What went right?

What went right?

Attached: a link between worlds.jpg (1366x768, 355K)

I fucking hate the fact that you get a Hylian shield instead of a Loruleian version of it

They stuck with the original formula instead of going off tangent like BOTW

Hilda

Attached: Princess_Hilda_Artwork.jpg (1200x1200, 840K)

>still seething about BOTW
When will you cope?

Not much. The weapon shop killed difficulty and overall the game was pretty mediocre.

Switch port when?

BOTW was bad. deal with it

>it's another 20something kiddie who didn't play Zelda 1

>deal with game of the generation
I don't need to cope unlike you. Stay mad zoomer

BOTW is nothing like the first zelda

The ending was rushed. It was horrible

It wasn't actually.

It's a lot closer than Ocarina. And you're absolutely retarded if you continue to call LttP the original.

Stupid zoomer, OOT didn't invent this series.

it actually was

>caring about the story in BOTW

>where are muh 20 hour cutscenes like Skyward Sword

nothing about botw resembles zelda 1 you tard

Didn't do too much to twist around the formula, was just a lot of fun, and it was simple storywise and gameplay wise.
It should have gotten a true sequel.

Attached: 1560734148083.png (817x836, 885K)

>beat Ganon
>reunite with Zelda
>spirits pass on to the afterlife
It's the exact same end as OoT. Nice argument by the way.

It wasn't.

It's a piece of shit. Stop coping retard

>70% of the game is focused on overworld exploration
>only games in the series to do so are I, II, WW and BOTW
Yeah lol okay retard

Attached: 829954.jpg (960x720, 122K)

>for the last battle we'll just have a big ganon and link will shoot arrows at it

Remember how the game went nuclear when it actually did have dark world after Yuga fucked everything up

I have a feeling the Link Between Worlds remake is going to have something similar.
I don’t know, Nintendo just showing the end of the game in the E3 game bothered me, walking up to the egg with a full heart container

Yeah. Like every game you shitposting nigger.

>between worlds remake

Sorry I went full retard, I meant Links Awakening remake

>Even threads about other Zelda games are about fucking BotW
The only reason I stomach this place is the art that is posted here.

You spent $60 on a piece of shit

Imagine getting this upset over video games?

Too many rooms are intersecting hallways over gaping chasms. Structure-wise it has the right idea. Decent game. Better than Oracles.

No it isn't. Zelda 1 follows linear progression with room for sequence variety just like ALttP or OoT. People who think it was "go anywhere, do stuff when you feel like" are the youngsters who didn't play it.

>shop
>blocks that tell you what item you should be using
>bad artstyle
Not much

I spent 60$ on BOTW. A good game. Cope zoom zoom

Imagine samefagging a thread to death because you're butthurt that a great game gets appropriate praise.

fascinating structural formula changeup to let you make your own path, but the dungeons and world suffered in linked (so to speak) complexity as a result

That's just one phase of the fight and still better than most Zelda games which is sad.

And BotW guides you where to go in the same way. And just like Zelda 1 you can go off track and play in a different order.

>go anywhere, do stuff when you feel like
That's exactly how everyone I know played it. You were just a faggot that used a strategy guide like a bible.

No one thinks this game is good except for you retards who think its a gift from god.

>bokoblins do more damage than ganon

What are you talking about. There are literally "Level [x]" markers in your HUD for what order the levels are in and many require the item from a previous one. Going in a fully permutable sequence is impossible, unlike BotW. The Youtubers you watched play and describe this game for you don't count as people you know.

Only mainline Zelda to run natively at 60 FPS.
Combined with full analog movement makes the game smooth as fuck.
Great soundtrack.
The item upgrades are cool (though their usefulness varies wildly).
Went back to the conventional Zelda style (outside of a few changes like the item shop). It proves that LttP's formula is incredibly solid when you go back to basics and don't shove your game full of retarded bullshit.
Wall merging added another dimension to traversal.

The big problems are that it's too easy and relies way too heavily on LttP iconography. A sequel with a unique setting would be perfect. Fuck the LA remake for going backwards.

>People who think it was "go anywhere, do stuff when you feel like"
That's true though, the first three dungeons in the game can be completed in any order. Only some of them required you to have items from previous levels to beat them.

They don't zoom zoom

Darkbeast Ganon is easily the worst final boss in the franchise, to the point where it's arguably not even a boss. Calamity Ganon isn't the worst thing ever but still not great and is less challenging/complex than the fucking lynels.

The egg on the mountain was the main menu screen in the original game. It's not a secret and it is probably the most distinguished image that represents LA, so of course they're going to incorporate that into the remake trailer. This seems like incredibly flimsy evidence on which to pin your hopes for surprise new content.

And still better than most Zelda bosses. Point?

The only place I've seen BotW hated so much is on Yea Forums because consolewarring falseflag newfaggots like you. If you were here five years ago you would know that Yea Forums hated the linearity of modern Zelda and was begging for a return to open world. Then underage cunts who considered the N64 to be retro were mad that their favorite game was no longer the number 1 Zelda ever made.

>but the dungeons and world suffered in linked (so to speak) complexity as a result
Yes because Zelda dungeons are the defintion of complex. Oh wait they aren't.

I'm talking about exploration kid. I could cross from one side of Hyrule to the other with the only roadblocks being harder enemies and the occasional use of the raft. Kindly kill yourself zoomer.

It's not. I have no idea why this of all things is a point of contention. Even people who love BotW agree that Darkbeast Ganon was a huge disappointment. I have to believe you're just b8ing so I'll stop giving out free (You)s.

Which is in line with how OoT lets you do Fire first as an adult, or Water immediately after Forest, Spirit/Shadow being interchangeable, and mini dungeons being able to finish as soon as you access them. It's a controlled progression with room to budge. Compare that with BotW where it's completely open and you literally CAN do anything, whenever. That has less in common.

It was honestly fun. I went in expecting nothing special but came out feeling good I finished it. Even the whole renting items wasn't as off putting as I figured it'd be.

And the dungeons were good.

you can lie all you want

Zelda 1's content is about the dungeons, you retarded zoomer. Overworld exploration is literally just for finding dungeons.
>muh shrines
Shrines contribute nothing significant to BOTW unlike actual dungeons. Neck yourself.

You're the one who started baiting and now you accuse other people of it? Play some tennis and fuck off back.

>my reply to your point was about something other than your point
Sorry I didn't know you were challenged, remember to look both ways on the street and don't talk to strangers

they actually do. sorry. maybe you should play the game

It was. Then again toddlers love "use x item to win"

Boo hoo. You can stop posting if you're going to do nothing but spout bot one lines with no argument.

>People who think it was "go anywhere, do stuff when you feel like" are the youngsters who didn't play it.

Except that's literally true. You're not guided anywhere by the story and have to discover everything on your own, just like BotW. It doesn't matter if the dungeons were completely non-linear or not.

You have to be on an all-new level of willfully obtuse retardation not to see the blatant inspiration BotW took from the first game.

>No one thinks this game is good except for you retards
user pls, the game was met universal acclaim and sold like hotcakes. Maybe you didn't like it, but don't go making statements that are so far from reality like as if we can't remember what happened.

technically every game is blatantly inspired by the first game and every single game lets you explore even when the dungeons have a set order so you're not really making any groundbreaking points here.

No they aren't you retard. First the dungeons aren't like nu-Zelda with these toddler-tier puzzles and the dungeons themselves are fucking short as fuck gauntlets

>Zelda 1's content is about the dungeons, you retarded zoomer

Absolutely false. The average Zelda 1 playthrough for people new to the game consists of overworld exploration more than dungeons. The dungeons themselves are quick combat gauntlets with a boss at the end and are absolutely nothing special.

Way to out yourself as a zoomer.

They don't. Nice try

Technically, no, not every game does that. Several Zelda titles (if not most at this point) railroad you to fucking death.

"Inspiration" can mean literally anything. The actual execution is what matters. Not him btw.

>The average Zelda 1 playthrough for people new to the game consists of overworld exploration more than dungeons
Only because people spend a lot of time being lost. It's not because the overworld is large, it's actually quite condensed. The entire goal of the game is finding and conquering the 9 dungeons, there is virtually no side content outside of some optional heart containers. It's not like BotW where there's more side content than main quest content. The two games have incredibly different design philosophies.
>The dungeons themselves are quick combat gauntlets with a boss at the end and are absolutely nothing special
...except they're the primary challenge of the game. Said combat gauntlets are your main obstacle to completing the game. You could also arguably call the entire game "quick", the dungeons are no shorter than anything else you're dealing with in LoZ. Never call anyone a zoomer ever again faggot.

Not that dude, but the combat and dungeons in Zelda 1 blew away nearly every other game on the NES unless we're talking strictly sidescrolling. Considering several dungeons are rather maze-like and within second quest you get fake walls along with bombable ones, I don't think they envisioned dungeons to just be "combat gauntlets" so much as proper puzzles just hadn't been realized yet.

The wall merging was will integrated

>except they're the primary challenge of the game.
Finding where the fuck you go is the primary challenge of the game.

>i shill for free

>Only because people spend a lot of time being lost.

Quit goalpost-moving. The point is that most players spend the majority of their time navigating the overworld, which is a lot bigger than the 5 minute dungeons that only involve a few isolated combat chambers and a bigger fight at the end. The goal of the game is exploration, which Miyamoto himself emphasized on multiple occasions.

Calling LoZ's dungeons the "primary obstacle" when there's an entire fucking overworld map outside of them is the most zoomercore opinion a dumb faggot like yourself could possibly have and perfectly illustrates why you didn't grow up with the game.

>Said combat gauntlets are your main obstacle to completing the game.
Most of LoZ's puzzles and navigation obstacles aren't even in the dungeons, you absolute retard.

care to explain? even if there's no worthwhile content outside of the railroad, it still counts as exploring.
It certainly counted in BOTW so why shouldn't it in other games lol

It counts in BotW because BotW has worthwhile content outside of the main story. It doesn't count in most of the older titles because there's very little content outside of the main story.

Besides the few added 'open world' mechanics (crafting, cooking, environment intereaction) BOTW actually was Zelda formula to a T, but then again you wouldn't know that, seeing that you never played the n64 3d Zelda titles, let alone windwaker, you larping, contrarian 'for the sake of it' zoomer

Attached: Og+zoomer_90f11e_6810484.jpg (900x900, 225K)

No they didn't. If anything ALBW has more in common with BOTW than anything else in the series barring maybe the first game.

>instead of going off tangent like BOTW
Totally not a shitpost

Attached: Ravio's_Shop.png (400x240, 238K)

The dungeon design was great, a lot of them focused on somehow changing the nature of the dungeon itself (like moving different platforms around in the Ice Ruins). Most dungeons in other Zelda games have rooms where each room is a small puzzle by itself (kill a certain enemy, hit a certain switch, grab your key and move on), but a lot of the rooms in ALBW you had to come back to multiple times, with something changed each time.
The exploration is great too. The world is big enough that it's fun to explore and find secrets but not so big that combing the whole map to try and 100% it is a chore. The map is dense so you never have to look too far for a secret to discover, but the heart pieces and baby Maiamai aren't so numerous that they become worthless.
Finally, it has a good sense of progression. All Zelda games let you go explore and go looking for heart pieces/containers when you want to, but ALBW let you progress with your items, where you started off renting them, then buying them, then having Mother Maiamai upgrade them. BotW is the only other Zelda game that lets you upgrade your items (excluding the big bomb bag and quiver), and it doesn't do a very good job of it because your weapons break so often. Besides the items, you get two new sets of mail, each halving your damage, and get to upgrade the Master Sword twice.
A lot of the game (freeing a Sage after each dungeon and needing to free all the Sages, using a dungeon's special item to fight the boss) was classic Zelda, but this game mixed it up and introduced new mechanics without ruining what makes Zelda great.

>hope to lurk nice Link Between Worlds thread to see what anons think of it
>immediately gets derailed by botw shit flinging

Attached: 234252562727.jpg (2048x1536, 320K)

Welcome to the post-BotW world. It will never end until the entire world "admits" the game wasn't good.

>topic about ALBW
>devolves into arguing about BotW

Yawn.

ALBW was a completely safe game, that followed the ALttP formula, and even reused the map. Good game, but thank god BotW finally broke away from a tired formula.

>We fianlly get a Between worlds thread
>Instantly derails into incoherent botw shitposting
I was recently replaying Alttp and I miss the smooth movement, overall I'd say alttp its a much better game though, Between worlds its very refined but also too easy to my liking
Getting those snail things was cool as fuck though

Attached: 1530810731581.jpg (577x441, 98K)

That only applies to here.

Same problem Four Swords adventure had. Ganon is just a big damage sponge and needs to be much faster to give the players a threat. Link moves fucking slow in ALTTP which is probably the only reason the final boss of that game is so infamously hard.

Play on Hero mode

How much does hero mode change the game? I beat it maybe a year ago and thought it was fun but didn't have much of an impact. The dungeons are way too simple because the devs couldn't assume you'd have certain gear with you

Honestly part of me prefers ALBW over it.
It's just such a simple and short game, I could play it multiple times without getting tired. I'm replaying ALTTP right now and even though it doesn't feel near as good, I honestly think it's starting to grow on me compared to my first playthrough, but that's basically how most of my experiences with Zelda games tend to be.

Attached: ALBW_Link.png (560x599, 307K)

ALBW is a bit more fun but ALttP is more tightly designed IMO.

It's like a remake of the best Zelda game but still different and unique, the wall merging mechanic is nice and fresh, the Master Sword is and isn't the best sword of the game at same time, two worlds to explore again, mirror!Zelda is one of the two main villains and classic Ganon is there.
It's just fucking great

Attached: ALBW_Ganon_Model.png (917x556, 198K)

“Look at me, I love art” *snort* “I appreciate simple drawings more than you” *drool*

Playing through it now I agree, but both are probably my favorite 2D Zelda games that I've played either way, and I'm definitely more of a 3D Zelda fan.

Here you go.

Actually for the last battle you fight the Phantom Ganons if you didn't before, then you fell to a chamber hidden under the castle, fight a combination of the body Ganon has been trying to form and guardian pieces and then you get teleported to Hyrule field to shot arrows at the giant dark beast Ganon

Enemies do quadruple damage. It makes the beginning of the game really hard and the beginning of Lorule kind of hard, the rest of the game you should be able to get enough hearts that it doesn't make a difference

>Didn't do too much to twist around the formula

Being this retarded.

I mean there was the item rental system which took away finding items in dungeons and made more of the overworld open, the mostly nonlinear structure for dungeon progression, the wall merging that led to an extra dimension for puzzle solving, and that's really all that comes to mind. Everything else is pretty standard for a Zelda game

everything.

Attached: 0fa93b6e511f44f4cf5636da42c1a44b.png (884x891, 722K)

Okay but was Ganon killed at the end of the game or not? It looked like he was killed but you aren't supposed to being able to kill the holder of the Triforce of Power unless you have silver arrows. And if it wasn't killed then what happened to him? Was automatically sealed by the seven sages' magic again?

Hilda's voice made me diamonds.

Non linear, more freedom, zelda game in decades. No use of touchscreen (nothing bad with it but it didn't worked for a game like these).

>They stuck with the original formula instead of going off tangent like BOTW
Nice contradiction faggot.

It was a bit too zoomed in and the dungeons fell a bit short as well, but overall it was enjoyable. Honestly considering the DS games, it was a breath of fresh air.