What was their fucking problem?

What was their fucking problem?

Attached: 1559468492416.jpg (1280x720, 435K)

Not enough actual fatherly love.
Or also known as the dick.

>belgar
literally autism
>the girls
they kept losing

I just finished Valkyria Chronicles 1.

I liked it for the most part (really got into the gameplay), but some of the missions were annoying, and the story wasn't as solid as I thought it would be. How bad are the stories in the sequels that 1's is considered the peak?

They helped turn a somewhat respectable Japanese strategy series into otaku pandering horseshit.

1 is considered the peak only by retards such as the one above me.

How do I push through VC1? It’s such a slog, I’m still at the mission before you cross the bridge where you have to hold one front and pincer attack the other. My sniper dies in one hit even if she has the height advantage because fuck utilizing actual strategy.

Story in VC4 is better.

Being stuck in a dead franchise

Belgar tried too hard to sound like Peter Lorre.

Which chapter is that?

Incredibly bad. 1's was good because the characters are mostly adult-ish so it's a huge break from most anime games.

The rest of the series has mary sue teenagers.

The protagonists in 4 are in their early 20s like the ones from 1, also they're the only squad in the franchise to lack a god mode Valkyria on their side.

Story in VC1 sucks balls and I don't understand why everyone hates the anime when it really improved the story by fixing the most retarded plot points.

too cute and funny

It also did shit like add a Love Triangle with Faldio because lol

Attached: 1549136275863.jpg (10000x10000, 1.76M)

Like valkyrie powers having zero downsides yet everyone still doesn't want to use them because ???.

HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
I liked Avan.

>give Vyse three seconds of screentime only to kill him off
Yeah, no.

Avan is based.

Attached: 1552657950640.jpg (1920x1080, 303K)

And yet they look and act like they're teenagers.

>they're the only squad in the franchise to lack a god mode Valkyria on their side.
Doesn't seem like an accomplishment when in 1 and 2 they both refuse to use their powers anyway.

They don't look any younger than the VC1 cast aside from clearly older people like Largo. Nor do they act like teenagers, what do you mean? They act like military.

He had literally no importance in the game's story, stupid.

Oh god VC2 has that bullshit too?
Maybe I should just skip every cutscene if/when I play it.

where's the vc3 retranslation

Probably a good idea

Attached: 1552784568300.jpg (1920x1080, 280K)

Yes they do, they have teenager hair cuts and the proportions of most of the characters are much younger and often more busty as well.

They do act like teenagers as well, VC4 was embarrassing with how many curse words were used as well as talk about tits and ass or other immature topics. VC1 was mostly about passions, life and death, and other far more mature themes.

It's futile trying to explain this to VC4 fans though, you autists are literally retarded.

It makes sense in 2 because the friendly Valkyria there is a little girl who got experimented on.

I had to stop playing 4 because I hated most of the characters. They act like imbeciles

>otaku pandering horseshit
you mean it wasn't before?

As we all know, adults (much less soldiers) never curse or talk about tits.

Not enough people to bully.

Attached: 1539666361826.jpg (751x532, 58K)

You're just going to keep defending the game when you know I'm right. VC4 was a meme game full of immaturity and cringy dialogue compared to 1 which was often somber, serious, and bittersweet which is a stark break for anime games.

Attached: Valkyria 2014-11-16 20-42-00-29.jpg (1920x1080, 232K)

>teenager haircuts
What the fuck am I reading? Alicia has the tsundere twintails like every anime teenager then.

Only one character curses a lot and talks about ass and being crass and obnoxious is his personality, it's also not something limited to teenagers.

The spoiler is meaningless, maybe some people didn't give you proper arguments, but yours right now make no sense either.

Ban test

1 only had that beach sidestory (which funny enough is the most expensive one) with a few lines about Alicia's bikini but was otherwise fine.

Also this is set in around WW2, no one was talking like a modern day teenager back then.

The styling in VC1 is still generic compared to the modern day child haircuts in 4.

>muh prejudice
>""""""mature""""" theme
>not cringy

Attached: giphy.gif (500x287, 954K)

4's main plot is always serious, in fact the beach episode is even less accessible (as DLC) and the cringe hot springs in snow scene is wisely inaccessible until postgame.

VC1 or VC4

retard

Attached: 1538115981948.jpg (1920x1080, 382K)

Attached: why don't we have both.jpg (354x255, 24K)

>they act like military

I like VC4. No, they don't. It's disingenuous to defend the story and characters as anything but anime cliches and archetypes. I don't consider it any more offensive than our bland military action heroes and bald ex-marine conventions, but they're definitely not military-types.

I think talking squad stories is more or less moot since they're mostly jokes or optional content, so it's not fair. But even sidestories aside the main characters are frequently throwing temper tantrums, engaging in highschool-esque escapades and love triangles, winking and joking to the camera as they mow down Imps.

The storyline itself is taking it very seriously, and the characters are too, but that doesn't mean they act appropriately for how seriously the story wants to be taken.

Attached: 790820_screenshots_20190209173323_1.jpg (2560x1080, 468K)

Hol up, familia. If racism and /pol/ shit is what you are looking for, VC4 had a ton to offer.

Attached: Valkyria Chronicles 4_20190203035754.png (1920x1080, 2.94M)

Plot: VC1
Gameplay: VC4

They screwed up the Empire's ambition.

Besides appointing deranged commanders, the Empire was doing nothing wrong.

That's the postgame scene, yes, complete with its inaccurate English translation.

It is.

Nothing about the characters or writing was good in VC4. Most of it was pure cringe.

Yes, it is cringy.

retard

Attached: 1538280840353.jpg (1200x675, 161K)

wtf why did Rosie go back to being racist?

No, it is mature by anime standards.

how can anyone say VC4 characters act like the military when they don't act like the military nor do they even act like characters in VC 1, 2, or 3?

delusional fanboys.

Attached: nEf9yYg.jpg (1284x728, 101K)

What's an accurate translation?

Attached: 790820_screenshots_20180926115311_1.jpg (1920x1080, 481K)

VC4 and VC3 are the best in the series and the only ones who say otherwise hate them simply for fanservice. They are a type of mentally ill retards who complain about "weeb shit" in JRPGs.

She didn't, VC1, 3 and 4 all overlap in the time period they're set; they're essentially sidequels to each other. VC2 is the only one that's an actual sequel, set 2 years after all of the others.

So what you're saying is that VC 3 and 4 are cringy weeb shit and that normal people won't like them.

That's kinda gay. Is it an excuse to not have airplanes?

Yeah sure, the whole series was but for some reason the braindead normalfag retards cling to VC1 as if it were some sort of band of brothers adaption. These people are mentally ill and best ignored.

Because VC1 isn't even half as retarded and the sales prove it, faggot.

If you brought up sales then its clear you don't know what you're talking about.

>why are these soldiers so vulgar?
>why are these military men using rude words?
>why are these teenagers acting like teenagers?

Attached: D6pY0NwXYAA80AS.jpg (400x240, 28K)

No? No game is a direct sequel to another, characters from the other games only show up during fanservice sidequests, the screenshot you commented on is from a DLC episode. Each game shows a different perspective on the same war, VC2 exluded:
VC1 - The Gallian Militia (Gallian conscripts)
VC3 - Squad 422 (Gallian penal unit)
VC4 - Federation Army

VC1 sold more than every other VC in the series combined. VC2 sold more than 3 and 4 too. The series got worse with every release.

You don't seem to understand, I'm saying that they made them all sidequels as an excuse to not have airplanes which would be a new plot point/gameplay mechanic that could be a pain in the ass to implement. It was kind of tongue-in-cheek and it's obviously impossible to say what a developer's intent truly is when they do anything. I shouldn't have to explain this shit.

He actually tells her to go back to her hometown and bake a pie or something.

Thats exactly how it was in the game though.

you're a fucking loser

They added a battleship into VC4's mechanics, I doubt they'd fail to add airstrikes if they wanted too, and don't blame me for your inability to use English to convey yourself properly.

Woman, neck youself.

????? I'm just answering someone's question you fucking shithead.

I think VC4 is better for a lot of reasons. The story is alright but the characters is where it really shines. It felt like they had actual personalities and even the enemies were cool, I was kind of hoping at the end that Walz and the Valkyria would join your squad and you could take on the final boss together but oh well. The gameplay is also better, I can tell they tried to nerf scout rush just a little bit. The gernadier is also a really cool addition to the series.

I'll get around to emulating the other games one day.

Attached: untitled.png (483x489, 309K)

Soul / soulless.

Attached: 1538941474247.jpg (1920x1080, 518K)

>pic related
VC3 tackled the Darcsen issue better

When it wasn't too busy being a game made for faggots.

Woah, its almost like... jumping from console to hardheld actually affected the sales. WTF?

>more sales = better
Based retard.

>early gen release console exlusive sold more than a late gen multiplat
And now the delusional fanboys are in damage control.

its because Isara didn't die yet

"AH HA HAA!"
Avan's laugh is burned into my brain.

It's so much of a game for faggots that it's the only one that allows you to pick a girl

There are many things to factor in when comparing the sales and you aren't taking in any of them. Its also ironic that you call me a fanboy when you clearly have some sort of obsession with VC1.

>I'm a virgin
What a pathetic argument.

There's nothing to factor in, I already pointed out how the first game of a new series released early into the PS3's life sold far more than the worse multiplatform sequel.

It's not ironic that I'm making fun of a deluded fanboy by stating facts. You're grasping at straws.

>Point out a fact
>V-VIRGIN !
Yikes user, you're pretty cringe

>pointing out a fact only virgins care about

>VC4 has two Arnold Schwarzenegger characters
But why?

Yikes user, no need to get all that pissy the moment you're proven wrong, admitting you're wrong is the first step towards understanding

>virgin men who want to fuck women are gay.
This fucking logic.

>the moment you're proven wrong
Sorry, virgin, but you're making a fool out of yourself.

>"I want to fuck 2d video game characters"
And he wonders why people are calling him a faggot.

Tell me which woman hurt you like this user, we can talk about it

the same reason why there are two grenadiers with glasses

Attached: rejected.png (898x504, 828K)

fuck you

He canonically gets a better girl, so that's okay.

Attached: edgy.png (625x626, 123K)

Why is there always the same neverserved in these threads acting like military folk don't fuck around constantly.

It's a thread about a game set in WW2 you ahistorical moron.

Are we going to pretend that ww2 was the single war in the entirety of humanity in which people didn't fuck around during down time.
Armies are filled with young men, be it 8000 BC or yesterday, if they get the chance they'll take the time to goof and shoot the shit

>WW2 were exclusively serious sad saps
>never joked, made lewd comment, talked about sex all the time
>men didn't act like men 70 years ago

Attached: 1556866563929.gif (640x360, 393K)

Jesus save these morons.

Attached: 790820_screenshots_20180926230011_1.jpg (1920x1080, 416K)

>anime WW2 has women soldiers who talk about girl stuff
Wew laddie, I think you might be onto something. Unironically have sex.

Damn you got me user

Attached: Shanina.jpg (591x800, 119K)

It won't be until we get a new Minerva or Kai marriage ending update.

Attached: n9c7CPU.jpg (1024x576, 57K)

>no Minerva figure
>no Kai figure
>just Alicia and Selvarias

Attached: 1561524031544.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

why do u always have to fight? just talk about the damn gameplay or whatever

Because there's always gonna an autist who has to argue about the most pointless retarded thing.

but user, I must complain about how anime this anime game is

>calibrated
what did he mean by this

the devs ruined the series so the fanbase is fractured

Mate, people on this site love to fucking argue over the most pointless of shit and will take even minor understandable opinions into an opportunity to tell them they are fucking retarded and wrong.

Attached: 1549843025313.webm (604x340, 2.93M)

Why the fuck didn't we get to support the Empire for once? Fuck Gallia, fuck the Federation. Long Live the Empire.

Did you stop watching Band of Brothers when they start talking about tits because it was less sombre and realistic than VC1

The games cross-over in the early/mid-campaigns of the first game. It's the reason the squad joins you at their prime.

Attached: Valkyria Chronicles 4_20190203025211.png (1920x1080, 2.82M)

>VC4 was embarrassing with how many curse words were used as well as talk about tits and ass or other immature topics.
Damn, soldiers being crass. No fucking way. That's one big FUBAR.

If that happens I hope you enjoy playing as Gallians inside the Empire, which then realize they are the baddies and turncoat.

Attached: 1547349079623.jpg (1920x1080, 318K)

Post battle evaluation rewarding scunt-rushing ruined VC1 more than anything else.

Thank goodness the fourth game doesn't require literal glitching in order to cheese missions. Aside from her insanity and placing false blame, Minerva was a true waifu.

Attached: Valkyria Chronicles 4_20181210162453.png (1920x1080, 1.91M)

You can still propel yourself with grenades in the 4th game.

I want to slap those titties while she leans forward like that

Fuck you for being right. This is exactly how it would go as well.

So we will never get a game from the empire's side. Since women are not allowed on normal units. It would be mostly a sausage fest, with few special or royal girls.

Attached: 1539176358266.jpg (566x1127, 79K)

Marina best girl

Attached: 61097382_p0.jpg (1045x1144, 653K)

look i'm gonna be honest, i know this will ruin the thread, but please: post more of these two

Attached: 1539666377094.jpg (304x236, 21K)

That will save this thread.

Attached: 1550478216507.jpg (822x828, 170K)

look i'm gonna be honest, i know this will save the thread, so please: post more of these two

Attached: 1546148777186.png (877x1200, 1.1M)

Attached: 1539668282157.jpg (304x236, 21K)

Attached: 1557553256935.jpg (1920x1080, 359K)

Attached: 1552469197845.jpg (1920x1080, 534K)

Attached: 1539666945294.jpg (304x236, 24K)

Attached: 1535601674401.jpg (473x850, 95K)

Attached: DYZBoq6U8AAYYVe.jpg (1200x1006, 122K)

Attached: 1558910404114.jpg (782x884, 325K)

Bullying Crymaria!

Attached: 1539665685239.jpg (1080x360, 118K)

look at this autist go

Why does she make me so hard

Especially this line for some reason

Attached: 20190705135323_1.jpg (1920x1080, 436K)

>first game protag is a stupid pacifist who doesn't burn the enemy nation to a cinder after their war crimes
>get multiple sequels where they pull the exact same shenanigans

I'm getting a Batman/Joker vibe here.

Attached: 253.jpg (497x732, 119K)

But the Empire are the good guys

Attached: 20190709212017_1.jpg (1920x1080, 372K)

Only 2 is a Sequel, 3 and 4 happen at the same time.

>3 and 4 happen at the same time
as 1

Because she's a qt mommy that clearly wants to fuck your brains out.

so basically the people who dislike the other VC games are largo bara gay faggots who bitch and whine hard every time some one tries to enjoy any of the other games?

Attached: DzrVV5fU8AAKBXK.png (800x800, 928K)

You can't expect the Japanese to make a "nukes are good" ending

Im guessing the ragnium or whatever powersource isnt as light as oil, so they havent gotten shit off the ground yet

And yet they brush off the darksen holocaust as a minor offense. They don't even hold the empire responsible, nor do they burn every single monument to the valkyrirs. Essentially, in the sequel, the darksens are still looked down upon as evil, while the valkyries are seen as gods. Guess we learned jack squat in the first game.

>not a new IP
>bringing this shit up again
End yourself

>That entire DLC pack
Focusing on extra battlegrounds (nothing else to do since they unlock in post game) was incredibly hard.

Attached: Valkyria Chronicles 4_20190130065029.png (1920x1080, 2.68M)

Is there a more wholesome ending to a video game than this?

Attached: VC1ending.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

They're still sequels.

With the DLC, there really isn't anything for VC1 fans to cry about. Perhaps the lack of a Valkyria killing every soldier from a mile away. But there is a mission like that towards the end, where you will need snipers.

Attached: Valkyria Chronicles 4_20190203044337.png (1920x1080, 2.9M)

Revolution had an interesting storyline, but the gameplay kept it a $9 game.

is VC4 any good? I've been thinking of getting it on the switch for comfy gaming since I got sick yesterday. Does it run like ass?

I got that game despite all the warnings and I had to drop it very early in, I swear I played for like 10 hours and it felt like 6 of that time was spent listening to people literally standing completely still talking about shit.

The voice actors for the entire squad 7 crew in the dlc fucking ruined the acquisition of welkin rosie and largo for me.

Why was it that only Isara and Alicia got decent voice acting? Welkin sounds like a fucking 10 year old who just discovered fapping, and largo sounds like he's got the downs. Rosie sounds like a bitch, and not the good type she is in VC1.

I don't know man, I loved 1 to hell and back completed it 100% and fell in love with 4 the same way, but this one thing just fucking rubbed me the wrong way.

Attached: 1559395769591.jpg (600x800, 42K)

The orphans just sat around coming up with more and more treasonous plans, that would result in the deaths of hundreds of people, and displace thousands more.

it's so satisfying to deploy with both generals and the girls and the MCs of Squad Seven and just steamroll everyone

>don't even get anything special for beating them during the mission
was kinda disappointed

it's only a slog if you don't enjoy the gameplay of valkyria chronicles.

Attached: the three b's.jpg (1280x720, 187K)

>character dies heroically
>game lets you revive him immediately afterward and put him in the squad through gameplay dissonance magic

If you are quoting the game I could not remember a single thing those dickheads said, having a couple of twats around a table saying a bunch of shit for an hour is not how you get anyone invested in your game's story.

He told you he was invincible.

the only thing more jarring than plopping him back in the squad is the VC1 DLC, where they say "well we have to go fight a different war now bye!" then they introduce all of Squad 7 as new recruits right afterwards

Revolution has an amazing idea driving its plot with garbage execution. Half of the story would only work if the war was unjustified, and holy fuck the ending is completely nonsensical.

Don't even get me started on Maxim.

I haven't heard good things about the Switch port's performance.

I mean, Sega only cares about getting the JP cast back. Expecting EN VAs to come back over the course of multiple installments is a fool's errand, especially in anime games.

I've heard how terrible it is but is it at least worth it for massive Valkyria titties? I can hardly find any screenshots of her in-game, much less any fan art.

Attached: CHAD.jpg (1400x700, 76K)

Why was the true ending locked in new game plus? Were we supposed to not know Riley was alive?

why are the girls so horny in these games? they're DTF like all the time

Attached: the best line in the game.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

>also they're the only squad in the franchise to lack a god mode Valkyria on their side.
until i do the DLCs and put Swimsuit Selvaria and Crymaria onto my team

honestly crymaria isn't even that useful as a unit

Vitamin D deficiency.

>finish Squad 7 DLC
>Rosie being a total cunt to Raz the whole time
>force her to work with raz and provide cover for him in my squad for the rest of the game

Attached: 1337722338667.jpg (400x400, 80K)

Dumb shit idea to try to make the player sad or something to then flip it into happiness.
>she ded?
>here you go bro, look at these new bonding scenes with her we didn't show you that happened till now
>thats even sadder
>just play the final mission again bro lmao

Retarded shit, should of shown all of it at the appropriate point in the story, especially the promise they made instead of keeping it hidden from the player.

yeah honestly if this squad were real they would never be trusted with anything this important. they had not one, but TWO enemy spies in their unit, and a bunch of the soldier loyalty missions are about units disobeying orders, trying to go AWOL, or getting trapped

Squad 7 are just so talented they could win a war on two fronts simultaneously

Don't mind me, just carrying the entire company on my back.

Attached: dan.jpg (389x901, 64K)

the best part of VC1 is the story
the best part of VC4 is the gameplay

if sega could somehow do both with VC5 that'd be great.

riley seems like she came from a different game

Attached: riley temporarily forgets she is in a japanese game.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

>Using your scouts as battlefield taxis to ferry mortars and shock troopers all over the map
Direct Command is so broken and I love it.

Attached: 1407293913185.png (300x303, 33K)

>Hey guys I'm entrusting this extremely important naval mission to a guy who is not even from the federation and may have dual loyalties and may not even have been on a ship in his life before

Attached: VC4_Roland_Morgan.png (313x774, 333K)

>enjoyed the shit out of VC1, 3 and 4
>everytime I walk into a VC thread there's always one or a couple of faggots who go out of their way to make VC1 look like 2nd coming of Jesus and completely disregard every sequels after it

the ending of eternal sonata is pretty nice too

>Imperial army has no women
>Even though the Soviets did have a few women but the western allies didn't

hmm

Why is someone like Riley even on the front lines

Wouldn't they lock her in R&D

they sure take their fucking time giving you the mission that unlocks them as actual units

>can't unlock bennett even after getting all S rank
life is suffering

Attached: VC4_Mary_Bennett.png (298x747, 225K)

Funny thing is its more worthwhile to use it as a AP refresher than actually doing that.
For those that never noticed using direct command on a unit makes AP reset like they were used for the first time that turn, so leader Shocktroopers can effectively do a at least a single scouts job better.

Of course you can do it on a Scout too for them to make laps around a whole map long as they can survive.

Attached: 1541758763808.webm (492x750, 752K)

"just give the scientists some mortars"

Where is that VC 3 full patch from months ago?

Why does she always have bedroom eyes

You just gonna ignore Selvaria and my two wives?

Attached: 1540333392267.jpg (1120x1700, 385K)

They had women in non combat roles.

Attached: 20190626_103452.jpg (4032x3024, 3.03M)

I need an Udon Entertainment artbook for 4 so badly.

That was a lie

I love Riela so much guys

Attached: 1450680634459.png (416x779, 361K)