In the age of remakes, what the fuck is Konami waiting for?

In the age of remakes, what the fuck is Konami waiting for?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 628K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rszPXD8PSdY
youtube.com/watch?v=Le23bsVURds
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They already did remake it

Attached: 997803_171972_front.jpg (640x569, 132K)

that's a downgrade not a remake.

>I don't like it so it wasn't remade from scratch
?????????????????

???
i just stated a fact. it's a fucking downgrade from the original ps2 release. it attempts to be a remaster, not a remake

99% chance a MGS3 remake would fucking suck.
Worst case scenario they'd listen to dumb zoomers who want it to look like the pachinko scenes and play like MGSV, butchering the game's unique look and gameplay style
Best case scenario you'd end up with a SotC remake situation where it's literally the same game with some GRAFIX slapped on top and everyone forgets about it after a week

Attached: 1426806397158.jpg (422x317, 41K)

why did you post a picture of a brick wall

Why would MGS3 get a remake? Metal Gear 1 and 2 or MGS1 would be far better candidates to be remade. All MGS3 needs is a fucking modern remaster so I don't have to constantly be dusting off my PS3 if I want to play it.

something seems odd about that wall

can't see the photo clearly my dude

I prefer the 3DS version, even with its awful framerate

>mfw no modern system has pressure sensitive buttons
Sadly the PS3 version will be the only way to play MGS3 with proper controls at a decent framerate for the near future if you don't want to mess with trying to set up your PS3 controller on PCSX2.

Attached: 1428290417931.jpg (450x336, 55K)

>worst case scenario is something new and refreshing
>best case scenario is something everyone has already played before and gets immediately forgotten about
brainrotted incel

Attached: 1561187562775.jpg (300x300, 12K)

Fuck I forgot about that

>generic ass third person shooter controls with photorealistic graphics
>"new and refreshing"
Dumb zoomer

>clunky ass third person controls with shit graphics
>good

>it doesn't play like Gears so it's bad
git gud brainlet

the controls aren't what made mgs fun or unique, if anything they made the games significantly harder to enjoy
your time is nigh old man

WHY YOU WANT REMAKE FOR METAL GEAR SOLID? IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AS PROCURED FROM KONAMI? YOU THINK NEEDS IMPROVEMENT? THEN MAYBE YOU FIND JOB WITH GAME STUDIO! YOU HAVE DRINKS WITH HIDEO KOJIMA, TRADE STORY OF MANY VIDEOGAMES DESIGNED AND DETAILS OF DEVELOPMENT!

OR MAYBE YOU NOT DO THIS. PROBABLY IS BECAUSE YOU NEVER DESIGN GAME IN WHOLE LIFE. YOU LOOK AT FINE STEALTH GAME, THINK IT NEED CRAZY SHIT STICK ON ALL SIDES OF GAMEPLAY. YOU HAVE DISEASE OF AMERICAN CAPITALIST, CHANGE THING THAT IS FINE FOR NO REASON EXCEPT TO PLAY DIFFERENT FROM COMRADE. YOU PUT CHEAP MOTION CONTROL OF CHINESE SLAVE FACTORY ON ONE SIDE, YOU PUT BAD VOICE ACTOR OF AMERICAN MIDDLE WEST ON OTHER SIDE. MAYBE YOU PUT SEX GACHA ON TOP TO FUCK YOURSELF IN ASSHOLE FOR MAKING SHAMEFUL TRAVESTY OF GAME OF HIDEO KOJIMA, NO?

GAME IS FINE. YOU FUCK IT, IT ONLY GET EXPENSIVE AND YOU STILL NO UNDERSTAND THE PLOT. GO TO PLAYSTATION 2, PRACTICE WITH MANY GAME SESSION OF LATE NIGHT. THEN YOU NOT NEED DUMB SHIT PUT IN GAME.

I agree with this guy.

had this experience playing the new Onimusha remaster and they updated the controls, and without the tank controls, it's kind of making the game lose it's appeal since it's super-ez-babytime mode now.

They have no talent left. Did you see that fucking Contra game?

>this ground is too SOFT!
>I wish more of my ribs were broken!
Good to see some classic Yea Forums I suppose, but you should probably realize that difficulty doesn't have to come from counterintuitive controls.

TODAY I WILL REMIND THEM
youtube.com/watch?v=rszPXD8PSdY

Attached: MGS-Snake-Eater-Pachislot-Wallpaper-PC-1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.25M)

forget it
they don't make AAA games anymore

The Contra game actually has potential to be great, it's being directed by the same guy who did Contra 3, Hard Corps and Shattered Soldier. It's kind of ugly but so is Shattered Soldier and that's the best Contra game.

git gud zoomer

Not sure, it really could use one. Tried to play it the other week, got to the End. Really fun but the controls are janky as fuck.

Artificial difficulty is as dumb as bashing your head against a rock for a challenge.

Ew, what did they do to the Boss?

The fuck do you mean, it already had a remake for the Xbawcks 360 and gaystation 3.

>Artificial difficulty
There's that word again

You're a fucking retard if you don't think MGS3 wouldn't be immediately improved with MGSV's control and input scheme

>Really fun but the controls are janky as fuck.
What? No they aren't, the controls are fine, what are you talking about?

Yeah I wish every stealth game was the same crouch walking third person shooter shit

Spend some time getting used to them, MGS3's controls have a high difficulty curve but once they click they're absolutely perfect for the game they're in.

There's your autism again

The problem is that good controls make it too easy. MGSV is incredibly easy to crouch and dive crawl through, popping off headshots when need be because the controls were so good.

It is much harder to be stealthy with a "clunky" control scheme, like what existed in mgs1-3.
They would have to completely remake the game, similar to the RE2Make, to fit the new controls.

Konami isn't interested in investing in video games, so it won't happen

>yfw Consolefags and mustards will NEVER EVER play the real MGS3 experience

Attached: 1551456269192.webm (864x720, 2.98M)

I don't get why everyone creams themselves over the pachinko cutscenes. Everyone looks so fucking weird in them, especially The Boss, Ocelot, and Volgin.

Konami already abandoned Metal Gear.

You should have known this when the special announcement at E3 was just for a PC Engine Mini and nothing more.

Why do you need pressure sensitive buttons? Played the game fine on the 360 hd collection

There are tons of issues with the controls that are clearly due to the time period the game is from. It reminds me of when I went back to play Hitman: Silent Assassin, although even in that game the controls were smoother.
Whenever I get an alert, its because of the controls. It's incredible to me that you can't move while crouching. Also, why they had Snake immediately pop up from his crawl if he taps an object is mystifying to me. That alone has caused so many alerts. Let alone how often Snake refuses to crawl forward because he's stuck on an invisible pebble or something, so I have to "jimmy the keys" so to speak to get him moving again. Also this game legitimately has the worst shooting controls I've ever encountered in a videogame period. MGSV controls like an absolute dream come true compared to this and even then I thought MGSV was a bit stiff when I first booted it up. Although I do think MGSV's shooting controls are too good and trivialize the game a bit.
I will. I intend to get back to the game, I was playing it off the PSNow free trial but now I think I'm just going to pick up a used PS3 and the Legacy collection.

>Whenever I get an alert, its because of the controls.
>It's the games fault I suck so much ass, I swear!

>It's incredible to me that you can't move while crouching.
I'd argue this is a good thing. Crouch walking is TOO good, it makes standing movement totally pointless and is better than crawling most of the time. As the 3DS version demonstrates it completely breaks open 3 more than the first person shooting does Twin Snakes. I'll agree that Snake bumping into things can be a bit finicky though.
Do yourself a favor and head into the in-game help menu, there's a ton of gameplay mechanics that never get explained in the game itself like locking on while shooting.

Ah, yes. Remove all soul and leave bland-ass "muh photorealism" and make the characters look like anime heroes. Perfect

Maybe remaking all the assets, like the character models, in HD would be too expensive for them to consider?
:

Yeah, that was clearly a use of exaggeration. I have no shame in admitting I'm bad at the game. Doesn't change the fact that the controls are wonky af. It's forgivable because of when the game was made but you fags who say it "controls perfectly", just lol
You definitely have a point on the crouch walking. The thing is, it's frustrating because it should be a movement option and only having 2 modes of movement feels horrible. I personally think it should be balanced by making crawling almost noiseless, and crouchwalking faster but it makes some noise. And obviously when crouching you're more visible.
I will definitely take your advice on the help menu, a lock on function already sounds like an absolute godsend for the shooting controls. Thanks. I was really enjoying the game, strangely enough the boss fights were really, really fun.

They're not waiting, they're forsaking. I just want a port for pc with mod support.

I'm going to let you in on a big dick MGS3 pro secret
You can use the D-pad to sneak easier, it's slower than tilting the stick but still faster than guards and is much quieter

Kids just don't get it. They want pretty graphics and that's it

>SotC remake
>in any way considered a best case scenario
But that remake was shit

MGS3 (as well as every other MGS) plays perfectly still. Unless you're simply talking about a port of the HD collection for modern consoles, which is fair enough. But a remake? It plays like a modern game already. Its camera, controls, etc are all as perfect as can be

I want a port of Portable Ops to PC with the HD treatment and new controls.

That's the point

>own MGS HD collection on 360, MGR and MGSV on PC
>still can't emulate MGS4

Attached: 1555915118229.png (800x800, 197K)

>wanting remakes
Why are you so boring? Remakes are everywhere and always a cancerous phenomenon.
This. Keeping the HD release available on subsequent platforms is the way to go.

Attached: cast him in.gif (400x280, 1.99M)

>it should be a movement option
Why? Because other games do it? Do you think every 2D platformer needs to control like Mario? I just don't see the point.

I agree completely, but like RE2, most people just want the game to play like an extremely generic tps over anything interesting because it makes it more accesible to them so they can circlejerk about how they played a "hardcore" game on reddit. People like us who appreciate unique gameplay and styles are in a minority and will typically lose out in a situation like this. Anyone who complains about the controls in MGS is a retarded zoomer who can only play the latest generic schlock.

Except for the graphics and performance due to the console, this is the best version of MGS3.

It's even easier to emulare than the actual PS2 game.

>You definitely have a point on the crouch walking. The thing is, it's frustrating because it should be a movement option and only having 2 modes of movement feels horrible. I personally think it should be balanced by making crawling almost noiseless, and crouchwalking faster but it makes some noise. And obviously when crouching you're more visible.
Oh, so you really want the game to play like brainless trash. Opinion discarded the game plays perfectly for the amazing level design set up.

Attached: MGS.jpg (1903x4264, 1.92M)

>The game controls poorly-
youtube.com/watch?v=Le23bsVURds

I'd agree except RE2 remake is actually good despite all odds. It did the smart thing and treated the original game more like a concept to jump off of, feeling like a proper blend of new and old RE, instead haphazardly throwing modern gameplay elements in where they don't belong.

I already knew that one but thank you.I didn't think it was even possible to get right behind a guard unless you were using the pad.
If I had to articulate why I would say it kind of feels bad to not be able to crouch walk. Its just a thing this dude should be able to do. To me it should be a standard for stealth games.
Also it adds a third mode of movement which I think is valuable in and of itself. Playing MGSV there was always a reason I was either crawling, crouching, walking, or running. It all felt deliberate and tactical. Going from that to only two movement modes in 3 feels stifling.

I won't deny that it probably wouldn't work if you just threw crouch walking in the game as is.
Pretty neat stuff

It is a pretty good game even if its lost its identity a bit. It is just you can tell the difference between people who like it for what it is and for what it adds while connecting to old RE and people who like it for abandoning series roots.

What's the difference?

4 is kinda bad, its just a third person shooter

I can think of other remakes I like, too, like Zero Mission, but even in the cases of RE2make or ZM I can't help but think I would have rather had all new games instead. Again, ZM is one of my favorite Metroid games, but that's despite what it shares with the original Metroid (which remains a good game and worth playing) not because of it.

I was pretty harsh in my response, but for the changes you want the game would have to be a complete reimagining more than anything. Asking for that is perfectly fine if you want a new take, but the insistence that there should be a reimagining because the old game was dated and bad rubs people the wrong way. There are flaws in MGS3, but they are overblown by people who can't hand non-homogenized games. The game still does a lot right that most games don't even get right today.

The last thing we need is Konami ruining all the past games.

It was a good series, it had a good run. Stop endlessly begging for remakes and sequels. Its over. Replay the games if you get a hankering for MGS, enjoy them for what they are, otherwise move on and become fans of other stuff.

Attached: 10137A30-C165-446F-B23B-CCA4C2047525.png (470x339, 245K)

Who would take the time to make this?

>but for the changes you want the game would have to be a complete reimagining more than anything.
Yeah you're probably right on this front with the crouch walking, although I think if the game removed the pop up to crouch while crawling thing and the wonky crawling it would be better.
>The game still does a lot right that most games don't even get right today.
Of course, I would never deny this.

This is my problem with the Crash and Spyro remakes. I mean yeah, they're pretty as hell and have some nice quality of life tweaks, but I played these games twenty years ago. I get we got to get the kiddies hooked first, but I'd rather just have a new game that looks that pretty and isn't just the same thing I've already played.

4 has some great mechanics like the emotion and psyche stuff, but it's kind of fucked over by never needing to actually use them even on the highest difficulty because tranquing everything in the head (which to be fair is also a problem with 2 and 3, and an even bigger problem in PW and V because playing Pokemon with soldiers) or playing it like a third person shooter works way better. Not to mention only the first two chapters actually let you use them.

You mean a flying head in front of a brick wall

A spiritual successor to MGS would be the logical next step. I honestly think MGSV still has so much potential. If someone were to make a similar game with more country zones and compounds I would play it for hundreds of hours.

what? where?

How long has Konami been a total dumpster fire? I can't even remember anymore it's been so long.

They´re idiots

Attached: 28377550_2127614044135341_8134559126697496896_n.jpg (901x601, 125K)

thats a never ever if i've ever seen one