Comedy relief character

>Comedy relief character
>Has an insanely fucked up backstory

What the fuck Capcom?

Attached: Athena.png (1423x855, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

3dsiso.com/forumdisplay.php?122-Nintendo-3DS-ROMs-Downloads
gbatemp.net/threads/batch-cia-3ds-decryptor-a-simple-batch-file-to-decrypt-cia-3ds.512385/
citra-emu.org/download/
youtube.com/watch?v=dGrIPF3RutE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i love that shit

I've spilled so much semen to this bitch

could you tell me her backstory

How? She has practically no good r34.

I mean Dan's Father was killed by Sagat in front of him.

bro you have no idea how blue balled i get when im reminded of that fact

Attached: 1561533906070.png (536x417, 224K)

>Severely autistic to the point of needing special headphones
>Her only friends are robots
>Mother gets murdered
>Is too autistic to understand the concept of mortality and thinks she can be repaired like a robot
>Puts her mother's corpse on a disassembly table to get taken apart because she thinks it will fix her

Attached: Athena_Cykes_(SoJ)_-_flattered_1.gif (256x192, 317K)

You forgot the part where she repressed on these memories and it comes back to her all PTSD like

I would play a Phoenix vs. Conan game.

>unimportant comic relief character
>turns out said character is able to NOPE the main villain's trump card and ultimately leads to their defeat

Attached: 1548295059335.jpg (508x386, 26K)

>Puts her mother's corpse on a disassembly table to get taken apart because she thinks it will fix her
Sometimes i forget Ace Attorney is M rated

Attached: 1556105999459.png (182x186, 46K)

fun fact this scene alone is why duel destines has an M rating, that being said athena yikes is a horrible character

Duel Destines is the only one rated M for that story alone, the rest are T.

I'm surprised the first DS game didn't also have an M rating for the last story.

Attached: Gant_smirking.png (248x340, 94K)

You've described a large number of AA cases.
Which are you referring to?

the most violent thing so far, didn't play any out of the DS entries, but never someone had anything more than a stab or a concussion.

>mfw you can't upload any image because my IP got range banned and it's fault of that steve poster
motherfucker disappeared just when I was range banned. fuck smash bros.

i thought you were bullshitting since dual destinies is the only AA game i never finished but i just looked it up on the wiki and it's actually true

what the fuck

Wasn’t there a Batman character like this

Why the fuck would you spoil yourself if you still haven't played DD?

Why did it get an M rating?
They didn't show any real gore.

Could be worse, I got inadvertently spoiled with Bright when someone said it would be awkward to replay the game.

I imagine the blatant references to BDSM in the third episode had something to do with it.

i doubt i'll ever get around to it anyway since i haven't touched my 3DS in like 2 years, maybe when it gets a switch port

That should still be a teen rating.
If they actually had her get naked only covered in ropes, you'd have a case.

The funny thing is, without the image, that statement could apply to most of the attorneys in AA games.

Somehow I avoided all the bright spoilers before playing the game even though I was super late in playing it.
What a ruse cruise that was.

I actually missed all the spoilers for spirit of justice minus the DLC case and that was probably even more crazy.

I think would have preferred being spoiled about Fulbright instead of what really happened to Jack Shipley in the DLC case.

That twist was so fucking sick. Its a shame they pulled out with the she was already dead shit

Attached: 1553572841653.jpg (476x345, 15K)

>tfw twin
I feel like I was immune to half of case 2's tricks.

She didn't have any good r34 until a few years when a doujin and the RevolverWing images started to pop up, those first couple of years without any material were hell

They had the opportunity to flesh her out and they decided to fuck apollo up instead. Spirit of justice and to a lesser degree DD were a mistake

Attached: 1501198123817.png (449x442, 151K)

But they were great.

I did see this gif before doing the case.
And thought the Retinez was another magician or he reverse engineered magic tricks and not Reus.

Still, ~My Perfect Alibi~ and the Allegro theme were a match made in heaven.

Attached: 1543310663277.gif (454x270, 465K)

There was a comedian i forget who said depressed people make for the best comedians

They are good but I liked 1 and 3 much more, the second SoJ case its pure kino though

Hey guys don't mind me just an innocent circus clown passing through.

Attached: 69809243-36a7-4678-884f-412036ad9c81.gif (240x208, 256K)

>comic relief character IS the villain's trump card

this one fucking hurt.

Attached: 26143195883113834.jpg (640x361, 128K)

Worst final boss. All his plots were based off dumb luck.

>Comedic relief character finds out how to kill the unstoppable main villain

Attached: 1462911636818.png (200x200, 80K)

I dunno...you look sorta suspicious...
I bet that you're withholding information from me

But Dual Destinies is rated T

With a fucking nail

You forgot
>For a long time she believed that she was the one who stabbed her mother

God ace attorney went to shit after the first Investigations game

AA went to shit BEFORE the first investigations game you idiot.

She was the daughter of a scientist/doctor lady with a special ability to hear emotions. When she was young she heard the emotions so loudly that she needed special headphones and extensive testing to live.

One day her mother is murdered by an unknown assalient (you learn who it is in the final chapter) When 11yo Athena sees her dead mother she ends up chopping up her corpse thinking of it as 'taking her apart to put her back together again' Though she did not kill her mother, she believes she did and a man named Blackquill takes the blame for it.

Athena then decides to change her entire life in order to become a lawyer and free Blackquill from the charge, passing the bar exam at just 18.

NAIL IT HA!

3DS emulation is easy now

>expected Blackquill to be some edgy emo prosecutor quoting Edgar Allen Poe or some shit
>He's actually a based samurai that was trying just trying to protect Athena from having her emotional powers go haywire

Blackquill is easily my second favorite prosecutor after Godot.

Attached: simon-athena-phoenix-wright.jpg (735x520, 87K)

do you need a good build for it?

I'd rank him third or fourth, below edgy, franzika, and maybe von karma. But he's still quite good

I can run 3DS games at like x4 or so native res on my 970. I'd say just grab Citra, a 3ds rom and see how it goes.

3dsiso.com/forumdisplay.php?122-Nintendo-3DS-ROMs-Downloads Is a decent play to find roms

gbatemp.net/threads/batch-cia-3ds-decryptor-a-simple-batch-file-to-decrypt-cia-3ds.512385/ decryptor tool if the rom you grab is encrypted

oh and citra citra-emu.org/download/

>Solves all the fucked up background
>Get a neat "notice me senpai" relationship with her rival
Case 6-4 was really good!

thanks. Canary build right?

only the original trilogy is good.

Either will work.

are the games after dual destinies worth it? havent played past that

And yet he was so "tanky" taking evidence after evidence and never getting cornered, when you finally hit him it's so fucking satisfying!

Just know that Spirit of Justice gets weird, really weird, even for an Ace Attorney game.

Attached: Ace Attorney Street Fighter.png (1423x854, 1.73M)

Girls with happy expressions and blood on their faces is such a turn on. Why?

Dual Destinies had a great twist and neat ideas but the game was stupid easier than all previous games
Spirit of Justice brings back a lot of nostalgia and closes really well this trilogy, really worth checking it

>Dual Destinies had a great twist and neat ideas but the game was stupid easier than all previous games
Finally the shame I feel for actually game overring on a stupidly easy VN series is aired out and justified in public.

You like crazy people.

Man, I really didn't understand what people saw in SoJ. It took me forever to get around to it since it started to get harder and harder to play AA after T&T, and it really wasn't worth it. Phoenix was dumber than usual, acted out of character in the last chapter, Dhurke not telling Apollo about him being dead before the trial, knowing his son would be risking his life over a dead man, the queen being a Saturday morning cartoon villain, and I can't remember what else, was just awful, and that's not even getting into the other cases. The only one that I actually liked was the magic act one, but like every case in the last few games, it overstayed its welcome by a few hours.

Yanderes are pure.

Attached: 1429377204530.png (838x1200, 498K)

I completely forgot how stone cold Gant was

What's the reasoning behind putting your blood in the food you make for another person? Is eating part of someone else a romantic thing?

Attached: 1ksLN1s.jpg (4013x2866, 3.01M)

Easily the best part was Rayfa getting shit because her tits were too small for tourists.

Attached: Rayfa bully.png (1422x854, 1.36M)

My only real issue was Phoenix being dumber than usual doing the exact same shit from 2-4, but the trial against him was so freaking good, as in I actually felt as if there was another playable character against me bluffing bullshit back. Everything else was the kind of stupid I love from the series and hell, Dhurke's death delivery hit hard

rayfa was easily the best part about soj. she's ultimate bully material

>If they eat my blood I become part of them

It's the same pleasure as coming inside another woman.

Honestly this. I only find myself continuing playing to see the funny animations of the characters. Not even the music is as good as the first 3 games.

retard.

at this moment i forgot i'm playing AA and i seriously thought she did it. this twist was executed pretty well
i've also played plvspw without playing any laytons before, so i didn't knew about layton ass pulls. when maya died and there was an hour or two of pure despair in every scene of the game, it got me pretty hard

i guess i'm easy to fool. anyway, athena and blackquill are great duo and cases with both of them were great

Attached: d22908891d50cd79a7edf09483e729d7.jpg (600x315, 32K)

Topics like these is why I start to think the original trilogy Is highly overrated.

good thing about original trilogy is that it's consistent. new games have lots of amazing themes, but between those you get stuff that negatively affects the overall delivery. you get amazing athena theme, then you get some shitty weak super spy bullshit. you get dhurke who does what he does just to see apollo one last time only for apollo to pretty much reject him, and then you get rest of spirit of justice. in, let's say, aa3, you have no bad stuff to see in the final conclusion of the story, it's just consistently great.

that being said, i enjoy all of the games. i've enjoyed 1-3, i've enjoyed apollo justice, i've enjoyed 3ds games, i've enjoyed investigations. great vidya, all of it.

Dhurke is a mary sue and one of the worst characters in the series.
I can't believe in this fanbase there are people who had issues with Godot's writing or even Franny's after this shit.
Hell Athena is more coherent despite the issues.

>mary sue
>dies
what did he mean by this?

Attached: mft.gif (256x192, 72K)

it was pretty much perfect martyrdom. he's not wrong, dhurke was kinda too good

i'd say AA3's biggest issue is shilling godot too hard.

he's a great character but it really trys to undersell how messed up his masterplan in 3-5 and misplaced revenge

I don't know why you posted her, she was also on his side over some of her oldest friends.

you can just emulate the android version if you want something more high res.

Attached: woods.png (2560x1440, 2.17M)

Yeah, but then you can't take upscaled stereoscopic captures to ogle at with your VR headset

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-07-10-00h56m01s868.png (1920x1080, 2.87M)

>stereoscopic

Attached: SIR.png (2560x1440, 3.95M)

I used to think my life was a tragedy. But now I realize, it's a comedy.

Attached: 1562686818382.jpg (500x500, 21K)

You can play SoJ to finish the second trilogy, though The Great Ace Attorney is top tier

Attached: The Great Ace Attorney.png (2560x1440, 1.22M)

Are you the last one to realize that?

lots of people cope with trauma and depression with comedy

Its not that fucked up. Maybe for AA standards.
I think it was the first time "gore" was ever involved in this series.
Even though its a game about solving crimes the most you see was a bit of blood due to gun shots or hit by weapons.

i don't think gore is the point of it. there could be no blood and it would still be fucked up

>top tier
not by itself it isn't with that blueballed ending.

I missed all of his inmate stories i think je only had 1 in soj

>That mindless, happy, crosseyed
Oh fuck not again

Attached: 1530810667497.jpg (406x371, 89K)

>Mary Sue
>Makes a really dumb thing and gets killed for it
>Loses one of his sons because he can't find time to talk to him

Gant was so much better especially with the one trap where if you present evidence to early, you get a game over

>Dhurke not telling Apollo about him being dead before the trial
The point of that was Dhurke wanted Apollo to mature and carve his own path after reconciling with the past. So it makes sense that He wouldn't tell Apollo he died because if he found out ahead of time, Apollo would ahve been stuck in the past even more

Because Godot's writing was full retard when you look at his plan. It's pretty clear that Dhurke didn't plan on Getting killed and had faith the system would correct itself over time. The reason he was so nonchalant in the final case after he was arrested was the fact he knew he couldn't actually be executed because he was already dead

>469830723
You are a joke because you post reddit memes

>i guess i'm easy to fool. anyway, athena and blackquill are great duo and cases with both of them were great
You and me must have been the only people who liked 6-4 then. It was great how Blackquill just did whatever he pleased and shat on everyone. Plus Having a skitzo was the perfect way to mess with Athena' mood matrix along with the fake out that you think the hidden personality was the killer when it was a little kid.

Thank god I thought I was crazy for being one of the few who liked 6-4

To be fair, it was only great because Blackquill carried it.

Yeah, just casually ignore he was completely willing to let Maya and his son throw themselves to their deaths because he refuses to share shit because you have daddy issues.
Or the everything that is Nayuta's existence, or somehow fucking no one knowing or questioning the truth behind Rayfa's birth aside from specifically the close relatives who all managed to conveniently conceal this from everyone despite an active revolution brewing for years.

>be godot
>come up with a plan to get your shortsighted tragic revenge
>it involves killing a mother
>to get revenge on a spirit who is no longer alive
>mother's daughter defends him

great character, but i honestly could've done with less "godot did nothing wrong" shilling in the main story. that is a pretty fucked up thing to do if you think about it, getting revenge on a dead person by killing a living person.

>Comedy relief character ends up becoming the best
youtube.com/watch?v=dGrIPF3RutE

i always thought rakugo case was overall liked around here

Have an ice day

>God ace attorney went to shit after the first Investigations game
>AA went to shit BEFORE the first investigations game

*ahem*

Attached: aai2.jpg (1061x955, 175K)

>mfw the cuffs break for the first time

Attached: fear.jpg (900x400, 52K)

Most overrated game in the series.

>Get to the part where Punished Kay comes in
>rom cashes and wipes my saves
Is it worth it to go back? I'm not looking forward to having to do all that shit again.

Download a complete save film and just begin from case 4 again.

I played it on an emulator on my phone for a bit but wanted to switch to my r4 card and it worked.

Fuck you investigations game are kino and edgeworth is infinitely more interesting than phoenix wright

Attached: The Yandere defeated.png (1280x5301, 3.42M)

you mean best game in the series

Attached: 1523543054745.png (514x383, 175K)

_ ____ __ ____ _____!