EDF5 on Steam in 3 days

>EDF5 on Steam in 3 days
PCMC wins again, baby.

Attached: 1552034853488.jpg (960x540, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1562654321065.webm
youtu.be/mEgPBxuB1MM?t=67
is2.Yea
youtu.be/D4o05OXAePU
soundcloud.com/slowdul/giantbugsedf2017
youtu.be/5yraAvhpxZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What’s different between that and 4? Is it still worth trying 4?

I'll probably make a new PC for christmas so can enjoy it again.

Who will you be maining?

Ranger Master Race here

EDF sucks

>PCMC

Attached: 1561357509680.gif (680x680, 214K)

The english dub of 4.1 was better than the jap audio, prove me wrong.

To save our mother earth from any alien attack

Is this the kind of game one can beat in a weekend or am I looking at a couple of weeks of gaming?

FAHR THE REQWEEYUM GURN

GIANT INSECTS CAN'T FLY?!?!

there's 110 missions and you need to grind or play multiplayer to beat them. Game is very hard on solo

5 is more of a nightmare, and has generally more unfair scenarios
normal mode is lol normal mode but the true real shine is playing on hard, and the general quality of actually getting good gear along with weapon scaling is more organic

Correct
However, as a nipgo understander, the jap dub of 5 is better than the English. Mostly because the English dub has huge grammatical mistakes (note: not phrasal or vocabulary choice oddities like previous ones, actual mistakes) that I can't believe the native speaking VAs agreed to say as written.

>Game is very hard on solo
Why are PC shitters so fucking casual? I first noticed this when AC7 released, its honestly embarrassing.

Attached: D9110BD9-A52B-4D80-B69C-5F9C0D39C9A2.jpg (361x415, 37K)

I agree, they are fun

Can't believe they included giant humans in 5 way to jump the gun.

It's not out on pc. How the hell did you draw the conclusion that poster is pc?

Remember when MGR came out on PC and they bitched endlessly about Blade Wolf?

Attached: 1454285075371.jpg (420x358, 86K)

Wing Diver because that's what I had the most fun with in 4.1

I'm sorry to report she got nerfed pretty weirdly.
A lot of her good weapons in 4.1 now charge up and then discharge.
Which makes them even less useful than it sounds.

definitely gonna give Fencer a try, but I really want to ride one of the Ranger cycles while blasting Perturbator

>solo
>hard
look at him and laugh

She was just overpowered as fuck in 4.1. Meanwhile, Air Raider is actually fun now, Ranger got countless QoL improvements and vehicles again, and they made Fencer even more sanic. So, yeah, she’s a little lackluster by comparison. At least she has sniffable pantsu now, and thigh-highs are top tier.

I wouldn't say she got nerfed, just different approach.
Wing Diver now has way more mobility than before, at cost of weapons working differently.
My biggest gripe is that laser weapons start working in fraction of power after half of magazine

I hate that too. Feels like magazine sizes should have been much bigger or the massive drop off should have only kicked in at 1/3 energy remaining. Then again that first second or two is usually REALLY powerful.

did they add subtitles for the dialogue? if the english audio isn't as good as 4.1 i might just play in japanese

NOOOOOOOO THIS CANT BE HAPPENING

Attached: C0C0862C-24E8-4ADA-A552-5950C4E3834D.png (850x850, 63K)

>Hey guys look at me guys look at me guys me guys look guys look at me me me me mem em guys me guys guys yus look eguys me huys loo ky ufa my e gus yugs guys gus look t a mte guys he uys look at m f guys look guys me me guys hey guys look at me guys guys guys look look mem em eme mem me me guys hey hey hey hey hey hey look hey look look guys look ay me hey hey guy look at me heeeeeeeeeeguys look at me hey gus look look at me hey guys look at me hey hey guys guys look guys look me look at me hey guys look at me hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey guys loook at me lok loio k loo k loook at me guys look at me me me me me me hey guys look at me hey hey hey ehy guys guys guys guys guys kook at me guys look me guys hey look at me guys hey hey guys guys guys look look look at me me me mem e guys hey look at me ghey guys hey guys hey gues hrey hey het look at me hey guys loooook at meeeee hey hey hey ghye hey hey hey hey he y hey look guys me at me hey look at me guys hey look at me me mem me me me hey guys look at me hey hey hey guys look at me hey guys look at me hey hey guys gulook at me me leek at me hey guys look at me ghey guys look at me hey me at ma look at me ghey guys loook at me hey guys look at me hey look at me at me look hey guys look at me hgey guys look at me hey guys look at me hey guys look at me hey guys look at me ghy he hey hey hey look at me guys haey look at me guys look at me hey

Admittedly, WD could stand for some toning down in 4.1... but she felt like a chore in 5.

Though, I've only fully played through the 110 missions on Fencer, because damn that boost-hopping is just glorious sanic.

5 has a few spots where it gets harder. Usually because of the new bipedal enemies. If you let them catch you out, they can snap off rather large portions of your health bar in short order.
Especially the shotgunners.

It is quite doable, though. Usually requiring a change in strategy more than anything else...

Yeah, you basically need to relearn the class cause of how unusual this mechanic is, along with need to charge weapons before firing. That's probably why people feel that class got nerfed.
Tho the most fun I had is when I got to use Ghost Chaser. That is only 68 lvl weapon but holy crap it's so good against hordes on open spaces.

Still no subtitles in twenty fucking nineteen, assuming no changes (there won't be any changes). Pretty pathetic but there we are. The English track is fine as long as you're not as autistic as me about correct English. It's not constant, just semi-freqeuently incorrect and rarely uses present perfect where it should.

Ayyyy, actual hype for EDF5, what's up gu- >469703973 why do I keep assuming actual discussion happens here?

>enemies are called "foreigners"

What are the EDF guys trying to tell us?

Are you ready to do your part?!

Attached: 61341771.jpg (530x295, 20K)

>Especially the shotgunners.
those and laser dudes, fuck those.
But still, you can always deal with them first or use terrain to hide and regroup.
Of course it's going to be hard if you charge blindly and then get obliterated.

The english dub this time was done by D3 themselves this time... and I'm pretty sure no one involved was a naitive english speaker, because its just bad.
Not cheesy bad like XSEED's localization/dub.

Everything in this series has historically silly names.

>N-N-N-NEVER EVER

Attached: 2DC10C83-A18C-414B-9AE1-91D2DD78F627.jpg (392x532, 38K)

I'M FROM BUENOS AIRES AND I SAY KILL EM ALL

At one point they were refugees.

Attached: israel ethiopian riot 2019.jpg (640x400, 62K)

Illegal immigration AND Illicit work?!

How much is it going to be? I don't see a set price

>GENOCIDE GUN!

Attached: 1476924975774.png (818x684, 110K)

$60 USD

i want doujins of those humanoid aliens that look just like us doing things with a squad of wingdivers, if you know what i mean

I thought this was a game about fighting bugs. Why is there a frog? Is he a good guy against the hugs?

You’re going to pay full price for the same levels with reskinned enemies and basic quality of life features that should’ve been in 2025, and you’re going to like it, goyim-kun.

serial escalation. lizards and amphibians are starting to arrive after Literal Godzilla became a thing.

what do you mean.
There are aliens which look like human

>reskinned
you could at least lie better if you wanna bait people

Tunnel maps are pure shit.

Aw shit wing diver is my favorite. Shame I never got to play it online since I had a pirated version but now I guess the online will be deserted on 4 even if I pay for it plus I wanted to get the legit version of 5 to play online. REEEEEEEEE

what if the insects view us as the pest?

Be honest, you're an NPC aren't you ?

Once you get a triple or more boost pack for the fencer you become literally unkillable

she is still good

>dragons to tadpoles
>the totally different and totally new flying types
>the totally different and totally new deroys
>the totally new and totally different balamb i mean whatever it’s called now
I have over 100 hours in EDF 5, faggot, but I’m not wrong.

>ignoring humanoid aliens
>ignoring gamma type (which act differently than in EDF2)
Tadpoles techincally true, but they arrive in formation and their behaviour a bit changed.
>deroys.
Different weapons + rocket weapons.
>flying types
second drone is different than second dron in 4.1
>can't pronounce Balam
Yes, most of vehicles aside of couple are basically the same, just rebalanced and sometimes with new weapon here and there.
Does it makes game worse? No.
Cause you didn't even mentioned other same weapons game has, just picked some random points and that's it. Maybe because other things didn't bother you, despite staying the same.

Just that you not wrong in some parts doesn't make you less than baiting retard. Everyone who plays EDF knows it's iteration franchise. And they like it.

This will be my first EDF game. Wish me luck!

EDF is a side-grade at best, retard, and I don’t know why you’re pretending otherwise. Even more pathetic is how you seem surprised that people think it’s silly to release a budget title at full price whose selling features are basic quality of life changes that by all accounts should have been in the original game 6 years ago.

Cope harder, faggot.

Please tell me that drone is at least more fun to fight than the slow lazer drones. Those things continue to fuck my ass up.

Play on hard and never give in

They can give big damage output eventually, but they do not stun you like laser drones before.
Main problem is red regular drones, whcih behave similarly to 4.1 regular drones but with laser weapon. Thankfully they are rare and between.
>everything should've been in original game
you are fucking retard. That argument can be said for any new game period, and it's fucking retarded argument.

They’re saucer shaped now. $60, please.

Attached: 1C7D7F80-ADF8-4CBD-937A-FD2C20213264.jpg (1024x1024, 191K)

Always Air Raider
Make it rain hellfire and call your friends shitters if they die from it. Even though its usually your fault anyway

You’re actually retarded, aren’t you?
>Why isn’t this guy okay with D3 releasing the same game 3 times each at full price???
And you know what’s funny? I bet you even bitch about. EA releasing their sportsball games every year yet see parallels here. If they weren’t so Jewish, I’d wager you’re on D3’s payroll, but you’re probably doing it for free, aren’t you?

>get to experience Air Raider again
Im ready

Attached: xwPXWRM.jpg (2500x1723, 861K)

>Fencer was great in 4.1 once you learn dash cancelling
>Fencer got even better 5

Air Raider = Fencer > Wing Diver > Ranger

You are an absolute fucking idiot.
4.1 was a port of 2025, a bit enchanced. 2025 introduced classes, how the hell they supposed to add all QoL to them in the first place if they first time ever introduced 4 classes period.
2017 was ranger only till Vita port. 2 was Ranger and Wing Diver only, air raider only in Vita port, 1 was Ranger only.
You are asking for huge leap out of nowhere, calling 5 being same game as 4.1 when it clearly isn't. You don't even use term "reskinned" correctly.
D3 can't even market their games properly, and you are acqusing people of being shills? Are you high?

Wow, and here I thought I get back to Yea Forums and visit some new EDF threads cause PC got a port finally people has been asking for. And instead comfy threads now is this garbage.

Will the PC port have all the DLCs available at launch? This is important

>That glorious moment when you realise you can attach turrets to vehicles

>They made the Air Raider even better in 5

I can't wait to save not-japan by blowing it up again

Attached: 1562484570903.jpg (494x440, 36K)

>I get to play yet another grindy, ugly, poorly coded game that runs like shit

BASED JAPAN

To be fair we're the EARTH defense force, not the city defense force
>Guys...where is the SOUL in video games today
>Nothing is fun
>EDF? Fuck that

You kind of made my point, didn’t you? All of those had pretty significant changes, especially going to 2025. Even the others were significant were significant. Pale Wing changed the way you played 2017 on top of being billed (and priced) as a portable port. EDF 2, again, portable port.

Now, let’s talk about 2025. The game that shouldn’t have even been released considering it was barely playable on one of the consoles. 4.1 let you chug along at a silky smooth 25 fps and even let you play couch coop without melting your PS3. Neat. Oh, and there are now laser sights so you can actually use the vehicles’ guns. We also slapped some kanji fights in there. That’ll be $60, please.

Then EDF 5 (5, a new number!) comes out. Now the grind is ~25% easier! One of the classes is actually viable in solo play! We know you loved 4.1, so 30% of the missions are ripped straight from there! That’ll be $60, please. Oh, and don’t forget the DLC to get the good shit.

I don’t understand how you’re not getting this. If you want to release a “new” game every other year at a AAA price, it’s not unreasonable to expect AAA changes and developments. That means I want more than a few new guns, and 2 new enemy types (or is it 10 new enemy types, since some frogs are red and some aliens have armor?).

>And instead comfy threads now is this garbage
How about you fuck off to Reddit if you want everyone to upvote your posts about how much you love paying full price for this “totally niche b movie budget” title?

Play Iron Rain on PC stupid loser LMAOOOOO

Just pirate the game you fucking mong

Are you somehow under the impression EDF isn't an extremely low budget B movie? The low budget is why we love it

Low budget B movie that charges AAA game price

>He doesn't know why we support EDF
Oh man

No shit. But I’m of the mind that a budget B game shouldn’t be sold every other year at $60 a pop. Anyone who seriously recommends a non EDF fan pay $60 for EDF 5 when 4.1 is $10 is a fucking faggot. It shouldn’t take 6 years and 3+ versions/ports to get a game like this, that is so simple at its core, right

I don't visit any other places to talk about games, but good job being a faggot that you are.
>muh AAA
AAA can go choke on a dick, you fucking retard. I'll take EDF over any fucking shit action game out there on the market. Cause it's actually good and doesn't fix what isn't broken.
What are AAA changes? What is AAA developments? A fucking meaningless words. Go play Iron Rain if you want your AAA, it's fucking horrible game and you deserved it for being a fucking retard you are.

>Every other year
>4.1 came out in 2015
>5 came out in 2017 and is now on PC in 2019

>EDF IS SO GOOD!!!
>EDF IS GARBAGE GO PLAY EDF LOSER!!

Iron Rain is all that faggot wanted. New AAA visuals, all the changes now with 4 different currencies, story and characters + drama which you don't care for and none of the fun. Just like AAA games he drools over so much.

I'd rather have iron rain desu

>EDF 2025 came out in 2013
>EDF 4.1 came out in 2015
>EDF 5 came out in 2017
Yes, that is what “every other year” means, user.

>PCMC
PC Master C...?

Oh I think we all know

>60$ means AAA
What a fucking retard.
Check amount of games released via full price, do you even play anything aside of AAA garbage? Musou new releases are 60$, various SRPG are 60$, fighting games are 60$, jRPGs are 60$, hell even visual novels can be 60$.
Welcome to niche market, stop bein a retard.

5 is sadly quite short, but it is very fun.

>110 stages + DLC
>short.
I mean you can remove tutorial stage, it'll be 109 I guess.
for 270 hours of playtime I have 72% solo completition and about 27% online.
>short

>short with 110 missions
are the missions themselves shorter or are you saying 4.1 was also short

Except I don’t want AAA changes, dummy. EDF works because it is a simple, pure game at its core. It’s fun to play the same ~100 levels because there’s enough weapon variety to cater to all kinds of playstyles. It goes even further when you have 4 unique classes. It’s why I’ve put in well over 250 hours in all 3 versions of what is essentially the same game.

What I have a problem with is people espousing the virtues of a “B Budget game” that keeps getting rereleased for full price. What I have a problem is when somebody asks “hey, I never played EDF before, should I buy this?” or “hey, I liked 4.1, is 5 worth $60?”, You retards come out of the woodwork shilling from the high heavens that it absolutely is, and you’re flat-out lying about the changes. What’s worse is that you can’t handle some objective criticism about a fucking video game, and it’s really fucking bizarre.

A lot of stages are fucking bullshit and unnecessarily difficult

Is this the fan fiction game that's not developed by the original team?

No that's Iron Rain

The English dub is better because it makes it feel even more cheesy.

Hearing VAs say "giant insects" a thousand times over is hilarious.

>Except I don’t want AAA changes
see >it’s not unreasonable to expect AAA changes and developments.

>What I have a problem with is people espousing the virtues of a “B Budget game” that keeps getting rereleased for full price.
Your first niche game period? Will you go nuts if I mention that 60$ is normal for majority of niche game franchises out there?
your objective cricitism is child bickering build upon
>60$ means AAA
It's not objective, nor it's even good criticism.
>lying about changes
show where, I'll wait.

But keep moving those goalposts, you are making an idiot out yourself quite quickly.

I haven't played 5 yet. I have heard people say it's a less clunky and less obtuse EDF game.

Does that mean it looses its charm? What I really liked about the previous EDF games is how stupid things can get things go wrong.

nah, it's still great and still uses havok engine

Oh cool, it's the one thing that I was worried about. How is it more optimized and "less clunky" then?

They changed weapon drops in ways I don't get, but armor pickups now affect everybody. Movement feels less clunky now too, especially with Fencer

Thanks for the answers man.

>fencer is less clunky
Oh man that's all I have to hear.

>AAA game charges $60+
>Fuck this game studio, I'm not paying jack shit

>shitty budget game charges $60+
>TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY

really makes you think

>Bros remember when gaming had SOUL, god I miss those days
>What's this, EDF? I don't want to play that garbage chinkshit

Well, works about same as 4.1, maybe a bit smoother around the edges. framerate wise. I noticed that vehicles almost don't ever drop on side or head anymore, they seem tweaked that they gravitate towards being on wheels again.
While you shoot enemies random bits fly all over the place now making it pretty enjoyable.
But yeah, fencer is now great as other guy just said. There are a lot of various small changes, you'll see it yourself soon. Fencer get passive slot to increase boosts or dashes or decrease weapon feedback and so on.

>bad game charges 60
>Fuck this game studio, I'm not paying jack shit

>good game charges 60
>TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY

ftfy

Attached: cool_guy_makes_a_chill_post.jpg (257x212, 31K)

How much is it gonna be?

Attached: 1562572443089.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Last game was $50, but was slashed to $35 the first week
I'd expect the same here

there was way more time between 4.1 console and pc release, no? Also 4.1 gone with mission packs alwasy, while 5 it was separate DLC.
So I don't think it'll be that cheap quickly.

Well, at least you’re not as retarded as I thought. You’re just being deliberately dishonest. You’re removing the hypothetical context from my statements (“if” being the operative word there, bud). Deliberately ignoring the crux of my argument. It’s not the $60 I have a problem with. It’s the $60 they charged for the first game that quite literally ran at sub 10 fps. And then it’s the $60 two years later so you can actually see during the underground missions and aim your vehicle’s guns. And then it’s the other $60 for the “brand new” game that is 1/3rd recycled levels and makes the grinding a little bit easier.

What’s funny is that your defense is “other shit companies do it too, so there’s no problem there.” What’s sad is you can’t see why people don’t want to pay for that bullshit. And what’s crazy is you’ll claim that the jank and frame drops are part of the charm and, in the very same breath, wonder why the hell people are asking if this game is worth full price.

But no, I’m the one moving the goalposts here.

EDF 4.1 took from April 2015 to July 2016 from JP release to PC release
EDF 5 took December 2017 to July 2019

how?

Fair, but 4.1 was port of a port, so you better don't expect anything cheap from 5 anyway.

When doesn't it? Only dumb super babies buy consoles anymore.

I havent really been following this conversation, but what exactly are you saying
dont buy the game at $60 because its not worth it?

fencer get passive slot where you can increase amount of jumps or dashes you have.

Everything will be turned to glass, and I do mean everything.

Attached: 1561218465777.png (599x658, 270K)

>Alright watch out air strike coming
I say about 2 nanoseconds before 3 air strikes happen simultaneously

>got 4.1 on sale
>been playing the shit out of that
>just hearing now that EDF 5 is coming
>mfw
Can't wait to drag my friend that I already got 4.1 for into this.

Attached: 1549945681937.jpg (636x656, 49K)

Still waiting on those "lies" I presumambly said.
So if anyone dishonest here - is you. for context anywone can go and see your post.
>other companies do it
it isn't the case and you know it. What are AAA games exactly? Production values? Did you ever notice how confined they are when it comes to genres?
You actively throw shit on any other niche game release out there just because it's not mainstream AAA but dared to ask for 60$.
DRPG must not cost cost 60$ because they still have simplistic 3D models and 2D art?
Musou must not cost 60$ because they are "braindead" and don't look good enough?
jRPG must not cost 60$ cause they are anime games?
SRPG must not cost 60$ cause they are turn based or something but not Civ or XCom?
Or some other excuses?
How many more genres I need to list? Not games, but genres. Not companies, but genres.
Your idea that only few types of games allowed to cost 60$ because of some non-defined AAA production values is retarded. And you throw them all under the bus, like a retard you are.

Here is other user who makes best point for this entire dumbest argument You know why people happily will pay and paid full price for EDF 5? Because it's a good game. Same goes for other niche products.
Those are good games which cater to that exact niche. They don't need "AAA production" values to be good.
Because they never ever can sell millions copies to pay for that "AAA production" you salivating about. That's why they don't have AAA production.

Thanks for showing that you know jack shit about videogames.

I’m saying that EDF 5 is basically an upgrade of 4.1, but probably not worth $60 if you’re looking to try out the series when 4.1 can be had for $10. The same way if someone wants to try out the basketball game if they don’t care much about the sport, I’d recommend NBA 2018 for peanuts over NBA 2019 for full price.

Did you like the other EDF games enough that you think you can get 100+ hours to grind some more? Then go for EDF 5. It’s flat out the best in the series, even if its selling points came two games too late. But what always happens in EDF threads is faggots not understanding why some people might feel gypped for dropping $60 on this kind of game.

>even if its selling points came two games too late
Which ones would those be?

>semi-normalfag friend asks me the price for 5
>"i don't know it's going to be around 30-45"
>"yeah they can keep that"
>all this while i offered him a 4.1 key for free and got declined 3 times

Making friends is easy but finding those without utter garbage taste is a fucking nightmare

Because EDF 5 is a $30 game at best that is charging $60+. Personally this is a $5 game.

If you are okay paying $60+ for this then you are fucking retarded

I'll buy a second one just to dab on your shit opinion

And thanks to retards like this - we can't have nice things

I dont get it.so far I can only get like 2 jumps and 2 dashes and its nowhere as fast like what was on the webm

Charging full price for a game that will last you a few hundred hours is fine though? If you don't love EDF to the point of spending more than 100 hours on it then you're an absolute retard with garbage taste who shouldn't be playing video games in the first place.

There a DLC one which gives you 10 dashes, webm probably uses those

It's a niche game retard. It's the same reason why the japanese otaku pay for very expensive blu ray disks. It's a simple concept to understand.

Remember if pcfag cant beat a level or boss they will use cheat engine. That tell how shitters they are.

IT DIDN'T DO SHIT, SIR!

THAT'S BECAUSE YOU SOMEHOW GOD DAMN MISSED THE SKYSCRAPER SIZED MACHINE YOU FUCKING RETARD

Attached: 1535200660122.gif (260x260, 2.01M)

I dont really understand your logic
I can understand the suggesting people whove never played the game to buy 4.1 since its cheap and if they dont like it itd be less of a loss, but not the part about people feeling like theyve been gypped
you said yourself that you feel 5 is the best in the series, but new people wouldnt have an opinion on that matter since theyd have never played one before
are you saying that people feel gypped paying $60 because the game is very similar to the previous games? because thats been the case for all of the edf games and people have still been buying them regardless of that because they enjoy the content, even if its recycled, and because of the improvements each installment brings
I guess I could understand if someones only played one of the games and was expecting some huge change never before seen in the series, but they couldve just looked back at the older games to see what they shouldve been expecting instead

You'll get 6 jumps/dashes late game

2025 and 4.1. 2025 ran very poorly on 360 and some levels were essentially unplayable on PS3. 4.1 was a port of 2025 that fixed most of those issues, as well as some minor gameplay adjustments and added content. 5 is an extension of that. Its biggest changes are quality of life differences. There isn't anything particularly new aside from the Air Raider revamp, and most of the enemies are reskins. 2025 introduced the 4 classes which had to be leveled independently and required a lot of grinding (where the 150+ hours comes in), and most of those QoL changes apply to the grinding process.

huh FALL BACK!

Isn't 5 rebooting the story of 2025/4.1?

What quality of life things does 5 add? I played a lot of 4.1 and remember some annoyances.

pretty sure it was just immigrants
makes you wonder who came up with it

For starters everyone has an item pickup circle that collects items within the circle range when dashing/sprinting

>Spends his entire night being a sperg instead of just pirating a fucking game
Just end your suffering man

Should I wait to get the new one or grab 4 for 10 bucks?

Oh, never mind. You actually are just retarded.

>What are AAA games exactly? Production values?
That would be part of it, sure. If I'm playing a $60 game, there is a certain standard of quality to be expected. Both 4.1 and 5 meet this standard, any of the performance problems are to be expected and easily forgiven in exchange for the sheer amount of activity. 2025, however, did not come anywhere near this standard.

Going by how much you're trying to avoid addressing the 2025 problem, I'm going to guess you didn't even play it. It went beyond dropped frames. The PS3 version didn't work. Co op was absolutely painful. One of the classes, Air Raider, was not viable for solo play. Going further, he was essentially useless on underground missions, a significant chunk of the game. Vehicles were near worthless, having little health and no indicator of where to aim the damn guns. So you had a game that barely ran, a class that was near useless solo, and a coop mode that melted your console. And this still launched as a full price title.

4.1 addressed a lot of this, but guess what? $60 to fix a broken game that had no right being launched. But hey, everything's good now, 2025 is fixed, let's go to the next title, the next numbered entry.

Brand new, right? Well, we're keeping the same class system, because that works. We'll tighten up the controls, improve the performance because we really got the hang of this engine, and help make the grind a bit less grindy. Oh, and that Air Raider guy? Let's actually make him viable solo this time. This is good, this is our best EDF yet. Launch it. $60.

Now, pay attention here, because this is where you get to come in. You come to Yea Forums looking for a nice comfy EDF thread and somebody asks
>"hey how much is this port going to cost"
>"full price for pretty much the same game, but the grinding is way easier and it plays tighter"

And this is where you chimp out.

That's only ranger though?
Other classes get some of the armor and weapons too now, so they get atleast some progress when you play.

Chimp out is the worst meme on this site

remember that if a consolefag uses a mouse and keyboard he'll get banned and they can't play with PC players because they get btfo with their 15 FPS and auto aim

So you go on and on about how
>the tadpoles aren't reskins of the dragons.
>The deroys are absolutely completely different.
>The drones are disks now!

When you get called out for it, you retreat into defensive mode:
>"ah! he mentioned AAA games! i have him!"

So you go off on a rant on completely different, irrelevant genres.
>JRPGS SHOULDNT BE $60
>MUSOUS SHOULDNT BE $60

and on and on. All the while avoiding the core question asked in the thread
>Is this game worth $60?

I remember every class have the circle but only when dashing or sprinting

$50 seems reasonable but $60 doesn't somehow.

Armor/weapon pickups are shared (partially) between classes. Vehicles have a collection ring. Basically each class now has some way to pick up boxes faster at the end of the mission.

>skips normal for hard, losing out on a whole difficulty's worth of armor and weapon upgrades
>complains that the game is hard
lol
the fuck are you talking about. it's long as fuck
WD gets the ring when she boosts. fencer gets it during dashes and jump-boosts

Attached: EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5_20190313044621.jpg (1920x1080, 600K)

>Is this game worth $60?
It is, you ape.

Ooh. Air Raider probably doesn't have the ring without vehicles then?

right. he has no special movement.

Attached: 52397882_p0.jpg (1300x800, 476K)

I have faith that Air Raider is gonna get some really fucking cool vehicles at some point but now I'm fucking jelly that ranger is getting railguns and the EMC.

it's fine. railgun was nerfed to hell, and EMC is an even bigger meme than Titan. Ranger does better on foot with his weapons.

Attached: 71171700_p3.jpg (640x480, 84K)

>railgun was nerfed to hell
Well fuck this game then

>Ranger does better on foot with his weapons.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1562654321065.webm

Attached: 1399924921312.gif (445x247, 2.85M)

Shotgun is the new BnB for Ranger in EDF 5 for the simple fact that it can pierce through enemies. There is no reason to use Assualt Rifles unless its the semi-auto ones in certain situation.

people have been talking about the difficulty a lot, but really how difficult is it compared to 4.1
I played through that first time fresh on hardest, switching to inferno at around 60 or 70 because I thought that would be harder, and it wasnt that bad aside from a couple missions

>Metafaggotry
No

That's fun and cool as fuck but he's not exactly contributing to the fight.

I'm really glad bikes are somewhat usable now.

Doesn't changed the fact that ARs got nerfed to hell and there's no point in using them in 5 because almost every other weapons in Ranger's arsenal is better than the ARs

it's fine. this time, Air Raider's job is to actually use air support. they made them easier to use and even gave him a 3rd slot to reinforce this. he's not just Vehicle Dude anymore

your new drug will be turning a sea of red dots into green dots with Phobos Plan 4. look forward to it

fairly tough. even on an initial playthrough on normal, it can throw you a few curveballs

they're still pretty worthless. go full speed and you're gonna flip out on a street curb or something and crash, destroying your bike. and if you drive carefully, you're just a wobbly idiot who can only shoot directly forward. they're fun, but only that.

Attached: 1486864538969.jpg (659x609, 365K)

yikearooney

>contributing to the fight

Attached: 84856384.jpg (268x188, 12K)

>Mission where there's a bunch of shieldbearers, other enemies and mothership firing green shit
Not looking forward to that on harder difficulties

>The english dub this time was done by D3 themselves this time.
It was for 4 as well. XSEED barely did anything for 4.1.

>armor pickups now affect everybody
Ummm, doesn't this already happen in 4? Or am I severely misunderstanding something here

>one weapon class makes others redundant
>this is somehow good
You're retarded.

Reminder that Wing Diver is best class.

>He doesn't get it

he means all of your own classes, even the ones you werent playing
but yeah it sounded like he meant every player

Attached: Mobile Fortress Balam.jpg (1920x1080, 549K)

Oh then that's a great change, gives me more motivation to play other classes besides my main

He means for the classes. Each red armor box gives you x amount of armor for your current class. Now you get the same amount of armor for the class you're playing as well as armor for other classes. It's not much, and it appears really random, but every bit helps. Weapon pickups can also be weapons for other classes.

It works online, too, which is what I think you thinking about. All the pickups are shared across all 4 players still.

But he's not wrong. ARs are kind of shit, no real reason to pick them unless you're level capped online. It's not like they're a unique weapon or anything, so you're not missing out on a meme gameplan or something.

Steam doesn't lists its price for some reason, is this a 60€ release or something more tame?

Probably going to be whatever it was for consoles at launch.

>Hurr durr I beat the game on hard mode I'm so good
Come back once you've cleared the entire thing on Inferno difficulty.

EDF 2025 and 4.1 are the same game user. 4.1 is just a definitive version on a different platform.

>words
that's a cope

I put 140 hours into EDF 4.1 so I'll gladly pay 60 bucks for another 100+ hour time sink.

That’s a nice way of glossing over the fact that 2025 was a broken, unplayable mess. It never should have been launched.

>Check how many hours I spent on EDF4.1
>294 hours and I didn't even finish everything
EDF 5 is going to take up so much time and it's going to be great!

always called them MF BLAM

I remember the original launch, people were genuinely too stupid to understand how the parry mechanic works, no matter which platform.

I've only tried EDF 4.1 without really knowing anything about the games. Blast Fencer was fun but you had to pretty much animation cancel all the time if you wanted to get anywhere. Is it still the same in 5? I just really fucking hate spamming animation canceling motions.

seething poorfag

>doing a power stance into uppercut combo

Attached: 1455184486300.gif (420x314, 1.53M)

If it doesn't list a price, then it's probably the developer's/publisher's decision not to.

user you better play a cool class like the Fencer

What does the stance do?

for balam, nothing. for barga, you need to do it before you can do either of the special moves

Attached: 1530311821465.jpg (1920x1080, 321K)

youtu.be/mEgPBxuB1MM?t=67

well according to
you get 6 late game

It's not exactly what I remember but I didn't play too much of it anyway. I rememeber you could basically dash arouind the map forever by dashing - canceling the animation - dashing - caneling- etc. That shit was available from the get go and seemed to be a core way of moving.

>If I'm playing a $60 game, there is a certain standard of quality to be expected.
Wow, you are fucking retarded. What is that certain standard? It exist only in your head.
>Going by how much you're trying to avoid addressing the 2025 problem
because it is not a problem. 2025 was good EDF game, 4.1 was a better port but it never advertised itself by being something more. Perfomance was always ass in EDF games, no news here.
A lot of games launched at 60$ for PS3, nothing wrong with EDF having that too.
Also thanks for confirming that you can't play shit as air raider, lol.

We were talking about type 2 drones when you started sperging, retard. I also agreed on tadpoles being reskin, just noted that they act differently during appearance. And yes, adding new weapons and changing weapons on deroys is still a valid point.
>completely different
where is completely difference again? Show it to me. Those are not your AAA games but you seem to not have problem with them costing 60$ for some reason.
Almost like you don't have any argument.

Fucking retard.

It needs to hurry up and get here I just want to glass Tokyo :(

Attached: 023740-23784.jpg (1920x1080, 960K)

It does, but it's not like that really affects much but the dialogue anyway. You can essentially ignore the idea that they take place in different universes and it will make about as much sense.

Nah, EDF lore is actually pretty fun thing when you start to dig into it. Especially 2017/2025 one. There is a lot of shit going out you don't see and can guess only from radiochatter.
It's also fun to compare. in 2017 they figured to shoot teleporter ships in like few minutes after failed airstrikes, in 5 it took them months till Sergeant finally said "have you tried to shoot them from below". Before that they could only get teleportation ship down with a nuke.

Hope is less that 45 or 30 like the 4.1 or gonna search in Cdkeys.

Same

I didn't even have endgame fencer weapons since they just won't drop despite farming machine squad inferno for hours. Also one fuckup and the big deroys will delete you.

Mission pack stage was better for grinding, depending on class tho. Golden darkness one.
Takes longer but bigger pay out.

What are the changes to air raider this time around? I liked it in ED4 but hated the resources. Many vehicles also felt to slow for the damage output

I did it only a few times because it takes way too long and you die in one hit.

[Glass him] means something entirely different in EDF.

Attached: 1527584708650.png (342x430, 92K)

>are there changes to air rider
Nigga he can reload his shit in the background and has infinite artillery that is on a cooldown rather than points. You also get a drone view when using airsrikes now.

>Feel like a tactical genius when really all I'm doing is spamming the air strike button because of the new view

>throw airstrike marker
>the marker gets stuck at nearest building
>get BTFO by cannonade of missiles

How fast is Fencer this time around?

ctrl+f "webm"
you'll see

My fucking dick.

Attached: f0900160.png (496x496, 387K)

IMPOSSIBRU

Game isnt even out on pc yet you console warring faggot.

not all of his strikes work like that.

Gunship strikes, guided missiles (excluding Tempest), and Bulge Laser (previously Satellite Blaster) reload automatically, typically over a period of 1-2 minutes.

Artillery Squad strikes, Bomber strikes, and Spritefall reload the same was as before, with credits. the costs of these strikes can be much lower than they were in 4, if you've got sufficient upgrades for them.

Attached: 1552658891205.jpg (640x640, 248K)

The only reason to play 4 would be to marvel at the QoL updates
5 is basically a mix of the EDF 3 and 4 stories and features many levels that are very similar to 4s, but kicked up a notch

I hope EDF5 PC has language audio options

To go into the QoL updates, lets just say in EDF4.1 you abuse mechanics to go faster, combat rolling everywhere with Ranger and Air Raider, or using shields or javelins to dash cancel with Fencer
In EDF5, Fencer now gets equipable items that lets him dash multiple times, or super jump multiple times, or both, leading to Dash Dash Dash Jump Dash Dash Dash Jump Dash Dash Dash Jump Dash Dash Dash reset loops, Ranger gets a sprint that you can buff to go faster with, or just equip some bikes and crash the fuck out.
is2.Yea Forums.org/wsg/1562654321065.webm
Wing Diver also gets air boosting which fucking zooms you across the map and Air Raider...
Well, he rolls around still, but everything else about Air Raider is fucking awesome! Half of his gear is now on reload timers instead of points, meaning you don't have to worry about not killing things or bringing a shitty limpet gun. His Air Strikes now have an awesome zoom out and place exactly where you want it feature instead of throwing a smoke nade and hoping.
Unfortunately he lost some of his vehicles to Ranger but what he does get is still kick ass.

I'm looking forward to PC because half of my friends don't have PS4s so I couldn't play with them.
I just hope the PC port is better this time and doesn't have memory leaks or match making time outs

Attached: RAID.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

Don't forget air raider also gets an ohohojousama handling his planet melting space laser satellite

>Every single one of her voice lines
>That laughter

Attached: thedeathofvee.png (639x435, 332K)

youtu.be/D4o05OXAePU

Is there a similar video in english?

Her English voice makes no sense till you know she's an Ojousama

Why did you post this picture of me?

that would appear to be one of the reasons this port took so long

Attached: OITaXQe.png (291x131, 6K)

I hope, but doubt, that the subtitles when you're listening to the Jap audio is actually subs for the Jap audio.

My fucking dick

Alright lads, don't dissapoint me this time.

Ehem.

1-1.To save our mother Earth from any alien attack,

What's an EDF troops favourite file format?
PDF!

1-2 From vicious giant insects who have once again come back

Both, depending on whether you get burned out after the first difficulty level.

So I'm playing though EDF 4.1 and I was wondering to get the "Cleared all stages on X difficulty with X class" achievements can you do it online or does it have to be in singleplayer mode?

Attached: 37524092_p0.jpg (1000x1000, 645K)

Really the worst part is how dumb they've been about marketing this.

"Sorry, we have no plans at this time to port the game to PC despite the good reception 4.1 got."
>1.5 years later
"Oh hey guys we've ported the game. You have less than a week to adjust your game budget."

>bought like $58 worth from the Steam sale
>this gets announced
>it'll probably be full price and i live in leafland
>metal wolf chaos out next month too
god FUCK

I don't know anything about this game, but I will literally buy any game where I can play as a frog as long as said frog isn't a dumb meme like Pepe. Is the frog in this image playable?

Attached: excited_anime_girl.gif (444x444, 186K)

No you kill the frogs. Go play Frog Blaster.

no this is the game where you kill thousands of frogs, insects, robots and dinosaurs

they are the enemy

Attached: I88XvUL.jpg (1920x1080, 555K)

Oh.
Also, I've already 100% Kero Blaster.

Attached: cant_be_doin_with_this.png (126x125, 2K)

How do you git gud solo in EDF 4.1? I've started wih ranger as a jack of all trades and got to mission 20 or so.
He's painfully slow and I get overwhelmed very fast with enemies.
Also, how am I suppossed to defeat these big-ass saucers that have ridiculous healthbar and spawn shitton of aerial bugs?

>They think they know EDF5

Every single MP match has weapon level lock, armor lock, and vehicle lock by default. You can't turn it off.

You have to have some meme cheevo of completing about 80% of the total game to unlock no level restricts. % Complete includes difficulty settings and beating each level as each class.

If you use Air Raider for anything other than underground levels since Spidertank is unironically pretty fucking good, the "Farm this big open plain super battle" level, or shit before Hard mode endgame you're dragging everyone else around you down.

Literally every vehicle but Spider Tank turns at the speed of fat. The buffs you get, even at lower levels, and with a bit of luck via the "Upgrade" system from drops, can either be completely worthless or fucking amazing.

The upgrade system is actually neato but bad luck can mean you're dragging stronger lower level weapons into much much higher missions until you find upgrades for said higher level weapons.

Attached: EDF! EDF!.jpg (1037x1100, 363K)

It's good that there're cheat engine and mods on PC.

>You can't turn it off.
you can, just beat 70% of the game online first.

LOOK

WHAT IS THAT

I CANT BELIEVE MY EYES

soundcloud.com/slowdul/giantbugsedf2017

How much will it cost?

Go directly to jail, do not collect 200 dollars.

Attached: EDF! EDF!.png (850x760, 335K)

pick more appropriate weapons. don't play on a difficulty you aren't ready for.

Attached: 1552661002311.jpg (736x280, 91K)

One of the other QoL changes over 4 is that in 5 you get the completion bonus for difficulties lower than the one you're playing
So you can unlock all of easy modes completion bonuses without ever playing easy mode
Another good one is that the hardest two difficulties are locked till you beat the final mission on Normal or Hard, so you don't get low level shitters playing in them

>One of the other QoL changes over 4 is that in 5 you get the completion bonus for difficulties lower than the one you're playing
Fucking amazing.

Attached: 1555471697578.jpg (630x630, 35K)

Please respond.

Attached: 37439499_p0.jpg (1027x1027, 325K)

that only applies to Hard and lower. Hardest and Inferno are separate.

you shouldn't skip normal. you'll miss out on lots of armor, weapon upgrades, and certain useful low-level gear.

Attached: 70449702_p2.jpg (700x1830, 610K)

You're kinda cute :3

Have you tried Frog Fractions?

>in 3 days

Page says sometime in july and you cant preorder it yet.

Normal is a bit boring tho, if person experienced in 4.1, I'd so go for hard instantly.
Hard still drops weapons starting 1st level

Hard Mode in MP becomes fucking crazy pretty quick.

>That level with the artillery aliens
>That level that introduces the Super Aliens

Attached: PAUSE.jpg (257x257, 30K)

true, but the range of weapons attainable on hard spans 1-50 over 110 missions, while normal stretches that to 1-25. on hard, weapon thresholds will be passing you by more quickly, so you'll get less opportunities to acquire dupes for upgrades, and may even outright miss some things if you're unlucky.

Attached: 70449702_p4.jpg (640x480, 231K)

You know I don't mind if you try hard mode from stage 1 onwards
I'm just pissed when people join in on mission 50 hard with default armour and weapons

Another thing in EDF5 is that weapons have leveling. Each time you get a weapon its stats are rolled and if any stat is better than you already have you get that stat on your weapon.
Its not good enough to just get a new weapon and have it be better than the one you're using, sometimes you'll need to get it 10 times more before its better.
When a weapon is Star rank its the best it can get and it'll kick ass on stages in its level range.

What is the best game to get into this series?

People are s in this game, simple as that.

With such a low playbase, it's just full of neckbeards who get bullied at school and feel big kicking people in public lobbies.

The last one, since they all more or less use the same assets.

THE RULE OF GOD

Attached: EDF Air Raider.gif (500x350, 1.26M)

So glad these games are on pc now. The frame rate sucks dead dog dick on ps4

despite everything EDF5s FPS on ps4 wasn't too bad
There was a couple of things that tanked FPS in 4.1 that ran smooth on 5

Damn I was hoping for the 3 second delay of actually being able to see tempest explosions.

Attached: EDF.webm (1600x900, 2.4M)

Artillery aliens really not that bad, heavy armored ones those I can see being a problem.
fair point, but I was more thinking of solo or close friend coop, not playing with randos.
I honestly felt game was too easy when I gone thru normal as 2 players. Hard felt like 4.1 normal.

I played through normal co-op with a friend, and having an Air Raider makes everything easy
Meanwhile playing 4player with randoms and its amazing the lengths they go to to fuck up
Why in the fuck would you play as an Air Raider and bring only sentry guns or limpet guns?
The real difficulty, is other people.

Also good QoL in 5 is that you can get weapons and armour for other classes as you play, so after we finished Normal mode, we restarted Hard using other classes that had just enough armour and weapons to keep it interesting.

Balam pose techs falling.

>The real difficulty, is other people.
I honestly for basically half a thousand hours in 4.1 and 5 never played with randos.
probably should eventually.
sounds like fun

youtu.be/5yraAvhpxZQ
I don't remember being able to maneuver missiles like this in 4.1 but I never tried. Sweet.

This happened when playing with a random
Surprisingly, we failed the mission

Attached: Better with Friends.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

You could. Missiles would make hard 90+ degree turns if you fucked up while guiding.

havok, never change.
that's honestly common, tho usually happens while someone is awhile. I remember thank to that created distance beating one tricky stage.

Thanks Doc

Gratias tibi medicus.

I am the ranger that makes the difference.

The thing is you are playing with weapons aimed to that difficulty. If you can farm weapons with people online in hard or more you will probably get better stuff and rape solo mode.
Getting armor is the true pain.

honestly the reverse is true, you grind high level missions in solo to unlock weapons for MP
Solo mode is very easy unless you're Air Raider

main challenge for air raider is to get the fuck into robot quickly. thanks to buffed armour they are good now.
tho I am struggling on solo inferno. Hard and Hardest wasn't really that big of a deal.

I think I'm failing an INT check with the 200m walking thing

it's faster than my ranger and it stomps the friendly tanks so I'm left with 5 of the big robots and the 200m walking tank's rear gun

shooting the glowing bottom doesn't seem to do much, well since there's no health bar for it i wouldn't know anyway

Unless its telling you to kill it, don't
If it is telling you to kill it, bring a fast vehicle A Bike and get in front of it and try to keep pace as you shoot at the red thing
Take out as many guns as you can before getting too close though
You'll know you're doing damage because every time you get like 20/25% health damage done to it it'll spawn frogs

Why do people seem to dislike Insect Armageddon? I had a lot of fun with it.

>xbox release never

A patriot to the end!