Turn off the steam to clear the way

>Turn off the steam to clear the way

this is the most retarded thing in videogames, just run really fast through it or something. Cover yourself in a shirt and just dive even

Attached: leak-pipe1.jpg (1024x768, 196K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/TyaPNA8.gifv
youtube.com/watch?v=zWkcuR0adeI
thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=1485.0
youtube.com/watch?v=AEtbFm_CjE0
youtube.com/watch?v=qkTmE6zyW9Y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhabdomyolysis
abc.net.au/news/2018-10-10/dreamworld-inquest-paramedics-describe-ride-chaos/10358726
youtube.com/watch?v=VyaxDWLe6A4
youtube.com/watch?v=4DILjd69C0o
youtube.com/watch?v=32Hp1LW08Yc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No

>not just waiting until the water tank to empty

Patience is a virtue

>Dude just run head first through this scalding hot water lol what's the worst that could happen?
>Dude it's just third degree burns lol walk it off

Granted, not just using something to block it is dumb, but "Run through it" is even more retarded.

> game has steam blocking your path like pic related
> you can just run through it in NG+

high pressure steam can literally light stuff on fire. you can't just walk through it

Steam can and will fuck you up in a split second. It's worse than boiling water.

based retard

>Cover yourself
Yes.
>in a shirt
NO.
>just run really fast through it
NO.

Sometimes i think i could kill 90% of this board just putting you all trough mildly dangerous situations that have pretty safe solution if you just think about it for more than 5 seconds.
Most of you would die doing absolutely stupid shit because you've never left your room once in the last 20 years.
How the fuck am i supposed to take anyone here seriously when you say dumb shit like this on a daily basis.

Attached: 1309900069401.jpg (442x341, 28K)

>bitching about basic gameplay tricks to pace the player
I bet you also complain that your food comes on a plate.

I got a second degree burn on my hand as a kid from the steam leaving a kettle by touching it for a brief moment.

No. You don't just run through pressurized steam exploding from a pipe, retard.

There's 3 things you never fuck around with
>electrecity
>pressure
>heat

Go out and test your theory OP and then tell us how it went

And Women

>he fell for it

The steam coming off your kraft mac and cheese is not the same as the steam coming out of that pipe, youre basically saying the amount of heat coming off a match stick is comparable to the heat being produced by a blow torch.

>thing you will never fuck with
you forgot number 4:women

Attached: 1557476187366.webm (400x490, 1.75M)

Yeah, just fuck men

>thin wall of fire blocks the way
just dump a bottle of water on yourself and dive through, it's not like stuff is instantly cooked by being in the fire for such a short time

this

What is this steam even coming from? What is happening for reals when the steam is leaking? Is something losing power somewhere? Why do pipes have steam in them? No one is boiling water or anything.

After seeing this thread, I want to get a really long pair of tongs and stick a steak in a stream of pressurized steam.
See if the steak is seared, burnt, or completely disintegrated.

>woooooooooww dude haven't you worked in an industrial plant? /boilermakers/ ww@?

>all the newfags took the bait

It is actually safer to run through a fire than it is to do that with steam, especially pressurized steam.

>Turn off the lava to clear the way

this is the most retarded thing in videogames, just run really fast through it or something. Cover yourself in a shirt and just dive even

Resident Evil?

based and steampilled

I say you do that but make everyone in the world do it. It will be a nice place once the gauntlet's over with.

Couldn't even look his son in the eyes.

>lava is the same as steam
retard air isn't as hot as lava

I remember a lot of people getting stumped at one puzzle in BotW where you had to carry an ice cube through a bunch of obstacles. One of them was a wall of fire, and you could actually just launch the ice cube through it. Physical reality was less intuitive to people than the video game logic that fire instantly melts ice.

>cheap video game design is to video games as plates are to food
The only thing that makes those similar is the fact that they come together. Just because a cheap video game design trick is in a video game dosent mean it SHOULD be there. Plates undeniably enhance the experience of eating food, cheap game design dosent enhance the experience of video games. Are you actually retarded?

>lower the water level to pass
half the time the way forward is only a short dive away. Why do i need to lower the water level or wear the Boots of Not Swimming to pass?

>not abusing i-frames to damage boost through the steam

Attached: 1537338387742.gif (437x415, 271K)

You need to work on an industrial plant for years in order not to understand the basis of boiling hot steam out of a pipe = your face melts off?

Attached: 1427043458701.jpg (800x764, 75K)

>I've got you now, you stupid person! It'll work with steam but not lava!
>Idiot!

Pressurised steam is how electricity is made user.
They boil water, pressurise the steam and then pass it through a turbine to generate the electricity.
If the steam pipe next a power station was to burst next to you you’d probably die instantly.

No Batman Arkham City

>do something completely unrelated to remove some fatass from your path

I work with high pressure steam every day usually operating around 570 degrees at 750psi
that shit will boil and strip the flesh off your bones in a fucking instant

If you're abusing i-frames, then you're i-framing TROUGH the fucking steam, and thus you aren't damage boosting.

Damage boosting using your i-frames on the steam would be, essentially, stabbing yourself in the hand as you run towards the steam, the using your freshly damage immunity animation to i-frame trough the steam.

Attached: 1313015686663.png (300x300, 140K)

Can you use it to cook meat, in theory?
Would a person dying to steam all over their body become instantly cooked, and edible?

Attached: 3466346.jpg (550x532, 15K)

what kind of bullshit is it when batmans cool fucking suit can't handle some steam, like couldn't he just cover his face with his cape and be fine?

>he doesn't know that you still receive knockback during your i-frames
just dash into the steam so that the back of your hitbox touches it and you get propelled forward

>the ruins have a magical sunlight puzzle with mirrors

How do you know this though? Experience? Wouldn’t a fantasy character be significantly stronger than a human?

are you asking because of a sex thing

no, the sugars would caramelize and convert to carbon. Cooking = carbon conversion

i-frames and damage boosting are separate concepts
It would be more like stabbing yourself in the ass, causing a cartoony leap forward through the steam accompanied by wile e coyote yelling, fast enough that you leave a you shaped hole in the steam cloud and come out fine on the other side

>turn off the Steam to clear the way
>close my Steam application
>game closes
YO WTF

Attached: AVN.jpg (800x450, 41K)

The steam is 1 hit kill.
The knife isn't.
If you're saying all hits cause knockback, then you must turn your back to the steam, stab your hand, and then i-frame trough using your propelled backwards animation.
Or, sliding under it, more simply.

I don't think his cape can hold and he would be ruining it

they have giant steam cookers in most large kitchens

>can you use steam to cook foods
user please

Ur legit retarded bro. I hope you run through steam someday.

>he would be ruining it
Fucking penny pinching autistic furry
Goddamn it Batman, it's just a cape

Steam is literally instant death. Ever read stories on boiler/steam line ruptures? Shit is horrifying. A pipe pops, some steam hits you. You get blasted, and sure, you walk it off. Maybe even come out and try and help others who got minor burns because they were near an exit.

But you're already dead. You're literally what they call "walking dead" because you're minutes from just instantly dropping. Completely coherent to dead in moments because the steam has already boiled you alive inside and the damage is just coursing through you. There's no saving you anymore.

just crawl under the steam, how the fuck is this hard

isn't it bulletproof and flame resistant in one of the games? he literally gets rattled with bullets and his cape doesn't get holes in it i think it could hold up against the steam

How does a turbine generate electricity anyways? How highly pressured can steam be? Does it make a difference in turbine speed? Never knew this is how it works.

So that person would just become smoldering, charred?
Their meat would essentially be inedible, like someone that has been trough a fire for so long that they're completely pitch black and crispy?
I obviously know about steam cooking.
I'm specifically asking because i want to know what happens to meat when it's exposed to that level of steam temperature, wich isn't the same temperature you'd use in the kitchen with more conventional methods.

i.imgur.com/TyaPNA8.gifv
electricity, not even once

Attached: pikachu charger 2.jpg (600x500, 30K)

user... it's not fucking steam. It's extremely hot water blasting out.

If I had the power to do so, I would just put Yea Forumsanons randomly into situations modeled after common video game obstacles, having shittons of fun seeing how retards get fucked by their inability to figure out even the simplest of threats and solutions to them. At least OP would become steamed anons instead of getting through the test.

Daughter*

Steam always wins, baby

Attached: 1503480785350.jpg (252x240, 10K)

>not just putting them into the cube but with some steam pipes in all the rooms

what?

In oil refineries they pipe steam around the plant to either generate electricity or through exchangers with product to heat it up.

>At least OP would become steamed user
All we need is a chef and we'll have a feast

>player just stands and waits for this
>it actually happens
>achievement unlocked: patience is a virtue
cool if someone discovers it by accident and also a big, fat dick in the face of chievo hunters, showing them just how much they're wasting their time when you give them a reward for doing nothing.

What the hell was that retard trying to do?

Enjoy getting your limbs chopped off.

His suit is bulletproof i think but the cape don't have any upgrade in Arkham City

but it can be, and you don't know that if it's a random ass pipe

>eating meat as fatty as OP
can't do it man

Ikr, thank God I don't do this shit at the construction site

I don't know user, how do you know you can't breathe underwater?

wash his scooter

People technically are already edible.

in red steel on the wii you could shoot steam pipes to kill enemies and then you would have to wait for them to stop spewing steam, pretty sure stuff like soldier of fortune and uncharted do this as well.

You can fucking WHAT?

looks like he was trying to wash something but the wiring on his pressure washer is fucked so when he grabbed the wand he took 110v

fun fact: electric current causes your muscles to contract, so once he grabbed on, he couldn't let go

*Undefined

220V*

So when are you going to demand an end to boss fights? Boss fights are just another cheap trick to give the player a challenge, right?

forgot pic

Attached: steam_img01.gif (285x250, 6K)

>directly into his dick
honestly though, why would you ever use a power tool or even a non-powered tool in china of all places.

AC is worse than DC in this regard apparently

Go and be the rl jigsaw that you were meant to be user.

Public school systems suck, we should scrap all liberal art shit and teach STEM so that i don't have to encounter this guy online.

Did he died

Someone has to make your food when you're doing work user

I dropped Lord's of shadow 2 for this reason. Got stuck in a hallway with steam, couldn't go up or under it. Looked around, saw a valve to shut the steam off like right there, couldnt interact with it at all.
If dracul, the Slayer of the devil, the dragon, immortal Lord of night, can't figure out how to get around steam and I can, you have a big fucking problem

At least he's honest enough to admit he's retarded, which is better than 50% of this board

Fuckin do it

Fool, he makes his own food.
Tendies are easy to cook, after all.

Attached: 1320126275481.jpg (330x379, 37K)

It's time for your daily accident-prevention videos user!
youtube.com/watch?v=zWkcuR0adeI

Awww look hes making arguments for himself

You should've dropped that game for being utter shit way before that.

Boiling water is 100 degrees. Steam can be much hotter than that. The steam we use to clean the tanks at the chemical plant i work at would boil you alive in milliseconds

Cleanse the world, user

>Boiling water is 100 degrees
third worlder detected

Give him a break, Romanian education a few hundred years ago wasn't exactly the best. Dracula wasn't exactly the most imaginative person either; he just impales people and that's just it.
Show him google though and he'll get back up to speed.

Can't you just climb over the pipes? I don't know what game this is but it looks like you can climb over the pipes.

but a third worlder would use fahrenheit.

exactly

I worked on steam ships a couple times and learned about running the steam engine. It burns fuel oil to heat water and turn it into super heated steam, pressurized steam that's around 540 degrees fahrenheit. The pressure is immense.

Like it was pointed out by another poster, the picture posted is water. Assuming a big burst like that happened you wouldn't want to be anywhere near it, you'd get 3rd degree burns instantly.

realistically you are more likely to get a small crack in the pipe first, the steam shoots out at very high pressure and very narrow. You cannot even see it and if you were to walk through it you will practically be cut in half. fortunately there are gauges everywhere so they would know if the pressure were leaking somewhere and take care of it before going to fix it.

based skinless user

>skinless
Actually meatless.
The meat will fall off your bones.

>that story about some guy using brooms to look for tiny, invisible leaks in pipes which slice off the shaft on contact

>checks for flammable gas with a fucking welding tool

Attached: LaughingCunts01.jpg (654x534, 116K)

I could never tell if that was real or not

t. Submariner

How many anons on /ck/ went to heaven because they fucked around with their pressure cooker?

>tfw underwater welder
>tfw fuck around with all 3 of these
Anyways, electricity isn't all that dangerous when it's short length arcs.
When the arc becomes longer its harder to control and jumps to anything it can conduct too, mostly metal or water.
This gets dangerous cause people tend to get scared and pull the arc away then it jumps and fucking fries them.
Same shit happens when high voltage wires break, the arc jumps and fries shit like transformers, other wires, and trees.

I don't give a fuck faggot.
I said skinless, SKINLESS mother fucker

Attached: 1543340858361.jpg (1600x1584, 191K)

fuck off steam pipe, don't you have a scientist to roadblock?

Pressure cooker? What is this, the big leagues? I've burned myself on my Aroma rice cooker.

This thread reminds me of walk-in autoclave accidents.

thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=1485.0

I can see 3rd degree burns, but how? Unless you actually leave it on for so long it becomes a weapon.

Is it true that you get shocked everytime you begin welding when working underwater?

So his meat falls off but his skin still stays on?
Yeah okay, retard.

>She apparently was only in there for seconds before someone hit the door release which is the kill switch after they heard her screaming. She unfortunately only lived through the night.

I don't use that board but expected some dying this way.

But then just use a health potion....

Just name yourself Tim Sweeney

And guess what?

IT'S A TUESDAY

All your health potions evaporated and most of your flesh also evaporated. You must now consume random civilians to get your health back

Someone tried that once, didn't work out.

Attached: 1561954778992.webm (400x230, 1.49M)

What the fuck happened? Metalworling accident?

If you're in a manufacturing setting, there might not even be a water tank. Just city water that gets sent in and goes through a heat exchanger.

Does rolling on the groun have any effect against the fire? My logic dictates that that would only make the fire worse.

MAGICIANS RED

>learn stop drop and roll in school
>expect to grow up with constant danger of exploding into flames

Real life is disappointing

Make a bigger hole. Eventually it won't have any pressure and the steam will just float out of the pipes.

>he hasnt reached the lava world yet

>FLAME ON
jesus

>steam is hotter than water
I see we have a science expert in the thread.

>Constant d.a.r.e shit

Nobody in my life has ever just walked up and tried to pressure me into taking free pcp

This is super common, not just in electricity plants but plants in general. Like if you were in a pharmaceutical plant or some factory where you were cleaning clothes or medical instruments on a large scale. The steam gets fed into reactor jackets or dryer jackets to heat the contents up to perform a reaction or to simply clean it with some hot solvent (usually water).

You don't even need to run through it just put your hand in the way like you are blocking your eyes from the sun and walk past it.

Attached: retard.jpg (921x640, 100K)

An unfortunate shmelting accident...

Attached: goldmember.jpg (295x267, 36K)

Must be a perk at higher levels where they just give you expensive stuff for free

A lot of the "Say no to drugs" stuff was funded by drug companies as stealth advertisement.
Most of the advertisements were along the lines of "Just because EVERYONE including the COOL KIDS are doing it doesn't mean you should:" and other sorts of absurd shit that made it look ridiculous.

My county never included anti-cocaine education because everyone at the top were prolific Tony Montana level Coke users. They were totally against weed, but could never come up with a better response to kids asking why it's considered a gateway drug than to just say it's a gateway drug because you have no idea if someone in the distribution chain put heroin or mdma in it. Inevitably followed by another kid pointing out that it wouldn't even be a problem if it were regulated like alcohol or tobacco. The district magistrate would essentially throw his hands up and move on to something else. Not Coke though, that's not on the curriculum.

Shut up Edison.

Yes, it smothers the flames.

Incredible watching this. Absolutely no fire extinguishers visible. If there were, I counted a total of 9 people that didn't even think about grabbing one when he was burning. Would it have saved him? Maybe not. But it's better that some dudes just wiping him out as if it's some candle that lit up your drapes. Is this Japan or China? I see the kanji but I'm unsure which country they're from.

Just go fast dipshit. It's the same principle as walking on coals.

Did you never learn stop drop roll when you were a kid? Jeez.

fuck off Patent Man

I think it's Chinese but not 100% sure

AC at the frequencies we distribute it, not AC in general, as a concept. If the frequency were, say higher, and not a multiple of 50-60 Hz. It would still hurt(z) and damage your cells. but it wouldn't cause your muscles to lock up, or put you in VFib.

You clearly don't work in industry. A superheated steam leak will cut you in half, a simple normal steam leak would burn the fuck out of you.

this. I walked on the sun really fast and it worked.

Watch the whole thing, he manages to spasm to the socket and unplug it before getting up.

id bet theyd have 1 co2 extinguisher per 1000 acres

anyone got that video of the guy just jumping right into a smelting factories vat?
>yfw lava starts exploding out of the vat

Attached: 1562279620732.gif (220x220, 959K)

>My logic dictates that that would only make the fire worse.
How have you survived this long?

They don't even have a fire blanket, they were beating him with cloth.

based

In case this isn't ironic, covering yourself in boiling hot steam for even a second will cause burns all over your body. It's not the same as surface area slowly getting warmer on your feet

>lets put out MOLTEN METAL with a fire extinguisher

you know what putting water onto molten metal creates

boiling steam

>fire extinguishers are filled with water
>boiling steam

How Are Burns Even Real Nigga Cover Your Skin Nigga Like Close Your Pores Haha

This but with wearing shorts near an exhaust pipe on a Toyota Supra. Gases are dangerous.

I remember reading a story of a guy who was in the Navy. Said if they weren't sure if a pipe was leaking, they'd take a broom handle and swipe it in the air. The steam would slice pieces of the handle clear off.

Where do you even find a place with that much STEAM?

Attached: 1562506121677.jpg (846x960, 88K)

>Extinguishers are filled with water

This motherfucker thinks it's like the F.L.U.D.D.
Videogames rot the fucking brain alright

same but with quicksand

>fire extinguishers
>water
holy fuck i was 6 when i knew this wasn't the case

>pressure + heat
Reminds me of a video I saw of a guy in Brazil fixing a gas tank or something at a gas station. He dug a hope, he leans into it, and I guess he banged something with his hammer and made a spark. The explosion sent his body flying straight up for a good 10 seconds before his corpse flopped back down 20 feet away, ragdolling all over the place. Surprised he was in one piece, much less kept his head.

user....

Attached: 1512334167664.jpg (720x699, 313K)

How in the actual fuck would you get around this in real life?

Attached: aid1988953-v4-728px-Get-to-Celadon-City-in-Pokemon-Fire-Red-Step-5.jpg (728x546, 80K)

>This appears to be quite a predicament, Mario. Data analysis verifies that the mainland's inhabitants are indeed troubled by pollution, but the pollution itself is not the main problem. Mario, you witnessed this object at the Airstrip, correct? It is a bugman. Bugmen are the source of power on China. They used to gather in great numbers at the Tiañanmen Squáre, but the graffiti incident has polluted the mainland and most of the bugmen have died. There is no longer any power to support the peaceful lifestyle of the bugmen. It is most pitiable. The only way to ensure the return of the bugmen is to keep the mainland from becoming any dirtier. The perpetrator is likely at work even as we speak. And you, Mario, are being treated as a criminal. Tomorrow we must do our best to resolve this situation.

Reminder to stay away from giant metal chambers with doors. Who knows what could happen. Read a story about a guy who fell asleep in a walk-in freezer, narcolepsy I guess.

jump the fence obviously

>Implying you can put out a class delta fire with an extinguisher

just turn sideways and shimmy past it theres a huge gap between the tree and the fence
unless your american i guess

>see a literal portal to hell
>walk up to it
>remember you're in China
>it's too late, it already exploded in your face

Nice double digit IQ user.

Retards the fence is too high to climb also you might get a splinter which could get infected or you might fall off the fence and sprain something.

Enjoy your poison ivy and poison oak, retard. Face it, there's no real life way around this.

It'd be exactly the same as diving headfirst into a boiling pool of water and thinking your clothes would protect you.

That's an urban legend but steam leaks can definitely sever limbs. They have a PSI of 2,400. You can hear a steam leak from a mile away, no need to use a broom.

What game is that?? i want to consume random civilians.

It's China. The giveaway here is how they address their days of the week. In this video, it's referring to Friday. Chinese for that is 星期五 and Japanese is 金曜日.

do it

name ONE game

Prototype, Ultimate Spider Man as Venom.

Lmao. Actual pressurized "dry" steam which would be used in virtually any industrial application would instantly cook you to the bone.

literally fucking magnets, and no one knows how those work. they just know that when you pass a weak magnet over a wire, it will generate a small amount of current. so you coil a shitton of wire and arrange that in a circle to spin in front of a magnet, and each length passing perpindicularly through the magnetic field gets its own little charge to add to the battery or wherever its directed

Attached: tegaki.png (400x400, 5K)

idk why i put the plus and minus there, im not exactly sure where the magnets go

Worse than that is the resident evil 7 and 2 remake "get a knife to cut the tape"

>all these CIVILIANS don't know what its like to be a BASED TRADESMAN

I AM A FORKLIFT OPERATOR I STAND FOR THE FLAG AND FUCK MY WIFE AND KNEEL FOR THE ANTHEM AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT I DONT CARE

I’m 100% certain most people on Yea Forums have no experience with dangerous, let alone lethal steam.

“Just run through it”
Fuck off lol. I wish you would, nigga.

Attached: A4BD479C-6FD2-4B6A-BFF8-1CE2B1EB66CF.gif (267x200, 485K)

i love you, user

Those runes look almost identical to me

What a great way to make our fast paced parkour game more fun.

It literally is you dense fuck

The guy died though.

>Newfags falling for old bait

Attached: 1557708211647.jpg (708x404, 83K)

He was dead the moment that shit happened, even if the fire was put out immediately he would have fucking died.
That's like saying band-aids are worthless because they won't stop you from dying from being hit by a missile.

In Urban Chaos: Riot Response, you use your riot shield to block leaks as you shimmy past.

I dont know shit about this kind of thing but the steam being painfully hot struck me as common sense.

Steam leaks like that can literally peel flesh off your bones, guy.

Attached: 1561842700453.png (793x786, 244K)

I always thought stop, drop, and roll was kind of a load of shit, maybe if your pants caught on fire it would do something, but if you burst completely into flames like Chang there, I'm pretty sure "Let me think back to 3rd grade fire safety" isn't the first thing crossing your mind.

> muh dangerous situation
What a faggot. You're just a goddam pussy that probably used to put his mom's clothes on.

>just go fast
unironically the big brain high iq approach when it comes to video games. if the devs are retarded enough to make it merely damage you instead of outright end the game and youre not in the middle of a no-hit run or some shit just take the damage and tell the devs to think of something more interesting ffs

>a big, fat dick in the face of chievo hunters, showing them just how much they're wasting their time when you give them a reward for doing nothing.
How would that be anything other than an easy "chievo" to them?

stay safe, anons

youtube.com/watch?v=AEtbFm_CjE0

are there any long terms effect of being electrocuted for this long?

Only if you consider being dead a long term effect.

He's clearly not dead

there is no limit to how hot steam can be

Nerve damage, memory loss, internal burns, depending on the voltage.

If you're still alive you weren't electrocuted; you were shocked. No idea about the long term health stuff though.

Electrical currents in your body for long periods of time can strip certain metals and other chemicals from your cells and put them into your bloodstream. If enough gets in, you can die from the toxicity related to the stuff that's released even if you feel fine immediately after the current stops. Some people even die a couple days later after the incident.

Never swimming in anything larger than a small swimming pool. Thanks

anyone have that "don't enter this cave" picture?

Attached: horror ride.jpg (1293x969, 997K)

What if it gets so hot that the water molecules that comprise it get ripped apart? Surely it isn't steam then.

Nuh uh, it can't be hotter than the total amount of heat in the universe obviously.

>injuries incompatible with life

Attached: 1479624752002.jpg (680x671, 17K)

Just duck underneath it lmao

it becomes a plasma

Bruh; you ever get blasted by high pressure water as it vaporizes and solve it by GOTTA GO FAST then you let me know how fast you had to go, cause that information could prevent thousands of 3rd degree burn damage every year; that shit can fuck you up.

Hey let's use a giant meat grinder to move the rafts up hill, what could possibly go wrong?

sneed

If you get blasted by a literal spout of molten metal you're fucked no matter what. There isn't a force on earth that can save you after that, 3rd grade safety class or not.

What it works on is like, if you're wearing some oily coveralls that catch fire. You can't just shuck those off and depending on where the fire is you might no be able to effectively smother it by hand. If your back is on fire, rolling around in the dirt is by far the best response.

anything that moves can be a meat grinder, people get chewed up by treadmills every day when they put the front of it too close to a wall

whats the opposite of 0 Kelvin?

>hasn't played braid or the witness.
those games have anti completionist achievements in them.

>Finally clear Steamwood
>You have to do it again but harder
Poor kid me

100 Kelvin

-0 Kelvin.

At what point is steam still steam and not something else like plasma?

A turbine generates electricity because of the relation between a magnetic field and electric current. Essentially, movements through a magnetic field can create electric currents when directed properly, so a spinning copper coil surrounded by a magnet can generate electricity by moving through that field constantly. The steam being shot through the turbine is what causes the rotation. As for how high the steam can be pressurized, it depends on how strong your turbine fins/transfer pipes/etc are. If you're strictly talking about how high it can go, you can pressurize steam basically however much you want (at least until it turns back to water). Higher heat means a greater pressure the steam can achieve without hitting this point, so the whole setup had an optimal range for steam to be at depending on its design

>people get chewed up by treadmills every day when they put the front of it too close to a wall
>tfw used to do this
What’s the issue?

Underrated

BASED

Attached: 1562119273436.png (598x355, 168K)

It's china
It's always china

>Cover yourself in a shirt and just dive even
Thats gotta be the dumbest thing I have ever heard and I am sad you made this thread so no if this even happen to you, you wont have a horrible death thank to us calling you an idiot.

I really fucking hated botw but I have to admit that shrine was pretty good.

people trip and fall and get pinned against the wall and the treadmill instead of just sliding onto the floor

People laugh, but I have good reason to avoid the ocean whenever possible.

Attached: 1549951573068.jpg (1484x1082, 109K)

People think you can just shut off a valve and the steam goes away. But in reality a boiler probably just blew up.

The world is a horrifying, terrible place. Never get close to anything you think has even the tiniest chance of killing you because it probably will.

>Sometimes i think i could kill 90% of this board just putting you all trough mildly dangerous situations that have pretty safe solution if you just think about it for more than 5 seconds.
That would be a good movie or maybe a documental.

Your heart can eventually just stop working if it went across two parts of his body. Where as that just went across his hand so he was able to save himself.

I work at a power plant that has a steam turbine. There is literally nothing you could do to get me to run through a pipe broken to that degree. Presuming that's from a power plant, the steam coming out is around 400 degrees Celsius (750 degrees Fahrenheit), with a pressure of about 40 bar (~580 psi). It would shred and burn almost everything it touches.

Dry steam is an absolute bitch, and you shouldn't be anywhere near it.

Unironically, if you cover yourself with gasoline the fire wont do anything to you.

Those boats are one of the most innocuous, safe looking rides too.

Attached: 1557008906122.jpg (256x206, 9K)

Water turns to plasma at 12,000 Kelvin.

Every time I see a Chinese webm it's almost always someone dying a gory, easily preventable death that shows everyone around them to be completely unperturbed, why is it like this?

High pressure can cut your body like nothing

But yeah pipes are just hot steam

It's a shitty, fake edit.

In reality the people just drowned.

Nerve gas almost got him.

>china is a huge place with a lot of people
>there is a shitload of surveillance in china
>chinese people have little to no regard for safety or regulations including in dangerous working environments
there you go, point 3 is probably the most significant one

literal insect people, user

>"In all honesty if you had had the world's leading cardiothoracic surgeon, neurosurgeons, traumatic surgeons in that place at the exact time it happened and with all their equipment nothing would have changed the outcome," Mr Green said.
Doesn't sound like a drowning to me.

This reminds me of all the retards who think that they could take on a gorilla with speed and smarts. It doesn't fucking matter, a gorilla can just pummel you to death

That pipe looks so rusted I would be worried that touching it would make another hole.

The Steamman Cometh

The only thing on this Earth that will burn you faster than steam is actual fresh lava.

Counter with gun bro, it's like you don't know the quintessential human matchup resolver.

>If you had a bunch of dumbasses who don't know how to deal with drowning on the scene it wouldn't have changed the outcome of a bunch of people drowning.
Yeah, I'm sure that a neurosurgeon could definitely help with water in your lungs dumbass.

some steam pipes, especially ones in nuclear reactors, have insanely high pressure steam, high enough that just walking through it quickly could kill you, 800F steam will cook you in an instant, if it's a pinhole leak it could cut your limbs off like a lazer, shit is no joke

Presuming it's a high pressure steam pipe, it has to be able to deal with the pressure pushing outward. So long as you weigh under 580 lbs, there's no risk of you breaking a high pressure steam pipe simply by stepping on it. That said, presuming the steam coming out of OP's pic is a high pressure steam pipe, you wouldn't want to be within 10 feet of that shit.

So this is how a Death Game starts

You don't make a comment like that in the first place when someone drowns, dumbass. It suggests something horrific happened.

Someone who has been burned by steam before here.

This shit is fucking instantaneous. Bait or not, I'm responding anyway to remind others that you shouldn't be fucking stupid around this shit. Thanks for reading.

Attached: g3gg.jpg (216x249, 8K)

High pressure steam can kill you instantly. I suggest you avoid working in an industrial setting, retards like you are the reason we have to sit through safety videos to explain common sense to brainlets in mandatory safety meetings.

There's actually a mission in The Division 2 where you can turn a valve and shut off steam so you don't take damage, but It's so weak you can literally walk through it with no consequence at all.

Your health regenerates like a motherfucker with no enemies around, and since there aren't any enemies during this part turning the valve is just pointless.

Damn fun game though.

Is this a joke.

Is it really? Been thinking of picking it up, but I don't get how a modern warfare game can be a looter shooter.

>It's so weak you can literally walk through it with no consequence at all.
where the fuck does the department of defense get these superhumans

Steam can't hurt you if you're wearing a long sleeved shirt. It's just warm water.

wtf who do i trust??? i'm trying to get past a burst steam pipe blocking the bathroom

Chinese safety regulations are non existent, chinese arent people, I remember the story about anons that lost limbs thanks to chinese not giving a fuck.

His body is all kind of fucked up and will die shortly.

i wanted to kill myself at the secret challenge in the witness. i'd get so close so many times and fuck it because i couldn't solve the pillars.

but treadmills move you backwards, how do you get pinned when you trip if you are moving backwards?

Fuck off claptrap!

Infinite.

He's talking about people who put the treadmill with the belt moving towards the wall

Post injury for science if it left any visible damage

Who would call that the front?

Just take people's smartphones and watch society collapse

Fuck if I know, user, but that is obviously the way he is talking about it being oriented for the situation to make sense.

last time I watched this must be 8 years ago or so
damn

>oh look my fellow Chinese man is on fire
>better kick him in the head while he's still alive

dude just uninstall steam, then walk through and reinstall

Kek

we already speculated about all of Yea Forums being put in different game worlds to survive, it wouldn't be far fetched to wonder about mundane hazards

>Retards think they could conquer an isekai world
>Cant even overcome mildly dangerous normal hazards.

>I was just pretending to be retarded

What is that giant gate looking thing that has molten steel behind it? I guess I just don't know what the fuck is going on or what he was doing

>game hazard is overtly sensitive

Attached: barre.webm (640x360, 1.55M)

China's trying for a state monopoly on the gates of hell, the initiative is meant to increase worker efficiency through the threat of eternal torment. Of course, it doesn't work, given the workers in question already living in China.

Attached: 1445748383883.webm (1280x1024, 2.87M)

The front of my legs from the knees down we're burned third-degree. It's not really visible anymore, but my skin down there still has this kinda oil-slickish sheen and feel to it.

>dude, just run towards the high pressure, superheated steam.
You better avoid factory related jobs as much as you can.
You're a disaster waiting to happen.

First, what the fuck happened? Second, how the fuck did that guy survive?

Steam is only the visible part of extrememly hot water vapor. That stuff is scalding and that's assuming it's even water.

Sounds hot.

Use my giant firebreathing dragon to breathe fire at it.

user
how the fuck do you think pressure cookers work?

>He's never steamed a ham

thats pretty bloody cool

Attached: ljbF6Qrd.jpg (258x258, 12K)

>arc flash accidents

Attached: 1531511747910.jpg (1024x1024, 84K)

permanent nerve damage, among many other things already listed.

Worst example i can think of for this sort of thing were the literal nukes you had to set off to destroy chain link fences blocking your path in the Lonesome road DLC for FONV (it was th worst DLC anyway though despite having a few cool weapons)

water vapor can not light stuff on fire shaddup

>he didn't climb trees as a kid

wat gaem?

Its been so long since I've played MOH.

do garage door springs count as pressure? If not, add tension to your list.

More like turn off Steam to save vidya.

My best guess is either some sort of dust explosion, or baleful Chinese magic decided that man will explode right that instant

it can, read it up

What's the amount of pressure coming off of there?

Imagine them coals sticking to your feet as soon as you touch them, that's what steam does.

Even in a country of cutting corners I feel like Chinese people are in way too many freak accidents.

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

>Delta P
>that Red Sea diving accident footage
>Byford Dolphin
Why the fuck does Water and Physics combine into an unholy union of death and misery

Attached: 1555551653896.jpg (481x751, 87K)

>"I bet it's china"
>zoom in
>"Yep, it's china"

>Cindy's son and Kate's 12-year-old daughter managed to escape but both saw their mothers killed in front of them.
jesus

>you can pressurize steam basically however much you want
not if it melts your turbine blades bro

I remember years ago I was too scared to go on the "extreme" rides so I rode on this thinking it was the safe one. Oh how wrong I was.

Fucking scary. I imagine plenty have unsuspecting people have died that way.

>you accidentaly set the difficulty to impossible

Attached: escaperoom.jpg (1027x660, 75K)

USCSB is a underrated government department

damn, those "escape the room" games are hardcore

See:

well, can fire wet things too?

Life is simply unfair.

>baleful Chinese magic decided that man will explode right that instant
this may not be a ylyl but you sure fucking got me

the spooky skeleton at the end always gets me

no shit. just look how beautiful the girl on the left is compared to the snoz on the right

No user, its more complex than that

Attached: Complexfiction.jpg (244x207, 6K)

This reminds me of the scene in the Bone Collector where the killer ties a woman to a sewer pipe and aims a steam pipe right at her. Then the cops find her cooked and crispy remains.

Presuming the steam was superheated, it would have been a very quick death. Literally a couple of seconds at most.

depends on what it travels through. but you can expect nerve and organ damage depending. from the looks of it, it was only the guy's hand that was being shocked so he should be fine, worst case scenario he loses sensation in his hands and maybe mobility. possibly his muscle tissue dies too.

All you have to do is show it the Epic Games Launcher and it'll turn itself off. Checkmate Valvefags.

Attached: 4322353.jpg (777x888, 76K)

This one?

Attached: dare.jpg (360x406, 12K)

This is fake. Last image is identical to third, has photoshop's blurry paint brush, a different font too

Just looking at that makes me want to crawl in.

ONLY ONE MINUTE UNTIL STEAMWOOD FUCKING EXPLODES

MUSASHI YOU NIGGER GET ON THAT SHIT FUCK

Attached: 1-video_image50.png (640x442, 129K)

>what is napalm

I got your reference the first time, user.

They're shitters and they shifted out

what the fuck does that have to do with anything?

Burning hydrogen produces water.

youtube.com/watch?v=qkTmE6zyW9Y

user, I steam broccoli al the time. I'm sure you can steam meat too. If you wanna eat people that's on you senpai

Attached: 1369265283785.png (227x221, 62K)

Attached: enhanced-15242-1450029101-1.jpg (625x625, 58K)

Nope, the most retarded thing is the mandatory PROTECT ME WHILE I HACK THIS DOOR CONSOLE session

this reminds me of a thread where someone insisted that there's no water vapor in air that you blow out of your mouth because the vapor evaporates a few inches away from your mouth.

Which is worse?
>enemies suddenly flood in from everywhere to kick your asses, you have a higher chance of dying than the NPC just trying to hold back the tide
>enemy encounter is over after about five dudes, NPC continues to hack for a good three minutes

Are we past that era of game design yet?
Have we also moved past the era of characters not being able to open doors for themselves and having to wait for their squadmates or whatever to open it?

>guy gets stuck behind a wall in the monster closet and no more enemies spawn

I don't know but the worst is Republic Commando where you have to stand still planting a bomb for 20 seconds in order to destroy an infinite enemy spawner that is spawning infinite enemies to attack you during those 20 seconds, your friendly AI is too retarded to cover you and you can't order them to plant the bomb instead.

>The recovery of the bodies went on into the early hours of the next morning with some paramedics requiring counselling due to the trauma of the scene.
I don't know man.

Is this the mission in the hangar bay and 3 super battle droids attack you from all sides?

That's all the water in his body vaporizing.

Yeah, now that games are more cinematic it's always
>get past a trigger
>CG of you and your buddies opening the door plays

>he can't even dive through hot steam
tsk tsk tsk, westerner spies can't do anything right.

Attached: You see Ivan.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

I assume you would be able to hear such a highly pressurized invisible stream though?

Holy shit.

>he doesn't know about the leidenfrost effect

Not by name, no.

That wasn't steam, it was a fuel line and it was fire. Same difference I guess?

Leidenfrost is awesome but this guy is still completely insane. For a flipside, I saw a guy try and demonstrate it by dipping his hand in icy water and then a fucking fryer.

Don't do it lads.

Because China has an ass-backwards law system that if you get involved the one hurt can sue the helper.

Super heated steam will give you third degree burns almost immediately upon contact.

the cleansing we've all been waiting for

Attached: 1550407919642.png (985x1066, 408K)

for just 200 volts? i don't think much. but if it goes through your heart it can stop it.

if they had all dog piled him at the same time then man would have lived

Why not crawl under it?

>pressure
that and tension

>hero is stronger than regular human, therefore his body is made of fucking mithril, not flesh
worst trope, just because he's strong, doesn't mean his body isn't as vulnerable.

Steam jets don't get enough credit for being pure death. You know more people are burned and burned worse by incidents involving hot water they they are by actual fire or heated objects?

>This is fake. Last image is identical to third, has photoshop's blurry paint brush, a different font too
It could legitimately be someone taking the original image which tried to make the situation PG and correcting it for accuracy.

see

cmon dude don be pus

I mean, it seems legit. They wouldn't just tumble and stop in that one spot. You'd have hair and limbs being caught in the machine. Scalping, degloving, delimbing, mashing, crushing, and anything small enough would slide right along the track.

Are you russian, american or indian by any chance?
whenever i hear stories about retarded "accidents" like what you're describing it's one of those countries

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhabdomyolysis

reminder that you dont know shit about safety if you think you can walk past it once its been closed. you literally have to document that shit first, report it and order new one from manufacturer. then you may walk past it

Hesitation is defeat.

what if I just run past it really really fast

consider me kekking

Attached: 1549401032081.png (1280x916, 755K)

Yeah, because that image shows what actually happened on the ride.

Wolfenstein: Reporting an unsafe work environment

>reminder that you dont know shit about safety
if you're the average videogame protagonist who gets into close-ranged firefights on the regular that's kind of a given

Ok but abc.net.au/news/2018-10-10/dreamworld-inquest-paramedics-describe-ride-chaos/10358726

Ex submarine crew here. Witnessed a pipe blowing like that on a guy's face 20 years ago. Shit still gives me nightmares. Head was gone.

Did he have anything to do with it bursting or was it one of those wrong place; wrong time scenarios

Not the guy, but as a guy who works at a power plant, I can safely say that it wouldn't have been his fault unless he was breaking so many rules he'd be lucky not to be put in prison. Something broke.

One of the worst kind of burns is high pressure, high temperature steam burns. You would be amazed at how quickly it just destroys everything.

>Being hunted down by a serial killer
>Blocked by a broken steampipe
>Solve a convoluted series of puzzles to shut the flow off
>...
>The serial killer stumbles across you filling out paperwork
"Listen guy, I need to fill out the OSHA documentation and bring this to the on-site supervisor, can we continue our chase after we're given the all clear?"

Then you're fucking retarded or have some kind of brain problem.

>make him fill out incidental witness paperwork
Fucking checkmate

It is in a hangar bay but i'm not sure if they were super battle droids. All I remember is that there's a spawner that needs to be destroyed, you have to plant the bomb yourself and there's a droid being spawned one step away from you on both sides and you have to tank their damage as you're planting the bomb.
That game has some of the worst gameplay design ever conceived.

Now I'm BJ going to a Nazi officer with a full report, the officer being very concerned, reporting it to work and safety who then send an engineer to fix it, so you can pass.

Attached: 23192789572204.gif (500x281, 1.31M)

It's a triple dare, user. You can't back down now!

What would make this 10* better is that the amount drained would be relative to the height of the shot to the base of the barrel.

not if it is 300ºC

It does work that way but not with any real precision. You can see right there that a lot less oil is spilled from a higher hole than the lower hole but it's very exaggerated.

>not wearing FR gear

What the fuck is wrong with these chinks. Surrounded by liquid metal and you don't even think to give your workers clothing that won't BURN THEM ALIVE?

>to progress the story, you have to break down and pass trough a wall
>have get an A38 permit from the city counsel first
I've been stuck for hours

>the kids were the only ones with their safety shit on and the brains to not abandon ship
Hope their foster parents don't raise them to be idiots like their real parents

"persons being variously caught in machinery"
is how it was described
if you ever watched gore videos involving moving machinery you know the fourth image is a good estimation of what happened

Not pcp but I think might have been offered a line of coke when I got invited in to drink at a bikers clubhouse one night when I was walking home one night. I didn't do it because autism and I had like 4 dollydoos to my name it felt like I was pushing my luck already just being there.

I once burnt my hand on steam from the kettle, it was in contact for about 0.3 seconds before I flinched away. Left a large red blotch. Now imagine steam that is 6x the temperature and it's spraying out at 400 kph or more. That shit will fuckin disintegrate you in half a second.

>tfw MOH:AA is 17 yrs old now
make it stop

Attached: 1560151159672.jpg (275x183, 7K)

I visited a coal power plant once. The manager explained that the steam is so hot that none of it can condense in room temperature, so if a pipe were to rupture at the end of a hallway you're standing in, a completely invisible wall of superheated water would just rush at you and instantly vaporize your body.

I have trouble being around any kind of dangerous shit because eventually I'm going to give in and hurt myself badly. The thoughts of walking along a bridge and throwing yourself over, putting your hand in a deep fryer, jumping in front of traffic etc. I just avoid everything now because of it.

It wouldn't be instantly, and it depends on where the pipe bursts as to whether you would see it. But if a pipe burst before the steam hits the turbine, it would be invisible, and roughly 750 degrees Fahrenheit and about 580 psi where it blew. Obviously, if you're 20 feet away, the pressure would drop significantly, but the heat would not dissipate if you had a leak the size of OP's pic. You'd roast in a matter of seconds. If you were within a few feet of the pipe when it burst, it would literally cut through whatever you put in front of it.

Of course, if there was a pipe burst like OP's pic IRL, you wouldn't even be able to get close enough to see it without getting burned. The temperature would raise hundreds of degrees within seconds.

don't fuck with hot steam, that shit will scald the shit out of you. the only real retarded things about games is waist high fences being unpassable or similar shit

>Around Christmas 2002, bartender Doyle went out drinking with pal Michael Wright and Wright’s girlfriend. As they all walked home, Wright thought Doyle was hitting on his girlfriend, and witnesses later told cops they saw a man getting “the s–t beat out of him.” He was heard screaming, “No, don’t break my legs!” and another witness said he saw someone throw Doyle down an open manhole.
>The drop was 18 feet. At the bottom was a pool of boiling water and steam from a broken main. Doyle didn’t die instantly — in fact, as first responders arrived, he was standing below, reaching up and screaming for help. No paramedic or firefighter could climb down to help — it was, a Con Ed supervisor said, 300 degrees in the steam tunnel.
>Four hours later, Sean Doyle’s body was finally recovered. It was steaming hot.

Attached: 1512056409115.png (974x522, 31K)

fpbp

>On 20 July 1981, 24-year-old David Allen Kirwan from La Cañada, California, was driving through Yellowstone’s Fountain Paint Pot thermal area with his friend Ronald Ratliff and Ratliff’s dog Moosie. Moosie escaped from the truck, ran towards nearby Celestine Pool, jumped in, and began yelping.
>Kirwan and Ratliff rushed over to the pool to aid the terrified dog, and Kirwan’s attitude indicated he was about to go into the spring after it. Several people tried to warn Kirwan off by yelling at him not to jump in, but he shouted “Like hell I won’t!” back at them, took two steps into the pool, and then dove head-first into the spring.
>Kirwan swam out to the dog and attempted to take it to shore; he then disappeared underwater, let go of the dog, and tried to climb out of the pool. Ratliff helped pull Kirwan out of the hot spring (resulting in second-degree burns to his own feet), and another visitor led Kirwan to the sidewalk as he reportedly muttered, “That was stupid. How bad am I? That was a stupid thing I did.”
>Kirwan was indeed in very bad shape. He was blind, and when another park visitor tried to remove one of his shoes, his skin (which was already peeling everywhere) came off with it. He sustained third-degree burns to 100% of his body, including his head, and died the following morning at a Salt Lake City hospital.

Attached: celestine.jpg (1024x683, 323K)

Nice pal. I'd rather have a fren than 100 'friends'.

>Jose Melena was performing maintenance in a 35-foot-long oven at the Bumble Bee Foods's Santa Fe Springs plant on Oct. 11, 2012, when a co-worker, who mistakenly believed Melena was in the bathroom, filled the pressure cooker with 12,000 pounds of canned tuna and it was turned on.
>His body was found two hours later after the pressure cooker, which reached a temperature of 270 degrees, was turned off and opened.

Attached: cooker.jpg (855x375, 85K)

youtube.com/watch?v=VyaxDWLe6A4
4:14 for steaming.

glad he's dead, that's what he gets for not leashing his fucking dog, especially in a dangerous area.

>American edication

To be fair, it says the dog escaped from the truck.

How do you not notice someone filling the giant oven you're in with 12,000 pounds of canned tuna. This sounds more like a murder

It was his friend's dog.

you didn't have to be so rude about it

Attached: sadman.png (1200x831, 552K)

Then it's a shame his friend didn't die too, that guy got rightfully darwin'd anyways

>Two bakery workers died in agony after bosses sent them into a giant oven to carry out repairs on the cheap, a court heard yesterday. The industrial baking oven should have been allowed to cool for 12 hours, but was only left for two.
>David Mayes and Ian Erickson were unaware of the danger when told by their bosses to crawl onto the oven's conveyor belt for repairs. The repair was a delicate procedure in which they had to collect broken parts from along the length of a conveyor belt which carries bread trays slowly through the 75ft-long oven.
>But within five minutes they were relaying terrified messages over their walkie-talkies, saying the oven was too hot. There was no way of reversing the belt and they were trapped on its journey through the oven.
>Mr Erickson, 44, was pulled out at the other end and died on the factory floor in front of horrified workmates
>Mr Mayes, 47, collapsed inside and was caught in the machinery. He died from 80 per cent burns and multiple fractures.

Attached: oven.jpg (573x573, 142K)

>queers in gears

Can I fuck around explosives, airplanes and firearms?

Chinese boss?
Chinese boss.

Nice! Does it affect the barrels weight when you push them too? Or are they static?

>missing out on TOP TREASURE
your loss

I don't understand how you would do this. Like do people just stick their hands in water boiling on the stove for a few minutes too? You instinctively jolt away from it upon feeling the heat. It's not like its acid or radioactive and you can't immediately tell whats happening

I'd like to see you try

Attached: police-officer-fadi-shukur[1].jpg (461x576, 46K)

You can run fast thru a thin fire wall.
But steam is just realy hot water most of the time and unlike fire it will stick to you and continue burring long after you ran thru it.
Althou it is dumb that you can run in to it and take damage and even not die fast but not just run thru it and take damage.

Attached: 1556629445621.jpg (945x920, 349K)

>An Austrian metalworker accidentally switched on an oven that two colleagues were inside cleaning - leaving them to slowly cook to death.
>The tragedy happened when the automatic door of the oven at the factory owned by the Salzburger Aluminium AG company in Lenz closed.
>The giant oven which reaches a temperature of 1500 degrees was then switched on.
>Detectives investigating the horrific deaths in the massive oven say the pair would have realized what had happened when the hot air started to flood into the chamber and had tried to rip the insulation off the wall of the oven and clawed at the door in a desperate bid to get free.

did the dog survive?

Was probably pissed he couldn't sell the organs because those too were baked.

>Sometimes i think i could kill 90% of this board just putting you all trough mildly dangerous situations that have pretty safe solution if you just think about it for more than 5 seconds.

Don't worry, your wish will be granted with global warming.

at work some rag head retard tried to "straighten" a 550v junction box because it was crooked. The short created a massive fireball that burned his shit up. I can still remember the smell of burning flesh.

Attached: SCHNOZE3.jpg (518x624, 38K)

please stop reminding me of all the horrible new ways one can suffer at unimaginable levels and die on this earth

Probably hiring a new employee cost the company less than buying protective gear, and I'm guessing in accidents like these the company don't compensate the family or at least not that much. Just chinese stuff.

The smell of burned fat and hair is atrocious

Don't look at work safety PSAs then.

Tim Sweeney already did that.

Any Musashibros here?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 21K)

>oy vey hurry up goyim or I cut your wages

>Brian Jones, 59, production director at Fresha Bakeries Ltd in Leicester, pleaded guilty to a charge under the 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act after two men were baked alive in the one of the company's 75ft ovens.

>Fresha's managing director, John Bridson, 53, of Hale, Cheshire, pleaded guilty to two charges under the Health and Safety at Work Act

>Dennis Masters, 44, of Mountsorrel, Leicestershire admitted one charge of failing to take reasonable care for others at work.

Very Chinese names.

>pal
fuck dude

Someone posted steamwood earlier

Guy at my work got told by his manager to fix a service elevator which was prone to breaking down by wiggling a screwdriver at some spot next to a high voltage box. If he wasn't wearing rubber shoes he would have died.

You should read it again, I don't think you understood what happened

Christ, it must have been horrible listening to their terrified messages over the walkie

Attached: giphy (1).gif (480x360, 1.01M)

kek

Attached: 1543144111721.png (500x508, 497K)

I don't get it.

>The recovery of the bodies went on into the early hours of the next morning with some paramedics requiring counselling due to the trauma of the scene

>This thread
WHY IS LIFE SO SCARY, THIS SHIT IS WHY I STAY INSIDE ALL DAY

Attached: AAAAAAAAH.jpg (540x540, 28K)

Despite what you may have been lead to believe, cheap, inhuman idiots are pretty much universal.

this one got me
pretty fucking funny
>/boilermakers/ ww@?

Aussie here, the 18 year old lifeguard chick seen the mum crawl out of the pool, just the top half of her body, nothing from the belly button down apparently.

>After a three-month shutdown for routine maintenance, two of three steam turbines went back online without incident, but a third turbine didn’t have full power.
>Burchett and Henson took an elevator to investigate a loss of steam at a safety relief valve, which is supposed to vent steam outside the plant if the pressure gets too high.
>Upon the elevator door opening on the 14th floor, the men were engulfed in flesh-boiling steam that had filled the room. They were exposed to the steam release and suffered severe burns that caused them to endure a horrific death.

Fun tales from the electrical trade # 619: My dad watched a guy walk in front of a high sec prison steam generator and get cut in half by an invisible extremely pressurized pinhole steam leak.
It's worse than you can think.

Attached: 1245579787424.jpg (1280x1556, 452K)

I'll just take the stairs next time I go up a turbine.

I hope I never have to walk past a steam generator.

Attached: 1560178092192.jpg (671x708, 117K)

Awe, user is so cute when he tries.

what if I used
two band aids?

>Fire Extinguisher
>Water

I hope you never get put in charge of workplace OHS

Attached: pic1119953.jpg (500x354, 35K)

Anyone have that webm of a Chinese factory worker who got blown of like a cannon after a pipe exploded?

You'd need a pretty high medical skill for that to be enough

I don't think it would cut you in half.
Pressure injection injuries make a pinhole in your skin and fill up your insides, and those systems are higher pressure than steam.

>this thread

Attached: 449.png (287x343, 107K)

Haha, jokes on you. I have a flashlight. It's LED :)

How Dreamworld survived this is just amazing to me.

If one ride can fuck up and kill you, how could trust any of their other ones?

Attached: I just don't know.jpg (281x500, 65K)

>there are machines that literally cut steel slabs in half with a water squirt
nah nigga, i can believe any of it, and i can believe 50% people who get close to that shit just don't fucking understand how powerful and devastating these forces can be.
Flood going over a road? somebody will drive over it with a pickup truck and get sweeped away
A strong current in a stream? somebody will try to cross it and get sweeped away
Truck burning on the highway? somebody will get too close and gett caught in the blast
ear/eye/hand/lung protection? nah nigga, that's for pussies
correct handling of power tools? nah nigga, i don't neet the guard and i don't need my fingers either
correct handling of hazardous materials? nah nigga, just store that shit however you want so we can have another tianjin

Attached: 1149224396162.gif (240x180, 497K)

just stand perfectly still and dont touch anything if you ever find yourself in china and you should be fine

Lots of people have to have died at Disney or Universal right? What about that kid who hit a bar head on on some famous waterslide?

>Two engineers age 19 and 21 were burnt on top of wind turbine in Deltawind's Piet de Wit wind farm in the Netherlands.
>Both were 80 meters above the ground, doing routine maintenance only for the fire to trap them.

Attached: turbine.jpg (1485x1114, 87K)

You can escape after you finish speaking with your insurance company and you hand the phone off to him. Should give you like a fifteen minute head start.

>In a report to the Queensland Coroner in October 2017, Police recommended that no criminal charges be laid against any person.

What about the chief engineer? You can't just say "shit happens" right?

Attached: 1_0x0_790x520_0x520_car-sickness-guide.jpg (790x520, 61K)

>stand still and don't touch anything
>sink hole opens up underneath you

Attached: 181009135627-china-dazhou-sinkhole-01-large-169.jpg (460x259, 24K)

They could have risen and glided with the hot air currents.

>You can't just say "shit happens" right?
there is an "act of god" excuse in insurance, like for floods or earthquakes

imagine being on the ride and realizing you'll get baked alive
also
>following every fucking order your boss gives you
Capitalism is good, right goyim? Now go to work, i need shekels!

>walk up blade
I thought engineers were supposed to be smart?

Attached: 1529807416847.jpg (618x597, 144K)

based retard

The fuck does a god have to do with the faulty equipment?

They were 19 and 21, low paid low skilled workers who just finished one of the lowest levels of education but did not get safety procedure training in order to cut costs because wind turbines are fucking expensive to keep running and don't even create that much energy for the amount of money it costs why do those fucking ugly things even exist.

It's an excuse Insurance companies use to waive mass insurance payoffs in the case of freak accidnets or natural disasters.

if there's a tremor or some such and you fall to your death on a rollercoaster, they'll usually say it was an act of god and that's that.
not in this case, obviously

a fucking thunder struck a block from my house while i was watching this and simultaneously listening to komm susser tod, god fucking damn it my heart

Attached: 1462984919199.jpg (413x310, 104K)

youtube.com/watch?v=4DILjd69C0o

Im pretty sure the inquest is ongoing

>The ride was also heavily criticised as “unsafe” as it had no proper maintenance schedules, and extensive cracking and corrosion, with parts of the structure “propped up with timber”.
>Workplace Health and Safety engineers said significant alterations to the ride had never been assessed or approved and made the ride “more hazardous”.

asians are almost 2/3 of earth's entire population and china has a population more than one billion larger than the US.

>Have some 9mm pea shooter
>Try to shoot a silverback
>He just gets more angry

jesus, there's no escape

Are clouds just water vapour? Is steam? Is fog?

what the hell even is steam?

>This Thread
youtube.com/watch?v=32Hp1LW08Yc

Why aren't gambling regulation entities cracking down on insurance companies that try to use the "act of god" excuse? They're literally refusing to pay the winnings after someone wins fair and square at their gamble. Because that's what it is. You bet that something improbable will happen. They win if it doesn't, which is almost always the case, and you win if it does.

No, that's all various grades of cotton.

>don't even create that much energy for the amount of money it costs why do those fucking ugly things even exist.
But it's clean energy, bro! It's good for the environment. Just like expensive solar farms that raise energy prices and kill thousands of birds.

Vapor is the gas state of water just like ice is the solid. Water evaporates at pretty low temperature so you wouldn't burn yourself touching a cloud obviously.

thats genuinly heroic but also stupid. poor pupper and poor man

jesus christ user

Attached: 1461574071477.jpg (720x438, 57K)

As someone in the power industry, it's because there's a demand for clean energy, but an aversion to nuclear power, despite the fact that the newest 2 generations of nuclear are the safest, cleanest, and most reliable form of energy ever. Hell, the newest gen of nuclear literally produces zero waste, and can eliminate all the waste from older gens. But nuclear is scary, so we can't build them.

>Fountain Paint Pot is a mudpot or mud pool — a sort of acidic hot spring, with a limited water supply. Some microorganisms use hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg smell), which rises from deep within the earth, as an energy source. They convert the gas into sulfuric acid, which breaks down rock into clay.

>crappy bait thread turns into real life horror thread

Attached: 1560135626643.gif (206x245, 27K)

In defense the user, it's China.
Never mind water, if they did have a fire extinguisher it'd filled with silly string.

Yeah right gamers are prepared for anything, we've lived many lives

water is also very good at storing heat so it will also continue to burn you

They are, in fact most reputable insurance companies offer full natural disaster cover with varying degrees of "act of god" exceptions which are usually very specific and would lead to mass reinsurance blackouts. But desu I don't know about burgerland maybe they're just fucked.

>But nuclear is scary, so we can't build them.
I'm convinced this timeline is cursed or there's a shitposter ruling the world governments, it makes no sense for zero countries to attempt to capitalize on this just because of some safety concerns that no countries care about anyways

>light a match
>put it under an ice cube
>ice cube starts getting wet and naughty and drips over the match, extinghuishing the fire
I'd say it does m80

Quick someone make a new thread

You only have to look at fallout to see the public's perception of nuclear power.