Grrreeat. Another One Piece game that wont have an English Dub. I guess the 2008 Wii game will forever be the last one

Grrreeat. Another One Piece game that wont have an English Dub. I guess the 2008 Wii game will forever be the last one.

Attached: buy carrot's game.jpg (1068x1464, 497K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nt3RYs9e8nw
youtube.com/watch?v=ser6i1UbOVo
youtube.com/watch?v=TNfKn2bsfsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jBBkTBAfLxw
youtube.com/watch?v=RSe8D2wfGKI
youtube.com/watch?v=sm-uowyd6h8
youtube.com/watch?v=93nIv2hOqtI
myhentaicomics.com/index.php/Carrot-x-Nami
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably a bait thread but why isn't OP more popular in the west? Isn't it the best selling manga of all time or something in Japan? But here it's not even worth dubbing the games. Isn't that strange?

Is that a diaper?

To be fair, most anime games don't get dubs anymore besides Naruto and DBZ.

>it's real
youtube.com/watch?v=Nt3RYs9e8nw
Yes! I agree with you though OP. What does Bamco have against the Funi dub?

As far as I know One Piece is somewhat popular in the usual European countries and they've gotten games as far back as PS1, but America's experience with OP was the awful 4kids edition (which latin america got later too), so it never reached the impact that other of the super popular anime like Dragon Ball or Naruto reached.

Ah, good point. I guess nobody realized how based Brooklyn Sanji was until it was too late.

OP kinda has a weaker opening than something like Naruto, so I imagine all the ADD kids couldn't sit through it for too long.

Attached: one piece older.jpg (985x1024, 104K)

That's a tail, dicknuts

Okay, folks. Post your dream additions. As of right now, everything up to WCI is fair game.
>Don Krieg
>Mr. 2 Bon Clay
>Mr. 3
>Mr. 1
>Bellamy
>Kaku
>Kidd
>Hawkins
>Bege
>Bartolomeo
>Katakuri

Don't particularly care about modern One Piece but if Carrot is playable I think I'll give it a shot.

Attached: 2534161943f488451615300fea6c7d30.png (1200x1031, 882K)

People who buy One Piece games don't give a shit about dubs, but people who buy Dragonball games generally do want the dub voices. It's not worth the money to dub a One Piece game, maybe if the english dub had ever gone mainstream then yeah, but 4kids fucked that from ever happening.

I thought the beginning of One Piece was great
The panel where Luffy stabbed himself in the face pretty much sold me on the entire series

One Piece is aimed at Japanese teenagers. American teenagers are too indoctrinated in brown people culture to give One Piece a chance because it's so childishly goofy. I wouldn't give any anime/manga a chance when I was 13, and I had cyber sex in chat rooms.

All one piece dubs are trash and the majority of the fans prefer the sub, so no reason to spend a bunch of extra money dubbing a product to make it worse

He's gonna get nerfed, right?

Attached: denjiro.jpg (474x241, 20K)

I want to pet that rabbit.

>full moon
I've seen where this goes with Leomon.

The next Pirate Warriors game after this will be in Wano and will be awesome as fuck

>Isn't it the best selling manga of all time or something in Japan

best selling of all time by the order of 150m+ at least
will be one of the best selling pieces of literature period once it's done

youtube.com/watch?v=ser6i1UbOVo
youtube.com/watch?v=TNfKn2bsfsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jBBkTBAfLxw

What the hell, is that actually her in game model? She looks fugly as hell.

Almost everyone I grew up with hated the character designs. Teenagers loved chuunibyou shit with pretty boys like Bleach.

4kids killed it in america. When they tried to get back they were 200 or 300 episodes behind the japanese release

In europe only a couple of countries care about anime, or even air. My country stopped airing at Sky Piea, after dubbing some specials like the Going Merry and Nami's about 2 or 3 years ago.

Better than the 4kids dub but still pretty bad compared to the original Japanese dub

Blame 4kids

Oh yeah, that was a common factor too, a lot of people dismissed the artstyle for being childish, too cartoony, and overall too different compared to other contemporary popular series.

youtube.com/watch?v=RSe8D2wfGKI

Didn't both the English and Japanese voice actors for Sengoku die around the same time?

Enel got to stay stupid, no reason to nerf Fujitora.

4kids dropped absolute fire with this one.
The only thing that comes close is Grand Tour.

Combination of it's art style at the time, the 4kids dub, and like another user mentioned, it starts slow.
Luckily when I was younger, I completely missed the 4kids dub and I just read the manga as Viz released the volumes.

Honestly what surprises me more is that Yu-Gi-Oh was also incredibly censored but did so fucking well in the states that 4kids funded an extra arc. After reading both and being somewhat familiar with the 4kids dubs out of curiosity, Yu-Gi-Oh got fucked with just as much as One Piece, but people liked it!

One Piece's Funi dub is no worse than the Funi DBZ dub especially since a lot of the actors are the same but everyone talks shit about it while the Funi DB dubs are praised.
>inb4 muh granny Goku
I understand not liking Nozawa but actually thinking Funi's dubs are trash except when it's DB is delusion.

Who gives a shit, dubs are awful more often than not and just waste time and budget.

>were-futa
Post more damn it, this fetish is rare.

The vast majority of Funi dubs are pretty good. As of late, I'm kind of mad at them for obvious reasons though.

I prefer the Japanese dub but I think the Funi dub isn't as bad as people say. I just wish Funi in general would cycle through more voice actors, hearing the DB crew again and again does get tiring. My only gripe with the Funi dub so far is that it definitely feels like Sabat is phoning in his Zoro lines. Maybe it gets worse later, I'm not at the timeskip yet but I heard the dub does get a lot worse with the Fishman Isle arc.

>no zehahaha

Fucking ruined.

Do any dubbed characters have their unique laughs in the show?

youtube.com/watch?v=sm-uowyd6h8

Explain.

Brook's dub voice carries the it

I think a story that starts off showcasing ninjas and ninjutsus that involve lightning hands and spitting out fireballs is by far going to have a better appeal to younger (western) audiences than something about adventure and fairly simplistic/real combat styles (punching, shooting, swordsmanship, etc.). Remember that one of the first things we see in Naruto is a monologue about Kyuubi and we lead into this bratty kid that's easy to feel represents the viewer versus a giant eel and floating in a barrel. Luffy is even in his late teens compared to Naruto being 14 at the start of the series.

Attached: synopsis.png (165x887, 161K)

Ah yes, now I remember. I love this one.

How far is the dub now? I stopped after Marineford because they'd entered a long pause.

The very beginning of Punk Hazard
youtube.com/watch?v=93nIv2hOqtI

>no disgusting english dub
Good, more money to stuff that actually matters

God damn that’s bad. The dub on the whole seems tolerable but Blackbeard and Ace have incredible Japanese performances. This dub makes Ace sound like generic tough guy and Blackbeard sounds like a grunt in shitty mob movies

Will Sony cover up Nami's tiddies?

i just bought PW3 on steam. is it any good?

For what it is, absolutely.

>on steam
Yes it's great, but for what I've read in these threads the PC version was based on the Vita one for some reason so you need to mod it to make it look better.

myhentaicomics.com/index.php/Carrot-x-Nami

4kids turned One Piece into a joke even though it's far better than shit like Naruto and Bleach in terms of story and characters. I also blame the anime being horribly paced and nowhere near the quality of the manga so everyone is too afraid to go near it because of its length. It took me several months to catch up with the anime while it only takes me like 3 weeks to catch up in the manga. I see people shit on it now than ever because the anime completely fucked up everyone's proportions after time skip. Shame that everyone thinks reading manga is hard when it's the easiest thing ever because of smart phones.

personally i dont really like reading one piece's manga due to oda's draw style, its too busy