dislike, but fans still.

You're missing the point, just because some people wanted them exist doesn't make them highly requested characters.

>It is what it is and you know what? I'm sorry you didn't get Alph. But I do hope you get Alph in a future game as an echo at the very least at some point. Good night and thanks for the discussion.

You're missing the point again and only see things in black or white. If Lucina/Chrom/Dark Pit were only included out of a sense of obligation, and "no effort" so would've Alph. The fact that Sakurai gave FE another echo and can't be bothered to give Pikmin literally 4 extra colors, proves that it's biased shit.

Hey I'm not the one using what ifs.

You might as well be shouting "2 + 2 = 5, I don't have to explain it!"

Is there still a reveal left? Can I still impotently hope for doomguy?

There's at least 2 more reveals left.

You mean "what if 2 + 2 is 5 huh"